New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Elder Scrolls XII: Twelve Worlds of Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreward View Post
    I think one of the difficulties with the house in Raven Rock is that by the time you find it, you're usually high enough level that you already own a functional house in a more convenient spot. You can get Breezehome lickety-split if you give the main quest even token attention.
    I like Elianora's version of Breezehome TNF, which adds all the crafting stations that the house normally lacks (including all the smithing stations, so you don't have to go next door to Warmaiden's to get that part done), plus more decor (a lot of which is locked down so you can't disturb it).

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    It's not an Elder Scrolls game UNLESS you wake up as a prisoner.
    That means Daggerfall wasn't technically an Elder Scrolls game, because while you were trapped at the beginning of the game, you weren't a prisoner per se, just stranded in a cave after your ship sank...

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Detrimental effects on yourself? Mostly none, unless you're using home-made potions, which can occasionally have side effects if 'poison' is also mixed as part of it.
    Which can help if you're a Blizzard caster and you want lower frost resistance.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Or, I could just have a set of Gear that doesn't resist frost.

Also, official announcement of Skyrim for the Switch. Which would be the third copy I'd own, but still cool.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-01-13 at 08:21 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Or, I could just have a set of Gear that doesn't resist frost.
    Yeah, but you can't get negative resistance by not doing anything.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, but I can have no resistance without gear. Negative resistances are cheating.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, but I can have no resistance without gear. Negative resistances are cheating.
    The Apprentice Stone is cheating? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

No, because you're not going to be able to repeatedly stack that with itself.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Since every region we've adventured in so far has had something horrible happen to it post-game (Oblivion - Empire collapses, Morrowind - Red Year, Daggerfall - Warp in the West), what terrible fate do you lot believe will befall Skyrim?

I'm thinking the Falmer will rise up and kill everybody; the Thalmor wiping Skyrim off the map is likely, but too obvious.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Is The Warp really a "terrible fate"? It's just an in-game description for the confusion caused by that game not having a "canon" sequence of events.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Is The Warp really a "terrible fate"? It's just an in-game description for the confusion caused by that game not having a "canon" sequence of events.
    I gather lots of people died and the gods themselves had to get involved to fix the timeline, so yes, I'm counting it.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, maybe.

Regardless I'm gonna go a little off the wall and say something happens with the Eye of Magnus. Maybe some delayed effect from Ancano's tampering that throws off the magical balance of Skyrim. Maybe it finishes the job and plunges the rest of Winterhold in the sea (hell, this could happen even WITHOUT magical tampering), leaving Skyrim without a proper mage's college. Skyrim (with the Nords' distrust of magic to begin with) never fully recovers, and mages become vanishingly rare, mostly because most emigrate to Cyrodiil or elsewhere for their education. This leaves Skyrim militarily primitive and without most of the convenience provided by magic that the general populace takes for granted (like, say, the healers at the temples). Skyrim basically is suffering through a dark age by the time the new game comes around.

If the "Summerset Isles" rumor from way back ends up being true, we could even see the Psijics looking into the thing, maybe even figuring out how to reverse what happened or prevent it from doing something worse.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

I'd love a Skyrim: Hyborian Age. Mages still exist but are met with insane distrust, forcing them into hiding and using dangerous magic in order to protect themselves. Conjuration was never a safe school lorewise and necromancy is even frowned upon by mages. Both skills could become mandatory in order to put meatshields in the way of Thalmor Inquisitors, with the mage vanishing under the guise of Illusion spells. I would love a secretive mage's guild in the new TES.

Make the purging of the Dark Brotherhood canon, reintroduce the Morag Tong in TES 6 and have the mages be the secretive guild this time. While you're at it, make the thieves' guild into a roaming team of bandits rather than a local installation.
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-01-15 at 03:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the Elder Scrolls VI:Dragon Age.

Might I just say, if you find the game is anything like remotely too easy? Give Wildcat a try. OMFG I got murdered by a Dwarven Sphere several times. And it's both glorious and terrifying.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-01-15 at 07:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've now played through the Dragonborn questline. I'm not sure about the Bend Will shout; the game seems to want me to use it, but it seems kind of unsavory. I am excited about the "rallying fervor" shout that I discovered in the Guardian's tomb, though; I think I shall do the Civil War questline later to use it to maximum effect.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Made a "spell" in the creation kit called Cremation:

Cost: 0
    Channeling: 0
    Slot: Voice
    Type: Lesser Power
    Effect: Raise Dead up to level 6000000 for 1 second in a 100 radius, ignore resistance, ignore reflect, ignore line of sight requirement

Increased speed of projectile from 1044 to 20044

Hits a surface and animates everything that can be animated for 1 second.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-15 at 10:14 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

I like it. Does it work correctly?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

I like it. Does it work correctly?
    I shoot it at the ground (or a corpse if I feel like it), things in a fairly good area raise for a second (not all the way) and then cremate. I once went through a door during the one second and the ashes happened on the side I came through on at a slightly slanted angle.

+Not everything can be cremated (some bodies resist raise dead no matter what level it is, including dragons I think, or at least the first dragon you ever come across did (though I left before it fully absorbed to skip having to walk back to dragonsreach)).
    +I have a modification that allows me to summon up to 6 things. Not sure if that is having an effect on it.
    +There have been a few times when things refused to cremate on the first attempt (could have something to do with 6 thing limit, but not likely considering that I don't think there were that many corpses around)
    ++This seems to happen if I try to use cremation very shortly after killing something (as in before it has even finished it's death animation within less than a second)
    +Like all lesser powers it may not visibly have a cooldown in the description, but there's about a few seconds where you have to wait to use it again.
    +I experimented with several skeever corpses and a few bandits at the immediate entrance of the barrow that has the golden claw (bleakfalls barrow), all of them rose, some of them did not glow blue and cremate. I used the ability again and it did nothing. On the third time the remaining two skeevers cremated. This may indicate that it is affected by the 6 summon limit I have. A specialized perk could potentially be concocted that gives access to the cremate spell and an expanded summon limit for only the cremate spell specifically. I think a mini quest or maybe just a conversation with one of the priests of Arkay would be a good way to get it.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-16 at 01:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    I've now played through the Dragonborn questline. I'm not sure about the Bend Will shout; the game seems to want me to use it, but it seems kind of unsavory.
    I never found it to be very useful, frankly. If you had direct control over the dragon while you were riding it then maybe it would be OP, but as it is you're relying on the dragon AI to follow your instructions, and it does that about as smoothly and effectively as giving instructions to a hippo riding a three-wheeled shopping trolley.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I never found it to be very useful, frankly. If you had direct control over the dragon while you were riding it then maybe it would be OP, but as it is you're relying on the dragon AI to follow your instructions, and it does that about as smoothly and effectively as giving instructions to a hippo riding a three-wheeled shopping trolley.
    Ha! So I noticed when riding Mr. Underbite in the main quest. He clipped through the "water" about eight times before I decided to land and fight Miraak with my bow and a flame atronach.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds useful. Though I'd use a smaller distance so you could target specific enemies. Maybe the big one and then Cremate individual? It's the sort of thing you want to use when fighting Necromancers to stop that non-sense of killing one and then having it instantly resurrected by his friend.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds useful. Though I'd use a smaller distance so you could target specific enemies. Maybe the big one and then Cremate individual? It's the sort of thing you want to use when fighting Necromancers to stop that non-sense of killing one and then having it instantly resurrected by his friend.
    Personally, I just like the aesthetics more of a pile of ashes. But yeah, it could be useful in some situations (fighting Potema the second time...)

There's this guy named Atar or something who was annoying a town near-ish Markarth by not letting them use the mine. Because of my cheats I bribed him with 0 gold. He said "Well, that's more than the Silver-Bloods are paying us, we'll clear out."

So they were paying the Silver Bloods to do work for them...?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

I love rushing to fight that guy outside, so I can use my horse.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

I love rushing to fight that guy outside, so I can use my horse.
    Didn't know you could fight from a horse.

Idea for quest for cremation:
    Priest of Arkay somewhere in Falkreath offers to teach you the spell if you bring him a human skull to put to rest so as to prove your respect for the dead (trusting that you won't get it by unsavory means). Not too hard of a mini quest. Might give me a chance to try out my Bane voice impression...
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-17 at 02:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Didn't know you could fight from a horse.
    Yeah, you can. It's annoying, and not really worth it - no power attacks, no blocking, and you can't zoom in with your bow - but... it's there. Oh, and no magic, I don't think.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Really liking Enai Saion's "Sacrosanct" vampire mod. I said earlier it reminds me a lot of Belua Sanguinare, and it really does. Great power, but at a price, and cool little subtle powers you can play with when you're less fed than the overt "**** YOU I'MA EAT YA" aids that you get the hungrier you are.

Vampire's Command in particular is a great way to get away with murdering people who annoy you. Cast it, command them to die, and they have a mysterious heart attack, nothing anyone could do.

Been having a lot of fun playing a black mage who just strides around and blasts **** with Death magic as well. Dukkha's Death magic is (relatively) balanced (mostly due to absurdly high cost on the higher levels of the spells) though it's annoying that there are 9 levels of 6 different spells cluttering up your Alteration menu. It's fun just flinging a spell and having someone get Krillin'd or their flesh explode off their bones.

I downloaded Smilodon to make it a bit more fair, so I die super fast too.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Yeah, you can. It's annoying, and not really worth it - no power attacks, no blocking, and you can't zoom in with your bow - but... it's there. Oh, and no magic, I don't think.
    It can be worth it for fighting trolls and stuff like that early game if you don't know spacing well. Otherwise worthless, agreed. They're super slow, too, so you can only kite things like trolls and sometimes bandits or whatever. Bears probably. Wolves catch up.

It's probably more efficient even for players who don't know spacing to just learn spacing rather than ride a horse for those fights specifically. Kind of sad, really.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I also have convenient horses which adds a charge attack. So I can sprint and plow through a group of Bandit's or what have you. Then again, I think something has tweaked it so I have stronger attacks while sprinting on horseback anyway, but I'm not sure what.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    It's fun for fighting giants, and the NPC AI can't really handle it well for melee fighters either. You can actually power attack, and better, you can hold the power attack button indefinitely so as to time out the attack for when you're actually going to hit them, so it's more than possible to ride by someone, swipe with your power attack as they take an ineffectual swing at you/your horse, ride away, then turn around and repeat.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Definitely best suited to Light Cavalry tactics. Sticking and fighting is worse than just dismounting.