New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1514
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Hold out for the Tactics banners coming later this week, I'd say. Banner 1 has Ramza and Rafa's party boosts, while banner 2 has the T.G. Cid suite plus some strong debuffs from Malak and Mustadio.

Another option is to hold out until the X event coming up 3rd in the list (Tactics Thursday, XII next week, X two weeks), as this introduces a new highest difficulty level for event battles, the apocalypse+, and moves ultimate+ to MP only. Apocalypse+ fights are beefier than the ultimates we've been getting (and the first two are especially nasty, so much so that they tuned everything back after the %&#^ IV Asura/Leviathan fight), and it won't hurt to have extra synergy if you want to tackle those fights.
    If memory serves, there are better chances at good FFT loot coming down the road. If you need synergy now, or want stuff for Rafah and Malak, pull now, but apparently waiting may pay off.

Speaking of, let's talk about those banners. Coming up in a few days, the FFT event gives is two banners again. The first one includes Ramza's USB (party noncharge 1 and +30% ATK/MAG/DEF); Rafah's BSB (Lightning MAG, command 1 is a multi-hit attack plus ally heal, command 2 is an AoE with MAG/DEF bargain); Ovelia's BSB (holy nuke with medica, commands are single-target heal and medica); and Delita's BSB (random-target Holy/Fire/Lightning/Ice SPBs with improved Crit damage, commands are SPB mixes). The second banner includes RAIJIN CID's Sexcalibur OSB; Mustadio's mixed-up multi-hit BSB (with both SUP and MCH components); RAIJIN CID's BSB; and Malak's BSB (Lightning MAG, fast cast time on abilities, single-target and AoE commands). The second banner also has RAIJIN CID's SSB, an instant-cast AoE with self Noncharge 2.

So, basically, banner 1 for Ramza, Delita, and Ovelia; banner 2 for RAIJIN CID, although you'll probably only get crappy Mustadio relics.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, basically, banner 1 for Ramza, Delita, and Ovelia; banner 2 for RAIJIN CID, although you'll probably only get crappy Mustadio relics.
    Promise?

Honestly though, as much as I like him, even if I got his burst I'd probably still have him on the bench a lot.

My current team in FFT is:
    Agrias, Orlandeu, Ramza, Ophelia, Delita.
    Ophelia is lacking a relic and Delita is waiting to get tagged out.

The character I'd most like to replace him with is Rapha which means I'll be pulling on Banner 1, hoping big hopes for her burst, and probably get something for Malak in banner 2 when I pull for that S.excalibur.

Still, if JP is any indication I should get another shot at both of these most wanted items (S.Xcalibur and Rapha burst) along side those Tactician Mitts I wanted from XI in Extreme Fest when it rolls back around. (JP banners 2-4 look very tasty to me, I know I want the new Cecil USB and unreasonable amount).

Unlikely to pull during the X event, but possible, one pull planned during the IV event after one each on the T banners before I go back into Mythril hording mode.

3. - Top - End - #1263

So does anyone know when we'll see more chain SBs? I took a stab at the XI banner, and landed Prishe's BSB and Lion's SSB. They're nice, and I can certainly use XI synergy, but not the big prize. I'm sort of considering trying another pull (currently at 136 mithril, with some still tied up in DUs) but I'm not sure if I want to throw more mithril at the banner. I figure if this is the only one for a while I might give it a shot, if they're just going to keep coming out with them I'll wait for someone else's.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

4. - Top - End - #1264

After this event is FFT, then FFXII, then FFX which debut's Tidus's Water Chain SB.

After that the wait goes to Extreme Fest which brings back Shantoto's LCSB (in theory) and debuts WoL's LCSB (We skipped its debut in Global)

The festival after that only had 3 banners with 2 LCSB/banner. Fire/Earth, Wind/Water, Lightning/Ice.

So far there is still only 1 LCSB per element (I don't think Bio or Dark have one yet).

JP's Extreme fest banner 3 had: Shantoto LCSB, Orlandu OSB, Ashe's BSB, Shantoto's BSB, and Rafa's BSB for your lightning needs in addition to other relics. I expect some amount of messing with banners but am hoping this isn't touched too much.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hold out for the Tactics banners coming later this week, I'd say. Banner 1 has Ramza and Rafa's party boosts, while banner 2 has the T.G. Cid suite plus some strong debuffs from Malak and Mustadio.

Another option is to hold out until the X event coming up 3rd in the list (Tactics Thursday, XII next week, X two weeks), as this introduces a new highest difficulty level for event battles, the apocalypse+, and moves ultimate+ to MP only. Apocalypse+ fights are beefier than the ultimates we've been getting (and the first two are especially nasty, so much so that they tuned everything back after the %&#^ IV Asura/Leviathan fight), and it won't hurt to have extra synergy if you want to tackle those fights.
    I'm sooo not worrying about the new difficulties. I have yet to break the U+ barrier (args, I want more MC3s, only have 2 chars at 99, Cloud and Luneth). My SB/equip setup is really scattered, and aside from wind feels really lacking.

Actually, mostly for my own benefit in sorting things out, here's what I have (nested spoilers by realm):

Spoiler: SBs by realm
    Show

Spoiler: Core
    Show
    Knight: Knight Shield II
    Summoner: Call II
    Ranger: Steady Shot II
    Black Mage: Magic Signet (Mag up Large)
    White Mage: Divine signet (Mnd up Large)
    Bard: Valor minuet II (Party Atk up Large)

Spoiler: FF I
    Show
    Nothing

Spoiler: FF II
    Show
    Nothing

Spoiler: FF III
    Show
    Luneth: Advance (Atk up Large, Def down Large
    Refia: Dance of Carnage (Fire En-Fire physical BSB)
    Ingus: Gaia's Vengeance (Def up Large, Phys and Blk taunt)

Spoiler: FF IV
    Show
    Edward: Song of Swiftness (party Haste and Mag up Moderate)
    Edge: Eblan Dual Wield (Lightning Paralyze and Slow), Eblan Water Veil (Aoe Water Interrupt)
    Golbez: Twin Moon (Magic Dark Taunt with solo Bubble/Heal BSB)

Spoiler: FF V (my pers fave)
    Show
    Faris: Serpent's Gale (AoE Imperil Wind)
    Galuf: Fist of the Dawn (one hit damage, and party Atk up Moderate)
    Bartz: Hand of the Crystals (OSB, Fire/Water/Wind/Earth), Choco Romp (AoE wind, and solo En-Wind)
    Exdeath: Power of the Void (Magic Dark, Party Mag up Mod, Res up Small), Grand Cross (Runic)
    Krile: Tomorrow's Promise (Magic Fire En-Fire BSB with small interrupt and slow), Wind Drake's Roar (AoE Interrupt)

Spoiler: FF VI
    Show
    Celes: Indomitable Blade (Runic)

Spoiler: FF VII (2nd best realm)
    Show
    Cloud: Finishing Touch (Wind OSB), Climhazzard (En-Wind)
    Barret: Satellite Beam (AoE Imperil Lightning)
    Aerith: White Materia (Healing BSB), Fury Brand (Party Crit up Large and Magic Evade 1)
    Vincent: Cerberus Shell (Magic AoE and Party Mag up Small)
    Sephiroth: Reunion (BSB, ignore defense or fire damage)
    Cid: Dragon Dive (Wind En-Wind BSB), Dragon (Imperil Wind)
    Reno: Turk Triad (Lightning En-Lightning BSB)

Spoiler: FF VIII
    Show
    Squall: Sub-Zero Blast (Ice OSB), Lion's Roar (Fire or Wind BSB)
    Rinoa: Wishing Star (Magic damage)
    Quistis: Hail to the Queen (Magic Poison En-Poison BSB with status effects)
    Zell: Combat King (Atk up Moderate, Def Res up Small)
    Laguna: Visions of the Past (dmg and Party Atk up Large)

Spoiler: FF IX
    Show
    Eiko: Prayer of the Lost (Healing BSB Crit Chance ST Physical Blink 1)
    Beatrix: Seiken Shock (Party Magic Blink 1)

Spoiler: FF X
    Show
    Paine: Liquid Steel (En-Water)
    Yuna: Miracle Veil (AoE Heal and Healing buffer)

Spoiler: FF XI
    Show
    Nothing

Spoiler: FF XII
    Show
    Nothing

Spoiler: FF XIII
    Show
    Lightning: Focused Bolts (Lightning AOE Imperil Lightning BSB)
    Vanille: Miracle Prayer (AoE heal and ability restore)
    Noel: Deathblow (Interrupt and Remove Delay)

Spoiler: FF XIV
    Show
    Y'shtola: Asylum (AoE Healing BSB Barrier)
    Minfilia: Blessing of Light (Party Atk up Large and Last Stand)

Spoiler: FFT
    Show
    Ramza: Shout (Party Haste Atk up Large)
    Mustadio: Heart Piercer (AoE Pentabreak)

Spoiler: FF...what is that? Don't recall the name. World of FF?
    Show
    Nothing

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    So does anyone know when we'll see more chain SBs? I took a stab at the XI banner, and landed Prishe's BSB and Lion's SSB. They're nice, and I can certainly use XI synergy, but not the big prize. I'm sort of considering trying another pull (currently at 136 mithril, with some still tied up in DUs) but I'm not sure if I want to throw more mithril at the banner. I figure if this is the only one for a while I might give it a shot, if they're just going to keep coming out with them I'll wait for someone else's.
    So far, there's only one chain per element. As SuperPanda said, no bio or dark chains yet, though I expect we'll see a dark chain come when the holy/dark magicite dungeons come out soon.

Spoiler: Chain users to date:
    Show

Lightning: Shantotto
    Holy: WoL (holy pickup banner, not translated for us yet, but might be appearing in this maintenance batch)
    Water: Tidus (next FFX event)
    Wind: Zack (Cloud USB super-banner)
    Ice: Rinoa (two FFVIII events from now, appears with her BSB2)
    Fire: Locke (Magicite mini-fest, banner 1)
    Earth: Ingus (Magicite mini-fest, banner 1)

Of the existing chains, wind, lightning, fire, and holy are all pretty great. Water and ice are a tier down due to there being fewer good SB users for those, and earth is at the bottom, sadly. Poor Ingus's chain doesn't even have a good entry ability. It just grants last stand- but you can't refresh last stand with it without resetting your chain.

Red: The DU lucky draws should give us a few shots at Tactics loot. This is the best shot at Orlandu stuff if that's something anyone wants. Another Tactics event is ongoing in JP now, introducing Meliadoul, and the banners aren't a lot better than these ones. If you're in good shape overall, you can roll the dice on the lucky draws instead of pulling.

If your A-team lacks some punch, though, Rafa's burst is a top-shelf one for mage teams thanks to its party mag/res boost, and Ramza's buff suite's quite nice, although banner 2 is better, IMO: Murdersword, Mustadio's reverse wall and hyper break, Malak's not-quite-Fujin burst, and heck, even Gafgarion's party-wide ether can be lifesiphoned so your 6* skills can stretch further.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Would this be a bad time to mention that I pulled an Esper Terra on my 11-pull?

Sorry for your rotten luck on your waifu, I'll be sending you all my positive thoughts for future pulls in any game.
    You know what? By this time, I'd rather have you wish me that my leg broke or something. The kind of good vibe you send to an artist without actually saying the word. Every time you send me good wishes, I kinda fail; no offense intended, but I get Panda mentioning that the RNGods would mix the orders (lo and behold, they kinda did - I got a dupe of Onion's BSB, he gets the OSB and something better than Desch's Gauntlet), then the first Trance Terra pull failed, then I do a second pull and somebody else gets her.

Really. Wish me a disaster. Maybe that'll work better. Just...when I'm about to draw - that'll be in about a week, for the FFT Banner 2 event. Or around Wednesday/Thursday, if I can snatch about 1,000 extra Lapis for a third 11-pull on the Trance Terra banner. Don't want the RNGods feeling a little bit too sassy and throw me an actual disaster.

On the other hand - U++!Ultros was thoroughly massacred. Did it on MP, with the chilling amount of THREE Celes (I had one), and I believe three Terras as well. Not just that - one of the Celes in the team had almost exactly the same load that I had, except DMT/MM for Indomitable Blade. Also, rubbing salt on my face with Blood Sword - really, the darn thing pursues me just to say "unattainable, bleeeh!!" Watching as how someone chains OSBs hurts like you wouldn't believe.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

Decided to go ahead and knock out one of the torment 200s. Went with Demon Soul because Agrias needs more power.

It was easier than I expected. So with the shiny new knight motes, she has a new toy(Aegis Strike) to play with. At 322 defence non synergy, she was hitting difficulty​ 122 trash mobs for 7-8k a hit. Not too shabby, specially if I combine it with her BSB. Just could really use more than 2 uses of it, which likely will never happen.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-04-25 at 01:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Red: The DU lucky draws should give us a few shots at Tactics loot. This is the best shot at Orlandu stuff if that's something anyone wants. Another Tactics event is ongoing in JP now, introducing Meliadoul, and the banners aren't a lot better than these ones. If you're in good shape overall, you can roll the dice on the lucky draws instead of pulling.
    Yeah, that's what I heard. I remember seeing someone compiling a list of upcoming DUs, and apparently a bunch have FFT, which means lots of shots at DU LDs for FFT. So, you know, that.

Decided I would brave UMPtros, did so, slaughtered him. As others have been saying, if you decide to solo, Celes + Runic + Fire damage pretty much dominates. Feeling cocky, I decided to try to solo AMPtros.

That was a mistake. Mistakes were made.

So I think I'm done with this particular batch of raid content, and will go back to farming the new dailies until the FFT event arrives. I've got the RMs for all of the new XI characters except Prishe, who is coincidentally the only one I haven't gotten to 80 yet. (She's at 74 currently. I haven't started farming today's EXP dailies.) Another interesting point of order: I don't know if you realized this, but Prishe actually has the third-highest ATK in the game at level 80. Yeah. After RAIJIN CID's 190 and Sephiroth's 186 comes Prishe's 179, putting her above heavy hitters like Master and DK!Cecil (177), and Garland/Guy/Sabin/Cyan/Cloud/Zack/Beatrix/Auron/Jecht/Basch/Fang/Agrias (173). And her 136 MND, while not WHM level, still puts her well into competent healing territory. So, you know... Actually a really decent character, statwise.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Really. Wish me a disaster. Maybe that'll work better. Just...when I'm about to draw - that'll be in about a week, for the FFT Banner 2 event. Or around Wednesday/Thursday, if I can snatch about 1,000 extra Lapis for a third 11-pull on the Trance Terra banner. Don't want the RNGods feeling a little bit too sassy and throw me an actual disaster.
    Fair enough, I'll send my most dire and apocalyptic curses your way.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

11. - Top - End - #1271

Yeah, that's what I heard. I remember seeing someone compiling a list of upcoming DUs, and apparently a bunch have FFT, which means lots of shots at DU LDs for FFT. So, you know, that.
    I think I'm going the same route, but bear in mind that DU draws may follow the JP route of giving a free single draw rather than the half price 11-pull. Fingers crossed.

Ultros was... manageable. Apocalypse+ is indeed a big step up. To the tune of 1.2 million HP over his 5 forms. Which, y'know... Not_Great_Bob.gif. It definitely cries out for multiplayer, and that in turn cries out for proper buff stacking and team composition, which in turn cries out for a useful party building UI that we simply don't have. I did finally get the stars to align into a good mage team though, and 3 people flinging Terra OSBs around goes a long way.

So, FF11 event done - as before, an OSB does wonders against Shadowlord since it makes it easy to balance physical vs. magical in your team - and I've cleared all the raid content but Apocalypse and Apoc+ Mandragoras. Wish me luck? Basch with BSB & Apocalypse Shield proved mighty useful for the U++ version, so I'm hoping he can carry that forward for the crazypants ones.

Beyond that, I'm catching up with dailies and longingly looking at all of the last Dungeon Update, which I still haven't had time for. Oh, and apparently, if you've collected every crystal from events, you should now have enough black crystals to R2 Meltdown. I'm still a couple short myself, but still: tantalizing. And also, dear god this has been a slow rollout of 6* abilities.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-04-25 at 10:26 AM.
    Merlin the Tuna

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Storytime! Abridged!
    Show
    -- Sochen Cave Palace --

Basch: Strange...only two of us?
    Tyro: Only two of us are allowed. But don't worry! We're gonna get some aid!
    Basch: Reinforcements? From where?
    Tyro: Oh, I don't think you've been to one of these. This is a "Raid" - a battle against monsters so powerful, we need more than our usual deployment! But, there's a catch - our support will come from...well...
    Basch: Pray tell, who will become our reinforcements?
    Tyro: It has to deal with parallel dimensions. You see; there are other dimensions, where other Keepers are facing similar battles. These records, however, overlap in all dimensions at once! They are harder to deal with, however, and thus, they have to be fought many times. However, all those other Keepers can collaborate and fight these incredibly powerful monsters together! Which...is exactly what we're gonna do now.
    Basch: I see why you hesitate, but 'tis easy to grasp the concept. These other Keepers, solving the mysteries of the records on their own, choose to join forces with us, in order to face these Hunts. Come to think, is this not a Hunt, in every sense of the way?
    Tyro: Well...you're right! It's a Hunt, in one way or another. It's not Clan-based, as in your world, but expeditions are mounted and led by one of the Keepers, or their Expedition Leaders. Though, not all of them call them Expedition Leaders. Anyways, their Expedition Commanders send their support, but only one of them gets to lead the Raid. Our Expedition Commander placed the request - his only request was to pay careful attention to the enemies' weaknesses, and that I would use a new power I acquired.
    Basch: New power? Oh...I seem to have paid bare notice to your new coat. I take this will unlock this new power of yours?
    Tyro: Yes! The Expedition Commander seems to be frustrated about something, and mindlessly threw away some of our Mythril stash to a random pool. I got this spiffy new coat out of it!
    Basch: Hmm...this may relate to why Lady Ashelia seems so content...

--Back on the Royal Academy --

Ashe: POWER!!! POWER UNLIMITED!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
    Kefka: What's with the broad? Did she went mad out of feigned loathing for the green-haired broad?
    Vaan: No idea, honestly. Wait...oh, I see! She's wielding her outfit!
    Kefka: I hope I never get my coat. Otherwise, I might go sane!
    Vaan: It's because she hid the Dusk Shard on her outfit. The Nethicite within it seems to be granting her great power. Well, stay here while I knock some sense on her!
    Kefka: Oh, that makes sense. I wanted it to be a completely senseless descent into madness...
    *Kefka is sad*
    Kefka: ...but any cackling descent into madness is good enough, so...
    *Kefka trips Vaan!*
    Vaan: Hey, what's the big idea!?
    Kefka: Isn't that a lovely sound...? UWEEEEHEEEHEEEHEEEEE!!!
    Penelo: Vaany-poo is too gullible. #nevertrustamadclown
    Kefka: I am more than a mad Clown! ...Though I like the warning. Vaan, you should learn from your psycho lover and embrace madness a bit more!
    *Gunfire*
    Laguna: Alright guys, party time's over!
    Ashe: AAAHAHAAHAA--wait, what was that!?
    Laguna: Me. Saying party time's over. By firing a gun. MY gun.
    Kefka: A sucky gun, at that!
    Laguna: Not when I'm pointing it at you, right?
    Kefka: ...Good point.

-- Back at Sochen Cave Palace --

Tyro: Most likely.
    Basch: Well...when will our allies arrive?
    Tyro: Any time now! ...Aaany time now...
    *Mandragoras appear!*
    Tyro: ANY TIME NOW!!
    *...*
    *...*
    *...*
    *Reinforcements appear!*
    Tyro: Yay! They arrived! How're you doin', guys!
    *...*
    Basch: They seem to be...ensorcelled...
    Tyro: That seems to be right... I wonder why...?
    Alt!Keeper: AWAITING COMMAND.
    Tyro: Jeepers! They're...robots!
    Basch: Is there something wrong?
    Tyro: It...seems so. Usually, the alternate dimension Hero Records are focused, but...have attitudes of their own. These...are like robots. Umm, automatons. They don't think of--
    Basch: I understand your point, young master. Well, then; time to deal with these weeds the only way we know!
    Tyro: Right!
    Sarah: AWAITING COMMAND.
    Y'shtola: AWAITING COMMAND.
    Beatrix: AWAITING COMMAND.
    Cid Raines: AWAITING COMMAND.
    Sabin: AWAITING COMMAND.
    Tyro: By the grace of her Ladyship, almighty Cosmos, I bequeath her protection; bless us, thus, save us, o graceful force, with vitality everlasting! I break the seal upon the Warder's Apocrypha!
    *Tyro casts a forbidden spell from the Sentinel's Grimoire!*
    Basch: ...That was hidden on your books?
    Tyro: Knowledge is power!
    All Alts: COMMAND UNINTELLIGIBLE. AWAITING COMMAND.
    Basch: Might as well await their attacks.
    *Basch enters a defensive stance!*
    Tyro: Umm...well, if they await commands...let's see...
    *One of the Mandragoras sings a Vespersong!*
    Tyro: First things first! Keeper! Cast Sentinel's Grimoire! Y'shtola! Use Aetherial Pulse!
    Alt!Keeper: EXECUTING COMMAND...
    *Alt!Keeper behaves more naturally!*
    Alt!Keeper: O, Grand Aegis!
    Y'shtola: EXECUTING COMMAND...
    *Y'shtola behaves more naturally!*
    Y'shtola: Face the might of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn!
    Tyro: Hmm...they seem to be acting like their usual selves...
    Basch: They seem to respond to your commands, though.
    Tyro: Oh, man! That'll be real hard!
    Basch: Unless you use Gambits.
    Tyro: Gambits?
    Basch: When we did Hunts, we agreed to do certain moves in case the leader of the Hunt was down. Those commands were reunited as Gambits; if, for example, I saw someone wounded, I would move aside, even if my commanding officer or Clan Leader or Huntmaster was incapacitated.
    Tyro: Great idea! With that, this battle will be a cinch!

-- 45 grueling minutes later... --

Tyro: JUST DIE ALREADY!
    Beatrix: GAMBIT #3 EXECUTED: ATTACK -> BULWARK BLADE
    *Beatrix acts naturally!*
    Beatrix: My sword is unparalleled! Take this!
    Basch: This is the fiftieth time she says that.
    Tyro: They seem to be automatons. You can't expect originality from them...
    *Last Mandragora is down!*
    Tyro: Did we...did we...? We won, we won!
    Basch: Good riddance! I thought this would be my last battle!
    *Alternate Dimension allies disappear!*
    Basch: Next time, use our own forces.
    Tyro: But...it worked in other occasions! Why didn't it work this time...? Anyways, let's get back to our own dimension. We're done here.

Kinda what happened. Apoc++!Mandys are gone, but I had to fight the entire battle alone. Commanding 8 characters at once was overwhelming, but possible.

In short: Cid Raines died because of Memento Mori, but softened everyone. Beatrix was doing Imperil Holy like a mad(wo)man, Basch spammed Apoc. Shield and did some off-tanking, while the other Keeper used SG, Sarah was main healer, and Y'sh an off-healer. When Raines died, Y'sh tried to revive him, but to no avail - it was Ultimate Ram festival, and he took way too many hits, enough to expend all uses of Curaise. Sabin was there for his Soul Spiral, which was a lifesaver in a few occasions, and kept everyone healed. By the end, with the top and bottom right Mandys, I switched my own Keeper to Keeper's Tome, and had the other Keeper use Arbiter's Apocrypha. From there, it was 15 more minutes chipping away at their HP until they perished.

Battle was mastered, so I don't need to do it anymore. Got the Dex Motes too.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    After this event is FFT, then FFXII, then FFX which debut's Tidus's Water Chain SB.

After that the wait goes to Extreme Fest which brings back Shantoto's LCSB (in theory) and debuts WoL's LCSB (We skipped its debut in Global)

The festival after that only had 3 banners with 2 LCSB/banner. Fire/Earth, Wind/Water, Lightning/Ice.

So far there is still only 1 LCSB per element (I don't think Bio or Dark have one yet).

JP's Extreme fest banner 3 had: Shantoto LCSB, Orlandu OSB, Ashe's BSB, Shantoto's BSB, and Rafa's BSB for your lightning needs in addition to other relics. I expect some amount of messing with banners but am hoping this isn't touched too much.
    Thanks! Decided I wasn't much into a Tidus water chain (already have his OSB) so I gave the banner one more try and ended up with another copy of Prishe's fist, Shantotto's coat, and her CSB! So that turned out pretty nicely, lightning chains ho!
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

14. - Top - End - #1274

I've been malaigning Sabin for a while now but it is dawning on me that he has become the best candidate in his roster for the 5th spot on my VI team.

Locke has a permanent spot with his entire SSB, and his imperil fire BSB. Mug bloodlust access and level 99 are just icing on that cake.

Terra is currently there with him with her enhancer and en-fire SSB. Kefka might be a better choice with his haste SB but Terra is already 99.

Seltzer/Mog is spot three for support/dances as required. Mog's sunbath has more utility than Setzet's old SB but Setzer's does fire damage and support does do damage for ST fights.

Relm wth her burst is queen of healing.

I'd been considering spot 5 a toss up between Celes (default SB), Edgar (Drill) and Kefka (both normal SBs).

Cyan with fire blossom and his drain strike SB wasn't considered.
    Now looking at Sabin. He has Fire's Within and 3 SBs. 1 multi hit wind + party Def. 1 multi bit NE + party blink SSB, one % medics + ensua.

That's a respectable amount of options, ability to exploit Locke's imperil, and some raw power (+20 attack from ssbs). I'm leveling him to 80 so that he can take his place on the VI team. Edgar will have to go wait in his castle again. His fated coin toss did not turn out in his favor after all.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

So I knocked out the FFXI content. Will be skipping the CM due to none of my FFXI characters being up to snuff though.

Ultimate was pretty easy and didn't put up much resistance VS mage team, same with the U+ once raines BSB was unleashed.

That U++ is a weird one that the last DU gave me all the tools I needed to beat it: Ashe's OSB sword & OK's Gauntlet.

Ashe - Chain Thundaga, Quetzacotl - Devotion - BSB
    OK - Wrath, Shellga - Battleforged - BSB
    Zidane - Mug Bloodlust, Dash & Slash - Wind x1.3 - OSB
    Tyro - Magic Breakdance, Multibreak - Dr.Mog - Wall
    Arc - Ultra Cure, Protectga - Mako Might - IntaMedica
    RW - Ramza : Shout

OK pretty much ran interference, after shout & BSB were online he was hitting for about 10-12k with either physical or magic, but his main job was to buff both Ashe & Zidane so they could DPS during their respective sections of the fight. Donning Ashe's OSB sword, he actually had pretty decent physical and magical power.

Ashe, for most of the first half of the fight didn't do much but defend and thanks to some pretty cruddy luck, died halfway through the second half. I will discuss that luck later.

Zidane. Oh Zidane. You da MVP for this fight. Zidane, donning Cid's Wind+ Goggles and armed with a nice self-buff/enemy debuff, a Wind+ RM and double physical buffs (from OK & Shout) meant he hit with a damage capping D&S and a ludicrous 83k damage OSB timed at the tail end of the magic immune phase, nearly skipping the entirety of the physical immune part (Ashe wrapped it up with two chainagas). This made the fight a whole lot easier as once the second phase was up all 3 could focus him down.

Tyro... well he did what you expect from that setup.

Arc. You poor boy. You got your protectga & 2 ultra cures off. then spent most of the fight silenced, even though you were geared to protect against it. You stood there as the Dalmascan princess fell, the silence wearing off towards the end of the fight and allowing you to basically seal the deal by fully healing the party with a second in reserve.

I then ran the Greens Daily because MP is being a butt right now.

16. - Top - End - #1276

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    So I knocked out the FFXI content. Will be skipping the CM due to none of my FFXI characters being up to snuff though
    It only requires Shantotto, not a full FFXI team. Bring the big guns and crank that out!
    Merlin the Tuna

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

wait, really?

That was easy and much more manageable then expected. Had to egg up the Shantatertot but she worked well with Potatolymo and Onion Knight and a splinkle of Raines RW to create a murderstew.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, just managed to beat the Apoc Ultros fight by myself. Don't think I'm going to even begin to try the A++ though, as I barely beat him in Apoc. Note to self(and to others): While you have to hit him with fire if you want to master, don't use it any more then once, he counter firaga's every time you smack him with a fire ability, which hurts quite a bit, and is a fair amount of totally unnecessary damage.

I actually ran out of hone in that fight on Gilgamesh because of the fire thing. I brought Lightning Dive and Fire Blossom, and once I saw the Counter Firaga, realized I couldn't keep using it. LD is only r2, so only 4 uses, + the swift slice from OK BSB RW. I also ran out of hones on Faris, as I had to re-apply Full Break and Magic Breakdown on him every single time he revived ><.

Ashe was literally my saving grace with her BSB. Even after Vessel of Fate wore off at the end, she was still smacking him for 4500-5k a shot on Cleansing Storm, and 3500 a shot on Dusk Decree(that was the final hit, using her BSB again). If I had stuck with Terra like I had been considering, I'd have lost that fight for sure. Hell, even Cloud only had 4 uses of Life Siphon left(r4 Thundaga Spellblade and r4 Life Siphon) at the end because him and Ashe were the bulk of my damage.

If I did try the A++ fight, I'd either totally remove Lightning Dive(it was, even with Vessel of fate + full breakdown, only doing 3500 a shot) and stick in his plain ole lightning leap(since I can get 10 uses out of it if I really wanted to r5 it for the fight) and then switch out FIre Blossom(cuz seriously, screw that crap) with Banishing Strike to get rid of his annoying haste/protect, or I could leave Lightning Dive, hope I get more damage out of it at 4 uses compared to 10 for Lightning Leap, and still remove Fire Blossom for Banishing Strike. Ashe would get Chain Firaga, and I'd keep Chain Lightning, only need 4 or 5 casts of a spell before she's ready for BSB, and after that it's all BSB, all the time, lol.

Anyone here try to solo Ultros A++?

What about the mandys? I'll admit, I'm honestly pretty terrified of doing the Mandragora fight, I hate those bastards, though I've heard using a blindga ability on them is pretty useful. Obviously, massive AoE is the way to go for that fight in order to end it as quickly as possible, trying to eliminate them one by one by focusing on elemental weaknesses seems the path to madness.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Well, just managed to beat the Apoc Ultros fight by myself. Don't think I'm going to even begin to try the A++ though, as I barely beat him in Apoc. Note to self(and to others): While you have to hit him with fire if you want to master, don't use it any more then once, he counter firaga's every time you smack him with a fire ability, which hurts quite a bit, and is a fair amount of totally unnecessary damage.

I actually ran out of hone in that fight on Gilgamesh because of the fire thing. I brought Lightning Dive and Fire Blossom, and once I saw the Counter Firaga, realized I couldn't keep using it. LD is only r2, so only 4 uses, + the swift slice from OK BSB RW. I also ran out of hones on Faris, as I had to re-apply Full Break and Magic Breakdown on him every single time he revived ><.

Ashe was literally my saving grace with her BSB. Even after Vessel of Fate wore off at the end, she was still smacking him for 4500-5k a shot on Cleansing Storm, and 3500 a shot on Dusk Decree(that was the final hit, using her BSB again). If I had stuck with Terra like I had been considering, I'd have lost that fight for sure. Hell, even Cloud only had 4 uses of Life Siphon left(r4 Thundaga Spellblade and r4 Life Siphon) at the end because him and Ashe were the bulk of my damage.

If I did try the A++ fight, I'd either totally remove Lightning Dive(it was, even with Vessel of fate + full breakdown, only doing 3500 a shot) and stick in his plain ole lightning leap(since I can get 10 uses out of it if I really wanted to r5 it for the fight) and then switch out FIre Blossom(cuz seriously, screw that crap) with Banishing Strike to get rid of his annoying haste/protect, or I could leave Lightning Dive, hope I get more damage out of it at 4 uses compared to 10 for Lightning Leap, and still remove Fire Blossom for Banishing Strike. Ashe would get Chain Firaga, and I'd keep Chain Lightning, only need 4 or 5 casts of a spell before she's ready for BSB, and after that it's all BSB, all the time, lol.

Anyone here try to solo Ultros A++?

What about the mandys? I'll admit, I'm honestly pretty terrified of doing the Mandragora fight, I hate those bastards, though I've heard using a blindga ability on them is pretty useful. Obviously, massive AoE is the way to go for that fight in order to end it as quickly as possible, trying to eliminate them one by one by focusing on elemental weaknesses seems the path to madness.
    Apoc++!Mandys can be dealt with, but are long endeavors and hard to control. Best bet is to have a Tauntaliator who can pull things off, two good healers, and solid AoE damage. Imperil Holy teams are viable here, as long as your main source of damage is AoE Holy damage - when I attempted it, the main source of damage was Cid Raines using his Burst Command 2, while Beatrix used her Burst to cause Imperil. The Tauntaliator (a Gilgamesh, maybe? Or Ingus, who can do solid damage against the Onion Queen, the top-right bugger that heals the party, because of Earth weakness?) will work well for the first half of all the Mandys' HP, but will need to step up and contribute once they start to spam Ult. Ram and Scream, as they can be annoying. Protectga and Defense boosts also aid a lot.

Apoc++!Ultros can be dealt with Fire damage, but ONLY if you have a Celes or Exdeath in their party with their respective Runics. Since the Counter Firaga move is ST, it should recharge their spells, allowing them to do greater damage with 5* or even 6* skills - Celes with Thundering Twinstrike, Exdeath with Chain Thundaga or even Meltdown for free. As long as they don't die AND they recharge their Runics on time, they'll survive long enough to deal solid damage. That leaves Ult. Tentacles to deal with, because that can do a lot of damage. Fortunately, it's physical. Also, any status effect or debuff placed on Ultros Round 2 carries on to Ultros Round 5, so that should help.

But yeah - in an effort to promote MP, these battles were definitely some of the most annoying ones. I'd say Apoc++!Mandys are far more annoying than Apoc++!Ultros, because on the latter you can focus fire and has two easily exploitable weaknesses (as you mentioned, Ashe was the star of your MP fight; so would Desch with his Burst, or any member of Team Lightning). Tauntaliate is less effective here, but if you think Celes can do a decent amount of tanking, you can just slap Knight's Charge and Gaia's Cross on her and have her tank pretty much everything. The real enemy isn't the monster, but tediousness - it takes an extraordinarily long amount of time to deal with them, so the battle ends up being a hone/relic check, because if you lack enough hones, and your damage isn't strong enough, you'll end up relying on your Bursts and other SBs to succeed.

Even Apoc++ can be done with under-level 80 characters...as long as they can support the team.
    On Lawful Good:

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

And maintenance is over.

First, the boring news - a bunch of characters about whom you probably don't care were added to Hall of Rites. Also, some very minor balance updates:
    • Wol can now use MNK 4. This is to reflect that, in Mobius FF, the four class types are Warrior, Ranger, Mage, and Monk. Problem is that, in Global, the Monk classes haven't been released yet. So this is sort of a big finger for those of us who play both games; Wol gets Monk abilities in FFRK before he gets them in Mobius. Awesome.
    • Palom and Porom can use light armor. You know, in case you want to give them a very minor boost to DEF instead of boosting their relevant caster stats.
    • Galuf can use katanas. Because DeNA wants us all to know just how awesome Galuf is, and will this make you love him now?

Now, the better news: Now that maintenance is done, the datamining has begun! Reddit is already translating upcoming events, starting with tonight's. A quick summary follows:
    • FFT (tonight): Debuts Rafah and Malak. Features them, Ramza, Agrias, RAIJIN CID, Mustadio; MCs for all 6, MC2s for everyone but RAIJIN CID, MC3s for Rafah and Malak. New 5-star MCH and KNT abilities. We've discussed banners.
    • FFXII (4 May): Features Vaan, Penelo, Basch, Gabranth, Larsa; MCs for all 5; MC2s for Penelo, Basch, and Larsa. First banner has Penelo's USB and BSBs for Penelo, Fran, and Gabranth; second banner has Basch's OSB and BSBs for Basch, Vayne, and Larsa.
    • DU 32 (9 May).
    • FFX (11 May): Features Rikku, Paine, Kimahri, Jecht, and wardrobes for Zidane, Auron, and Yuna; MCs for all 7; MC2s for everyone except Rikku and Jecht. New 4-star SHP ability. First banner has Tidus' CSB, Yuna's USB, and BSBs for Auron and Lulu; second banner has Jecht's OSB, and BSBs for Tidus, Kimahri and Paine.
    • FFIV-AY (18 May): Debuts Ceodore; features Porom, Palom, Yang, and wardrobe for Kain; MCs and MC2s for all 5; MC3 for Ceodore. First banner has Kain's OSB and BSBs for Kain, Yang, and Ceodore; second banner has Cecil's OSB and BSBs for Palom, Porom, and Edge.
    • FFVIII (25 May): Features Selphie, Rinoa, Irvine, Laguna, and wardrobe for Squall; MCs for all 5; MC2s for everyone but Rinoa. First banner has Selphie's USB and BSBs for Selphie, Irvine, and Squall; second banner has Rinoa's OSB and BSBs for Laguna, Seifer, and Fujin.
    • FFV (1 June): Debuts Gogo; features Bartz, Lenna, Galuf, Krile, and Exdeath; MCs for all 6; MC2s for everyone except Galuf; MC3 for Gogo. New 5-star BLK ability. First banner has Krile's OSB and BSB for Krile, Bartz, and Gogo; second banner has Lenna's USB and BSBs for Lenna, Galuf, and Exdeath.
    • DU 33 (6 June).

Translations are still forthcoming, but there's more good news - one datamined image suggests that, at least for now, global is keeping its one-time half-price DU Lucky Draws.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

Now, the better news: Now that maintenance is done, the datamining has begun! Reddit is already translating upcoming events, starting with tonight's. A quick summary follows:
    • FFT (tonight): Debuts Rafah and Malak. Features them, Ramza, Agrias, RAIJIN CID, Mustadio; MCs for all 6, MC2s for everyone but RAIJIN CID, MC3s for Rafah and Malak. New 5-star MCH and KNT abilities. We've discussed banners.
    • FFXII (4 May): Features Vaan, Penelo, Basch, Gabranth, Larsa; MCs for all 5; MC2s for Penelo, Basch, and Larsa. First banner has Penelo's USB and BSBs for Penelo, Fran, and Gabranth; second banner has Basch's OSB and BSBs for Basch, Vayne, and Larsa.
    • DU 32 (9 May).
    • FFX (11 May): Features Rikku, Paine, Kimahri, Jecht, and wardrobes for Zidane, Auron, and Yuna; MCs for all 7; MC2s for everyone except Rikku and Jecht. New 4-star SHP ability. First banner has Tidus' CSB, Yuna's USB, and BSBs for Auron and Lulu; second banner has Jecht's OSB, and BSBs for Tidus, Kimahri and Paine.
    • FFIV-AY (18 May): Debuts Ceodore; features Porom, Palom, Yang, and wardrobe for Kain; MCs and MC2s for all 5; MC3 for Ceodore. First banner has Kain's OSB and BSBs for Kain, Yang, and Ceodore; second banner has Cecil's OSB and BSBs for Palom, Porom, and Edge.
    • FFVIII (25 May): Features Selphie, Rinoa, Irvine, Laguna, and wardrobe for Squall; MCs for all 5; MC2s for everyone but Rinoa. First banner has Selphie's USB and BSBs for Selphie, Irvine, and Squall; second banner has Rinoa's OSB and BSBs for Laguna, Seifer, and Fujin.
    • FFV (1 June): Debuts Gogo; features Bartz, Lenna, Galuf, Krile, and Exdeath; MCs for all 6; MC2s for everyone except Galuf; MC3 for Gogo. New 5-star BLK ability. First banner has Krile's OSB and BSB for Krile, Bartz, and Gogo; second banner has Lenna's USB and BSBs for Lenna, Galuf, and Exdeath.
    • DU 33 (6 June).

Translations are still forthcoming, but there's more good news - one datamined image suggests that, at least for now, global is keeping its one-time half-price DU Lucky Draws.
    Well, I finished the last DU yesterday, Elite Scylla was annoying with her petrifying attacks, and I only have a single accessory that protects against that.

And given that lineup of what's to come, I might be able to make 2 pulls on FFT, I'll have to check on the banner again, while hoping for Rapha's relic. Malak can suck it.

And why is Gogo debuting in FFV? He/She/It was just a boss there, whereas he/she/it was an actual playable character in VI.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    And given that lineup of what's to come, I might be able to make 2 pulls on FFT, I'll have to check on the banner again, while hoping for Rapha's relic. Malak can suck it.
    Keep in mind what comes after all that stuff I just mentioned. After all that stuff, we're expecting the Zenith of Crisis event, basically another boss barrage, and an orbfest, and, perhaps most importantly, EXTREMEfest, with five banners, each featuring multiple OSB/USBs as well as multiple BSBs. So while you may be tempted to pull on some of these events, keep in mind what's coming just after them.

And why is Gogo debuting in FFV? He/She/It was just a boss there, whereas he/she/it was an actual playable character in VI.
    Because V preceded VI, and therefore Gogo actually debuted in V? Because V gave us the Mimic job? Because GILGAMESH was also a boss in V, and elsewhere, but is a playable V character? Because the VI cast is up to 14 characters, and the V cast is up to 8? Because DeNA plays favorites? Pick your reason.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Keep in mind what comes after all that stuff I just mentioned. After all that stuff, we're expecting the Zenith of Crisis event, basically another boss barrage, and an orbfest, and, perhaps most importantly, EXTREMEfest, with five banners, each featuring multiple OSB/USBs as well as multiple BSBs. So while you may be tempted to pull on some of these events, keep in mind what's coming just after them.
    Which is exactly why I don't plan to pull on anything after FFT. Not even the lucky draws.

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #1284

RedWizardGuy

In Japan they released a Gogo/Umaru event. You get to Gogo in both realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

The attack softcap is now up to 805, so you can continue to boost for even more damage!

Zenith of Crisis is a series of battles where one new one comes each day, and at the very end, you can fight not-quite-as-hard-as-Nemesis Sephiroth. He's brutal, he ultimate dispels twice, and you can try him multiplayer if you're a masochist.

Clearing up the whole JP-style lucky draw question: JP never had half-cost dungeon update lucky draws like we do. After the nightmare luckies stopped, they went to monthly themed draws, like ice-only, combat 5* only, darkness, en-element, imperil, etc. We got the DU realm luckies instead. Later on, they started getting realm banners for dungeon updates as well, Those allowed for unlimited pulls from a relic pool limited to the DU realms, SSB+. The first single pull was free, but that was always separate from the lucky draw.

Joined a group that took out both apocalypse flavors of Ultros last night. We were never in danger of dying, but wearing him down was just so tedious. They eventually get the hang of the apocalypse+ mp fights and drop them to 220 difficulty, but oof, these fights are so grindy.

I'm excited that legend materia were translated too! I'm planning to dive keeper first for that +40% boost to buff time, and when Raines gets added, him next for the chance to doublecast holy and dark. 40% extra time on wall means I can cycle in keeper's tome too without the buff expiring.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Clearing up the whole JP-style lucky draw question: JP never had half-cost dungeon update lucky draws like we do.
    Ahhhh, that's a relief. Dungeon Update 32 will be perfectly timed then. It covers FFV/X/T and hits right before the FFX event, potentially saving some mythril or clarifying which banner to pull on.* Might also provide some toys for skipping the FFT banners, which I think I'm pretty set on even despite reneging on my plan to pull on FF11. And hey, those are 3 Torment realms!

*My FFX gear basically is Braska's sheep mode and Tidus's BSB. But Banner 1 has the former and Banner 2 has the latter. Banner 1's featured item is another Tidus relic (boo) but it's a useful realm stat stick (water+ in realm!). Banner 2's featured item is Jecht's BSB (boo) but it likewise is a good realm stat stick (blitzball!). And both banners have Curaga medicas for Yuna, so I can't even use that as a tiebreaker.
    I'm excited that legend materia were translated too! I'm planning to dive keeper first for that +40% boost to buff time, and when Raines gets added, him next for the chance to doublecast holy and dark. 40% extra time on wall means I can cycle in keeper's tome too without the buff expiring.
    Yep, very interesting. The initial wave of Legend Materia in JP was for Tyro, O'Light, Garland, Firion, Maria, Luneth, Refia, Pecil, Rosa, Bartz, Lenna, Terra, Relm, Cloud, Tifa, Squall, Rinoa, Zidane, Beatrix (really DeNA?), Tidus, Yuna, Shantotto, Ayame, Vaan, Ashe, Lightning, Snow, Y'Shtola, Thancred, Ramza, and Agrias.

Of the bunch, I've already full-dived Pecil. Other candidates for me to prep are Tyro (SG), Refia (BSB), Terra (BSB, OSB), Tifa (BSB), Zidane (BSB), Tidus (BSB), and Agrias (BSB). That's... way more than I expected, honestly. Refia, Tidus, and Agrias probably have the lead, since it makes them better at good stuff they already do really well.

Of the others, Tyro takes a ton of motes, Terra & Zidane get good buffs but can't control their activation, and Tifa is just hard to fit into teams. Earth damage can be useful, but FF7 hates it and Tifa just doesn't have enough strengths as a unit to ever be the Right Tool For The Job.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-04-27 at 12:16 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

FFT Banner is live and I got three Rainbows!

Grand Armor (Duuupe)
    Lambent Hat x2 (Double Duuuupe)

Meh. Really thinking of doing a second pull after that lackluster result.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2017-04-27 at 08:15 PM.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

New event, time to put in my 100 gems. Yeah I know I won't get anything, but I do like supporting the game.

O.O

Disco ball???

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    New event, time to put in my 100 gems. Yeah I know I won't get anything, but I do like supporting the game.

O.O

Disco ball???
    Lucky!

And it looks like, at least in JP, Rapha's Burst Relic is on a banner with which I only have one dupe, so I'll start saving mythril for Extreme Fest I guess.

Factotum Variants!

30. - Top - End - #1290

I now am 100% certain that my rotten luck on the aniversary banners was due to my wife being out of town for two weeks for a business meeting at her work's HQ and so I had to pull without her.

Onion banner - Onionflow (sure I wanted the burst, but this is a nice pull too).
    XI banner - Toto chain, Prishe burst (I wanted Toto burst more than her chain, but I'm super happy with the stat-stick and all).
    Rapha banner - I did a 100 gem pull first grabbing Rapha's SSB. Really, really, wanted her burst so let my wife pull for me.
    One disco (My wife's now 3/3 on discos) and one rainbow.

Ramza USB - I still don't have shout but I'm very happy with this pull and Rapha does give me a native hastega even if it wasn't the BSB I wanted so badly - my T team will kill very well now.

Rapha BSB!!! - My lightning team is now very deadly. Garnet BSB-2, Shantoto Chain, Rapha Burst. Being mage happy throw Penelo for Sage buff and dances and Y'shtola for wall/asylum in there and that's one scary team. RW in a sheep mode v1 or v3 and its even scarier.

My Tactics team is also pretty frightening:
    Ramza: Tailwind, Chant, and his new superstacking USB. Agrias with BSB and enholy SSB. Orlandeu with BSB. Rapha with zap-zap-heal BSB and hastega. Fifth spot for either Ophelia (No SB, can share healing with Rapha), Mustadio (No SB but I like him), or Delita (Multi hit ST Armor breakdown SB).

I'm now debating inside about pulling on Banner 2. On the one hand - I want Orlandeu's murder sword and would like Mustadio's burst. On the other hand, I don't need/want Malach's stuffs and I'm sure Orlandeu's murder sword will come back. Mustadio will likely have to share Balthier's fate - a much loved Bunsansa who was not favored by RNG.
    Last edited by SuperPanda; 2017-04-27 at 08:47 PM.