New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Would you watch/have watched a live action mark hamil playing joker batman movie?

Im honestly curious. The dude did one of the best jobs ever as the joker voice in BtAS and all its related films and such, do you think he could have put on the makeup, gone on stage, and delivered just as epic a performance that way too? Also, do you think he is too old now to pull it off? Or would there be a way to work with that? You know, sort of do a film based on batman, who has been doing this for far too long and even his rogues gallery is getting too old for this ^%$^% Like the upcoming logan film, only batman.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Would you watch/have watched a live action mark hamil playing joker batman movie?

I`d honestly buy that.

I mean something along the lines "Hey Bats, what do you say, shall I put the Makeup on one last time?" or somesuch, with Hamills voice?

Sign me up. He is Old, true, and not a great actor outside his voice, but then again, with the makeup and the right script all he needs IS his Voice. ;)
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Would you watch/have watched a live action mark hamil playing joker batman movie?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    I`d honestly buy that.

I mean something along the lines "Hey Bats, what do you say, shall I put the Makeup on one last time?" or somesuch, with Hamills voice?

Sign me up. He is Old, true, and not a great actor outside his voice, but then again, with the makeup and the right script all he needs IS his Voice. ;)
    Hearing that as a tag line would probably give me a chill. Im picturing it now, totally minimalist, maybe just seeing his mouth with everything else in shadows. He delivers that line, gives that iconic laugh, and it fades to black.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    I`d honestly buy that.

Sign me up. He is Old, true, and not a great actor outside his voice, but then again, with the makeup and the right script AND the right director all he needs IS his Voice. ;)
    Allow me to modify that a bit....

But you do have it pegged. The right script and right director can get you a great performance from even a mediocre actor. But getting even one of those wrong can ruin a performance in a way that no actor can save.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hearing that as a tag line would probably give me a chill. Im picturing it now, totally minimalist, maybe just seeing his mouth with everything else in shadows. He delivers that line, gives that iconic laugh, and it fades to black.
    Exactly what I imagined. Happy to have inspired :)

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Allow me to modify that a bit....

But you do have it pegged. The right script and right director can get you a great performance from even a mediocre actor. But getting even one of those wrong can ruin a performance in a way that no actor can save.

Agreed.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

6. - Top - End - #6

This would make for an awesome batman. The drama of a batman who is just about over the hill for being a super hero, but cant quite bring himself to give it up yet. He has no apprentice to take over, the robins have all moved on (nightwing) died, or left the bat clan, so its still up to him. The action of a batman who may have lost a step, but is still clearly dangerous, possibly having to compensate for old injuries and the general ravages of time. The joker is willing to acknowledge this fact that they arent getting any younger and use it as part of whatever crazy plot he has in mind.

Now, who would you cast as a middle aged batman? He has to be old, but still capable of moving and fighting as batman, (or give him some minor power armor to compensate) So that at the end of the movie, something happens, and bruce hangs up the cowl for the last time after finally stopping the joker. (It might even open the door for a batman beyond movie)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This would make for an awesome batman. The drama of a batman who is just about over the hill for being a super hero, but cant quite bring himself to give it up yet. He has no apprentice to take over, the robins have all moved on (nightwing) died, or left the bat clan, so its still up to him. The action of a batman who may have lost a step, but is still clearly dangerous, possibly having to compensate for old injuries and the general ravages of time. The joker is willing to acknowledge this fact that they arent getting any younger and use it as part of whatever crazy plot he has in mind.

Now, who would you cast as a middle aged batman? He has to be old, but still capable of moving and fighting as batman, (or give him some minor power armor to compensate) So that at the end of the movie, something happens, and bruce hangs up the cowl for the last time after finally stopping the joker. (It might even open the door for a batman beyond movie)
    Dicaprio is middle aged, so was Batfleck. My real answer would be Sean Bean or Denzel Washington.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Sean Bean
    Yeah, I'd watch that.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Just a point: Hamill did do a live-action Joker.

This was The Trickster, a villain on The Flash TV series - the original one that aired 1990-91, not the new one. Played by Hamill.

B:TAS aired starting in 1992, after Hamill's appearance as Trickster. In some ways, Trickster was his rehearsal for the more iconic Joker.

And as for whether Hamill could do it now? He did that, too. In the more recent The Flash series, he revived the character of The Trickster. Because that show has been all about giving cameos to veterans of the original.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Doesn't this boil down to asking for a live action The Dark Knight Returns? At least the Joker parts of it? Not that there is anything wrong with that - I'd love to see it.

As to the cast, I'd probably go with Stallone. He's about the only one I can think of who is both old enough and in good enough shape to pull it off.

11. - Top - End - #11

I can imagine that act one of the movie is Wayne trying to keep up with a sudden spike in crime, culminating in his discovery that the Joker is behind it. He goes to Arkham, walks down the dilapidated corridor to the Joker's cell while listening to the Joker give his spiel. As he turns the corner to the cell, we see a mouth, without make-up, in the darkness and hear, "What do ya say, bats? Shall I put on the paint one last time?" Then, we hear the laugh and the joker breaks out of prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Dicaprio is middle aged, so was Batfleck. My real answer would be Sean Bean or Denzel Washington.
    Michael Keaton? He's Hamill's age.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
    As to the cast, I'd probably go with Stallone. He's about the only one I can think of who is both old enough and in good enough shape to pull it off.
    Euh...

"Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I like where my little insirational line is leading us.

I agree to Sean bean being quite THE Cast both for "Principles lead to "oom" as well as "Too old to do this ****, but doing it (one last time) any way".

Yeah, I`d watch that. Very much.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I can imagine that act one of the movie is Wayne trying to keep up with a sudden spike in crime, culminating in his discovery that the Joker is behind it. He goes to Arkham, walks down the dilapidated corridor to the Joker's cell while listening to the Joker give his spiel. As he turns the corner to the cell, we see a mouth, without make-up, in the darkness and hear, "What do ya say, bats? Shall I put on the paint one last time?" Then, we hear the laugh and the joker breaks out of prison.
    That could be it, or it doesnt even have to be an actual spike in crime, just us seeing a batman having a harder and harder time keeping up with things. He isnt as fast agile and strong anymore, so he gets hurt more, he doesnt heal as fast anymore, so the next night out he is that much worse off, so its a downward spiral in his condition. Or, correct me if im wrong, but in at least some runs of batman, there has been a sort of connection there between them. So I could see the joker realizing that they are both getting too old for this, so he sets up this meeting where he drops the line, then we have this big event of some sort.

The joker is literally creating a grand finale for them both, so it has to be epic. Some crazy classic joker plot on a vast scale culminating in a final showdown between these two old men who have been fighting each other for so long. I could even see them going a "they both die in the end" route. Heart attack, injuries pile up, whatever, they both fight to the death and neither of them walks away. It would be almost poetic in a way if they go by the keaton background where the joker killed bruces parents as a common thug, thus creating batman, then batman created the joker due to an accident while chasing him down in the chemical factory. They both made each other, its only fitting that they both end each other.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Im honestly curious. The dude did one of the best jobs ever as the joker voice in BtAS and all its related films and such, do you think he could have put on the makeup, gone on stage, and delivered just as epic a performance that way too?
    Going to agree with everything Red Fel said in response to this part. The Joker is all makeup and impossible grins, anyway, so I wouldn't be averse to a little motion capture special effects help on getting a more stylized look, as seen in Batman: The Animated Series, or Arkham Asylum's Joker.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, do you think he is too old now to pull it off? Or would there be a way to work with that? You know, sort of do a film based on batman, who has been doing this for far too long and even his rogues gallery is getting too old for this ^%$^% Like the upcoming logan film, only batman.
    Well, Batman being too old is already covered in The Dark Knight Returns. ...and The Dark Knight Strikes Again. ...and The Dark Knight III. I would rather see Mark Hamill get a sequel to Comic Book: the Movie than adapting Frank Miller's work.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I may be the only one, but I'd pay good money to find out whether Kevin Conroy can do Batman live-action as well as he can voice-acting the character. A story like The Dark Knight Returns or even a film version of the Batman Beyond show would be perfect for me.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I may be the only one, but I'd pay good money to find out whether Kevin Conroy can do Batman live-action as well as he can voice-acting the character. A story like The Dark Knight Returns or even a film version of the Batman Beyond show would be perfect for me.
    I wouldn't say you're the only one, but I am wary that a live-action Batman Beyond project wouldn't get an ending until years later, as was the case for the series. Also, would Mark Hamill be stuck as one of the regular gang members, or would he get to reprise his role as the guy who caused Mr. Feeze's accident? Beyond did have a Mr. Freeze episode.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    I wouldn't say you're the only one, but I am wary that a live-action Batman Beyond project wouldn't get an ending until years later, as was the case for the series. Also, would Mark Hamill be stuck as one of the regular gang members, or would he get to reprise his role as the guy who caused Mr. Feeze's accident? Beyond did have a Mr. Freeze episode.
    There is always the return of the joker. A movie where the new future batman has to deal with the OG Joker.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We're getting Mark Hamill, so why in the gods' green earth are we not getting Conroy? I mean, he's not as famous mainstream, and he's more of a theatre guy, but he definitely has the look and the voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    We're getting Mark Hamill, so why in the gods' green earth are we not getting Conroy? I mean, he's not as famous mainstream, and he's more of a theatre guy, but he definitely has the look and the voice.
    No specific reason not to, its just the main focus of the topic was mark hamil playing joker live action.

22. - Top - End - #22

I'd watch this
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)