New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Q44: What do you think of the following Drawbacks?

Wish-granter (lesser): In order to cast, someone else must have audibly expressed a wish, desire or need that your casting will wholly or partially fulfill. Examples: "kill them", "we need cover" or "I'm hungry". Out of combat, anything expressed within the last few minutes is fair game. In combat, only wishes expressed in combat or immediately leading up to are valid. In either case, once you start granting a wish, you can continue to do so, or you can grant wishes expressed after your action, but granting one wish voids all wishes heard before that. This drawback can be circumvented with Silent Spell.

Wish-granter (greater): As the lesser version, but the phrase must be expressed as an order, wish or request; the examples above become "kill them", get us some cover", or "I wish I had some food". Also, the wisher must be mortal (not Outsider, Construct or Undead) and not under the Wish-granter's control, and the drawback can not be circumvented.
    A44 I prefer to keep my genie team mate either in her bottle or some sort of way that only my party can use it. this is kind a to dangerous in the middle of combat its to easy to hear the words " I wish ......" then its dc 10 int save to understand you got a genie in the capture able range and the only thing you need some combat talents to keep it cced until fight ends then its up to up to last wish you ever need .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Kentama View Post
    One specific instance of this that stands out is incanter...

I'm working on a character now who's part incanter (warp focus), monk, fey adept, shifter, symbiat, and thaumaturge. It's all still in early design stages but I've never seen such a disparate multiclass build in pathfinder seem so promising
    From what I've seen, most if not all full/high casters would take a level in Incanter for the +1 caster level within the specialization school.
    The specialization bonuses are either gained at later levels, or are +1 per 2 Incanter levels.

Still, if you specialize in Warp and are a high/full caster at level 9, you count as level 10 in the Warp sphere. That's very useful.

The whole Magic Attack Bonus system, akin to Base Attack Bonus, promotes multiclassing with casters just like a martial could go Fighter 4 and Barbarian 4, and fight like a level 8 not a level 4 in one style and a level 4 in another style of combat.

Interesting build
    ~ Ualaa

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Q45: How does Energy Snake (Destroyers Handbook) work when it hits a clump of enemies? Like say if it initially hits the 1st enemy, can you then cause it to extend into another square with an enemy, and so on?
    Q46: How does energy sphere work with Blast types that leave behind hazards? (Such as Razor Blast)
    Last edited by Giddonihah; 2017-01-21 at 04:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Q47

The Dual Channeler "counts as worshipping any deity and possessing any alignment when meeting the prerequisites for channeling feats."

Does this apply to Variant Channeling, allowing them to select any option?
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2017-01-22 at 05:46 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Various Character Examples
    Would you mind doing a shifter of advanced level (aka 6+)?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I've not built, nor had one of my player's play, a Shifter before.
    Not sure if this is the best approach.

Used a standard 20-point buy and standard wealth by level (33,000gp).

Took a level in Monk, and then went Shifter 7.

Stats include... Alteration (Shapeshift):
    - Fire Elemental transformation
    - One size smaller (could go two)
    - Natural Armor +2 (from Plant Transformation)

I put points into Conjuration, and took a (base form) Shadow... with defensive talents pet...
    +Armor Class, +Dexterity (Attack & AC)...
    For a flank...

Forgot a talent, I normally lean towards +Initiative (Reactionary +2) unless I have a build direction.

Shifter, Level 8
    Male ophiduan unchained monk 1/shifter 7 (Pathfinder Unchained 14)
    CG Small humanoid (reptilian)
    Init +10 (+2 with Reactionary); Senses Perception +20
    --------------------
    Defense
    --------------------
    AC 30, touch 25, flat-footed 20 (+9 Dex, +1 dodge, +5 natural, +1 size, +4 Wis)
    hp 68 (8 HD; 7d8+1d10+23)
    Fort +9, Ref +16, Will +6; +2 racial bonus vs poison.
    Defensive Abilities evasion, fortification 25%; Resist fire 7
    Weaknesses beast soul, elongated summoning, limited restoration, lycanthropic, prepared caster, somatic casting, somatic casting
    --------------------
    Offense
    --------------------
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee unarmed strike +14/+14/+9 (1d4+13) or
    . . 2 slams +14 (1d4+13)
    Special Attacks enhanced attacks (magic), enhanced attacks (silver/cold iron), flurry of blows (unchained), stunning fist (2/day, DC 18)
    --------------------
    Statistics
    --------------------
    Str 11, Dex 28, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8
    Base Atk +6; CMB +3; CMD 29
    Feats Cantrips, Deadly Agility, Dodge, Endurance, Extra Magic Talent, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Stunning Fist, Weapon Finesse, Wild Talent
    Skills Acrobatics +9 (+13 to jump), Fly +15, Perception +20, Sense Motive +12, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +29, Survival +15 (+20 when tracking)
    Languages Common, Ophidian; steal language
    SQ armored companion (form), bestial traits (bestial speed 10 ft., evasion), boon companion (form), casting, cure, deformed, elemental transformation, greater healing, greater summoning, greater transformation, invigorate, lingering companion (form), lingering transformation (3 rounds), magic skill bonus, magic skill defense, plant transformation, quick companion (form), quick transformation, serpent's bite, shapeshifter, shapeshifting, size change, summon, wild empathy
    Combat Gear Spherestaff of Life +1; Other Gear belt of incredible dexterity +4, cloak of elvenkind, cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone, handy haversack, headband of inspired wisdom +2, lenses of detection, ring of sustenance
    --------------------
    Special Abilities
    --------------------
    Alteration: Elemental Transformation You can give your shapeshift target the elemental form
    Alteration: Greater Transformation You can give your shapeshift target an extra trait
    Alteration: Plant Transformation You can give your shapeshift target the plant form
    Alteration: Shapeshifting (3 traits) You can bestow the Blank Form
    Alteration: Size Change (+/- 2 size cat.) You can change the size of your shapeshift target
    Beast Soul You cannot bestow the Blank Form
    Bestial speed (10 feet) (Ex) Increase your base move speed by 10 ft.
    Cantrips You can create a variety of small magical effects
    Casting (CL 5, Wisdom, DC 14) You can cast sphere effects.
    Conjuration: Armored Companion (Companion) Companion gains +2 armor bonus, +1/odd HD
    Conjuration: Boon Companion (Companion) Companion gains HD as if your CL were 5 higher
    Conjuration: Greater Summoning Companion remains for 10 minutes/CL when you spend a SP
    Conjuration: Lingering Companion (Companion) Companion can remain longer for additional SP
    Conjuration: Quick Companion (Companion) Companion gains +2 DEX, +1 per 2 HD
    Conjuration: Summon Summon a creature that follows your commands
    Deadly Agility Use Dex for damage with light and finesse weapons
    Deformed Part of the ophiduan history involved experimenting on their physical form to create a superior caste. Unfortunate bloodlines of ophiduans are instead twisted versions of the race, when the improvement caused an unexpected side-effect. Ophiduans with
    Elongated Summoning Summoning a creature requires 1 minute of concentrated effort, rather than only a standard action.
    Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
    Energy Resistance, Fire (1) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
    Enhanced Attacks (Magic) (Su) Your natural attacks count as magic for overcoming DR
    Enhanced Attacks (Silver/Cold Iron) (Su) Your natural attacks count as silver and cold iron for overcoming DR
    Evasion (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead.
    Flurry of Blows (Unchained) (Ex) As full-rd action, gain extra attacks with unarmed strike/monk weapons.
    Fortification 25% You have a chance to negate critical hits on attacks.
    Improved Unarmed Strike Unarmed strikes don't cause attacks of opportunity, and can be lethal.
    Life: Cure 1d8+12 Heal a target for 1d8+12 hit points
    Life: Greater Healing Your cure heals 1 additional HP per caster level
    Life: Invigorate (Up to 6 temp HP) Grant up to 6 temporary HP to an injured target
    Limited Restoration (Restore banned) You lose access to either restore or cure/invigorate
    Lingering Transformation (3 rounds) Shapeshifts on yourself last longer
    Lycanthropic You can only target yourself with your shapeshift ability
    MSB +7 Use for counterspelling, concentration, caster level checks, and beating SR
    MSD 18 Use when defending against an MSB check
    Power Attack -2/+4 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
    Prepared Caster You must assign your spell points to spheres prior to using them
    Quick Transformation Apply and maintain shapeshift on yourself as a move action
    Serpent's Bite (Ps) Once per day, an ophiduan can alter his jaws, gaining a bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage, plus an extra 1d8 points of damage per five character levels beyond 1st. This effect lasts for 1 minute. The manifester level is equal to the ophidua
    Shapeshifter Gain Alteration as a bonus sphere, and use your class level as caster level with Destruction
    Somatic Casting You must have at least 1 hand free to use magic, and may be susceptible to ASF
    Somatic Casting You must have at least 1 hand free to use magic, and may be susceptible to ASF
    Steal Language (Su) Touch a target to learn one of its languages for 24 hours
    Stunning Fist (2/day, DC 18) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
    Stunning Fist Helper This is a dummy ability to add an extra entry for the stunning fist feat in another section of the statblock (since it is shown with a different name in the two places, we can't use sbName).
    Wild Empathy +7 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
    Wild Talent (2/Power Points) You are a psionic character and gain 2 power points.
    --------------------
    Alteration: Fire Elemental, -1 Size, +2 Natural Armor (Plant Transformation).

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
    Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.
    Last edited by Ualaa; 2017-01-24 at 12:41 AM.
    ~ Ualaa

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    The Shifter Build
    Thanks. I'm glad I wasn't missing anything. I asked to make sure I understood what I was doing. I was pretty close.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Q49: When teleporting someone else by using the Ranged Teleport talent, does the distance I can teleport them start from where I am, or from where they start?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q50: When choosing the shape or energy focus drawback for the destruction sphere. Can I still use the untyped blast and the regular touch attack ?
    english not base lenguage, sry for the grammar, thanks.

Kael Proudmoure, Swifblade (avatar by Loki Eremes)
    Unlimited arcane technique: Spell, Sword, and Fist.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Q49: When teleporting someone else by using the Ranged Teleport talent, does the distance I can teleport them start from where I am, or from where they start?
    A49

So, technically Warp doesn't have a maximum distance it can teleport something. It is, however, limited to a certain range from yourself. This may sound like a picky distinction, but it matters when you're teleporting someone else. Because its limited by range from you rather than having a distance, you can't ever teleport someone outside of that Close/Medium/Long range from yourself. On the other hand, you could teleport someone at the very edge of your range to the very other edge of your range, effectively teleporting them twice the distance you could ever cover yourself (since you're always in the center of your range).

Think of it like a sphere that emanates from your caster. Anything you teleport can go anywhere else inside that sphere, but never outside it.

Does that make sense?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giddonihah View Post
    Q45: How does Energy Snake (Destroyers Handbook) work when it hits a clump of enemies? Like say if it initially hits the 1st enemy, can you then cause it to extend into another square with an enemy, and so on?
    Q46: How does energy sphere work with Blast types that leave behind hazards? (Such as Razor Blast)
    A45: an energy snake could be extended into an occupied square, forcing a reflex save. If enemies are arranged properly, you can keep doing this until you run out of enemies or one makes a save.
    A46: If the energy sphere is in the 5 ft. cube just above the ground, it would leave the difficult terrain as normal. If it is higher, no effect, since I believe it is not intended to form crystals that float in mid air.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilvento View Post
    Q50: When choosing the shape or energy focus drawback for the destruction sphere. Can I still use the untyped blast and the regular touch attack ?
    A50:Yes, the base blast type and shape are valid selections.
    Last edited by stack; 2017-01-24 at 04:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Thanks, but also sory cause my 1st question was a bit vague.

Q51:When choosing the shape or energy focus drawback for the destruction sphere. Can I still use the untyped blast and the regular touch attack? Example I chose fire as the energy type but I can still use the untyped blast since it is "untyped", yeah ... my players do like exploit RAW a lot.
    english not base lenguage, sry for the grammar, thanks.

Kael Proudmoure, Swifblade (avatar by Loki Eremes)
    Unlimited arcane technique: Spell, Sword, and Fist.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Q51:When choosing the shape or energy focus drawback for the destruction sphere. Can I still use the untyped blast and the regular touch attack? Example I chose fire as the energy type but I can still use the untyped blast since it is "untyped", yeah ... my players do like exploit RAW a lot.
    Base destructive blasts deal bludgeoning damage; same as a mace. It still counts as magic for DR purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

A51:No, if you take the drawback for a shape or type, you no longer possess the base shape or type.
    Last edited by stack; 2017-01-24 at 05:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Q52: What exactly is the point of the Variable Barrel Geometry arsenal trick for the Blaster archetype? The Arm Cannon class feature already states that "he may nonetheless augment his arm cannon with (blast type) and (blast shape) talents", so it seems to just waste a trick to do a thing you could already do and slow it down to a full-round action compared to just doing Charged Shot and then using a blast shape normally.

Q53: Speaking of Charged Shot on the Blaster, is it even necessary? Again the Arm Cannon class features says, "In all other ways, the arm cannon counts as a destructive blast from the Destruction sphere". To my reading that means you can already spend a spell point to increase the damage to one die per level anyways.

Basically comes down to two abilities that seem redundant unless there's supposed to be more restrictions in Arm Cannon than it currently has.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Q52: What exactly is the point of the Variable Barrel Geometry arsenal trick for the Blaster archetype? The Arm Cannon class feature already states that "he may nonetheless augment his arm cannon with (blast type) and (blast shape) talents", so it seems to just waste a trick to do a thing you could already do and slow it down to a full-round action compared to just doing Charged Shot and then using a blast shape normally.

Q53: Speaking of Charged Shot on the Blaster, is it even necessary? Again the Arm Cannon class features says, "In all other ways, the arm cannon counts as a destructive blast from the Destruction sphere". To my reading that means you can already spend a spell point to increase the damage to one die per level anyways.

Basically comes down to two abilities that seem redundant unless there's supposed to be more restrictions in Arm Cannon than it currently has.
    A52:You normally can apply blast shapes, yes. But they are locked at the low damage progression of the hand cannon (1d6+1d6 at 5th and every 4 levels after). This trick essentially gives you the ability to use a shape with gather energy using your class level as CL, so you can put shapes to better use. Normally spamming shapes on a full attack is too expensive, since you pay per attack and get poor damage out of it (unless you are using a free shape, such as explosive orb using the reduced cost option of the improved explosive orb feat to make your arm cannon a mini grenade launcher).

A53: It lets you make a single, larger attack while on the move (so you can spend a spell point to get a bigger attack if you can't full attack).

So the confusion seems to stem from the damage being locked. "The arm cannon is a ranged weapon that makes ranged touch attacks, and deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage +1d6 at 5th level and every four levels beyond 5th." The later portion about applying shapes and talents doesn't change that.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    So the confusion seems to stem from the damage being locked. "The arm cannon is a ranged weapon that makes ranged touch attacks, and deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage +1d6 at 5th level and every four levels beyond 5th." The later portion about applying shapes and talents doesn't change that.
    It states that it still counts as destructive blast in all other ways and doesn't state that you are unable to do the "You may spend 1 spell point when making a destructive blast to increase the damage dealt to one damage die per caster level" part of destructive blast. I'm not trying to say you're wrong obviously since you wrote it, but to me there is a serious disconnect in the written rules and what is clearly your intent from your response. It's just too bad that Charged Shot is a standard action and not an Attack Action, would have been fun to combine it with Spheres of Might stuff.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

I believe the word 'other' is key here. After defining its damage, it is in all other ways like a destructive blast. I don't see how it could be read to allow you to increase the damage by spending a spell point, especially when the next paragraph specifically states that the arm cannon is not directly tied to the armorist's caster level.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

I believe the word 'other' is key here. After defining its damage, it is in all other ways like a destructive blast.
    But to me the ability to spend a spell point to augment a destructive blast's damage is separate from its regular damage, whether the every odd level of regular blasts or the reduced one of the Arm Cannon. The other thing is that Doomblade specifically calls out the inability to increase damage to one die per level, so the absence of that in Arm Cannon made me think it might have been intentional, until I saw Charged Shot and went, "Wait a minute, then what's the point of this arsenal trick?".
    I don't see how it could be read to allow you to increase the damage by spending a spell point, especially when the next paragraph specifically states that the arm cannon is not directly tied to the armorist's caster level.
    It may not be directly tied to the armorist's caster level, but it certainly has "a caster level equal to the armorist’s level".

I want to be clear that I get what you're saying, I just think it's not as clear in the text as you think it is, at least to my reading.

20. - Top - End - #110

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Q47

The Dual Channeler "counts as worshipping any deity and possessing any alignment when meeting the prerequisites for channeling feats."

Does this apply to Variant Channeling, allowing them to select any option?
    It seems like this question was skipped. I'm new here, so I don't suppose there's a reason?

At any rate, I have another question:

Q54: The Thaumaturge can use two archetypes simultaneously, the Devourer archetype and the Pact Mage Archetype.

From the Devourer:
    "Whenever the devourer scores a confirmed critical hit against a living enemy or reduces a living enemy to 0 or fewer hit points, he can steal some of that creature’s energy. The devourer may use his forbidden lore the next round without any fear of backlash."

From the Pact Mage (Infernal Pact):
    "Dark Lore: At 14th level, when using forbidden lore, you may use an invocation to increase your forbidden lore bonus by +4 and negate the need to roll for failure. However, after completing your action, you automatically suffer backlash penalty."

Can these two be used together? If so, do you suffer backlash penalty?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Dual channeled question was probably missed since Amber and I can't speak authoritatively on intent there. Probably have to wait for Adam to get that one.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hi there.

I have a player who wants to make a Mageknight focused on Telekinesis (basically a Jedi). I'm trying to make an archetype for Mageknight similar to the Flying Blade for the Armorist, where he can be a High-Caster for Telekinesis.

Currently, my plan is:

Lose: Medium armor proficiency, Resist Magic

Gain: Full-Caster progression for Telekinesis only.

Does that seem fair?

Player is going to be a Halfling, so I figure with Powerful Telekinesis he can throw his weapon around at level 1 and himself by level 3.

Also, he wants to Force Choke people. I was looking at the Telekinetic Crush talent, and I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. I think it's an extension of Hostile Lift, correct? In that case, would he be limited to using it on things he can lift? He won't get to lifting Medium-sized enemies until level 5, which seems like a while to wait.

Finally, one bit of errata: There's a Mageknight Mystic Combat called Mystic Might. As written, it increases your size category to Large regardless of your current size, which works a little strangely with Small (or smaller!) races.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, I find myself in kinda a bind.

One of my players wants to play a "Plantomancer" a character that sculpts plants and uses them to create magic tech and such.

The problem for me is where this intersects between Living (Alteration Sphere), Object (Creation Sphere) or Plant (Nature Sphere).

Does he use animate object to replicate this? When they are animated do they heal with heal? Or mend?

Its all very confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

I have a question about the Dark sphere

Do the negative effects from talents like snagging/looming/hungry darkness effect the caster as well? Do you need to take the Clearsight talent and cast it on yourself to avoid these effects?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Q55: The alchemist discovery "Hedgewitch Secret" states "The alchemist may gain a hedgewitch secret, having an effective hedgewitch level equal to its alchemist level. The alchemist must have sphere casting capability in order to select this discovery. You may select this alchemist discovery multiple times, each time selecting a different hedgewitch secret."

The rogue talent version states "A rogue with this talent may gain a hedgewitch non-tradition secret, having an effective hedgewitch level equal to its rogue level. You may select this rogue talent multiple times, each time selecting a different hedgewitch secret. A rogue must be able to use sphere talents and abilities to select this talent."

Does this distinction mean that, for example, a Rogue with casting could not take Priestly Initiate followed by Extra Healing, but that an Alchemist could?
    Last edited by Aoleleb; 2017-02-04 at 12:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Hi there.

I have a player who wants to make a Mageknight focused on Telekinesis (basically a Jedi). I'm trying to make an archetype for Mageknight similar to the Flying Blade for the Armorist, where he can be a High-Caster for Telekinesis.

Currently, my plan is:

Lose: Medium armor proficiency, Resist Magic

Gain: Full-Caster progression for Telekinesis only.

Does that seem fair?

Player is going to be a Halfling, so I figure with Powerful Telekinesis he can throw his weapon around at level 1 and himself by level 3.

Also, he wants to Force Choke people. I was looking at the Telekinetic Crush talent, and I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. I think it's an extension of Hostile Lift, correct? In that case, would he be limited to using it on things he can lift? He won't get to lifting Medium-sized enemies until level 5, which seems like a while to wait.

Finally, one bit of errata: There's a Mageknight Mystic Combat called Mystic Might. As written, it increases your size category to Large regardless of your current size, which works a little strangely with Small (or smaller!) races.
    The general rule for granting full-casting is that it costs 1 feat to grant full-casting with one sphere for a mid-caster, or you can grant full-casting with one function of a sphere (if it has multiple functions) to a low-caster. Logically, granting full-casting with one sphere to a low-caster is 2 feats, but this is generally considered bad design. Low-casters should really not be relying on sphere abilities except for utility functions, a specialized caster is usually a mid-caster with full-casting in 1 sphere.

I think the best way to get what you want is to replace Resist Magic with a series of telekinetic supernatural powers. Don't make him a full-caster, just give him the abilities you want directly. Level 1: dancing sword. Level 5: telekinetic jumping. Level 9: telekinetic bull rush/hostile lift. Level 13: Levitation. Level 17: force choke. Each level of resist magic is, in my mind, worth a feat by itself, or close to it (compare it to Iron Will, +2 to one saving throw or +1 to all saves versus a very common attack type).

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well. I actually was a bit curious/confused about one of the lines from the Armorist.

Note, quote taken from the Wiki

Beginning at 10th level, the armorist may also place weapon enhancements on her staffs and staff enhancements on her weapons.
    I was curious as to whether you could take bound equipment twice for the same item... Let me explain what I mean.

Let's say I have a level 10 human armorist looking to take a staff as his next bound item.

Could he instead use the bound item slot to gain the benefits of the staff with his longsword?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Question 56: Do racial hit dice count as levels for the purpose of Advanced Magical Training? For example could a Shadow Mastiff with the Basic Magical Training in Darkness take Advanced Magical Training to increase his CL to 3?
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Question 57A? How was the "Create Creature" Spellcraft ability made? I can't wrap my head around how the spheres, complexity and duraction combined in order to reach the desired effect.

edit:

Question 57b?: I just noticed that Im unsure of what qualifies as talent worthy of increasing complexity. The grow Plants extra ability for Armor of Vines didn't qaulify the ability for Complexity 3, whilst for the blessing of time Improved haste did.

Also Blessing of Times misconnect in the duration icreased its spellpoint cost, whilst not doing the same for Armor of Vines.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2017-02-04 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Question 56: Do racial hit dice count as levels for the purpose of Advanced Magical Training? For example could a Shadow Mastiff with the Basic Magical Training in Darkness take Advanced Magical Training to increase his CL to 3?
    A56: The feat says that levels in a spellcasting class do not count for AMT. So it solely depends if the Shadow Mastiff has racial spellcasting or not. Considering that only some monsters of the bestiary in the Wizards Academy book have this property, I do not see a reason why AMT doesn't work as suggested for the Shadow Mastiff. The answer would be different for e.g. the unicorn conversion, it counts as a High-Caster itself.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"