Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [OOC]

My head hurts.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

It's really not that confusing I even made a flowchart. Everyone loves flowcharts. Synergy and paradigms and all that.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I mean, yeah. The confusing part isn't that X becomes Y, but how X becomes Y. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you, Razade-san, it's actually helpful.

Hmm.. I am rethininking about Qiu's Zankupto-
    The blade can shift size- but it's not strechable as Gin's sword. Simple raw power.
    -It can produce sonic attacks at form of thunders.
    General concept- big, loud and destructive.

Bankai- "Thunder Blade"- now the blade is made fron sonic vibration, and also can "shoot" sonic attacks.

Does it sound ok?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Thank you, Razade-san, it's actually helpful.
    I updated it and added it to The Carrion King's page. Frozen, feel free (if you want) to add the diagram to the first post? And you're welcome Igor.

I've yet to get into the Zanpakuto talk because...I don't think Yan Wao Shen is going to have one until/if we reach after the Quincy War. I do have plans to start the lore behind the Arrancar and some posts with the Carrion King in regards to that for foreshadowing/world building once Yan Wao Shen learns how to do it but until then...yeah.

If what ever Yan Wao Shen is does eventually get a Zanpakuto it'll probably involve the figures from the Roots of the World in some manner.

Depending on what Ana does, there might be some exposition what The Roots of The World and what exactly Yan Wao Shen may be maybe coming soon.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-26 at 02:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Well no, a Gillian is just a Human Hollow (or Animal Hollow that's smart enough) that falls into despair. Then the hunger starts...
    Yeah, and what's the primary distinquishing trait of Hollows like that? It's that they eat other Hollows in contrast to humans. That's the very source of the hunger you mention.

As such, nixing the requirement of eating other Hollows to become a Gillian makes no sense. Especially since it doesn't interfere with your graph nor with your plan to make Menos Grande distinct from Gillians.

I maintain that the most logical way for Tsuniy to become Gillian is to eat her followers.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Yeah, and what's the primary distinquishing trait of Hollows like that? It's that they eat other Hollows in contrast to humans. That's the very source of the hunger you mention.

As such, nixing the requirement of eating other Hollows to become a Gillian makes no sense. Especially since it doesn't interfere with your graph nor with your plan to make Menos Grande distinct from Gillians.

I maintain that the most logical way for Tsuniy to become Gillian is to eat her followers.
    But the transformation from Hollow to Gillian here is the same way it is in canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleach Wiki
    Menos are created when the void within an ordinary Hollow's heart becomes so substantial Human souls are incapable of sustaining it, at which point it begins devouring fellow Hollows. These cannibal Hollows are attracted to one another, and a mass inter-devouring follows, resulting in a Gillian
    The only difference is the bolded. Gillian still have to eat other Gillian. They're just individuals. If anything, it allows Tsuniy (and other Hollow characters coming in) to not have to stop playing a distinct personality for a phase or...just skip over that phase. Which was the intention from the get go.

Gillian: The typical Menos, less numerous than Las Masas but possessing almost human level intellegence. Particularly smart Menos are known to exist though these typically evolve into Adjuchas through various methods. Gillian evolve from regular Hollows when their dark thoughts consume them.
    I even note that the ones with human intelligence are clever enough to start the transformation. The ones that aren't stay Gillian.

We are arguing over something we all already agree on.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-26 at 02:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

The source of the apparent disagreement is in your post, bolded and underlined relevant parts for emphasis.

The difference between canon Gillians and Menos Grande really is just that the former retain (some semblance of) sentience while the latter does not. They form the same way, which is by a mass of Hollows consuming each other in a cannibal frenzy. So, if becoming a Gillian (in contrast to El Paria/Menos Grande) is possible on her own, the only condition Tsuniy needs to meet is devouring her followers.
    Well no, a Gillian is just a Human Hollow (or Animal Hollow that's smart enough) that falls into despair. Then the hunger starts and they can work to Adjuchas. Menos Grande are a forced fusion of Gillian level Hollow. Gillians are the same power level as canon, Menos Grande are the threat they were supposed to be. A Captain level threat.
    I noted that if it's possible to become.a Gillian on one's own, all Tsuniy needs to do is to eat her followers. Your post immediately after opens with you disagreeing. But now you claim you were agreeing with me from the start. So what's that "Well no..." supposed to be for, then?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

The "only condition" bit? Simply starting the all you can eat hungry ghost buffet isn't enough, they need to succumb to whatever dark impulses caused their hole to form in the first place. To psychologically and metaphysically allow the Hollow Hole to consume what ever is left of their human spirit. Then eat a bunch of Hollows. That's...nothing different from canon either. And I did agree from you from the start. Read the next sentence. Once they succumb, THEN the hunger starts and they start their path to high evolution.

An example.

Grand Fisher could never become a Gillian simply by eating other Hollows. He didn't care at all about what ever turned him into a Hollow in the first place. He didn't care enough to succumb to those impulses.

As opposed to, in our game, Tsunyi who I presume would succumb to the loss of her husband/whatever other hang ups the chick has. Spurred on by that, she gets the munchies and...it all follows from there.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-26 at 03:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Tsuniy already is pretty well succumbed to her dark side, that's why I didn't feel any need to dwell on that part. She, specifically, only needs to start eating her followers. But yeah, there's no real disagreement between us.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Hey uhh...Raziere?

Yan Wao Shen just literally teleported to another plane of existence. Care to explain how he was just...followed?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Hey uhh...Raziere?

Yan Wao Shen just literally teleported to another plane of existence. Care to explain how he was just...followed?
    You said "balancer noble and her companion"

I was assuming that Saki was the noble and Nanami her companion. and that you were telling Ana to tell Shiba that she was getting taken away. You did not specify which balancer noble you were talking about.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

I see where the confusion came from. Ana was the Balancer in question. Hence noble, not Lord. Made it very clear who the target was and who got teleported away. Sorry for the confusion.

You'll get your turn, patience speedy pants.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-28 at 12:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, next time use your names, slow poke. They are there for a reason.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

*peeks in*

...Hello..so I saw a link here and a game run by an old friend of mine and thought I'd take a look.

What's going on folks?

How goes the Bleach stuff?

What would a newcomer need to know?

What roles need to be filled?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

More Hollows for the Court of the Carrion King. More Nobles/Proto-Shinigami.

As for what you need to know...the game takes place 2,000 years ago. We're trying to move through the early stages and creation of Soul Society, the Quincy War then Modern Day. Soul Society is a bunch of feudal lords. The Soul King isn't sealed. No Division 0 (one of the things we're planning to make in this game I suspect), no Arrancar yet, all that stuff.

Current story is the Noble Houses are starting to move, some under the idea of sealing the Soul King. But they're not all on the same page and conflict is brewing.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-29 at 02:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    *peeks in*

...Hello..so I saw a link here and a game run by an old friend of mine and thought I'd take a look.

What's going on folks?

How goes the Bleach stuff?

What would a newcomer need to know?

What roles need to be filled?
    You know you could just look at the OP....but ok.

currently we're 2100 years in the past, Shinigamis, Quincies and all the related hybrids don't exist, and we're all basically playing out our version of the backstory of the setting of Bleach as the five noble lords founding stuff and inventing things so that things end up as they do in the default starting setting of Bleach. a "how we got here" kind of thing. and couple of other people inventing other things such as Quincies and doing Hollow stuff. and basically once we get to that default setting in a broad strokes sense- no individual characters of canon, only the broad strokes of the structure-we can then do whatever we want.

we have only two great clan heir spots left: Miura and Chosokabe if my memory is correct, the other three Great House Heir spots are taken.

and that is basically it.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    You know you could just look at the OP....but ok.
    There's no need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    we have only two great clan heir spots left: Miura and Chosokabe if my memory is correct, the other three Great House Heir spots are taken.
    Well. I named those two as Noble Houses. They don't have to be the last two Great Noble Houses if a player wants to use another Clan name. They're just strong enough to both be independent and that them joining a Great House (if they're not a Great House themselves) would be enough to tip the scales if all the Clans rose to war.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-29 at 02:30 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

There's no need for that.
    Well sorry if came across as mean.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

I've read the OP, I'm actually asking about the events in the game itself and what plots they've set up a newcomer would need to be aware of.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

I've read the OP, I'm actually asking about the events in the game itself and what plots they've set up a newcomer would need to be aware of.
    Current story is the Noble Houses are starting to move, some under the idea of sealing the Soul King. But they're not all on the same page and conflict is brewing.
    This is pretty much the bulk of it. A more detailed bullet point run down however?

The Great Noble House of Shiba met with Yan Wao Shen, an unaligned sorcerous Necromancer, to discuss a prophecy in the midst of rising conflict between the Shiba and Kuichiki Clans. Yan Wao Shen said that if the Soul King wasn't sealed away it would destroy the world. Yan Wao Shen then attempted to persuade the head of the Kuichiki however was turned away.

The Shiba, with the help of the Necromancer, raised a massive fort on the boarder between Kuichiki land and Shiba land. The two nobles met, had themselves a fight where it was revealed that the Kuichiki had enlisted a weaponsmith from the mortal realm to craft what will be the first Zanpakuto. The head of the Shionin Clan then arrived at the fort to propose an alliance with the Shiba to bring the Kuichiki down.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Shunpo'd......oh well.....um...

basically my character is going to found Onmitsukido and invent Hakuda. I also want to learn Kido, but don't care how.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-04-29 at 02:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

To get off the ground, I'm looking for players to play the following sorts of characters:

Someone to found the Shinoreijutsuin (AKA Spiritual Arts Academy AKA Shinigami Academy).
    Someone to found the Royal Guard. (Wao Shen, played by Razade)
    Someone to make the first Zanpakutos. (Qiu Tao, played by igordragonian)
    Someone to play a head or heir to a Great Noble Family.
    (Kuchiki Ichiro Takehiko played by Frozen_Feet, Kane Shiba played by Toxic_Mind, and Shihoin Yuuka Saki played by Lord Raziere. Two more spots to go.)
    Someone to play the Soul King.
    Are both of these roles still open? Cause I'm very interested in both of them, even if the second one might be relatively (in game terms anyway) short-lived.

@Raizere: I wouldn't worry too much about having Kido, you don't need to develop it to be able to use it later once it is made. Especially since the Kido Corp will, eventually, be a thing.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Are both of these roles still open? Cause I'm very interested in both of them, even if the second one might be relatively (in game terms anyway) short-lived.

@Raizere: I wouldn't worry too much about having Kido, you don't need to develop it to be able to use it later once it is made. Especially since the Kido Corp will, eventually, be a thing.
    Well I threw out the idea of me playing the Soul King but some people didn't like it and didn't like my idea for it, so.....I decided not to, I' advise against it so as to not cause a ruckus. I'd try for the academy or the nobles?

and yes I know, thats why I don't care for how I get it.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Think we're all on the same page of leaving the Soul King to be a community run thing. The first one on the list is still open and we always need more nobles.

Also representing Team Evil Eventually...could use more people on that side of the fence too. Just...saying.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-29 at 02:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello, Callos.

As far as current events go, Lord Kuchiki and Qiu Tao are on a secret mission on Earth, facing Kuang on their way to Rome where Ezekiel lives. Theu will likely face Tsuniy Tao on the way back. Lord Kuchiki has plans to seek counsel with the Soul King.

Lady Shihouin and her attendant Fong are discussing with Kane Shiba about what to do with Kuchiki and Yan Wao Sheng. Yan Wao Sheng is talking to Ana Shiba to get her to its side. Both Shibas and the necromancer are working towards unification of the clans due to their prophetic visions regarding the Soul King.

A potential founder for the Shinoreijutsuin would be a great addition and might serve as out-of-the-left-field player to shake the nobles off their rivalries. A fourth noble heir would round out the cast nicely too.

The current noble families seem to fall in the current camps: Kuchiki are royalists ("for the king"), Shiba are republicans ("for the people") and Shihouin are Anti-Kuchiki (with Kuchiki being very militaristic and collectivist with Shihouin being bandit individualists. Or samurai versus ninjas, if you prefer).

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm...alright, I think I have a solid idea as to what I want to do then and potential founder of the Shinoreijutsuin works just fine for me!

Tasnim Abdulrashid, the 'Demon'
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'5"
    Weight: One hundred and thirty four.
    Species: Plus.
    Station: Wandering exorcist.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For those who have heard stories of the 'Demon', there is no mistaking the sight of Tasnim considering she sticks out like a sore thumb in most environments. A comely, dusky skinned woman, Tasnim wears a blue cloth and veil that covers her head and face aside from startling, kohl-rimmed eyes. A wide cloak that covers her front and back has been worn thin in some places to expose brown thread beneath the dye while the rest exposes complex astrological diagrams that seem to change from time to time. Beneath Tasnim is dressed for her personal comfort in a baggy pair of pantaloons and chest wrappings, more bandages wrapped around her forearms from which dangle numerous iron keys of simple design.

Aside from her unusual garb the most notable thing that Tasnim bears is a staff of curved wood with several keys dangling from the headpiece by short strips of cloth as well. There's enough of them that most people hear Tasnim before they see her.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inquisitive. Wise. Calm. These are the defining virtues that Tasnim abides by. Despite the numerous fell stories that are associated with this strange outsider, the woman herself is a warm soul that enjoy getting to know the souls around her as well as easing their problems. Never staying for too long in a single place, she has likely traveled more of the spirit world than most other pluses considering her apparent freedom from responsibilities that allow her this liberty and once she exercises often. Always on the search for something new, the witch woman has had the 'pleasure' of seeing the darker side of the Spirit King's rule and the problems that beset the common folk under the noble houses. As such she harbors negative feelings on the noble houses, Great or not, that doesn't extend to the individual members just yet. Despite this soured view on the current ruling class, Tasnim does her best to stay out of their way when possible but such a stance cannot last forever.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite a bit. Tasnim can and has spun many stories about her travels through the spirit world, and beyond if she is to be believed, but the all lack the same thing..the woman is infuriatingly close-lipped on where she came from or how she acquired the startling control of sorcery that she has. It is this same mastery of sorcery that has lead to people calling her the 'Demon' since her unnatural command of the world surrounding her is most often put to use defending whichever community she currently calls home. The consummate drifter has been a thorn in the side of authorities in the outlands for some time however because the further outside the control of the nobles one travels, the more petty functionaries and bandits rule their own little 'kingdoms'. And when their rule harms the poor souls that live under them, that is when the Demon's judgement is the most harsh.

Currently Tasnim must travel more often as numerous bounties have been placed on her head and she doesn't seek the unnecessary fights that such things bring. This doesn't mean she's incapable of defending herself, just that she doesn't wish to harm those only trying to better their lots in life.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None yet.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Demon's Way: Tasnim has an unnatural control over her surroundings that stems from the use of a wide variety of spells and invocations that she knows. The true breadth of her knowledge is unknown but her mastery of what might eventually be known as kido is supreme. There are few that can challenge her mystical might.

Bojutsu: The term bojutsu might not be accurate, but Tasnim is adept at defending herself with her curved staff and against less talented opponents could likely give them a sound thrashing without resorting to sorcery. Against skilled fighters or experts, the most Tasnim can accomplish most of the time is falling into a defensive posture and waiting for her moment to strike.

Wisdom: The Demon has experienced a lot and seen even more. There are few situations that she has no experience with and this translates into an intuitive grasp of others' personalities and how they will react/fight. This 'wisdom' gives her an uncannily good grasp of how an opponent will strike and defend themselves to the point some have called her out on it and demand that it must be the product of some spell. Tasnim simply smiles and offers them a tidbit of knowledge. Her wisdom doesn't just apply to combat though, the woman is a talented teacher and mediator that is able to swiftly get to the heart of the matter.

Unnatural Spiritual Pressure: For a woman as seemingly unsuited to combat as Tasnim looks, the force of her spirit can be overwhelming for some and leaves them with the sensation of a raindrop falling endlessly through a starry sky.

Astrology: Mostly a hobby, Tasnim has, very occasionally, been able to divine the course of future events or predict some disaster. If asked about it, she would happily explain that one of the reasons she moves around so much is to create a more accurate chart of the afterlife's changing skies so as to improve the odds of her predictions.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The keys Tasnim carries are meant to be of some signifigance and my original idea was that they opened doors between two predetermined locations. Essentially a form of convenient long-distance travel in the Spirit World between two points and, potentially if people are okay with it, a connection to Hueco Mundo or the Mortal World. These aren't a cure-all for travel problems though because it takes Tasnim a significant amount of time to create such a key and at the moment she's the only one able to use them.

The other idea, if the one above isn't popular, is that they function as talismans in early Kido that people eventually evolve past the need of using.

So what do people think? I was going for a folk-heroish mystical counterpart to the Necromancer who has a reason to try and change the status quo of the afterlife. And since no one seemed interested (aside from Raziere) in figuring out Kido, I figured kill two birds with one stone since I imagine at a certain point that the Great Families and internal politics will eventually conflict with Tasnim's morals. At which point, assuming she did found the Soul Society, it'd make sense to splinter off and form the Kido Corp unless someone else wants to do that. At least this way kido itself can be explained even if someone else takes the above role.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2017-06-17 at 09:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Tasnim looks fine.

As for the keys - they might be precursor for Senkaimon proper. As it stands, I've gone with a less convenient method based on filler mention of "natural Senkaimon".

In other words, Balancers, or at least the Kuchiki, rely on natural phenomena to cross the boundary between worlds. (Yan Wao Shen has its own method.) Tasnim could be the one to figure out how to built one.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

In other words, Balancers, or at least the Kuchiki, rely on natural phenomena to cross the boundary between worlds. (Yan Wao Shen has its own method.)
    It's just pre-Garganta.

And since no one seemed interested (aside from Raziere) in figuring out Kido
    I was playing the only Magic Sorcerer Thing until just now I think. Just got a lot of irons in the fire and don't think there's any real rush.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-29 at 03:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

I was playing the only Magic Sorcerer Thing until just now I think. Just got a lot of irons in the fire and don't think there's any real rush.
    I know..but why would the Necromancer create kido and teach it to proto-shinigami? Doesn't make a ton of sense, that's why I was working off that assumption.