New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Remaining: how it began.

Spoiler: Zenko Osugawa
    Show

As he sees the unhuman-like face peer through the hole in the door he can't help but let his arrow fly.
    His nerves getting the better of him as his fingers slip off the bowstring.
    Spoiler: Attack Roll
    Show

Attack:(1d20+2)[10]

Damage:(1d8+2)[7]

Spoiler: Possbile Actions
    Show

Since Zenko had a readied action, that went off when the person/zombie broke through his door. Since I don't know the result of the shot yet, I can't exactly plan around what he would do next. So I'll list two possibilities:

Spoiler: 1. The Zombie has Died (Again)
    Show
    1. The Zombie is dead (again).

Zenko would move to his door, slowly open it and make a Spot check ((1d20+0)[6]) for more zombies in the hall.

Spoiler: 2. The Zombie is not dead (Again)
    Show
    2. The Zombie is not dead (again).

Zenko readies another action to shoot when he has a clear shot. "Sh*t! Just leave me alone!" Almost shouting at this point he can't comprehend what he is seeing right now.

Aiden "Talon" Wulf

Die Wölfe der Abfälle.----- Mercenary company in "Total War: Condottieri II"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Jumbo waits.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post

Spoiler: Lydia
    Show

From the news you only see fooftage of the same thing happenng allover town as well as reaching as far as Chicago (where the gangs do seem to be helping in a F*cked up way) and St.Louis (where Gun-ownership is helping and the entire county of ergeson happens to be looting already......)

you get nothing for the Hotel Phone but dial tone.

form your phone you're getting texts from other people you kn ow that seem to be very panicked. they each end a simalr fashion:
    "omg wtf is goin oN *Panic emote*"
    "OH **** THERE TRYIN TO GET IT Oh **** ME AHHHHHHHH"
    "OMG THEY INIDE!"
    "WHERE THE POLICE *crying emote*"

As far as you can tell you do happn to be a fairly close to the fre escape...if yu could walk the narrow ledge to get to it that is.....

your mother screams as there are more gunshots.
    Show

"Mommy, please calm down!" Lydia hisses in a whisper, turning to look at her as shivers flow down Lydia's spine, her own panic barely contained. "We need to stay composed if we're gonna get out of here safely!" She frowns as she looks at her phone, thinking while walking around, and checking to see if other countries have been effected yet. Where to go, I don't know... The world itself might be going to H-E-Double Hockeysticks at this rate...

After finishing her survey, Lydia tosses her bags by the window. "Right, we need to leave, get to the car, and make tracks." Lydia declares, a little more assured with a way to escape in mind. "Mommy, please grab your essentials and come get ready. Daddy, are you almost done over there?" she asks, trying to observe around the fire escape and see where it would take them and what might be nearby.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    Spoiler: William
    Show
    Thaaat's reassuring.

William keeps the line to the police open just in case that clears up (he's about as hopeful as you'd expect) and moves to the right of the door so that if the door opens, he'll see through the crack as soon as it's big enough to see through.

****, I might have to shoot someone... can I do that? ... if I have to I have to... can I? ... maybe it'd be easier if I turned on my GTA playlist... how the hell am I going to do that in the middle of a fight? I could do it now... no, that would draw attention to myself. Whoever that is tearing things up might think this room is empty.

Is it late enough that the lights would be off?
    Show

it was only about 9:23 when this all started....now it feels like only a few minutes have passed.

(ooc: I'm confused on what you're trying to do here....)

Quote Originally Posted by protheuz View Post
    Spoiler: Ariana
    Show

initiative
    [roll0]
    Show

....what are you doing though?

Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    His heart pounding in his throat, Ahmed says a quick prayer, and as quietly as possible he removes the chair and begins to unlock the door. He takes a deep breath puts one of the clubs through his belt, and then cracks the door open very slowly his the club in his other hand becoming slippery from the sweat accumulating on his palms. He peeks into the hall from the cracked door...
    Spoiler: Ahmed
    Show

you see as a group of people surround a now bloody body....and as one tries to bust through the door across form you a loud thunk hits the otherwise of the door as the tip of a blade hits too far to the left. You hear the person trapped withing scream out for the ...thing...to back up or he'll shoot again...

then the hand of the one against the wall tries to reach in and grab you through the door.

Spoiler: AHHHHH
    Show
    melee touch attack to grab you;
    [roll0]

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMerecat View Post
    Mark
    Spoiler: IC
    Show

Mark puts out his hand. "Sure, I can do that."
    Spoiler: Mark
    Show
    "...well good. Oh you thought....no if I had it on me I'd of used it...but it being in it's locked in his case *mutters "thanks Illinous"* I did not think I had the time to get it out so I went with my cut test "sword." He starts walking out of the room. 'Follow me. It's back in my hotel room."

Quote Originally Posted by SchwhatNow View Post
    Show

As he sees the unhuman-like face peer through the hole in the door he can't help but let his arrow fly.
    His nerves getting the better of him as his fingers slip off the bowstring.
    Spoiler: Attack Roll
    Show

Attack:[roll0]

Damage:[roll1]

Spoiler: Possbile Actions
    Show

Since Zenko had a readied action, that went off when the person/zombie broke through his door. Since I don't know the result of the shot yet, I can't exactly plan around what he would do next. So I'll list two possibilities:

Spoiler: 1. The Zombie has Died (Again)
    Show
    1. The Zombie is dead (again).

Zenko would move to his door, slowly open it and make a Spot check ([roll2]) for more zombies in the hall.

Spoiler: 2. The Zombie is not dead (Again)
    Show
    2. The Zombie is not dead (again).

Zenko readies another action to shoot when he has a clear shot. "Sh*t! Just leave me alone!" Almost shouting at this point he can't comprehend what he is seeing right now.

Spoiler: Zenko
    Show

Seeming to take notice of the warning, ti keeps knoking chunks out of the door.....

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Jumbo waits.
    Spoiler: Jimbo
    Show

*to be added later*

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Show

"Mommy, please calm down!" Lydia hisses in a whisper, turning to look at her as shivers flow down Lydia's spine, her own panic barely contained. "We need to stay composed if we're gonna get out of here safely!" She frowns as she looks at her phone, thinking while walking around, and checking to see if other countries have been effected yet. Where to go, I don't know... The world itself might be going to H-E-Double Hockeysticks at this rate...

After finishing her survey, Lydia tosses her bags by the window. "Right, we need to leave, get to the car, and make tracks." Lydia declares, a little more assured with a way to escape in mind. "Mommy, please grab your essentials and come get ready. Daddy, are you almost done over there?" she asks, trying to*poke* observe around the fire escape and see where it would take them and what might be nearby.
    Show

Your mother starts to gather up her essentials as your father throws the last of the furniture against the door.

you see the fire escape will drop you into a back alley between the building and a fence, with brush and trees on the other side. from down below however you see more of those...things....are infesting the alleyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

5. - Top - End - #125

Show

Ariana again shoots at the zombies in the corridor. Then she became undecided in what to do. Close herself or trie to shoot the bastards down. As the shot flies her mind became decided.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

attack (1d20+3)[4]
    damage (2d6)[4]

If it hits (and slows or kills the abomination) she'll keep steady knowing that they can be killed, if she misses she uses her move action to close the door shut.

I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

6. - Top - End - #126

Show

He takes a few deep breaths trying to calm himself down and focus. "Think Zenko, you have to wait for a clear shot. Clearly they can't be reasoned with. You have to defend yourself. Remember your training. It will be ok."

He keeps his aim steady, waiting for a clear shot at the person, thing, whatever it is bashing down his door.

Spoiler
    Show

Readied action to fire when he has a clear shot. (Zombie at one-quarter cover or less)

Aiden "Talon" Wulf

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Mark

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Mark nods with a quizzical look on his face. "Well lets get it."
    Last edited by HappyMerecat; 2017-03-22 at 04:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Show

He backs away from the door kicking the door closed as he does so.

I gotta get out of here, he thinks backing away.

Kick - (1d20+2)[6]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

it was only about 9:23 when this all started....now it feels like only a few minutes have passed.

(ooc: I'm confused on what you're trying to do here....)

Show
    If the lights are on, I wanted to quietly move towards the light switch (I think that's a Move Silently check, if there's anything listening?) and turn it off. If the lights are off, I stay still and wait for the next sound.

If you decide whether or not the lights are on is my call, I think they're off. My character could grab his phone and his gun by touch, so there's no reason he'd turn them on.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

Your mother starts to gather up her essentials as your father throws the last of the furniture against the door.

you see the fire escape will drop you into a back alley between the building and a fence, with brush and trees on the other side. from down below however you see more of those...things....are infesting the alleyway.
    Show
    After surveying the outside for a bit, Lydia pauses for a moment, to contemplate a plan and to control her nerves. "Daddy, do you think you could cover for us if we could somehow distract some of them?" she asks, making a quick run through the room to see if anything useful that was not used for a barricade remains. "This entire building is surrounded, and the longer we stay here, the worse our chances become for survival. But if we could draw them somewhere else, even to one side of the alley, we could try escaping the other."

Taking another look out of the window, just to determine how easily the three of them could escape if the monsters were distracted in any direction. "I bless my fortune to still be young and healthy. I'll go first; I have the best chance of outrunning them if I have to. In between attempts, we can try to make a diversion to distract them, and then we can all get away once a path is clear."

Show
    Just repeating here, wondering if her (and my) assumption, that the incident is probably localized, assuming the rest of the world just hasn't had a chance to report on it yet, is accurate.

Additionally, just to be clear, she's looking for anything as simple as a small appliance, or maybe even a pot or pan. Something that would make a lot of noise when thrown on the ground or against the wall. Probably wouldn't distract them too long,

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Group 2
    Show

[ooc]Yes OOC would have been better you are right. [/ooc]
    Jimbo hearing the cry of help from Henry and seeing that Gary was being attacked the big ole grins as he gets his wish of hitting someone tonight. Reaching in his pocket he puts on his brass knuckles before punching the attacker in the back of the head.
    (1d20+2)[11]
    (1d4+1)[4]
    Let's kick his ass Henry. Jim shouts after his strike misses.
    Show
    As your punch sail wide of the freaks head, it strikes back at you. Gary and Henry handle the other one as a third barges in. This place is getting rather filled with violence....

Attk on Jimbo: (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]

Show

Ariana again shoots at the zombies in the corridor. Then she became undecided in what to do. Close herself or trie to shoot the bastards down. As the shot flies her mind became decided.

Show

attack (1d20+2)[11]
    damage (1d4+1)[4]

If it hits (and slows or kills the abomination) she'll keep steady knowing that they can be killed, if she misses she uses her move action to close the door shut.

Show
    As your shot misses you slam the door behind you. it's not long Till they start banging down your door. Wolf starts barking up a storm as these intruders are now trying to get in.

Show

He takes a few deep breaths trying to calm himself down and focus. "Think Zenko, you have to wait for a clear shot. Clearly they can't be reasoned with. You have to defend yourself. Remember your training. It will be ok."

He keeps his aim steady, waiting for a clear shot at the person, thing, whatever it is bashing down his door.

Spoiler
    Show

Readied action to fire when he has a clear shot. (Zombie at one-quarter cover or less)

Show
    Soon it bust a hole big enough to try and crawl though... exposing itself to your readied arrow.

(go for it)

Mark

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Mark nods with a quizzical look on his face. "Well lets get it."
    Show
    You both run into his hotel room, him closing and locking the door behind him he reaches into his pocket. "Come hold this door close." he say as he runs to his luggage to get his gun.....as he also opens and spills out a bag containing a large forest green jacket thing and knee pads, which he sets aside. he tosses a suitcase on the thing then opens it. tearing through his jeans he pulls out a Blue gun case. setting it down and unlocking it he opens it, revealing a 4" barrel S&W revolver. Opening the cylinder he checks it for ammo, then closes it and hands it to you. finally he reaches down and throws two boxes of .38 special out of the suitcase. "I got .357's in there...after that all I brought was the .38's." he hands you the Revolver as well as the boxes.

Show

He backs away from the door kicking the door closed as he does so.

I gotta get out of here, he thinks backing away.

(1d20+2)[11]
    Spoiler: Ahmend
    Show
    With the hand still in the door it doesn't close as the thing crawls in. as it pulls itself through it does close it, thoigh likely by accident. It snarls at you with a hungry predator face.

(roll initiative)

Spoiler: Enemy initative
    Show

(1d20)[17]

Show
    If the lights are on, I wanted to quietly move towards the light switch (I think that's a Move Silently check, if there's anything listening?) and turn it off. If the lights are off, I stay still and wait for the next sound.

If you decide whether or not the lights are on is my call, I think they're off. My character could grab his phone and his gun by touch, so there's no reason he'd turn them on.
    Spoiler: WIlliam
    Show
    I will say your lights happen to be off. you wait. (roll a move silent check....with +5 bonus due to...well...not moving."

Show
    After surveying the outside for a bit, Lydia pauses for a moment, to contemplate a plan and to control her nerves. "Daddy, do you think you could cover for us if we could somehow distract some of them?" she asks, making a quick run through the room to see if anything useful that was not used for a barricade remains. "This entire building is surrounded, and the longer we stay here, the worse our chances become for survival. But if we could draw them somewhere else, even to one side of the alley, we could try escaping the other."

Taking another look out of the window, just to determine how easily the three of them could escape if the monsters were distracted in any direction. "I bless my fortune to still be young and healthy. I'll go first; I have the best chance of outrunning them if I have to. In between attempts, we can try to make a diversion to distract them, and then we can all get away once a path is clear."

Show
    Just repeating here, wondering if her (and my) assumption, that the incident is probably localized, assuming the rest of the world just hasn't had a chance to report on it yet, is accurate.

Additionally, just to be clear, she's looking for anything as simple as a small appliance, or maybe even a pot or pan. Something that would make a lot of noise when thrown on the ground or against the wall. Probably wouldn't distract them too long,
    Show
    Your Father grins in a way that shows pride in raising such a smart and especially proactive person. "Good idea Lydia.....I think I know just the thing....." He rushes to his bags and produces a traveling alarm clock. (He always uses one rather than his phone because....well old people are weird. Also this one does radio.)

He Hands it to you. "Says it will stand a ittle abuse...it's a cheap piece of Chinese sh!t though so hitting concrete? not suggested. I don't know how your going to get it down there without breaking it....."

Show
    I thoguht you had gotten your answer already...

You did hear reports from a few other cities in the US and globally.....but those were just as spotty reporting wise.

Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2017-03-28 at 05:26 AM.
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: WIlliam
    Show
    I will say your lights happen to be off. you wait. (roll a move silent check....with +5 bonus due to...well...not moving."
    Show
    That would be (1d20+8)[10].

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Ahmed screams and raises the club up in front of him, swinging at the thing as he begins to back away.

Inint - (1d20+2)[19]
    Attack - (1d20+2)[18]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[7]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Show

This wasn't Jimbo first fight in fact it wasn't even his fight involving himself, Henry and some out of towner. But it was the first time the three of them were on the same side. What was up with these young pups who normally just shoot their traps off and then back off when it comes time to swinging punches. These teenies were all about the violence tonight. No worries Jimbo was in a mood to dish out some of his own. In fact just to spite the young pups he slipped on his brass knuckles before.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[22]
    Dam - (1d6+6)[11]
    he grabbed the troublemaker by the his shirt spun him around and delivered a hell of a knockout uppercut punch to the temple.

15. - Top - End - #135

Show

"How are these people, these...things breaking through the doors so easily?" He thinks to himself as he exhales, loosing the arrow at the now mostly exposed target. Without pause he slings his bow over his shoulder and grabs his Naginata. The thing would be on him soon and he would need to defend himself. He just needed to stay calm, or try to anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

Readied attack with Daikyu: (1d20+2)[19]

Damage: (1d8+2)[3]

Aiden "Talon" Wulf

16. - Top - End - #136

Show

Ariana locks the door and pushes a chair so it make sit harder to open, just like she saw in the movies actors doing it.

She looks around trying to see another way out of the room, as she points the gun to the door, her heart pounding.

Show

Spot check (1d20+1)[2]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    That would be (1d20+2)[12].
    Show
    You are more or less able to remain still and quiet as things pass your door. it dawns on you that your luck will eventully run out, but for now you have time to come up with a plan.

Show

Ahmed screams and raises the club up in front of him, swinging at the thing as he begins to back away.

(1d20+2)[12]
    (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d20+2)[21]

Show
    Without a seconds thought you manage to mentally prepare yourself as it comes through the door, giving you seconds to act that end up being the difference in getting at it first.

In this time, you manage to pull off a powerful blow to the side of it's head. You hear bones crack and see flesh bruise as the sign of internal bleeding show. What ever the hell it is now....another solid blow like that will finish this.

ATTK:(1d20+2)[12]
    Dam:(1d4+1)[2]

As it swipes back you manage to just barely dodge its clawing attempt. Now you just hope yu can take it out before it can get another try....It might get you next time....

Show

This wasn't Jimbo first fight in fact it wasn't even his fight involving himself, Henry and some out of towner. But it was the first time the three of them were on the same side. What was up with these young pups who normally just shoot their traps off and then back off when it comes time to swinging punches. These teenies were all about the violence tonight. No worries Jimbo was in a mood to dish out some of his own. In fact just to spite the young pups he slipped on his brass knuckles before.
    (1d20+2)[12]
    (1d4+1)[2]
    he grabbed the troublemaker by the his shirt spun him around and delivered a hell of a knockout uppercut punch to the temple.
    Show
    your blow rocks the side of the punks head, causing a nice bloody gash on the side of his head. Rather than run or even stop for a moment it attacks you once more.

Attack on Jimbo:(1d20+2)[21]
    Damage:(1d4+1)[5]

....which really sucks as this ****er does manage to land a good blow across your chest as he rakes with his nails, leaving a few scratch marks that bleed. you've had worse....but then again that's little comfort right now....besides that blow definitely had a surprising about of force behind it.

As this happens, the third one assaults Henry from behind as the one one Gary still tries to kill his f@gg0t a$$.

Attack on Henry:(1d20+2)[19]
    Damage:(1d4+1)[5]

The one focused on Harry swipes across his back, leaving a good row of scratches on his back.

Attack on Gary:(1d20+2)[22]
    Damage:(1d4+1)[4]

The one in front of Gary backhands him with a high degree of force, obviously causing great pain to the admittedly frail nancy boy.

(...an I forgot Gary's and Henry's attacks....fml i'm tired. look below)

Show

"How are these people, these...things breaking through the doors so easily?" He thinks to himself as he exhales, loosing the arrow at the now mostly exposed target. Without pause he slings his bow over his shoulder and grabs his Naginata. The thing would be on him soon and he would need to defend himself. He just needed to stay calm, or try to anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

Readied attack with Daikyu: (1d20+2)[12]

Damage: (1d4+1)[2]

Show

your arrow lands into it's shoulder, though it hardly seems to notice....

it crawls the rst on the way in and jumps to it's feet. Fortunately by this time your Naginata inin your hands....

....Roll initiative!

enemy initiative [roll]1d20+[/roll]

Show

Ariana locks the door and pushes a chair so it make sit harder to open, just like she saw in the movies actors doing it.

She looks around trying to see another way out of the room, as she points the gun to the door, her heart pounding.

Show

Spot check (1d20+2)[12]

Show

THe door stands strong.....but so far you see no way out.....your mind becomes filled with terro at the possiblity of having to fight it out....even with the gun they might swarm you then.....then....

Wolf has not ceased his attempts to ward of the attackers, baring teeth and barking at them. while he's not really helping, you know he is trying.

Spoiler: Oh %#@$.....almost forgot Yael again -_-
    Show

the sudden sounds you make attract a lot of attention......which is bad seeing as **** has hit the proverbial fan.

Spoiler: Mark (start from last on as well....)
    Show

loud noises come from one of the rooms down the hall. you hear even more of these things heading towards the source of the noise.
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2017-03-30 at 11:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Zenko...
    Show

Enemy initative try 2: (1d20+1)[14]

19. - Top - End - #139

Show
    Again, now trying to calm herself, she looks around, searching for a place of escape.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Spot check
    (1d20+1)[15]

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Henry turn around, ready to deck this c!#t in the face. "Jim the F%cking bat!"

Henry's Attack:(1d20+5)[25]
    CritConfim(1d20+5)[19]
    Damage(1d4+2)[5]
    Adjusted Damage:8

He swerves his body so as to hit the ****-heel in the head with the back of his elbow (which you have learned the hard way can definitely knock a guy out) he hit's at an angle that whips the guys head quick enough that you hear bone split a bit as his neck cracks a bit.

Gary....not as good with his fists (though he always out-shot you both) tries to get to the bat...but seeing as his way is blocked he will have to go for a punch then try and to get the bat "Over here! toss that F#cker to me!"

Gary's attack:(1d20)[18]
    Critconfirm(1d20)[15]
    Damage:(1d3)[1]
    (he is also reading an action to catch the bat/take the bat from you)

He manages to get in a gut punch on this guy, but it seems to have minimal effect.
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2017-03-30 at 11:33 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Again, now trying to calm herself, she looks around, searching for a place of escape.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Spot check
    [roll0]

Show
    This time you spy a group of people below as they peek from the fire escape. they appear to be going for the fire escape. while the ground below has more of those monsters, it's at least a possibility.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Mark
    Show

Mark takes the unfamiliar weapon. He has only ever used a semiautomatic handgun before, but he knew the basics. He made sure his finger was not on the trigger and pulled the hammer back then opened the door to look about into the corridor to see what was going on.
    Last edited by HappyMerecat; 2017-03-30 at 12:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Show

Initiative: (1d20+2)[21]

Aiden "Talon" Wulf

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Yael
    Show
    Yael notices he's obviously been heard, due to him tripping on the table.

No ambush, then. I guess I'll just surprise them somehow diferent.

The lawyer walks towards the door, and holds it with one hand, standing on the opposite side of the doorknob, holding his gun with a strong grip, and with the other holding the knob.

With a flick of the wrist, he opens the door to the inside of the room, to let whatever was hitting the door fall into the floor, so he could freeze it by pointing at it.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I know what's on the other side, but let's speed things up ;)
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Show

This isn't happening...

But it is. It is happening. Get it together!

Ahmed takes another swing at the... what is it? A person?

Attack - (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[8]

26. - Top - End - #146

Show

Ariana screams loud at the people peaking from the fire escape "Hey guys let's gather. In a pack we have better chances"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show
    Your Father grins in a way that shows pride in raising such a smart and especially proactive person. "Good idea Lydia.....I think I know just the thing....." He rushes to his bags and produces a traveling alarm clock. (He always uses one rather than his phone because....well old people are weird. Also this one does radio.)

He Hands it to you. "Says it will stand a ittle abuse...it's a cheap piece of Chinese sh!t though so hitting concrete? not suggested. I don't know how your going to get it down there without breaking it....."

Show
    I thoguht you had gotten your answer already...

You did hear reports from a few other cities in the US and globally.....but those were just as spotty reporting wise.

Show
    Lydia takes the clock and examines it closely. As she does, she chooses her words with the utmost of care. "Once this is all over, I'll buy you a new one, Daddy. For now, just do your best to keep all of us safe." she says, hoisting her bags onto herself and opening the widow. Turning back, she takes a moment to look at both of her parents. "I love you." she states as calmly as possible, before turning back and stepping through the widow, doing her best to not betray her fears or tears as she makes her way down as quietly as she can.

Spoiler: OOC Tactics
    Show
    If it is possible for her to go directly to the fence without being noticed and see how to get out from there, Lydia will do so. If there are too many to sneak that way, Lydia will go ahead and activate the alarm for about 10 seconds, and with a second left before it activates, throw it to the other side of the alleyway, and wait to see if that might open up a path for her to take.

It should be easy for me to make any roll you want me to make for both the base scenario or either way this plan might go. Just let me know.

Show

I'm sorry. Maybe I either just misunderstood the implications of your first response or misworded my question. Though this follow up was exactly what I was looking for. There always could have been a chance of this entire situation being just a curse on this city/state, after all, but even questionable rumors concerning the situation in other areas is enough to at least make a guess.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    You are more or less able to remain still and quiet as things pass your door. it dawns on you that your luck will eventully run out, but for now you have time to come up with a plan.
    Show
    Whether or not I can up with a good plan is a different question.

You said there was no handy fire escape or anything out the window. What is out the window? Nothing that can support my weight? How bad a drop is it?

And since I'm kinda picking nits with the last question: do the ventilation ducts in this hotel seem like they can fit me and support my weight? (If anything that's probably a dumber question, huh?)

Really hoping it doesn't come down to whether I wait for the what-my-character's-not-yet-aware-are-zombies to find me, or whether I jump out to try to flank the ones that just passed by. If it does, though, did I hear which way they went? Edit: Actually, what did they sound like? I kinda assumed they were zombies rather than the other PCs.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-04-02 at 03:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark
    Show

Mark takes the unfamiliar weapon. He has only ever used a semiautomatic handgun before, but he knew the basics. He made sure his finger was not on the trigger and pulled the hammer back then opened the door to look about into the corridor to see what was going on.
    Show

You see one of those....things.....busting at a door but then suddenly fall forward. this is down the hall fom you both and should not take long to addres.

Frank has by now dawned His Grenn Jacket thing as well as out on his knee-pads. He sighs. "God I hope this gambeson holds up......" He pick up his bag as he starts emptying it of unimportant stuff and filling it with the essentials. "What you seeing out there?"

Show

Initiative: (1D20+1)[10]

Show
    You go first. do you stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Show
    Yael notices he's obviously been heard, due to him tripping on the table.

No ambush, then. I guess I'll just surprise them somehow diferent.

The lawyer walks towards the door, and holds it with one hand, standing on the opposite side of the doorknob, holding his gun with a strong grip, and with the other holding the knob.

With a flick of the wrist, he opens the door to the inside of the room, to let whatever was hitting the door fall into the floor, so he could freeze it by pointing at it.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I know what's on the other side, but let's speed things up ;)
    Show

As you a person hits the ground violently....it snarls as it tries to get back up and attack you (AOO Time!)

Show

This isn't happening...

But it is. It is happening. Get it together!

Ahmed takes another swing at the... what is it? A person?

(1D20+1)[10]
    (1d4+1)[5]
    Show

You swing wild as panic sets in. the beast comes at you with a swipe of its hand.

(1D20+1)[10]
    (1d4+1)[5]

He narrowly misses as you block with the chunk of wood just in time.

Show

Ariana screams loud at the people peaking from the fire escape "Hey guys let's gather. In a pack we have better chances"

Show
    (.....tbh you're waiting on her reaction as well so I'll let her player know. btw you are now under group 1. post your response under that title rather than your name, but if they're are things to hide from other players please put them into a separate spoiler)

The door still remans mostly intact, though cracks begin to form as Wolf begins pacing in a circle freaking out.

Show
    Lydia takes the clock and examines it closely. As she does, she chooses her words with the utmost of care. "Once this is all over, I'll buy you a new one, Daddy. For now, just do your best to keep all of us safe." she says, hoisting her bags onto herself and opening the widow. Turning back, she takes a moment to look at both of her parents. "I love you." she states as calmly as possible, before turning back and stepping through the widow, doing her best to not betray her fears or tears as she makes her way down as quietly as she can.

Spoiler: OOC Tactics
    Show
    If it is possible for her to go directly to the fence without being noticed and see how to get out from there, Lydia will do so. If there are too many to sneak that way, Lydia will go ahead and activate the alarm for about 10 seconds, and with a second left before it activates, throw it to the other side of the alleyway, and wait to see if that might open up a path for her to take.

It should be easy for me to make any roll you want me to make for both the base scenario or either way this plan might go. Just let me know.

Show

I'm sorry. Maybe I either just misunderstood the implications of your first response or misworded my question. Though this follow up was exactly what I was looking for. There always could have been a chance of this entire situation being just a curse on this city/state, after all, but even questionable rumors concerning the situation in other areas is enough to at least make a guess.
    Show

As you sneak out the window you hear the sounds ofa woman yelling form above. She is drawing attention to herself as the horde now moves to beneath her window.

(btw you are now under group 1. post your response under that title rather than your name, but if they're are things to hide from other players please put them into a separate spoiler)

Show
    Whether or not I can up with a good plan is a different question.

You said there was no handy fire escape or anything out the window. What is out the window? Nothing that can support my weight? How bad a drop is it?

And since I'm kinda picking nits with the last question: do the ventilation ducts in this hotel seem like they can fit me and support my weight? (If anything that's probably a dumber question, huh?)

Really hoping it doesn't come down to whether I wait for the what-my-character's-not-yet-aware-are-zombies to find me, or whether I jump out to try to flank the ones that just passed by. If it does, though, did I hear which way they went? Edit: Actually, what did they sound like? I kinda assumed they were zombies rather than the other PCs.
    Show

There is no Fire escape but there IS a ledge. in theory you could walk it and it SHOULD mange to handle more than your weight.

You're on the top floor of a 6 floor hotel. I DARE you to jump.

They are vents but they are too small to crawl through. I guess they didn't want you pulling a bad spy movie stunt.
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2017-04-14 at 03:19 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Show

Keeping his distance as best he can Zenko attempts to slash the creature with his naginata. "How can it just ignore being hit with an arrow?!"

Show

Melee attack with Naginata: (1d20+2)[9]

Damage: (1d10+3)[8]

Aiden "Talon" Wulf