Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,416 of 1416
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXI: Cancel the Jugglers

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Ah! OK. So he wasn't as loyal to Lucrezia as I thought he was. Weren't any of them working on only one plot at a time?
    It's also possible that he was loyal to Lucrezia, but concluded that he didn't know when she was coming back and that continuing her plans with a false Heterodyne would be superior to letting Wulfenbach develop a dynasty. After all, a fake Heterodyne who depended on his backing could be more easily crushed or subverted for Lucrezia's return than a strong and intact Wulfenbach dynasty.

In fact, it's entirely possible he hoped to eventually try copying Lucrezia's mind into Zola (who is a relative of Lucrezia and therefore potentially qualifies, although of course if that was his plan then Zola was a step ahead of him.)

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It sounds to me like Colette is grateful for the assistance provided by Castlebot. "Bonsoir cherie" translates roughly as "Good evening, dear", and I take the bit about subverting the city as being a joke, not a complaint.

In case we want to abandon the Seine pun, GG XXII: "INSOLENCE!" might work. Both Castlebot and Trainbot have said it to Sparks in the last 5 pages or so.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Agatha had the time to put Heterodyne sigils on her hairpins? She's really getting good at this 'multitasking during a crisis' thing.

Also, fuzzerpiller sighting, for those who worry about that.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    It's also possible that he was loyal to Lucrezia, but concluded that he didn't know when she was coming back and that continuing her plans with a false Heterodyne would be superior to letting Wulfenbach develop a dynasty. After all, a fake Heterodyne who depended on his backing could be more easily crushed or subverted for Lucrezia's return than a strong and intact Wulfenbach dynasty.

In fact, it's entirely possible he hoped to eventually try copying Lucrezia's mind into Zola (who is a relative of Lucrezia and therefore potentially qualifies, although of course if that was his plan then Zola was a step ahead of him.)
    It also could be that he needed to participate in the Storm King plot to maintain his position, which allowed him to continue to work for Lucrezia. As Ellen said, Tarvek might not have known everything or he might have simplified things while talking to Agatha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    It sounds to me like Colette is grateful for the assistance provided by Castlebot. "Bonsoir cherie" translates roughly as "Good evening, dear", and I take the bit about subverting the city as being a joke, not a complaint.
    Yes, that's basically the way I read it, too. It's worth remembering that Agatha was just parading around on the hijacked child catcher, so it's no wonder that Colette teased her for subverting the city's systems that way. I think Colette was complaining a little bit about that, but not harshly. In any case, Colette stopped it and took control back. I don't expect any more ramifications.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    It also could be that he needed to participate in the Storm King plot to maintain his position, which allowed him to continue to work for Lucrezia. As Ellen said, Tarvek might not have known everything or he might have simplified things while talking to Agatha.

Yes, that's basically the way I read it, too. It's worth remembering that Agatha was just parading around on the hijacked child catcher, so it's no wonder that Colette teased her for subverting the city's systems that way. I think Colette was complaining a little bit about that, but not harshly. In any case, Colette stopped it and took control back. I don't expect any more ramifications.
    It's also possible that Tarvek, at that point in the story, choose to lie to Agatha because "My entire family is comprised of power-mad scheming liars" is not really a good prequel to " ... and you should marry me and make me your consort!".
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    It's also possible that Tarvek, at that point in the story, choose to lie to Agatha because "My entire family is comprised of power-mad scheming liars" is not really a good prequel to " ... and you should marry me and make me your consort!".
    And he was doing so well after unfairly blaming Agatha for the huge battleclanks attacking Mechanicsburg and allowing his bodyguard to hold a knife next to Agatha's neck.
    Last edited by eschmenk; Today at 04:11 PM.