New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC]All Creatures Great and Small (5E)

A winged serpent appears from behind the ape as the tree disappears. Whipping forward, it lashes out, wrapping its tail around the hobgoblin warlord. A squeeze brings a grunt of anger from Malgbyam. He does not waste his strength on comment but struggles against the couatl.
    Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Hit and grappled!
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Amalar waits for the right moment. Once the hobgoblins reveal themselves, Amalar finds the group with Broctor in the south, condenses all the motes of fire in his claw into one sphere, and launches a fireball as to try to hit all 3, but prioritizing Broctor.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    They each take (8d6)[33] fire damage or half that on a successful DC 14 DEX save.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Since Al appears to have the hobgoblin leader under control, I direct my attacks towards the second in command. If we can eliminate his group quickly, our tactical situation will be much improved. Aiming a Shatter spell to hit Broctar and as many of his companions as possible, I sing:

"From lofty vantage nest
    My foes I will abash
    Magic, through sound expressed
    Ring out, o booming crash!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    So, that'll be (3d8)[14] thunder damage or DC 14 Constitution saves for half. The area is a 20-foot diameter sphere, so I might not get all three.

Also nonmagical objects in the area take damage - possibly trees or undergrowth might get smashed apart to deny them cover against Amalar's Fireball.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2017-04-05 at 11:12 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Anastasiya popped out of the ground just in time to experience the last reverberations of the Shatter spell. Although she was far enough away to not get hurt, the druid felt a strange sense of unease as the fading shockwaves passed through her - perhaps the first time her new body had felt anything like physical discomfort so far. It would probably be best to stay well away from those sorts of attacks in the future...

Shaking it off, Anastasiya looked around, and saw that Al was already dealing with Malgbyam. Given the size and unwieldiness of her fists, it seemed like it would be difficult to hit the commander without also battering her friend. And that spell had probably dealt with the hobgoblins to the south, so that was out. That left the groups in the northwest and northeast. Getting an idea, Anastasiya charged towards the northwestern group's eastern side, crashing through any intervening brambles or shrubs, and swung her club-like arms towards whoever was unfortunate enough to be within reach. Then, she attempted to sink belowground as quickly as possible, hoping that the northeastern soldiers wouldn't chance shooting arrows in her direction and risk hitting the trio on her opposite side.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to in between the north-east and north-west groups, in a position where I'm 10ft away from the closest hobgoblin of the northwestern group. If Anastasiya is close enough to reach two different soldiers, she'll direct one attack against each of them. Otherwise, both attacks will go to the same target. Then, if she has enough move left, she'll go underground again.

Left arm slam: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[10]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+5)[29]

Right arm slam: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[9]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+5)[21]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Lexan will move to pound Malgbyam's head while Al is holding him.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage (1d6+3)[7]
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffin, having been spotted, roars as he dashes out of the bushes directly towards the nearest group, the northeast. Gathering his muscles under him, he instinctively pounces on his prey. With reflexes honed by training, the hobgoblin, ducks and rolls away from the leaping carnivore. He bounds to his feet, weapon at the ready.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Pounce Attack = (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[6]
    If he hits and target fails a STR DC 13 , (1d20+1)[19], the target is prone and Griffin can make a bite attack
    Bite Attack - (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage - (1d10+3)[8]
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-04-12 at 10:25 PM.

PCs
    DMings

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Malgbyam struggles to free himself from the coils of the coautl.
    Spoiler: Escape?
    Show
    vs DC 15 - (1d20+3)[22]

Broctor orders his forces to attack, but is barely heard over the terrific clap of thunder that shakes everyone in his area. Leaves fall in a torrential rain as undergrowth is flattened. Broctor's two wing men clap hands to their ears and fall to the ground screaming at first but soon fall silent. Broctor, wincing in pain, handles the shock better.
    Spoiler: Shatter
    Show
    Two grunts are killed by 14 thunder damage but Broctor saved for only 7 damage.

The northwestern group readies their weapons as the elemental closes quickly. One dodges a massive rocky fist while another catches and spins another around. Bones crack but the soldier keeps to his feet, spinning back to return damage but his attacker has already blended in to the ground.
    Spoiler: Anastasiya
    Show
    Close enough to reach them, make two attacks, and sink ten feet down. Missed one grunt, hit another.

With a blood-curdling screech, Lexan comes charging in. He circles the struggling Malgbyam, looking to damage the leader without squishing his associate. No opportunity presents itself.
    Spoiler: Attack?
    Show
    Low rolls. Sorry.

PCs
    DMings

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Malgbyam wrenches free of the couatl's grasp and faces both ape and winged snake with his blade drawn. "So. There is more to all than appears at first glance. Perhaps one or two more? Well, now that we are being open with each other, you would care to tell me who you really are? Or should we bring only one of you back with us?"

Broctor shakes his head, clearing it of the ringing sound left from the thunder that tried to shatter him. Drawing his greatsword, he rushes along the southern path to Malgbyam's aid. He aims one poorly timed swing at the hulking ape, but scrapes his blade on a second swing along Al's side sending a shower of sparks but otherwise not effecting the winged one at all.
    Show

Who does he attack? 1= Al, 2= Lexan
    Two attacks - #1 vs (1d2)[2], #2 vs (1d2)[1]
    Greatsword attack - #1 (1d20+4)[7], #2 (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage - #1 (2d6+2)[7], #2 (2d6+2)[9]
    Al is hit for 9 damage. Wah waaah

The northeastern group finds a tiger nearby to attack. The nearest one draws his sword while the other two out of reach fire with their readied bows. The swordsman lunges in through the feline's defense a traces a red line around his shoulder. Growling the animal turns to face this menace and leaves his broadside open for two feathered shafts that find their mark.This time the growl becomes a pained roar.
    Show
    vs Griffin AC 12
    Sword attack - (1d20+3)[15] for (1d8+1)[7] damage
    Bow attack - (1d20+3)[12] for (1d8+1)[9] damage
    Bow attack - (1d20+3)[18] for (1d8+1)[8] damage
    Griffin is hit for 24 damage.

The northwestern group find themselves without a visible target but in danger none the less. They switch to swords, stand in tight formation, and ready themselves for anything erupting out of the ground.
    Spoiler: Anastasiya
    Show
    You sense that the hobgoblins overhead have moved into a tight group to protect from all nearly all sides.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-04-13 at 05:49 PM.

PCs
    DMings

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Fai Ralen runs along the branch he's standing on and leaps past the foes directly nearby to the group looking down at the ground in panic. He lands in their midst and lashes out at as many of them as he can in a quick flurry of movement.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action. I can leap up to 35 feet, I'm hoping that's enough to reach the northwestern group. I don't think I'd take falling damage since I'm not 35 feet up and I'd think a frog-legged thing that can leap that high can withstand a controlled fall that far.

Each of the following attacks is against a different target if possible, with any repeats going to any I missed.

Attack 1: (1d20+7)[17]
    damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    if crit: (1d6)[3]
    DC 13 Con save vs (2d4)[5] poison damage.
    DC 13 Con save vs Poisoned condition for 1 minute. A poisoned creature no longer in direct contact with the grung can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Attack 2: (1d20+7)[10]
    damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    if crit: (1d6)[5]
    DC 13 Con save vs (2d4)[5] poison damage.
    DC 13 Con save vs Poisoned condition for 1 minute.

Bonus action & 1 ki point to Flurry of Blows

Flurry of Blows 1: (1d20+7)[20]
    advantage: (1d20+7)[19]
    damage: (1d6+4)[9] and it must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
    if crit: (1d6)[4]
    DC 13 Con save vs (2d4)[6] poison damage.

Flurry of Blows 2: (1d20+7)[15]
    damage: (1d6+4)[5] and it must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
    DC 13 Con save vs (2d4)[3] poison damage.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

With great precision, Amalar launches a fireball, placed perfectly to miss both his comrades but flambé Broctor. While the captain tries his best to dodge the incoming flames, he still winds up with singed edges.
    Show
    Takes 16 damage with save.

23 Al
    22 Lexan
    21 Hazel
    17 Ana
    15 Griff

13 Hobgoblin Leaders
    10 Hobgoblin Guards
    8 Amalar
    5 Fai Ralen

PCs
    DMings

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

It looks like the hobgoblins are struggling to deal with our combined powers. Only the cleric, Griffin, seems to be in any real danger. I flutter over to the Northeast to get a better view and shout some encouragement:

"You've got this, Griff! Show them your tiger spirit!"

I also direct some distracting magic at the hobgoblin with the sword: "Your numbers were your main asset / But now you'll face ignominy / When I point out - did you forget? / It's qual'ty over quantity!"

Show
    Bonus action to give Griffin Bardic Inspiration (1d8).

Action to cast Vicious Mockery, so that's a DC 13 Wis save or it takes 6 psychic damage and has disadvantage on its first attack next turn.

I'll also take a reaction if necessary to use Cutting Words (so -1d8) against the first damage roll that Griff faces in the next round.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2017-04-19 at 03:26 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haha we might be more than we appear but you are les than you appear... what can you do? Your life is ours. You gave it away for nothing for we aren't those you seek.
    Al serpentine tongue lick his teeth he bare to bite Malgbyam

Spoiler: bite !
    Show
    Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 24 hours. Until this poison ends, the target is unconscious. Another creature can use an action to shake the target awake.
    (1d20+8)[22]
    (1d6+5)[8]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Anastasiya felt that the trio of hobgoblins had made a mistake in moving closer together - that would just make it harder for them to get out of the way of her massive fists. Noticing a new source of vibrations suddenly appearing in the middle of the group, she burrowed to the northern side of the group of hobgoblins she had just attacked, and emerged once again.

Apparently Fai Ralen had joined the fight, and he seemed to somehow be attacking all of the hobgoblins at once! Aiming high so she wouldn't hit her frog-like friend by mistake, Anastasiya once again struck out at the three soldiers, striking at whoever looked the most unbalanced by previous attacks.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

If I can identify the hobgoblin I hit with an attack on my last turn (and that same one wasn't felled by Fai Ralen's hit) I'll attack that one. Otherwise, I'll aim at whoever Fai Ralen hit if they're still up. Otherwise otherwise, I'll target whoever's closest and still standing. If my first attack doesn't bring down my target, my second attack will be against the same one. If it does, attack #2 goes to the second most injured target, or whoever's closest if the remainder have equal hp.

Left Arm Slam: (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[9]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+5)[17]

Right Arm Slam: (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[10]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+5)[23]

This time, Anastasiya elected to stay aboveground, not wanting to leave the hobgoblins with no other target but Fai Ralen.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Flying down from the trees there is a blur of legs, kicking everything in range while they seek to ambush the elemental. One collapses from a combination of blows and toxin, while another falls, ill and bleeding but still alive.

The stone behemoth rises once more and cuts the air with its blows, but the one on the ground and the one now wary both avoid the bludgeoning boulders.

A scream comes from the center clearing where Malgbyam clutches a leaking wound on his shoulder where a grinning coauti left his mark.

Broctar and Malgbyam circle, back to back in the center clearing. The three to the northeast still circle the bleeding tiger. To the northwest, only one stands while one on the ground still seems threatening, but the other on the ground will not be getting up.

PCs
    DMings

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexan
    With a roar of fury, the great beast leaps forward, swinging two massive fists towards the hobgoblin leader. Dodging in to their sides, one blow makes contact with Malgbyam while his other swing is dodged. Shifting his follow-through on his errant swing allows him to send one meaty blow at his second in command as well, but Broctar catches it with the flat of his blade.
    Show
    Attack#1 vs Malgbyam(20) - (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[9]

Attack #2 vs Malgbyam(20) - (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[11]

Bonus Action - Attack vs Broctar(17) - (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[7]
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-05-07 at 11:51 PM.

PCs
    DMings

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffin
    Feeling the sting of too many points, the tiger growls and slinks carefully back behind the tree line to take care of some needed healing. A word to his god and he feels a little better.
    Show
    Disengage and retreat behind cover.
    Bonus Action - Healing Word for (2d4+4)[6]

PCs
    DMings

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Broctar and Malgbyam circle, back to back in the center clearing. Moving back to back, the captain looks for an opening and grunts to his warlord. In a flash, he strikes out twice at the large ape, remembering how the snake laughed off his previous attack. One slash hits while the other goes wide, but distracts the attackers enough. One more loud grunt and Malgbyam breaks west, heading for the path towards the rivers
    Show
    Broctar -Two attacks
    Greatsword attack vs Lexan AC 16 - (1d20+4)[19] for (2d6+2)[10] damage. HIT
    Greatsword attack vs Lexan AC 16 - (1d20+4)[9] for (2d6+2)[10] damage. miss
    Tactical Advantage - Additional (3d6)[10] damage
    Lexan takes 20 damage.
    Malgbyam - disengage and head for the hills.

The three to the northeast split their task among the threats. The sword wielder, still unbalanced from the bard chant, moves to strike the praying tiger. His blade misses the mark when he loses focus for a moment, courtesy of the bard's influence.
    The two bowmen draw their strings towards the flittering fairy. Both feathered shafts pepper the pixie.
    Show
    Sword attack (dis) vs Griffin AC 12 - (1d20+3)[17] or (1d20+3)[11] for (1d8+1)[6] damage miss
    Bow attack vs Hazel AC 15 - (1d20+3)[21] for (1d8+1)[8] damage HIT
    Bow attack vs Hazel AC 15 - (1d20+3)[17] for (1d8+1)[7] damage HIT
    Hazel takes 15 damage.

To the northwest, only one stands while one on the ground still seems threatening, but the other on the ground will not be getting up. Finding the walking mountain right beside him, one strikes the stoned one, while the other rolls to his feet and lashes out at the flailing amphibian. Metal clanks harmlessly against stone but a softer slicing sound is heard near the grung.
    Show
    Sword attack vs Anastasiya AC 17 - (1d20+3)[14] for (1d8+1)[7] damage plus (2d6)[10] Tactical Advantage damage miss
    Sword attack vs Fai AC 18 - (1d20+3)[20] for (1d8+1)[9] damage plus (2d6)[7] Tactical Advantage damage. HIT
    Fai takes 16 damage.

23 Al
    22 Lexan
    21 Hazel
    17 Ana
    15 Griff
    13 Hobgoblin Leaders
    10 Hobgoblin Guards
    8 Amalar
    5 Fai Ralen
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-05-15 at 02:12 AM.

PCs
    DMings

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Fai Ralen strikes out multiple times once again, though this time he isn't just a complete blur.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack vs Hobgoblin 1: (1d20+7)[25]
    damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    DC 13 Con save for (2d4)[3] poison damage
    if failed and crit: (2d4)[4]

Attack vs Hobgoblin 2: (1d20+7)[23]
    damage: (1d6+4)[9]
    DC 13 Con save for (2d4)[8] poison damage
    if failed and crit: (2d4)[4]

Bonus action Attack vs either Hobgoblin if still standing or any other Fai can reach if neither are: (1d20+7)[8]
    damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    DC 13 Con save for (2d4)[7] poison damage
    if failed and crit: (2d4)[6]

If both Hobgoblins are down at any point Fai Ralen will move as far as he can to engage the nearest group of enemies. If both are equally far, the ones with the bows.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Amalar swoops down from the branches after Malgbyam, leaving the rest of the forces to his allies. "Oh no you don't; You're not getting away from me that easily." Amalar lines up his sights, sparks beginning to build up around his wings. He points a claw at the fleeing figure and after a brief moment, and bright bolt of lightning cracks through the woods directly at Malgbyam.

Show
    Lightning Bolt - Damage = (8d6)[26], half on a DC 14 Reflex save

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

The bouncing grung rebounds from guard to guard, striking blows left and right. One victim looks green from poisoning, but both stay on their feet. Malgbyam, alerted by Amalar's threat begins swerving and misses the brunt of the lightning bolt.

Broctoar stands alone in the clearing, barely on his feet, swinging wildly at any near him.

To the northeast, the swordsman stands next Griffin while the two bowmen smile grimly at the thatched pixie. Only one of the bowmen stands unbloodied.

To the northwest, the two remaining guards looks well-beaten and one appears green around the gills.

None look ready to surrender.

23 Al
    22 Lexan
    21 Hazel
    17 Ana
    15 Griff

13 Hobgoblin Leaders
    10 Hobgoblin Guards
    8 Amalar
    5 Fai Ralen
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-05-15 at 11:59 PM.

PCs
    DMings

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Hazel, pixie bard
    HP: 9/24 | AC: 15

"Eep!" I yelp, gravely wounded. When I look down to check the wounds, though, I can't see them. I'm invisible! What in the...?

Instinctively, I fly away from the archers, putting something solid between them and myself. Ana the earth elemental, if possible, but a tree trunk will do.

Show
    That's an action to use my racial Superior Invisibility (which requires concentration) and a move.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: If Al can get to melee with Malgbyar
    Show

Without a second thought, Al bears his fang and goes straight for Malgbyar

Spoiler: Bite roll
    Show
    (1d20+8)[22]
    if hit (1d6+5)[10]
    if crit (1d6)[3]

Spoiler: Bite attack
    Show

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 24 hours. Until this poison ends, the target is unconscious. Another creature can use an action to shake the target awake.

Spoiler: If Al cant get to melee with Malgbyar
    Show
    As he sees Malgbyar go away, Al take chase. GROVEL !

Spoiler: Command !
    Show
    Grovel. The target falls prone and then ends its turn; Malgbyar must succeed on a wisdom saving throw with DC 12 or fall prone.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Anastasiya grunted in frustration as her wild swings failed to connect, then recoiled in alarm when she saw one of the hobgoblin's blades sweeping towards her. Even as she started to backpedal, the druid knew there was no way she could get her massive body out of the way in time, and braced for impact. But then, miraculously, the hobgoblin suddenly jerked his sword-arm back right before the blow landed. A feint-?

Fractions of a second later, Anastasiya heard a clang and felt a dull thud on her lower body. Huh. Well, it really wasn't surprising - rock smashes scissors, after all. As long as none of these hobgoblins were carrying any parchment, they weren't much of a threat to her. Freed from fear of counterattacks, Anastasiya raised her fists again, preparing to finish off her battered opponents, then hesitated. It felt wrong to hurt creatures that couldn't hurt her back...

Then, Anastasiya heard Hazel's yelp of pain, and noticed that Fai Ralen was bleeding. Even if she couldn't be hurt that badly by swords or arrows, her friends were still in danger. Hardening her heart, the druid sent her club-like fists crashing down towards the hobgoblins before her.

Show

Left arm slam vs the hobgoblin that just attacked Anastasiya:
    To hit: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[14]
    Critical Damage: (2d8)[5]

Right arm slam vs the hobgoblin that just attacked Anastasiya if still standing, vs the one that attacked Fai otherwise.
    To hit: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[17]
    Critical Damage: (2d8)[7]

If both hobgoblins are down, Anastasiya will move as far as possible towards the northeast group, staying above ground.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

The pixie squeaks and vanishes from sight.

The coauti soars forward and sinks both fangs deep into Malgbyam's retreating shoulder. The warlord howls with pain. He spins, staggers for a moment, then rights himself.
    Spoiler: Save?
    Show
    Con Save vs DC 13 - (1d20+3)[15]

The elemental lays about with flying fists, flattening the two nearest guards, before charging to towards the bowmen. At first, the bowmen continue to look for their no-longer-visible target. Then, as the the thunder footfalls come closer, they become wide eyed and very attentive.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-05-25 at 01:27 AM.

PCs
    DMings

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexan
    Finding himself facing off against the lone captain, the ape bares his teeth and continues raining blows upon the defending hobgoblin. Swing after mighty swing connects until Broctar lies on the ground, bleeding and senseless.

Show
    Attack#1 vs Broctar(17) - (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[8]

Attack #2 vs Broctar(17) - (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[10]

Bonus Action - Attack vs Broctar(17) - (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[8]
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-05-25 at 01:36 AM.

PCs
    DMings

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: [IC]All Creatures Great and Small (5E)

Griffin
    Facing the swordsman along, the tiger growls fiercely before pouncing on his solo prey, trying to rend it to pieces. His sharp claws find purchase as he knocks his fallen target to the ground. The hapless hobgoblin is barely able to block the feline head from biting his arm off.

Show
    Pounce Attack - (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[4]
    If he hits and target fails a STR DC 13 , (1d20+1)[8], the target is prone and Griffin can make a bite attack
    Bite Attack - (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage - (1d10+3)[11]
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-06-05 at 11:27 PM.

PCs
    DMings

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The two bowman fire off wild shots at the advancing mountain. One goes far over Ana's shoulder while the other nicks a flake of the other shoulder.

The swordsman rolls to his feet and strikes once again at the tiger. A thin line of blood appears, crossing the tiger's own stripes with red.
    Show
    Sword attack vs Griffin AC 12 - (1d20+3)[19] for (1d8+1)[4] damage hit
    Bow attack vs Ana AC 17 - (1d20+3)[12] for (1d8+1)[2] damage miss
    Bow attack vs Ana AC 17 - (1d20+3)[19] for (1d8+1)[2] damage hit

Malgbyam faces the winged serpent with a grimace. "Fools! He already knows what you do not even suspect! He can see things coming from far afield! They even planned for this!" His pained expression turns to a smile. He throws Al a mock military salute before clasping his fist in his other hand and calling out, "Mordrammoa!" The ring on his clasped hand twinkles and he vanishes with a small clap of air that rushes to take his now vacant space.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2017-06-06 at 12:08 AM.

PCs
    DMings

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Amalar
    The pteranodon squawks in anger as his prey vanishes, but wastes no time wheeling in air, swooping down at the swordsman, and lancing him with a bolt of arcane energy. The hobgoblin goes rigid before falling at the paws of the tiger.
    Show
    Magic Missile - (1d4+1)[5] damage

23 Al
    22 Lexan
    21 Hazel
    17 Ana
    15 Griff

10 Hobgoblin Bowmen
    8 Amalar
    5 Fai Ralen

PCs
    DMings

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Fai Ralen of Glaivereach
    Grung Monk
    Concentrating On: --

Fai Ralen rushes over to the last of the foes and tries to disable as many as he's able.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to the archers if he wasn't there already. If possible he'll get in a position to be adjacent to four of them. If not, extra attacks go where possible.

Attack 1: (1d20+7)[13]
    poison damage: DC 13 Con save or take (2d4)[4] poison damage
    poisoned effect: DC 13 Con save vs poisoned for 1 minute.

Attack 2: (1d20+7)[15]
    damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    poison damage: DC 13 Con save or take (2d4)[5] poison damage

Flurry of Blows 1: (1d20+7)[27]
    if crit: (1d6)[6]
    poison damage: DC 13 Con save or take (2d4)[3] poison damage
    prone: DC 15 Dex save vs being knocked prone

Flurry of Blows 2: (1d20+7)[20]
    damage: (1d6+4)[9]
    poison damage: DC 13 Con save or take (2d4)[5] poison damage
    prone: DC 15 Dex save vs being knocked prone

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

From Fai's rebounding limbs, death marks each that he contacts. First,one falls from bludgeoned wounds, then the second, staggers for a moment from the blows, rights himself, then falls to the ground oozing ichor from a number of orifices.

The clearing returns to calm. Naught but the trees and company sway.

(Out of initiative)

PCs
    DMings