New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    You seem to be under the false impression that the Ghost Boy acquires the Ghost template. It is somewhat understandable, but nowhere is that stated or even implied.
    It is his first level ability.

Going Ghost (Su): Through some bizarre accident or circumstance of birth, a Ghost Boy possesses the strange ability to become a ghost at will. As a standard action, he can transform into a ghost. Upon transforming, his type changes to Undead, and he keeps all subtypes. He acquires all associated undead traits except that he does not lose his Constitution score and is subject to effects that require Fortitude saves. He has Turn Resistance equal to his Charisma modifier plus 1/2 his level. With the exceptions of Ghost Sense, Uncanny Dodge, and Evasion, none of his class features can be used outside of his ghost form. Even his normal form, a Ghost Boy is vulnerable to anything that specifically affects undead except for Turning/Rebuking. However, he receives a +4 bonus on any such effect that offers a save.
    Becoming a ghost generally means acquiring the ghost template since that is HOW one becomes a ghost.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ghost" is being used in a colloquial way so that I don't have to call it "ghost-like undead form that is not a ghost." If you acquired the Ghost template, then I'd declare that you acquired the Ghost template. Instead, I immediately start describing the things you do get, which, you'll note, are quite redundant with the Ghost template. This implies further that you do not get the Ghost template because if you did, why would I specify all this other stuff?
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I'm using your words. If that isn't what you meant, then don't call it a ghost. Ghosts in 3.5 mean ghost template.Saying it becomes ghost-like is perfectly fine and clearer.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2017-01-24 at 01:52 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I'm using your words. If that isn't what you meant, then don't call it a ghost. Ghosts in 3.5 mean ghost template.Saying it becomes ghost-like is perfectly fine and clearer.
    Alternatively, instead of looking at a perceived contradiction and immediately assuming the most problematic solution, you could assume the answer that makes the most sense and eliminates the issue.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Alternatively, instead of looking at a perceived contradiction and immediately assuming the most problematic solution, you could assume the answer that makes the most sense and eliminates the issue.
    Actually the ghost-like solution is more work for you because now it needs further clarification as to exactly what that means. Ghost is well defined but ghost-like is not. Gaining all the Undead Traits suggests to me that you didn't look at them. Now that we have an Undead with a Con score, some of those traits don't make sense.

Going Ghost (Su): Through some bizarre accident or circumstance of birth, a ghost boy possesses the strange ability to become a ghost-like at will. As a standard action, he can transform into a ghost-like creature. Upon transforming, his type changes to Undead, and he keeps all subtypes. He acquires all associated Undead traits except that he does not lose his Constitution score and is subject to effects that require Fortitude saves.* He has Turn Resistance equal to his Charisma modifier plus 1/2 his level. With the exceptions of Ghost Sense, Uncanny Dodge, and Evasion, none of his class features can be used outside of his ghost form. Even his normal form, a Ghost Boy is vulnerable to anything that specifically affects Undead except for Turning/Rebuking. However, he receives a +4 bonus on any such effect that offers a save.

* The problem is with that highlighted sentence. You should go through the Undead Traits because now we have conflicts. He is Undead with Con. Does he get destroyed at 0 hit points? Does he no longer breathe or eat or sleep? Having a Con score kinda negates that. He cannot be raised or reincarnated either. Some Undead traits are good to keep and others are not. The armor bit should be struck since the ghost boys have that as Class Feature now. I'd recommend going through the list below and making the adjustments there.

Undead Traits
    An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

• No Constitution score.
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    • Cannot heal damage on its own if it has no Intelligence score, although it can be healed. Negative energy (such as an inflict spell) can heal undead creatures. The fast healing special quality works regardless of the creature’s Intelligence score.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    • Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    • Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    • Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    • Proficient with its natural weapons, all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
    • Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Undead not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Undead are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
    • Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep. *He has a Con score. Keeping this doesn't make sense.

Ohh Bumblebear. I wrote one of those years ago! I totally forgot about it! I'm going to post it in Bhu's Bee thread. You could post or link yours there too. I bet he'd get a kick out of it.
    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2017-01-24 at 07:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Telepathic Cube

The Telepathic Cube

+16 Constitution, -6 Dexterity, -4 Charisma.
    Ooze (Psionic)
    Large Quadruped: -1 penalty to Armor Class; -1 penalty on attack rolls; -4 penalty on Hide checks; +4 bonus on grapple checks; +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed, overran, or tripped; lifting and carrying limits three times those of Medium bipedal characters.
    Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
    A telepathic cube’s base land speed is 20 feet
    Blindsight out to 60 feet.
    Telepathy out to 240 feet.
    Natural Weapon: Slam (1d6 plus 1d6 acid)
    Naturally Psionic: Telepathic cubes gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
    Acid (Ex): A telepathic cube’s acid does not harm metal or stone.
    Engulf (Ex): Although it moves slowly, a telepathic cube can simply mow down Large or smaller creatures as a standard action. It cannot make a slam attack during a round in which it engulfs. The gelatinous cube merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Opponents can make opportunity attacks against the cube, but if they do so they are not entitled to a saving throw. Those who do not attempt attacks of opportunity must succeed on a Reflex save (DC11 + 1/2 HD + Strength modifier) or be engulfed; on a success, they are pushed back or aside (opponent’s choice) as the cube moves forward. Engulfed creatures are subject to the cube’s paralysis and acid, and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body.
    Paralysis (Ex): A telepathic cube secretes an anesthetizing slime. A target hit by a cube’s melee or engulf attack must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC10 +1/2 HD + Constitution modifier) or be paralyzed for 3d6 rounds. The cube can automatically engulf a paralyzed opponent.
    Transparent (Ex): Telepathic cubes are hard to see, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a DC 15 Spot check to notice one. Creatures who fail to notice a cube and walk into it are automatically Engulfed.
    Favored Class: Psion
    Level Adjustment: +1

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ultimate Warrior

The Ultimate Warrior

Prerequisites:
    Base Attack Bonus: +7
    Feats: Improved Grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike
    Special: Must survive at least one year in the Terrain of Testament

-----------------------------

Hit Die: d10

Level

BAB

Saves

Special
    Spells per Day
    0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
    1 +1 +2/+2/+2 Monk Abilities, Discipline: Physical
    2 +2 +3/+3/+3 Discipline: Belief 2/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
    3 +3 +3/+3/+3 Discipline: Moment of Mastery 2/1/-/-/-/-/-/-
    4 +4 +4/+4/+4 Discipline: Attitude 3/1/1/-/-/-/-/-
    5 +5 +4/+4/+4 Discipline: Commitment 3/2/1/1/-/-/-/-
    6 +6 +5/+5/+5 Discipline: Association 4/2/2/1/1/-/-/-
    7 +7 +5/+5/+5 Discipline: Integrity 4/3/2/2/1/1/-/-
    8 +8 +6/+6/+6 Discipline: Wisdom 4/3/3/2/2/1/1/-
    9 +9 +6/+6/+6 Destrucity 4/4/3/3/2/2/1/1
    Class Skills (4 + Int)
    Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Ultimate Warrior does not gain any proficiency in weapons or armor.

Monk Abilities: An Ultimate Warrior's levels stack with his Monk levels for determining unarmed damage, armor bonus, and flurry of blows. If the Ultimate Warrior does not have any levels in Monk, he gains those abilities as a Monk of his Ultimate Warrior level.

Discipline: Physical (Ex): An Ultimate Warrior lives his life in the Way of a Warrior according to a Warrior's 8 Disciplines. The first of these disciplines that he masters is that of the physical. At level one, he increases his Strength score by 4 points.

Discipline: Belief: The second of the disciplines to learn is that of belief. At level two, the Ultimate Warrior gains the ability to cast divine spells off of the Cleric spell list. His caster level is equal to his base attack bonus. The key ability for his spellcasting is Wisdom.

Discipline: Moment of Mastery (Su): The next discipline an Ultimate Warrior learns is that of the moment of mastery. At level three, he can, before rolling an attack roll, a saving throw, or a skill check, choose to take 20 on the roll. He can do this once per day for every three Ultimate Warrior levels he has.

Discipline: Attitude (Ex): At level four, an Ultimate Warrior masters the discipline of attitude. He gains a bonus on all Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks equal to his Ultimate Warrior level.

Discipline: Commitment (Ex): The fifth discipline of an Ultimate Warrior is commitment. At level five, he becomes immune to all compulsion effects.

Discipline: Association (Ex): The sixth of the disciplines is association. At level six, an Ultimate Warrior bestows a morale bonus on attack rolls and AC equal to his Charisma modifier to all allies within 20 feet. In addition, when flanking with an ally, both he and the ally receive double the normal flanking bonus.

Discipline: Integrity (Su): The penultimate discipline of an Ultimate Warrior is integrity. At level seven, an Ultimate Warrior is constantly surrounded by a Magic Circle against Evil. It has a caster level equal to his total hit dice. If it is subject to a dispell effect, it is suppressed for 1d4 rounds.

Discipline: Wisdom (Ex): The final discipline that an Ultimate Warrior learns is wisdom. At level eight, his Wisdom score increases by 4.

Destrucity (Sp): After mastering all of a Warrior's 8 Disciplines, an Ultimate Warrior creates a truce between his Destiny and his Reality. He promises to stay true to what he is destined to be, yet accepts what is the now... his reality. At level nine, he gains the ability to Commune once per week.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-01-31 at 02:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

<Ultimate Warrior>
    . . .
    What about Ki Strike advancement?
    You focus the Ultimate Warrior on unarmed strike, but reduce its combat effectiveness vs. many opponents it will encounter at high levels.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    What about Ki Strike advancement?
    You focus the Ultimate Warrior on unarmed strike, but reduce its combat effectiveness vs. many opponents it will encounter at high levels.
    There has to be a give and take. If the Ultimate Warrior advanced all Monk abilities while also giving new things, then there'd be absolutely no point to staying a Monk. The Cleric spells can more than make up for the lack of Ki Strike. Besides, the only thing the default Monk loses, anyways, is Adamantine Stike, which isn't that big a deal.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question for everyone reading this thread. Which of my classes do you like the most? Why? What did I do well? Also, which of them do you like least? Why? What could I have done better?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

I have a question for everyone reading this thread. Which of my classes do you like the most? Why? What did I do well? Also, which of them do you like least? Why? What could I have done better?
    Well its your own funreal the class i want to see in dnd is belly dancer other wise your works are good and humorous
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Top 3: Spellvoid, Master Thief, and Shadowknife. All reasonably balanced and have good crunch support for their fluff in mechanically reasonably balanced but original ways. Favorite is probably the Spellvoid since it does a better job than many anti-magic PrCs I've seen at actually having features which would give a mage a tough time.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd call the Spellvoid my favorite. It's a great class to combo with a party including several different kinds of character and is great for multiple play styles. You can use it for a caster hunter, you can have it be part of a tank by using it's rather impressive SR and abilities to make Crusader even tankier by way of high resistance to magic while having sufficient self-healing... yea, good variety of playstyles available.

As for other classes helping, a Warlock's Invocation spell-likes might be able to feed the Spellvoid for buffs and temp HP, Artificers can make and upgrade a use-activated item of [insert useful spell here] kept at highest Hightened and CL the Artificer can do for the same job, Mass spell spamming casters can divert a targeting of the spell to the Spellvoid(provided the SR only cancels the part that hits the Spellvoid) and so on. The SR being suppressable also lets casters buff them normally.

In terms of multiclassing, Warlock/Spellvoid seems particularly cheesy, as you can supply your own spells to eat without limit. Artificer/Spellvoid locks you out of Forsaker if you want to stay effective, but you get to make much more efficient means of providing spells to eat by way of use-activated items of [insert useful spell] that you can metamagic stack/Highten to your limit.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-01-30 at 11:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Well its your own funreal the class i want to see in dnd is belly dancer other wise your works are good and humorous
    Celestia didn't ask for requests but for information about which were done best. Note also that a dancer PrC already exists for 3.5 that could be easily refluffed. The Cloaked Dancer is from Complete Scoundrel.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Morphic tide: Well, the Warlock won't actually work with Spellvoid like that. Spell Consumption only absorbs spells, not spell-like abilities.

Anyways, thanks for the answers. I do quite like those three myself. I am especially happy that you like the Spellvoid as I was rather uncertain about it. Still, I would like it if you could maybe pick out a least favorite class? I want to get better.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Morphic tide: Well, the Warlock won't actually work with Spellvoid like that. Spell Consumption only absorbs spells, not spell-like abilities.

Anyways, thanks for the answers. I do quite like those three myself. I am especially happy that you like the Spellvoid as I was rather uncertain about it. Still, I would like it if you could maybe pick out a least favorite class? I want to get better.
    That's why I said "might." The Artificer synergy, however, still works wonderfully.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    That's why I said "might." The Artificer synergy, however, still works wonderfully.
    I know. I was just clarifying.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Unicorn Champion

The Unicorn Champion

Prerequisites:
    Alignment: Neutral Good or Chaotic Good
    Race: Elf
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Mounted Combat, Vow of Chastity
    Special: Female

-----------------------------

Hit Die: d8

Level

BAB

Saves

Special
    Spells per Day
    0|1|2|3|4|5|6
    1 +1 +2/+0/+2 Detect Good, Divine Health, Special Mount 2/1/-/-/-/-/-
    2 +2 +3/+0/+3 Smite Evil 1/day 3/2/1/-/-/-/-
    3 +3 +3/+1/+3 Cleanse the Impure 3/3/2/-/-/-/-
    4 +4 +4/+0/+4 Bonus Feat 4/3/2/1/-/-/-
    5 +5 +4/+1/+4 Purity of Nature 4/3/3/2/-/-/-
    6 +6 +5/+2/+5 Smite Evil 2/day 4/4/3/2/1/-/-
    7 +7 +5/+2/+5 Greater Healing 4/4/3/3/2/-/-
    8 +8 +6/+2/+6 Bonus Feat 4/4/4/3/2/1/-
    9 +9 +6/+3/+6 Nature's Bosom 4/4/4/3/3/2/-
    10 +10 +7/+3/+7 Smite Evil 3/day 4/4/4/4/3/2/1
    Class Skills (4 + Int)
    Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, Use Rope

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All simple and martial weapons and all armor and shields (except tower shields).

Spellcasting: A Unicorn Champion casts spells off the Druid spell list. Her caster level equals her Unicorn Champion level. The key ability for this spellcasting is Charisma.

Detect Evil (Sp): Like her unicorn companion, a Unicorn Champion can use Detect Evil at will as a free action.

Divine Health (Ex): As the Paladin ability.

Special Mount: A Unicorn Champion makes a lifelong alliance and friendship with a unicorn who serves as her mount in battle. The Unicorn collects experience and levels just as a normal character. It does not, however, take a split of the party experience and merely gains the same amount of experience as the Unicorn Champion.

If her unicorn dies, she cannot acquire a new one. She also cannot gain further levels in the Unicorn Champion class until her unicorn has been resurrected.

Smite Evil (Su): As the Paladin ability. If a Unicorn Champion gains Smite Evil from any other class, her levels stack for determining extra damage. She can use this ability once per day at level two plus an additional use every four levels.

Cleanse the Impure: At third level, a Unicorn Champion's unicorn can use its Neutralize Poison ability at will. The caster level for this ability is either 8 or the unicorn's hit dice, whichever is higher.

Bonus Feats: At level four and every four levels after, a Unicorn Champion gains a bonus feat from the following list. She must meet all prerequisites. Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Mounted Archery, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge, Trample, or any Exalted feat.

Purity of Nature: At fifth level, a Unicorn Champion's unicorn gains the ability to use Remove Disease as a spell-like ability three times per day with a caster level equal to its hit dice.

Greater Healing: At seventh level, a Unicorn Champion's unicorn improves it's ability to heal others. It can now use Cure Light Wounds five times per day, Cure Moderate Wounds three times per day, and Cure Serious Wounds once per day. The caster level for each ability is either 5 or the unicorn's hit dice, whichever is higher.

Nature's Bosom: At level nine, a Unicorn Champion's unicorn gains the ability to use Greater Restoration as a spell-like ability three times per day with a caster level equal to its hit dice.

Ex-Unicorn Champions: If a Unicorn Champion changes her alignment to something other than Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, she loses access to her spellcasting and cannot contimue advancing in the class until she atones. Her unicorn does not leave her unless she turns all the way to evil. It will otherwise attempt to aid her in her atonement. If she violates her Vow of Chastity, her unicorn leaves her forever, and she can never again advance in the class.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-05 at 09:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

So, you just made a joke PRC that almost entirely invalidates Paladin...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

So, you just made a joke PRC that almost entirely invalidates Paladin...
    Joke class?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Joke class?
    The Unicorn Champion is rather clearly a joke of some sort. It implies that you have to be a Chaotic virgin Elf woman to enter the class. And you have a Unicorn mount. It almost invalidates the Paladin, having basically everything the Paladin does, more, except it has a different spell list.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

The Unicorn Champion is rather clearly a joke of some sort. It implies that you have to be a Chaotic virgin Elf woman to enter the class. And you have a Unicorn mount. It almost invalidates the Paladin, having basically everything the Paladin does, more, except it has a different spell list.
    How is it a joke? Unicorns are real creatures in D&D. They are Chaotic Good, so you, obviously, can't differ from that. You must be a female Elven virgin because according to unicorn lore, they're the only ones who a unicorn will allow to ride. None of it is invented for humor.

And "invalidating" a ****ty class, which I proclaim it doesn't, isn't a big deal.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

only thing better then unicorn is hybrid the motherf*cker with pegasus and give it flaming mane and change it to evil alainment
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    only thing better then unicorn is hybrid the motherf*cker with pegasus ...
    Oh, I love winged unicorns!

... and give it flaming mane and change it to evil alainment
    ○.○

D:

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Unisus and Pegicorns could also fit in with your Unicorn Champion as variants if you allow it.

You can find the 3.0 Unisus here by Hogan http://www.dragoneers.com/dragoneers. To update to 3.5 is easy peasy. Also, a really good Unisus was converted by EnWorld. Here: http://www.enworld.org/cctest/newcc/...,%20Unisus.htm

I wrote up a Pegicorn a while ago and have edited it to proper 3.5 format if you want to use it. It doesn't seem proper to post it here but here's a link to it: Pegicorn

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2017-02-11 at 11:59 AM. Reason: special abilities were out of order.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Mime Mage

The Mime Mage

Prerequisites:
    Alignment: Any non-Good
    Skills: Perform (Mime) 8 ranks
    Feats: Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Perform)
    Spellcasting: Invisibility and at least one Wall of X spell

------------------------------

Hit Die: d4

Level BAB Saves Special Spellcasting
    1 +0 +0/+0/+2 Wall Builder +1 to existing spellcasting class
    2 +1 +0/+0/+3 Invisible Spell +1 to existing spellcasting class
    3 +1 +1/+1/+3 Mime's Voice +1 to existing spellcasting class
    4 +2 +1/+1/+4 Rope Gag +1 to existing spellcasting class
    5 +2 +1/+1/+4 Mime's Act +1 to existing spellcasting class
    Class Skills (2 + Int)
    Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Disguise, Escape Artist, Knowledge (All), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Spellcraft, Use Rope

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Mime Mage does not gain any proficiency in weapons or armor.

Wall Builder (Su): A Mime Mage has mastered the art of making walls. Whenever he casts a Wall of X spell, he can choose to create any number of walls as long as their combined total area is not larger than the maximum size of the wall he can create. He also casts all Wall of X spells as if he were one level higher.

Invisible Spell: At level two, a Mime Mage gains Invisible Spell as a bonus feat.

Mime's Voice (Ex): At third level, a Mime Mage can use Silent Spell with no increase in spell level.

Rope Gag (Sp): A fourth level Mime Mage can pull others into his act, literally. He can use Telekinesis as a spell-like ability at will.

Mime's Act (Ex): At level five, a Mime Mage becomes a master of his craft. Whenever he casts a spell, he can make a free Perform (Mime) check against a DC equal to his caster level plus the spell level of the spell he's casting but only if the spell has been made Silent and Invisible. If he succeeds, he can cast the spell as if he were one level higher. This increase stacks with Wall Builder. In addition, a Mime Mage can also spontaneously apply Silent Spell and Invisible Spell without an increase in casting time.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Warforged Warden Variant: Rat Warden

Warforged Warden Variant: Vile Warden

In some cases, Warforged are cast outside of society due to their unusual traits. Those who go on to become Warforged Wardens often find themselves drawn to the shunned and ignoble creatures. They find a kindred spirit in their desolation.

Alignment: A Vile Warden cannot be Good.
    Hit Die: A Vile Warden has d8 hit dice.
    Saves: A Vile Warden has a low Fortitude save.
    Skills: A Vile Warden gains 6 + Int skills per level (×4 at level one). Add the following skills to the Vile Warden's class list: Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Gather Information, Open Lock, Search, and Sleight of Hand.

Class Features
    The Vile Warden has all the standard Warforged Warden class features except as noted below.

Spirit Animal Transformation: A Vile Warden does not have access to any of the standard spirit animals. Instead, she chooses among the following list. Tiny forms grant an additional +4 Dexterity.

Angler Fish (No Ironwood): Con (P), Dex (S), Str (T); Small size; Speed 0 ft, Swim 40 ft; Bite (1d6); Dire Angler Fish's Lure ability; Dire Angler Fish's Blindsense ability; +4 racial bonus on Hide checks; +4 racial bonus on Spot checks, suppressed if Blindsense is negated; +8 racial bonus on Swim checks; can take 10 on Swim checks even if threatened

Bat (No Adamantine): Dex (P), Str (S), Con (T), Tiny size; Speed 10 ft, Fly 50 ft (good); Bite (1d4); Bat's Blindsense ability; Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat (applicable in Warforged form); +4 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks, suppressed if Blindsense is negated.

Rat (Any plating): Dex (P), Con (S), Str (T); Tiny size; Speed 20 ft, Climb 15 ft, Swim 15 ft; Bite (1d4) (P), 2 Claws (1d3) (S); Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat (applicable in Warforged form); +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks; +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim checks; can take 10 on Climb and Swim checks even if threatened; can use Dexterity bonus on Climb checks if it is higher; can use the run action while swimming

Scorpion (Any plating): Str (P), Con (S), Dex (T); Medium size; Speed 40 ft; 2 Claws (1d6) (P), Sting (1d8) (S); Monstrous Scorpion's Poison ability; Monstrous Scorpion's Improved Grab ability; +4 racial bonus on Climb, Hide, and Spot checks

Spider (Any plating): Str (P), Dex (S), Con (T); Medium size; Speed 30 ft, Climb 20 ft; Bite (1d6); Monstrous Spider's Poison ability; +4 racial bonus on Hide, Move Silently, and Spot checks; +8 racial bonus on Climb checks; +10 racial bonus on Jump checks; can take 10 on Climb checks even if threatened

Uncanny Dodge: At level two, a Vile Warden gains Uncanny Dodge.

Animal Empathy: A Vile Warden can use Animal Empathy on vermin at a -4 penalty. Vile Wardens who choose either the scorpion or the spider as their spirit animal do not suffer this penalty but, instead, have a -4 penalty when using it on animals.

Speak With Animals: A Vile Warden can use this ability to speak with vermin.

Spirit Animal Special Ability: A Vile Warden can choose from the following special abilities.
    Spoiler: Lesser
    Show
    Attach (Angler Fish, Bat, Rat): You can clamp down on your enemies like a weasel. You gain the Attach special attack.

Constrict (Scorpion): You have learned how to squeeze the life out of your foes. You gain the Constrict special attack which deals damage equal to your Claw attack. You deal Constrict damage automatically on a successful Grapple check.

Deadly Venom (Scorpion, Spider): Your venom is even more lethal. It deals 1d6+1 Con damage (Scorpion) or 1d8+1 Str damage (Spider) and gains a +2 racial bonus on the save DC.

Feral Weapons (All): Your natural weapons are even deadlier than normal. All your natural weapons increase one die category. (Applicable in Warforged form)

Ferocity (All): When you are severely wounded, your instincts kick in, and you fight like a cornered animal. You gain the Ferocity ability.

Hidden Strike (All): You know how to strike from the shadows and attack your opponents' weak spots. You gain +2d6 sneak attack damage with your natural weapons. (Applicable in Warforged form)

Honed Attack (All): You are skilled at targeting the weak points in your enemies. All your natural weapons gain a critical threat range of 19-20 and deal ×3 damage on a successful critical hit. (Applicable in Warforged form)

Improved Senses (Angler Fish): Your senses are stronger than nornal. The range of your Blindsense increases to 80 feet, and you gain a +2 bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Night Eyes (All): Your eyes are well adjusted to the dark. You gain Improved Low-light Vision and Darkvision 60 ft. You also gain a +2 bonus on Spot checks in shadowy illumination.

Pestilent Bite (Angler Fish, Bat, Rat): You are a plague bearer. Your Bite attack now inflicts the vile fever. The incubation period is 1 day, and it deals 1d6 strength damage and 1d4 constitution damage. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 HD + Constitution modifier.

Powerful Legs (Rat, Scorpion, Spider): Your legs are stronger and faster than normal. Your base land speed increases by 20 ft, and you gain a +4 bonus on Jump and Tumble checks.

Predator's Leap (Rat, Scorpion): You have learned how to leap upon your foes with a deadly flurry of attacks. You gain the Pounce ability.

Prodigious Growth (Angler Fish, Rat, Scorpion, Spider): You are bigger than normal. Your size increases by one stage, your natural weapons increase one die step in damage, and your strength increases by 2.

Rake (Rat): Your ferocity in battle allows you to get in some extra scratches under certain circumstances. You gain the Rake special attack which deals damage equal to your Claw attack. You can make Rake attacks on a Pounce, and they are considered secondary weapons. You deal Rake damage automatically with a successful Grapple check.

Streamlined Body (Angler Fish, Rat): Your body was built for speed, and water flows right off of it. Your base swim speed increases by 20 ft, and you gain a +4 bonus on Escape Artist checks.

Trip (Rat, Scorpion, Spider): You know how to apply your strength and weight to knock down your foes. You gain the Trip ability. It activates off of your Bite attack (Rat, Spider) or Stinger attack (Scorpion).

Spoiler: Moderate
    Show
    Blindsight (Angler Fish): Your senses are keen enough to form a near perfect image of the world around youm Your Blindsense is replaced with Blindsight out to the same distance.

Charming Lure (Angler Fish): You know how to use your illicium in new and interesting ways. When you use your Lure ability, you can choose to, instead of fascinating creatures, Charm them as the spell with a caster level equal to your hit dice.

Compact Frame (All): You are smaller than normal. Your size decreases by one stage and your dexterity increases by 4.

Deft Flight (Bat): You are faster and more agile in the air. Your fly speed increases by 30 ft, and your maneuverability increases to perfect.

Evasive Maneuvers (Bat): Your aerial acrobatics are incredible to behold. Once per round, when you are attacked in a round in which you moved at least 30 ft, you can attempt a Tumble check as a free action against a DC equal to the opponent's attack roll. If you are successful, the attack misses, and you avoid all damage and effects of it.

Frenzied Assault (All): You are able to tap into the beast within and attack with greater ferocity. If you have multiple natural weapons, you gain Multiattack as a bonus feat and can make an extra attack with your primary weapon at a -5 penalty. If you only have one natural weapon, then you gain a full iterative attack routine with it.

Hunter's Stalk (All): You are an expert at sneaking up and ambushing your prey. You gain Darkstalker as a bonus feat, and you gain a +4 bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.

Mighty Wings (Bat): Your wing muscles are more powerful than normal. You can carry up to a medium load while flying. You can also flap your wings hard enough to conjure a blast of wind. As a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity, you can create an effect identical to the spell Gust of Wind with a caster level of half your hit dice that lasts for as many rounds as you continue flapping, spending a standard action each turn (maximum of up to Constitution modifier).

Nature's Freedom (All): You run wild through the outdoors, unhindered by anything. As long as you are in a natural environment, you are constantly under the effects of Freedom of Movement.

Opportune Strike (All): You can attack your foes at their moment of weakness. You gain the Rogue's Opportunist ability.

Pack Hunting (Bat, Rat): You are skilled at fighting side-by-side with others and know how to take advantage of your enemies' distraction. When flanking, you gain a +4 bonus on attack and damage rolls, a +2 Dodge bonus to AC, and your critical threat range doubles. This is in addition to the normal benefits of flanking.

Polar Conditioning (Angler Fish): Your body is adept at surviving in the harshest of arctic environments. You never suffer negative effects for cold weather, and you gain Cold Resistance 30.

Swallow Whole (Angler Fish, Bat): You have learned how to consume your opponents with one swift gulp. You gain the Swallow Whole ability. Your gizzard deals bludgeoning damage equal to your Bite attack and Acid damage equal to 1d4/3 levels. Your gizzard has hit points equal to 1/8th your hit point total and an AC equal to 10 plus your Warforged armor bonus.

Trample (Scorpion, Spider): You know how to barrel through enemies, crushing them underfoot. You gain the Trample ability. Damage is equal to twice your Claw attack (Badger, Bear, Tiger, Wolf), Hoof attack (Horse), Bite attack (Snake), Tail Slap attack (Crocodile), or Arms attack (Octopus).

Wind's Blessing (All): The speed of the wind aids in your attack. As a swift action, you can become Hasted for a number of rounds up to your Constitution modifier. Afterwards, you suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for twice that duration. You cannot become Hasted again until the duration on the penalties expires.

Wounding Attack (All): You know how to rip and tear flesh leaving an even deeper wound. Whenever you hit with a Bite, Claw, Talon, or Horn attack, you deal one point of Constitution damage, Fortitude negates (DC10 + 1/2 level + Strength modifier).

Spoiler: Greater
    Show
    Danger Sense (All): Your instincts have reached an almost supernatural level. You are constantly under the effects of Foresight.

Destructive Bite (Rat): Your teeth are incredibly sharp and durable. Your Bite attack ignores hardness and damage reduction and its damage increases by one die step. You gain a Burrow speed of 10 feet.

Dominating Lure (Angler Fish): You can use your sway over the minds of others to control their actions. When you use your Lure ability, you can choose to, instead of fascinating creatures, dominate one creature as the Dominate Monster spell with a caster level equal to your hit dice.

Nature's Shroud (All): You are protected within the bosom of nature. As long as you are in a natural environment, you are constantly under the effects of Death Ward.

Perfect Specimen (All): You are the epitome example of your spirit animal. Your size increases one category, your natural weapons increase one die step in damage, your spirit animal bonuses to Strength and Constitution increase by +6 and +4, respectively, and all your spirit animal special attacks that grant a save have their DC increased by +2

Bonus Feats: At every fifth level, instead of gaining a bonus feat, a Vile Warden can choose to gain +1d6 sneak attack. She can only do this if she has the Hidden Strike special ability.

Spirit Animal Companion: A Vile Warden gains the following animal companion based on her spirit animal. Angler Fish: Dire Angler Fish, Bat: Dire Bat, Rat: Dire Rat, Scorpion: Medium Monstrous Scorpolion, Spider: Medium Monstrous Spider. For the all of them except the bat, treat the Warforged Warden as being three levels higher for determining their abilities on the table.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-07 at 04:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Warforged Warden class(?) . . . where can I find it?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Warforged Warden class(?) . . . where can I find it?
    In this thread. There's a link in the OP.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

In this thread. There's a link in the OP.
    Fascinating . . .
    Some of your work here (Survivor/Applemancer/Realman/Pokémon Trainer...), coupled with the lack of noteworthy preliminary fluff in most cases gives an impression that you're not taking your own work seriously (to a point that I actually missed that one). Nevertheless, your Warforged Warden is the first case that actually makes the Warforged race interesting in my eyes.
    That said, I would suggest one change to the Warforged Warden - I would give it a special ability every 2 levels rather than 3, granting it a total of 3 abilities per category, thus making it feel more complete. Other than that, an excellent work.