New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Vader's Apprentice IC

"Well, if we're lucky you'll be the only one seeing battle." He leads Mika to where the next mine shaft is planned. Along the way, they pass several blocked-off tunnels with warning signs on them.

2. - Top - End - #152

Mika meets with the rest of the workers. "Hello everyone. As promised, I'm here to personally protect each and every one of you from frost worms or whatever else might come looking for trouble. Fear not, for though I bear this lightsaber, I am no Jedi. I am a Sith, one of the ancient warriors who uses the power of the Dark Side of the Force. My strength and stamina are unparalleled. No matter how many creatures try to interfere with this mine, I shall cut them all down. And not only will I do that, I want the names of every wife, son or daughter who has lost someone to these mines in the last two years. You say that you have received no aid from the Empire. That stops now. But that does not help those who have already been lost. I will personally see to it that those who have lost a family member to the mines while the Empire was sitting on its haunches will receive reparations. It won't bring back the dead, but it will help ease the burden of their passing."

3. - Top - End - #153

The gathered people all stare at her like she's speaking in tongues, clearly unsure of whether to believe her. After a few seconds, though, Tereb steps up to get their attention. "She's 100% serious. This woman's here to help us for real, not to give us some pretty speeches and send us on our way. I can't speak for her skills at fighting, but she's serious about helping us out. Now, come on. Let's get this mine underway."

As the other workers start gathering up their tools, Tereb looks over. "I'll send someone over to see about getting a list of the deceased from the governor. Maybe he'll be willing to get off his fat ass for two minutes to give us that much."

4. - Top - End - #154

Mika smiles. "Thank you for your help, Tereb. After we finish up here, I would like to speak to your direct superior about a possible pay increase and promotion for the initiative you've shown since I arrived."

While everyone else gets started digging, Mika sets a pile of paper on the ground and kneels down, igniting it. She sits close to the fire, doing her best to keep it from going out. Hopefully any creatures who would bother the miners will be drawn to the light and heat instead.

5. - Top - End - #155

Mika waits for a couple of hours without incident. As she starts to add more fuel to the fire, though, she feels the ground begin to shake, and she hears the rumbling of stone from behind her.

6. - Top - End - #156

Mika stands up. Hopefully the shaking ground doesn't interfere with the miners' dig. She draws her lightsaber and grins to herself. "Come to me..."

7. - Top - End - #157

The creature does come to her. In a shower of dirt and stone, the beast erupts out of the cave wall. The first thing she sees is a gaping maw lined with sharp teeth, pulsing as it reaches for her.

8. - Top - End - #158

Mika attempts to let the fury of the Dark Side take her, but the empathy and generosity she displayed prevents her from truly tapping into her dark power. Gasping and dodging out of the way, Mika ignites her lightsaber and attacks the worm.

9. - Top - End - #159

Mika's attack fails to strike the worm, and it lunges in to bite her.

10. - Top - End - #160

Mika takes the attack and dashes around the creature, striking it with her lightsaber and avoiding further injury. After a few more swings, the beast crashes to the ground.

11. - Top - End - #161

Some of the workers stop to marvel at the creature's defeat. There are a few who don't seem impressed, though.

12. - Top - End - #162

Mika sighs and cuts the creature's body open. She searches its innards for anything of value.

13. - Top - End - #163

Mika doesn't find much of extreme value inside. It's mostly stone and half-digested bits of whatever it had eaten last... but there is a small pack inside that hasn't been damaged. Inside, she finds a few grenades.

14. - Top - End - #164

Mika carefully takes the grenades and puts them away. She sits in meditation to strengthen her connection to the Dark Side while the miners continue their work.

15. - Top - End - #165

As Mika regains her strength, she overhears Tereb talking with one of the miners. "What do you mean the readings are off?"

"I mean that there's already tunnels in this direction. Ones that aren't on any of our maps."

"You mean... like a frost worm nest?"

16. - Top - End - #166

Mika grins and walks over. "Music to my ears. Where is the nearest tunnel? I'll go to the nest myself and blow it to hell."

17. - Top - End - #167

Tereb looks over at her. "There are a lot of tunnels that we passed on the way here. You probably noticed the blocked-off ones, right? The thing is, we're not sure where those tunnels connect to the nest."

18. - Top - End - #168

"Then get sure. I've been playing guard dog for hours and that's not going to fly. I'm not a protector, I'm a warrior. Keeping you safe is the least of my worries when there's killing to be done."

19. - Top - End - #169

"That's easier said than done. Getting close enough to get a look at the nest is like ringing a dinner bell."

20. - Top - End - #170

Mika sighs and heads for the tunnels herself. Time to blow this place to hell.