Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1471

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

Slave Camp

When Meredith gets off the longship, she'll first turn to Orion. "We have a moment alone now, if you'd like to speak. Either way, I have another idea. One that may create a bit of a scuffle and keep the slavers from leaving with any of the slaves. I can try to control that one with the book to slash the tires of the vehicles. Since it will be more of a directed suggestion from the book's pages and less puppeteering, I should be able to do it from afar."

Where they are is probably at the base of the hill and a bit farther away. Is there any cover nearby? Trees perhaps, or tall grass? Anywhere where they can watch from while hiding is what Meredith's looking for. She wants to study the movement patterns of the patrolling guards.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

Fayyaad nods. He's becoming a bit tense by now, but trying not to. He breathes out, then fires again. This time, the shot hits closed to the middle of the tree. His tail curls downwards and between his legs, as he tries to properly balance it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

((This is what really happened! Sorry for the godmodding, been one hellva week))

Tower Precipice

Oh thank the seven hells, I thought you guys would never push me into floor! says Nimnarath as he sinks into floor.

Those scholarly in the magical arts can tell whilst the dark lich's own power may have been drained, those of his lair are not. The spells in the tower allow him to pass through the walls if he is flat against them.

He then emerges from the floor behind Luvon and tries to make a grab for his quiver of arrows. If his grab is successful he'll throw it over the edge of the tower.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra grins at him.

"Good shot! Now you just need to repeat what you just did, every time. See if you can repeat what you just did."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Barbarian in the Playground

Undertower

Cherie sighs. This was going nowhere fast, and she wasn't very keen on staying here and arguing with this beast until she died of old age.

She steps forward, ahead of both Naku and Devero, the playful grin on her face now quite gone. "Well, I, for one, am quite tired of standing here and having this cyclical argument, so my terms are now demands. I'm going to give you five seconds. Either you stand down and let us pass, or I will destroy you. Simple enough, I think." With that, her crystal moves near the hilt of her rapier, and she holds it with the blade pointing towards the ground, as the air around the blade and crystal begins to charge with a black electricity.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    ((This is what really happened! Sorry for the godmodding, been one hellva week))

Tower Precipice

Oh thank the seven hells, I thought you guys would never push me into floor! says Nimnarath as he sinks into floor.

Those scholarly in the magical arts can tell whilst the dark lich's own power may have been drained, those of his lair are not. The spells in the tower allow him to pass through the walls if he is flat against them.

He then emerges from the floor behind Luvon and tries to make a grab for his quiver of arrows. If his grab is successful he'll throw it over the edge of the tower.
    Steve goes to pick up his weapons and then, if successful, attempts to shield bash Nimnarath whole when Nimnarath grabs onto Luvon's quiver.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-07-25 at 10:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Tower Precipice

Nimnarath manages to grab the quiver, but it's attached to Luvon by a leather strap, not Velcro. The ranger instantly swings his elbow around at the lich's jaw. Hopefully a shield and an elbow should break the skull for some time.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-07-25 at 10:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    Slave Camp

When Meredith gets off the longship, she'll first turn to Orion. "We have a moment alone now, if you'd like to speak. Either way, I have another idea. One that may create a bit of a scuffle and keep the slavers from leaving with any of the slaves. I can try to control that one with the book to slash the tires of the vehicles. Since it will be more of a directed suggestion from the book's pages and less puppeteering, I should be able to do it from afar."

Where they are is probably at the base of the hill and a bit farther away. Is there any cover nearby? Trees perhaps, or tall grass? Anywhere where they can watch from while hiding is what Meredith's looking for. She wants to study the movement patterns of the patrolling guards.
    Slave Camp

"I was wondering if you could help me with something," he speaks softly while grabbing onto the moving sack attached to him, "I'm a fighter so I'm not exactly well-versed in magic, but I was wondering if you'd be able to merge the spirit of this creature with me," he speaks with haste, and worry since the base is in the near distance, "I've looked up several spells capable of doing the job, but I need someone that's experienced in the matter, especially if there could be potential side effects."

"I don't see a problem with controlling the one with the book," Orion agrees, "especially if it'd be from a safe distance."

While Meredith might choose to focus on the movement patterns of the guards, Orion's eyes catch the large statue which rubs him in a very wrong way. He then focuses on the different entrances and exits of the camp before he begins to wonder where the slaves are located.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-07-28 at 12:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Orc in the Playground

Slaver Camp

There are bushes at the base of the hill, a mixture of rowan, brambles and juniper, with some raspberries mixed in. They'll provide plenty of cover... Though the brambles are thorny.

The camp is pretty lose, set on a flatter top of the hill near the statue. There's no solid walls or fences to make a permanent barrier, and besides the rough track the vehicles used to climb the hill, and which extends down the other side, there's no clear entrance or exit. The slavers don't seem to care too much, treating the whole thing as a perimeter and walking around the edges of the camp, outside even the buses. The ones actively patrolling do so in pairs, and are very alert.

Orion might not recognise the vehicles for what they are, but all three of the buses have two storeys, and they were informed that the slaves were being transported in 'double decker buses'.

More information on the one reading: he's located in nearly the centre of the camp, in the shade of the motor home. He's hideously ugly, too ugly to be pure human. And he isn't; he's a hagspawn, the son of a malicious female human-like monster and a magically compelled human captive. He's wearing jeans and a brightly coloured Hawaiian style shirt, and under his chair lies a curved yatagan sword, with the edge on the inside of the curve. He could easily reach it, should he need it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

The Undertower

While it is truth that I do not have the ability to destroy you, I ask why you have come here? says the creature to Naku.

Then it hears Devero's comment, and it says: Tower? I know not of this tower. This is the Garden of the Green Faith. I am one of its guardians.

And then Cherie pipes up, and it retorts: Ah. I see. You people are vile and vicious souls like the ones who came before you. Know this, none of you will touch the shadow flower, be you man, blood-phage, or witch!

The creature then goes back into its defensive stance.

Behind the creature is a black orb that seems to suck in the light. I'm pretty sure I said this in previous posts, but I might be wrong.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Slaver Camp

Meredith had been heading towards the bushes before Orion asked his question, but she stops to give him a puzzled look. "I'm a little flattered that you think I can be that versatile, but I'm afraid I can't really do that. You want me to heal someone, I will. You want me to make someone into a puppet I'll... question your alignment, but I can at least do that. I'm a control mage and a healer. All that mystical soul-based stuff I don't do. My magic... as you'll see in a moment... is very anatomy based. I could possibly physically merge your mind with that creatures, but I don't think you'd want that really."

She continues towards the bushes, pulling the cloak up and over her head. The thick leather will protect her from the thorns, and when she's still, the leather is dark and should blend in nicely with the bushes. She kneels in the bushes and focuses her attention on the hagspawn and his book. "Okay." This technique isn't so harmful. That justifies it, right?

The nature of the spell is word-based, so her lips glow ever so slightly yellow as she tries to tap into the hagspawn's stream of consciousness. Since he is distracted reading, and since she's not doing anything more than trying to read the words as they first hit his prefrontal cortex, before they are even processed and understood by him, it should be hard to detect her at all. If it works, she should start speaking the words herself, in a quiet whisper. She needs to know what the book is about and have a few of the lines in mind before she can use it to control him.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

Fayyaad takes a deep breath, and shoots again. This time, the bullet hits a little farther from the centre, but not by much. Seems he's getting the hang of the basics, at least.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-07-26 at 06:47 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1303

The Undertower

While it is truth that I do not have the ability to destroy you, I ask why you have come here? says the creature to Naku.

Then it hears Devero's comment, and it says: Tower? I know not of this tower. This is the Garden of the Green Faith. I am one of its guardians.

And then Cherie pipes up, and it retorts: Ah. I see. You people are vile and vicious souls like the ones who came before you. Know this, none of you will touch the shadow flower, be you man, blood-phage, or witch!

The creature then goes back into its defensive stance.

Behind the creature is a black orb that seems to suck in the light. I'm pretty sure I said this in previous posts, but I might be wrong.
    Undertower

I believe you have mentioned, I was just curious if there was anything special about the orb. Say, is it directly behind the creature? A little bit behind it? A few miles off? Is there a cage around it? Is there a wall behind the creature, is it an infinitely stretching arena, so on.

"Welp! We tried. You wouldn't stand aside. It's all yours, Cherie~" Naku comments, before creating what appears to be a reclining beach chair of some sort out of ice, and flopping down on it to watch the fireworks, her trust in Cherie's ability to handle the situation complete.
    Not a care in the world, this one.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-07-27 at 04:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

14. - Top - End - #1304

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra nods again.

"Looks like you're starting to get the hang of it. You should have two left, finish off the magazine, and we'll take a quick break."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

Fayyaad takes two more shots. They miss the mark, but not by much. He lowers the gun and waves his other hand about. Seems it cramped from the focused tension.

"It's unfamiliar, but easier than I expected."

16. - Top - End - #1306

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra nods again, moving close to him. The slide on the weapon has locked open.

"It's just a matter of practice, now, so you have the muscle memory when you need it." She rubs his back with one hand. "How's your hand? Forty-five isn't exactly a low-recoil round, but you did well with it for being a beginner."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    Slaver Camp

Meredith had been heading towards the bushes before Orion asked his question, but she stops to give him a puzzled look. "I'm a little flattered that you think I can be that versatile, but I'm afraid I can't really do that. You want me to heal someone, I will. You want me to make someone into a puppet I'll... question your alignment, but I can at least do that. I'm a control mage and a healer. All that mystical soul-based stuff I don't do. My magic... as you'll see in a moment... is very anatomy based. I could possibly physically merge your mind with that creatures, but I don't think you'd want that really."

She continues towards the bushes, pulling the cloak up and over her head. The thick leather will protect her from the thorns, and when she's still, the leather is dark and should blend in nicely with the bushes. She kneels in the bushes and focuses her attention on the hagspawn and his book. "Okay." This technique isn't so harmful. That justifies it, right?

The nature of the spell is word-based, so her lips glow ever so slightly yellow as she tries to tap into the hagspawn's stream of consciousness. Since he is distracted reading, and since she's not doing anything more than trying to read the words as they first hit his prefrontal cortex, before they are even processed and understood by him, it should be hard to detect her at all. If it works, she should start speaking the words herself, in a quiet whisper. She needs to know what the book is about and have a few of the lines in mind before she can use it to control him.
    Slaver Camp

"Alright," Orion's mind processes the information, "there might be a member within my division that could aid me with this despite how much I don't want to contact them. Thank you though. Physically merging my mind with it would be very beneficial, but it needs to merge with me completely so I'll have full use of its abilities," he whispers so only she could hear.

Those are a lot of vehicles, and Orion definitely finds the double-decker bus strange, but as long as there aren't any guards scouting from there he wouldn't complain.
    Orion's armor protects the major parts of his body from being exposed to the thorns, but his hands and arms might occasionally be pricked. The shade of his armor is bright silver making it far easier to spot him in comparison to Meredith, but he does his best to mask his presence which he never tends to do since he's a knight so only those with a good eye could be able to spot him.

Upon looking at the hagspawn, Orion grows certain that the creature isn't human, but he's not too familiar with hags, and that causes him to worry of what it's capabilities are. He has faith in Meredith's abilities though, and watches as she begins casting the spell. Hopefully everything would work out smoothly.

Orion will keep his eye out for any potential guards that draw near while attempting to control his emotions in an attempt to make him experience sadness. As easy as that might sound, Orion isn't the type of person that's felt the need to control how he feels since the idea of doing so always rubbed him the wrong way. The process might take some time, but if it works he wouldn't be seen allowing him to worry solely about the sound of his footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Undertower

"Welp! We tried. You wouldn't stand aside. It's all yours, Cherie~" Naku comments, before creating what appears to be a reclining beach chair of some sort out of ice, and flopping down on it to watch the fireworks, her trust in Cherie's ability to handle the situation complete.
    Not a care in the world, this one.
    Undertower

Devero's eyes widen with shock, "a reclining chair?" he questions as his face releases a bewildered expression of utter confusion.

"I do not understand why you would protect an evil orb, but it must be destroyed. Besides, I don't exactly see how you benefit from protecting it," Devero speaks to the creature before looking at Cherie.

Despite his urge to instantly seize the orb he knows that he needs to know more about the creature's capabilities, maybe Cherie could test it out.

"I'm not going to interfere if you can handle it yourself," Devero agrees with Naku, "it's all yours."

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Slaver Camp

The hagspawn is reading an erotic novel about two young men and an older dominatrix. If Meredith realises what the words are as/before they leave her lips, she might get a bit embarrassed- he's at quite a raunchy bit, though seems pretty unaffected by the words.

None of the slavers have noticed the two adventurers lurking at the bottom of the hill. They're looking more for larger groups, confident in their numbers to defeat smaller groups and lone individuals. And they happen to assume that most smaller groups would be buyers, so whilst alert, they aren't looking for what they should be looking for. None of them stray too far from the camp, either, feeling safe where they are.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"It's cramped," he admits. "I'm not used to holding it steady this way for long. The gun seemed light at first, but firing it is another story."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

Spoiler: Reminder that Nimnarath does not have a skull, he is a creature made of shadows
    Show

The bashing and such does phase him, and he goes ind of wobley for a while.

21. - Top - End - #1311

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra nods.

"You'll get used to it. The position, I mean. Admittedly, it's easier to practice with a lighter caliber, and that's precisely what -you- should do, but I wanted you to be able to get the fundamentals down today, and I don't carry anything in a lighter caliber than this." She chuckles to herself. "I don't actually -own- anything in a lighter caliber, either, but if you'd like, I can find you something that would be suitable."

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Tower Precipice

Spoiler: Reminder that Nimnarath does not have a skull, he is a creature made of shadows
    Show

The bashing and such does phase him, and he goes ind of wobley for a while.
    While Nimnarath is wobbly, Steve attempts to grab him by the shoulder and run him through with his sword.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    While Nimnarath is wobbly, Steve attempts to grab him by the shoulder and run him through with his sword.
    The ranger will fire another specially colored arrow, but this time, at the lich's foot. If it hits the floor, a 10 foot white radius will appear under the arrow where the arrow hit. If it hits the foot of the lich, the radius will follow Nimnarath's foot. The radius will prevent the use of arcane magic. The Antimagic preparations have paid off.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

24. - Top - End - #1314

Undertower

"You had all the time in the world to explain your duties to us, and we told you we weren't going to attack if you didn't. Instead, you gave vague threats to us. Honestly, I would not recommend your guardian services to my friends." With that, Cherie thrusts her odd sword and crystal combo forward, and a bolt of black lightning cracks across, arcing towards the beast's head.

Then she turns her head towards the others. "I do appreciate an audience, but perhaps one of you would like to go get what we came for?"

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Law Enforcement Facility==> New Inside]

"So what happened? I managed to escape and eventually tracked those bastards down. Apparently they're afraid of the orgs, which made things a lot easier. But you've gone for days, I thought they were performing tortured you or something. What happened in there." Anika asks, apparently Illera has been out for a while...
    Illeria shakes her head and says, "Nah, I'm, uh.." She cuts off and her jaw drops as she continues, "Hold on wait, days!?! I take that back. They could have done anything to me."

26. - Top - End - #1316

[New Inside]

Anika frowns and bares her pointy canines. "You didn't know? They kept you asleep this long? ****ers." She eyes the city behind her. "Maybe we should tear their city a new one." Probably not a very good idea.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside]

Bad idea? No, surely not. Illeria grins and says to Anika, "Now you're speaking my language. They're so afraid of magic-users...Perhaps we should remind them why they should be more scared than they are."

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"By 'caliber', I assume you mean size," Fayyaad says. "It might be preferable. I have my pyromancy if I want to do a lot of damage, so a lighter firearm might be more suited for me, if I end up carrying one regularly."

29. - Top - End - #1319

[New Inside]

Anika grin widens, it is unclear if it is a vicious one or a smiling one at this point. "So where do we start? You could turn a few into sheep, right?" Would they just turn random people on the street into sheep? They hardly had anything to do with Illeria's imprisonment...

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside]

Illeria laughs and says, "What do you take me for? Some two-bit magister that just learned how to polymorph? No my friend." She points her blade at the nearest building that's a safe distance from the duo and shouts, "FELO'MELORN!" attempting to engulf it's foundation in a pillar of flame.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2017-07-29 at 04:58 PM.