New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Finished OOTS

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Finished OOTS

So yea, im all caught up with order of the stick. Yay me.

Yea this is relatively short and most likely irrelavent post. Only reason i posted this here was becuase i am new to this forum and i dont know were to put it.

If you can read this, you are a very interesting person.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Finnished OOTS. (not sure were to put this post.)

Congratulations! Welcome to the party where we wait for the next comic while talking about a lot of other things! Or possibly the party where we talk about things, semi-frequently interrupted by a new comic! There might be a bit of overlap.

Out of interest, how long did it take you? I think I had roughly four or five binges to get through it the first time, but that was about four years ago, and it ended roughly in the desert shopping at the start of Blood Runs in the Family. There's a bit more comic now.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Konrik View Post

Yea this is relatively short and most likely irrelavent post. Only reason i posted this here was becuase i am new to this forum and i dont know were to put it.
    Welcome! Either here or the OOTS subforum are good choices for a thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Out of interest, how long did it take you? I think I had roughly four or five binges to get through it the first time, but that was about four years ago, and it ended roughly in the desert shopping at the start of Blood Runs in the Family. There's a bit more comic now.
    Funny, that's about where I ended the last time I did an archive binge. I think that took me about a week and a half to get through it all. And since you reminded me about it, I might have to do another one. (Might just start at Blood Runs in the Family; I don't think I have time for another full archive.)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Congratulations! Welcome to the party where we wait for the next comic while talking about a lot of other things! Or possibly the party where we talk about things, semi-frequently interrupted by a new comic! There might be a bit of overlap.

Well it took me a few months. I think i started in late october? Not sure. I know it took me a while and i took like a 1-2 week break. :/

Honestly i was mad at another forum and someone recomended i read OOTS to calm down. It helped alot. XD

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well it took me a few months. I think i started in late october? Not sure. I know it took me a while and i took like a 1-2 week break. :/

Honestly i was mad at another forum and someone recomended i read OOTS to calm down. It helped alot. XD
    Doesn't seem like a bad recommendation to me, although it wouldn't work every time. Fortunately, Roy isn't a frustrated oath spirit right now.

I took a jog through the archive after a hiatus. It may have taken a little less time, but it all depends on how much time you can spend on it a day. As a new reader, what did you think of the art upgrades when you reached them?

6. - Top - End - #6

SamuraiGuy

Haha I´ve only glanced at some panels....I come here for the company and stay for the arguments.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

i really need to get back to things and catch up. i'm so far behind

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by perpterds View Post
    i really need to get back to things and catch up. i'm so far behind
    I've read through all the comics twice now. I usually read it during school whenever I am not doing anything or have free time. I live in SC so I had to evacuate to Atlanta for hurricane Matthew and I read a lot of it in our hotel room. I still love Malack and Tarquin, my favorite character by far is Tarquin and within the party its Belkar.
    Last edited by JobsforFun; 2017-02-03 at 01:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't understand what any of this has to do with the Finns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I don't understand what any of this has to do with the Finns.
    I was expecting this to be that someone was looking for a Finnish transcript of the OOTS. Because then it would be "Finnished". :P

Welcome to the waiting pool, OP! I have to say you picked a good time to join. I was kind enough to suggest the comic to a friend right before the Giant had a hiatus from cutting his hand.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I usually see whats going on in the fan comics when this happens. if its been a while I'll sometimes go through the archive again in case I missed anything.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Finished OOTS

Here's a little hint: read the forum rules. This forum has a lot of rules that others don't, so it's always good for new members to read them before posting, because most people end up breaking one at some point.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gratz Migo!

My first read through i was caught up when Elan and Samantha (bandit sorcerer lady) were having smoochie time.

Then i forgot about the comic for a few years. A friend mentioned the comic to me and i read it. Again. This time i made it to right after roys death. Spent a few more years forgetting the comic existed. Then i got my first desk job a few years back. Caught up to the page where Tarquin is reading the medicine and getting his whip from the dinosuars bag. Then it stayed on that page for... what was it, 6 months while the Giant went through rehab? I discovered the forum around that time, and have been obsessed with GiantITP and OotS ever since.

Ive done probably 5 complete archive dives since i rejoing the site, and am currently on my 6th dive.

Once youve gone and read through the comic a second time, check out the "things you never noticed" thread. It will always keep you interested in the art and sound effects (such as "swingandamiss!")

Again, congrats!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Was it good?
    Spoiler
    Show