New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

[Moonwell]

She have some clue!

"That is a common misconception actually, this moonwell right here?" She lets her hands sink into the water. "Druids actually channel arcane energy from it to cast spells like moonfire and starfire by the blessing of Elune, not completely unlike mages. So despite many people playing up druids as the polar opposite of mages, we actually share some similarities. People just have weird hang-ups regarding the arcane. Demons are going to come and attack us either way, so it is not like throwing away a perfectly good tool is going to change anything. In my opinion, druids should seek balance, as we are taught, and right now it feels like some of our leaders are more concerned with caring about nature than our actual people. With both your people and mine getting slaughtered by demons and undead, it feels like we should focus on different things. Just imagine if we taught you druidism and you taught us the arcane. We could create a new empire from that." She argues.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

Illeria nods and says, "I knew that about the Moonwells...The Sunwell works much the same way, after all. But yeah. Your leaders suck, no offense. If our people actually worked together...We could rule Azeroth. Like we deserve to."

3. - Top - End - #963

[Moonwell]

"Or y'know, at least avoiding to get extincted. Our population have been in steady decline with the constant wars. Orcs and humans reproduce quickly, we don't. Each soldier lost takes a much greater toll on us, and my people have willingly let themselves slip into obscurity so we have little in the ways of advantages any more. Druidism or arcane casting isn't even something we can claim we are masters of anymore. I read that your people taught humans it a long time ago, and we've been teaching them druidism, along with both taurens and trolls."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

Illeria nods and says, "Yeah...Don't really know how you are doing, but the we're like...1 percent left. Between Arthas, and Kael'thas finally snapping...There really aren't many of us left."

5. - Top - End - #965

[Moonwell]

"That bad? As I said, we were attacked twice as well. First by orcs, then by demons, then by orcs again after the third war. Ashenvale is nearly lost at this point." Anika muses. "But we're holding out, especially since-" The druid blinks. She had almost forgotten. "Right, I should probably tell you, in my time, Sylvanas is the current warchief of the horde. Thrall left the role to his... cousin or whatever, and he went nuts. Then some troll, zul'jin took over until he got killed by demons. Then he appointed Sylvanas before he died. Oh, and Dalaran have moved over to the broken isles to fight the burning legion who have invaded again." Anika explains, skipping over the time-traveling nonsense. That would probably overwhelm Illeria if she wasn't already.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

Illeria nods along with the explanation, the summation of the Horde falling apart matching up with what she knew of Orcish politics, but her jaw drops when she hears Sylvanas is the new warchief. Her eyes take a far away, angry, look, and says, "Oh you have got to be kidding me. Light dammit, Lor'themar, I warned you. Did you listen? No, of course not. But I warned you." She sighs and says, "Great. Guess I'm not going home any time soon..."

7. - Top - End - #967

[Moonwell]

"But if you could, you could change the future." Anika says with a grin. "Though I probably shouldn't encourage that, for all I know, I might die if you change it. But if you really do stay, you likely need a place to stay. Even if you have money on you, staying at a inn for a extended period of time will ruin you. So you're really gonna need a place to crash, that and a way to get income. How did you get paid while you were in Dalaran? Do they get donations, or do you hire yourself to patrons? I never got a good idea how the mages in Dalaran made any money."

8. - Top - End - #968

NinjaGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The sphere reappears above the cracked slab, then slams into it as the wind once more reasserts itself. Apparently the sphere is some sort of manipulated gravity well, since its impact imparts much more force than a simple kick ever could, but the immense attractive force it's generating means that the pieces will be pulled into the sphere, just as the dirt was, rather than falling on Tier's ship. Once all of the pieces have been pulled into the sphere, it will disappear, and the figure will simply hop down to the floor below, absorbing the impact with his legs easily, despite the height. He seems to ignore the guard, instead focusing his attention on the ship, apparently leaving himself as an open target. The sickly green glow from his eyes does not fade, nor does that terrible smile upon his face, though he seems to be thinking, as once he straightens up from his landing and looks to the ship, he stands still for a few moments, simply gazing upon the ship.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [MAssimo Safehouse]

The sphere reappears above the cracked slab, then slams into it as the wind once more reasserts itself. Apparently the sphere is some sort of manipulated gravity well, since its impact imparts much more force than a simple kick ever could, but the immense attractive force it's generating means that the pieces will be pulled into the sphere, just as the dirt was, rather than falling on Tier's ship. Once all of the pieces have been pulled into the sphere, it will disappear, and the figure will simply hop down to the floor below, absorbing the impact with his legs easily, despite the height. He seems to ignore the guard, instead focusing his attention on the ship, apparently leaving himself as an open target. The sickly green glow from his eyes does not fade, nor does that terrible smile upon his face, though he seems to be thinking, as once he straightens up from his landing and looks to the ship, he stands still for a few moments, simply gazing upon the ship.
    Tier yells to the guard "He's going for my ship! Let's light him up!" Tier charges to the garage and starts full spraying with his M60 as soon as he sees the assailant. He yells to the guard "I have a visual on the tango."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

((Just a note, there is a wooden door between the garage and the guard.))

The garage is really only as big as the ship, except there are about 4 feet of space on each side of it. The guard tries to pick up the M249, But after a few steps, repositions at the door.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

11. - Top - End - #971

NinjaGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The figure doesn't move as Tier presumably bursts through the door and begins spraying his area with machine gun fire. Several rounds strike him and bounce off of his armor, even in the areas that seem less armored, including a tracer that manages to strike him squarely in the face, but which leaves no mark of its impact. He seems to pay it no mind, as though the onslaught of metal is just a breeze wafting past him; even the repeated impacts seem unable to move him a millimeter from his pose. After a moment, he simply looks over at Tier, and speaks loudly so that the man can hear him over the din of his weapon.

"Is this your ship?" There's just a hint of a British accent to his words, but there's also a threatening edge to them. The glow from his eyes has not faded, but the awful smile retreats for a moment when he speaks, before returning as he waits for an answer. He doesn't seem to be looking for a fight, as he's made no move to draw the weapons in the holsters on his thighs, nor to manifest the sphere he used to unearth and then enter the garage with.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The figure doesn't move as Tier presumably bursts through the door and begins spraying his area with machine gun fire. Several rounds strike him and bounce off of his armor, even in the areas that seem less armored, including a tracer that manages to strike him squarely in the face, but which leaves no mark of its impact. He seems to pay it no mind, as though the onslaught of metal is just a breeze wafting past him; even the repeated impacts seem unable to move him a millimeter from his pose. After a moment, he simply looks over at Tier, and speaks loudly so that the man can hear him over the din of his weapon.

"Is this your ship?" There's just a hint of a British accent to his words, but there's also a threatening edge to them. The glow from his eyes has not faded, but the awful smile retreats for a moment when he speaks, before returning as he waits for an answer. He doesn't seem to be looking for a fight, as he's made no move to draw the weapons in the holsters on his thighs, nor to manifest the sphere he used to unearth and then enter the garage with.
    Tier stops spraying, but keeps his gun pointed and says "Listen to me, that ship is a part of my entire life savings. I spent years to get the money and learning to fly it. If this is a part of some sadistic joke where you destroy it, I will obliterate you and then sell your remains to one of the necromancers here. Yes, it is my ship. Did you come after me because of the price on my head? Or do you want something else?"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Moonwell]

"But if you could, you could change the future." Anika says with a grin. "Though I probably shouldn't encourage that, for all I know, I might die if you change it. But if you really do stay, you likely need a place to stay. Even if you have money on you, staying at a inn for a extended period of time will ruin you. So you're really gonna need a place to crash, that and a way to get income. How did you get paid while you were in Dalaran? Do they get donations, or do you hire yourself to patrons? I never got a good idea how the mages in Dalaran made any money."
    Illeria nods and says, "There wasn't really much living to be made...The city provided my house and basic necessities...I guess the assumption is that most mages are either adventurers or are getting grants from the council like I did. Not really sure where they get their money from. As for here, I don't suppose you're offering a place to stay?" She says the latter with a smirk.

14. - Top - End - #974

[Moonwell]

"Maybe..." Anika smiles mysteriously. "If you don't mind sharing a bed, or snag someone else's, I'm crashing at this order you see and I only get one bed. I've seen empty ones though, but I don't think they're for guests." Anika muses. "Unless you mages can summon beds as well as food."

15. - Top - End - #975
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Wayward Shrine

The Drowess smiles behind her mask when Fettina falls asleep in her arms, and she simply holds the woman gently to make sure she didn't slip below the water. She stays quiet for several minutes until she's absolutely sure her guest has truly fallen into a slumber before she sighs. Now was the part of her job she'd never be able to reveal to anyone...

With slow movements, Erak reaches up to the spider mask covering her lower face and she removes it. Now scars or disfigurements await behind it, and if Fettina had only been awake would she have seen the soft and gentle lips that had been hidden away. The Shrinemaiden breathes out, pushing as much air out of her lungs as possible before slowly and gently breathing in. Her mouth glows slightly as she lowers it to be next to her guest's shoulder. "Let me take thine burdens to be my own..." She whispers as she takes phantasmal bits of Tina's woes, concerns, worries, and experiences into herself, literally breathing them in as she tries to soothe not just Fettina's mind, but her soul.

After several deep breaths of doing so, the Shrinemaiden will put the mask back on her face and proceed to gently hold the sleeping woman until she reawakens. When Fettina eventually does so, she'll feel that her mind and body are mostly refreshed and perhaps even a smidgen stronger for it with all of her worries being far away...
    [Wayward Shrine]

The maiden successfully drinks of Fettina, peaceful as she lies, and she murmurs in her dreaming slumber. She drinks in old pain, and self doubt, and guilty vice. She swallows raw hedonistic passion, worries for the future, perhaps even inklings of unrequited love.

When she finally does wake, it's with a little splash and several fluttering blinks. "Oh - ahh! Water! Hey!" Tina looks about herself, and is surprised to find she's still being held. "I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to fall asleep in here, am I?"

- - - Updated - - -

[Lonely Tower]

"I had thought so. It's why I've gotten you these,"
    says she, depositing a wide bundle of dark cloth on the shelf. "The axe was evident... the buckler, well... I felt it best if you err on the safe side." No need for poleaxes or halberds yet. She's glad she made the right choice.

A fine little hatchet of a charcoal-grey metal veined with seams of green is within the bundle, accompanied by a red buckler-shield (rather large for Iknika but very serviceable) painted with a single white chevron. They look like a real warrior's weapons. Things of good make. The axe's haft is slightly curved, and the wood is polished and shaven to a perfect gripping service.

"I've checked the weight myself. Vicious little thing. It's also good for throwing, if that suits you, but I don't know if you're strong enough yet. With time, more will come."
    Eschelle rubs her chin. "I think you ought to consider using a polearm of some sort..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

Illeria shakes her head, saying, "I wish, believe me. It would make life a lot easier...But no, I'm afraid not. And I doubt I'd be a good fit for this order of yours either..."

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

[Lonely Tower]

Iknika's eyes go wide, and her ears perk up in amazement.

"They're amazing!" She looks up as Eschelle. "I'd need another weapon if I threw it. And I guess I could have a polearm, but they're pretty inconvenient to carry around."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #978

[Moonwell]

"Relax, never said anything about joining. Just you crashing there a while. I don't even think anyone is going to notice, and even if they did, the worst thing they'll do is throw you out. It'll just be a temporary thing until you find a way home or some floating city or magic tower to settle down in." Anika argues. "It is either that or... well, I know someone who would probably let you sleep in her place. She got a huge apartment, so she got plenty of space."

19. - Top - End - #979

NinjaGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

"Well, to answer your question, no, I did not come after you. I didn't know you were here; I simply sensed the energy present in your ship. I've come across several ruins so far in my wanderings, and thought there might actually be something worthwhile eating here, unlike the last one." He shakes his head, the awful smile fading for a moment. "But I digress. Originally, I was going to eat your ship, and all of the wonderful energy present in such a craft. However, since it belongs to you, and as I am trying to not simply blow up or eat whomever might be in my way any longer, I shall take my leave." He turns calmly and begins walking back towards the open area he dropped in from.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

Illeria laughs and says, "Heh, I wish we could. Still...Honestly sounds pretty good. And from the way you're describing this world, it does seem like there would be an abundance of vacant magical towers that I could clear out and live in." She exhales, slowly, sinking slightly deeper into the pool, "As long as no one tries to do some kind of silly proselytizing to try to make me join, sure. You're right, I do need a place to stay anyways."

21. - Top - End - #981

[Moonwell]

"A silly what? I personally just joined since I was already doing what they were doing, and now I don't have to pay tavern bills. I've never been the kind that done well with authority, and so far they've not given me a single order, so there have been only benefits so far." But to be safe, she only visited VIGIL sparsely and avoided keeping any kind of communication device with her. It was the perfect plan!

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

[MAssimo Safehouse]

"Well, to answer your question, no, I did not come after you. I didn't know you were here; I simply sensed the energy present in your ship. I've come across several ruins so far in my wanderings, and thought there might actually be something worthwhile eating here, unlike the last one." He shakes his head, the awful smile fading for a moment. "But I digress. Originally, I was going to eat your ship, and all of the wonderful energy present in such a craft. However, since it belongs to you, and as I am trying to not simply blow up or eat whomever might be in my way any longer, I shall take my leave." He turns calmly and begins walking back towards the open area he dropped in from.
    Although he knows it probably won't do anything, Tier keeps his M60 pointed at the creature until he leaves.

23. - Top - End - #983

NinjaGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The "man" pauses as he reaches the area where daylight streams down into the garage, and looks back over his shoulder at Tier.

"Hmmm, it occurs to me. Perhaps you know, is there a volcano near here?"

24. - Top - End - #984
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lonely Tower]

Iknika's eyes go wide, and her ears perk up in amazement.

"They're amazing!" She looks up as Eschelle. "I'd need another weapon if I threw it. And I guess I could have a polearm, but they're pretty inconvenient to carry around."
    [Lonely Tower]

"You'll find you have much to carry if you travel often. Endurance, too, is key. Now, hmm... t'would be a shame if you had only wooden blocks to test such a weapon as that on, hmm?"
    Eschelle smirks at Iknika, putting one of her hands on the shelf and leaning on the stone.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #985
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The old security guard marches through the door interrupting. "Maybe! But fix my roof first. Nobody wrecks this place and just leaves.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

26. - Top - End - #986
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Gaelin says to the hamster "Let's go check upstairs." He and the hamster then go upstairs. Before going, he comments "This Arthur guy is a poor excuse for a wizard. I was able to take him out with a simple spell and his magic items are pitiful at best."
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Wizard's Cottage

Felandria is startled by the ring growing teeth and throws it into the corner in a panic.

Yow!

She continues to examine the trinkets, while keeping an eye on the corner to see if that thing comes after her.
    Wizard's Cottage

The ring loses its teeth and goes back to looking harmless.

On searching the shelves, the adventurers may find some other interesting trinkets; the first of these is a small bottle containing freshwater with a label attached showing a picture of a small lake. In addition to this there is a wand that looks to be made out of dried vine, what appears to be a tiny model of some armour (what happens if you pick it up, I wonder) and another, unremarkable wand.

Fendrick, however, sees the wizard waking up and runs upstairs to warn Gaelin and Felandria. 'Do you have any more of that sleepy dust?' he asks Gaelin. Fendrick keeps turning to look downstairs, as if worried that the wizard will follow them.

The adventurers could always allow the wizard Arthur to wake up, perhaps he'll have some explanation for why his cottage is in such a state!

(Sorry for my delayed reply.... I've been writing an essay for college. Sorry)

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Wizard's Cottage

The ring loses its teeth and goes back to looking harmless.

On searching the shelves, the adventurers may find some other interesting trinkets; the first of these is a small bottle containing freshwater with a label attached showing a picture of a small lake. In addition to this there is a wand that looks to be made out of dried vine, what appears to be a tiny model of some armour (what happens if you pick it up, I wonder) and another, unremarkable wand.

Fendrick, however, sees the wizard waking up and runs upstairs to warn Gaelin and Felandria. 'Do you have any more of that sleepy dust?' he asks Gaelin. Fendrick keeps turning to look downstairs, as if worried that the wizard will follow them.

The adventurers could always allow the wizard Arthur to wake up, perhaps he'll have some explanation for why his cottage is in such a state!

(Sorry for my delayed reply.... I've been writing an essay for college. Sorry)
    Gaelin pulls out a handful of sand says to Fendrick "Put this in your hand" if Fendrick takes it, he will notice that it feels like sand. "This is just normal everyday sand. What turns it into a sleep spell is when it combined with an arcane word for sleep. I could tell you one, but unless you have some inborn gift as some do, it takes several years to master even the concepts of magic. When you finally do, you start with simple powers with no effect, and you essentially become the equivalent a stage magician. However, with enough practice and study, you can master the greatest of magics, and discover the greatest secrets of the arcane. Now, I could take you in as an apprentice, but I'm afraid that after my latest investment I am having a hard time getting money for food." While he says all of this, he completely forgets about Arthur.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

[Lonely Tower]

Iknika's ears perk up. She likes the sound of that.

"Do you have something else in mind, ma'am?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The "man" pauses as he reaches the area where daylight streams down into the garage, and looks back over his shoulder at Tier.

"Hmmm, it occurs to me. Perhaps you know, is there a volcano near here?"
    Tier says "I might tell you if you put the old man's roof back. I may be a horrible person, but at least I have standards."

30. - Top - End - #990

NinjaGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The figure shrugs slightly, but not before fixing both of them with a burning emerald eye. It's akin to staring a hungry dragon in the face. He looks away after a moment, upwards, as though planning how to leave.

"Consider yourselves lucky I'm performing an experiment today. Tomorrow, you may not be so fortunate. Fix your own damn roof." He blurs, disappearing. A split second later, a wave of wind washes past the pair, apparently from the velocity with which their visitor has leapt from the parking garage. Even the cameras, when they check them, don't show him landing anywhere within their fields of view, nor can they track his vector. Either he can fly, or he jumped so high that he came down outside their visual range. Perhaps both, but either way, he's long gone.