New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1514
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well Kain was easy enough to take care of, but Baigan is just a bit too much. he's just got too many things happening at once. First you have to counter Blindga and Silencega, you also have to deal with both magical and physical attacks. Then you have to take care of his haste, repeatedly. And you have to deal with paralysis. And THEN if you even get close enough to killing him, you have to time it right to take his arms out too. No thanks.
    Seconded. Baigan cheats and I'm done. My Silence resist doesn't seem to cover it, my medicas never trigger in time, my Banishing Strike can't cover everyone at once. I'm frankly a bit unwilling to even try a non-synergy A-Team, just because I don't feel like it will make a difference.

I get that it's supposed to be challenging. But this guy has an absolute defense, and without a source of Esuna, it becomes insurmountable. I could waste my RW slot on something with Astra, but that would only block the Blindga, because he uses them in sequence. A challenging fight can have a gimmick you can learn, and that's fun; it's not fun when his gimmick is a big red "NOPE" because your abilities are effectively locked.

I beat Kain, so that's a thing, at least. I'll take a shot at Master Roshi next, but I'm otherwise done with this event, and not in a satisfying way.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I had some really decent luck with the lucky draws:

Warrior of Light's Burst
    Lann's SSB
    Guy's SSB
    Gau's Shiny Thing
    Krile's SSB
    Noel's SSB

Plenty of decent stuff there.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

And U'zzo is down. Pretty straightforward, actually. Annoying that he resists Lightning unless doing his water shield, but not that hard with an A-Team and Shellga/wall. Between Thundering Twinstrike, Swift Bolt, and various Thundas, it was pretty easy to take him apart. The only real threats were his Slowgas - easily overcome by an RW Hastega - and his Stop, which hit Ashe, which was annoying. Still, he's down, and I have no particular desire to test him on Apoc. So I'm finished with this event, and recharging for the next.

For the record, the next event is another VIII event, no new characters or abilities. After that is a V event, new character Gogo, new ability Chain Waterga. And after that, EXTREME Fest. We may or may not get the next DU LD before then, I'm not sure. So keep that all in mind.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yep, Baigan is a chore. Gave him an initial run with a mixed CM team this morning and got summarily smacked down. There's a lot going on there, and even just a couple small concessions in his AI would've gone a long way. I'm thinking that pure physical will be the way to go for this one, since Lifesiphon/Pound bypass the blindga. Going to give it another go with Pecil+BSB providing my main DPS and Ceodore basically acting as a lure+dispelbot. Even if it works though, this is a pretty obnoxious fight: multitarget boss in a realm with no dancers, mixed damage, an enemy hastega, and an elemental weakness with no spellblades in sight and no 4* (or even 5*) Summons.

And for a moment of even sourer grapes... is Kain's OSB a new contender for worst? I mean, probably not, but the two stage buildup is proving really awkward for me.

You need Lifesiphon to build meter, but even after you've done so, you need to use Dragoon skills to build up the damage on it. You can compare it to en+OSB combos, but those are just Lifesiphon -> SSB/BSB -> OSB, which is a much smoother transition. And Beatrix's OSB uses a similar build up, but Knight skills provide enough utility that there are frequently compelling reasons to sprinkle them in throughout a fight. That's not really the case for Dragoon skills, which are pure damage and also need to be timed so that you don't mistakenly dodge a party buff or medica. Versus U. Kain, for example, by the time I had enough meter and one Lightning Dive in the bank to actually cast the thing, the fight was over. This likely won't be as much an issue for "end game content", but it notably isn't actually featured in this event, as Baigan doesn't call for goon-friendly elements and Cagnazzo's temporary lightning weakness demands fast casts, not SBs. Turns out that Cid's AOE Pentabreak is the real grand prize for these banners?

Finally, Kain's new dress sphere is ugly and people should stop using it in MP. Grumble grumble grumble.
    Merlin the Tuna

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    And for a moment of even sourer grapes... is Kain's OSB a new contender for worst? I mean, probably not, but the two stage buildup is proving really awkward for me.

You need Lifesiphon to build meter, but even after you've done so, you need to use Dragoon skills to build up the damage on it. You can compare it to en+OSB combos, but those are just Lifesiphon -> SSB/BSB -> OSB, which is a much smoother transition. And Beatrix's OSB uses a similar build up, but Knight skills provide enough utility that there are frequently compelling reasons to sprinkle them in throughout a fight. That's not really the case for Dragoon skills, which are pure damage and also need to be timed so that you don't mistakenly dodge a party buff or medica. Versus U. Kain, for example, by the time I had enough meter and one Lightning Dive in the bank to actually cast the thing, the fight was over. This likely won't be as much an issue for "end game content", but it notably isn't actually featured in this event, as Baigan doesn't call for goon-friendly elements and Cagnazzo's temporary lightning weakness demands fast casts, not SBs. Turns out that Cid's AOE Pentabreak is the real grand prize for these banners?
    Well, considering Kain's Burst, it probably was done with that in mind. Dragoon's Pride has Dragoon commands that are done quite fast, so you can charge your gauge to 2 bars, use Dragoon's Pride first, nearly exhaust it, and then fire off the Overstrike for maximum damage. Other than that, Blood of the Wyvern and Sky Grinder are fast, and in MP, the delay is usually enough that Dragoon abilities don't let you ignore key buffs and whatnot. Dragoons are all about timing, and sometimes, that air-time allows you to escape that one debuff, or that one Ultimate attack, that makes everything a bit smoother.

Finally, Kain's new dress sphere is ugly and people should stop using it in MP. Grumble grumble grumble.
    What? I don't mind. I'm trying to get ready for when Terra's dress sphere comes in, when I see everyone and their mother giving her blonde wigs. So, I might understand you, but I'm quite sure that won't stop everyone, therefore my best recommendation is to forgive and forget.

Then again, I might not be entirely ready for that, so...RAAAAAGE!! STOP USING KAIN'S FUGLY WHITE PRISTINE ARMOR, YA DOLTS!!
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

6. - Top - End - #1416

And Baigan is finally, finally down! Team below, though obviously YMMV on this disaster of a fight.

Cecil: Lifesiphon, Shellga - Mako Might (BSB)
    Ceodore: Banishing Strike, Magic Lure - auto Draw Fire
    Kain: Lifesiphon, Ice Jump - 1.2x spear (OSB)
    Edward: Mag Breakdown, Full Break - 1.3x support
    Rosa: Curaja, Protectga - Dr. Mog's Teachings (shared medica)
    RW: Shout

Ceodore got Kain's OSB armor and a Gigas Armlet in order to become a nice, beefy distraction. Everybody else scraped together fire resist, and Rosa's white dress provided minor silence resistance to cut the S/Ling slightly. Overall strat was to kill the Blindga arm before it got its cast off, hope that Rosa didn't get tagged with Silencega, then get the killshot with a Pecil BSB cast in order to not get armsploded. I... slightly biffed that and got armsploded, but such is life, mastery get anyway, goodbye forever.

For details on the opener, Kain handled the first RW cast, Cecil & Rosa covered proshellga, and Ceodore & Edward tagged the Blindga armor with Full Break and Banishing Strike. That ensured a slightly longer window to kill it in and a slightly faster damage ramp up. From there, Ceodore went about dispelling Baigan and the other arm, with Edward tossing Mag Breakdown at Baigan and Full Break at other arm, respectively, to maximize the mitigation. Cecil got a-blasting with his BSB and AOE burst command, and Kain started slinging Ice Jumps at the blind arm.

Once everything had been dispelled, Ceodore finally got Magic Lure up and called in the second RW, and Edward transitioned into maintaining his breaks on Baigan and the remaining arm, which was pretty low thanks to Pecil. Kain balanced Ice Jumps and Lifesiphons at Baigan himself, then finally cut loose an OSB for about 40k damage to speed things along. The only real hiccup came from having cast Cecil's BSB so early in the fight, which meant the en-Holy threatened to wear off before Baigan was in range of the killshot. I erred on the side of casting it anyway, since I figured 2 KOs were worth it at that point rather than S/Ling again. In retrospect, using a Lifesiphon or two prior to the first BSB cast would've made for a smoother experience, but again, whatever, smell ya later forever.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-05-22 at 04:37 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Best way to handle Baigan is to find a way to get Last Stand in the first place. He's such a big mess.

After some grueling tries, I managed to snatch a victory, but I'll be darned if I try CM'ing it. There's just no way, not even with Golbez' Burst. So, I went with a fraction of A-Team, plus someone who's desperately trying to get to A-Team material:

Spoiler: Party compo
    Show
    THUNDER GOD, lv. 99; Ragnarok (FFT), Ice Armor, Sniper Soul; Hailstorm R2, Banishing Strike R3; Hand of the Victor
    Keeper, lv. 86; Elven Bow (IV), Keeper's Frock Coat, Pearl Rouge; Curaja R4, Shellga R2; Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Rikku, lv. 76; Dancing Dagger (IV), Black Garb (IV, 8*), Cloud's Goggles; Full Break R2, Exhausting Polka R3; Ace Striker
    Vanille, lv. 77; Sage's Staff (IV, 8*), Luminous Robe (IV), Yuna's Earrings; Ultra Cure R3, Protectga R2; White Magic Adept
    Golbez, lv. 69; Ice Rod, Dark Gloves, Rabbit Charm; Chain Blizzaga R2, Shiva R5; Knight's Charge
    RW: Garnet (Divine Guardian)

The idea was to ignore its spellcasting. Yeah. With Shellga + Wall, damage was manageable, and even Vanille's command Medica was enough to suffice. The REAL problem here are the status effects; Blind takes out your physical attackers, Silence takes out your spellcasters, and Entangle just takes anyone out of the battle. However, taking out the arms was a risk, because then it could reload and cause big troubles.

With Hailstorm, Orlandeau could deal Ice damage and gain a self-boost; Rikku was just biding time before she could load with Machinations, because Interrupt DOES affect them, so that's a few turns shaved off (hey, if Baigan wants to play with status effects, why can't I?). The Keeper was there for Wall, though if you can go real quick, you could fire off Warder's Apocrypha right before Entangle and just have it ignore the effect. Finally, Golbez was there as the main attacker AND tank, using Twin Moons to draw all ST attacks, and Shiva to cause as much damage as possible.

So, how did it go? Not very well, but once I figured I shouldn't worry about the spellcasting, it was much easier. I managed to take out one of the arms early on, while intent on keeping the other; sadly, Baigan died to an ill-timed spell, and before Golbez could finish the arm off, it exploded, taking the Keeper. That said, the Mastery requirements did NOT require taking the arms off first, so that's a big plus. Mastered, with only 1 medal for actions (at one point, Baigan paralyzed almost every member of my team, and then paralyzed Vanille again as she went off Paralyze. By that moment, I said "screw it" and went all-out, but focusing on the big guy.

Lesson learned here: go for Hastega and status resistances.

Will do Multiplayer and Apoc battle eventually.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

8. - Top - End - #1418

I brought Baigan down by giving mog a mythril so that I could start the fight with everyone's meters at one bar or more (Reynn had almost 2).

When I was able to unleash Let Lines (RW), Edea burst, Reynn Burst, and Penelo burst within 2 rounds along with Wall and Faris Ultra x and pro-shell I had the damage and mitigation to kill the arms before they issued the shut down command.

True the arms respawned just as I was killing the body and the detonations killed my mages in vengeance - but that was only one medal lost (and the only medal lost).

I guess I could have made room for a life siphoning Sabin with his ensuna medica - but this was satisfying.

Haven't had time to poke the blue turtle yet but I've got lots of lightning looking for it's chance. I'm leaning to Rapha + healer/supporter since Rapha gives an uncommon boost and offer some light healing along with having a safe NE flavor.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Baigan is a butt made of butts who smells like butts.

Finally had to replace Agrias on my A-Team with Minfilia because I have her SSB that grants Last Stand. Still lost one character before Orlandeau could finish Baigan with his OSB (on the one run where he miraculously wasn't blinded).
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

10. - Top - End - #1420

Reddit reports two more luckies coming tomorrow - Nightmare Celerity and Support.

I am now glad I waited to pull on IV (and haven't done it yet). This is a warning to help people plan mythril if you have enough to plan.

Ooh boy
    Last edited by SuperPanda; 2017-05-23 at 12:16 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Support Lucky Draw! I have almost no Support 5 relics. So that one I'm def gonna pull on. Probably Celerity too, since I have very few Celerity 5 user relics.

12. - Top - End - #1422

Farewell, mythril! I hardly knew ye. I'm just over 150 mythril now, but with the Celerity & Support draws coming up, White and Black Magic Luckies likely hot on their heels, a dungeon update, and 3 luckies in the fest proper... yikes. I was expecting to get at least one or two pulls on the Cloud USB event, but I'm wondering if I can even make that. I'm actually wondering if I might need to skip one of these. Even for areas where I might have a lot of characters with relics, upgrading some old Unique relics could make for good improvement. Might skip the White Magic lucky since it includes a lot of sages, the DU lucky depending on how my Nightmare pulls work out, and the fest's imperil lucky just because, but we'll see.

Beyond that, took care of Leviathan & Asura with the Agrias/Cecil/Exdeath setup I worked out in advance. This one definitely seems like a doozy without Indo Blade/Grand Cross. It was smooth sailing as soon as I stabilized the opening (runic, wall, dances, slowing Azura, and getting Vanille enough meter for her BSB) but that'd be a nightmare with dispels flying around on top of it. Good luck everybody! Also Apocalypse Cagnazzo is terrible, and I keep bashing my face against it, so good luck there as well.
    Merlin the Tuna

13. - Top - End - #1423

Yeah, I got expert on Audra/Levithan with my lightning team on my third S/L (once I got mitigation up it was smooth sailing). Only reason I didn't do better is that Leviathan crumpled like tissue under my onslaught and died before Asura did (twice).

I've had great luck recently so I'm expecting to pay that back over the remaining luckies and festival. I'm not allowing myself to home for anything specific in celerity or support but I'm pulling all the same.

Asura/Levi felt a lot easier than Baigan. Part of that is my lightning team being powerful and having plenty of healing to boot while my young ice team is strong but not quite as obscene (Edea was hitting ~6k x 4 against Baigan, late in a chain and with two stacks of imperil, Rapha hit 9999x4 against Leviathan.

One other interesting thing: if using a lighting/non-elemental ability against Asura under lightning chain - it does build chain count and you do get the chain damage boost - but it still deals NE damage. Garnet and Rapha got to steadily ramp up damage against Asura with their lightning/NE commands while avoiding her resistances - it did a lot more to Leviathan though.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I'd be a little surprised if we get Extreme fest with the Cloud USB event. We just got done with 2A in mid-April. I'd expect it closer to end of June. But hey, more luckies! Celerity I have 9/53, and Support 8/40, so hopefully there's something good awaiting me.

This also means a skip on FFVIII-I for Squall, but... whatever.

Haven't gotten a chance to do the bonus battles yet for the event, but I'll probably try to CM Baigan with a mixed party, and blow up the silence arm, then rush his body and eat the explosion at the end. I've got major blind resist relics, but no major silence resist, so I can deal with blindgas.

Lastly, we're on page 48, so:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: I want to be your whale!
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: How do you prove you're a whale? Maybe we're not whales...
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Floating zombie whales, huh?
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Indeed we are Whales! Whales are we indeed!

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    Reddit reports two more luckies coming tomorrow - Nightmare Celerity and Support.
    Farewell, mythril! I hardly knew ye.
    Seconded. I'm definitely short on both of those, particularly SUP relics. I don't think I have any SUP BSBs, but I do have Faris' USB, so that's something.

I'm at about 125 mythril, so if these LDs keep coming, I'll basically be starved by EXTREME Fest. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    I'd be a little surprised if we get Extreme fest with the Cloud USB event. We just got done with 2A in mid-April. I'd expect it closer to end of June. But hey, more luckies! Celerity I have 9/53, and Support 8/40, so hopefully there's something good awaiting me.
    I'd be quite happy if it holds off for another month or two, honestly. So I could build up more mythril.

Lastly, we're on page 48, so:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: I want to be your whale!
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: How do you prove you're a whale? Maybe we're not whales...
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Floating zombie whales, huh?
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Indeed we are Whales! Whales are we indeed!
    Ooh, right, that! I think my suggestion was:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: You Don't Need a Reason to Whale

A few others, off the top of my head...

FFRK IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Spend My Life in Debt?
    FFRK IX: To Be a Whale is Worse than Death
    FFRK IX: I Whale What I Want! You Have Problem!?
    FFRK IX: I Don't Wanna Whale Anymore...

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

Didn't see it mentioned, but the 10 mithril and Hailstorm are available in the gyshal shop now. Bit odd they did it a day before refresh but oh well. More shiny blue candy!
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

17. - Top - End - #1427

FFRK IX: Loss of Me-thril
    FFRK IX: You're Not Alone... Just Broke
    FFRK IX: Mist Opportunities
    FFRK IX: The Vivi Section (okay this is getting a little weird)
    FFRK IX: I... so happy
    FFRK IX: Greetings from Esto Gacha
    FFRK IX: Gizamaluke's Gacha
    FFRK IX: Final Bosses Outta Nowhere
    Merlin the Tuna

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

"And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

FFRK IX: Bugs mean I get more Mythril.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    FFRK IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Spend My Life in Debt?
    FFRK IX: I... so happy
    These I heartily approve, but it wouldn't be fair if I didn't made my suggestion, and that one will be...

FFRK: No Apocalypse!Cloud, no Ultimate++!Squall shall hinder us!

Regarding the Nightmare Lucky Draws, I feel tempted to pull on both Celerity and Support. Looking at the relics, there's reasons for each.

For Celerity:
    • Small list (only around 53 relics overall)
    • Low proportion of dupes (11/53, which is around 20% chance for a dupe)
    • No potential dupe has been duped twice.
    • Chance for THUNDER GOD SWORD
    • Good spread of relics.
    • Chances for En-Water boosting via Edge

But, there's also:
    • Lightning's Relics
    • Rikku has gone into Yandere mode, so a dupe here would hurt like nobody's business
    • High chances to get Valiant Knife for Locke, which would be pointless when I have his Burst
    • Most likely will have for FFVI, and not for IX
    • Has no VIII character representing, becuase Zell gets Celerity 5 via Record Dive

As for Support:
    • Smaller list than Celerity (40 vs. 53)
    • Similar chance of dupes (8/40, again 20%)
    • Has relics for Barret, Red XIII and Sazh, which I'd really love to have because I got nothing for them and I at least dig the African-Corellian or African-Cocoonian representation
    • No Support Burst other than the Keeper's, meaning that every burst has a chance to be brand-new and awesome
    • Chance for Faris' Badass Longcoat, or another Pentabreak

On the opposite side...:
    • Keeper also appears in Celerity, and Black Magic, and I got nearly all of the relics (barring OSB or Last Judgment Grimoire)
    • Problems with Platinum Sword dupes
    • Red XIII and Irvine lack Bursts, so having relics for them won't help that much.
    • Irvine. Just...Irvine.
    • Some of the cool old-school relics like Sazh's Boon or Edward's Song of Swiftness aren't around.
    • Very few disco balls.

If I took each point at face value, it's practical that I choose Celerity over Support, but both are great choices. I got about 100 Mythril, the 50 Mythril special campaign hasn't been released yet, and we got about three more events before ExtremeFest, but on the other hand...if ExtremeFest has the special Lucky Draws (Imperils, Curaga Medica and Burst+), that's another 75 Mythril gone down the drain before the proper draws. Also, there's the Realm Dungeon Lucky Draw for June, which has Tactics relics alongside more V relics AND VIII relics after the VIII event, so chance for Squall's new Burst, or Selphie's Burst Medica, or even Irvine's physical-murderizing Burst. That's 100 Mythril spent, and I still need at least 50 for one of the ExtremeFest banners. Oh wait, there's also Black Mage Nightmare Draw - that's 125 Mythril down the drain, because of course I'm gonna pull there, why wouldn't I?

Ergo - should I do zero pulls and save for ExtremeFest, do 1 pull and make the difficult choice, or do both pulls and throw caution to the wind!?!?!?!? I feel for all of you guys who feel that Mythril won't be enough.
    On Lawful Good:

21. - Top - End - #1431

My wife helped with me with my pulls again Celerity was a complete bust 1/11 dupe Locke jacket.

Support was better 2/11 wakka and Sazh bursts. Big upgrade for Xiii and X synergies. 2 new potential MC3 candidates.

I did not steal the thunder sword yet - and I still don't have Shout. Wakka and Sazh aren't likely to break into A teams with their pulls but CMs for their realms just got a bit less stressful.

22. - Top - End - #1432

Minor strikeout on the Support draw for me, which is a bummer; 1/11 with Fran's imperil lightning SSB. Given that I already have her Full Breakdown SSB, it's a little tough to get excited for. I think I'd rather have had a dupe of that, honestly; at least that would've improved my synergy appreciably.

Much better turnout on the Celerity draw, thankfully! Netted myself Tyro USB, which should be handy if I need to crash my teammates out of multiplayer. And that's backed up with Leila's ATK/RES mug SSB and Lightning's AOE lightning SSB. Both are good synergy (a gun!) and the latter is certainly an upgrade on her en-lit-and-nothing-else SB.

So yeah, nothing spectacular since Wall remains supreme, but some healthy additions.
    Merlin the Tuna

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Support: 2/11, Red's SSB (bleh) and Wakka's BSB (it's fine)
    Celerity, though: Rikku's BSB, Locke's OSB, and Tidus' Chain! Between Tidus, Rikku, and Kimahri, I now have a chain and two imperil waters for a monster water squad. Plus, Locke's dagger is getting maxed out with Rosettas, as it has a native holy boost. Now I'll definitely need to try for Kimahri's USB (water-elemental radiant shield) when it's available.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, wow. Tonight's pulls were really, really good for me.

Celerity was 4/11, which may be a new record for me - three rainbows and one disco. The disco was Zidane's OSB, the rainbows were Leila's BSB and both of Lightning's BSBs.

Support was 3/11, only SSBs. Setzer's Red Card (the Full Break with a chance to double-proc), Barret's Ungarmax, and Ramza's Chant because Me damnit every time I pull on a Ramza banner I get another Me damned Ramza relic.

Sure, the SUP banner was some meh pulls, but it was 3/11, in an evening that gave me seven relics for 50 mythril, three of which were BSBs and one of which was an OSB. So, overall, good night.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

support draw: Tyro's Last Judgment book (ugh) and Larsa's Heal/Haste staff (meh). Bah.

Celerity draw: Vaan's Ark Blast BSB (lowers mag and def a lot, situational, but good stat dagger which I was lacking), and RAIJIN CID OSB. Worth it.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Well, since nobody answered, I threw caution to the wind and pulled at both with no remorse. Did a mild calculation and I still got 56 Mythril; between the upcoming 50 Mythril, the three events where I won't invest a thing, the daily draws (for three events, that's three weeks, therefore 21 days more or less, thus a cycle of 26 Mythril), and any Classic/Elite event I finish, I should get about 100 extra Mythril, which is good for four pulls on Lucky Draws, plus a single pull at a single ExtremeFest banner. If I can stretch it a bit more, I might make a fifth LD draw. All three seem so good, but I might skip Curaga Medica in any case.

Thus, I began by randomly choosing the Celerity Draw. No big surprises here, folks, and I could have sit this one out, but it was a decent draw:
    • Leila's Pirate Gloves! Another II relic, for a character I don't use. Kinda underwhelming.
    • Tidus' Force Saber! Yeah, most likely a dud, except Tidus has absolutely zero relics, so it's a win in either case. Plus, it gets a boost from Rikku's Machinations. Also, it's a not-Rikku item.
    • Thancred's Air Knives! Now Thancred can do ninja stuff, though his Hastega is lost with Papalymo doing his Sheepmode, so it's kinda iffy.

I saw three Supers (and no THUNDER GOD SWORD), and I said "I feel cheated, so let's do the Support Draw because I demand satisfaction!!" Remember I said that, other than the Keeper's Burst, I had no Support Bursts?
    • Edward's Lamia Harp! Not only another IV relic, but also the key to Team Holy's completion. With Agrias, Firion, Warrior of Light and Edward, Team Holy can exist. Plus, it's a IV Burst - something that's always welcome, because IV synergy is atrocious.
    • Setzer's Deathstrike Darts! You mean I got one of the cooler debuffing Support bursts? Awesome! That also means that Setzer becomes the definite debuffer for the VI team. Feel bad for Mog, because his relic just became obsolete...
    • Quina's Qu Garb! In hir words: "I...so happy." It's a burst for a realm I have little synergy on, and it's a strong Full Break with physical and magical improvements. Easily a match for Setzer's cheating Burst.

I can say I feel that I won the Support Burst, what with three truly awesome relics dropped like mere candy. That means I wasted my luck for the Black Mage banner, but I'll do it out of chivalric devotion nonetheless. What can it be, 1/11 and a red Mage sword from an already bloated realm that can use some more that happens to be one of the few blasted disco balls I get?
    On Lawful Good:

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Sadly I only had enough mythril to do one of the LD's(due to pulling once on the XI banner and once on the first X banner), but it did get me Prishe's Burst, which is something I really wanted out of the XI banner, so that literally made it worthwhile for me. I also got Tyro's Last Judgement Grimoire, which gives me 5 of his SB's, lol. I might try to run through the dungeons I haven't done, see if I can't scrape up 21 more mythril to do the Support Lucky Draw.

I also got a 4* that I've never seen before, the Royal Crown(VI realm). Looks nifty at the very least. Is it a newer one, or have I just really been unlucky in never seeing it before today?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucky draw time!

Or should I say "Lucky". Support draw, the one I drew because I *really* really, really need to get myself some decent support relics? Yeah I got a dupe. A Ramza dupe. They didn't have the decency to even give me a new Ramza relic if they had to give me even more Ramza stuff. It's like the game doesn't want me to get decent support relics.

Celerity went a bit better. Only relatively though. I got Vaan's OSB, which is a weak OSB on a weak character, and TGCid's Super, which since I've got his OSB is a waste of gauge and I'm better off just using Powerchain. But at least it's bonus stats to make TGCid even more obscenely powerful.

Still... I had high hopes for these two banners. And they let me down hard.

EDIT: Also, since Rikku can apparently do ALL THE THINGS, I think it's only fair that Paine gets access to Support 4 or 5, since her natural class in X-2 is the one that delivers breaks there, and that Yuna gets access to Bard 4 or 5 because it is a plot point that she is a very good singer, possibly dancer too what with how the Songstress class works, and also Machinist or Sharpshooter to represent her Gunner class. Also, they play Blitzball so it makes sense to give em Blitzball access too.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2017-05-24 at 03:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439

Vaan is a weak character? We're talking about high base attack Thief 5 plus support 4 and Lifesiphon Vaan here?

Anyway, my draw results:

Support - was really hoping to win big here, I don't have much (besides Shout and OK BSB, which is all I really need in non-CM.) Got a big pile of relics:

Keeper USB: It's a USB and status blink sounds cool, but I don't have wall and I just don't see bringing the Keeper without wall. But hey, 6* light armor with silence resistance!

Minfillia BSB - looks pretty standard, but not too shabby. And I desperately need 14 synergy.

Minfillia SSB - boost ga plus last stand, alright.

Setzer Red Card (dupe) - meh, this was lame the first time around. If I want setzer to full break someone, I'll just give him my R3 full break.

Celerity - was less certain what I wanted from this.

Tidus Razzmatazz - Already had his OSB, so it's not a big deal. Still, could be good for multiple opponents or if I just want to en-water before using the overstrike to totally dunk on some water-vulnerable jerk.

Rikku's BSB (dupe ) - brilliant! The first time.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Level 1 is pretty weak yeah.

Vaan's burst is fantastic, but outside of it, he can't equip Full Break and I can't make use of his thief abilities because I have none honed. Thieves are simply too scarce (when it comes to relics I have) for me to justify mugging skills.

He'll probably still show up on my XII teams though. Basch, Ashe, Penelo, Balthier and Larsa all have relics already. Ashe has her OSB and her Teamheal, Larsa has his heal and hastega, Penelo has even more heals and dancing and Basch has his phys blink. The only one I could really see him beat out is Balthier, since while I have Balthier's burst... it's Balthier's burst.