New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Degenburg Castle]

"Alright, sounds good. Then in case he turns on us, we'll try to use him as a hostage for safe passage out of the castle. Got some poison that will make him more agreeable if that happens." The poison she had intended for Adir. "But hopefully everything can stay civil, our primary goal is just talking after all. Yet before we go in there and introduce ourselves, do we claim that Raril died or not? I'd say we go with the truth and say that he's still alive, unless someone has another idea."

Just don't mention Raril's memory loss, Electra.

Then can probably be assumed to enter after this question has been answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Degenburg Castle]
    Electra shrugs, placing the diamonds back into the pouch, and the pouch back into its hiding place in her gauntlet.

"Alright, I'll just hang onto them, then."
    She looks to Dena and raises an eyebrow at the question. "You said you tracked the assassin here. It stands to reason that he's probably already met with Sszinyon, or whoever hired him. If that's the case, there's no reason to try and claim anything but the truth: that Raril survived the attempt, and we're here on his behalf to negotiate to keep him that way. I don't see a reason in this instance to try and claim anything else, unless you've got a better idea, Reinholdt." She looks to the treasure-hunter, tilting her head slightly in a curious manner.

"I didn't intend to mention that. I may not say much once we get in there; I think you and Reinholdt are going to be better negotiators in this instance than I am, and I'll be trying to watch your backs, anyways."
    [Degenburg Castle]

"Yeah, no point in claiming Raril is dead without proof," Reinholdt says after a moment to process what Dena just said about poison. Was that a snake thing or a Dena thing and which of those is scarier?

Shaking his head, he moves towards the door to head inside. "Let's go."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Wenomir sighs and raises his eyes to the sky.

"Here we go again... we're not here to hide, we're here to kill demons. So you won't stop us, but any information you can give us will be appreciated."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Degenburg Castle]

"Right." Electra moves to follow Dena and Reinholdt, glancing around, making note of guards, their positions and weapons, as they head inside, as much out of habit as out of caution.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

Hmm. Fayyaad isn't very confident in his ability to outmanoeuvre the robots, so he decides on a daring plan. When one of them comes up to the platform, he takes a running jump at its head. There, he clings to it and hopes it confuses the robots.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #95

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The bot alerts as soon as Fayyaad grabs onto it with that same ominous double-beep. It staggers with his weight and tries to reach back to scrape him off, but its arms can't quite reach him. It shakes its shoulders back and forth, and staggers around a bit more, as three more of the bots also alert and rapidly close in on their compromised comrade, running quickly towards the pair, their singular eyes glowing with murderous intent.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

Will the robots fire on their fellow guardian? Fayyaad would rather not take this chance. He tries to turn around on the robot's head, to shift his weight and give it a different target. The goal is to make it stagger in the direction of the door. Or possibly one of the other robots.

7. - Top - End - #97

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

Fayyaad manages to get the robot turned towards the door, and it staggers in that direction. However, that's where two of the alerted bots are coming from, and rapidly. When they get close, one will leap, raising its arm and swiping downwards, clubbing at its comrade and Fayyaad. The other will make a lunging motion, skidding on its feet with the points on its arm aimed straight at its comrade's body. Obviously, it intends to skewer both its comrade and Fayyaad on the points and rip them to pieces, as that part of the robot's arm spins quickly, lending it more penetrating power. The third alerted bot is closing in from the rear, but isn't as close as the two coming from the front, and Fayyaad will have several seconds after the first two attack before the third will be a threat.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Temple Assault]

Wenomir sighs and raises his eyes to the sky.

"Here we go again... we're not here to hide, we're here to kill demons. So you won't stop us, but any information you can give us will be appreciated."
    "Tell me which ones I need to skewer." Says Steve. "Also, remember, reinforcements from HALO are coming, so we'll get more help soon."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

9. - Top - End - #99

[Temple Assault]

As Wenomir might have expected, he can see a gnoll wearing a hat made out of twigs, sitting up in the branches holding a spear. "So are we, stupid pig-man." It replies with a snarl. "Why be here otherwise? But if you just walk up, you all die! You have to be smart, like us, and sneak." The gnoll peers at Felandria and Steve. "Why is he on horse? All horse is good for here is eating."

[Degenburg Castle]

So they enter!

[The Siege of VIGIL]

The demon smiles and then suddenly raises its arm while charging towards Thariza, attempting to slam its armored elbow right into her stomach, using its superior size to break through any guard she can put up.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

When the clubbing robot comes close, Fayyaad jumps off the one he'd been latching onto, towards the incoming machine. As he falls, he'll thrust his fingers forward, creating a short, intense beam of fire. He hopes to cut a gash in the robot and see how durable they are.

[The Siege of VIGIL]

Thariza takes the hit and her breath is knocked out of her. She drops to one knee briefly, before suddenly rising up and blindly swinging both her weapons downwards on the demon's shoulders.

11. - Top - End - #101

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The robot isn't dexterous enough to alter its course through the air as Fayyaad leaps off and creates the beam. The robot's armor is thick, yes, but not thick enough to prevent it from getting a new gash along the side of its body, and the impact is enough to alter its momentum that when it lands, instead of clubbing its comrade, it lands on top of it, knocking both robots over. The skewering robot slams into the heap, causing the one Fayyaad was clinging to to explode, an explosion which engulfs the other two before they can react, destroying all three, sending machine parts flying everywhere, along with small pieces of blue and purple crystals.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

That certainly worked better than the adventurer had expected. Amidst all the carnage and exploding robots, he makes a dash for the door.

13. - Top - End - #103

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The explosion briefly hides him from the one approaching from the rear, and it pauses, giving him enough time to sprint to the door and get through it. He finds himself in another long hall, but this one is thankfully devoid of robots, instead containing five doors: two in the left wall, two in the right, and one at the end. Another chest sits in the center of the hall, looking as though it hasn't been touched in centuries.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

This place is certainly sprawling. Fayyaad hopes he won't have to wander these halls for hours before finding this crystal that their employer wants. Or get lost. He starts by opening the chest, as usual.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-01-16 at 07:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The chest contains a rather strange-looking key. It's small, colored blue, and has almost no shaft, instead just a large cylinder that tapers down to a smaller one with a single piece of metal jutting off of it. The top of the cylinder contains a red, spherical gem, while around the side are strange runes similar to the writing in the book he found earlier. He hasn't seen any doors that require a key yet, so it's a good bet it's meant for something deeper in, though what remains a mystery.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

[The Siege Of VIGIL]

Fel laughs.

Hiding and sneaking, that's funny.

Nah, I'm here to smash and slice and generally tear through the enemy like tissue paper.

If we hide and sneak, it would delay my fun.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

As Wenomir might have expected, he can see a gnoll wearing a hat made out of twigs, sitting up in the branches holding a spear. "So are we, stupid pig-man." It replies with a snarl. "Why be here otherwise? But if you just walk up, you all die! You have to be smart, like us, and sneak." The gnoll peers at Felandria and Steve. "Why is he on horse? All horse is good for here is eating."
    "First of all, I don't sneak. Plate armor is too clunky to sneak in, but it can take a lot of hits. Also, "horse" is my friend, and you can't eat him either, not even if I let you. He's a celestial warhorse, and he can't die. If you hurt him, he'll just go to the upper planes for a little bit and heal. Besides, he makes my lance actually useful." says Steve.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

"So what is your plan, then?" Wenomir asks, patiently enough. Neither of his people is a sneaky type, but it still might be useful information.

19. - Top - End - #109

[Temple Assault]

The gnoll growls at Felandria and Steve, before looking at Wenomir. "Perhaps you more clever than other pig-skins. VIGIL-leader, right? Me and pack has been trying to get inside for weeks. But the problem is lake, soon as you try to swim out, you get eaten!" The gnoll lets out a whine. "What we need is bait, distraction. Something they can eat while we get across the lake." He glances at Steve. "Dark ones hate divine things, right? it is not like horse is much use in swamp anyway."

[The Siege of VIGIL]

The demon growls as Thariza starts hacking at its shoulders. It attempts to grab one of Thariza's arms and use the spell from before, attempting to paralyze it.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

[Ruins]

Fayyaad pockets the key. This place is extensive. It must have taken a lot of effort, time and resources to build. Why is it abandoned now? He's seen no traces of people, just the machines and the cracks in the walls. He supposes it's not his job to find out. He approaches the first door on the left and tries to open it.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

The gnoll growls at Felandria and Steve, before looking at Wenomir. "Perhaps you more clever than other pig-skins. VIGIL-leader, right? Me and pack has been trying to get inside for weeks. But the problem is lake, soon as you try to swim out, you get eaten!" The gnoll lets out a whine. "What we need is bait, distraction. Something they can eat while we get across the lake." He glances at Steve. "Dark ones hate divine things, right? it is not like horse is much use in swamp anyway."
    "If I might interject, I think I have something that can help" says Steve. "Hates divine things you say? I might be able to see them then. I'm not saying your plan is bad, but I might help in helping you kill whatever is in there." Steve closes his eyes and prays "Champion of Righteousness, please lend to your servant your divine sight to root out wickedness" (Detect Evil) and then opens his eyes. If the creature is evil, Steve will be able to see it clearly, no matter what camouflage it may have.

22. - Top - End - #112

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The door opens easily, in the same manner as all of the others up to this point. This room is rectangular, and the walls have been damaged. Several places hold spider-cracked impacts roughly the size of a human fist, or a human skull. The damage doesn't appear to have been recent, but there was obviously a battle of some sort here at one point. In the far left corner sits a computer terminal, still active after however many years ago this place was abandoned. In the opposite corner sit two more chests. The glow from the terminal's display casts the room in an eerie light, but perhaps it holds some answers about this place.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

((Sorry to jump in the scene without notice. No one replied to my OOC post and I'm supposed to be here anyway, so I thin in okay on this one.))
    [Temple Assault]

An elven ranger (Luvon) with some of technology including weird blue discs, magic, and nonmagical arrows walks in behind the rest of the group, swords drawn. He has leather armor with chain underneath with two steel swords, two steel daggers, and an elvish bow.
    "So, can anyone catch me up on what's going on here?" He asks.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Pardon me for asking a possibly dumb question, but, why swim when we could fly or take a boat?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Wenomir shakes his head. It's been a while since someone called him smart.

"I assume the temple is underwater. Which presents a whole new set of problems. What exactly lurks down there?"

[Ruins]

Fayyaad heads straight for the terminal. It looks like it could finally contain some information. That said, this room is more demolished than the previous ones, which bodes poorly.

[The Siege of VIGIL]

Thariza's left arm is paralysed, but the right one continues to bludgeon the demon. The Charr is determined to go down fighting, since no other option presents itself.

26. - Top - End - #116

[Temple Assault]

The gnoll glares at the newcomer, even more pigskins? Well, three was a bit few, but these people were crazy in more than one way.
    Steve will see that there isn't anything evil lurking in the trees. They can't see the temple yet though, there are trees and vegetation in the way, not to mention a lot of water.
    "Not underwater, but entrance is." The gnoll gestures towards the sky. "Big temple appeared here months ago, then it start to sink into swamp, so the dark ones attempt to clear it, but it just turn into lake." He explains. "So now they use it, putting nasty creatures of mist down there to protect it. We do not what they look like, they hide in the mist."

[The Siege of VIGIL]

The demon raises its hand while uttering another spell when a cold metallic voice calls out. "That's enough Sargon. This battle is now over. You have done good."

The fiend lets out a loud growl attempts to slam Thariza in the stomach and then disengage as a metallic creature that could be best described as a mix between a hyena and a spider approaches the demon from behind. Thariza might notice that VIGIL is now gone and they're now in a black room with these blue crystals socketed into the walls.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    ((Sorry to jump in the scene without notice. No one replied to my OOC post and I'm supposed to be here anyway, so I thin in okay on this one.))
    [Temple Assault]

An elven ranger (Luvon) with some of technology including weird blue discs, magic, and nonmagical arrows walks in behind the rest of the group, swords drawn. He has leather armor with chain underneath with two steel swords, two steel daggers, and an elvish bow.
    "So, can anyone catch me up on what's going on here?" He asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Temple Assault]

Wenomir shakes his head. It's been a while since someone called him smart.

"I assume the temple is underwater. Which presents a whole new set of problems. What exactly lurks down there?"
    Steve looks at the ranger and says "Luvon, it's about time you arrived. You got our reinforcements? By the way, these are yours." he says as he looses a large saddlebag which hits the ground. "They're silver weapons, you're going to need them." Inside the bag are two silver swords and three quivers full of silver arrows. Steve then says "I have an idea in how you can help. Can't you hide from animals? Maybe if they're animals, you can swim down underwater and stab these monsters while you are at no danger from them. Unless you have a better idea." He then addresses everyone and says "I can't see anything, there's probably too much non evil vegetation screwing up my search. Either that, or it just might be giant fish. And before you ask, I am not being redundant or obvious when stating non evil plants. I've seen them before, and it would be easy for them to hide here too."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

[The Siege of VIGIL]

Thariza backs away, bent over from the blow. She looks around frantically.

"Where in the Mists am I?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Luvon drops his swords and picks up the silver ones. He also takes the arrows. "So, your dealing with some non-evil creature in the water. Can you detect chaos? I could see if it was a monster it an animal. And also, do we need to go in the water, or just get across?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #120

NinjaGuy

[Ruins]

The terminal displays what seems to be a text-based menu in a language Fayyaad can actually read. The options are simple and as follows:

1. Logs
    2. Power System Status
    3. Dimensional Lock Status

Across the bottom, there's a system version, along with a date field that displays odd characters instead of an actual numerical date.