New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Fascinating . . .
    Some of your work here (Survivor/Applemancer/Realman/Pokémon Trainer...), coupled with the lack of noteworthy preliminary fluff in most cases gives an impression that you're not taking your own work seriously (to a point that I actually missed that one).
    Well that's rather insulting.

Nevertheless, your Warforged Warden is the first case that actually makes the Warforged race interesting in my eyes.
    Thanks.

That said, I would suggest one change to the Warforged Warden - I would give it a special ability every 2 levels rather than 3, granting it a total of 3 abilities per category, thus making it feel more complete. Other than that, an excellent work.
    You think? I was afraid of making it too strong, but I suppose if think that's better. It would allow for more options, certainly.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Well that's rather insulting.
    1. I said "gives an impression". It wasn't meant as insult. IIRC, I was one of the first to congratulate your work with the Bard.
    2. Preliminary fluff explains the designer's vision of why the class exists, what it stands for and how to role it (as opposed to being just a bag of statistics that lets RPGers kill monsters virtually). That's one of the added values of homebrewing over PC games.

Btw, consider incorporating the Rat Warden into the Warforged Warden. You have plenty of posting characters available for that.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

1. I said "gives an impression". It wasn't meant as insult. IIRC, I was one of the first to congratulate your work with the Bard.
    2. Preliminary fluff explains the designer's vision of why the class exists, what it stands for and how to role it (as opposed to being just a bag of statistics that lets RPGers kill monsters virtually). That's one of the added values of homebrewing over PC games.

Btw, consider incorporating the Rat Warden into the Warforged Warden. You have plenty of posting characters available for that.
    I've been wanting to do that for a while, but time conspires against me. And with so many classes, it would be a rather significant undertaking.

When I first made the class, I picked a specific number of options. One animal for each combination of ability score preferences. One flying animal. And four aquatic animals. It seemed a good number. Later, I decided that I wanted to add rat, but it would be awkwardly out of place if I folded it into the main class, so I made it a variant.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been wanting to do that for a while, but time conspires against me. And with so many classes, it would be a rather significant undertaking.

When I first made the class, I picked a specific number of options. One animal for each combination of ability score preferences. One flying animal. And four aquatic animals. It seemed a good number. Later, I decided that I wanted to add rat, but it would be awkwardly out of place if I folded it into the main class, so I made it a variant.
    Well, you could always make the variant more different and focused on "creepy/evil" animals like rats, bats, the scary nightmare fish and so on. For a focus, disease and poison, along with maybe Sneak Attack or Skirmishing, to boost damage as special abilities/warforged plating options/class features, getting a bit of stealth and mobility stuff as other special ability/warforged plating options/class features.

Basically, make it the "assassin/scout" type Warforged Warden, rather than just the "rat" type. It's not like AFC names are always indicative of the actual function of the class.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Well, you could always make the variant more different and focused on "creepy/evil" animals like rats, bats, the scary nightmare fish and so on. For a focus, disease and poison, along with maybe Sneak Attack or Skirmishing, to boost damage as special abilities/warforged plating options/class features, getting a bit of stealth and mobility stuff as other special ability/warforged plating options/class features.

Basically, make it the "assassin/scout" type Warforged Warden, rather than just the "rat" type. It's not like AFC names are always indicative of the actual function of the class.
    That's a really good idea. Though, I don't know if D&D even has stats for, like, actual fish.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a really good idea. Though, I don't know if D&D even has stats for, like, actual fish.
    Eh, you can always whip up the nasties yourself.

Edit: You also only need two or three of them, at most, and they can share a bunch of things regarding mobility. One for scouting/sneaking focus, one for poisoning focus, maybe one to split the scouting and sneaking focus out from.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-02-06 at 08:53 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Eh, you can always whip up the nasties yourself.

Edit: You also only need two or three of them, at most, and they can share a bunch of things regarding mobility. One for scouting/sneaking focus, one for poisoning focus, maybe one to split the scouting and sneaking focus out from.
    I could, but it would be nice for the animal companion to have a readily available stat block to point to.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

I could, but it would be nice for the animal companion to have a readily available stat block to point to.
    One can always use altered versions of existing statblocks.

A more dexterous, less strong/tough Octopus with a bigger Hide and Disguise bonus can be a Mimic Octopus for a sneak attacker/scout, as an example. One can also get away with (Ex) Alter Self, because Mimic Octopuses can alter their shape, color and, to a limited extent, their size to the point that even humans can't tell the difference. They even mimic behaviors.

Not sure about aquatic poisons, unless there's a jellyfish statline of some sort to work with(jellyfish should be mindless given the whole "no actual action, only reflexes/instincts/metabolism" thing and octopuses should have higher intelligence. So what if it puts them into Magical Beast territory, they are color changing shapeshifters who fake being other species! Including ones entirely absent from their natural environment, so they learn to copy behaviors of things!). Same for a dedicated scout without sneaking, other than looking up particularly fast sharks or sharks with pack hunting/hit and run tactics then comparing to Great White Sharks.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

I've modified the Warforged Warden's table so it now gets nine special abilities rather than six. I've also begun on modifying the variant (now called the Vile Warden). I still need to update the special abilities section, however. You can become an angler fish, a bat, a rat, a scorpion, or a spider. I also need to make a stat block for the Dire Angler Fish.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-06 at 09:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

I've modified the Warforged Warden's table so it now gets nine special abilities rather than six. I've also begun on modifying the variant (now called the Vile Warden). I still need to update the special abilities section, however. You can become an angler fish, a bat, a rat, a scorpion, or a spider. I also need to make a stat block for the Dire Angler Fish.
    Good selection, IMHO. I mean, I'd like to see a poison or sneak focused aquatic form, particularly a Mimic Octopus, but Angler Fish has nice opportunities for the rarely-used niche of forcing enemies closer to you, which opens a whole new set of combat dynamics. Granted, stacking it with the complications of aquatic combat makes things weirder tactically, but it actually reduces the frustration of three dimensional combat by giving you a way to force the enemy into range of your stabby/smashy things.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

I made a few more modifications to the Vile Warden to make it a bit more Roguey.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

I made a few more modifications to the Vile Warden to make it a bit more Roguey.
    Thank ye for listening, I rather dislike stuff that wastes space and has far more fluff to it than crunch. It's why so many of the feats I homebrew have repurchase options that could easily be feats of their own. Well, that and me being horrible at naming and disliking the whole Lesser, Normal, Greater thing that pops up so much. Like, my favorite feat in 3.5, bar none, is Psionic Talent. It's the one feat that scales based on how many times you get it in a way that is not just getting the same number again and again.

It's also a meaningful one that can have serious impact on how you play with some characters, like some PsyWar builds that want to maximize the usefulness of Psionic Body(although Psionic sidegrades to normal combat feats are much more helpful). 5 PP for two feats doesn't look good, yes, but the idea is amazing. And you get 9 PP for three, 14 PP for four and so on, making it great for those silly high-epic games(like, level 50+ ones, where all game balance has been long shattered) where everyone has run out of non-endlessly-repeating feats worth getting.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're ok with it, I'd appreciate it if you could remove the width constraint from the table.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're ok with it, I'd appreciate it if you could remove the width constraint from the table.
    I'm not actually sure what that even does. It was just there when I copied the code from someone else's post.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not actually sure what that even does. It was just there when I copied the code from someone else's post.

Removing the Width constraint will make the table look like this . . .

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +1 +2/+2/+0 Spirit Animal Transformation, Warforged Body
    2 +2 +3/+3/+0 Animal Senses, Track
    3 +3 +3/+3/+1 Animal Empathy, Speak With Animals
    4 +4 +4/+4/+1 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Lesser)
    5 +5 +4/+4/+1 Warforged Armor Enhancement (Lesser), Bonus Feat
    6 +6 +5/+5/+2 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Lesser) Spirit Animal Ability Scores (+8, +4, +2)
    7 +7 +5/+5/+2 Spirit Animal Companion
    8 +8 +6/+6/+2 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Lesser)
    9 +9 +6/+6/+3 Evasion
    10 +10 +7/+7/+3 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Moderate), Bonus Feat
    11 +11 +7/+7/+3 Spirit Animal Ability Scores (+12, +6, +2), Nature's Fury
    12 +12 +8/+8/+4 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Moderate)
    13 +13 +8/+8/+4 Esoteric Mind
    14 +14 +9/+9/+4 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Moderate)
    15 +15 +9/+9/+5 Warforged Armor Enhancement (Greater), Bonus Feat
    16 +16 +10/+10/+5 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Greater), Spirit Animal Ability Scores (+16, +8, +4)
    17 +17 +10/+10/+5 Nature's Wrath
    18 +18 +11/+11/+6 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Greater), Master of Beasts
    19 +19 +11/+11/+6 Scion of Nature
    20 +20 +12/+12/+6 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Greater), Bonus Feat

Makes it easier to assess what the class gets by any level [X].

I also favor bolding the dominant repetative feature(s). like this:

Level BAB Saves Special
    1 +1 +2/+2/+0 Spirit Animal Transformation, Warforged Body
    2 +2 +3/+3/+0 Animal Senses, Track
    3 +3 +3/+3/+1 Animal Empathy, Speak With Animals
    4 +4 +4/+4/+1 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Lesser)
    5 +5 +4/+4/+1 Warforged Armor Enhancement (Lesser), Bonus Feat
    6 +6 +5/+5/+2 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Lesser) Spirit Animal Ability Scores (+8, +4, +2)
    7 +7 +5/+5/+2 Spirit Animal Companion
    8 +8 +6/+6/+2 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Lesser)
    9 +9 +6/+6/+3 Evasion
    10 +10 +7/+7/+3 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Moderate), Bonus Feat
    11 +11 +7/+7/+3 Spirit Animal Ability Scores (+12, +6, +2), Nature's Fury
    12 +12 +8/+8/+4 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Moderate)
    13 +13 +8/+8/+4 Esoteric Mind
    14 +14 +9/+9/+4 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Moderate)
    15 +15 +9/+9/+5 Warforged Armor Enhancement (Greater), Bonus Feat
    16 +16 +10/+10/+5 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Greater), Spirit Animal Ability Scores (+16, +8, +4)
    17 +17 +10/+10/+5 Nature's Wrath
    18 +18 +11/+11/+6 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Greater), Master of Beasts
    19 +19 +11/+11/+6 Scion of Nature
    20 +20 +12/+12/+6 Spirit Animal Special Ability (Greater), Bonus Feat

It's not standard formatting, but it makes it even easier to figure the class' power-level at each level.

Btw, you should also state Spirit Animal Ability Scores at 1st level.
    Last edited by nonsi; 2017-02-06 at 11:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, whenever I get around to adding that additional fluff info, I'll change the tables.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Fascinating . . .
    Some of your work here (Survivor/Applemancer/Realman/Pokémon Trainer...), coupled with the lack of noteworthy preliminary fluff in most cases gives an impression that you're not taking your own work seriously (to a point that I actually missed that one). Nevertheless, your Warforged Warden is the first case that actually makes the Warforged race interesting in my eyes.
    That said, I would suggest one change to the Warforged Warden - I would give it a special ability every 2 levels rather than 3, granting it a total of 3 abilities per category, thus making it feel more complete. Other than that, an excellent work.
    One doesn't always need preliminary fluff- sometimes mechanics with their names speak for themselves.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Dire Angler Fish

The Dire Angler Fish
    Size/Type: Medium Animal
    Hit Dice: 3d8+3 (16 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: Swim 40 ft
    Armor Class: 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Lure
    Special Qualities: Blindsense 40 ft, Low-light Vision
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 16
    Skills: Hide +9, Listen +3, Move Silently +4, Spot +8, Swim +9
    Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (Bite)
    Environment: Deep oceans
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 4-7 HD (Medium), 8+ HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: ---

A dire angler fish is much like a regular angler fish except bigger and more ferocious.

Combat
    A dire angler fish tends to lie in ambush in the sand and mud at the ocean floor with only its bioluminescent illicium visible. When prey approaches, it suddenly attacks.

Lure (Ex): A dire angler fish lures unwary prey with its bioluminescent illicium. As a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, it can waggle it's illicium to attract nearby foes. Any creature that can see the dire angler fish's illicium must succeed on a Will save (DC15) or become fascinated for 1d4+1 rounds. Creatures so affected must move towards the dire angler fish until they are adjacent to it or they break the fascination. The illicium is visible for 200 feet but does not shed any light and does not impose a penalty on the dire anglers fish's Hide checks. The save DC is Charisma based and includes a +1 racial bonus. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Blindsense (Ex): A dire angler fish feels the vibrations in the water to pinpoint creatures within 40 feet. Opponents still have total concealment against the dire angler fish unless it can actually see them.

Skills: A dire angler fish has a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks. It also has a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks which is suppressed if its Blindsense is negated. A dire angler fish has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-06 at 02:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, whenever I get around to adding that additional fluff info, I'll change the tables.
    One more thing.
    It seems to me like Resist Nature's Lure should precede Esoteric Mind. It seems like a natural midway step that would eventually lead to the latter (couldn't hurt with the class' low Will saves).

Regarding Esoteric Mind: The term "mind-affecting effects" is not specified. It should definitely grant immunity enchantment effects and possession, but I see no reason why it should grant any benefits vs. illusion effects.
    Last edited by nonsi; 2017-02-08 at 02:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

One more thing.
    It seems to me like Resist Nature's Lure should precede Esoteric Mind. It seems like a natural midway step that would eventually lead to the latter (couldn't hurt with the class' low Will saves).

Regarding Esoteric Mind: The term "mind-affecting effects" is not specified. It should definitely grant immunity enchantment effects and possession, but I see no reason why it should grant any benefits vs. illusion effects.
    Actually, mind-effecting is a tag on many spells. It's a system term.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

One more thing.

Possibly.

Nah, I think it's fine.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Arcane Rager

The Arcane Rager

Prerequisites:
    Base Attack Bonus: +3
    Feats: Combat Casting
    Spellcasting: 2nd level arcane spells
    Special: Rage class feature

------------------------------

Hit Die: d10

Level BAB Saves Special Spellcasting
    1 +0 +2/+0/+2 Rage Casting (0th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    2 +1 +3/+0/+3 Rage Casting (1st) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    3 +2 +3/+1/+3 Armored Casting (Light) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    4 +3 +4/+1/+4 Rage Casting (2nd) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    5 +3 +4/+1/+4 Rage 1/day +1 to existing spellcasting class
    6 +4 +5/+2/+5 Rage Casting (3rd) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    7 +5 +5/+2/+5 Spell Surge Rage
    8 +6 +6/+2/+6 Rage Casting (4th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    9 +6 +6/+3/+6 Armored Casting (Medium) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    10 +7 +7/+3/+7 Rage Casting (5th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    11 +8 +7/+3/+7 Rage 2/day +1 to existing spellcasting class
    12 +9 +8/+4/+8 Rage Casting (6th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    Class Skills (2 + Int)
    Climb, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (All), Listen, Profession, Ride, Search, Spellcraft, Spot

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Arcane Rager does not gain any proficiency in weapons or armor.

Rage Casting (Ex): An Arcane Rager has learned how to maintain enough sense while raging to cast spells. She still cannot use certain skills or any other action normally disallowed by raging. At first level, she can cast 0th Level Spells while raging. At every even level after, she can cast the next level of spells.

Armored Casting (Ex): At level three, an Arcane Rager learns how to simplify her somatic components enough to be able to use them in light armor without penalty. At level nine, she can also cast spells in medium armor without penalty.

Rage (Ex): At levels five and eleven, an Arcane Rager gains an additional daily use of Rage.

Spell Surge Rage (Sp): Upon reaching level seven, an Arcane Rager can channel her magic through her anger, increasing it's power. While raging, all spells she casts are treated if she were one level higher, and any spells that offer a save have their DC increased by 2.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Arcane Rager

The Arcane Rager

Prerequisites:
    Base Attack Bonus: +3
    Feats: Combat Casting
    Spellcasting: 2nd level arcane spells
    Special: Rage class feature

------------------------------

Hit Die: d10

Level BAB Saves Special Spellcasting
    1 +0 +2/+0/+2 Rage Casting (0th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    2 +1 +3/+0/+3 Rage Casting (1st) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    3 +2 +3/+1/+3 Armored Casting (Light) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    4 +3 +4/+1/+4 Rage Casting (2nd) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    5 +3 +4/+1/+4 Rage 1/day +1 to existing spellcasting class
    6 +4 +5/+2/+5 Rage Casting (3rd) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    7 +5 +5/+2/+5 Spell Surge Rage
    8 +6 +6/+2/+6 Rage Casting (4th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    9 +6 +6/+3/+6 Armored Casting (Medium) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    10 +7 +7/+3/+7 Rage Casting (5th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    11 +8 +7/+3/+7 Rage 2/day +1 to existing spellcasting class
    12 +9 +8/+4/+8 Rage Casting (6th) +1 to existing spellcasting class
    Class Skills (2 + Int)
    Climb, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (All), Listen, Profession, Ride, Search, Spellcraft, Spot

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Arcane Rager does not gain any proficiency in weapons or armor.

Rage Casting (Ex): An Arcane Rager has learned how to maintain enough sense while raging to cast spells. She still cannot use certain skills or any other action normally disallowed by raging. At first level, she can cast 0th Level Spells while raging. At every even level after, she can cast the next level of spells.

Armored Casting (Ex): At level three, an Arcane Rager learns how to simplify her somatic components enough to be able to use them in light armor without penalty. At level nine, she can also cast spells in medium armor without penalty.

Rage (Ex): At levels five and eleven, an Arcane Rager gains an additional daily use of Rage.

Spell Surge Rage (Sp): Upon reaching level seven, an Arcane Rager can channel her magic through her anger, increasing it's power. While raging, all spells she casts are treated if she were one level higher, and any spells that offer a save have their DC increased by 2.

For starters, since the Barbarian comes with light armor, Armored Casting (Light) should be a 1st level feature.

Also, what do you think of the following feat as prereq?

Controlled Rage
    Requirements: Rage, Concentration 5
    Benefit: You may perform any Int/Wis/Cha skill-based task that can be completed in a full-round action or less, and retreating while raging is now a viable option.
    Last edited by nonsi; 2017-02-11 at 11:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

For starters, since the Barbarian comes with light armor, Armored Casting (Light) should be a 1st level feature.
    I don't think so. You get it early enough, anyways.

Also, what do you think of the following feat as prereq?

Controlled Rage
    Requirements: Rage, Concentration 5
    Benefit: You may perform any Int/Wis/Cha skill-based task that can be completed in a full-round action or less, and retreating while raging is now a viable option.
    I didn't know that feat existed, but I don't think it needs to be necessary just because it fits thematically.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't know that feat existed, but I don't think it needs to be necessary just because it fits thematically.
    1. ...homebrew
    2. Nothing's necessary. Just thought that it's not such a severe toll and the upside is that almost all skill restrictions are removed and the option of retreat is viable once again - even while raging. That's a big benefit.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

1. ...homebrew
    2. Nothing's necessary. Just thought that it's not such a severe toll and the upside is that almost all skill restrictions are removed and the option of retreat is viable once again - even while raging. That's a big benefit.
    But then raging basically has no downsides anymore. I don't feel like doing that.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

But then raging basically has no downsides anymore. I don't feel like doing that.
    - Rage is still limited in #uses per day.
    - You still become fatigued when Rage ends.
    - You take a -2 level delay to your spell progression and CL.
    - It costs another feat.

Given all the above, I'm fine with the character having full control over his mental faculties even while raging.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

- Rage is still limited in #uses per day.
    - You still become fatigued when Rage ends.
    - You take a -2 level delay to your spell progression and CL.
    - It costs another feat.

Given all the above, I'm fine with the character having full control over his mental faculties even while raging.
    Sure, that's fine. I just don't see the point in making it a prerequisite.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Mark of Geass

The Mark of Geass

Legends hold that there is a fantastic power known as Geass that has existed since time immemorial. It is said to be the manifestation of the collective unconscious of mortals. Some individuals, whether blessed or cursed, obtain this wondrous power, and each one of them inevitably changes the course of history.

Lesser Mark of Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Character level 3rd, Intelligence 3
    Choose one mind-affecting spell or power of 3rd level or lower. You can now use it as an at will supernatural ability. Your caster level/manifester level is your hit dice, and a power is automatically augmented up to this manifester level. The save DC is 10 + 1/4 the number of times it has been successfully used + Charisma modifier. It only works on creatures with an intelligence score of three or higher, and it only works once per individual creature. It does not work on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, even if they would normally be affected by mind-affecting effects. You can only possess one Mark of Geass feat.

Moderate Mark of Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Character level 9th, Intelligence 3
    Choose one mind-affecting spell or power of 6th level or lower. You can now use it as an at will supernatural ability. Your caster level/manifester level is your hit dice, and a power is automatically augmented up to this manifester level. The save DC is 10 + 1/4 the number of times it has been successfully used + Charisma modifier. It only works on creatures with an intelligence score of three or higher, and it only works once per individual creature. It does not work on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, even if they would normally be affected by mind-affecting effects. You can only possess one Mark of Geass feat.

Greater Mark of Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Character level 15th, Intelligence 3
    Choose one mind-affecting spell or power of 9th level or lower. You can now use it as an at will supernatural ability. Your caster level/manifester level is your hit dice, and a power is automatically augmented up to this manifester level. The save DC is 10 + 1/4 the number of times it has been successfully used + Charisma modifier. It only works on creatures with an intelligence score of three or higher, and it only works once per individual creature. It does not work on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, even if they would normally be affected by mind-affecting effects. You can only possess one Mark of Geass feat.

Advanced Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Lesser Mark of Geass, Moderate Mark of Geass, or Greater Mark of Geass; Successfully used the Geass ability at least 20 times
    Your Geass ability has become more powerful, and you may now use it on creatures multiple times.

Supreme Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Lesser Mark of Geass, Moderate Mark of Geass, or Greater Mark of Geass; Advanced Geass; Successfully used the Geass ability at least 40 times
    Your Geass ability has become strong enough to pierce even the most heavily of defended minds. You may now use it on creatures that are normally immune to mind-affecting effects, though such creatures receive a +4 bonus on the save (if any). You still may not use it on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, however.

Code Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Lesser Mark of Geass, Moderate Mark of Geass, or Greater Mark of Geass; Advanced Geass; Supreme Geass; Successfully used the Geass ability at least 60 times
    You have reached the final stage of Geass. You permanently lose your Geass ability. Instead, you gain several other permanent extraordinary abilities. You cease acquiring aging penalties and can no longer die of old age (you retain any such penalties already acquired, however). You become immune to all poisons and diseases. You become immune to death effects and mind-affecting effects. You further become immune to all Marks of Geass. Lastly, you gain Regeneration 5.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-21 at 09:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mark of Geass

The Mark of Geass

Legends hold that there is a fantastic power known as Geass that has existed since time immemorial. It is said to be the manifestation of the collective unconscious of mortals. Some individuals, whether blessed or cursed, obtain this wondrous power, and each one of them inevitably changes the course of history.

Lesser Mark of Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Character level 3rd, Intelligence 3
    Choose one mind-affecting spell or power of 3rd level or lower. You can now use it as an at will supernatural ability. The save DC is 10 + 1/4 the number of times it has been successfully used + Charisma modifier. It only works on creatures with an intelligence score of three or higher, and it only works once per individual creature. It does not work on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, even if they would normally be affected by mind-affecting effects. You can only possess one Mark of Geass feat.

Moderate Mark of Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Character level 9th, Intelligence 3
    Choose one mind-affecting spell or power of 6th level or lower. You can now use it as an at will supernatural ability. The save DC is 10 + 1/4 the number of times it has been successfully used + Charisma modifier. It only works on creatures with an intelligence score of three or higher, and it only works once per individual creature. It does not work on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, even if they would normally be affected by mind-affecting effects. You can only possess one Mark of Geass feat.

Greater Mark of Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Character level 15th, Intelligence 3
    Choose one mind-affecting spell or power of 9th level or lower. You can now use it as an at will supernatural ability. The save DC is 10 + 1/4 the number of times it has been successfully used + Charisma modifier. It only works on creatures with an intelligence score of three or higher, and it only works once per individual creature. It does not work on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, even if they would normally be affected by mind-affecting effects. You can only possess one Mark of Geass feat.

Advanced Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Lesser Mark of Geass, Moderate Mark of Geass, or Greater Mark of Geass; Successfully used the Geass ability at least 20 times
    Your Geass ability has become more powerful, and you may now use it on creatures that you have already used it upon.

Supreme Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Lesser Mark of Geass, Moderate Mark of Geass, or Greater Mark of Geass; Advanced Geass; Successfully used the Geass ability at least 40 times
    Your Geass ability has become strong enough to pierce even the most heavily of defended minds. You may now use it on creatures that are normally immune to mind-affecting effects, though such creatures receive a +4 bonus on the save (if any). You still may not use it on constructs, plants, outsiders, or undead, however.

Code Geass [General]:
    Prerequisites: Lesser Mark of Geass, Moderate Mark of Geass, or Greater Mark of Geass; Advanced Geass; Supreme Geass; Successfully used the Geass ability at least 60 times
    You have reached the final stage of Geass. You permanently lose your Geass ability. Instead, you gain several other permanent extraordinary abilities. You cease acquiring aging penalties and can no longer die of old age (you retain any such penalties already acquired, however). You become immune to all poisons and diseases. You become immune to death effects and mind-affecting effects. You further become immune to all Marks of Geass. Lastly, you gain Regeneration 5.
    thanks for making dreams come true bless your immortal heart celestai kun. Y ou made my dreams come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.