New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXI: Cancel the Jugglers

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Ah! OK. So he wasn't as loyal to Lucrezia as I thought he was. Weren't any of them working on only one plot at a time?
    It's also possible that he was loyal to Lucrezia, but concluded that he didn't know when she was coming back and that continuing her plans with a false Heterodyne would be superior to letting Wulfenbach develop a dynasty. After all, a fake Heterodyne who depended on his backing could be more easily crushed or subverted for Lucrezia's return than a strong and intact Wulfenbach dynasty.

In fact, it's entirely possible he hoped to eventually try copying Lucrezia's mind into Zola (who is a relative of Lucrezia and therefore potentially qualifies, although of course if that was his plan then Zola was a step ahead of him.)

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It sounds to me like Colette is grateful for the assistance provided by Castlebot. "Bonsoir cherie" translates roughly as "Good evening, dear", and I take the bit about subverting the city as being a joke, not a complaint.

In case we want to abandon the Seine pun, GG XXII: "INSOLENCE!" might work. Both Castlebot and Trainbot have said it to Sparks in the last 5 pages or so.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

3. - Top - End - #1413

Agatha had the time to put Heterodyne sigils on her hairpins? She's really getting good at this 'multitasking during a crisis' thing.

Also, fuzzerpiller sighting, for those who worry about that.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    It's also possible that he was loyal to Lucrezia, but concluded that he didn't know when she was coming back and that continuing her plans with a false Heterodyne would be superior to letting Wulfenbach develop a dynasty. After all, a fake Heterodyne who depended on his backing could be more easily crushed or subverted for Lucrezia's return than a strong and intact Wulfenbach dynasty.

In fact, it's entirely possible he hoped to eventually try copying Lucrezia's mind into Zola (who is a relative of Lucrezia and therefore potentially qualifies, although of course if that was his plan then Zola was a step ahead of him.)
    It also could be that he needed to participate in the Storm King plot to maintain his position, which allowed him to continue to work for Lucrezia. As Ellen said, Tarvek might not have known everything or he might have simplified things while talking to Agatha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    It sounds to me like Colette is grateful for the assistance provided by Castlebot. "Bonsoir cherie" translates roughly as "Good evening, dear", and I take the bit about subverting the city as being a joke, not a complaint.
    Yes, that's basically the way I read it, too. It's worth remembering that Agatha was just parading around on the hijacked child catcher, so it's no wonder that Colette teased her for subverting the city's systems that way. I think Colette was complaining a little bit about that, but not harshly. In any case, Colette stopped it and took control back. I don't expect any more ramifications.

5. - Top - End - #1415

SamuraiGuy

It also could be that he needed to participate in the Storm King plot to maintain his position, which allowed him to continue to work for Lucrezia. As Ellen said, Tarvek might not have known everything or he might have simplified things while talking to Agatha.

Yes, that's basically the way I read it, too. It's worth remembering that Agatha was just parading around on the hijacked child catcher, so it's no wonder that Colette teased her for subverting the city's systems that way. I think Colette was complaining a little bit about that, but not harshly. In any case, Colette stopped it and took control back. I don't expect any more ramifications.
    It's also possible that Tarvek, at that point in the story, choose to lie to Agatha because "My entire family is comprised of power-mad scheming liars" is not really a good prequel to " ... and you should marry me and make me your consort!".

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

It's also possible that Tarvek, at that point in the story, choose to lie to Agatha because "My entire family is comprised of power-mad scheming liars" is not really a good prequel to " ... and you should marry me and make me your consort!".
    And he was doing so well after unfairly blaming Agatha for the huge battleclanks attacking Mechanicsburg and allowing his bodyguard to hold a knife next to Agatha's neck.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-06-26 at 04:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Oh, I don't know...

"I'm the heir of a power-mad scheming family, you're the heir to a dynasty of unstable lunatic inventors. We're made for each other!"
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    We're made for each other!
    See, that's the problem right there. Wasn't one of the many Mongfish schemes to breed a better Storm king heir? When someone in GG says something along those lines, you have to wonder if they don't mean it literally.

GW
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2017-06-27 at 11:18 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

There were apparently multiple plots to install a false Heterodyne, so we can't know for sure that the one Tarvek's father was working on was the one involving Zola.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

In case we want to abandon the Seine pun, GG XXII: "INSOLENCE!" might work. Both Castlebot and Trainbot have said it to Sparks in the last 5 pages or so.
    One of the reasons that I would like In Seine to be used is because it was posted by our estimable long-suffering Keeper of the GG Threads, The Glyphstone. A small nod of gratitude for his faithful and generous service on our behalf.

That, and the excellence of the line as applied to both the specific situation of being in Paris and Spark behaviour throughout the entire comic.

$.02
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

11. - Top - End - #1421

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    One of the reasons that I would like In Seine to be used is because it was posted by our estimable long-suffering Keeper of the GG Threads, The Glyphstone. A small nod of gratitude for his faithful and generous service on our behalf.

That, and the excellence of the line as applied to both the specific situation of being in Paris and Spark behaviour throughout the entire comic.

$.02
    It is just too perfect of a pun not to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Voting for In Seine as well.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #1423

SamuraiGuy

I'm afraid the only proper response to the insistence on keeping "In Seine" is, in fact, INSOLENCE!

Latest comic, it appears that Team not-bad Spark is going head to head with all the Other's minions. Also, while I doubt anyone's surprised, this is the first time I think we've had direct confirmation that it was The Other that was behind the attacks on Paris.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

New comic link. At first I was surprised that so many people were wearing green, but that was the primary color for the MoP's personnel.

15. - Top - End - #1425

Interestingly, there's no one else from Agatha's party in that crowd scene.

16. - Top - End - #1426

SamuraiGuy

New comic link. At first I was surprised that so many people were wearing green, but that was the primary color for the MoP's personnel.
    For the most part, dark skin = Paris native = green outfit = Colette's minion. Except for the red-eyed fellow that works for House Sturmvorous.

Not everyone there is a Spark, unless some of the Knights of the Hunt pull double-duty.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

What would "Steam Hair" be/do?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

So who want to bet that when Gil will arrive he will accidentaly and/or because of Mind clauss crazyness spoil everything thus appearing as the bad guy and making the new strom king Martellus look even better ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2017-06-29 at 04:46 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

19. - Top - End - #1429

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    So who want to bet that when Gil will arrive he will accidentaly and/or because of Mind clauss crazyness spoil everything thus appearing as the bad guy and making the new strom king Martellus look even better ?
    I'm more inclined toward "Gil & Bang & Higgs & Vole arrive in the nick of time (but not on the Mechane, which is otherwise occupied) and help Colette save Paris". I think we're pretty much promised getting to see General Vole in combat. And I think it will be impressive to see.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In Seine by default is a great title.
    Fits perfectly. Vote!
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

Girl Genius... it's just one ongoing quest for pants (and hats).

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

We've seen London
    We've seen France
    We've seen Paris without her pants?

23. - Top - End - #1433

I'm pretty sure that the real fashion spark is Tarvek. He managed to get Collette dressed faster than a changing plumage mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Yes, we wouldn't want to upset the citizenry of Paris. The French have such notoriously conservative attitudes about nudity, after all.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-06-30 at 12:58 AM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    Yes, we wouldn't want to upset the citizenry of Paris. The French have such notoriously conservative attitudes about nudity, after all.
    It is one of their Follies. One can hope that Collette can shepherd(ess?) them round it...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

As much as I liked
    Girl Genius XXII: A Final Moment of Sanity

I think i'm gonna have to lean towards
    Girl Genius XXII: Paris Needs Pants!
    Last edited by slayerx; 2017-06-30 at 09:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dread. This is where we learn Colette was wasped too, isn't it?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I think i'm gonna have to lean towards
    Girl Genius XXII: Paris Needs Pants
    +1 limit dance
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the real fashion spark is Tarvek. He managed to get Collette dressed faster than a changing plumage mastery.
    Smoke Knight training. If they can substitute what you are holding, even if it's a fully clothed person, for a similarly clothed dummy, whipping clothes unto Collette's nude bod should also be possible. He seems to have managed to assemble a pretty attractive ensemble and tailor it to her form. But this IS Tarvek, after all.

The clothes also seem to be holding up much better than her previous costume. She's evidently no longer radiating more energy than fabric can stand.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm more inclined toward "Gil & Bang & Higgs & Vole arrive in the nick of time (but not on the Mechane, which is otherwise occupied) and help Colette save Paris".
    Oh, if they arrived on anything resembling the Mechane, that would be an awesome shoutout.