New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [IC]All Creatures Great and Small (5E)

Anastasiya stopped bouncing up and down. Thankfully, her stony face betrayed none of the embarrassment she was beginning to feel.

"Oops, um, sorry Amalar. I got a little carried away there. ...Say, uh, do you like seafood?", she asked, smoothly changing the subject as she resumed her eastwards trek. This time, Anastasiya made sure to keep her feet firmly on top of the ground.

"I'm asking because your wings look sort of the same shape as sea-birds, all wide and narrow, and your long beak looks good for scooping fish out of water. So, I'm guessing that's what your species eats, mostly. Fish."

That brought up a question, though: What did whatever Anastasiya was eat? Rocks, maybe? Gemstones? Hmm...

"So, you know a lot about magic, right? And I'm some sort of magical creature now, I think, so would you know what I eat?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

"Seafood?" Amalar's thoughts go back to his life before...selflessly joining whatever adventure he had found himself on. His servants preparing him some delicious sauteed crab, or ooooh, some grilled dragon turtle. He could really go for some turtle. He fades out into a moment of bliss, but his imagination is interrupted when he hears Anastasiya say, "scooping fish out of water."

"Raw, whole fish? How horrendous. I will continue to eat my current rations..." his voice tapers off when he remembers they have none of their original gear. He gags slightly when he thinks about eating raw fish again.

"I do have extraordinary knowledge of the arcane...but not so much about creatures. You appear to be some kind of golem. I never considered golems to have any kind of...anatomy that required food. Just powered by magic. Are...are you hungry?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sirithhyando View Post
    Sounds good, make yourself comfortable then we'll fly there. Al waits for Hazel to be ready after she talks to the others.
    It seems like we're done talking now, so I climb onto Al's back and prepare for the flight.

While we are underway, I say to him: "so, can you turn into anything you like? My disguise magic is very... limited."
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaK View Post
    "I do have extraordinary knowledge of the arcane...but not so much about creatures. You appear to be some kind of golem. I never considered golems to have any kind of...anatomy that required food. Just powered by magic. Are...are you hungry?"
    "Not hungry, just curious. Hmm... a golem, you said? Those things are made, not born, right? If you can't be born as one, I'm not sure if it'd be possible to reborn as one, either."

Anastasiya had to admit to herself that she really didn't have a better clue as to what she was right now, though - although bringing someone back as a golem really didn't seem like the sort of thing Chauntea would do.

"If I was a golem, though, it would be nice not having to eat anymore, I guess," said Anastasiya. The druid had long since grown accustomed to an ascetic diet, even if she occasionally experienced a longing for the hearty, traditional halfling cuisine she had enjoyed in her youth. She wouldn't be giving up much if she couldn't appreciate food anymore, and it would certainly be a better deal than having to eat the flesh of other creatures to survive.

"Oh, and I also wouldn't ever get sick, or get tired, or even ever have to sleep, maybe! And I guess I wouldn't age, either. I could live forever, if I don't get killed again!"

Upon saying this, Anastasiya felt a slight pang of guilt - how long would the rest of her companions live, in their new bodies? Illti and Anastasiya didn't have anything to complain about, but Griffin would probably die before he was thirty, and Lexan would be lucky to live as long as an average human. And as for Amalar...

"Um, large birds tend to live pretty long, too, of course. At least forty years," Anastasiya said, then immediately regretted. "Uh, we all live dangerous lives, though, so it likely won't matter too much-" -that really didn't help, did it? Maybe she should just shut up, now...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    I say to him: "so, can you turn into anything you like? My disguise magic is very... limited."
    That is a good question though it's probably not Wise to try it in the air... but what if... let me try something
    After a few seconds, Al stop trying Well... i can't turn into a Pixie like you... i'll need time to experiment on this. Though you dont really need to change your shape. we could just say you're my familiar or something. Anyway, let's get going.
    Al powerful wings swing them forward, clumsily at first (sorry Hazel) then almost as gracefully as the not well known creature.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sirithhyando View Post
    That is a good question though it's probably not Wise to try it in the air... but what if... let me try something
    After a few seconds, Al stop trying Well... i can't turn into a Pixie like you... i'll need time to experiment on this. Though you dont really need to change your shape. we could just say you're my familiar or something. Anyway, let's get going.
    Al powerful wings swing them forward, clumsily at first (sorry Hazel) then almost as gracefully as the not well known creature.
    A familiar, hm? "I suppose, but wouldn't that still attract a lot of attention? I was thinking I could do a halfling child... with... wings... oh, costume-wings, maybe?"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

Illti starts heading for the town at a good pace.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Scornubel

The early morning sun warms your backs as you begin the trek to Scornubel. The slight, rolling hills descend slowly to the River Chionthar. You reach its rocky shoreline and turn north, following its slowly flowing depths.

Memories come unbidden from the mist. Sailing ships, loaded with cargo, up and down the river. Berdusk, Scornubel, Fort Morninglord, Baldur's Gate and beyond. Goods traded, food supplied, prosperity, but something bad, something wrong. Faces. Silent faces in the darkness. Staring out from the depths. The mists return.

Farther along, you startle a shepherd by the water with his flock. The sheep smell you before the man's face, ashen white turns your direction and runs downriver away from you, trying comically to catch up to his flock.

You round one more bend in the hills and you see Scornubel, its docks and skyline sitting 300 yards across the river. Two ferries sit on the upriver position on your side of the river about 100 yards up ready to cross. You see the two ferryman and the mule team drivers that bring them back up river chuckling and watching the shepherd still trying to control his flock. Very soon they will see you.

Reaching Woods

Striding through the woods is second nature to Anastasiya, lumbering between trees easily. Amalar finds smooth purchase on Anastasiya's shoulder but manages to find a comfortable outcropping on her shoulder blade.

Thoughts come to you through the mists. You've spent many days in these woods. Your group planned, trained, and stayed in these woods. Many exercises, many routines, many tasks before...before... and the mists return.

What remains is a memory of a cabin you used, slightly north of here. Instinctively you turn and make for the shelter as if homing. The trees thicken here but your remebrance becomes stronger. You almost pass the cabin, it blends so well with the terrain it is nearly unseen, but a glimmer of light catches your eye from its direction. The flash from a metal blade is not unknown to you but the voices that rise to call to you are unfamiliar. "You! Servant! Where is your master? Speak!" You turn and find the commanding tone comes from a well-armored hobgoblin who is lowering a gem from his eye and tucking it safely in his belt pouch. He raises an arm and seven more hobgoblins step from behind other trees. "Speak, summoned one! What is your task? Who is your master?"
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess this is it. "Al, let's set down now and get our disguises on."

I cast Disguise Self, increasing my height and girth as much as the spell will allow and giving myself the appearance of a halfling girl wearing a homemade fairy costume (a frilly dress and some fake wings).

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleLord View Post
    "You! Servant! Where is your master? Speak!" You turn and find the commanding tone comes from a well-armored hobgoblin who is lowering a gem from his eye and tucking it safely in his belt pouch. He raises an arm and seven more hobgoblins step from behind other trees. "Speak, summoned one! What is your task? Who is your master?"
    "Ugh. Hobgoblins," Amalar says with derision (and not particularly quietly). "Filthy creatures." He waits for Ana to respond to their questions, knowing full well if he were the one to speak up, a fight would most assuredly break out. He flexes his casting claws just in case, getting them warmed up.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Lexan had been following behind the flyers, since he wasn't needed south. He now comes to stop just behind where they landed. "Hmpf, guard ape?" He gestured to himself while looking at Hazel.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

12. - Top - End - #72

Well, I guess this is it. "Al, let's set down now and get our disguises on."
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyindraven View Post
    Lexan had been following behind the flyers, since he wasn't needed south. He now comes to stop just behind where they landed. "Hmpf, guard ape?" He gestured to himself while looking at Hazel.
    Al land a little furthur hoping they would not be seen. Well, let's see with who you're traveling... He looks at Hazel new form and to his faulty memory and now appear as a older noble halfling. Mmm, this should do it... Looking at Hazel So you'd be my daugther? Glimpsing at the Ape Mmm, and your guard Ape? Not sure if that's a thing but i suppose it's better than nothing.

Would a pet Ape be more adequate? Mmm, weren't Fay and Griffin following us too?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Mmm, Couatl goes 90ft per round while flying while the Ape, 30ft? Well, let's say Al would've zigzag for fun to wait for the others

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

Griffon

Griff pushed on ahead toward the docks, ignoring the calls for disguises. As the sheep ahead of them spooked, Griffin took off to help round them back up. "IT'S OKAY I'M HERE TO HELP NOT ATTACK!" he shouted with the full force of his impressive lung capacity.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"I do not guess it matters, I just will not speak until spoken to. That way we do not startle the people." Lexan says as he watches Griff.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkstar View Post
    Griff pushed on ahead toward the docks, ignoring the calls for disguises. As the sheep ahead of them spooked, Griffin took off to help round them back up. "IT'S OKAY I'M HERE TO HELP NOT ATTACK!" he shouted with the full force of his impressive lung capacity.
    Oh no! Thinking quickly, I say "ahh, we have to stop him - people are scared of tigers! Come on, we'll pretend to save the day and then tell them you're a ranger or something. Lexan, you can be a beast we've tamed! Let's go!"

With that, I run off after Griffin...

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm right here..." Fai Ralen says and sighs at Griffin's behavior. He just hangs back for now since he's not sure if he was included in the plan.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Colossus in the Playground

Or perhaps we could approach slowly, and talk our way out of this? No? Okay then...
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

"You! Servant! Where is your master? Speak!" You turn and find the commanding tone comes from a well-armored hobgoblin who is lowering a gem from his eye and tucking it safely in his belt pouch. He raises an arm and seven more hobgoblins step from behind other trees. "Speak, summoned one! What is your task? Who is your master?"
    Uh-oh. How had these hobgoblins known where to find the cabin, when Anastasiya had almost overlooked it herself? Were they connected to whoever or whatever had killed the companions? The druid looked around uneasily at the hobgoblins emerging from behind the trees. Outnumbered four to one, if it came down to a fight...

Luckily, Amalar was there with her. He was much more well-spoken than Anastasiya was, and she knew she could count on him to handle this situa-

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaK View Post
    "Ugh. Hobgoblins," Amalar says with derision (and not particularly quietly). "Filthy creatures." He waits for Ana to respond to their questions, knowing full well if he were the one to speak up, a fight would most assuredly break out. He flexes his casting claws just in case, getting them warmed up.
    -or not. It was up to her, then. What was she going to say?

"Uh..."

It was just so hard to think when under pressure... wait, that was it! If Anastasiya could intimidate the hobgoblin commander enough, maybe she could manage to fast-talk him into giving up some useful information before he saw through her bad acting.

"How... how dare you suggest that someone besides our master could be strong enough to command a being as great as I!" Anastasiya bellowed, stomping the ground in outrage.

"Our master sent me here to ensure his orders are being carried out correctly, and to see to it that his men have a proper respect for him- a respect which you seem to lack. However, if you provide a good enough report on the status of your current mission, I might neglect to mention that to him."

The earth elemental glared down at the hobgoblin commander, making a scowling face which Anastasiya hoped said "Don't ask any questions about the rude bird creature on my shoulder, just do what I say, or else!"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Scornubel

At the tiger's roar, the ferrymen turn, eyes wide and mouths agape. As they see Griffin turn to chase the sheep west downriver, they break their frozen state and leap into frenzied action. The mule driver of the drag team snaps his whip and his cart begins tottering eastward upstream. The ferry pilots jump onto their rafts and begin untying them, babbling to each other, and pointing animatedly at Lexan, Illti, and Fai.

The sheep and shepherd all accelerate to "run-for-your-life" speed, pelting downstream.

Reaching Woods

The hobgoblin captain looks taken aback. "Ajakstu sent you? We've just arrived ourselves. How could he expect..." He seems to remember he's talking to an emissary. He gives a subtle hand gesture and the other hobgoblins blend out of sight. "We were checking their cabin before moving to the campsite, as he commanded. Let me bring you to Malgbyam. He can better inform you." With a grunt he moves towards the cabin and leads you to the door. As you approach, a larger, more polished hobgoblin ducks out of the doorway.
    "No sign of our quarry, but none really expected. Broctar, what have you here?" He speaks gently and smoothly, not as brash as the other.
    The captain speaks with a slight bow. "My Lord, an emissary comes from the Aerie. It needs a status report before sending its...ah...messenger back," he says casting a shifty eye at Amalar.
    The warlord gives you both a skeptical glance and speaks to the captain as if you aren't there. "You checked them, of course."
    "Yes, my lord. The gem says they are as they appear. No shape changing this time."
    "Good. It would be embarrassing to be fooled twice, eh Broctar?" says the warlord in slightly dismissive tones. "Emissary, come with me," he says, and without looking back, begins walking back into the forest at a leisurely rate.

PCs
    DMings

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Scornubel

At the tiger's roar, the ferrymen turn, eyes wide and mouths agape. As they see Griffin turn to chase the sheep west downriver, they break their frozen state and leap into frenzied action. The mule driver of the drag team snaps his whip and his cart begins tottering eastward upstream. The ferry pilots jump onto their rafts and begin untying them, babbling to each other, and pointing animatedly at Lexan, Illti, and Fai.

The sheep and shepherd all accelerate to "run-for-your-life" speed, pelting downstream.
    Ayyyy, this isn't going to work. Unable to catch Griffin on my tiny legs and with the people scattering anyway, I stagger to a halt. I try to call out "Griff..." but my breath is short and not much comes out.

Okay, okay, we need a new plan. I trudge back to the others and ask: "what should we do now?"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"Teach Griff a valuable lesson by doing nothing and allowing the consequences of his own actions to play out?" Fai Ralen says with a grin and a shrug.

22. - Top - End - #82

Well, Griff is going to be alright so we could run to the city and tell the guard a tiger is roaming and wreaking havoc near the ferry. We'll get in without too much questions i suppose?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"Just the two of us, you mean? I suppose the others could stay and make sure Griff doesn't get into any more trouble..."

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"I'll keep an eye on Griff," Lexan belts out. He then takes off at full speed after the loonie tiger.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

25. - Top - End - #85
    Banned

Griffon

Griff tries to see if he can get ahead of the fleeing sheep and shepherd to get them to turn around again. If he finds himself too slow, he'd just stop and shake his head.

If he can get ahead of the fleeing sheep, he'd cast Calm Emotions in front of them to catch them as they passed through, not sure if it'll calm the sheep or not.
    Last edited by Hawkstar; 2017-01-18 at 11:03 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

"Just the two of us, you mean? I suppose the others could stay and make sure Griff doesn't get into any more trouble..."
    I meant everyone, but if Lexan want to keep an eye on him it's probably best this way.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Anastasiya couldn't believe that had really worked! ...wait, had it worked? 'Broctar', as he was apparently called, seemed to have been fooled, but was the same true for this Malgbyam? Was he planning on leading her into a trap? Well, if worst came to worst, Amalar could fly away, and she might be able to use her newfound ability to hide herself underground, although not having buried herself entirely yet, she wasn't sure if that was possible.

What worried her was that the hobgoblins were speaking of a 'quarry' as if they knew the Companions were still alive. How could they possibly be aware of their reincarnation already? Hmm... there were two other possibilities: One, the news that the companions had been killed hadn't yet reached the hobgoblins stationed here, or two, there was another group that had been making regular use of the companions' cabin.

"Emissary, come with me," he says, and without looking back, begins walking back into the forest at a leisurely rate.
    "Very well, but make this quick. I can only stay summoned for but so long," Anastasiya said, and followed Malgbyam into the forest.

That was another point to consider- she was apparently a sort of summoned creature? That seemed to rule out a golem, then. It was a little disconcerting that a hobgoblin captain seemed to know more about what she was than herself or Amalar did...

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

As they begin following the warlord, Amalar walks over to Ana's ear, and whispers, "Nice job." (Initially you aren't sure if that was sarcastic or not. You can't tell any tonal difference in his...new bird voice) "Now we'll be brought right to their leader, and we can take him out while hes not expecting it. The rest of these...disgusting creatures should scatter without a leader and we'll have dealt with the entire problem at once."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Scornubel
    Putting on a burst of speed himself Griffin plots a wide parabola to swing around in front of the sheep an gently turn them back upstream. Instinctively, using his front paws, he is able to summon arcane forces, creating a zone of lessened anxiety. The sheep blast through pell-mell without effect, but as the shepherd turns to chase them, his pace eases a bit. He seems more concerned about the sheep and less about the tiger sitting on two paws behind him.

The rest of you will soon have to deal with either:
    A) a storm of stamping sheep
    B) the reaction of a herd of sheep seeing a ape, grung, and dragon overhead. (Not too concerned about halflings.)

Reaching Wood
    Malgbyam steps into the thicker woods about thirty feet and turns to you, looking back over your shoulder occasionally. "It's best that we can speak here, out of earshot of others," he intones quietly. "Relay this as soon as possible, by whatever means you have. The situation is strange. They certainly have not returned here, but we have not checked all the locations you spoke of." He gestures in various directions. "We intend to investigate the other locations shortly. This cabin was the first place and we will have finished it shortly. When we have completely searched every inch of this spot that you have designated, we will move on to the other place, in turn, to search them as well. We will continue to look for clues in every single location that you have given us until we have check ed every single one. We will not stop until, starting from the first, we reached the last of the location, searching all the while. This first place was not a very hard location to search. The rooms were laid out in a easy fashion to investigate..." It is at this point that his circular talk becomes a little to obvious. He has been stalling you.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-01-20 at 12:34 AM.

PCs
    DMings

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Griffon

Griffin tells the shepherd, "Sorry... I forgot I was a tiger now. I don't want to see your sheep run away from you, though." Seeing no other options to try and calm the sheep, Griff jumped into the river.