New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Outside 45

[Ruins]

The humanoid figure turns to regard Fayyaad, and despite the tiefling's best effort to remain hidden, the figure's gaze seems to fall right on him. The figure's armor is black, trimmed with red and white. The armor itself is sleek, tight and seems almost cloth-like, though the dull finish on the black portions hints that it's something far stronger than mere cloth. The red and white parts are obviously metal of some sort, forming thicker bracers, high boots/greaves, and a helmet with twin crests that flow from the centered ruby on the brow-piece, over the eye-reliefs and back, forming a v-shaped fin of sorts that follows the contour of the helmet. The more cloth-like portions seem to form a heavy, sleeveless shirt, with the figure's physique being covered only by a skintight layer down to the bracers, while lower torso protection is provided by what can best be described as "metal briefs", again with the skin-tight layer underneath, seeming to cover from beneath the armored over-shirt down below the briefs, over the thighs and down into the greaves. Two triangularly shaped "holsters" adorn the figure's thighs, one on each leg, the unadorned white hilt of some sort of weapon just visible. The figure's eyes have dully-glowing red irises, though the red seems to be broken by three lines in each iris in addition to the pupil, set at 60 degree angles to one another. The face is rather androgynous, the expression somewhat amused. The androgyny is shattered a moment later when the figure speaks in a somewhat deep voice, with a bit of irony mixed into a slightly British accent.

"Let you leave? Why would I want to keep you here, in this wretched hole of a prison? I intend to leave myself, perhaps you'd like to accompany me? I do sense that I am no longer in my home dimension, perhaps you could enlighten me as to where I've landed." He smiles in a friendly manner, and gestures towards the hall as he says this.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Temple Assault]

Meanwhile, the shadowy Felandria raises her hand and a shield is raised around her which appear to block the missiles as they disappear into the fog. She, at least, seem unharmed by them. "Is that so? So you're intending to beat me like that? How amusing."
    Now several bolts of blue pale light shoots out from various directions towards Felandria (one bolt coming from directly behind her). If she is hit, she is going to take some severe frost burns.
    Felandria manages to block most of the bolts, but the one behind her smacks her right in the small of the back.

Yaaaah!!!!!

Crap, that hurts.

And at this point is where the shadow Felandria would notice the aura beginning to surround the real deal, as Felandria's expression changes from pained to one of rage with a hint of amusement.

Alright, you wanna play?

Let's play.

And before she finishes the last word, she begins growing larger, and begins inhaling deeply as she does so.

Once she becomes big enough for the shadow Fel to fall below her knees, Felandria crouches down and blows right at the shadow clone, her breath being a fairly strong wind at her size.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #363

[Degenburg Castle]

Right. That would explain Sszinyon's reaction, and also why she had left all this stupidity behind her.
    "Yes, I think we've heard enough." Dena admits. "But what would Raril to have to gain from committing such a awful thing? Just sheer spite? Your description of your relationship doesn't suggest that."

[Temple Assault - Wenomir]

As Wenomir approaches the lights, the foul smell of rotting vegetation is getting even stronger and Wenomir will find it difficult to move very quickly as a network of tree roots are running just underneath the surface, which are easy to trip on. But if he follows the lights, he will eventually see a huge pitlord standing amidst the scorched corpses of what appear to be gnolls. It is hard to determine how long they have been dead, but insects, like the wisps, have already gathered in the area, feasting upon the corpses.
    The pit lord itself is unlike the others Wenomir have seen so far, instead of a black armor, this one seems to paradoxically to be made of silver that is shining the way it does when demons are nearby. It is a unnaturally clean armor, in sharp contrast to the decaying surroundings. It is as if the metal is rejecting This demon also have a helmet like the knights Wenomir have come across before, but this one is shaped like a crown with two glowing ice-blue eyes looking through its eye-holes, in contrast to the others intense yellow eyes.
    The demon appear to be ready for a fight, brandishing a huge hammer and a shield. "You must be Wenomir, one of VIGIL's leaders, and apparently missing the point of that whole 'leader'-thing." The pit fiend remarks with a grin. "Coming here alone, abandoning his pages to chase glowing lights." It mocks.

[Temple Assault - The rest]

Steve will find that his magically infused weapon cuts through the spirits like butter, they are starting to fall apart as soon as his desperate, wide swings takes out large parts out of them. Then Luvon's lighting bolt goes through the rest, apparently finishing of the remaining phantoms which are reduced back to mist. Steve will, once the last spirit falls, feel that he can breath freely once again. Luvon's lighting bolt can't have been painless though, ouch.

Meanwhile, the shadowy Felandria starts falling back as the true Felandria grows in size. The apparition once again raises its hand when the giant blows at her, so while the fog, the water and even some of the vegetation is blown away, the shadowy being remains unaffected somehow.
    However, as the mist is blown away by Felandria the group can spot a number of strange creatures that apparently have been lurking nearby all this time. At first glance they appear to be fully armored pit lords, but in reality they don't appear to have a body, their black armors are simply floating in the air, with a blue mist forming underneath them and cold blue eyes staring out of their empty helmets. It appears that they are all casting some form of spell judging by how their armored hands are glowing in a pale blue right.

As soon as they are revealed, the armored spirits retreat back into the mist again, apparently preferring to remain undetected.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

"This is the Nexus, and I'm just here to retrieve a crystal," Fayyaad says, slowly. "I had no idea you were being imprisoned here."

Wenomir grins wolfishly, gripping his sword in both hands.

"And yet I've found my prey. Prepare yourself for the honour of dying by my hand."

He charges, coming at the demon's right side, before stopping short and jumping. He vaults above the demon trying to land on its left side and bring the Answer down on its shield-arm. He hopes that the shield will have been facing the other way, to meet his initial charge.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #365

The pit fiend grins and raises its shield as he comes charging. It isn't quite fast enough to react to Wenomir vaulting over it however and the warrior get's a free hit in.

There is only one problem.

The answer is going straight through the demons arm as if had been thin air.
    But already when he started to swing the sword towards the fiend, the wisps have started detonating. Wenomir might be able to register the demon laughing as the detonations are igniting the swamp gas that has been building up from the rotting vegetation and corpses, creating series of large explosions all across the entire field where Wenomir and the demon are standing.

*BLAAAaaaAAAaAM-sSsshHHhhhh*

The series of explosion is so many that the other group can see it through the mist, as it scorches the earth all around them, leaving everything is a cloud of smoke and mist.

6. - Top - End - #366

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The figure blinks for a moment, then begins laughing. The sound is somehow both friendly and ominous at the same time. Finally, he grins at Fayyaad.

"I see. You're here to take one of the facility's quantum refractors, then. The main ones are most likely broken, but the security and general usage ones are probably still intact." He tilts his head back and sniffs for a moment, in a manner not unlike someone smelling the scent of freshly baked cookies. His eyes glow a bit brighter. "I suspect both may be too heavy for you to carry. If you'll allow me to consume one of them, I'll give you hand carrying the other, if you'd like."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

Fayyaad has a feeling allowing this... person to consume a crystal isn't a good idea. Let's try to solve it diplomatically...

"Thank you, but I think I'll be fine. The bots should be deactivated now, so I'll just drag it to the exit."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Steve will find that his magically infused weapon cuts through the spirits like butter, they are starting to fall apart as soon as his desperate, wide swings takes out large parts out of them. Then Luvon's lighting bolt goes through the rest, apparently finishing of the remaining phantoms which are reduced back to mist. Steve will, once the last spirit falls, feel that he can breath freely once again. Luvon's lighting bolt can't have been painless though, ouch.

Meanwhile, the shadowy Felandria starts falling back as the true Felandria grows in size. The apparition once again raises its hand when the giant blows at her, so while the fog, the water and even some of the vegetation is blown away, the shadowy being remains unaffected somehow.
    However, as the mist is blown away by Felandria the group can spot a number of strange creatures that apparently have been lurking nearby all this time. At first glance they appear to be fully armored pit lords, but in reality they don't appear to have a body, their black armors are simply floating in the air, with a blue mist forming underneath them and cold blue eyes staring out of their empty helmets. It appears that they are all casting some form of spell judging by how their armored hands are glowing in a pale blue right.

As soon as they are revealed, the armored spirits retreat back into the mist again, apparently preferring to remain undetected.
    Steve falls to the ground due to now being let go and being hit by the lighting bolt. He gets up and sheathes his knife. He then puts his hands on his shoulders and uses Lay on Hands to heal himself enough to stand up. He then puts on his helmet and picks up his sword and shield, staggering as he performs these simple tasks. He yells to Luvon "Hey, can you help heal me? If I try myself, it will take a while to being back to fighting status."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

9. - Top - End - #369

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The figure shrugs in a nonchalant manner.

"Suit yourself. I should warn you, however, that deactivating security does nothing to deactivate already active Reaverbots. They're self-powered, you see. Deactivating security does keep them from regenerating, and it will disable any active traps, but that's all. Any that you've already destroyed won't be replaced, but any that you've not destroyed will still be there for you to face on your way out." He turns back towards the hall, and his gaze falls on the ceiling, as if he can see through it. After a moment, he looks back to Fayyaad.

"My offer still stands, but once I leave this room, you'll be on your own, digger. It's up to you."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [A Morning Stroll]

"Well..." Sakura thinks about talking to Adir or Cessie or Sarget... No, they all would still just want her banished... The kami her. Maybe it won't be such a problem if she does this. "No, you should do it." She finally says as the silence was starting to drag on.
    A Morning Stroll

Lee's smile is beaming, but not so much as her eye, which glows with unrestrained eldritch energies finally allowed to do their work. The powers work in a blink, and if Sakura maintains eye contact with just the eye she was told to keep open, one moment the kami will be as she was, and the next she will likely be as she is now! But Lee isn't done, as her urge to correct an ailing relationship between Sakura and her Kami is too great to ignore once her powers have been released. Another surge of power pushes the kami out of the eye she was called to, following it deeper and deeper into the core of the dryad's being. There Lee's power surrounds them both in a warm, inviting cocoon that slowly pulls tighter and tighter around them. Smaller and smaller their essence is compressed, until barriers fade, lines blur, and there are not two beings sharing one body but one, existing as it always should. "And it's done. Focus now on what drives you, what you are at your core. Feel your passion for your husband, for your children growing strong and healthy. Growth, Nurturing, and Love are your being now, Sakura."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2017-02-26 at 09:26 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve falls to the ground due to now being let go and being hit by the lighting bolt. He gets up and sheathes his knife. He then puts his hands on his shoulders and uses Lay on Hands to heal himself enough to stand up. He then puts on his helmet and picks up his sword and shield, staggering as he performs these simple tasks. He yells to Luvon "Hey, can you help heal me? If I try myself, it will take a while to being back to fighting status."
    "Yeah, sure." Says Luvon as he turns off his shields, picks them up, and runs over to Steve and cats Cure Moderate Wounds. He then says, "We should go help Felandria or Wenomir."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria ceases blowing and smiles.

Well, seems your game is up.

Time for the little pests to go bye-bye.

Felandria raises her massive fists and begins to bring them down to smash all and sundry, but she stops short, and simply points her hands down towards the mist where the armored figures are hiding.

Greater Dispel Magic.

13. - Top - End - #373

The shadowy Felandria simply disappears as Felandria stops blowing. But as she dispels the magic, it will reveal that not all the fog was magically created, the fog simple thins out enough for them to see that the armored spirits are retreating back across the lake. The armored performing a fighting retreat as they cast more bolts of frost at the giant as they float across the lake towards the sunken temple itself.

They are aiming for Felandria's eyes with their bolts, attempting to blind her.

Luvon and Steve are left alone for now, but they, like Felandria, will most likely see and hear the huge explosion that rocks the nearby area.
    Just the sound of it might leave them temporarily dazed as it presses against their eardrums.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-02-26 at 01:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

While Wenomir's brain is occupied uselessly contemplating yet another trap he blundered into, his instincts take over. When the explosions begin, he leaps high into the air, somersaulting. The jump takes him away from the radius of being turned into bits of meat and metal, but not out of the shockwave range. The force catches up to him near the apex of his jump, knocking him even further upwards and breaking his poise. He drops unceremoniously to the ground and falls flat. He twitches and starts getting up slowly.

[Ruins]

"What do you need the crystal for, and what will you do with it?"

It's becoming increasingly clear to Fayyaad that he doesn't really have a choice here.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

The shadowy Felandria simply disappears as Felandria stops blowing. But as she dispels the magic, it will reveal that not all the fog was magically created, the fog simple thins out enough for them to see that the armored spirits are retreating back across the lake. The armored performing a fighting retreat as they cast more bolts of frost at the giant as they float across the lake towards the sunken temple itself.

They are aiming for Felandria's eyes with their bolts, attempting to blind her.

Luvon and Steve are left alone for now, but they, like Felandria, will most likely see and hear the huge explosion that rocks the nearby area.
    Just the sound of it might leave them temporarily dazed as it presses against their eardrums.
    Steve, healed to healthy but not quite full health, charges at the armored spirits, shield raised and yells at them "Fight me, you cowards! How dare you run away from a fight from a worthy opponent! For this and more, I will send you back to the hells from which you came from!" It should be clear to the others by his shouting that he is not exactly thinking straight. While charging, he prays "Protector of Good, please protect your servant from the destroying cold." (Resist Energy: Ice) Steve briefly and faintly glows.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

[Degenburg Castle]

Right. That would explain Sszinyon's reaction, and also why she had left all this stupidity behind her.
    "Yes, I think we've heard enough." Dena admits. "But what would Raril to have to gain from committing such a awful thing? Just sheer spite? Your description of your relationship doesn't suggest that."
    The drow shook his head. "I am not sure. The only explanation I have been able to think of is that he was trying to get back into our mother's good graces. He was soon accepted back into the family, though our mother was deposed by our eldest sister."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve, healed to healthy but not quite full health, charges at the armored spirits, shield raised and yells at them "Fight me, you cowards! How dare you run away from a fight from a worthy opponent! For this and more, I will send you back to the hells from which you came from!" It should be clear to the others by his shouting that he is not exactly thinking straight. While charging, he prays "Protector of Good, please protect your servant from the destroying cold." (Resist Energy: Ice) Steve briefly and faintly glows.
    The ranger looks a little annoyed. "Steve! I just healed you! Please don't get yourself killed." He says as he runs after Steve, very capable of catching up to him.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Orc Story][GMO Factory]

Well, that went a lot smoother than expected. The two employess quickly make their way to the main entrance, stepping out into the cool night breeze. While running, they take a cautious look around.
    "Inanna isn't here.", the lizardman says. "What's taking her so long?"
    "She said she'll come after us right? Probably got some last things to do before she can leave. She has her gun, she'll be alright."
    "I hope so. Let's get out of here."
    With that, the orc gets into her car and the lizard hops onto his scooter. They escape.

Even though the security woman was still searching for them. Confused and afraid, she runs through the white hallways, numerous alarms blaring in the background. At least the fire alarm isn't among them. Yet. The security woman checks the quarantine rooms in the basement, the offices of her colleagues, the big entry hall, the rooms with the splicing and transposing machinery. Nothing to be found except several million bucks worth of collateral damage. Until she reaches the IT room, out of which come noises of rage and electronics being hacked to pieces. That must be the intruding orc. The security woman stops dead in her tracks and considers threatening the intruder with her pistol while questioning her about the whereabouts of her friends. No, far too dangerous. If she had learned one thing out of movies it's that the good guys should never give the villain time to react. So the security woman just peeks around the corner and unloads her pistol at Ensara.

When Ensara had reached the IT room, the upload had already been running for 6 minutes. Luckily, the genome files were not uploaded one after the other, but in an absolutely unordered and inefficient fashion. Of the 9 plants produced by the Zingal Institute, each had only around 10% of their genome saved to the cloud, way too little to ever be reconstructed. ((Let's just ignore the many seeds still sittig in stores and silos around the world, waiting to be decoded again. That would just make the Sun Spirit's wrath unavoidable.)) Judging by the way the orc tribe smashes and sets fire to the greenhouses and by now also the main complex, Zingal Institute will soon be nothing but burnt-out ruins.
    Ensara gets hit by the first bullet in the shoulder, but the pain makes her dodge the next ones, her bullet speed saving her from dying. She runs forward and cleaves her axe right into the guards heart making them fall to the ground, panting from exerting such effort and bleeding out from her shoulder wound. She would have to hurry if she didn't want to die from this bullet wound. But she hit security woman in heart for a reason. It takes about a minute for them to die that way and she wanted to say something before she went.
    "I want to let you know, that I spared your comrades. They have escaped safe and sound. The posed no threat to me and therefore I didn't bother. You however were not given the same mercy, because you attacked me with the intent to kill, and in battle you respond to such things in kind.

I am not angry however. Nor should you think your endeavor pointless. You didn't know their fate, yet you tried to protect them anyways: A true warriors death! I hope what ever afterlife you go to recognizes your valor as well. You even shot me, a few inches higher and you would've won. I might still die from this if I bleed out, who knows?

Goodbye. May the gods recognize that your a true warrior."

She then runs out of the building, commanding all the remaining orcs to run with her, making it out before the fire destroys them as well, Ensara collapses when they were well away from the fires burning it down, as the healers and The Shaman gather around to heal her wound using their magic fretting over how the Chief of the tribe shouldn't risk her life so recklessly. she grumbles but lets them chide.

Now to wait until dawn....when the sun spirit can be contacted.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #379

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The figure raises an eyebrow at Fayyaad and chuckles.

"What am I going to do with it? Why, I'm going to devour it, and use the energy to fuel my body. It should make a rather nice meal." He licks his chops in anticipation, then smiles at Fayyaad once more. "What did you think I meant when I said I wanted to consume it?"

[Degenburg Castle]

Electra listens intently to Sszinyon's story and his answer to Dena's question, before interjecting with one of her own.

"So does your sister feel the same way as your mother did?"

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

[Degenburg Castle]

Reinholdt closed his eyes for a moment, with a mournful frown. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Taking a breath, he opens his eyes and continues. "I can't say I blame you for following Occam's Razor, though I also can't say I've ever known Raril to be willing to go very far at all to get in anyone's good graces. Then again, how long ago was this?" People can change quite a lot over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Felandria holds her hand up to her face as the bolts fly towards her.

She is about to chase the fleeing figures when the explosion happens, and even at her size the kaboom will startle her and make her ears ring.

She begins to reduce to her usual size as she turns and hurries towards the source of the boom.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orc Story][GMO factory]

The woman could barely hear Ensara over her excruciating pain and her brain slowly shutting down from lack of oxygen. She was a little surprised that she lived long enough to hear Ensara's words to the end. What good is a true warriors death if you don't want do die in the first place? If there is no special afterlife for warriors in your religion? If you leave behind seventeen children and a widower who barely makes enough money to sustain them all? Oh, the tragedy!

Soon, firefighters and police forces will arrive, alarmed by the two escaped employees. The firefighters will not be able to save anything of value from the flames, but the police will definitely find the smashed robots, broken greenhouses and orc corpses (if they weren't carried away during retreat). Recognizing the threat Ensara's tribe could pose, policemen and -women are immediately positioned around the outskirts of the town, overlooking the wide, open steppe surrounding it. No active search teams are dispatched.

Although Zingal Institute had saved a lot of money in their bank accounts, it will not be enough to ever rebuild the lost facility.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Barbarian in the Playground

Home Sweet Home

A strange warlock throws salt over his shoulder, shuffling through a forgotten cattle ranch. Anyone who looked at him, who looked at his ragged orange robes, his patchy skin and chrome prosthetics soaked in petrol, the swirling vortex of color in his right eye, or the furiously snapping claws of unidentifiable pale-green crustaceans poking out from his neck, would surely understand that this magus is mad. Completely, irreversibly, spectacularly insane.

"The gingerbread man lives in a gingerbread house," he whispers to the empty field, tossing his salt with every step, causing the weed-choked fields to wither and fall in his wake. A symbol begins to form in the fallen grass, a strange image that looks somewhat like a swollen, rheumy eye with a horizontal, rectangular goat's pupil.

"Is the house made of meat, or is he made of house?" Needs asks, as a structure begins to rise up from the goat eye icon. You could call it a wizard's tower, if you were feeling generous. I mean, it's vaguely tower-shaped, if a little crooked, and a wizard did build it, right? Most such buildings are made of brick or granite, however. Enchanted glass is also equally valid. Hell, I'd even take an ice fortress, or a tower of skeletons. Line after line of magically-charged children's teeth and gums is not how this sort of thing is supposed to be done. As bad as this particular architectural design might be, it's probably even worse on the inside, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

[Degenburg Castle]

"Danube was much more sympathetic, if not openly allowing it. She warned me to be more careful about such things." Sszinyon replies to Electra. "Until the welcoming ball not long ago, I thought this was all a thing of our past. Seems she likes to torture me as much as our mother did."

To Reinholdt he says. "This was over fifty years ago. Raril has changed, as have I. That does not forgive the past, however."
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2017-02-27 at 07:06 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

25. - Top - End - #385

[Temple Assault]

As Wenomir slowly gets up, his ears will likely still ring with the sound of the explosion. He can still see the illusion of the fiend he just attempt to kill though, its mouth is moving, but he can't hear what it is saying before it suddenly disappears.

However, now he can see two very real pit lords approaching him from the mist, one raising its hand to send a fireball, just like the one before, straight at him. Felandria will be able to see the two pit lords as well, and one of them even appear to spot her, letting out a low grunt.

Back at the temple, Steve and Luvon will find themselves running straight down into a lake which the armored spirits are simply floating above the surface of. They respond to the two's attack by sending a cascaded of ice bolts at them. Being hit will result in some severe frost burns and might leave then unable to move whatever bodypart that is hit. There is also something reacting to their presence below the surface...

[Degenburg Castle]

"It does not." And now came the choice of going about a drawn out investigation to possibly find the real culprit... or simply resolve the situation here and now. What further complicated the whole situation was that Raril had lost his memories and therefore they couldn't ask him about it. What a stupid mess. "So I think you need to talk to him as soon as possible, so you can hear his version. I just need to discuss it with the boss first, he'd probably be pretty paranoid letting you anywhere near your brother right now." That would give them some time to restore his memories, there was no way Sszinyon would believe that Raril conveniently had lost all his memories during the struggle with the assassin. Stuff like that only happened in fiction.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

As Wenomir slowly gets up, his ears will likely still ring with the sound of the explosion. He can still see the illusion of the fiend he just attempt to kill though, its mouth is moving, but he can't hear what it is saying before it suddenly disappears.

However, now he can see two very real pit lords approaching him from the mist, one raising its hand to send a fireball, just like the one before, straight at him. Felandria will be able to see the two pit lords as well, and one of them even appear to spot her, letting out a low grunt.

Back at the temple, Steve and Luvon will find themselves running straight down into a lake which the armored spirits are simply floating above the surface of. They respond to the two's attack by sending a cascaded of ice bolts at them. Being hit will result in some severe frost burns and might leave then unable to move whatever bodypart that is hit. There is also something reacting to their presence below the surface...
    While Steve is in some sort of rage or something similar, he is not completely insane. He sees that he's in the water and backs out. He is still yelling "Get over here!" and "Fight me now, demon spawn!" The bolts either hit the shield or is stopped by resist energy. When he sees Luvon, he yells to him "They're getting away, Morven! Shoot them!" Why would Steve call someone he knows is named Luvon Morven?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Temple Assault]

"Steve! Are you insane!? You-" He is then cut off as an ice bolt hits his leg sending him flinging on to the ground. He curses under his breath and then casts Water Walk on Steve and himself. He then pulls out his swords.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-02-27 at 10:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

NinjaGuy

[Degenburg Castle]

Electra frowns at Sszinyon's answer about how his mother and sister have treated him. She's still not sure what to think about what he's said about Raril, though the fact that this occurred fifty years ago means that it's a very old grudge. Perhaps their meeting is a good idea, but later, once Raril's memories have returned. For now, she remains quiet, glancing between Dena and Rein, and listening to what the others might suggest.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    A Morning Stroll

Lee's smile is beaming, but not so much as her eye, which glows with unrestrained eldritch energies finally allowed to do their work. The powers work in a blink, and if Sakura maintains eye contact with just the eye she was told to keep open, one moment the kami will be as she was, and the next she will likely be as she is now! But Lee isn't done, as her urge to correct an ailing relationship between Sakura and her Kami is too great to ignore once her powers have been released. Another surge of power pushes the kami out of the eye she was called to, following it deeper and deeper into the core of the dryad's being. There Lee's power surrounds them both in a warm, inviting cocoon that slowly pulls tighter and tighter around them. Smaller and smaller their essence is compressed, until barriers fade, lines blur, and there are not two beings sharing one body but one, existing as it always should. "And it's done. Focus now on what drives you, what you are at your core. Feel your passion for your husband, for your children growing strong and healthy. Growth, Nurturing, and Love are your being now, Sakura."
    [A Morning Stroll]

Sakura gasps as Lee does her work, and before long it's done. Suddenly the dissonance she was feeling just a moment before is totally gone. It's like the kami settled back into her place... but no. That's not right either. It's something more.

"What did you do?" Sakura gets to her feet and steps back uncertainly. She feels... strange.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

[Degenburg Castle]

Phew. A fifty year old cold case. Well if it wasn't convoluted, it would have been handled by now. "While they handle that, I would like to look at any family records you might have for the last hundred years. Provided, of course, that they aren't confidential." Maybe Rein will be able to shake out a list of suspects with motives. He'll probably have to research Drow customs and politics in more depth too to get a good understanding of what might have happened. This'll be a long one. Unless of course, Raril did it and he admits as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.