New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXVIII: Get. In. The. BAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Umbreon's CP is total garbage though. Use Sakura on your good Eevees.

So far there don't seem to be new regional exclusives.
    As far as we know, the nickname trick is still good for only one use of each nickname- beyond that, everything goes back to being random.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is there anything worse to try and chain in Sun/Moon than Drampa? I thought Bruxish was bad, taking 4-5 turns on average to get reinforcements, but only two successful SOS calls in 37 turns from a Pokemon that took 45 minutes just to encounter once sure is irritating. Trying to get this HA will have to wait until I have a whole day to dedicate to it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Is there anything worse to try and chain in Sun/Moon than Drampa? I thought Bruxish was bad, taking 4-5 turns on average to get reinforcements, but only two successful SOS calls in 37 turns from a Pokemon that took 45 minutes just to encounter once sure is irritating. Trying to get this HA will have to wait until I have a whole day to dedicate to it.
    Geodude is likely a similar or greater challenge- if only due to having self-destruct at any level you can encounter them.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

I.....i just lost Mudbray to the Totem Salazzle which is acceptable. But I also lost Wishiwashi to a Lv 20 Magikarp which is entirely NOT OKAY. This shall be the run of stupid mistakes.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I.....i just lost Mudbray to the Totem Salazzle which is acceptable. But I also lost Wishiwashi to a Lv 20 Magikarp which is entirely NOT OKAY. This shall be the run of stupid mistakes.
    Yeah, that's kind of impressive.... what happened?
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of impressive.... what happened?
    Let's just say I was on 25% life, Schooling didn't trigger, I pushed "Flee" and was unable to flee, resulting in a high rolled Tackle KO. Oh and I lost Grimer AND Torracat to Lurantis. Good lord, the run started sooo well. :(

Trying to puzzle together a team vs Olivia now with Hariyama, Trumbeak, Fletchinder, Cottonee, Herdier (good girl!) and Morelull. Reserve are Cutiefly, Magikarp, Fomantis, Wimpod, Spearow, Yungoos, Metapod (Lv 22....). I feel like I will wipe to Olivia.

Ok, got Tortouga (counting as encounter in Konikoni) and will use 10% Zygarde. e: Got a Raticate and everyone surived Olivia.
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-02-17 at 12:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Let's just say I was on 25% life, Schooling didn't trigger, I pushed "Flee" and was unable to flee, resulting in a high rolled Tackle KO. Oh and I lost Grimer AND Torracat to Lurantis. Good lord, the run started sooo well. :(

Trying to puzzle together a team vs Olivia now with Hariyama, Trumbeak, Fletchinder, Cottonee, Herdier (good girl!) and Morelull. Reserve are Cutiefly, Magikarp, Fomantis, Wimpod, Spearow, Yungoos, Metapod (Lv 22....). I feel like I will wipe to Olivia.

Ok, got Tortouga (counting as encounter in Konikoni) and will use 10% Zygarde. e: Got a Raticate and everyone surived Olivia.
    I'm not surprised- the Lurantis fight was where I really started wondering whether or not I wanted to Nuzlocke Sun/Moon. Pre-buffed fully evolved pokemon carrying a Z-crystal (or was it an insta-recharge like White Herb?... nah, probably a Z-crystal) and the new physical Solarbeam (surprise!) AND sunny day AND a support pokemon.

Maybe you just go all-in and Firium Z it on turn one?
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Just calced it. Would've been an easy OHKO with Fire Fang Z. That makes it all the more frustrating. I wanted to give a Trumbeak a chance.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Geodude is likely a similar or greater challenge- if only due to having self-destruct at any level you can encounter them.
    Nah, get yourself a Parasect with its hidden ability, Damp. It prevents Self-destruct, resists most of geodude's offensive moves, learns Spore to make capture easy, and has access to False Swipe. Give it some Leftovers and it'll have plenty of bulk for the task.

Yous just need to tailor your team for a hunt. I just used a Reuniclus with Recover and Imprison to chain for a shiny Mareanie, because Corsolas with Recover are pains in the butt. Also I always have my Harvest Trevenant with Trick and Skill Swap to stick the target with infinite Leppa berries (FYI Skill Swap doesn't work on Mimikyu, try to get one to Mimic Recycle).

Drampa's worst moves are, what, Thunder Wave, Dragonbreath, and Extrasensory? Maybe use Tapu Koko and any moves that'll lower Drampa's special attack ( edit: Tapu Koko can learn Confide) Or some other Fairy type that can't be paralyzed. Then you can pay it the minimum amount of attention while you wait for those dang calls.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2017-02-17 at 11:09 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

My team is recuperating. I just hope it's enough to survive Mimikyu. Got to Ula'Ula and beat Vikavolt. Learning from my mistake vs. Lurantis, I got my Stoutland Palutena* the Rockium Z and started off with a Continental Crush to 25% life.

Current team:
    Raticate Big Boy - my secret weapon vs. Mimikyu
    Stoutland Palutena* - goooood girl <3
    Hariyama Theredras - helping me through dark times
    Fletchinder Phoenix - I knooow creative name... next on my priority to evolve. Won't help vs. Golisopod but vs. Ariados.
    Tirtouga Roshi /w Eviolite - my only hope vs. Golisopod, I am sure glad it has Sturdy
    Ribombee Mog - I was skeptical, then it evolved. Was still skeptical, now it has some GREAT special moves.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Nah, get yourself a Parasect with its hidden ability, Damp. It prevents Self-destruct, resists most of geodude's offensive moves, learns Spore to make capture easy, and has access to False Swipe. Give it some Leftovers and it'll have plenty of bulk for the task.

Yous just need to tailor your team for a hunt. I just used a Reuniclus with Recover and Imprison to chain for a shiny Mareanie, because Corsolas with Recover are pains in the butt. Also I always have my Harvest Trevenant with Trick and Skill Swap to stick the target with infinite Leppa berries (FYI Skill Swap doesn't work on Mimikyu, try to get one to Mimic Recycle).

Drampa's worst moves are, what, Thunder Wave, Dragonbreath, and Extrasensory? Maybe use Tapu Koko and any moves that'll lower Drampa's special attack ( edit: Tapu Koko can learn Confide) Or some other Fairy type that can't be paralyzed. Then you can pay it the minimum amount of attention while you wait for those dang calls.
    Parasect had no way of ability checking pre-Bank, though, so I used a Damp Golduck with Disable and a Pangoro with Entrainment to chain for Galvanize Geodude. Even with the type disadvantage, at level 71 Golduck wasn't taking more damage than Leftovers could heal. (Now chaining Riolu might just be impossible, as there's no way to stop Final Gambit.)

Drampa's moveset isn't any problem, it's how boring it is to keep "using" Adrenaline Orbs while waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

12. - Top - End - #192

I'm not surprised- the Lurantis fight was where I really started wondering whether or not I wanted to Nuzlocke Sun/Moon. Pre-buffed fully evolved pokemon carrying a Z-crystal (or was it an insta-recharge like White Herb?... nah, probably a Z-crystal) and the new physical Solarbeam (surprise!) AND sunny day AND a support pokemon.

Totem Lurantis holds a Power Herb. I specifically remember being surprised once I saw the "Power Herb took effect!" message, followed by the Pokémon I had out fainting before being able to attack. That fight was the most difficult Totem Pokémon battle out of the seven in the game.

None of the Totem Pokémon hold Z-Crystals in battle.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2017-02-18 at 10:28 AM.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

Devil

Smeargle with Self Destruct and Imprison helps here somewhat.

Edit; Alternatively, Damp.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2017-02-18 at 12:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Colossus in the Playground

As far as we know, the nickname trick is still good for only one use of each nickname- beyond that, everything goes back to being random.
    It's confirmed that an Eevee walked for 10+ km evolves into Espeon during the day and Umbreon during the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    It's confirmed that an Eevee walked for 10+ km evolves into Espeon during the day and Umbreon during the night.
    Is that 100%? And do they need to be your buddy at the time? I believe I saw someone claiming that they had a 100km eevee that turned into a gen 1 evolution.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Smeargle with Self Destruct and Imprison helps here somewhat.

Edit; Alternatively, Damp.
    How exactly does one get a Smeargle with Self Destruct?
    SnakePirate avatar by CheesePirate

Running Emerald City Knights (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Translation: when Bahamut called "Dibs!" on your soul the devils sat back down, muttering under their breaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by TricksyAndFalse View Post
    4E Druids tap into the Primal Beast to wild shape. The Primal Beast cares not for your technicalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gametime View Post
    I think we can all agree that optimizing a Beholder Mage beyond being a Beholder Mage is safely in the realm of "overkill" to begin with.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Is that 100%? And do they need to be your buddy at the time? I believe I saw someone claiming that they had a 100km eevee that turned into a gen 1 evolution.
    Yes, it must currently be your buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Nate the Snake View Post
    I suspect you would need to have it sketch a pokemon that tried to use it while another pokemon had damp was on the field.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nate the Snake View Post
    By way of double battles maybe? Field a team of Smeargle/Geodude, have Smeargle be fast and know protect, Geodude holds iron ball so it always goes last. Smeargle protects, opponenent's pokemon do whatever, Geodude explodes. Smeargle can trace Selfdestruct next turn.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Does Sketch still grab moves that weren't executed because the opponent was asleep? That'd make it easy.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I suspect you would need to have it sketch a pokemon that tried to use it while another pokemon had damp was on the field.
    I thought this would be the way, turns out it cannot do that, according to Bulbapedia.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Which page on Bulbapedia? The page for Sketch says:
    Generations III-V
    Sketch can now be used to copy Selfdestruct and Explosion when used in a battle with a Pokémon with the Damp Ability.
    Then the "Generation VI onwards" section only details changes for Metronome, Transform, and new mechanics since that generation, so you'd normally just keep the III-V information as still valid.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

You know the RNG is just taking the urine when you get a SECOND male 6-IV Contrary male snivy before you get your aimed-for all-but-attack contary female. Haha RNG. It is to laugh.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-02-21 at 05:47 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Nuzlocke Mk II continues.

After Demon Mimikyu we have to mourn Big Boy the Raticate which honestly wasn't the hard-counter I expected him to be. Play Rough hits like a truck. I also lost Ten-tickles the Tentacool. She was so young and brave. Also Mog, the Ribombee. The Pokemon is great but it lacks the tankyness required for today's Nuzlocke needs.

After loosing Hariyama to a wild Crabrawler (yes, the run of stupid mistakes continues) my new team which beat Guzma is as follows.
    Lv 33 10% Zygarde - honestly underwhelming movepool and not what I expected from its stat total
    Lv 41 Stoutland Palutena - she is so tanky and can learn all the required TMs to fill gaps in my team. She currently thinks she is an electric type!
    Lv 37 Carracosta Roshi - I didn't expect him to be THAT powerful to be honest. Dealt with Guzma's Golisopod adequately and was a boon even as Tirtouga (I forgot the Eviolite and didn't even notice it until after evolving it
    Lv 39 Talonflame Phoenix - good speed, solid defenses and a decent movepool. But this being the run of stupid mistakes I will probably run into the not-so-obvious Rock type move.
    Lv 32 Golisopod Bromley - finally evolved that one Wimpod I caught on the beach, I am impressed. I have to get a Heartscale and relearn Razor Shell
    Lv 28 Shiinotic Toad - I wanted to try it, I could use a Fairy type and Grass type but I am honestly at a loss on which moveset to use.

I want to replace the red choices but I don't really have viable options in my boxes. I caught an Ariados but I already have a better Bug type now. I got another Graveler but I need to evolve it to be of any use.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Nuzlocke Mk II continues.

After Demon Mimikyu we have to mourn Big Boy the Raticate which honestly wasn't the hard-counter I expected him to be. Play Rough hits like a truck.
    Doesn't help that it was Super Effective.

26. - Top - End - #206

Spoiler: Final Battle Information
    Show
    Does Kukui read your team's items during your battle with him for the champion title?

When I was repeatedly facing him (due to my team not even having broken Lv50 yet during the battle), I figured out that I could lure him into switching Lycanroc for out Decidueye after Lycanroc took a hit from my Crabominable, and punish the switch in with an Ice Punch. However, this strategy wasn't perfectly consistent, he sometime just used a Full Restore on Lycanroc and left it in indefinitely. However, when I changed my items around so that instead of my Vikavolt holding an Electrium Z, my Milotic held a Groundium Z to deal 4x SE to Magnezone, Kukui started only using a Full Restore on Lycanroc on turn 2, then switching Magnezone in for Lycanroc instead after Crabominable struck Lycanroc with an Ice Punch meant for Decidueye.

However, I did turn the game off and back on again before switching items around, and this could just be salty pareidolia. (I only managed to win the champion battle by getting lucky with my Lax Incense Mimikyu.)

EDIT: After thinking about it further, this is probably frustration fueled pareidolia.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2017-02-23 at 10:51 AM.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lv 33 10% Zygarde - honestly underwhelming movepool and not what I expected from its stat total
    Hunt for the Zygarde Cores, they're exclusive Move Tutors accessed through the cube. Extreme Speed and Thousand Arrows means you actually probably won't have much use for coverage moves. The Cores for those two moves specifically are on Melemele Island.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Hunt for the Zygarde Cores, they're exclusive Move Tutors accessed through the cube. Extreme Speed and Thousand Arrows means you actually probably won't have much use for coverage moves. The Cores for those two moves specifically are on Melemele Island.
    Well, with Zygarde being a cell-based Pokemon and with it being Dragon type I expected a bit more coverage. Like a good Dragon type attack (Outrage is too unsafe for Nuzlockes), Fire, Water, Electric or at least Ice type moves. Atm it takes the place of a versatile Ground type but sadly without the tankyness.
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-02-22 at 11:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

Devil

50% with Sub/DDannce with Bulldoze or Land's Wrath. I'd say Coil but that needs like level 70+ and Earthquake is post E4. Land's Wrath is 90BP however and you may have it already.

Using Leftovers to heal when behind a Sub, and either Sludge Wave (PoniPoni poke shop IIRC) for any fairies that try to swap in, meaning that Ice is your only real bug bear when you set up a Sub and Dance dance away. Alternatively, Toxic and using XDef/XSpecDefs for a stall leaves Magnezone, and maybe Skarmory thanks to Roost+Whirlwind your only real worry IMHO.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2017-02-23 at 02:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Well, with Zygarde being a cell-based Pokemon and with it being Dragon type I expected a bit more coverage. Like a good Dragon type attack (Outrage is too unsafe for Nuzlockes), Fire, Water, Electric or at least Ice type moves. Atm it takes the place of a versatile Ground type but sadly without the tankyness.
    10% Zygarde is, as the name implies, only 10% of a Pokemon. Or 20% of one, depending on your perspective RE: 50% Zygarde.

Makes sense that it is pretty meh overall.