New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner

I was double checking since mindless creatures, as far as I remember, mindless listed under the special qualities.
    Last edited by nikkoli; 2017-01-19 at 02:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoli View Post
    I was double checking since mindless creatures, as far as I remember, mindless listed under the special qualities.
    Not that I've seen.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2019-08-08 at 03:25 PM.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Master Thief

I really like Master Thief.

My only issue is that I'm concerned about the capstone due to the lack of clear definition of what an ability is. Maybe something akin to the Ur-Priest or the factotum ability to duplicate class features?
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I figured my confusion about that out. Most pathfinder monsters that are mindless have "mind affecting immunity" listed for clarity.
    I agree with JoshuaZ about the capstone for the Master Theif, it is kinda vague, I think it would also be worth noting that if you nab something with a DC the DC should be calculated with your stats rather than what the monster had.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    I really like Master Thief.

My only issue is that I'm concerned about the capstone due to the lack of clear definition of what an ability is. Maybe something akin to the Ur-Priest or the factotum ability to duplicate class features?
    Only for those who don't know the rules.
    And I specifically went with special ability rather than class feature because if you could steal a class feature, then you can steal spellcasting.

@nikkoli: Yeah, that is implied. I just forgot to mention it. Honestly, I don't know why you'd even continue using the monster's DC. That is completely illogical. Still, I'll clarify it.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    And I specifically went with special ability rather than class feature because if you could steal a class feature, then you can steal spellcasting.

@nikkoli: Yeah, that is implied. I just forgot to mention it. Honestly, I don't know why you'd even continue using the monster's DC. That is completely illogical. Still, I'll clarify it.
    So it can still steal class features, but only specific ones with marking as Special Abilities. Which, to be honest, is most of them.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

If you mean "special ability" then I would suggest saying so, since "ability" is vague whereas "special ability" is clear in the rules context.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

If you mean "special ability" then I would suggest saying so, since "ability" is vague whereas "special ability" is clear in the rules context.
    I did specify special ability. :|

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

New spin: what if you steal a dragons breath weapon while it is on cool down, would their coliform cool down time continue to tick while it is suppressed? And when you grab the ability would it be on cool down since what you grabbed wasn't ready to use?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

New spin: what if you steal a dragons breath weapon while it is on cool down, would their coliform cool down time continue to tick while it is suppressed? And when you grab the ability would it be on cool down since what you grabbed wasn't ready to use?
    Good thinking. I didn't consider that. Also, daily uses, etc. I'm thinking that if it has a recharge time, you get it fully recharged, and when it goes back to the creature, they also get it fully recharged. However, something with daily uses doesn't get refilled. For instance, if it can be used 3/day and the creature has used it once, you get it with two uses left. Then if you expend both remaining uses, the creature gets it back empty.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Centaurpede

The Centaurpede
    Size/Type: Large Monstrous Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 3d8+4 (17 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 40 ft (8 squares), Climb 40 ft
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
    Attack: Halberd +5 melee (2d8+4/×3) or Pincer +5 melee (1d8+4 plus poison) or Composite Longbow (+3 str bonus) +7 ranged (2d6+3/×3)
    Full Attack: Halberd +5 melee (2d8+4/×3) and Pincer +0 melee (1d8+4 plus poison); or Composite Longbow (+3 str bonus) +7 ranged (2d6+3/×3)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 17, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 7
    Skills: Climb +12, Craft (Trapmaking): +2, Hide: +12, Listen: +3 Move Silently +8, Spot: +7, Survival: +3
    Feats: Dodge, Stealthy*, Weapon Focus (Composite Longbow)
    Environment: Underground
    Organization: Solitary or colony (5-20)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually chaotic neutral
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +1

A centaurpede possesses the upper body of a humanoid and the lower body of a monstrous centipede. They have pincers on their back end from which they deliver their poison.

Centaurpedes speak Undercommon.

Combat
    A centaurpede typically lies in wait and ambushes its foes, often employing traps as well.

A centaurpede employing a lance deals double damage on a charge just as a rider on a mount does.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 12, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Dex. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: Centaurpedes have a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Climb and Hide checks. They can use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher. Centaurpedes can take 10 on Climb checks, even if threatened or distracted.

Centaurpedes as Characters
    +6 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma.
    Monstrous Humanoid
    Large Quadruped: -1 penalty to Armor Class; -1 penalty on attack rolls; -4 penalty on Hide checks; +4 bonus on grapple checks; +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed, overran, or tripped; lifting and carrying limits three times those of Medium bipedal characters.
    Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
    A centaurpede’s base land speed is 40 feet. It has a climb speed of 40 feet.
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Racial Hit Dice: A centaurpede begins with three levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +3, and Will +3.
    Racial Skills: A centaurpede’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Craft (Trapmaking), Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
    Racial Feats: A centaurpede’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats. It gains Stealthy as a bonus feat.
    +3 natural armor bonus.
    Natural Weapon: Pincer (1d8 plus poison)
    Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC10 + 1/2 HD + Constitution modifier, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Dex.
    Weapon Proficiency: A centaurpede is automatically proficient with all simple weapons, the halberd, and the longbow (including the composite longbow).
    +4 racial bonus on Spot checks.
    +8 racial bonus on Climb and Hide checks. A centaurpede can use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher. A centaurpede can take 10 on Climb checks, even if threatened or distracted.
    Automatic Languages: Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Terran.
    Favored Class: Ranger.
    Level adjustment +1
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-21 at 08:35 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pyrobear

The Pyrobear
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Fire)
    Hit Dice: 12d10+60 (126 hp)
    Initiative: +6
    Speed: 40 ft (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 20 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +9 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+27
    Attack: Claw +23 melee (1d8+11 plus 2d6 fire)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +23 melee (1d8+11 plus 2d6 fire) and Bite +17 melee (2d6+5 plus 2d6 fire)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Flaming Body, Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light Vision, Immunity to Fire, Scent, Vulnerability to Cold
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 33, Dex 15, Con 20, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 9
    Skills: Listen +8, Spot +9
    Feats: Endurance, Improved Initiative, Run, Track, Weapon Focus (Claw)
    Environment: Warm forests or plains
    Organization: Solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 13-15 HD (Large), 16+ HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: ---

A pyrobear is a creature that looks much like a hairless bear that is enveloped in roaring flames.

Combat
    A pyrobear is an astonishingly peaceful creature that seldom attacks unless provoked. However, when it does become angry enough, it furiously tears apart its aggressors with its claws and teeth.

Flaming Body (Su): A pyrobear is continuously alight with magical fire. Its natural weapons deal an extra 2d6 fire damage, and any creature that attacks it with natural weapons or unarmed attacks takes that fire damage, as well. It also sheds light in a 60 foot radius with shadowy illumination out to 120 feet.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a pyrobear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. Every round that the pyrobear successfully grapples an opponent, it deals 2d6 fire damage from its Flaming Body.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-20 at 06:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Octobear

The Octobear
    Size/Type: Huge Magical Beast (Aquatic)
    Hit Dice: 10d10+50 (105 hp)
    Initiative: +9
    Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), Swim 40 ft
    Armor Class: 19 (-2 size, +3 Dex, +8 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+34
    Attack: Claw +20 melee (1d10+12)
    Full Attack: 8 Claws +20 melee (1d10+12) and Bite +15 melee (2d8+6)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft/15 ft (30 ft with claw)
    Special Attacks: Constrict, Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Amphibious, Darkvision 60 ft, Ink Cloud, Jet, Low-light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 35, Dex 17, Con 20, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
    Skills: Escape Artist +13, Hide: +9 Listen +2, Spot +3, Swim +20
    Feats: Endurance, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Run
    Environment: Aquatic
    Organization: Solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating: 12
    Advancement: 11-14 HD (Huge), 15+ HD (Gargantuan)

An octobear has the body of an octopus with the head of a bear and has eight tentacles each ending in sharp claws. It is covered in water resistant fur.

Combat
    An octobear is a vicious predator that attacks and eats anything smaller than itself.

An opponent can attack an octobear’s tentacles with a sunder attempt as if they were weapons. An octobear’s tentacles have 15 hit points each. If an octobear is currently grappling a target with the tentacle that is being attacked, it usually uses another limb to make its attack of opportunity against the opponent making the sunder attempt. Severing one of an octobear’s tentacles deals 5 points of damage to the creature. An octobear usually withdraws from combat if it loses six tentacles. The creature regrows severed limbs in 1d10+10 days.

Constrict (Ex): An octobear deals 2d8+12 points of damage with a successful grapple check.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a pyrobear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Amphibious (Ex): Although octobears are aquatic, they can survive indefinitely on land.

Ink Cloud (Ex): An octobear can emit a cloud of jet-black ink 20 feet high by 20 feet wide by 20 feet long once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the octobear normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured.

Jet (Ex): An octobear can jet backward once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 200 feet. It must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while jetting.

Skills: An octobear can change colors, giving it a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks. An octobear also can squeeze and contort its body giving it a +10 racial bonus on Escape Artist checks. An octobear has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-21 at 06:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Timeraptor

The Timeraptor
    Size/Type: Medium Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 8d10+32 (76 hp)
    Initiative: +7
    Speed: 60 ft (12 squares)
    Armor Class: 19 (+3 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+13
    Attack: Talon +13 melee (1d8+5)
    Full Attack: 2 Talons +13 melee (1d8+5), 2 Foreclaws +11 melee (1d4+2), and Bite +11 melee (2d4+2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Pounce, Rake 1d8+2, Time Hop
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +9, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 21, Dex 17, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Skills: Hide +15, Jump +13, Listen +10, Move Silently +7, Spot +11, Survival +9
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Multiattack*, Run, Spring Attack*, Track
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, hunting party (4-8), or pack (12-16)
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Advancement: 9-12 HD (Medium), 13+ HD (Large)

A timeraptor looks identical to a regular deinonychus.

Combat
    A timeraptor tends to use hit and run tactics with its Time Hop and Pounce abilities.

Pounce (Ex): If a timeraptor charges, it can make a full attack including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +13 melee, damage 1d8+2.

Time Hop(Su): A timeraptor possesses the unique ability to travel through time. As a swift action, it can travel to any point in time within the last hour, remaining in the same location. It cannot go forward in time beyond the point of its original departure. If a timeraptor is in the past, it can make a special Time Pounce. It returns to the present, charges, full attacks, then immediately jumps back in time.

Skills: A timeraptor has a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Jump, Listen, Spot, and Survival checks

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Timeraptor

Octobear looks pretty fun. The Timeraptor may have slight issues: in general, any sort of backwards timetravel is an incredible headache for DMs. Presumably since it is a monster, that shouldn't be an issue: a DM can just choose not to introduce it, but be aware that the past-travel aspect will likely make people less likely to use it.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Octobear looks pretty fun. The Timeraptor may have slight issues: in general, any sort of backwards timetravel is an incredible headache for DMs. Presumably since it is a monster, that shouldn't be an issue: a DM can just choose not to introduce it, but be aware that the past-travel aspect will likely make people less likely to use it.
    Considering I am of the opinion that all of this has a precisely 0% chance of being used in any game ever, that's not a detriment.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering I am of the opinion that all of this has a precisely 0% chance of being used in any game ever, that's not a detriment.
    Update estimate maybe, since if it is ok with you, I'm totally going to use the Master Thief, Spell Void, and the Shadowknife in my next campaign, and I have an NPC where Master Thief would work really well for them.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Update estimate maybe, since if it is ok with you, I'm totally going to use the Master Thief, Spell Void, and the Shadowknife in my next campaign, and I have an NPC where Master Thief would work really well for them.
    Cool. Sure, you can totally use them.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Time raptor is great. They are a bit tricky to fight, but the biggest weird thing for them is how do they know if something is in their charge range with timehop?
    Also I hope you want all this stuff to get used, I've built a warforged warden via tiger path, and it's come out pretty cool.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Time raptor is great. They are a bit tricky to fight, but the biggest weird thing for them is how do they know if something is in their charge range with timehop?
    Also I hope you want all this stuff to get used, I've built a warforged warden via tiger path, and it's come out pretty cool.
    Well, with a speed of 60 feet, most things are likely within their range. Melee battles tend to happen in a relatively limited area.

Sweet. I hope you like it. :)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

whats next psionic monkey clown as monster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Well, with a speed of 60 feet, most things are likely within their range. Melee battles tend to happen in a relatively limited area.

Sweet. I hope you like it. :)
    I should clarify, I meant how does that raptor know when something moves into range once it's in the past, and what if the raptor hops to the past and encounters something like adventurers before it could go back to its point in the future? Or does it go more like this: raptor is roaming in current time, hops back an hour, then runs to your spot and hops back into current time?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

I should clarify, I meant how does that raptor know when something moves into range once it's in the past, and what if the raptor hops to the past and encounters something like adventurers before it could go back to its point in the future? Or does it go more like this: raptor is roaming in current time, hops back an hour, then runs to your spot and hops back into current time?
    The Time Hop is an evasive maneuver. It exists in the present. When it encounters something to attack, it charges and Pounces as normal. If that doesn't kill its prey, it hops back in time to avoid counterattack. Then it jumps back and forth to attack and then hide within time. It assumes that its prey either won't move or will only move slightly before it returns.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Silverback Jester

The Silverback Jester
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Psionic)
    Hit Dice: 3d10+6 (25 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), Climb 30 ft
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
    Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d6+5)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+5) and Bite +2 melee (1d6+2)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft
    Special Attacks: Manifesting
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 21, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 19
    Skills: Climb +15, Concentration +7, Listen +5, Perform (Comedy) +14 Psicraft +6, Spot +7
    Feats: Alertness, Toughness
    Environment: Warm forests
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or company (3-5)
    Alignment: Always chaotic evil
    Level Adjustment: +2

A silverback jester looks like a gorilla with brown, black, or grey fur. Its face is always white, however, and the area around its mouth tends to be red with blood stains.

Silverback jesters speak Common.

Combat
    A silverback jester is a cruel and malicious opponent, preferring to mentally break its opponents' minds with psionic attacks. If forced into melee, however, it is just as powerful as any ape.

Manifesting: A silverback jester manifests as a third level Psion (Telepath).

Skills: Silverback jesters have a +4 racial bonus on Perform (Comedy) checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. They can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened

Silverback Jesters as Characters
    +10 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, + 4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +8 Charisma.
    Monstrous Humanoid
    Large: -1 penalty to Armor Class; -1 penalty on attack rolls; -4 penalty on Hide checks; +4 bonus on grapple checks; lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
    Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
    A silverback jester’s base land speed is 30 feet. It has a climb speed of 30 feet.
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Low-light Vision
    Scent
    Racial Hit Dice: A silverback jester begins with three levels of magical beast, which provide 3d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +1.
    Racial Skills: A silverback jester’s magical beast levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Concentration, Listen, Perform (Comedy), Psicraft, and Spot.
    Racial Feats: A silverback jester’s magical beast levels give it two feats.
    +3 natural armor bonus.
    Natural Weapons: 2 Claws (1d6) and Bite (1d6)
    +4 racial bonus on Perform (Comedy) checks.
    +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. A silverback jester can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan.
    Favored Class: Psion (Telepath).
    Level adjustment +2
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-21 at 08:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Silverback Jester

The Silverback Jester
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Psionic)
    Hit Dice: 3d10+6 (25 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), Climb 30 ft
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
    Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d6+5)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+5) and Bite +2 melee (1d6+2)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft
    Special Attacks: Manifesting
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 21, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 19
    Skills: Climb +15, Concentration +7, Listen +6, Perform (Comedy) +14, Spot +10
    Feats: Alertness, Toughness
    Environment: Warm forests
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or company (3-5)
    Alignment: Always chaotic evil
    Level Adjustment: +2

A silverback jester looks like a gorilla with brown, black, or grey fur. Its face is always white, however, and the area around its mouth tends to be red with blood stains.

Combat
    A silverback jester is a cruel and malicious opponent, preferring to mentally break it's opponents' minds with psionic attacks. If forced into melee, however, it is just as powerful as any ape.

Skills: Silverback jesters have a +4 racial bonus on Perform (Comedy) checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. They can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened
    I hate my self for giving you this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

I have reorganized the OP to be much clearer and easier to read. It also now has some basic information about the various homebrews.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Badass

The Badass

Prerequisites:
    Character Level: 5
    Special: Must have spent a minimum of three combat encounters contributing virtually nothing to the battle despite your best efforts and must have been routinely mocked for it by your companions.

------------------------------

Hit Die: d12

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +2 +4/+4/+4 Badass
    Class Skills (10 + Int)
    All

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All weapons, armor, and shields.

Badass: A Badass gains the Badass subtype which provides the following traits:
    • All your ability scores increase to 14. If any were already 14 or higher, they increase by 2 points.
    • One chosen ability score increases by a further 4 points.
    • All of your current and future hit dice increase by one step (to a maximum of d12).
    • All scaling class features, such as sneak attack, spellcasting, or eldritch blast, are treated as if you were two levels higher in that class.
    • Once per encounter, you can treat a roll of a natural one as if it were a natural twenty.
    • You no longer auto fail saving throws on a natural one.
    • You gain Evasion, Mettle, and Uncanny Dodge. If you already had any of them, you gain the Improved version, instead.
    • You can always take 10 on all skill checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    • You gain one bonus feat for which you qualify. It can be a feat that can normally only be taken at first level.
    • You gain one spell-like or psi-like ability of 2nd level or lower from any list that is usable at will. If you choose a psi-like ability, you acquire the Psionic subtype if you do not already have it.
    • You gain a pair of sunglasses that grant a +4 competence bonus on all Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks. They provide permanent True Seeing. They also eliminate light sensitivity and light blindness. If your sunglasses are ever stolen, broken, or otherwise lost, you can pull a new pair out of your pocket.
    • You gain a leather coat. It is light armor that provides an AC bonus of 10 with no max dexterity bonus, no armor check penalty, and no arcane spell failure. It provides immunity to fire and death effects. It is indestructible and can be worn by monks and other such unarmored classes without interfering with their class features.

Multiclassing
    Any class that imposes multiclassing restrictions can take a level in Badass and can still continue in their original class.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Badass

The Badass

Prerequisites:
    Character Level: 5
    Special: Must have spent a minimum of three combat encounters contributing virtually nothing to the battle despite your best efforts and must have been routinely mocked for it by your companions.

------------------------------

Hit Die: d12

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +2 +4/+4/+4 Badass
    Class Skills (10 + Int)
    All

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All weapons, armor, and shields.

Badass: A Badass gains the Badass subtype which provides the following traits:
    • All your ability scores increase to 14. If any were already 14 or higher, they increase by 2 points.
    • One chosen ability score increases by a further 4 points.
    • All of your current and future hit dice increase by one step (to a maximum of d12).
    • All scaling class features, such as sneak attack, spellcasting, or eldritch blast, are treated as if you were two levels higher in that class.
    • Once per encounter, you can treat a roll of a natural one as if it were a natural twenty.
    • You no longer auto fail saving throws on a natural one.
    • You gain Evasion, Mettle, and Uncanny Dodge. If you already had any of them, you gain the Improved version, instead.
    • You can always take 10 on all skill checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    • You gain one bonus feat for which you qualify. It can be a feat that can normally only be taken at first level.
    • You gain one spell-like or psi-like ability of 2nd level or lower from any list that is usable at will. If you choose a psi-like ability, you acquire the Psionic subtype if you do not already have it.
    • You gain a pair of sunglasses that grant a +4 competence bonus on all Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks. They provide permanent True Seeing. They also eliminate light sensitivity and light blindness. If your sunglasses are ever stolen, broken, or otherwise lost, you can pull a new pair out of your pocket.
    • You gain a leather coat. It is light armor that provides an AC bonus of 10 with no max dexterity bonus, no armor check penalty, and no arcane spell failure. It provides immunity to fire and death effects. It is indestructible and can be worn by monks and other such unarmored classes without interfering with their class features.

Multiclassing
    Any class that imposes multiclassing restrictions can take a level in Badass and can still continue in their original class.

associations

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Ghost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia
    Ghost Ray (Su): A Ghost Boy's basic ranged attack is shooting a blast of ectoplasmic energy. This is a ranged touch attacks that deals 1d6 untyped damage to a single target with a range increment of 30 feet. At every odd level, the damage dealt is increased by 1d6.

At level seven, the Ghost Ray burns with an incredible heat. When using this ability, he can choose for it to deal fire damage. In addition, the Searing Ray can cause targets or flammable objects to catch fire if they fail a Reflex save versus a DC of 10 + 1/2 his level + his Charisma modifier.

At level fifteen, the Ghost Ray can explode on contact, dealing its damage to all other creatures within a 20 foot radius burst of the target with a Reflex save for half. The Ghost Boy can choose to either use a normal Ghost Ray, a Searing Ray, an Explosive Ray, or an Explosive Searing Ray.
    The problem is that this won't affect creatures that aren't ethereal -- See Ghost Template. Is the ray ghost touched or not? Should the type of damage be force damage rather than untyped?

From Ghost Template: "Speed: Ghosts have a fly speed of 30 feet, unless the base creature has a higher fly speed, with perfect maneuverability."

The flight ability at 2nd level needs to be fixed since it seems to conflict with the Template. Can he choose between flying 30 feet with perfect maneuverability and flying 60 feet with good maneuverability? I'd just say he can fly at 60 feet at 2nd level and leave the perfect maneuverability and just increase the speed at the levels already mentioned.

Intangibility (Su): A fifth level Ghost Boy can finally become intangible like a real ghost. As a swift action, he and all his gear can become incorporeal and receive all associated traits for a number of rounds equal to his level. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier. At level fourteen, this ability can be used at will.
    Since he can become a ghost at will, he already becomes incorporeal as per the ghost template. This seems redundant.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2017-01-24 at 01:02 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

You seem to be under the false impression that the Ghost Boy acquires the Ghost template. It is somewhat understandable, but nowhere is that stated or even implied.