New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fallout Equestria: Meat and Mutilation

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Moonshadow shrugged, Perhaps. I do know there are plenty of ponies out there who seek to abuse their power and other ponies for their own gain. And that Doc isn't one of them. she said.
    Stitchheart didn't opt to reply, apparently concentrating on making sure that the small clusters of mechanical do-dads hovering over Doc's legs were doing what they were supposed to do.

Sure, just don't break it. It did let me see through any of Choro's illusions so far, so I'm pretty sure it's working in that regard at least. she said, handing the monocle over.
    Strata took the monocle with her magic, and held it up in front of her face. She looked puzzled at first, but then smiled mischievously.

"Hey, would you mind if I try and animate this? For science, I mean." Strata said, sounding more or less pleased with herself, "If it's a evil artifact or something, then it might try and bite us, but if it doesn't do anything, then I'd say it's a perfectly normal magical item."

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Heh, I happen to have been threatened by her, and she attempted to transform a friend of mine into a pig just cause my friend told it like it is," Doc answered, sounding like Greendream was one of those things you default to being disappointed in. "Her spell backfired, and we left her unconscious in a room at Sunnyside. Bloody face from whatever that magical feedback did to her."

It was like karma in action as Doc remembered it.

"My advice, if you have the receipt I'd exchange her for someone else."
    Abbas took another sip of his coffee. He had a pained expression on his face.

"She mentioned that, in between screaming about how a pig with hands was in her brain, eating her thoughts." the horse replied, sounding less concerned and more mortified, "Would you happen to know anything about that, as well?"

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    If Choro's successful she'll move on from here to the campsite out front.
    After managing to wash herself without killing herself, Choro was able to successful go towards the lobby! Nopony was around, and the camp outside was rather quiet. A small fire had been started outside, however, and it looked as if four or so ponies were gathered around it.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-12-26 at 01:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Meat and Mutilation

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strata took the monocle with her magic, and held it up in front of her face. She looked puzzled at first, but then smiled mischievously.

"Hey, would you mind if I try and animate this? For science, I mean." Strata said, sounding more or less pleased with herself, "If it's a evil artifact or something, then it might try and bite us, but if it doesn't do anything, then I'd say it's a perfectly normal magical item."
    If it breaks, you're paying for it. Moonshadow said.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Ah. This is how it's supposed to be.

Choro sighs a pleasant silent sigh to herself. Even at a distance, the campfire looks lovely. She withdraws a book from her pack, ready to read a little by the firelight, even as sh continues forward. She raises a hoof to the four ponies as she draws closer, smiling at them. It's good to be somewhere safe again.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Abbas took another sip of his coffee. He had a pained expression on his face.

"She mentioned that, in between screaming about how a pig with hands was in her brain, eating her thoughts." the horse replied, sounding less concerned and more mortified, "Would you happen to know anything about that, as well?"
    "That... no, I don't think I can explain that one," Doc says. He takes a sip, thinking about the last time he saw Greendream. "Reckon she was never the most stable pony on the guild's payroll."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

If it breaks, you're paying for it. Moonshadow said.
    Strata snorted, and briefly gave the monocle a look of concentration. After a few moments and a tiny flash of magic, Strata stopped holding the object with her magic and let it fall onto her hoof, where it fell on it's edge and stood up. It then began rolling around in a slow circle on Strata's hoof, not wavering at all as it refused to fall flat on it's side. After doing this a few times, it then rolled up Strata's arm and shoulders in a clear violation of physics and stopped only when it was snugly in front of her left eye.

The ghoul then winked at Moonshadow. "I think it likes me."

Ah. This is how it's supposed to be.

Choro sighs a pleasant silent sigh to herself. Even at a distance, the campfire looks lovely. She withdraws a book from her pack, ready to read a little by the firelight, even as sh continues forward. She raises a hoof to the four ponies as she draws closer, smiling at them. It's good to be somewhere safe again.
    The ponies sitting at the fire, which was alight in what appeared to be a rubber tire, were the pegusi sisters and the Moss brothers. The pink pegasus was completely asleep, and the older of the two earth pony colts were also asleep. The younger, chubbier brother was eating what appeared to be a protein bar that he occasionally held out towards the fire, possibly to melt the chocolate exterior a little before he munched on it, while Cassidy had three empty beer cans in front of her and was working on her forth, but was otherwise clearly alert.

"That... no, I don't think I can explain that one," Doc says. He takes a sip, thinking about the last time he saw Greendream. "Reckon she was never the most stable pony on the guild's payroll."
    The horse leaned back, and shook his head. He seemed rather tired.

"Unfortunately, from the information I have about her, she is among them. She was raised in Stable 83 by two well-to-do parents and has a personal history remarkably devoid of things such as petty theft or recreational drug use. As such, it would be rather unfortunate for her to suddenly be struck by a debilitating mental disorder so soon after getting out of a tricky political situation."

Abbas then took a sip of his coffee.

"In truth, I also picked her because I was interested what she observed of my sister's behavior. Which is the other reason why I am speaking with you."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The ponies sitting at the fire, which was alight in what appeared to be a rubber tire, were the pegusi sisters and the Moss brothers. The pink pegasus was completely asleep, and the older of the two earth pony colts were also asleep. The younger, chubbier brother was eating what appeared to be a protein bar that he occasionally held out towards the fire, possibly to melt the chocolate exterior a little before he munched on it, while Cassidy had three empty beer cans in front of her and was working on her forth, but was otherwise clearly alert.
    Soooo nice.

Choro takes her own seat by the fire, smiling at both River Stone and Cass. She flicks open the book, about to start reading, before something strikes her. "Are we missing a few ponies? Where did Ms. River and Mr. Light go?"

7. - Top - End - #7

"Unfortunately, from the information I have about her, she is among them. She was raised in Stable 83 by two well-to-do parents and has a personal history remarkably devoid of things such as petty theft or recreational drug use. As such, it would be rather unfortunate for her to suddenly be struck by a debilitating mental disorder so soon after getting out of a tricky political situation."

Abbas then took a sip of his coffee.

"In truth, I also picked her because I was interested what she observed of my sister's behavior. Which is the other reason why I am speaking with you."
    Doc tilted his head to one side. "Hmm, a stable stablepony. Would not have guessed it from my interaction with her." His eyebrow raise a bit once he hears about why Greendream is working for Abbas now. Doc sips his coffee.

"Oh? What is it you're looking to find out about your sis?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-01-02 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Fixing horse spelling
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Strata snorted, and briefly gave the monocle a look of concentration. After a few moments and a tiny flash of magic, Strata stopped holding the object with her magic and let it fall onto her hoof, where it fell on it's edge and stood up. It then began rolling around in a slow circle on Strata's hoof, not wavering at all as it refused to fall flat on it's side. After doing this a few times, it then rolled up Strata's arm and shoulders in a clear violation of physics and stopped only when it was snugly in front of her left eye.

The ghoul then winked at Moonshadow. "I think it likes me."
    Moonshadow gave Strata a small smile in reply. So did you learn anything from that?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Soooo nice.

Choro takes her own seat by the fire, smiling at both River Stone and Cass. She flicks open the book, about to start reading, before something strikes her. "Are we missing a few ponies? Where did Ms. River and Mr. Light go?"
    "They went off to track down some mare." Cassidy said, sounding rather uncaring about the subject, although she did have a eyebrow raised.

River Stone coughed before speaking up.

"They want to know where Ms. Shine went." the colt replied, sounding sympathetic.

Doc tilted his head to one side. "Hmm, a stable stablepony. Would not have guessed it from my interaction with her." His eyebrow raise a bit once he hears about why Greendream is working for Abbaas now. Doc sips his coffee.

"Oh? What is it you're looking to find out about your sis?"
    Abbas took a small sip of his coffee before calmly replying.

"Sari has lost most of her support in Sunnyside; at the moment, the ponies there under my payroll are holding the area, and the Servants are gone. At the moment, she is holed up on a ship in Oakville. I do not believe she has a plan, and the Olives likely consider her a liability at the moment. At this point in time, I merely wish to know how she was acting when she arrived there."

Moonshadow gave Strata a small smile in reply. So did you learn anything from that?
    Strata took a few moments to think the question over; meanwhile, the monocle gently wiggled in place.

"Well, it's not obviously enchanted to resist magic." Strata said, "And it doesn't seem to contain any inherent intelligence. And it's pretty solidly enchanted to have lasted this long. If I had to guess, this antique was made by some noble or another so they could tell whenever someone was trying to hide that they were going grey with magic or something else equally mundane."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Ms. Shine?"

So some kind of diamond-pony? Choro's eyes linger longingly on the book before looking down at the colt. She probably should focus on this. She smiles at River Stone. "I haven't met her yet. What's she like?" If this Ms. Shine was enough to demand both Light and River pursue her she was probably important. Or trouble. Or both. It's the Wasteland, you can never quite tell.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Sari has lost most of her support in Sunnyside; at the moment, the ponies there under my payroll are holding the area, and the Servants are gone. At the moment, she is holed up on a ship in Oakville. I do not believe she has a plan, and the Olives likely consider her a liability at the moment. At this point in time, I merely wish to know how she was acting when she arrived there."
    "Hmm, well she strolled into Oakville with those Olives like everything was fine. She seemed fairly upbeat and concerned for the residents. They brought several carts of food... and a bunch of armed ponies to 'protect the town'," Doc said with air quotes. "Course I'm sure it was all planned out. I reckon the leader of the Servants had my friends and I go there cause they knew we'd meddle with the problem of the town's... mayor, Special Snowflake, and of course soon as she was out of the picture nothing was in the way of the Olives walking in like they're the big heroes to save everyone from starvation."

"Though, why is she holed up in a ship? Did the Olives stab her in the back?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ms. Shine?"

So some kind of diamond-pony? Choro's eyes linger longingly on the book before looking down at the colt. She probably should focus on this. She smiles at River Stone. "I haven't met her yet. What's she like?" If this Ms. Shine was enough to demand both Light and River pursue her she was probably important. Or trouble. Or both. It's the Wasteland, you can never quite tell.
    River Stone perked up, and smiled broadly at Choro.

"Oh, she's nice and sort of short." the colt bluntly replied, "She owns a inn and most of the people who come to Oakville by boat stay there. She's Mr. Light's boss and she looked after my brother and sister and me for about a year after our parents died."

"Hmm, well she strolled into Oakville with those Olives like everything was fine. She seemed fairly upbeat and concerned for the residents. They brought several carts of food... and a bunch of armed ponies to 'protect the town'," Doc said with air quotes. "Course I'm sure it was all planned out. I reckon the leader of the Servants had my friends and I go there cause they knew we'd meddle with the problem of the town's... mayor, Special Snowflake, and of course soon as she was out of the picture nothing was in the way of the Olives walking in like they're the big heroes to save everyone from starvation."

"Though, why is she holed up in a ship? Did the Olives stab her in the back?"
    Abbas dispassionately listened to Doc's report and follow-up question, but shook his head at the end of it, and sighed in a way that usually associated with disappointed older siblings.

"From my understanding, Sari and the Olives with her unloaded a great deal of supplies into Oakville and left early the next day. However, they were then attacked by griffons, and the caravan was destroyed, with few survivors, my sister among them. After a slow retreat back to Oakville, they were allowed back inside and were given a damaged boat to shelter in. That is when my spy among Sari's retinue 'perished bravely', and that is where my information ends." the stallion dryly replied, using a slim hoof to make air quotes as he spoke, "Accordingly, I have no idea about what might have happened within the last twenty-four hours, although the Olives likely have no line out of Oakville, given the snowfall."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-12-28 at 11:03 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

"From my understanding, Sari and the Olives with her unloaded a great deal of supplies into Oakville and left early the next day. However, they were then attacked by griffons, and the caravan was destroyed, with few survivors, my sister among them. After a slow retreat back to Oakville, they were allowed back inside and were given a damaged boat to shelter in. That is when my spy among Sari's retinue 'perished bravely', and that is where my information ends." the stallion dryly replied, using a slim hoof to make air quotes as he spoke, "Accordingly, I have no idea about what might have happened within the last twenty-four hours, although the Olives likely have no line out of Oakville, given the snowfall."
    "The Olives didn't plan to stick around? Hmm, interesting," Doc said, curious as to why they wouldn't remain in the settlement. He remembered that Seaweed mentioned Livewire battling them. Now griffons on the roads? Geez, seems like he might have to make a trip back soon. Only medic in that town was Bay, and she's just a visitor currently on three legs. He hoped Mirror was alright and stayed out of the way. Though Sari might have asked her to return... ugh, Doc tried not to think about worst cases.

"So what is it you're looking to do at this point?" Doc asked him helpfully. "Need a doctor to make a house call? A team to extract your sister out of town?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Strata took a few moments to think the question over; meanwhile, the monocle gently wiggled in place.

"Well, it's not obviously enchanted to resist magic." Strata said, "And it doesn't seem to contain any inherent intelligence. And it's pretty solidly enchanted to have lasted this long. If I had to guess, this antique was made by some noble or another so they could tell whenever someone was trying to hide that they were going grey with magic or something else equally mundane."
    Or something like that. Moonshadow agreed, putting the monocle away. But back to the topic at hoof; Spirits haunting Doc, and if necromancy can be used to get them to go away.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro follows the little colt's words closely, trying to draw from them something to explain the current situation. This Ms. Shine was an innkeeper, travelling with the party, and Northern Light's employer. As well as some form of guardian for River Moss and her brothers. So this was likely a matter of worry. They would know the missing barpony: River and Light both seem too sensible to worry without due provocation.

This colt just told you that his parents were dead. Like it was nothing.
    Some part of Choro suddenly feels even colder. Something about this little pony's smiling face coupled with that casual mention of a tragedy.

Stupid Wasteland. Stupid, wretched, cursed Wasteland

The young unicorn coughs when Stone is done, matching his smile. "Ms. Shine sounds like a nice pony. I'll look forward to seeing her." Leaning back for a second, Choro proceeds to stare at her PipBuck, fiddling magically with the sparkly looking device. It's been a tiring few hours, but she's able to hammer out a swift message to transmit to Moonshadow's PipBuck. Just to be sure. River + Light looking for Shine. Left foals @ camp with sisters. Everything ok?

One quick press of the send button and a cleared screen later, Choro returns her attention to her companions. "I don't think we've been introduced properly. I'm Dichoro. Travelling wizard." She tips her hat, smiling at both the drinking pegasister and the little Earth Pony. The book hovers just behind her head: as if the newly cleaned hat and robes weren't quite enough of a clue.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2016-12-28 at 03:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Olives didn't plan to stick around? Hmm, interesting," Doc said, curious as to why they wouldn't remain in the settlement. He remembered that Seaweed mentioned Livewire battling them. Now griffons on the roads? Geez, seems like he might have to make a trip back soon. Only medic in that town was Bay, and she's just a visitor currently on three legs. He hoped Mirror was alright and stayed out of the way. Though Sari might have asked her to return... ugh, Doc tried not to think about worst cases.
    "Not particularly." Abbas replied, sounding dour, "The social situation in Oakville is ambiguous at best and it has a rough reputation simply due to being a port. It would likely take a week in this weather for word of a disappeared caravan to reach the headquarters of the Olive family."

"So what is it you're looking to do at this point?" Doc asked him helpfully. "Need a doctor to make a house call? A team to extract your sister out of town?"
    Abbas raised a eyebrow.

"I wouldn't imagine you have any fondness for my sister, or myself. What could bring you to rescue my errant sibling?" the horse asked, finishing his question with a long sip of coffee.

Or something like that. Moonshadow agreed, putting the monocle away. But back to the topic at hoof; Spirits haunting Doc, and if necromancy can be used to get them to go away.
    Strata grimaced.

"Probably not. You could try, but some sort of purifying magic would work better. Trying to get rid of a evil spirit with necromancy would be like trying to break a machine with a toolkit that may or may not have anything useful in it, because you're going at it without knowing what the machine is or what it looks like. Going at it with some sort of 'positive' magic would be more like trying to break a machine with a sledgehammer. When it comes to a type of magic like necromancy, trying to dispel it with something that negates it entirely would be the best option."

The young unicorn coughs when Stone is done, matching his smile. "Ms. Shine sounds like a nice pony. I'll look forward to seeing her." Leaning back for a second, Choro proceeds to stare at her PipBuck, fiddling magically with the sparkly looking device. It's been a tiring few hours, but she's able to hammer out a swift message to transmit to Moonshadow's PipBuck. Just to be sure. River + Light looking for Shine. Left foals @ camp with sisters. Everything ok?

One quick press of the send button and a cleared screen later, Choro returns her attention to her companions. "I don't think we've been introduced properly. I'm Dichoro. Travelling wizard." She tips her hat, smiling at both the drinking pegasister and the little Earth Pony. The book hovers just behind her head: as if the newly cleaned hat and robes weren't quite enough of a clue.
    "I'm River Stone!" the colt cheerfully replied, apparently in awe at Choro's getup, "I saw you do those fireworks earlier. That was awesome!"

17. - Top - End - #17

"Not particularly." Abbas replied, sounding dour, "The social situation in Oakville is ambiguous at best and it has a rough reputation simply due to being a port. It would likely take a week in this weather for word of a disappeared caravan to reach the headquarters of the Olive family."
    Doc nodded as he sipped his coffee. Interesting, so the Olives didn't lead this... Sari then? Hmm, guess she's not just another neighborly face. From what he overheard, the Olives would of set up their own provisional town mayor and kept control, but this was not following the rumor he had heard.

"I wouldn't imagine you have any fondness for my sister, or myself. What could bring you to rescue my errant sibling?" the horse asked, finishing his question with a long sip of coffee.
    "Maybe I'm just a nice stallion," Doc said behind his mug with a casual posture. "I have nothing against you. You were a gracious host if nothing else at the party despite what your sister had me believe. I am planning to return to Oakville after a short side trip to reunite with a friend of mine. If you want your sister rescued while I'm there, I can look into it, but if that's not part of the reason you're here, that's fine too. Just thought to offer."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Admiration! Confirmation! Respect! From a small colt, but still. Choro could almost feel herself swelling at that grin, and she does her best to act calm as she nods back to Stone. "Thank you. It was fun to put on a show. I used to do that back home in the Stable."

She holds up her PipBuck to River Stone, more out of habit than an actual need for demonstration. It was navy blue, and had small star patterns all across it. Custom painted. Choro sighs pleasently, looking up at the haze that should be the night-time sky.."I've been working on that spell for a while. Next time I try it, the fireworks should feel even better. The heat, the wind, that little flicker in the air as they zoom upwards. It takes practice to get it all just right, but I think I'm almost there."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe I'm just a nice stallion," Doc said behind his mug with a casual posture. "I have nothing against you. You were a gracious host if nothing else at the party despite what your sister had me believe. I am planning to return to Oakville after a short side trip to reunite with a friend of mine. If you want your sister rescued while I'm there, I can look into it, but if that's not part of the reason you're here, that's fine too. Just thought to offer."
    Abbas did not have a immediate reaction to Doc's response, and appeared to be studying him for a few moments before he replied.

"If your group would rescue my sister, that would be a great boon for me." Abbas replied, "Of course, that would likely involve a conflict with the Olives. Would you have any issues with killing several members of the Olive family, if necessary?"

Admiration! Confirmation! Respect! From a small colt, but still. Choro could almost feel herself swelling at that grin, and she does her best to act calm as she nods back to Stone. "Thank you. It was fun to put on a show. I used to do that back home in the Stable."
    The colt's eyes went wide.

"Ooh, that's why your dressed all funny." the colt replied, giving Choro a extra-large smile, "I'v never met a Stable pony before! There's a wizard in Oakville, but she isn't a Stable pony, but you're both! That's cool."

Meanwhile, Cassidy raised a eyebrow, but finished her beer and placed it in the small pile next to her. She then produced another bottle from somewhere under her sister's head and opened it with a easy twist of a hoof.

She holds up her PipBuck to River Stone, more out of habit than an actual need for demonstration. It was navy blue, and had small star patterns all across it. Custom painted. Choro sighs pleasently, looking up at the haze that should be the night-time sky.."I've been working on that spell for a while. Next time I try it, the fireworks should feel even better. The heat, the wind, that little flicker in the air as they zoom upwards. It takes practice to get it all just right, but I think I'm almost there."
    The colt briefly bit his upper lip before replying, in a manner that was really quite odd.

"So, can you do it for real?" the colt asked, his eyes growing wide.

20. - Top - End - #20

Abbas did not have a immediate reaction to Doc's response, and appeared to be studying him for a few moments before he replied.

"If your group would rescue my sister, that would be a great boon for me." Abbas replied, "Of course, that would likely involve a conflict with the Olives. Would you have any issues with killing several members of the Olive family, if necessary?"
    "First time I met an Olive, she was high off drugs and tried to kill me," Doc related to the horse. "So, she's now dead, and I figure my rep with the Olives is just as bad off. I'll try and reason with them first, but if they aren't in the mood to talk, then I won't have a problem using force to get Sari freed."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Strata grimaced.

"Probably not. You could try, but some sort of purifying magic would work better. Trying to get rid of a evil spirit with necromancy would be like trying to break a machine with a toolkit that may or may not have anything useful in it, because you're going at it without knowing what the machine is or what it looks like. Going at it with some sort of 'positive' magic would be more like trying to break a machine with a sledgehammer. When it comes to a type of magic like necromancy, trying to dispel it with something that negates it entirely would be the best option."
    Well I may as well try stabbing the thing with Virida's sword if it comes back. As for 'positive magic', what do you mean by that? Is that something Choro could cast, or is it more like the Fires of Friendship? Moonshadow asked.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The colt's eyes went wide.

"Ooh, that's why your dressed all funny." the colt replied, giving Choro a extra-large smile, "I've never met a Stable pony before! There's a wizard in Oakville, but she isn't a Stable pony, but you're both! That's cool."
    Even that smile can't quite stop the faint wound in Choro's heart at that description of her robes. She may just hear the words 'dressed all funny' when she's sleeping in the grave. Still, she manges a chortle. It's hard to feel negative around River Stone. She tugs on her hat, looking up at it before grinning back at the colt, "So, how does your town's wizard dress? Does she wear... a muffler? A long red coat? A hat made out of bees?"

Meanwhile, Cassidy raised a eyebrow, but finished her beer and placed it in the small pile next to her. She then produced another bottle from somewhere under her sister's head and opened it with a easy twist of a hoof.
    Choro raises an eyebrow but doesn't comment, just smiling across at the pegasus. Where do ponies find all this alcohol? Was there a liquor store somewhere in this hospital?

The colt briefly bit his upper lip before replying, in a manner that was really quite odd.

"So, can you do it for real?" the colt asked, his eyes growing wide.
    Choro tilts her head sideways, studying Stone curiously, "Do what? You've seen me do magic. Do you mean make real fireworks?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"First time I met an Olive, she was high off drugs and tried to kill me," Doc related to the horse. "So, she's now dead, and I figure my rep with the Olives is just as bad off. I'll try and reason with them first, but if they aren't in the mood to talk, then I won't have a problem using force to get Sari freed."
    Abbas seemingly finished his cup of coffee as Doc continued to speak, but the horse continued to drink more then what was seemingly possible, given the size of the cup in question. Actually, Doc's own cup didn't seem any less empty then a few minutes ago, when he woke up.

"I will take that is a yes." the horse replied, before standing up and glancing into the hazy scene of commerce nearby, "Would you follow me, then?"

Well I may as well try stabbing the thing with Virida's sword if it comes back. As for 'positive magic', what do you mean by that? Is that something Choro could cast, or is it more like the Fires of Friendship? Moonshadow asked.
    "Well, I don't want to call it 'good' magic, but I guess some might think of it that way." Strata replied, briefly looking worried before continuing, "But yeah, the Fires of Friendship and the Elements of Harmony and stuff like that would work, and so would anything that could be considered 'pure' on a metaphysical level. There's not much in Equestria that would fit that category besides some other magic items, but it's a lot more common among groups that have belief systems involving active protective entities. Honestly, before we jump to any conclusions about Doc being haunted or anything, I'd prefer to see if Choro can't try and fool whatever enchantment is powering the monocle."

Even that smile can't quite stop the faint wound in Choro's heart at that description of her robes. She may just hear the words 'dressed all funny' when she's sleeping in the grave. Still, she manges a chortle. It's hard to feel negative around River Stone. She tugs on her hat, looking up at it before grinning back at the colt, "So, how does your town's wizard dress? Does she wear... a muffler? A long red coat? A hat made out of bees?"
    River Stone blinked, and his eyes briefly wandered elsewhere before focusing back to Choro.

"She normally doesn't wear clothes." he finally replied, sounding slightly confused, "But her marefriend usually wears clothes all the time, so it sort of evens out."

Choro tilts her head sideways, studying Stone curiously, "Do what? You've seen me do magic. Do you mean make real fireworks?"
    River Stone eagerly nodded his head, and smiled broadly.

"Yeah, can you do it?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

River Stone blinked, and his eyes briefly wandered elsewhere before focusing back to Choro.

"She normally doesn't wear clothes." he finally replied, sounding slightly confused, "But her marefriend usually wears clothes all the time, so it sort of evens out."
    Choro nods sagely, understanding a little better now. She smiles, "Well, that's fine. Personally though, I think a wizard should always wear a pointy hat. Otherwise, how do you know they're a wizard?"

River Stone eagerly nodded his head, and smiled broadly.

"Yeah, can you do it?"
    Ah Now it makes sense. Choro takes a second, considering how best to phrase this. "In theory, yes. I studied under Overmare Glass, and a part of that was party preparation. It covered cakes, songs and all the classic parts of an Equestrian celebration. The trouble was that we didn't really have the supplies to make fireworks in the Stable. Being underground and everything; it wouldn't have been safe to fire one. Somepony could get hurt."

It wasn't fun. Choro remembered, a little glumly, just watching videos of a famous firework display as a filly. She'd tried to build up her illusionary version as best she could, but she couldn't be everywhere, or duplicate everything. She sits in silence for a little while before a thought comes to her. Grinning at the colt, Choro pulls a small white and chrome pistol from her pack, complete with a shiny 54 logo on the grip, barrel facing down. "I keep this though. It's a flare: a sort of emergency firework gun. It's for signalling if I ever get in trouble." Looking up at the green tinted sky, Choro sighs pleasantly. "They're also good for shooting at monsters."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hedged a little here, because I'm not sure if Choro could craft it or not? Demolitions is a separate skill IIRC, but that's for bombs, and Flares (the closest analogy to fireworks) fall under magical energy, which IIRC is usually crafted through Science... but the rules conflict: the ammo rules say you need a perk to craft ammo, whereas that perk itself, Vigilant Recycler, just says 'this makes you more efficient at crafting ammo'. I'm a little confused.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2016-12-30 at 08:01 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Abbas seemingly finished his cup of coffee as Doc continued to speak, but the horse continued to drink more then what was seemingly possible, given the size of the cup in question. Actually, Doc's own cup didn't seem any less empty then a few minutes ago, when he woke up.

"I will take that is a yes." the horse replied, before standing up and glancing into the hazy scene of commerce nearby, "Would you follow me, then?"
    "Alright. Where are we going?" Doc asked as he got up to follow Abbas.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-01-02 at 10:01 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

That would be worth trying, but I don't want to tire Choro out. We're headed into a very dangerous place, and she might need every drop of magic she can muster up. Moonshadow pointed out.

On that note, Doctor, how much time is Doc going to need to recovery? Every minute could mean someponies life. she asked Dr. Stitchheart.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2016-12-30 at 01:29 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Shade smiled geniality, and nodded.

"Well, forgive me for intruding, but may I ask on how Andante is doing?" she asked, sounding polite.
    "Well enough," Stellar replies. "For a pony not fond of cold travelling in a blizzard. She and Northern Light accompanied us on to Toronto General once it became clear there was nothing for us in Cabbagetown." Stellar finishes her second glass of punch and places it on the table. She waits patiently for Shade to get to the point.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Choro nods sagely, understanding a little better now. She smiles, "Well, that's fine. Personally though, I think a wizard should always wear a pointy hat. Otherwise, how do you know they're a wizard?"
    "They do magic." the colt replied, as if it was obvious.

Ah Now it makes sense. Choro takes a second, considering how best to phrase this. "In theory, yes. I studied under Overmare Glass, and a part of that was party preparation. It covered cakes, songs and all the classic parts of an Equestrian celebration. The trouble was that we didn't really have the supplies to make fireworks in the Stable. Being underground and everything; it wouldn't have been safe to fire one. Somepony could get hurt."
    The colt blinked again. Choro would've noticed that Cassidy, while silent, had a eyebrow raised.

It wasn't fun. Choro remembered, a little glumly, just watching videos of a famous firework display as a filly. She'd tried to build up her illusionary version as best she could, but she couldn't be everywhere, or duplicate everything. She sits in silence for a little while before a thought comes to her. Grinning at the colt, Choro pulls a small white and chrome pistol from her pack, complete with a shiny 54 logo on the grip, barrel facing down. "I keep this though. It's a flare: a sort of emergency firework gun. It's for signalling if I ever get in trouble." Looking up at the green tinted sky, Choro sighs pleasantly. "They're also good for shooting at monsters."
    The colt seemed slightly disappointed, but still leaned towards the pistol, possibly to judge it's monster-shooting capabilities. After a few moments, the colt's brows furled.

"Stables are underground, right? I didn't think the ceilings were that high. Why would ponies down there need them?" he mumbled, before looking up at Choro, obviously confused.

Show
    Hedged a little here, because I'm not sure if Choro could craft it or not? Demolitions is a separate skill IIRC, but that's for bombs, and Flares (the closest analogy to fireworks) fall under magical energy, which IIRC is usually crafted through Science... but the rules conflict: the ammo rules say you need a perk to craft ammo, whereas that perk itself, Vigilant Recycler, just says 'this makes you more efficient at crafting ammo'. I'm a little confused.
    [Ammo Crafter and Vigilant Recycler are different versions of each other; one working with normal ammo, and the other with magical energy ammo.]

"Alright. Where are we going?" Doc asked as he got up to follow Abbaas.
    As Doc stepped forward, the hazy scene around him dissipated like it was merely a mist. Doc found himself standing on a flat, lightly illuminated plain, and stepping forward left him with a rather diminished sense of direction entirely.

"A visual representation of my long-term plans." he replied, sounding slightly amused.

That would be worth trying, but I don't want to tire Choro out. We're headed into a very dangerous place, and she might need every drop of magic she can muster up. Moonshadow pointed out.
    Strata nodded.

"Yeah, I think I'll stick around here if you're going off somewhere that you know for sure is dangerous. Also, I'd imagine that she wouldn't be participating, right?"

On that note, Doctor, how much time is Doc going to need to recovery? Every minute could mean someponies life. she asked Dr. Stitchheart.
    Stitchheart paused in her typing, and silently turned towards Moonshadow.

"Preferably, a night's rest." the doctor pony replied, sounding slightly haggard.

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Well enough," Stellar replies. "For a pony not fond of cold travelling in a blizzard. She and Northern Light accompanied us on to Toronto General once it became clear there was nothing for us in Cabbagetown." Stellar finishes her second glass of punch and places it on the table. She waits patiently for Shade to get to the point.
    Shade gave Stellar a gentle smile, and nodded once before replying.

"Well, I was simply wondering if I give you something." Shade replied, tone pleasant, "If the blink dog can serve as a means of reliable transportation, of course."

Shade, promptly, plucked two small objects from the back part of her mane; they appeared to be two small bluish-grey gemstones, entirely mundane.

"Andante forgot these." Shade said, sounding apologetic. "While I imagine that she intends on returning when she can, they are family heirlooms of hers and I would imagine that she would feel better keeping them on her person."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The colt seemed slightly disappointed, but still leaned towards the pistol, possibly to judge it's monster-shooting capabilities. After a few moments, the colt's brows furled.

"Stables are underground, right? I didn't think the ceilings were that high. Why would ponies down there need them?" he mumbled, before looking up at Choro, obviously confused.
    "Well, we're not planning to stay down there forever!" Choro laughs, more for her own benefit than River Stone's. This struck a nerve. She's tense now. But looking at the colt... You're an ambassador of your Stable. Try and explain it to him. The wizard takes a breath, marshalling her thoughts before starting to talk again, "One day, everyone in the Stables will come up and start helping you. We're not supposed to stay underground forever. We'll build new towns, help with farming, work with you to rebuild Equestria."

A different tone works into the unicorn's voice as she speaks. A kind of fervour, or certainty. This matters to her. Choro's eyes drift towards the CNT, looming on the skyline, and she chuckles darkly, "There's some argument about when we should do that. But most of us agree we have to do it at some point."

Show
    [Ammo Crafter and Vigilant Recycler are different versions of each other; one working with normal ammo, and the other with magical energy ammo.]
    *nods* That's... not quite an answer though. Both perks imply that you can craft ammo without them, is that correct? (they just help you conserve ammo and make you better at crafting)

30. - Top - End - #30

As Doc stepped forward, the hazy scene around him dissipated like it was merely a mist. Doc found himself standing on a flat, lightly illuminated plain, and stepping forward left him with a rather diminished sense of direction entirely.

"A visual representation of my long-term plans." he replied, sounding slightly amused.
    "Charming," Doc said, looking around at the whole lot of flat nothing. He waited to see if Abbas had a point to make out here.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-01-02 at 10:04 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist