New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well the Shihoin are supposed to be the head of the Omnitsukido- the special forces of Soul Society as well as protectors of certain artifacts. so.....maybe something to do with that? as well as/or something involving Hakuda.....
    Supposed? That's what they are in canon. There's no supposed here. There isn't a Soul Society. There isn't an Onmitsukido. Those are far into the future. Who knows who we gain as far as players and what they want to do. The further we move from canon, the better in my mind. Bleach Canon is utter garbage.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Well the Shihoin are supposed to be the head of the Omnitsukido- the special forces of Soul Society as well as protectors of certain artifacts. so.....maybe something to do with that? as well as/or something involving Hakuda.....
    its great tp have a direction but don't feel shoehorned in by what happened in the series - one of the cool things is you can take it in a completely different direction if you want.

If thats what you want, start working that way on your own - think about ways to create/find Hakuda and go for it.

EDIT: Razade beat me to it haha
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-04-24 at 02:02 AM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    EDIT: Razade beat me to it haha
    I believe we call that Shunpo'd.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone wants Shiba to ally with them to take care of someone else.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Get in on the ground floor for Yan Wao Shen's plan. You'll have the kido and the zanpakuto. How could you lose?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Supposed? That's what they are in canon. There's no supposed here. There isn't a Soul Society. There isn't an Onmitsukido. Those are far into the future. Who knows who we gain as far as players and what they want to do. The further we move from canon, the better in my mind. Bleach Canon is utter garbage.
    Hm, really? Whats the limit? Whats reasonable?

I'll throw an idea at you: Visored Special Forces. Shinigami Ninja that utilize Visored power to empower themselves as opposed to the usual Shinigami, as way of black ops, that sound like a good idea?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, really? Whats the limit? Whats reasonable?
    I suppose it would have to be taken on a case by case basis with the merits weighed against possible abuse and inconsistencies/incongruities with the story.

I'll throw an idea at you: Visored Special Forces. Shinigami Ninja that utilize Visored power to empower themselves as opposed to the usual Shinigami, as way of black ops, that sound like a good idea?
    Sure, sounds good to me.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

No real harm is done if you want to keep Shihoin close to canon and found the Onmitsukido. Visored Ninja Corps sounds like a really far off thing for this game, as neither Shinigami powers nor means to create Visored exist yet.

Also, keep in mind that at this point, the game's about building a status quo that is familiar compared to the start of canon Bleach. To answer the question "how we got there?" If you go breaking that status quo before it even exist, it spoils the whole idea.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

.......hm, sounds like two completely different ideas about this then. I can't be sure what to do unless you two agree.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm really just restating what I've written in the first post.

The point of the game, for now, is to answer specific questions about prehistory of Bleach, on which Bleach canon is silent, and to imagine what could've created a status quo similar to how Bleach series is at the start.

After that, all bets are off. The point is to build a setting where there is a Soul King, and a Royal Guard, and a Shinigami Academy, and Hollows, and Quincies, etc. - the familiar setting elements of Bleach.

That's the relevant canon. I couldn't care less about most of the canon characters or what dramatic arcs they underwent, and recreating those is not the idea.

And that's why there's no harm in building Onmitsukido. Ninja corps is a neat setting idea, it a familiar part of Bleach, and allows people to use some character tropes they've grown accustomed to seeing in Bleach. But the point is not, and should not, be to have Onmitsukido just so we can Urahara or Yoruichi.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Are Grande hollows out of the question in this time period?

Actuallly, a War of Kido Vs Zankaputos sound exciting.

Oh. And in case, there would be female charaters willing to forge Zankaputos, unless Kuchiki command it, or any other force, somehow forcing him to- he will rudely refuse. He has very strict point of view of what the role of everyone.

I want to add- that since we are roleplaying 2100 years ago, his point of view should be considered as main stream... I think.

Warrior women,at least in China... well, it's a legend worth making a great disney movie about.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Menos Grande Hollows might or might not exist. They don't exist in such large numbers, and aren't very well known because there's next to no traffic between Hueco Mundo and other worlds at the moment.

Since there appears to be a large crowd of Hollows following Tsuniy Tao, you could describe them fusing into one.

And it will certainly be an interesting discussion once it's time for the first female Shinigami to get their sword.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Well, here my thoughts until we move on... (who are we waiting for, by the way?)
    Sunyi and her army of hollows attracted to Qiu's presence- rather than hounting a specific place, they haunting a specific person. When Qiu gone, they have haunted Qiu's kingdom.

Now they are after Qiu. It supposed to be quite dramatic battle, Qiu will try both not to die, and not to kill...
    but when he will (with Kuchiki's aid?) finally accept himself as a warrior again, his sword will reveal it's name.
    Or maybe, Qiu will be weak and helpless, and Kuchiki's sword will be the one to reveal it's name to it's owner.
    To counter either of those scenarios, Sunyi will swallow the remainings of her army and turn into the first(?) grande.

I thought it would be fitting for both Qiu and his eternal lover to make historic breaks.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like a plan.

It will be interesting to see how Kuang will factor into it all. Still waiting for King.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sorry for not posting over the weekend. I was sick. Reply should be up soon.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Are Grande hollows out of the question in this time period?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Menos Grande Hollows might or might not exist. They don't exist in such large numbers, and aren't very well known because there's next to no traffic between Hueco Mundo and other worlds at the moment.
    I covered the Menos Grande in the Las Noches post. They don't exist yet, they have a proto-form called the El Paria but only the Carrion King has them. They guard the well within Las Noches.

Spoiler: El Paria
    Show
    So going off a throw off line that "The Royal Guard deal with the Menos Grande" I thought perhaps...they weren't something that existed originally and instead were created by Yan Wao Shen as a method to guard Las Noches. Once the Royal Guard are formed, I thought perhaps they would be a way to send souls to The Royal Realm and directly to The Soul King. So the reason the Royal Guard "deal with the Menos Grande" is because it was engineered to help keep the Seal going. The El Paria are the proto-form of these, essentially setting the stage for Hollow Evolution as we know it from canon.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-24 at 03:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

I'm really just restating what I've written in the first post.

The point of the game, for now, is to answer specific questions about prehistory of Bleach, on which Bleach canon is silent, and to imagine what could've created a status quo similar to how Bleach series is at the start.

After that, all bets are off. The point is to build a setting where there is a Soul King, and a Royal Guard, and a Shinigami Academy, and Hollows, and Quincies, etc. - the familiar setting elements of Bleach.

That's the relevant canon. I couldn't care less about most of the canon characters or what dramatic arcs they underwent, and recreating those is not the idea.

And that's why there's no harm in building Onmitsukido. Ninja corps is a neat setting idea, it a familiar part of Bleach, and allows people to use some character tropes they've grown accustomed to seeing in Bleach. But the point is not, and should not, be to have Onmitsukido just so we can Urahara or Yoruichi.
    I see.

So its broad strokes canon. As long the little details and individual character plans don't conflict with the big picture, it'll all work, with no canon characters.

Meaning I can make preparations for things to happen when 2100 years pass as long as they are secret and small enough for it to not impact the setting on a wide scale. Which given that the Onmitsukido are safe keepers of Soul Societies artifacts to the point of being a entire different branch of the military and those aren't detailed at all in canon.....can be a lot. Who knows what treasure trove of forbidden freaky artifacts Saki is going to find, store away and have some foolish descendant of hers someday tamper with out of curiosity?

also, I have an idea for Saki's Zanpakutou: Portal Gun, but through swording. don't worry, I have various limitations and ways to exploit the portals to my advantage within these limitations already all thought up of. I wanted to come up with a Zanpakutou that I could be creative with, but not be over-powered.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm pretty lenient when it comes to character powers. I'm deliberately sticking to rather basic powerset because this game's sort of "back to basics" for me.

This said, I can talk about characters in earlier games who had similar portal-powers and what pitfalls they had, if you're just interested.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

About Menos Grande-
    Well, it's still could fit Sunyi turning into the first "wild" Menos Grande. Maybe she could inspire further studies in this area?

About Qiu's sword abilities I am still not sure... he is more straightward kind of warrior

Maybe something with lightnings..

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

The point was, there were no wild Menos Grande at this point in history. They're a creation of the Carrion King.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

The point was, there were no wild Menos Grande at this point in history. They're a creation of the Carrion King.
    I understand that. That why I have offered Sunyi to be the first- same way Qiu is the first Zankupto wielder.

More than anything I want a way for Sunyi to "digivolve", without going too crazy.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

This said, I can talk about characters in earlier games who had similar portal-powers and what pitfalls they had, if you're just interested.
    Well for Shikai my plan for their properties was:
    -only two portals maximum
    -portals are completely two dimensional, can stop in space and razor sharp if you run into them from the side.
    -have a range of sight, no opening portals to anywhere distant
    -conserves momentum- speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out
    -just large enough to fit a human through, no bigger but anyone within that size can go through.
    -portals can't move, you have to open new ones for different positions, but you can put a portal on a portable surface as long as its big enough.
    -can close a portal when someone is half way through to cut off the parts going through, but obviously this requires set up to trick them into it. Of course, strong enough spiritual pressure can defend one from getting cut by the portals inward edges, allowing them to squeeze through.

basically to make it exploitable and useful but not overpowered, so that I have to be clever when using it. I have no idea about how to do the Bankai if her Zanpakutou ever gets to it though. Its a Zanpakutou meant to support the Hakuda and destruction spells of Kido by giving one creative ways to attack using them.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I understand that. That why I have offered Sunyi to be the first- same way Qiu is the first Zankupto wielder.

More than anything I want a way for Sunyi to "digivolve", without going too crazy.
    You want the Carrion King to experiment on her?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

could work I guess. Originally I have imagined more.. spontanouse transformation, sourced from personal dark emotions of seven life times of love and hatred......
    but ok.
    So... two ideas-
    Carrion King find her now, and offer her power to destroy Qiu...(he was able to fend off against all of them for monthes...)
    Or.. she get defeated, barely surviving, and then the Carrion King find her?

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Las Noches is open to everyone.

My question is...why would you want her to become a Menos Grande in the first place? The Menos Grande are an amalgam of Hollows, they're stupid and slow. In our setting Gillian are distinct from the Menos Grande. Gillian are just Human Hollows that have fallen into despair and consumed by their hole. Adjuchas take in the souls of others and gain more power through it and...there currently are no Vasto Lorde but there will be.

Spoiler: Handy Dandy Hollow Evolution Chart
    Show

Lesser Hollows
    Human Hollow: Humans who have died violently or with great regrets.
    Animal Hollow: The dead of an animal and the native inhabitants of Hueco Mundo. Typically weak enough that they can survive on the ambiet reishi within Hueco Mundo.

The Menos
    Las Masas: Incredibly weak and animalistic Gillian but the most numerous of the Gillian forms. Most appear as skeletal wolves
    Menos Grande: Vast amalgamations of Hollows that congregate rather than live as simple Las Masas. Engineered by The Carrion King long in the past. Less intellegent than Las Masas.
    Gillian: The typical Menos, less numerous than Las Masas but possessing almost human level intellegence. Particularly smart Menos are known to exist though these typically evolve into Adjuchas through various methods. Gillian evolve from regular Hollows when their dark thoughts consume them.
    Adjuchas: Adjuchas are rarer still than the typical Gillian but are far more powerful. At this stage the hunger of the Hollow becomes a constant fixture of their life and they must constantly feed. Those who fail become known as El Caido, The Fallen, and while the hunger abates they can never grow into a Vasto Lorde.
    Vasto Lorde: The ultimate form of Menos. Stronger than Shinigami Captains, the Vasto Lorde are so rare many claim they can be counted on one's hands. Most are insanely old.

Proto-Forms
    El Paria: Proto-Menos Grande. These were the guardians of the well within Las Noches until they were phased out by the Carrion King.
    La Bestia: The proto-form of the Vasto Lorde, these were hand picked Adjuchas that were granted a drink from the well within Las Noches and had their hungers stalled yet somehow retained their ability to evolve into the Vasto Lorde form. Those who did not become Vasto Lorde were slain.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-26 at 01:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. My Bleach lore may lack some important aspects, because I'v stopped reading the manga somewhere around the Nazi-Quincy saga.
    Hmm.. I was under the assumptionthat Menos Grande are hollows who eaten other hollows and grew enourmose- and those Ichigo and archer-glasses guy face are just "normal" menos Grandes, but there could be unique Grandes.

Simply- I want Sunyi eating her army and growing even more monstrouse. something like that. I guess Adjuchas would fit best?

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. My Bleach lore may lack some important aspects, because I'v stopped reading the manga somewhere around the Nazi-Quincy saga.
    Hmm.. I was under the assumptionthat Menos Grande are hollows who eaten other hollows and grew enourmose- and those Ichigo and archer-glasses guy face are just "normal" menos Grandes, but there could be unique Grandes.
    This is one of those deviations from canon because...I want to evolve Las Noches from what it was in canon. The Nazi-Quincy saga was also the end of the series by the way.

Simply- I want Sunyi eating her army and growing even more monstrouse. something like that. I guess Adjuchas would fit best?
    Gillian, then Adjuchas then what ever else yep.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-25 at 05:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Really? So I have almost finished the series and broken down right before the end?
    How.. typical. Face palm*

Alright Then Gillian it is. I should wiki a bit, I guess.

So, as... the one in charge of the hollow side this game- is Sunyi intrest you, or would you preffer her to die soon enough? Either way is fine by me, I just want to know, if there a point to think of devolping her after the battle. (At... Pompei?)

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

The difference between canon Gillians and Menos Grande really is just that the former retain (some semblance of) sentience while the latter does not. They form the same way, which is by a mass of Hollows consuming each other in a cannibal frenzy. So, if becoming a Gillian (in contrast to El Paria/Menos Grande) is possible on her own, the only condition Tsuniy needs to meet is devouring her followers.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Well no, a Gillian is just a Human Hollow (or Animal Hollow that's smart enough) that falls into despair. Then the hunger starts and they can work to Adjuchas. Menos Grande are a forced fusion of Gillian level Hollow. Gillians are the same power level as canon, Menos Grande are the threat they were supposed to be. A Captain level threat.