Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1416
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXI: Cancel the Jugglers

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Now the question is: what happens when Colette destroys the last body? Will Beausoleil cease to exist, or will he become a trapped consciousness somewhere? The latter would be like an infinitely long solitary confinement--a truly horrible thing.
    Stick the sword in him that he used to finish her father?
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Yeah, but what is it that it does in the panel to the left of "Blub"? (The mid-leftmost panel.)
    It's quite hard to read, and the text (judging from what appears to be the dot on an "!" or an "i") may also be mirrored.

I can only make out a few letters: _ A _ l i e (non-mirrored), which could be a yell. Mirroring it makes it even less readable.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

So Beausoleil has a real body...
    And he is gone.
    Oh well, I guess whatever fate awaits him will make the MoP look mercyful.Now that I mention her; as great as Collette's new dress looks I'm still worried it could be indicative for her mental state.
    Although her current behaviour seems to be relative sane-ish.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

We may not have seen the end of Beausoliel, but I hope his next appearance ends with his secret master disposing of him.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-06-19 at 01:46 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

If you think about it, Beausoleil has actually made things worse for anyone wanting to take Paris. Before, they had a weak and old Master to deal with--it's really only his reputation that prevented the city being attacked years ago. Now, they have a young powerful Mistress who will be far better able to defend the city. If Beausoleil had just done nothing then the Master might have survived, or at the very least Colette wouldn't have been forced into breaking through as a Spark.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    We may not have seen the end of Beausoliel, but I hope his next appearance ends with his secret master disposing of him.
    Yeah, I think the Foglios probably have some sort of plans for him. Otherwise, I think the Foglios would have had Colette completely dispose of him. It would have been more satisfying that way.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-06-19 at 10:08 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think Paris may be under attack right now ... otherwise Colette would have had more time to deal with her father's murderer. Or she just needs to clean up after Andy, Geisterdamen & their arachnid mounts, and hundreds of people trapped in elevators by a power outage, et cetera.

Still waiting for the crown to do something really quite unpleasant to Martellus. In the GG-verse, climbing atop a giant lion and being acclaimed as the new Storm King is the sort of hubris that leads to swift retribution.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Well thankfully Beausoleil did manage to escape. Im glad thats the case, because he is far more interesting than most of the other characters introduced in the paris arc so far.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    I think Paris may be under attack right now ... otherwise Colette would have had more time to deal with her father's murderer. Or she just needs to clean up after Andy, Geisterdamen & their arachnid mounts, and hundreds of people trapped in elevators by a power outage, et cetera.
    Castlebot was talking about attackers (plural) being a threat to Colette. I'm not sure how much to read into that, but it seemed to be more than Beausoleil who was trying to take over the Paris systems. I don't know how much Colette knows about that, but she at least knew Beausoleil had masters who coveted Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    If Beausoleil had just done nothing then the Master might have survived, or at the very least Colette wouldn't have been forced into breaking through as a Spark.
    Colette had already broken through as a Spark by the time Beausoleil killed the MoP. This page was just before Beausoleil killed him. She obviously had a great deal of Sparky power by that point. It is true, though, that Colette probably would have been distracted by trying to help her father if he were still alive. Beausoleil removed the MoP as a distraction. Now, Colette will be able to fully focus on protecting Paris and getting revenge on Beausoleil's master.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well thankfully Beausoleil did manage to escape. Im glad thats the case, because he is far more interesting than most of the other characters introduced in the paris arc so far.
    He's an ambitious Spark who is now a known traitor, whose one "trick" has been ended (multiple bodies), and whose current masters apparently have little use for him, at least given his disquiet when Colette suggested they would punish him. I doubt you'll see him again soon, unless the Foglio's want to reveal his master(s) and show his punishment.

Castlebot was talking about attackers (plural) being a threat to Colette. I'm not sure how much to read into that, but it seemed to be more than Beausoleil who was trying to take over the Paris systems. I don't know how much Colette knows about that, but she at least knew Beausoleil had masters who coveted Paris.
    Handsomesun is someone's servant. Is it possible for the master(s) to attack Paris without his aid? Castlebot also thought they would stand no chance against her once she was "fully integrated", and I'd say she is rather impressively powerful. It may be that whatever "mind" has been introduced into the Parisian systems is about to be rudely ejected.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

He's an ambitious Spark who is now a known traitor, whose one "trick" has been ended (multiple bodies), and whose current masters apparently have little use for him, at least given his disquiet when Colette suggested they would punish him. I doubt you'll see him again soon, unless the Foglio's want to reveal his master(s) and show his punishment.
    As such we dont know this bit for certain. All we know is that his bodies in Paris were eliminated. But i kinda doubt he would leave his true body without protection. And the advantage of clank bodies is that you can make them look like anything. So its not like it would be hard for him to rebuild another power base.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hope he never appears again. We need less villains (or characters in general), not more.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As such we dont know this bit for certain. All we know is that his bodies in Paris were eliminated. But i kinda doubt he would leave his true body without protection. And the advantage of clank bodies is that you can make them look like anything. So its not like it would be hard for him to rebuild another power base.
    Protection from who, via what methods? We don't know Beausoleil is particularly powerful outside of Paris. It appears he's more or less a parasite upon Simon Voltaire's Paris, and he just lost his host, Colette being an effective purgative against the parasite.

If he relied to the slightest degree upon the goodwill of his new master to protect his real body from the old master, he's very probably dead.
    If he did not, but his new master is more clever or powerful or "Sparky" than he is (very likely, given that he was able to learn from them), and they care enough to exert the necessary effort to kill him, he's very probably dead, or will be soon.

The disadvantage of clank bodies seems to be that Sparks can still recognize each other regardless of the bodies.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

IDK. I think he would have gloated about having bodies beyond Colette's reach if he had any. Since he only mentioned his true body, I think that's all he has.

If he relied to the slightest degree upon the goodwill of his new master to protect his real body from the old master, he's very probably dead.
    If he did not, but his new master is more clever or powerful or "Sparky" than he is (very likely, given that he was able to learn from them), and they care enough to exert the necessary effort to kill him, he's very probably dead, or will be soon.
    I just assumed that he probably moved into his masters' lair so he could learn as much as possible from them. (I think it's probably Lucrezia and Zola.) Even if not, I don't doubt that the masters could get to him. Still, I'm not sure that they would kill him. It probably depends on whether or not they have any more use for him. I certainly wouldn't rule out reintroducing Lucrezia to the story by having her eliminate Beausoleil, though.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-06-20 at 11:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

IDK. I think he would have gloated about having bodies beyond Colette's reach if he had any. Since he only mentioned his true body, I think that's all he has.

I just assumed that he probably moved into his masters' lair so he could learn as much as possible from them. (I think it's probably Lucrezia and Zola.) Even if not, I don't doubt that the masters could get to him. Still, I'm not sure that they would kill him. It probably depends on whether or not they have any more use for him. I certainly wouldn't rule out reintroducing Lucrezia to the story by having her eliminate Beausoleil, though.
    He may be smarter than the most recent couple of strips have made him appear, and be playing Colette; perhaps he's got more resources than he's letting on. Not within Paris; I'm taking it as Word of Foglio right now that when Colette says she knows everything that is going on in Paris, that's everything. Including and especially nasty little traitors lurking in the systems. But outside Paris, he may have stored his consciousness in some sort of distributed network / have backups. OTOH, I think he's in over his head; Colette just owned him in Paris, and The Other / Zola I think can own him as completely outside.

His near-term status is likely to be either corpse or subservient minion.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Protection from who, via what methods? We don't know Beausoleil is particularly powerful outside of Paris. It appears he's more or less a parasite upon Simon Voltaire's Paris, and he just lost his host, Colette being an effective purgative against the parasite.
    Where the heck does the parasite thing comes from?
    ANd why should we think he is any less powerful outside Paris? I dont recall anything that directly states he is dependent on the Paris systems. So protection from the long list of people that seems to dislike him. And protection from a minor army of clank bodies.

Now this does more and more sound like wishful thinking, in the hope that he will kick the bucket. To start with killing off your own minions are extremely inefficient, i doubt any global players are going to be dumb enough for that. And do you have any idea about how monumental a task its going to be tracking someone down in a world without even the phone, thats ravaged by war to boot? The necessary effort to actually find another spark with a high degree of cunning is going to be far more than its worth.

He is already gloating about his true body being outside of her reach. That there are also minor bodies back seems kinda insignificant.
    Also, he did manage to fool the master. I dont see why he should not be able to fool Colette as well.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

DID he fool the master though? He always gave off this vibe of, "I know what you are doing, im just letting it go for now till it becomes an issue" This whole thing never would have worked without the storm king coming back to "life" and causing a ruckus requiring his full and lethal power. Think of it like gil and wooster. Gil knows wooster is a spy for england, wooster knows that gil knows. Im sure its in the back of their minds that at some point wooster may be ordered to backstab gil but until then, he is an excellent manservant and this is the whole game within a game as its played at this level. Gil knows where the spy is, wooster knows his information is suspect because of that fact, but its business as usual.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

He is already gloating about his true body being outside of her reach. That there are also minor bodies back seems kinda insignificant.
    Also, he did manage to fool the master. I dont see why he should not be able to fool Colette as well.
    Well, if the point of the gloating was to put down Colette relative to himself, pointing out that she failed to destroy all of his normal clank bodies would seem like a thing to do if he could. But yeah, we can't be sure. He might even have some that are partially built, but not quite complete, or maybe he can quickly build a bunch. I don't really know.

At the same time, I doubt it matters much. His clank bodies didn't seem all that robust. Granted, the probably have been improved recently, but I doubt they would give his masters much trouble if they really wanted to destroy Beausoleil completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    DID he fool the master though? He always gave off this vibe of, "I know what you are doing, im just letting it go for now till it becomes an issue" This whole thing never would have worked without the storm king coming back to "life" and causing a ruckus requiring his full and lethal power. Think of it like gil and wooster. Gil knows wooster is a spy for england, wooster knows that gil knows. Im sure its in the back of their minds that at some point wooster may be ordered to backstab gil but until then, he is an excellent manservant and this is the whole game within a game as its played at this level. Gil knows where the spy is, wooster knows his information is suspect because of that fact, but its business as usual.
    In this case, though, the MoP seem to have been caught off guard. He incorrectly guessed that Agatha was Beausoleil's master and he seemed very upset by what he learned. He also admitted to Agatha that Beausoleil had gotten to him emotionally. To me, it seems pretty clear that Beausoleil's betrayal was a complete surprise to him.

19. - Top - End - #1369

BlueWizardGirl

Not that this isn't very dramatic, but young girls in Paris need to learn not to burn through their wardrobe. Just ask Agatha. You think you'll just pick up some new things, but it always turns out to be more complicated than that.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

On the plus side, this comic implies collette will do quite well for herself if it comes down to an open battle. Its all there, intact, in good condition, waiting to be used by someone strong enough. And here the lovely soon to be clothing free mistress of paris stands, ready to unleash hell.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

On the plus side, this comic implies collette will do quite well for herself if it comes down to an open battle. Its all there, intact, in good condition, waiting to be used by someone strong enough. And here the lovely soon to be clothing free mistress of paris stands, ready to unleash hell.
    Simon Voltaire: "I am the only weak component". Colette doesn't look very weak at the moment. Those deep machines and ancient weapons are ready for her employ.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Actually... which part of operating a large computer network requires the admin to be on fire?

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    Actually... which part of operating a large computer network requires the admin to be on fire?
    The part where the admin has to become the cpu. Clearly she should have worn more fans, the overheating issue is out of control.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

See, sometimes a fuse burns out in the electrical system, but you can't afford to let the client's server go down even for the short period of time it takes to replace the fuse. So a temporary substitute is needed to bridge the circuit, and if you don't have an intern handy, the admin steps up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's a Firewall!
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

The part where the admin has to become the cpu. Clearly she should have worn more fans, the overheating issue is out of control.
    This overheating looks bad enough that a liquid cooling solution seems to be practically necessary, here. Might have to throw Colette into the Seine at some point.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    This overheating looks bad enough that a liquid cooling solution seems to be practically necessary, here. Might have to throw Colette into the Seine at some point.
    She's a spark, she's already in Seine by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

She's not on fire, only her clothes. As the Mask would say, she's smokin'!
    I've worked on computers big enough to require an under-the-floor water cooling system; good old MVS mainframes.

I would advise against trying to throw Colette into the Seine. It might end badly.

Still waiting to see what catastrophe is happening to poor dim-witted Tweedle from donning that crown. C'mon, Foglio's, don't make me wait!

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    She's a spark, she's already in Seine by default.
    Girl Genius XXII: In-Seine by default
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

30. - Top - End - #1380

BarbarianGuy

She's not on fire, only her clothes. As the Mask would say, she's smokin'!
    I've worked on computers big enough to require an under-the-floor water cooling system; good old MVS mainframes.

I would advise against trying to throw Colette into the Seine. It might end badly.

Still waiting to see what catastrophe is happening to poor dim-witted Tweedle from donning that crown. C'mon, Foglio's, don't make me wait!
    I am wondering if MsoP will regard Agatha with the same benign opinion now that she is responsible for the safety and well-being of Paris. However well intentioned, Agatha did awken Andy and the chaos that ensued. Likewise, she highjacked various Parisian systems via Kestlebot and Loco-motive. Undeniably, where Heterodyne goes, trouble follows.

I could see Agatha, to her chagrin, being informed by MsoP that the time limit on her stay was still in force, possibly increased for her help against Andy.

Girl Genius XXII: In-Seine by Default get my vote.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.