New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [PF] Walk The Blind Eternities

You walk the Blind Eternities, a swirling tempest of Æther, Mana, and the flotsam and jetsam of planes that were torn asunder. Each of you searching for something be it a new home, an old home, adventure, or vengeance. You've done this more then once but this time something feels off its like slogging through a rip tide or a waist deep marsh each step only moves you a few inches. Then suddenly you are ripped off your feet and pulled violently towards something, your vision go's black and you are shunted from the eternities. Falling hard onto solid ground you try to gain your baring and realize you are not alone.

Spoiler: Dark vision
    Show
    You are in small cave, roughly 25x25 with a rounded ceiling. On the walls are covered in a row of eyes intimidating in their design. three other beings reside in the room.

Last edited by arixe; 2016-12-28 at 12:58 PM.
    GENERATION 19

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Walk The Blind Eternities

VOLARUS CORVINUS

Volarus grimaced as he landed hard. This had never happened before. Taking quick stock of his surroundings, he immediately drew his massive seven-branched sword from his back. His eyes scatter back and forth, wary, but his mouth stays shut, silent as the mountain.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Perception: (1d20+9)[11]
    Volarus does NOT have darkvision, in case that matters. If it does matter, he'll take out his everburning torch from his haversack first, and then do a perception.
    Last edited by grifter730; 2016-12-29 at 03:24 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Can't say I like this much," Emmê murmurs, tracing the eyes with a finger, studying them. "Has to be at least a little ominous."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Xarax groaned a little as he stumbled about a for a bit, getting his bearings, before casting the spell of dancing lights, little colored balls roll around in his hand. "Hello.. what happened?"
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Selena answers with a short magical rhyme of her own that shortly thereafter results in balls of soft white light dancing about.

"Star light, star bright,
    The first star I see tonight;
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    Have the wish I wish tonight.
    "

The dancing light shine upon an exquisitely beautiful woman with long dark hair, fair skin and blue eyes. She's dressed in comfortable, but practical clothes, blue pants and a blue jacket showing off a fair bit of cleavage.

She throws up a bright smile to greet the others. Despite being surprised at the situation, she doesn't show it. "Hello there! Seems like I'm not the only one who didn't expect things to go over quite like this. I'm Selena Cyndana and it's a pleasure to meet you. Whom might you all be, and could you please tell me where we are?"

Spoiler: ooc/mechanics
    Show
    Not that it matters because you are PCs, but you should make a DC 21 will save or have your attitude towards Selena increased by one step. Not sure what you start at, could be indifferent or something else of your chosing.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2017-01-01 at 02:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

The room bursts with light coming from three different sources causing everything to begin casting wierd shadows and the peacock eyes dance on the walls as the light sorceses flicker and move. The eyes are a deep purple with a red inner circle and a black center. They look towards the far edge of the room which is a strange pit with a deep endless darkness. Everyones words echo inharmoniously in the cave bouncing all around the room and finally dying to the pit.

The room is quite devoid of objects save a large store of aninal bones and other strange items stored in spongy wooden crates.
    Last edited by arixe; 2017-01-01 at 06:39 PM.
    GENERATION 19

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Xarax pulls out a small stone that begins to circle his head creating a little glowing halo. He begins gather information on the situation he could see.. He was here with people, in a room with animal bones and sponge crates. Growing up in the barrens, he wasn't about to be even the be the slightest bit afraid. His hand moves working to open the nearest crate to him with his kineses

"Xarax is my name."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

VOLARUS CORVINUS

Volarus was taken aback as several flashes of light, including his own, illuminated the room. His muscle reflex shifted his weight to the ball of his feet, but everyone seemed just as surprised. He stared at each one of them for a few moments, taking stock of what he's seeing, and trying to gather any information he could about them. They may be friends or foes, no way to know that for now, but a grin began to creep along his face, which made him look somewhat sinister.

Volarus stays quiet still, letting the others speak. Selena, the beautiful woman said her name was. Xarax, said another. Still, he waits for the others to speak.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flinching, Emmê opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to all the scattered lights where there was enough before. She tilted a relaxed shoulder, letting the bow slide off her bare skin before snatching it as it fell. "That's good to know." The tension in the undine's voice belies her lax posture. "What are you doing here?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I'm not actually sure how I ended up here, nor where here is exactly. It's not where I intended to go. By the looks of things, you guys are about as surprised as me though. Did any of you plan to come here or know where we are? If none of you know. Perhaps you would like to join me in figuring out what's going on here?" Selena inquires with a smile.

She then looks at Emmê. "Did you figure out what those things are? Also, could you please tell us who you are? Give me a moment and I'll help you investigate."

Selena does a short graceful dance as she moves over to the eyes. She twirls around herself and jumps on over.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Activate Peagent of the Peacock for 10 minutes bardic perfomances remaining: 18/19. Current bluff modifier is now +37 (including Peagent and inspiring example).
    Knowedge arcana about what happened on the way here:
    (1d20+37)[45]
    Knowledge arcana about the eyes:
    (1d20+37)[52]
    Knowledge nature about what's int he crates:
    (1d20+37)[45]
    Last edited by oyzar; 2017-01-07 at 05:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Spoiler: Selena Knowledge
    Show
    Well as far as you recall from picking the brains of planes walkers you met on Ravnica. The Blind Eternities are very chaotic. It is possible it was a natural phanomona but just as likely it could be deliberate.

You remember several stories about symbols like this showing up in the Golgari Swarms lore accounts. It is likely a planes walker could have influenced it on either plane.

The bones are most definitely components for necromantic divination or other rituals.

As you all orient your selves you realize there is a soft sound emanating from the pit. It sounds like chanting it's just quite enough to be inaudible. The shadows seem to be alive as the dance as Selena, Emma and Xarax move about the room.

Xarax peels a rotted lid off the one of the sealed crates and inside aside a nest of termites is tarnished silver wear and other celebratory items most likely used for rituals and such.
    Last edited by arixe; 2017-01-09 at 04:14 PM.
    GENERATION 19

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Volarus waits until the other three creatures in the room finishes talking, unsure of their intentions, but it seemed safe to assume they were as confused as he was about this strange turn of events. Most likely they're also planeswalkers, and that brought a smile to his face.

"GODLINGS!" His voice boomed throughout the chamber. "I AM VOLARUS CORVINUS, THE SURVIVING SON OF SOLARUS CORVINUS, BROTHER OF FREYJA THE GENTLE, THE BATTLEHEART OF JUNKAI FOREST WHERE THE KAMI TREADS, AND I OFFER YOU GODLINGS MY GREETINGS." He bows deeply to each person.

After orienting himself, Volarus walks over the the pit along with the group to investigate the noise emanating from within.
    Last edited by grifter730; 2017-01-10 at 09:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Xarax huffed a little as he removed the lid. No answers, nothing of use in there. He was here with random people he.."Ah!" he jumps with a start as the loud man begins talking "You.. Can talk?! No yell. You can Yell. "