New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    C97 So yes and no. yes you can do it and no you must use spesific archtype to do it.
    C97: As of preview 3, conjuration companions can access SoM material via feats (just like everyone else).

In the future, there will likely be additional avenues, such as (form) talents or companion archetypes. These additional avenues may include a class archetype that shares its SoM talents with its conjuration companion.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaran View Post
    Thanks for the response. I wanted to add that I got the War Handbook a couple days ago (I believe you wrote it?) and I loved it! War was my least favorite sphere in the core book, and you totally turned that around. The rest of my group felt the same, there's so many cool ideas in there.
    Thanks, I'm glad people are reading it!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q98: Are there any methods by which one could be able to lessen the extra casting time increase on spells with metamagics. At first I thought admixture savant could go around this with admixture pools but they could only go around the time increase of admixture feats. For purpose of this question, I do know you could just slap quickened spell into the set to make it faster, but that'll probably cost as much by itself as 2-3 metamagics. This doesn't really become a major issue unless you stack metamagics, but I'd like to know for sake of curiosity.

Q99: If incanter (or sphere sorcerer) takes the bloodline set of powers from arcane bloodline, and chooses an item over a familiar as their arcane bond. How does the ability the bond normally grants that lets them cast 1 spell from any level per day work for sphere casters. Would it be regarded as just 1 extra floating spellpoint?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xararion View Post
    Q98: Are there any methods by which one could be able to lessen the extra casting time increase on spells with metamagics. At first I thought admixture savant could go around this with admixture pools but they could only go around the time increase of admixture feats. For purpose of this question, I do know you could just slap quickened spell into the set to make it faster, but that'll probably cost as much by itself as 2-3 metamagics. This doesn't really become a major issue unless you stack metamagics, but I'd like to know for sake of curiosity.
    A98: From what I can tell metamagic in spheres of power is balanced around the casting time increase. Removing or mitigating the casting time increase could potentially break the system; But like you said, if you REALLY need to decrease the casting time, use Quicken Spell and/or stack Quicken Spell with other metamagics, after all it isn't all that difficult to get a bunch of spell points or reduce the spell point cost of specific metamagic feats.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Q99 If I use the hedgewitch spiritualist ability to gain the conjuration sphere (or the extra conjuration talen), do I gained a summon? Since it written that you summon a creature you must make a pact with it. Is this part just flavor?

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by Gobliin View Post
    Q100 If I use the hedgewitch spiritualist ability to gain the conjuration sphere (or the extra conjuration talen), do I gained a summon? Since it written that you summon a creature you must make a pact with it. Is this part just flavor?
    A100 I believe that the pact is mostly flavor. So yes, you should be able gain a companion that can be summoned.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Q101 How exactly does the Hostile Anchor mystic combat ability from the Kinetic Scourge operate?

Does it work on any enemy with a fly speed or only those that are currently flying? What is stopping a player from targeting an ally with it? The ability is based on Tether Adept, which deals no damage to the anchoring object, and the descriptor of enemy for valid target seems strange to me.

8. - Top - End - #248

Q102. How long does it take to use Spellcrafting to create a spell, and as a corollary, when does its creator "learn it" for the purposes of having the ability to cast it (IE Immediately after completion, next time they would gain a new talent, etc)?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Question 103

2 destruction/admixture questions

a)Lets say I use Admixture to make a blistering(any creature damaged by the attack suffers a -2 to fort saves) and drowning(any creature damaged by the attack must pass a fort save or be nauseated for a round) destructive blast. Would the penalty to the victim's fort save from blistering apply to the fort save they make that very same turn against drowning?

b)Lets say I use Ghostly Admixture to make an Exhausting Strike (unit must pass a fort save or be exhausted) Crystal Blast (Unit must pass a reflex save or be entangled) and also apply the metamagic feats dazing spell (Target is also dazed if they fail the save from a spell, or makes a will save if the spell did not have a save attached already) and Persistent spell (the target must pass the saving throw twice in order to avoid the effects). Would the save for the daze apply to the crystal (reflex) save or the exhaust (fort) save, and how would the persistent spell effect apply to all these saving throws?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoungoragla View Post
    Q101 How exactly does the Hostile Anchor mystic combat ability from the Kinetic Scourge operate?

Does it work on any enemy with a fly speed or only those that are currently flying? What is stopping a player from targeting an ally with it? The ability is based on Tether Adept, which deals no damage to the anchoring object, and the descriptor of enemy for valid target seems strange to me.
    A101: Hmm, that one was written more briefly than I would normally. Pretend flying enemy says flying creature. Basically it lets you tether to a creature that is airborne as opposed to a wall, ceiling, flagpole, etc for the purpose of swinging around. No damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Q102. How long does it take to use Spellcrafting to create a spell, and as a corollary, when does its creator "learn it" for the purposes of having the ability to cast it (IE Immediately after completion, next time they would gain a new talent, etc)?
    A102: Adam can correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe it is 'learned' as soon as your research is complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentama View Post
    Question 103

2 destruction/admixture questions

a)Lets say I use Admixture to make a blistering(any creature damaged by the attack suffers a -2 to fort saves) and drowning(any creature damaged by the attack must pass a fort save or be nauseated for a round) destructive blast. Would the penalty to the victim's fort save from blistering apply to the fort save they make that very same turn against drowning?

b)Lets say I use Ghostly Admixture to make an Exhausting Strike (unit must pass a fort save or be exhausted) Crystal Blast (Unit must pass a reflex save or be entangled) and also apply the metamagic feats dazing spell (Target is also dazed if they fail the save from a spell, or makes a will save if the spell did not have a save attached already) and Persistent spell (the target must pass the saving throw twice in order to avoid the effects). Would the save for the daze apply to the crystal (reflex) save or the exhaust (fort) save, and how would the persistent spell effect apply to all these saving throws?
    A103a:The effects would be incurred simultaneously, so the fort penalty wouldn't apply unless you hit them against afterwards.

A103b: Ooh, tricky. Since a brief search doesn't show me anywhere that this question has come up for spells with multiple saves, I guess its strict reading time.

"If the spell allows a saving throw, a successful save negates the daze effect."

I read that as either save would negate the daze, which has the benefit of nerfing dazing spell. Also note that dazing spell is absent from the metamagic whitelist in the feat section. Your mileage may vary. Persistent spell should apply to both rolls and is on the whitelist.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

So I searched Bullet on the last thread and this one. Has no one ever asked about Bullets and the telekinesis sphere?

For example the catch + Deflect talent. Technically speaking bullets are even smaller than Fine. the gun is Medium yes but the bullets themselves are even smaller than fine size. so the question is, can you deflect bullets and if so... that's kinda ridiculous. Cool, but ridiculous. Even in all the thousands of feats in Pathfinder it never goes beyond Deflecting 1 arrow per round.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lordkalem View Post
    Q 104 So I searched Bullet on the last thread and this one. Has no one ever asked about Bullets and the telekinesis sphere?

For example the catch + Deflect talent. Technically speaking bullets are even smaller than Fine. the gun is Medium yes but the bullets themselves are even smaller than fine size. so the question is, can you deflect bullets and if so... that's kinda ridiculous. Cool, but ridiculous. Even in all the thousands of feats in Pathfinder it never goes beyond Deflecting 1 arrow per round.
    A 104 You can absolutely catch bullets using catch, and Deflect can certainly help with that. That said, if you want to deflect more than one bullet a round you're going to have to make some spell point, talent, and action investment.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

I would like to have some opinion on the hedgewitch spiritualist. I really like the class, but I also have some mix feeling about it.

I like the power, but does anyone actually play it? I feel that is a very strong ability to be able tok get any sphere or talen any time you want.

Also, the hedgewitch is made to be versatile. But I feel that the class is actually too versatile, wich make it lost is flavor. Am I the only one who think that?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

So I attempted to search through the last thread and this one, but apparently I'm not so good at searching through the thread for the question I want answered or it hasn't been directly addressed. Can you have a typical Vancian caster who dips their toes into the Spheres system? Would you just use the Basic Magical Training feat? How does meshing the two systems in one character work?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ahzouroshadow View Post
    So I attempted to search through the last thread and this one, but apparently I'm not so good at searching through the thread for the question I want answered or it hasn't been directly addressed. Can you have a typical Vancian caster who dips their toes into the Spheres system? Would you just use the Basic Magical Training feat? How does meshing the two systems in one character work?
    Yes, you can use them both, but there will be slight confusion over the term "Caster level"; I suggest changing SoP caster level to "Base Magic Bonus" or something. As for a Vancian dipping their toes, you've be limited with the Basic Magical Training and Extra Magical Talent feats or actually dip into a spherecasting class. There is a therurge prestige class called the Bokor but that's it, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Is Telekinetic Edge a psionic effect needs to be opened/closed? Thanks.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Q105 : It's about scrolls.. I'm not sure if I interpret correctly.

So, let's say I want to make a "cure light wounds" scroll and I use the "ritual" way to make magic items, not spheres talent.

First, the mage needs to either research the spell or read it from another spellbook or scroll.
    For researching, he needs the sphere life, 1000 gp, one week and a successful DC12 roll. Writing it into a spellbook is free.
    For learning it from another spellbook, he needs one hour, 1 page and 10 gp and for sure someone-teaching-him-or-a-spellbook-to-copy-or-a-scroll-to-waste.

Now the spell is known.
    In order to write a scroll, he needs a blank scroll, 125gp, and 2 hours (can't find a reference in spheres of power, so I think it's the usual PF time).

To cast the spell :
    From spellbook : 5 minutes and you can redo it whenever you want.
    From scroll : 1 standard action, but the scroll is used.

Also, if you have a caster level of 1, as the spell is level 1, you need a successful roll, but I'm not sure.
    If the caster’s caster level isn’t at least twice the ritual’s level, she may make a check (d20 + her caster level vs. a DC equal to the scroll’s caster level + 1) to attempt to use the scroll anyway.
    So the check is DC2 ??
    Isn't there a mistake ? Isn't it DC equal to the scroll's caster level + 10 ?

For example, lvl 9 spell, level 1 user --> DC10 that you can beat with d20+1 ! It's more than 50% chances...

I'd love to replace all vancian magic with spheres as "immediate" magic, but old spells are some sort of more "modern" magic, more "science" but need time to learn and to use (1000gp to create cure light wounds, 5 minutes to cast... I think it's interesting for a low magic setting), and I need to be sure I'm not wrong.. It all seems correct to me (correct me if i'm wrong !!) except the DC to use a scroll...

Thanks !

EDIT : all these numbers are from the "ritual" section of the book.
    But I see that creating a scroll from spheres cost a lot less... for the same effect... why ? It's not that important for me as I won't allow creating anything from spheres but even...

And last question... I don't see anywhere a way to create potion from rituals...
    So either it's not possible.. so no "potion of cure light wounds" from rituals and I'm stuck... or "potion of cure light wounds" is a refluffed scroll (same rules but potion feat) and cost 125gp... or I use the normal potion rules with ritual and I have potions much cheaper than scroll, for the same effect...
    Did I miss something ?
    Last edited by Laurent; 2017-03-10 at 12:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Gobliin View Post
    I would like to have some opinion on the hedgewitch spiritualist. I really like the class, but I also have some mix feeling about it.

I like the power, but does anyone actually play it? I feel that is a very strong ability to be able tok get any sphere or talen any time you want.

Also, the hedgewitch is made to be versatile. But I feel that the class is actually too versatile, wich make it lost is flavor. Am I the only one who think that?
    This is more opinion that question, but I'll bite:

The spiritualist is one of the more popular traditions because of it's versatility (read:power), but the Hedgewitch's mid-caster limitation means they'll never be quite as good at it as a high-caster that is specialized at their task.

The class itself is the 'build-your-own-class' class, so most of its flavor comes form the traditions you pick.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

This may have been asked before, but id rather not dig through two threads for it. I'll be using Spheres for the first time in an upcoming game (rather excited tbh) and i remembered that i will be using Araneas in the upcoming dungeon. Now, as you probably know, Aranea count as 5th level Sorcerers fro Spells known and for Spells per day. My issue is, is that im a bit confused as to what they get when they get converted to Spheres casters. I see it as one of two ways:

The Aranea will have 8 Spell points (3 from Cha and 5 from their level) and they will have 2 Talents.
    Or
    The Aranea will have 13 Spell points (3 from Cha, 5 from level and 5 Bonus Spell Points) and 7 Talents.

So, which one is correct? Also im sure monster conversion is somehow in the book, i just cant seem to find it, so if someone could point me in the general direction that would be wonderful.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2017-03-10 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    This may have been asked before, but id rather not dig through two threads for it. I'll be using Spheres for the first time in an upcoming game (rather excited tbh) and i remembered that i will be using Araneas in the upcoming dungeon. Now, as you probably know, Aranea count as 5th level Sorcerers fro Spells known and for Spells per day. My issue is, is that im a bit confused as to what they get when they get converted to Spheres casters. I see it as one of two ways:

The Aranea will have 8 Spell points (3 from Cha and 5 from their level) and they will have 2 Talents.
    Or
    The Aranea will have 13 Spell points (3 from Cha, 5 from level and 5 Bonus Spell Points) and 2 Talents.

So, which one is correct? Also im sure monster conversion is somehow in the book, i just cant seem to find it, so if someone could point me in the general direction that would be wonderful.
    I'd say 8 spell points as the 5 bonus points replace the sorcerer's bloodline, a feature araneas don't have...

21. - Top - End - #261

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I'd say 8 spell points as the 5 bonus points replace the sorcerer's bloodline, a feature araneas don't have...
    I'll say the other way and 13. Sorcerer's get their bloodline just as normal in spheres, well, almost as normal. The 5 bonus points are there to make up for sorcerers normally higher amount of daily casts compared to prepared caster, which in spheres would both use same powerpoints.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Xararion View Post
    I'll say the other way and 13. Sorcerer's get their bloodline just as normal in spheres, well, almost as normal. The 5 bonus points are there to make up for sorcerers normally higher amount of daily casts compared to prepared caster, which in spheres would both use same powerpoints.

But..

From Aranea :
    Spells An aranea casts spells as a 5th-level sorcerer, but does not gain any additional abilities, such as a sorcerous bloodline.
    And from Sphere Sorcerer Achetype :
    Sorcerous Blood: The sphere sorcerer gains 1 additional spell point for every sorcerer level gained.

This replaces all bloodline spells.
    By RAW.... you don't add the 5 points....

23. - Top - End - #263

EvilClericGuy

I guess that's fair then. Personally I see that as reading more the letter of the rule than the spirit of it, since it refers to bloodline spells not the bloodline itself, and still seems to be there to offset the number of casts lost. I'll still admit that yes, by RAW aranea would in this case have only 8 spellpoints.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

confused Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

Well I have a few things to say

1: A complaint that it's too bloody easy to homebrew. I know that's stupid to say because that would be an advantage, but it also makes me worry about it because with standard pathfinder I'd never touch spell effects and try to make changes, but with SoP I have this freedom to change pretty much anything that I didn't particularly like, the issue with this being a worry that there might be something crucial changed because of it

2: A balance question, would it change the balance to have draining casting and Material casting be based around Spell Points instead of every spell cast? (Like you taking 1 nonlethal damage for each Spell point you spend rather than with your at will powers, or spending 1sp per CL per Spell point for material casting. also of note for Destruction mages the original at will blaster mage the Kineticist pretty much had this power in how you could use Gather Energy to reduce burn [or in this case reduce the SP cost to avoid burn])

3: a bit of confusion, the sphere arcanist gives me a bit of worry with its whole 'you only get up to 12 talents but you can switch them around' thing.

4: and another balance question, how would I convert some of the archetypes to work with spheres? (in particular mention the Arcanist I was thinking about the Bladebound Arcanist to get that sweet sweet black blade).

Also I feel like this is just a rant on the arcanist, but looking at it (without playtesting) the arcanist's ability to switch out its sphere powers each day seems far less useful than just having more powers on hand. prepared casters that could switch their skills were awesome in the original game but having it in spheres feels less useful because you can just take incanter to have TRIPLE the talents.
    Last edited by Warriorking9001; 2017-03-12 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Expansion on 1 and another part

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorking9001 View Post

1: A complaint that it's too bloody easy to homebrew. I know that's stupid to say because that would be an advantage, but it also makes me worry about it because with standard pathfinder I'd never touch spell effects and try to make changes, but with SoP I have this freedom to change pretty much anything that I didn't particularly like, the issue with this being a worry that there might be something crucial changed because of it

2: A balance question, would it change the balance to have draining casting and Material casting be based around Spell Points instead of every spell cast? (Like you taking 1 nonlethal damage for each Spell point you spend rather than with your at will powers, or spending 1sp per CL per Spell point for material casting. also of note for Destruction mages the original at will blaster mage the Kineticist pretty much had this power in how you could use Gather Energy to reduce burn [or in this case reduce the SP cost to avoid burn])

3: a bit of confusion, the sphere arcanist gives me a bit of worry with its whole 'you only get up to 12 talents but you can switch them around' thing.

4: and another balance question, how would I convert some of the archetypes to work with spheres? (in particular mention the Arcanist I was thinking about the Bladebound Arcanist to get that sweet sweet black blade).

Also I feel like this is just a rant on the arcanist, but looking at it (without playtesting) the arcanist's ability to switch out its sphere powers each day seems far less useful than just having more powers on hand. prepared casters that could switch their skills were awesome in the original game but having it in spheres feels less useful because you can just take incanter to have TRIPLE the talents.
    1. Umm... that's a really odd complaint. Sorry it's too flexible, I guess?

2. You have way more HP than SP, and the whole point of material casting is that you have limited supplies. Why does lessening the impact of these two drawbacks appeal to you? If you don't like them, don't use them.

3: Well, regular arcanists can have radically different spontaneous lists from day to day and this reflects that. You pay for this flexibility by far less depth than everyone else, the same way the Thaumaturge pays to its 3/4th BAB + high casting with fewer talents.

4: Just like regular archetypes, you can stack a sphere archetype with regular ones as long as they alter/replace different things. The Sphere Arcanist trades away casting, and alters Arcane Reservoir, Consume Spells, Magic Supremacy, and how a few specific exploits work; basically banning the originals and replacing them with appropriate sphere equivalents. The Blade Adept trades away the exploits at 1st, 3rd, and 9th. The two stack perfectly well.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Q106 This may have been asked before, but id rather not dig through two threads for it. I'll be using Spheres for the first time in an upcoming game (rather excited tbh) and i remembered that i will be using Araneas in the upcoming dungeon. Now, as you probably know, Aranea count as 5th level Sorcerers fro Spells known and for Spells per day. My issue is, is that im a bit confused as to what they get when they get converted to Spheres casters. I see it as one of two ways:

Or
    The Aranea will have 13 Spell points (3 from Cha, 5 from level and 5 Bonus Spell Points) and 7 Talents.

A106 I would rule that the Aranea has 7 Talents and and a spell pool of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorking9001 View Post

Q107: A complaint that it's too bloody easy to homebrew. I know that's stupid to say because that would be an advantage, but it also makes me worry about it because with standard pathfinder I'd never touch spell effects and try to make changes, but with SoP I have this freedom to change pretty much anything that I didn't particularly like, the issue with this being a worry that there might be something crucial changed because of it
    A107: Its a feature, not a bug. Spheres of Power was made to support thematic characters while also making it easy for GM's to make minor changes to fit their own game world/setting.

Q108: A balance question, would it change the balance to have draining casting and Material casting be based around Spell Points instead of every spell cast? (Like you taking 1 nonlethal damage for each Spell point you spend rather than with your at will powers, or spending 1sp per CL per Spell point for material casting. also of note for Destruction mages the original at will blaster mage the Kineticist pretty much had this power in how you could use Gather Energy to reduce burn [or in this case reduce the SP cost to avoid burn])
    A108: Yes, it would change the balance; but it is a common house rule to have the nonlethal damage from draining casting occur only when spell points are spent.

Q109: a bit of confusion, the sphere arcanist gives me a bit of worry with its whole 'you only get up to 12 talents but you can switch them around' thing.
    A109: The sphere arcanist from what I can tell are made for those who like to swap out their spell list every day, as opposed to using the same spell list every day. While it is true that incanter have three times as many talents as the arcanist, the daily versatility of the arcanist means that with sufficient time she can have spheres and talents appropriate for any particular encounter.

Q110: and another balance question, how would I convert some of the archetypes to work with spheres? (in particular mention the Arcanist I was thinking about the Bladebound Arcanist to get that sweet sweet black blade).
    A110: I dont see the Bladebound Arcanist archetype, is it not on the PFSRD? I do see an arcanist archetype called the Blade Adept, but there does not appear to be any compatibility issues with the archetype.

27. - Top - End - #267

Diviner's Handbook:

Q111: The wording of the Expanded Vision advanced talent says that sense abilities with a range of Close can upgrade to Medium or Long range. The thing is, I can't find any sense abilities that actually have a range of Close; they all seem to have a fixed range (Tremorsense, Blindfolded Oracle) or have an effect best described as Personal (Battlefield Sense, Foreshadow). How does Expanded Vision interact with these abilities?

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
    Diviner's Handbook:

Q111: The wording of the Expanded Vision advanced talent says that sense abilities with a range of Close can upgrade to Medium or Long range. The thing is, I can't find any sense abilities that actually have a range of Close; they all seem to have a fixed range (Tremorsense, Blindfolded Oracle) or have an effect best described as Personal (Battlefield Sense, Foreshadow). How does Expanded Vision interact with these abilities?
    A111: The Expanded Vision advanced talent requires Widen Sight (which changes the range of sense talents from fixed range to Close range.

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    A111: The Expanded Vision advanced talent requires Widen Sight (which changes the range of sense talents from fixed range to Close range.
    ...I am very dumb.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

A107: Its a feature, not a bug. Spheres of Power was made to support thematic characters while also making it easy for GM's to make minor changes to fit their own game world/setting.
    This is more just a worry about since I do make changes I worry about the fact that... Part of me thinks about that and thinks in my head "I would never touch the standard spells, yet I'm eager to get all over these... that seems like a bad sign

[QUOTE=Mehangel;21799772]
    A109: The sphere arcanist from what I can tell are made for those who like to swap out their spell list every day, as opposed to using the same spell list every day. While it is true that incanter have three times as many talents as the arcanist, the daily versatility of the arcanist means that with sufficient time she can have spheres and talents appropriate for any particular encounter.[quote]

Touche
    A110: I dont see the Bladebound Arcanist archetype, is it not on the PFSRD? I do see an arcanist archetype called the Blade Adept, but there does not appear to be any compatibility issues with the archetype.
    Well I meant blade adept but at the time of writing it messed up the name, and... For some reason I thought I heard somewhere that most if not all the archetypes were incompatible.

I guess I'm just a bit butthurt about how I wanted to make a more specialist caster with a black blade (I have a bad habit of making builds I'll probably never get to play I admit, this time I was thinking mix Blade Adept with Symbiotic Knight to represent a feytouched nature warrior controlling plants and bringing the wrath of the wild down upon those who would harm it, but had no need of the ability to switch up because I had a specific plan.)

Though thinking more about incanter and arcanist reminded me how they used the Reincarnated Master as an incanter archetype (originally druid based) as though it cost 3 customization points. what would that kind of cost come to make an incanter specialization?