1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thumbs up Head Trip (Scilight #13)

Head Trip
    First Page
    Home Page
    On Piperka

What
    Head Trip by Amanda "Shinga" Bussell is a twisted humor webcomic on LiveJournal. It had been on a forced hiatus since late April -- house got flooded -- but it's back!

Pluses
    Head Trip is one of the funniest, most memorable comics that you've probably never read. The characters have that Penny Arcade way of saying things that sound like how we'd like to think we really talk; in fact, the fourth strip was a one-off poking fun at the comparison that people were already making. Also, Shinga's distinctive art style burrows into my brain, makes a nest and refuses to leave.

I love the running gag introduced in the first strip about Malory's final destination; Shinga continues to find fresh twists on it, like in the recent strip "Work Smart". Also, the "Emokid and Chemokid" stories are disturbingly hilarious (or hilariously disturbing, either way). Their names aren't references to psionic powers or mad science. One's a hipster who cries at the mention of a dropped hat; the other's going through chemotherapy for cancer. It's awesome.

Cautions
    The humor can be pretty outrageous. Fortunately, it starts right off with an abortion joke so you'll be able to tell whether it's your cup of tea.

Also, it's on LiveJournal so the archive navigation is awful. There's no "First" button at all and you have to scroll back up to the top for the "Next" button after scrolling down to read the bottom of the strip.

Previous
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scilight #12: Framed!!!
    Scilight #11: Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan
    Scilight #10: Indefensible Positions
    Scilight #9: Sorcery 101
    Scilight #8: Magellan
    Scilight #7: Emergency Exit & Parallel Dementia
    Scilight #6: Hero by Night
    Scilight #5: The Dreamwalker Chronicles
    Scilight #4: Estancia
    Scilight #3: Juathuur
    Scilight #2: Inhuman
    Scilight #1: Gravity

Note
    Yes, that's how I keep my promise to deliver a "pop" webcomic this week. What of it?

As always, I'm interested in your feedback, what you thought of my recommendation, requests for future genres and so on.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-07-17 at 07:21 PM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Re: Head Trip (Scilight #13)

Heh, that Webcomic is quite....evil
    However I like the art, and most of the jokes made me laugh, so I bookmarked it.
    Good find

3. - Top - End - #3

Are you doing more of these?

I'm very tempted to start my very own Knightlight series even if you don't, just because I read a lot of comics that are very different from the ones you do!

Currently DMing:
    In the Emperors' Hand

4. - Top - End - #4
    Hero in the Playground Moderator

Oh, good, just when I was looking for a new one. I like it. It's straight up funny, none of this "deep" crap you keep pushing on us to try to make us "think" or whatever nonsense kids are up to these days.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by storybookknight View Post
    Are you doing more of these?
    Not as a regular weekly thing any more. I've mostly scratched the itch that caused me to start doing these. From now on, they'll be completely random like my remixes.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!