New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Shingle Fiasco

Avita looks at Eric, looks at Oligar, and back at Eric again for a long, uncomfortable moment. Then she says; "When I say "scout ahead" I mean you move ahead of the main party. Stealthily. Quiet-like as it were. And keep looking for demons and such. If you do see one, find some way to signal us. Again, Quiet-like. There's no use running back to us saying you can't find any demons every six seconds. We're in the middle of a square. we don't need keen elven senses to spot that there's no demon within sight."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Avita looks at Eric, looks at Oligar, and back at Eric again for a long, uncomfortable moment. Then she says; "When I say "scout ahead" I mean you move ahead of the main party. Stealthily. Quiet-like as it were. And keep looking for demons and such. If you do see one, find some way to signal us. Again, Quiet-like. There's no use running back to us saying you can't find any demons every six seconds. We're in the middle of a square. we don't need keen elven senses to spot that there's no demon within sight."
    "Why didn't you say that in the first time?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Sarim looks at Eric and raises an eyebrow, arms still crossed. "You be a curious sort, even fer an elf." He then looks up at the tower. "So we're just leavin' to get ready, eh? That was quick, 'side from th' blasted demon attack."

4. - Top - End - #244

"Hurry up and wait. It's always like this, public sector especially", says Avita with a sidelong look at Sarim. And then she draws her dagger.

Wee Jas's symbol is skull. But everyone's got one of those. And her weapon is a dagger, so a dagger will have to do. Back very straight and eyes front, Avita breathes a short prayer.

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Stern Lady of Acheron, please remember your most wayward servant who remains your servant still. Please give strength to my arm and precision to my aim, that we may avoid such embuggerances of fortune as we just emerged from, and when the Drow meets his inevitable horrific and painful death, please may it take a shape and form that it can't be pinned on me. Cheers"

She puts the dagger away, and smiles all around. "Right, we ready?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving the tower with Oligar in tow, your party walks down the high street from earlier for a good five minutes, with Eric scouting through the burned streets ahead. Just he approaches the pile of rubble blocking the street, Eric hears something that sounds disturbing like drumming, along with the stamping of small feet, coming from the other side of the rubble. Aside from these noises, the streets are strangely silent. Whoever happens to be celebrating, they are doing so without uttering a word.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I made Eric's rolls for you, hope that's alright. He got:
    Spot: 18
    Listen: 23
    Move Silently: 25
    Hide: 15

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Do you see anything? Silvet whispers out.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247

Moving silently as she can, Avita slips forward and hands Eric her small steel mirror, miming as well as she can the act of holding it up to see over an obstacle.

Move Silently (1d20+1)[2]
    Perform (Non-Verbal Communication) (1d20+3)[11]

[Another Natural One. I'm just going to take 10 on those things in future.]

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

OOC: Sure. I don't mind that you roll for me.

"Yes Slivet. I'm seeing that the townspeople are celebrating. More like a happy event."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-01-21 at 09:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Avita finds herself standing, staring at Eric, holding onto the mirror. Then she turns to Sarim, holds a finger to her lips, and gestures the Dworc over.

"Can you give me a boost to get up on the barricade?" she whispers urgently. "Might be quieter than if I climb up myself. Just up to below the top, so I can try the mirror and look over the edge."

10. - Top - End - #250

MonkGirl

Sarim listens to Avita's request and nods, whispering back. "Aye, I c'n do that."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming it's a strength check: (1d20+4)[17]

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarim gives the much smaller Avita a boost, allowing her to get a firm foothold and stick the mirror just above the cracked and burnt stones of the roadblock. On the other side of the barricade, there appears to be a group of 8 human children, naked, none older than 6 or 7, but with a bloody, gaping stump where their head should be. A clawed, scaly hand protrudes from the hole, always grasping at the air, in an apparent attempt to do everything around it harm. The "children," if they can be called that, are stumbling around the street in a crude facsimile of dance, while one beats a pair of leather bongos. Occasionally one of the children will claw one of it's compatriots in passing, but they hardly seem to give it notice.

They have not noticed you - indeed, you're unsure whether it is possible for them to do so, as they appear to lack any sensory organs.

12. - Top - End - #252

Avita's a necromancer, has gone though unholy rituals designed to change the nature of her basic life-force; and she goes pale. Not quite knowing what she's going to say, she turn toward the group. "Horror." she whispers. "Children who've had their heads replaced with hands. Animate. Bewitched. Stumbling around blindly. I don't don't know--WHAT this is. I don't know--WHY anyone would do it." she whispers urgently.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Avita's a necromancer, has gone though unholy rituals designed to change the nature of her basic life-force; and she goes pale. Not quite knowing what she's going to say, she turn toward the group. "Horror." she whispers. "Children who've had their heads replaced with hands. Animate. Bewitched. Stumbling around blindly. I don't don't know--WHAT this is. I don't know--WHY anyone would do it." she whispers urgently.
    "That's so creepy in so many levels."

14. - Top - End - #254

Avita, jaw set, quietly removed her grappling hook for her backpack and wedges it firmly into a chink of the barricade, then spools the attached rope down toward the others to facilitate their climb. "Whatever they are. Whatever they're for. It's nothing good. Nothing right. Nothing that can be bourne. We end it now."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait... heads replaced with hands? How does that even work? How can they see, or hear, or... Avita, try somehing: grab a stone, or something, and throw it to see if they react."

Spoiler: Links & GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

16. - Top - End - #256

Avita nods, finds an appropriate pebble, and throws it as far as she can. Trying to get it to land on the other side of the group of things.

Strength Check (1d20+1)[15]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Those children might be demons. Creepy demons."

18. - Top - End - #258

MonkGirl

"Heads replaced with-... What in blazes would think that's a good idea? I sure don't, and I ain't sayin' I'm smart." A wicked grin crosses his face, pushing up and exaggerating his small orcish tusks. "But if that makes 'em easy prey, I still ain't gonna feel bad about spillin' their blood."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kushina43 View Post
    "Heads replaced with-... What in blazes would think that's a good idea? I sure don't, and I ain't sayin' I'm smart." A wicked grin crosses his face, pushing up and exaggerating his small orcish tusks. "But if that makes 'em easy prey, I still ain't gonna feel bad about spillin' their blood."
    "Whatever they are. I'm not sure If they're even friendly. I could probably imagine what their parents are like. If they've parents?"
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-01-22 at 06:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    "Whatever they are. I'm not sure If they're even friendly. I could probably imagine what their parents are like. If they've parents?"
    "Maybe they had parents. If they were turned into... what they are now, then they may have been normal children. Avita, any reaction?"

Spoiler: Links & GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

21. - Top - End - #261
    Colossus in the Playground

Right-breathe fire at them, and do your best to not look at them. I don't WANT to see them, Silvet says.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

The small stone thrown by Avita flies over the group, bounces a couple times, and lands on the cobblestones with a clatter. One child stops it's prancing for a moment to grope at the stone, but apparently finds it uninteresting and rejoins the dance.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"What? The creature didn't feel anything like it was nothing."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-01-22 at 08:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

"One of them noticed it fall. The closest. But it didn't seem to think much about it. They all just keep dancing, and banging the bongo, and trying to claw at each other and missing." Avita speaks quickly and low. "Their neck stumps-where the hands come from-they're red and bloody. They've been made like this and recently".

She adds tonelessly. "I doubt they can see or hear. Probably can feel vibrations."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"One of them noticed it fall. The closest. But it didn't seem to think much about it. They all just keep dancing, and banging the bongo, and trying to claw at each other and missing." Avita speaks quickly and low. "Their neck stumps-where the hands come from-they're red and bloody. They've been made like this and recently".

She adds tonelessly. "I doubt they can see or hear. Probably can feel vibrations."
    "Maybe we should get a little closer and speak to whatever it is."

26. - Top - End - #266

Avita is spending a lot of time today staring at Eric, and not because his hair is pretty.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"What's wrong Avita? You've been staring at me all day."

28. - Top - End - #268

Avita promptly turns to the rest of the party that is not Eric. "Anyone wish to get up here with me so that we can commence Operation Put These Creepy Frelling Things Down So We Can Move On And Forget We Ever Saw This?"

29. - Top - End - #269

MonkGirl

"I'd be up for it, I need to spill some more blood today after the last mess. "

30. - Top - End - #270

Avita skins her teeth, and taps the rope significantly.