New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spellvoid

Spellvoid is an interesting class as an anti-mage set. A few quick thoughts: First, I would put the bonus feats at different levels. Second, I would also add some sort of additional anti-magic attack option, maybe making beings that take damage from them need to make saves or lose spell slots. Also, if they are going to be an anti-magic class, it might make sense for them to have three good saves rather than just 2.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The same way other martials accomplish it: magic items.
    That renders the biggest asset of this class moot.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    Spellvoid is an interesting class as an anti-mage set. A few quick thoughts: First, I would put the bonus feats at different levels. Second, I would also add some sort of additional anti-magic attack option, maybe making beings that take damage from them need to make saves or lose spell slots. Also, if they are going to be an anti-magic class, it might make sense for them to have three good saves rather than just 2.
    1) I did that to try balancing class feature aquisition, and I thought one feat alone wasn't enough, especially if the other feat was gained with something else. Though, if I were to add another class feature, then I could easily split them up.
    2) That's actually not a bad idea. I'll work something out.
    3) I'd rather not. I feel like all high saves should be reserved for something special that really feels like it deserves all high saves.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    That renders the biggest asset of this class moot.
    In what way?
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

1) I did that to try balancing class feature aquisition, and I thought one feat alone wasn't enough, especially if the other feat was gained with something else. Though, if I were to add another class feature, then I could easily split them up.
    2) That's actually not a bad idea. I'll work something out.
    3) I'd rather not. I feel like all high saves should be reserved for something special that really feels like it deserves all high saves.

In what way?
    In a way that all those tentacles have no effect vs. the targets I mentioned.

And another thing. Extra tentacles should grant bonuses to opposed Grapple thecks, as well as Balance and Climb checks (and maybe also Swim checks, but that's debatable).

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spellvoid

The Spellvoid

Prerequisites:
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Mage Slayer, Great Fortitude
    Special: Must have made a successful Fortitude save against a spell effect.

------------------------------

Hit Die: d10

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +1 +2/+0/+2 Spell Consumption, Spell Resistance 5 + HD
    2 +2 +3/+0/+3 Aura of Spell Protection
    3 +3 +3/+1/+3 Spell Resistance 10 + HD
    4 +4 +4/+1/+4 Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection
    5 +5 +4/+2/+4 Spell Reflection, Spell Resistance 15 + HD
    Class Skills (4 + Int)
    Climb, Craft, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Religion), Listen, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim, Use Magic Device, Use Rope

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Spellvoid does not gain any proficiency in weapons or armor.

Spell Consumption (Su): Whenever a Spellvoid successfully avoids the effects of a spell because of her Spell Resistance, she absorbs some of the spell's magical energy and converts it into a bonus for herself. She can choose one bonus each time she resists a spell. Bonuses of the same type overlap, not stack. All bonuses last for a number of rounds equal to the resisted spell's caster level.

A bonus on attack and damage rolls equal to the resisted spell's spell level.
    A bonus on AC equal to the resisted spell's spell level.
    A bonus on saves equal to the resisted spell's spell level.
    Temporary hit points equal to the resisted spell's spell level multiplied by her Spellvoid level.

Spell Resistance (Su): A Spellvoid develops keen anti-magical defenses. At first level, she gains SR 5 + HD. This improves to 10 + HD at level three and 15 + HD at level five. Her Spell Resistance is constantly active, but she can suppress or resume it as a free action.

Aura of Spell Protection (Su): At second level, a Spellvoid can extend her protection against magic to her allies. She gains a 30 foot aura that grants a bonus on AC and saves equal to her Spellvoid level to all allies within the area. These bonuses only apply against spells and spell-like abilities.

Bonus Feats: At level four, a Spellvoid gains Pierce Magical Concealment and Pierce Magical Protection as bonus feats.

Spell Reflection (Su): Upon reaching fifth level, a Spellvoid can reflect spells back at their caster. Whenever she successfully avoids the effects of a spell because of her Spell Resistance that targets specific creatures, she can, instead of using Spell Consumption, reflect it back to the creature that cast the spell. That spellcaster becomes subject to the spell as if they had cast it upon themself.
    This one could be a nice continuation to Muggins' Forsaker. Would create one hellish mage slayer.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

In a way that all those tentacles have no effect vs. the targets I mentioned.

And another thing. Extra tentacles should grant bonuses to opposed Grapple thecks, as well as Balance and Climb checks (and maybe also Swim checks, but that's debatable).
    That's what the magic items are for. :V
    I don't expect the tentacles to be a tool that solves every problem. That would be absurd. Everything has its strengths and weaknesses.

Good point. I didn't even consider that. I'll add that.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

That's what the magic items are for. :V
    I don't expect the tentacles to be a tool that solves every problem. That would be absurd. Everything has its strengths and weaknesses.
    That just means that every Fleshwarper Devotee in your gameworld would buy an item for (Greater/Superior) Magic Fang as early as humanly possible.
    Seems a bit boring from my PoV. If every single character of a given class needs something to utilize its #1 shtick, then that something should be a feature of that class, not an outside addon.

At the very least, allow the Fleshwarper Devotee to deal slashing/piercing damage starting at 11th level.
    Last edited by nonsi; 2018-01-19 at 12:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

That just means that every Fleshwarper Devotee in your gameworld would buy an item for (Greater/Superior) Magic Fang as early as humanly possible.
    Seems a bit boring from my PoV. If every character single of a given class needs something to utilize its #1 shtick, then that something should be a feature of that class, not an outside addon.

At the very least, allow the Fleshwarper Devotee to deal slashing/piercing damage starting at 11th level.
    And other martials naturally acquire magic weapons as class features, right?

That could work. I'll do that.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The modifications to Fleshwarper Devotee and Spellvoid have been completed.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Talismans of Shendu

The Talismans of Shendu

Legends tell of twelve ancient talismans of unimaginable power. Each one bares the image of a particular animal and grants a unique power. It is said that these talismans once belonged to a mighty dragon named Shendu, though other stories say he was a demon. Some believe that he created the talismans, but others say that the powers were innate and were stolen from him. Regardless, these talismans now lie scattered to the four corners of the world and have remained hidden for so long that they have passed into myth.

Rooster Talisman: The flighty rooster grants its wielder the power of levitation. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you gain a Fly speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability. The talisman can also be activated as a standard action to use Telekinesis, as the spell with a caster level of 20, for as long as you concentrate.

Ox Talisman: The mighty ox grants its wielder great strength. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you gain a +20 enhancement bonus to strength.

Snake Talisman: The sly snake grants its wielder the ability to turn invisible. This talisman can be activated as a swift action to become invisible as by Greater Invisibility with a caster level of 20. You then remain invisible as long as the talisman remains in your possession or until you use another swift action to deactivate it.

Rabbit Talisman: The swift rabbit grants its wielder incredible speed. As long as this talisman remains in your possession, you gain a +240 enhancement bonus to your speed.

Sheep Talisman: The pastoral sheep grants its wielder the ability of mind walking. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to invoke one of two powers. You can either use Astral Projection as the spell or Dream as the spell. Both have a caster level of 20.

Dragon Talisman: The powerful dragon grants its wielder a dragon's fire. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to shoot a 120 foot line that deals 20d6 damage, half fire and half typeless. Creatures caught in the area can make a DC25 Reflex save for half damage.

Rat Talisman: The noble rat grants its wielder the ability to animate the inanimate. This talisman can be activated as a standard action in which you place the talisman within an inanimate object. The object is then animated as an Animate Object spell with a caster level of 20. The object remains animated until the talisman is removed. This talisman can only animate one object at a time.

Horse Talisman: The healthy horse grants its wielder great health. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you gain Fast Healing 20. The talisman can also be activated as a standard action to heal any one creature touched as with a Heal spell and a Renegerate spell, both with caster levels of 20. This talisman does not harm undead unlike a normal Heal spell.

Monkey Talisman: The tricky monkey grants its wielder the ability to change shape. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to invoke one of two powers. You can either Shapechange as the spell with a caster level of 20 on yourself, or you can Polymorph Any Object as the spell with a caster level of 20 on another. Both powers are permanent until dispelled or reversed with the talisman.

Dog Talisman: The loyal dog grants its wielder eternal youth. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you ignore any aging penalties you may have accrued, and you stop aging. In addition, you become immune to death effects.

Pig Talisman: The capable pig grants its wielder the power of heat vision. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to shoot a ray at a target within 60 feet that deals 20d6 fire damage. If the target takes damage this way, it must make a DC25 Fortitude save or catch on fire.

Tiger Talisman: The regal tiger grants its wielder the power of balance. This talisman can be activated as a full-round action to split your body in two as by a Fission power with a manifester level of 20. The two halves split their chi energy with one half gaining yin and the other gaining yang. Your yin side is lawful good regardless of your actual alignment, and your yang side is chaotic evil regardless of your actual alignment. Neither side directly controls the other. When the talisman is activated, it is split in half with each side of the user owning one of the pieces. The division is permanent until the two halves of the talisman are restored. This talisman can only divide one person at a time.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Talismans of Shendu

The Talismans of Shendu

Legends tell of twelve ancient talismans of unimaginable power. Each one bares the image of a particular animal and grants a unique power. It is said that these talismans once belonged to a mighty dragon named Shendu, though other stories say he was a demon. Some believe that he created the talismans, but others say that the powers were innate and were stolen from him. Regardless, these talismans now lie scattered to the four corners of the world and have remained hidden for so long that they have passed into myth.

Rooster Talisman: The flighty rooster grants its wielder the power of levitation. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you gain a Fly speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability. The talisman can also be activated as a standard action to use Telekinesis, as the spell with a caster level of 20, for as long as you concentrate.

Ox Talisman: The mighty ox grants its wielder great strength. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you gain a +20 enhancement bonus to strength.

Snake Talisman: The sly snake grants its wielder the ability to turn invisible. This talisman can be activated as a swift action to become invisible as by Greater Invisibility with a caster level of 20. You then remain invisible as long as the talisman remains in your possession or until you use another swift action to deactivate it.

Rabbit Talisman: The swift rabbit grants its wielder incredible speed. As long as this talisman remains in your possession, you gain a +240 enhancement bonus to your speed.

Sheep Talisman: The pastoral sheep grants its wielder the ability of mind walking. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to invoke one of two powers. You can either use Astral Projection as the spell or Dream as the spell. Both have a caster level of 20.

Dragon Talisman: The powerful dragon grants its wielder a dragon's fire. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to shoot a 120 foot line that deals 20d6 damage, half fire and half typeless. Creatures caught in the area can make a DC25 Reflex save for half damage.

Rat Talisman: The noble rat grants its wielder the ability to animate the inanimate. This talisman can be activated as a standard action in which you place the talisman within an inanimate object. The object is then animated as an Animate Object spell with a caster level of 20. The object remains animated until the talisman is removed. This talisman can only animate one object at a time.

Horse Talisman: The healthy horse grants its wielder great health. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you gain Fast Healing 20. The talisman can also be activated as a standard action to heal any one creature touched as with a Heal spell and a Renegerate spell, both with caster levels of 20. This talisman does not harm undead unlike a normal Heal spell.

Monkey Talisman: The tricky monkey grants its wielder the ability to change shape. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to invoke one of two powers. You can either Shapechange as the spell with a caster level of 20 on yourself, or you can Polymorph Any Object as the spell with a caster level of 20 on another. Both powers are permanent until dispelled or reversed with the talisman.

Dog Talisman: The loyal dog grants its wielder eternal youth. As long as this talisman is in your possession, you ignore any aging penalties you may have accrued, and you stop aging. In addition, you become immune to death effects.

Pig Talisman: The capable pig grants its wielder the power of heat vision. This talisman can be activated as a standard action to shoot a ray at a target within 60 feet that deals 20d6 fire damage. If the target takes damage this way, it must make a DC25 Fortitude save or catch on fire.

Tiger Talisman: The regal tiger grants its wielder the power of balance. This talisman can be activated as a full-round action to split your body in two as by a Fission power with a manifester level of 20. The two halves split their chi energy with one half gaining yin and the other gaining yang. Your yin side is lawful good regardless of your actual alignment, and your yang side is chaotic evil regardless of your actual alignment. Neither side directly controls the other. When the talisman is activated, it is split in half with each side of the user owning one of the pieces. The division is permanent until the two halves of the talisman are restored. This talisman can only divide one person at a time.
    this reminds me the good old days. I think you watch that cartoon to mate so whats next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ghost Boy

The Ghost Boy

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +0 +0/+2/+2 Going Ghost, Ghost Ray 1d6, Ghost Sense
    2 +1 +0/+3/+3 Ghost Light, Flight, Power Augmentation (+2, +0)
    3 +2 +1/+3/+3 Ghost Ray 2d6, Invisibility
    4 +3 +1/+4/+4 Ectoplasmic Energy Shield, Uncanny Dodge
    5 +3 +1/+4/+4 Ghost Ray 3d6, Intangibility
    6 +4 +2/+5/+5 Power Augmentation (+4, +2), Evasion
    7 +5 +2/+5/+5 Ghost Ray 4d6, Searing Ray
    8 +6 +2/+6/+6 Ghostly Grasp, Energy Kinesis
    9 +6 +3/+6/+6 Ghost Ray 5d6, Greater Invisibility
    10 +7 +3/+7/+7 Improved Flight, Power Augmentation (+6, +2)
    11 +8 +3/+7/+7 Ghost Ray 6d6, Telekinesis
    12 +9 +4/+8/+8 Overshadow, Improved Evasion
    13 +9 +4/+8/+8 Ghost Ray 7d6, Improved Energy Kinesis
    14 +10 +4/+9/+9 Improved Intangibility, Power Augmentation (+8, +4)
    15 +11 +5/+9/+9 Ghost Ray 8d6, Explosive Ray
    16 +12 +5/+10/+10 Duplication
    17 +12 +5/+10/+10 Ghost Ray 9d6, Superior Energy Kinesis
    18 +13 +6/+11/+11 Superior Flight, Power Augmentation (+10, +4)
    19 +14 +6/+11/+11 Ghost Ray 10d6, Ghostly Wail
    20 +15 +6/+12/+12 Greater Duplication
    Class Skills (4 + Int)
    Balance, Bluff, Craft, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (All), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All simple and martial weapons and light armor and shields (except tower shields).

Going Ghost (Su): Through some bizarre accident or circumstance of birth, a Ghost Boy possesses the strange ability to become a ghost at will. As a standard action, he can transform into a ghost. Upon transforming, his type changes to Undead, and he keeps all subtypes. He acquires all associated undead traits except that he does not lose his Constitution score and is subject to effects that require Fortitude saves. He has Turn Resistance equal to his Charisma modifier plus 1/2 his level. With the exceptions of Ghost Sense, Uncanny Dodge, and Evasion, none of his class features can be used outside of his ghost form. Even his normal form, a Ghost Boy is vulnerable to anything that specifically affects undead except for Turning/Rebuking. However, he receives a +4 bonus on any such effect that offers a save.

Ghost Ray (Su): A Ghost Boy's basic ranged attack is shooting a blast of ectoplasmic energy. This is a ranged touch attacks that deals 1d6 untyped damage to a single target with a range increment of 30 feet. At every odd level, the damage dealt is increased by 1d6.

At level seven, the Ghost Ray burns with an incredible heat. When using this ability, he can choose for it to deal fire damage. In addition, the Searing Ray can cause targets or flammable objects to catch fire if they fail a Reflex save versus a DC of 10 + 1/2 his level + his Charisma modifier.

At level fifteen, the Ghost Ray can explode on contact, dealing its damage to all other creatures within a 20 foot radius burst of the target with a Reflex save for half. The Ghost Boy can choose to either use a normal Ghost Ray, a Searing Ray, an Explosive Ray, or an Explosive Searing Ray.

Ghost Sense (Su): A Ghost Boy can sense the presence of other formerly living things. Whenever he comes within 60 feet of an undead or 90 feet of an incoporeal undead, his Ghost Sense activates, alerting him to the presence of, but not location or direction of, the creature. The Ghost Sense manifests in one of seven possible ways depending on element and chosen at first level. This choice will affect what type of Energy Kinesis he later develops. Acid: He feels sudden heartburn. Cold: He shivers and releases a frosty breath. Earth: He momentarily feels sudden loss of balance. Electricity: His hair stands on edge, and he feels a small shock in his finger tips. Fire: He suffers a small hot flash and gets sweaty. Water: He drools uncontrollably for a moment. Wind: He hears faint and indecipherable whispers in his ear.

Ghost Light (Su): At second level, a Ghost Boy can harness his ectoplasmic energy into a nonlethal light that glows in his hand. At will, he can produce light like a lantern. He can also direct it in one direction like a bullseye lantern.

Flight (Su): A level two Ghost Boy no longer feels the effects of gravity and can fly at will with a speed of 60 feet with good maneuverability. At level ten, his speed increases to 90 feet, and his maneuverability increases to perfect. At level eighteen, his speed increases to 120 feet. While flying, his legs disappear into a ghostly tail that trails behind him. He can, however, still benefit from equipment worn on his legs or feet.

Power Augmentation (Su): At level two, a Ghost Boy can channel his ectoplasmic energy into himself to increase his abilities. When used, he choose either his Strength or Dexterity to receive the primary bonus and the other to receive the secondary bonus. The primary bonus is +2 and increases by +2 every four levels. The secondary bonus becomes +2 at level six and increases by +2 every eight levels. This ability lasts a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier plus one half his level and can be used a number of times per day equal to his Constitution modifier.

Invisibility (Su): At third level, a Ghost Boy can become invisible at will. At level nine, this improves to Greater Invisibility.

Ectoplasmic Energy Shield (Su): By level four, a Ghost Boy has learned how to manifest his ectoplasmic energy as a defensive barrier. He conjures a floating disc of force that confers a shield bonus to AC equal to 2 plus one half his level and makes him immune to Magic Missile. The shield lasts a number of rounds equal to his level, and aftewards, he must wait a minute before he can use this ability again.

Intangibility (Su): A fifth level Ghost Boy can finally become intangible like a real ghost. As a swift action, he and all his gear can become incoporeal and receive all associated traits for a number of rounds equal to his level. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier. At level fourteen, this ability can be used at will.

Ghostly Grasp (Su): At level eight, a Ghost Boy's control over his ghostly form has reached the point where he can extend his arms beyond their normal length. His reach increases by 5 feet.

Energy Kinesis (Su): By level eight, a Ghost Boy has finally learned how to use his unique elemental power. The power manifested depends upon the element of his Ghost Sense. At level thirteen, he gains the second power, and at level seventeen, he gains the third power.

Acid: You can choose your Ghost Ray to deal acid damage which lingers and deals 1d4 additional acid damage per round for 1d8 rounds. Improved Kinesis: your body constantly drips acid, and any creature or object that touches or is touched by you takes 2d4 acid damage. This can be suppressed or resumed as a free action. Superior Kinesis: You can control the acid within your opponents' bodies to attack them from the inside. You target one living creature within 60 feet who must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). If the creature fails, it dies and explodes in a burst of acidic gore that deals 5d6 acid damage and 3d6 bludgeoning damage in a 10 foot radius. If the creature succeeds on the save, it takes 5d6 acid damage. Any creature immune to acid is immune to this ability.

Cold: You can choose your Ghost Ray to deal cold damage which slows enemies if they fail a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). Improved Kinesis: You emit an icy aura. Any creature that comes within 5 feet of you takes 2d6 cold damage immediately and at the beginning of each round if it remains within your aura. Superior Kinesis: You can conjure up a storm of ice and snow. You choose a point within 200 feet to create the storm. Any creature within a 30 foot radius spread from the center of the storm is takes 5d6 cold damage automatically every round they remain within the area. Creatures and objects also take 5d6 bludgeoning damage from falling hail, Reflex half (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). Lastly, the swirling vortex of snow reduces movement to 10 feet and reduces visibility to 5 feet. Creatures within the area have total concealment to creatures outside and vice-versa. Creatures within the area also have total concealment between each other when more than five feet apart and have partial concealment when five or less feet apart. The storm lasts for a number of rounds equal to your level, though it can be dismissed at any time. You can only create one storm at a time.

Earth: You can choose your Ghost Ray to deal bludgeoning damage which can daze enemies if they fail a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). Improved Kinesis: You can shape the earth around you allowing you to duplicate the spells Passwall, Move Earth, and Wall of Stone with a caster level equal to your class level. Passwall can only be used in dirt or rock. Superior Kinesis: Your control of the earth has improved, allowing you to duplicate the spell Earthquake with a caster level equal to your class level.

Electricity: You can choose your Ghost Ray to deal electricity damage which stuns enemies if they fail a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). Improved Kinesis: You emit a crackling aura of electricity. Any creature that comes with 5 feet of you takes 2d6 electricity damage immediately and at the beginning of each round if it remains within the aura. Superior Kinesis: You can shock your opponent with high enough dose of electricity that it may cause permanent paralysis. You choose a target within 60 feet. It takes 5d6 electricity damage and must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). If it fails, it takes ability drain that reduces it to 0 dexterity. Any creature that is immune to electricity is immune to this ability.

Fire: You can duplicate the spell Wall of Fire with a caster level equal to your class level. Improved Kinesis: You emit a fiery aura. Any creature that comes within 5 feet of you takes 2d6 fire damage immediately and at the beginning of each round if it remains within your aura. Superior Kinesis: You can heat up your enemies to lethal temperatures. You target one creature within 60 feet who must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). If the creature fails, it dies and disintegrates in a burst of flame that deals 5d6 fire damage within a 5 foot radius, Reflex half. If the creature succeeds on the save, it takes 5d6 fire damage. Any creature immune to fire is immune to this ability.

Water: You can choose your Ghost Ray to deal bludgeoning damage which extinguishes non-magical fire and deals an extra 50% damage to fire subtype creatures. Improved Kinesis: You can exert your influence over water allowing you to duplicate the spells Create Water and Control Water with a caster level equal to your class level. Superior Kinesis: Your control of water improves allowing you to animate it. You can summon an Elder Water Elemental for a number of rounds equal to your level. You can only summon one elemental at a time.

Wind: You can choose your Ghost Ray to deal bludgeoning damage which can knock enemies prone if they fail a Reflex save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). Improved Kinesis: You are surrounded by an aura of swirling wind that deflects all physical projectiles and applies a 20% miss chance to other attacks. Superior Kinesis: You can duplicate the spell Whirlwind with a caster level equal to your class level.

Telekinesis (Su): At eleventh level, a Ghost Boy can exert mental control to move things. This ability functions like the spell Telekinesis with a caster level equal to his class level.

Overshadow (Su): A twelfth level Ghost Boy can possess other creatures. While Intangible, he can enter another creature's body and attempt to take control. The creature makes a Will save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier). If it fails, its mind is subsumed under the influence of the Ghost Boy who can fully control the body of his target including all extraordinary and supernatural abilities but not spell-like or psi-like abilities or any spellcasting or manifesting. Every round, the host creature can attempt a new Will save to regain control. If successful, the Ghost Boy is kicked out to an adjacent square, becomes coporeal, and is stunned for one round. The Ghost Boy can control a creature for a number of rounds up to his Charisma modifier. After using this ability, he cannot use it again for one minute.

Duplication (Su): By level sixteen, a Ghost Boy has reached a great enough level of power that he can split his body and clone himself. This ability works like the Fission power with a manifester level equal to his class level. When used, you and your clones are treated as if they were four levels lower for the purposes of level-dependant Ghost Boy class features, including class feature availablility. At level twenty, he can create additional duplicates. He can make a total number of clones up to his Constitution modifier. This ability is usable once per hour.

Ghostly Wail (Su): The ultimate expression of his power, at level ninteen, a Ghost Boy can create a Ghostly Wail. This ability deals 20d8 sonic damage in a 90 foot cone, and creatures caught in it must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Constitution modifier) or become permanently deafened. This ability is usable once per hour. After using this ability, the Ghost Boy must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 level + Constitution modifier). If he fails, he transforms back into his normal form and becomes exhausted. He then cannot turn back into a ghost for 1d4 minutes.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-16 at 08:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

First, rename it to something more generic and Danny Phantom based. Don't try to act like you didn't base it on that old show... I'd go with Halfa Paragon, making the Halfa part a template with basically only the Going Ghost.

Second, this looks like it works extremely well as something to Rogue multiclass with... If the Ghost Beams could get Sneak Attack dice, like magic beams. And Acid Splash. I think it's actually everything that applies an attack roll.

Third, the capstone is insane. Con modifier copies? Each able to use all the abilities of the character? Remember, Fission only reduces Manifester things by four levels, not anything else. So spamming that level 19 ability is a definite option. Upwards of 100d6 damage, easily.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    First, rename it to something more generic and Danny Phantom based. Don't try to act like you didn't base it on that old show... I'd go with Halfa Paragon, making the Halfa part a template with basically only the Going Ghost.
    "Ghost Boy" is incredibly generic and is Danny Phantom based. And why in the world would I add the unnecessary step of making a template that is only useful if you go into this one class and then have this class require that template? It is pure redundancy.

Second, this looks like it works extremely well as something to Rogue multiclass with... If the Ghost Beams could get Sneak Attack dice, like magic beams. And Acid Splash. I think it's actually everything that applies an attack roll.
    It is explicitly a ranged touch attack, so yes sneak attack applies. And it's really not much better than Warlock already was. You get Invisibility earlier, but that's about it.

Third, the capstone is insane. Con modifier copies? Each able to use all the abilities of the character? Remember, Fission only reduces Manifester things by four levels, not anything else. So spamming that level 19 ability is a definite option. Upwards of 100d6 damage, easily.
    How do you spam an ability that is only usable once per hour? And sure, you can deal a lot of damage, but so can the fighter.

Still, I do see the problem, and I'll fix it so that your effective Ghost Boy level is reduced.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Would/could the Warforged Wardens Spirit Animal Transformation count for wild shape for any purpose such as feats, like qualifying for natural spell or swift wild shape to speed up their change, or for a prestige classes that advances wild shape progression?
    Last edited by nikkoli; 2017-01-17 at 02:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoli View Post
    Would/could the Warforged Wardens Spirit Animal Transformation count for wild shape for any purpose such as feats, like qualifying for natural spell or swift wild shape to speed up their change, or for a prestige classes that advances wild shape progression?
    I dunno. Seems reasonable to me, but it would probably depend on the DM. There are quite a few differences, and wild shape things would likely have to be modified in some way.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the Ghost Boy. It's both innovative and efficient (maybe too efficient).
    Unless I somehow missed it, you didn't specify frequency of use for Superior Kinesis.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the Ghost Boy. It's both innovative and efficient (maybe too efficient).
    Unless I somehow missed it, you didn't specify frequency of use for Superior Kinesis.
    No I didn't, so it defaults to at will.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

No I didn't, so it defaults to at will.
    In one word: Broken!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

In one word: Broken!
    Which is why the Warlock is well known as being the most powerful of all classes.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is why the Warlock is well known as being the most powerful of all classes.
    What does the Warlock have to do with SoD at will ?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

What does the Warlock have to do with SoD at will ?
    Clearly, you're not familiar with the list of Warlock invocations.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Psycho-Bear

The Psycho-Bear
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Psionic)
    Hit Dice: 9d10+45 (94 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 40 ft (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+22
    Attack: Claw +17 melee (1d8+9)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +17 melee (1d8+9) and Bite +14 melee (2d6+4)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Mind Shatter, Telekinesis
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light Vision, Power Resistance 19, Scent, Telepathy 100 ft
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 29, Dex 13, Con 20, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 19
    Skills: Concentration +10, Hide +7, Listen +3, Move Silently +11, Spot +3, Swim +14
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Mindsight*, Run, Track
    Environment: Cold forests or mountains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or cabal (3-5)
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 10-13 HD (Large), 14+ HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: ---

A psycho-bear is a large, hairy beasts similar in appearance to a brown bear. Its fur is a deep, almost black shade of purple, and its eyes are a bright magenta which glow faintly whenever it uses one of its psionic abilities.

Combat
    A psycho-bear typically begins combat with a Mind Shatter and then tears apart its enemies with its claws and teeth.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a psycho-bear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Mind Shatter (Ps): A psycho-bear can launch a mental attack against any non-mindless creatures it can detect within its Telepathy range. Affected creatures make a Will save versus a DC of 18 (Charisma based). If they fail, they are dazed and stunned for 1d4+1 rounds. If they succeed, they are stunned for 1 round. This ability can be used 3/day.

Telekinesis (Ps): A psycho-bear can lift and move objects with its mind. It can lift an object weighing up to 20 time its hit dice pounds and move it at a speed of 30 feet. It can only lift and move objects within the range of its Telepathy. It can maintain control of the object for as long as it concentrates. It can also lift creatures, and they are entitled to a DC18 Fortitude save (Charisma based) to avoid the effect. This ability can be used at will.

Power Resistance (Ex): A psycho-bear has Power Resistance of 10 plus its hit dice.

Telepathy (Su): A psycho-bear can project its thoughts into the minds of those within 100 feet. As a creature with only 2 intelligence, these thoughts are unintelligible nonsense.

Skills: A psycho-bear has a +4 racial bonus on Concentration and Swim checks and a +6 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-20 at 05:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearly, you're not familiar with the list of Warlock invocations.
    Care to share which one?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Care to share which one?
    Painful Slumber of Ages and Word of Changing are both Save or lose. Also, I may be new here, but I'm pretty sure that you can't link to that site due to illegal content.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Painful Slumber of Ages and Word of Changing are both Save or lose. Also, I may be new here, but I'm pretty sure that you can't link to that site due to illegal content.
    With all due respect . . .
    1. SoL is not SoD. The only time there's little difference between the two is when you face a single opponent and have the convenience of disposing of them.
    2. Painful Slumber of Ages ends the moment the target takes damage; Word of Changing allows an additional save (and the target might run away).
    3. Both invocations have no effect on a successful save.
    4. About 50% of the opponents you'll be facing at those levels (undead / constructs / planar / plants) ignore both invocations.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Master Thief

The Master Thief

Prerequisites:
    Skills: Hide +8, Move Silently +8, Open Lock +4, Sleight of Hand +12
    Feats: Darkstalker, Skill Focus (Sleight of Hand)
    Special: Skill Mastery (Sleight of Hand), Sneak Attack +2d6

------------------------------

Hit Die: d6

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +0 +0/+2/+0 Thief's Guile, Sneak Attack +1d6
    2 +1 +0/+3/+0 Sticky Fingers, Night Owl
    3 +2 +1/+3/+1 Sleight of Blade
    4 +3 +1/+4/+1 Hide in Plain Sight, Sneak Attack +2d6
    5 +3 +1/+4/+1 Sleight of Opportunity
    6 +4 +2/+5/+2 Thief's Step
    7 +5 +2/+5/+2 Thief's Talent, Sneak Attack +3d6
    8 +6 +2/+6/+2 Sleight of Clothing
    9 +6 +3/+6/+3 Thief's Cunning
    10 +7 +3/+7/+3 Sleight of Power, Sneak Attack +4d6
    Class Skills (6 + Int)
    Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Peform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Master Thief does not gain any proficiency in weapons or armor.

Thief's Guile (Ex): A Master Thief knows that there is more to thieving than just skill. Strategy, planning, and thinking on your feet are just as important. A Master Thief adds her intelligence modifier on all Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, and Sleight of Hand checks in addition to her Dexterity modifier.

Sticky Fingers (Ex): One is not destined to be a thief for long if one does not know how to steal without getting caught. By second level, a Master Thief has begun extensive training in the art of pickpocketing. She adds her class level on all Sleight of Hand checks to steal something.

Night Owl (Ex): Thieves primarily work at night, so it is within one's best interest to be adept at seeing in such conditions. At level two, a Master Thief gains Low-light Vision. If she already has Low-light Vision, she, instead, gains Improved Low-light Vision. She also gains Darkvision out to 60 feet or improves her existing Darkvision by 30 feet.

Sleight of Blade (Ex): A clever thief can use her skills of deception and dexterity even on the battlefield. At third level, whenever a Master Thief makes a melee attack with a dagger, she can substitute her attack roll for a Sleight of Hand check against the opponent's AC. If successful, she hits the opponent and deals damage as normal. She can still receive critical hits as normal if her d20 roll results in a value within her dagger's threat range. Use the same Sleight of Hand bonus for the confirmation roll. If a Master Thief beats her opponent's AC by five or more using this ability, she can add her sneak attack dice as if the opponent had been denied its Dexterity bonus to AC. If the opponent was already denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, then she adds her sneak attack dice as normal on a hit regardless of the result.

Hide in Plain Sight (Su): As the Shadowdancer ability.

Sleight of Opportunity (Ex): A true thief takes every opportunity available to steal. Whenever an opponenet provokes an attack of opportunity from a fifth level Master Thief, she can choose to, instead of attacking, make a Sleight of Hand check to lift something off the opponent.

Thief's Step (Su): Sometimes even the best of thieves run out of luck and get cornered with no way out. A sixth level Master Thief, however, always has an escape plan. As part of her normal movement, she can teleport once as per the spell Dimension Door with a caster level equal to her class level. She can use this ability once per 1d4 rounds.

Thief's Talent (Ex): The war between locks and lockpickers is an ancient one, with each side one-upping the other. The Master Thief has definitively ended this conflict with her unmatched skill. When a Master Thief who has reached level seven either rolls a natural twenty or takes twenty on an Open Lock check, she automatically succeeds regardless of the DC of the lock, even if the lock can't actually be picked.

Sleight of Clothing (Su): By level eight, a Master Thief's skill in pickpocketing has reached truly astounding levels, and she can steal thing that would otherwise be impossible. She can use Sleight of Hand to steal any object within a target's inventory, even if it is currently being worn or is within extradimensional space. Such an act of incredible skill is not easy, however, and has a DC of 30 rather than the normal 20.

Thief's Cunning (Su): Some individuals decide to lock their treasures behind supposedly impenetrable defenses, but nothing is beyond the abilities of a Master Thief. At level nine, she becomes ethereal until the end of her next turn whenever she moves ten or more feet in a single round. While ethereal, she can continue to pick up and manipulate unattended objects if she wishes.

Sleight of Power (Su): At level ten, a Master Thief has truly earned her title as there is no longer any limit to what can be stolen. She can use Sleight of Hand to steal one special ability from a target. If successful, she temporarily gains access to this ability for 2d4 rounds while the target loses access to it for the same amount of time. This is, of course, remarkably difficult and carries a DC of 25 plus the target's hit dice total. A Master Thief can only have one stolen special ability at a time.

The stolen ability uses the Master Thief's hit dice and ability scores rather than the creature's for all purposes. If it is an ability dependant on one's level in a certain class, treat her level as her Master Thief level plus any levels in classes that provide sneak attack.

If the stolen ability is usable at will but has a waiting period between uses, such as a dragon's breath weapon, the Master Thief receives the ability ready to use. When the ability is returned to the creature, it also receives the ability ready to use. If the ability has a certain number of daily uses, like most spell-like abilities, the number of uses does not reset when the ability is stolen or returned. For instance, if a creature can use an ability 3/day and has already used it once, the Master Thief receives it with two available uses. If she then uses it twice, the creature gets it back with zero uses.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-20 at 03:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Bumblebear

The Bumblebear
    Size/Type: Medium Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 4d10+8 (30 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), Fly 80 ft (average)
    Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+8
    Attack: Stinger +8 melee (1d8+4 plus poison)
    Full Attack: Stinger +8 melee (1d8+4 plus poison), 2 Claws +3 melee (1d6+2), and Bite +3 melee (1d10+2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 19, Dex 14, Con 15, Int --, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Skills: Spot +5, Survival +1*, Swim +8
    Feats: ---
    Environment: Temperate forests or meadows
    Organization: Solitary, buzz (2-5), or hive (11-20)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 5-10 HD (Medium), 11+ HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: ---

A bumblebear possesses the head, arms, and torso of a bear and the wings, legs, and abdomen of a giant bee.

Combat
    A bumblebear is highly aggressive and attacks anything it sees. However, bumblebears will not attack creatures larger than themselves unless they outnumber it by at least two to one.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 14, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: A bumblebear has a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Swim checks and a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks to orient themselves.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-20 at 05:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Is the Bumblebear mindless with. It's int of -- ?
    Also it references the psycho bear in the skills.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoli View Post
    Is the Bumblebear mindless with. It's int of -- ?
    Also it references the psycho bear in the skills.
    Are there any non-mindless creatures with no intelligence?