Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 799
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Korea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Okay, I'll try some questions.

    Q112
    When will the errata be applied to the PDFs?
    Apart from the ones on DDS' homepage, I find some errors on the SoP "iconic"s' stat blocks, especially their number of talents they're supposed to have (it troubled me in my sleep ( '_' ) ) I'd love it to be applied when my bonus copy from the recent Kickstarter is shipped...

    Q113
    Speaking of the homepage, when is it gonna be updated with exclusive pages for the Spheres book series?
    If I'm not mistaken the place wasn't updated since late 2015...

    Q114
    How would I get +5 inherent bonuses to stats using only the Spheres rules?
    I'm sure some other forum user asked this before, but just for emphasis.

    Q115
    (this may be a bit risky, but oh well...)
    Any thoughts on making a new OGL game using only the Spheres system (including the new SoM)?
    For me, this ruleset felt that good.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Yew View Post
    Q114
    How would I get +5 inherent bonuses to stats using only the Spheres rules?
    I'm sure some other forum user asked this before, but just for emphasis.
    Tomes still exist.

    Also, you can research/make/find a ritual of Wish. Don't forget to add the ritual cost to the material cost.

    The ritual would work something like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by SOP Raise Dead Ritual
    Raise Dead

    Sphere Life; Ritual Level 5
    Casting Time 2 hours
    Components V, S, M (100 gp in special ointment, diamond worth 5,000 gp)
    Description This functions as the raise dead spell.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    masterjoda99's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Q 116: When using the Hostile Lift action of Telekinesis, can you grab and move a foe with one action, or is it a separate action to grab, and then to move?

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Q 116: When using the Hostile Lift action of Telekinesis, can you grab and move a foe with one action, or is it a separate action to grab, and then to move?
    A 116

    One action to grab and move.

    Hostile Lift isn't really a distinct form of telekinesis, so much as a specific use of it: that is, picking up an unwilling enemy. Other than the differences it lists, it otherwise functions like the basic ability. Since you can use the basic ability to pick up and move an object as a standard action, you can do the same with the Hostile Lift version. You just have to spend a spell point to do it, and they get a save.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2017-03-13 at 06:53 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Q108: A balance question, would it change the balance to have draining casting and Material casting be based around Spell Points instead of every spell cast? (Like you taking 1 nonlethal damage for each Spell point you spend rather than with your at will powers, or spending 1sp per CL per Spell point for material casting. also of note for Destruction mages the original at will blaster mage the Kineticist pretty much had this power in how you could use Gather Energy to reduce burn [or in this case reduce the SP cost to avoid burn])

    Healing Nonlethal Damage: You heal nonlethal damage at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per character level. When a spell or ability cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

    I realize the disadvantage specifies that you do not heal non-lethal damage through curative/healing magics, but only naturally.

    However, at most you're going to have 1 caster level per 1 character level. And if you're a mid-caster or low-caster, then you'll have more character levels then caster levels.

    Worse case scenario, you're a full caster with this drawback.

    If you have four encounters per day, and sleep for about 8 hours per day... then you're looking at four battles (the assumed average) spread over a 16 hour window.

    A character who uses spell-point free Destructive Blasts, and fires dozens of those per day, should not even consider this drawback.
    A character who summons 2-3 Eidolon-like creatures per day, could rather easily handle the drawback and not care about the minimal loss of temporary hit points.

    You're basically regenerating 4x your Character Level temporary hit points, between battles if they're evenly spaced.
    If you cast 24 or fewer times per day, you can sustain your magic indefinitely...
    If you regularly cast more than 24 times per day, this is not the drawback for you.

    A mid-caster or a low-caster, could cast more than 24 times per day, and sustain (regenerate) the lost temporary hit points easily.
    Last edited by Ualaa; 2017-03-13 at 11:09 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Healing Nonlethal Damage: You heal nonlethal damage at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per character level. When a spell or ability cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

    I realize the disadvantage specifies that you do not heal non-lethal damage through curative/healing magics, but only naturally.

    However, at most you're going to have 1 caster level per 1 character level. And if you're a mid-caster or low-caster, then you'll have more character levels then caster levels.

    Worse case scenario, you're a full caster with this drawback.

    If you have four encounters per day, and sleep for about 8 hours per day... then you're looking at four battles (the assumed average) spread over a 16 hour window.

    A character who uses spell-point free Destructive Blasts, and fires dozens of those per day, should not even consider this drawback.
    A character who summons 2-3 Eidolon-like creatures per day, could rather easily handle the drawback and not care about the minimal loss of temporary hit points.

    You're basically regenerating 4x your Character Level temporary hit points, between battles if they're evenly spaced.
    If you cast 24 or fewer times per day, you can sustain your magic indefinitely...
    If you regularly cast more than 24 times per day, this is not the drawback for you.

    A mid-caster or a low-caster, could cast more than 24 times per day, and sustain (regenerate) the lost temporary hit points easily.
    Okay, I admit that I missed the nonlethal damage part. I assumed that ALL nonlethal damage (or at least that from Draining Casting) was like Burn from the Kineticist class.

    This damage can't be healed by any means other than getting a full night's rest, which removes all burn and associated nonlethal damage
    Hence I thought that Draining Casting sounded ridiculously painful in that you basically reduced your total hp count for the day (if your nonlethal exceeds your current HP you get knocked out cold), Hence why I thought about making it based around spell points (and making another comparison to the Kineticist, Gather energy for destruction would enhance this connection to draining casting) and certainly true on the part of "people casting more that 24 times a day shouldn't take this" but I also wonder how many casters (or at least full casters) would cast less than 24 spells each day.

    And going back to the related Material casting. I thought that this would just make things a bit simpler on those who wanted to take it without possibly needing to keep track of how much... I don't know, how much silver laced bat guano and sulfur mixture they have to make fireballs with, and at least reduce the headache for the GM a little bit of having to come up with how material casting works in the world and working with the player to figure that out, by making it that it's only the important spells (Insert a joke about a maximized empowered expanded fireball here) they're using that weird material component (Example from before, silver laced bat guano sulfur mixture) for.

    Yes I know that's not how the material casting necessarily works, but it makes mention in the text of whether they'd need to get it special or something.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Q 117: For casters with multiple traditions, does the second tradition get the bonus two starting talents? That is, if a character was an Incanter 1 (arcane tradition) / Fey Adept 1 (fey magic tradition), would the fey magic tradition have 2 talents (illusion + level 1 talent) or 4 talents?

    Q 118: Does craft staff really still have a CL requirement of 11? That seems very high for what staves have become in SoP.

    Thank you!
    Last edited by RedWyvern; 2017-03-15 at 12:08 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by RedWyvern View Post
    Q117: For casters with multiple traditions, does the second tradition get the bonus two starting talents? That is, if a character was an Incanter 1 (arcane tradition) / Fey Adept 1 (fey magic tradition), would the fey magic tradition have 2 talents (illusion + level 1 talent) or 4 talents?
    A117: It is not normal for characters to have multiple casting traditions (it is an optional rule found on page 161). From my understanding of such, your example character would have 4 magic talents for the incanter and 3 magic talents + Illusion sphere. This is because the Multiple Traditions section says they gain "an entirely separate set of spheres, talents, caster level, spell points..."

    Q118: Does craft staff really still have a CL requirement of 11? That seems very high for what staves have become in SoP.
    A118: Gear of Power is working to change the harshness of the Caster Level prerequisites of many of the crafting feats, but as of right now, yes.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Q 119: Is Incanter supposed to be as insane of a dip as I think it is? 1 level in it can get you 5 Cleric Domains and progress your normal spellcasting (with an extra talent (compared to a normal high-caster) to boot!), for example.

    Q 120: The Mage archetype for the Incanter seems poorly designed. You sack your future bonus feats for some immediate bonuses... but aren't penalized for just PrC'ing or mutliclassing out. Why not?
    Last edited by ATHATH; 2017-03-19 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
    Side Note: I now want to set up a world were there is a cold war going on. Instead of nukes everyone is on edge about a snake-tsunami.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephonim View Post
    I'm a fool.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by ATHATH View Post
    Q 119: Is Incanter supposed to be as insane of a dip as I think it is? 1 level in it can get you 5 Cleric Domains and an extra talent (compared to a normal high-caster), for example.
    Not as much as you think; all of those are limited by class level, not character level. So a <insert class here> 19/Incanter 1 that traded out all the bonus feats for, say, channeling and a sphere specialization, they will only have a channel that does 1d6. Sure it's better than a feat you weren't going to stick around to get, but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Not as much as you think; all of those are limited by class level, not character level. So a <insert class here> 19/Incanter 1 that traded out all the bonus feats for, say, channeling and a sphere specialization, they will only have a channel that does 1d6. Sure it's better than a feat you weren't going to stick around to get, but not by much.
    Aren't there Cleric Domains and such that function independently of character level? 3.5, at least, has an entire handbook devoted to dipping Cleric 1 (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...p?topic=2773.0).

    Also, I think I ninja-edited my previous post before you responded.

    Thanks for the quick response, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
    Side Note: I now want to set up a world were there is a cold war going on. Instead of nukes everyone is on edge about a snake-tsunami.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephonim View Post
    I'm a fool.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by ATHATH View Post
    Aren't there Cleric Domains and such that function independently of character level? 3.5, at least, has an entire handbook devoted to dipping Cleric 1 (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...p?topic=2773.0).

    Also, I think I ninja-edited my previous post before you responded.

    Thanks for the quick response, by the way.
    You did notice the text right underneath where it said "This archetype is from Worlds of Power, and is not part of the normal options available to Spherecasters.", right? Because there are in-universe reasons for that. It's like asking why you can't be a Red Wizard of Thay in Forgotten Realms.

    As for domains, no. I'd have to double check each one to be sure, but in pathfinder, a domain gives you a 1st level granted power and a 6th or 8th level one. Some of them are useable 3+ Wisdom mod/day, while others are cleric level +3/day, so there are ones that are better to nab than others, but anything that cares about class level is restricted to 1st level.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    The Incanter is an insane 1 level dip. While domain powers are weak for the most part, some of them give a bonus feat (like Blind Fight from Darkness) or other fairly good permanent bonus at 1st level (like +10 ft. speed from Travel) while specialization gives +1 caster level with one sphere and increases the magic talents gained to 3.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PandorasBox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Q999) Are the Hedgewitch Amateur *Tradition* secrets intended to allow access to normal secrets only or are they also intended to allow access to grand secrets at an appropriate level? I assume the former, but I'd like a more official interpretation.

    Edit: I was not aware of question numbering when I posted. Sorry! I tried to add one later but it was causing confusion, so I picked an overly large number. Sorry for the complication.
    Last edited by PandorasBox; 2017-03-21 at 08:43 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Korea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    I won't number the following question, as I'm so sure SOMEBODY must have made something similar in a past thread;

    Does the CL-Chart for spheres like Conjuration or Destruction continue after its boundary, for the sake of classes like the Incanter or the Thaumaturge?

    Like, your companion getting 16 HDs or the basic destructive blast dealing 11d6 bludgeon damage. Would it work like that?

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Outside
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    I have several questions about the Blaster archetype for the Armorist.

    Q121) When a blaster gains a second bound weapon at fifth level, can they bind a second arm cannon? Can they bind another weapon like a standard Armorist? Can they bind armor and staves at the appropriate levels? Basically, what exactly does the arm cannon replace?

    Q122) Can a blaster summon the arm cannon while transformed via the Alteration sphere (assuming they have a free limb)?

    Q123) For the purposes of Two-Weapon Fighting and such, does the arm cannon count as a one-handed or light weapon?

    Q124) Was the class intentionally written to be unable to apply talents like Cascade Failure with its arm cannon, or were those feats just written later?

    Q125) In general, where are the ranged enhancements in the Armorist class? I see Distance is an option, but I was expecting Designating and Seeking to show up as well. Second Chance and Nimble Shot would be nice too.

    My friend is planning a WWI-era campaign, and I want to play a Blaster that can keep up with the Gunslingers and Trench Fighters.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lirya View Post
    The Incanter is an insane 1 level dip. While domain powers are weak for the most part, some of them give a bonus feat (like Blind Fight from Darkness) or other fairly good permanent bonus at 1st level (like +10 ft. speed from Travel) while specialization gives +1 caster level with one sphere and increases the magic talents gained to 3.
    Also, you get to add Knowledge(all) to your skill list, and if you're playing something with a chosen casting ability, you can switch it.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Q126 ) Aligned Protection drawback. If you have this, Barrier from the Protection Sphere becomes a one-way forcefield for you, at the cost of only protecting you from opposite-alignment foes (and still blocking your opposite-alignment allies) . Correct?

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Q126 ) Aligned Protection drawback. If you have this, Barrier from the Protection Sphere becomes a one-way forcefield for you, at the cost of only protecting you from opposite-alignment foes (and still blocking your opposite-alignment allies) . Correct?
    A126) Yes, that is correct. So if you are good and know that you will be facing nothing but evil undead or outsiders, than Aligned Protection is great, in other adventures however, you may find the drawback to be an actual drawback as you may often come across more neutral enemies (such as constructs, animals, etc).

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Segev's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    I finally managed to read the rules a bit. I'm not entirely sure what I think of it; it's got potential, but still feels a lot like casting spells from a spontaneous list. That said, I'm trying to toy with it.

    One thing that occurred to me, looking at necromancy, was the question of how, aside from being able to use "channel energy" -> "command undead," does one bring undead under one's control? This is particularly relevant for intelligent undead one might create. If this has been asked and answered before, my apologies; I have not followed these threads page by page. A reference to the original answer would be sufficient if people don't want to re-write it.

    Q127) How would you recreate the command undead and control undead spells? I know there are both Ritual and Spellcraft abilities, but I am not sure how you'd put these together with either of them. Can it be cone with sphere powers alone?



    The best answer I've been able to come up with is creating a "drawback" akin to the "animal empathy" one for Mind:

    Necromaster: You can use the Mind sphere on the undead, despite their usual immunity to mind-affecting effects, but cannot use it on any other kind of creature. You do not get a bonus Talent for taking this Drawback.


    The only other solution I can think of is applying Threnodic Spell to every mind effect you use. But that both makes it much more expensive, and means your "necromancer" is also essentially an enchantress.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I finally managed to read the rules a bit. I'm not entirely sure what I think of it; it's got potential, but still feels a lot like casting spells from a spontaneous list. That said, I'm trying to toy with it.

    One thing that occurred to me, looking at necromancy, was the question of how, aside from being able to use "channel energy" -> "command undead," does one bring undead under one's control? This is particularly relevant for intelligent undead one might create. If this has been asked and answered before, my apologies; I have not followed these threads page by page. A reference to the original answer would be sufficient if people don't want to re-write it.

    Q127) How would you recreate the command undead and control undead spells? I know there are both Ritual and Spellcraft abilities, but I am not sure how you'd put these together with either of them. Can it be cone with sphere powers alone?



    The best answer I've been able to come up with is creating a "drawback" akin to the "animal empathy" one for Mind:

    Necromaster: You can use the Mind sphere on the undead, despite their usual immunity to mind-affecting effects, but cannot use it on any other kind of creature. You do not get a bonus Talent for taking this Drawback.


    The only other solution I can think of is applying Threnodic Spell to every mind effect you use. But that both makes it much more expensive, and means your "necromancer" is also essentially an enchantress.
    C127 well buddy its maybe more like I conjure my elite skeletons for major power since conjuration makes mooks from scratch like you always wanted and if remember correctly guy in the expended options book uses same method you are thinking aka raising huge number of undead to attack village with her partner but when things go sought he pops his elite mooks via conjuration sphere( his intelligent undead) and sends them to handle the mages giving them trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Segev's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Does it strike anybody else as dissatisfying when the answer to "how to play a necromancer" is "don't; be a conjuror instead, because they do undead minions better?"

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Does it strike anybody else as dissatisfying when the answer to "how to play a necromancer" is "don't; be a conjuror instead, because they do undead minions better?"
    well if you want you can home brew spheres of power forbidden magic handbook and add the talents you need but if every one agrees lets open that handbook in home brew sub forum so i can also add some proper mind talents for big bad needs( we realy need nope you are not casting<inseart spell name> you are pulling seppuku mr. wizard san talents).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Segev's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    well if you want you can home brew spheres of power forbidden magic handbook and add the talents you need but if every one agrees lets open that handbook in home brew sub forum so i can also add some proper mind talents for big bad needs( we realy need nope you are not casting<inseart spell name> you are pulling seppuku mr. wizard san talents).
    I'm not sure you're appreciating my point. While I referenced a homebrew potential Drawback, I was not asking how to alter Spheres of Power to do something it currently doesn't. I was asking how to use it to play a fairly classic archetype. My response to your first reply was more a hope that I was reading you wrong and that you weren't suggesting that Necromancy just is so poorly done in Spheres of Power that you should play a Conjuror if you want to do proper Necromancy.

    Frankly, I hadn't had that thought until you brought it up. The fact that a Death Sphere wielder CAN make minions at level 1 was intriguing, albeit of limited use (as is not surprising for level 1 access to nearly any fun toys).

    Edit to add: I'm hoping somebody might chime in with observations or suggestions along the lines of, "No, of course you can do it. Just use this and this option with these Talents and you're good to go."
    Last edited by Segev; 2017-03-21 at 10:58 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I'm not sure you're appreciating my point. While I referenced a homebrew potential Drawback, I was not asking how to alter Spheres of Power to do something it currently doesn't. I was asking how to use it to play a fairly classic archetype. My response to your first reply was more a hope that I was reading you wrong and that you weren't suggesting that Necromancy just is so poorly done in Spheres of Power that you should play a Conjuror if you want to do proper Necromancy.

    Frankly, I hadn't had that thought until you brought it up. The fact that a Death Sphere wielder CAN make minions at level 1 was intriguing, albeit of limited use (as is not surprising for level 1 access to nearly any fun toys).

    Edit to add: I'm hoping somebody might chime in with observations or suggestions along the lines of, "No, of course you can do it. Just use this and this option with these Talents and you're good to go."
    they are expending the sphere system so few unique fixes cant hurt as long as some one from the team agrees plus answers has A in them not C aka i was commenting not answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Segev's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    they are expending the sphere system so few unique fixes cant hurt as long as some one from the team agrees plus answers has A in them not C aka i was commenting not answering.
    Ah, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding your notation. I'm just touchy when it comes to necromancy not working, as it is so often done poorly.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    There is a command undead Ghost Strike that works on intelligent undead. It doesn't give you permanent control, just makes them friendly for 1 minute/CL.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    So I have been seeing people making spellcrafting combinations with steal time and Mana siphon.

    Q128
    So would you be able to spellcraft steal time and Mana siphon to telekinesis sphere effects(affects?)? If so would it apply to ever bludgeon or attack you do with the telekinetic items/weapons?

    Q129
    Would spellcrafting Mana siphon to a spell require adding the base destruction sphere to the spell?

    I am looking at doing a soaring blade armoring. That is a mage killer, by stun locking mages
    Last edited by LudoDiamonte; 2017-03-22 at 08:17 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Segev's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
    There is a command undead Ghost Strike that works on intelligent undead. It doesn't give you permanent control, just makes them friendly for 1 minute/CL.
    So the worst combination of control undead and command undead: short duration and limited control. Is there a way to actually play a master of the undead? (Admittedly, this is next to impossible in base D&D's spell system, as well.)

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    So the worst combination of control undead and command undead: short duration and limited control. Is there a way to actually play a master of the undead? (Admittedly, this is next to impossible in base D&D's spell system, as well.)
    Well, Soul Weavers are actually pretty good at being necromancers, but for what you want, I would suggest using the Spell Dabbler feat (Player's Guide to Skybourne, pg 45) or else wait until the Death sphere handbook gets released, which will expand on content for the Death sphere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •