Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [IC]

Saki, Shiba and Yan

"Ah. Sarcasm. Yes."

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: Shiba Encampment

"Of course it was sarcasm. If my plan had been that from the start, I would have already been halfway to completion. I have no reason to lie about what it is I am trying to do. I have been truthful to the end." The Necromancer fixes Lord Shiba with its inscrutable gaze. "I had expected you to catch such sarcasm first. Perhaps Lord Shionin is not as foolish as she wishes to seem. I have from the start said my method and my price. Lord Shiba has already agreed to it. All the heads of the Noble Houses must promise me an oath of repayment when I require it. For such a simple price I will assist in saving not only your lives but all the lives that come after. There is a spell, ancient and vast, that can place the Soul King to sleep and in this sleep it can be sealed in the Royal Realm. The nature of the spell is not one which I can preform on my own. It requires others. Others to maintain the seal, to guard the sleeping King. A Royal Guard, whose task will forever be to act so the Soul King need never awaken and restart the cycle of destruction. This of course means they too will need to live within the Royal Realm, away from those they love. But it is a small price to pay."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Saki, Shiba and Yan
    "....Ah. I see. Sleep. That makes far more sense than killing him. That is workable, and reasonable. But the problem I see is one of whether we will actually live to see the spell successfully cast. It still sounds like we need to somehow hold him long enough for you to do that. Given the nature of the spell, I'm guessing it will have a long time to get going. I can certainly see all our armies being needed to make that work. Kuchiki's swords could certainly come in handy for that. Get all our armies together, outfit as many people as we can to wield those blades, and we might just be able to pull it off. Maybe. Its not as if I have any information on the Soul King.
    Spying on your superior is kind of a good way to get killed.

And of course a Royal Guard, we can probably just select people from our armies willing to do it. Representative Guards from all five Great Houses, all united in protecting us from the Soul King by maintaining the seal.

I think I'm starting to believe you both. On some level at least. You both are treating this matter very seriously and I highly doubt you two are capable of working together so smoothly that you could con me, nor can I see any other motive you could have for this. As for the Oath of Repayment.......hm.......I guess there does have to be a price to pay for all this. Nothing in this world is free after all. Very well, what is this Oath exactly? The exact words? So I don't mess it up?"

Saki said, making plans inside her head, while pulling up a scroll ink pot and a brush. While she was sure that he was telling the truth about the deal, it was the price that seemed vague. Vague meant open. Open meant many bad things that could happen as price paid. He was basically doing them a massive favor and was asking a massive favor in return. It would not do to make the deal lightly. Her plans were not about the Soul King, but already trying to figure out what would happen after. Not to weasel out of the deal....but how to deal with the aftermath of the price that will inevitably be paid, for while she and her family were not honorable, they did have good economic sense and knew the benefits of making a proper deal. and she could see that they were getting screwed over in some manner, but not how, and that she would have no choice but to go along with it for her safety....and the worlds safety to of course. But that doesn't mean she couldn't plan for what happened after the deal was fulfilled.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-05-31 at 04:32 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: Shiba Encampment

"No words, merely a promise. A favor for a favor. Lord Shiba has already specified that his favor cannot imperil any of his line. A fine stipulation. I suspect you will have your own. All that matters, the sole criteria, is that when I come for the payment...it is delivered." The Necromancer remained as implacable as ever, standing like some filthy monument in the Shiba halls. "Of course, I can turn down stipulation as easily as you can raise them. Do try to keep in good faith."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

An Important Deal
    Saki thinks hard upon this. This could be tricky. if she proposed too many stipulations that he would turn down, then he might not accept stipulations at all if he thought she was trying to figure out his plan. She could play it safe by just having her family be protected as well, but who would get harmed instead? However if she went with something different he might be suspicious of her stipulation and plan around it or find some different way to fulfill it while not accomplishing what she intended with the stipulation.
    ".....Very well, my stipulation is that my family line be safe as well. Accept that and I promise House Shihoin will deliver payment."
    Best to not take risks. Her House was the baseline of her power anyways, so it was best to form her plans around it anyways. She would be stipulating the same as Shiba but for different reasons. However she fully intended to go along with the deal- it was after that it was fulfilled that she was worried about. She nevertheless began writing down the terms of the deal, if only to remind herself and have physical records made. Always best to get an important deal in writing, and a deal that involved saving all of existence seemed pretty important to her.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

The Lord Shiba is otherwise silent, but nods his approval at her stipulation. It was, he thought, one of the most important to assure.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Kuchiki Household

It wasn't long afterwards before Tasnim approached the gates of the Kuchiki home, having chosen correctly and arrived quite close to her intended destination, nothing more than a short walk before she could approach the gate and observe it contemplatively for a moment. Lord Kuchiki was unlikely to be home at the moment, he was a surprisingly busy man, so there was little need for an ostentatious approach to ensure that he took her seriously...since he very well might not be there in the first place.

So instead she rapped the curved end of her staff against the doorway, a much louder rapping noise than should have been created filling the air as she waits to see who's attention she's garnered.
    The walls surrounding the manor loom before Tasnim as her rapping echoes through the air. She can almost feel inquisitive stares of archers on the walls staring down on her. Soon, a hatch opens in the gate. "Who is the traveller who requests to be let inside our walls?", adjudant of the Kuchiki asks, his eyes looking through the hatch at her. "For what purpose have you come to our gates?" The mans voice is formal and controlled, but there's an undertone of hesitation to it. Maybe it's because he does not recognize her, or maybe it's because he does and is unsure how his master would want him to act.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

The Crazy Eight: Ezekiels place
    They arrive silently and in the shadows, watching and waiting, to see if there was any evidence for Lord Kuchiki retaining loyalty. He had not yet met the Soul King and therefore they could not yet pass judgement. Their orders were to ambush only when Kuchiki was proven to be loyal to the Soul King even when it was confirmed that he was going to kill everyone. Right now, his loyalty was from his own upbringing and therefore couldn't be done anything about. Nanami herself stood back farther, to escape and report the results when the time came.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The walls surrounding the manor loom before Tasnim as her rapping echoes through the air. She can almost feel inquisitive stares of archers on the walls staring down on her. Soon, a hatch opens in the gate. "Who is the traveller who requests to be let inside our walls?", adjudant of the Kuchiki asks, his eyes looking through the hatch at her. "For what purpose have you come to our gates?" The mans voice is formal and controlled, but there's an undertone of hesitation to it. Maybe it's because he does not recognize her, or maybe it's because he does and is unsure how his master would want him to act.
    Kuchiki Household

It would appear to those archers that Tasnim was waiting stoically outside of the walls waiting for a reply from whomever might be inside, but the truth wasn't quite as intimidating. The mystic traced the paths of the wood grains of the gate before her, smiling beneath her veil at the natural 'art' that could be observed, a fun way to occupy her mind while she stood there.

"Ah, yes, hello good sir," the Demon said cordially as she stepped fully into view of the hatch and gave a polite nod of her head towards the adjutant standing behind the gate. "Could you possibly inform Lord Kuchiki that I have come to speak with him about grave matters pertaining to the safety of us all? Tell him that Tasnim has come to offer him council before a great tragedy befalls us."

Part of her was curious to see just how much one of the great houses knew about her and her reputation, but it felt cruel to intimidate the man on the other side of the gate just to gauge the potential mood.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Ezekiel's forge]

Lord Kuchiki stands up and looks at Qiu Tao, speaking to him in Chinese. "He is the son of our King. Born of a human woman, sent to live as a mortal so he would not be tainted by schemings of nobles. I acknowledge this comes as a surprise. However, this knowledge is one of the greatest secrets my family has been entrusted with. It would not have done to speak of it any sooner."

---

[Afterlife; Gates of Kuchiki Manor]

"... I will see that the message reaches our Lord's ears as quickly as possible", the adjudant replies. Which would not be very quick at all, since no-one as of right now knows where Lord Kuchiki has gone to. The adjundant closes the hatch and thinks. Tasnim... Tasnim Abdulrashid? The Demon? The adjudant has heard of her, but would not dare to guess what his Lord would want to be done about her. However, he knows someone else who he might ask...

Not long after, the gates creak open slightly, and an old man, his hair and mustache already greying with age, steps out, tailed by a small honour guard. "Lady Abdulrashid, I presume? I was told you've come seeking my son. I am Kuchiki Buakuya, second and former head of the house Kuchiki. How are you?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Gates of the Kuchiki Manor]

"Please do, it is a matter of life and death after all," Tasnim responds cheerfully before returning to her personal diversion of tracing the paths of wood grains across the gate. To hear such a non-committal answer was...a little surprising and the seed of doubt was planted in the Demon's heart. Was she too late? Lord Kuchiki, by her divination, never had many good omens accredited to him but they had been particularly dire as of recent days. If he wasn't within his manor, perhaps he might be in the danger the stars warned of?

Such thoughts were chased away when the gate was opened and the elderly man steps out, blinking rapidly to refocus her attention on the scenario at hand rather than what-ifs and could-bes. The dusky woman gives a short, polite bow when the former Lord Kuchiki steps out, accompanied by the musical tinkling of keys bumping against one another.

"Thank you for seeing me revered elder, but please just call me Tasnim. I am not of noble blood nor particularly a lady either, Tasnim says in a soft voice as she approached and held out her hand. "As I'm sure the man who spoke to me has told you, I have not come for a polite visit but I can assure you that I intend for it to be a nonviolent one...subject matter permitting your son to keep a cool head that is."

"I sense he is not here though...perhaps I could wait inside for him and you could keep a rash young lady like myself company in the meantime?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

The Kuchiki elder lets out a laugh at Tasnim's words. "A rash young lady? Lady Abdulrashid, you are older than this manor. Though I do admit age has been much kinder to you than me." He looks at his honor guards. They nod to each other, and then the elder man beckons Tasnim to follow. "But do come in. My son is absent as usual, but maybe this old man can entertain you. I have wanted to meet you quite some time, truth be told. Your reputation has preceeded you."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Tasnim; Kuchiki Manor

"Oh dear, I had hoped that wouldn't be the case considering the discussion I need have with your son will already be difficult enough without preconceptions clouding things," the woman murmurs aloud as she follows the elder past the gate and into the manor proper, giving the honor guard a passing nod as well when she passes.

"I imagine my true age would surprise you quite a bit elder Kuchiki, but a woman needs her secrets," the mystic says evenly as she gazes around the Kuchiki compound and the people within. It wasn't often that she got to visit these places after all, she might as well enjoy it while she can! "You have? I'm surprised I haven't heard about that elder Kuchiki, I have crossed path a more than a few Kuchiki soldiers in my day and none of them mentioned such a desire. Perhaps you were shy then?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Tasnim is lead the dining hall. It is quite sparse in furnishings save for a large table and matts around it. There is no food, but it makes as good a place for discussion as any.

"Oh, you have indeed had your share of run-ins with our men. That is how I knew of you at all", the elder Kuchiki says as he takes his customary place at the end of the table, next to where his son would sit these dayd. "However, I am a man of duty and making sure our King's Will is done in these parts of the world is quite a time-consuming task. Only now that I have passed most of those duties to my son can I spare the time to... indulge a bit. Do sit down." He beckons to a place at the side of the table, close to himself.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Tasnim, Kuchiki Manor

The mystic circles about the table once, taking in the dining room she had been lead to before seeming to pick a seat at random and sitting down in lotus position with her staff across her lap.

"I do hope your men are doing alright, it can be difficult to control my magic to the point it is...non-lethal. I tried my best but it is not an exact science by any stretch, not yet anyway," Tasnim tries to say in a friendly tone but a bit of an edge came into her voice. While she would never take back her actions when it came to fighting off the predation of noble houses on the commonfolk, that didn't mean she had to be some barbarian about the matter. What's more she had no idea if the elder Kuchiki might resent what had happened in those meetings.

"That said...perhaps we could cut down on such violent encounters if your men could show some...discretion and common sense when it came to enforcing that will," Tasnim continued with the same reproachful tone in her voice. "Any ruler can easily become removed from the problems and concerns of the people they are supposed to safeguard. It is no fault of their own but it makes it all the more important that their subordinates be able to interpret that will for the benefit of all."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, safeguarding the people", elder Kuchiki remarks. "I've gathered that's your primary motivation when it comes to your entanglements with soldiers of both us and others. Certainly there is some warrant to your actions - your fight with many of the smaller houses is the same as our fight with them. And sometimes mistakes happen. Try as he might, my son has not yet found a way to be everywhere at once." Byakuya casts a meaningfull glance at the empty spot at the end of the table reserved for his son, Takehiko.

"But I think there's something you... might not be fully appreciative of. I suppose it's nice for you to show concern for our men. But what do you think would've happened to them if it'd been me or my son to find them first? Or what happened to them after?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Ah, safeguarding the people", elder Kuchiki remarks. "I've gathered that's your primary motivation when it comes to your entanglements with soldiers of both us and others. Certainly there is some warrant to your actions - your fight with many of the smaller houses is the same as our fight with them. And sometimes mistakes happen. Try as he might, my son has not yet found a way to be everywhere at once." Byakuya casts a meaningfull glance at the empty spot at the end of the table reserved for his son, Takehiko.

"But I think there's something you... might not be fully appreciative of. I suppose it's nice for you to show concern for our men. But what do you think would've happened to them if it'd been me or my son to find them first? Or what happened to them after?"
    Tasnim Abdulrashid: Kuchiki Household

"No one has figured out that trick just yet," Tasnim says with a cheery laugh, leaning back in a relaxed manner before her manner becomes a bit more thoughtful. "Though if I were to guess, I suspect that hollows will be the first to make that happen, they have such a bevy of unusual capabilities that its only a matter of time honestly."

"Your men, when acting under the orders of their superiors are only to blame so far as their willingness and commitment to following those orders. I personally struggle to blame them for just following orders in this day and age. Its only when their...off-duty activities are a problem that it comes time for a personal lesson," Tasnim confides in a more serious tone of voice before turning her gaze to the elder Kuchiki and falling silent for just a moment. "I can't honestly say. I suspect they were punished for failing to drive me off but that is no fault of their own. Please do tell what I am missing though, I would love a greater understanding of my actions and their consequences.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    An Important Deal
    Saki thinks hard upon this. This could be tricky. if she proposed too many stipulations that he would turn down, then he might not accept stipulations at all if he thought she was trying to figure out his plan. She could play it safe by just having her family be protected as well, but who would get harmed instead? However if she went with something different he might be suspicious of her stipulation and plan around it or find some different way to fulfill it while not accomplishing what she intended with the stipulation.
    ".....Very well, my stipulation is that my family line be safe as well. Accept that and I promise House Shihoin will deliver payment."
    Best to not take risks. Her House was the baseline of her power anyways, so it was best to form her plans around it anyways. She would be stipulating the same as Shiba but for different reasons. However she fully intended to go along with the deal- it was after that it was fulfilled that she was worried about. She nevertheless began writing down the terms of the deal, if only to remind herself and have physical records made. Always best to get an important deal in writing, and a deal that involved saving all of existence seemed pretty important to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    The Lord Shiba is otherwise silent, but nods his approval at her stipulation. It was, he thought, one of the most important to assure.

"Then we have an agreement, the three of us. The other Great Nobles will fall in line...before Kuichiki. I leave it to you both to pressure our wayward Lord to see reason. Unless I am required in your schemes? I have preparations that I must see to before the ritual can be complete."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki manor]

"Being 'off-duty' is no excuse", Byakuya Kuchiki rumbles. "Those who serve under our family name are meant to serve as examples to the common folk. They are held to a higher standard. Most of those who suffered from your vigilantism were already guilty of disgracefull acts and would've been punished accordingly."

As the elder speaks, a servant girl appears as if from nowhere, in response to some silent cue, and sets cups, teal leaves and hot water before both Tasnim and Buakuya. The elder nods, and she disappears to the background just as quietly as she came. Byakuya fills his cup and leaves the tea to simmer.

"Fire and lightning are a less frightening to most, than what their light reveals to their masters. Death can be a lesser penalty than living in shame. When my father was given this realm, it came with the condition that we would see His Majesty's Will done throughout. How could we expect anyone to take us seriously, if we ourselves did not heed it?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

World Of Living- Rome

Qiu falling to his knees. "Please... forgive my ignorance.' he said with amaze.
    "I am honored, that you have trusted me with such a secret."
    Qiu frozen all of the sudden.

-----
    "QIU"
    "Q-I-U"
    "Q-Q-Q-Q-I-I-U-U-UUUUU.....'
    Uncountable army of hollows chanted as they flew, leaving a path of death and doom as foot prints.

Every wise augur and witch would advice everyone to stay today home.
    Blood thirsty darkness is roaming the land of living.
    "Qiu.... my love..."Tsunyi has wishpered.

---

Qiu looked pale, feeling the amount of malice targeted toward him.
    "Lord Kuchiki, your highness...' he turning to his lord and to the prince.
    "I was honored to meet you... but my fate is looking for me." with a bow, he run away.
    Qiu doesn't want to involve Kuchiki in that- they want Qiu's blood. Qiu ran, looking for a place where the least mortal casualties would fall.
    Alas, he didn't knew this westren legendary kingdom that well, and the meeting happened next to a roman city.

Hundreds of thousands of hollows stopped before him and chripped
    "Qiu...... Die...."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki Manor]

Tasnim takes her time in preparing her own tea as she contemplates what the elder Kuchiki has said, taking a single brief sip before setting it aside and folding her hands together in her lap. "If most of them were to be punished for their actions than why were they allowed to continue preying upon your subjects? Why did their punishment necessitate my intervention? You say they would have been found guilty and punished but that is not the story the people say."

"They speak of a cold, heartless house that follows a merciless liege," the mystic fixes the elder of the noble family with a hard, judgemental look. "Even if you are following the Soul King's will, that doesn't excuse the act that you should be able to appraise your actions and see that something is very wrong with the afterlife as it is. The outlands are falling into lawlessness, the noble houses bicker and fight among themselves, hollows have only grown more bold as time passes, and through it all there are few signs that things are how they should be."

"Is your loyalty and reputation worth the decay Elder Kuchiki?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

The Crazy Eight and Two others
    Nanami swore under her breath.
    "Whats he doing? Shiba, we can't let him die, he has the secrets of the swords in his possession and......what the.....how many Hollows is that!?"
    "Orders Milady!?"
    "The lapdog can make the powerful swords, top priority is retrieving him. Kuchiki can die to the Hollows for all I care. Grab the lap dog and retreat."
    "Yes Ma'am!"
    Two of them jump out of the shadows to try and knock Qiu out with a wooden club then take him away as fast as they can while the other six lay down suppressing arrow fire as they back away, because this was Running Time and they were at Get The Hell Out of Here Central. I mean, Kuchiki is still loyal to the Soul King, not someone you want to save if your an enemy of the Soul King.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Ezekiel's forge]

Kuchiki is alarmed by Qiu Tao's sudden departure. He looks at Ezekiel. "Your highness. It seems things have taken a dire turn. We must leave. At once."

Though how to leave? The mass of Hollows falls on Rome like night. They may be invisible to the living, but Kuchiki and Ezekiel can witness them in all their horror.

The only way out is through them.

Without hesitation, Lord Kuchiki draws his sword, taking a second to see if any of the Hollows are fixing their eyes on them - in preparation to strike them down, or else cut through the nearest unawares.

---

"People do not know the whole story. Neither do you", Buakuya Kuchiki says, sipping his tea. "Surely you must have wondered, why am I not angry at you for striking against my men? It's because I'm glad. Glad at your actions, for revealing deceitfullness among my men. I assure you, where and when your actions revealed injustice, the culprits were punished. Were your actions necessary for that to pass? I honestly don't know. I'd like to think not, but we're not perfect." The elder takes a sip of his tea.

"As for what's wrong with this world... oh, I'm very well aware. I would guess my son is out there at this very moment, risking his life fighting the darkness." The elder doesn't sound very happy about that. "However, he, this house, our entire army, are but islands in the light. That is why we are merciless. Letting mercy pass for justice is for those who have empty prisons and aren't surrounded by enemies at every side." The elder points at something behind Tasnim. If she turns to look, she might notice a circle engraved above the door she came from. A circle divided in half by a curved line.

"You've heard me speak of the Will of the King, but what do you think when you hear those words? What is the Will, Lady Abdulrashid?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

[Rome-Tiber River]

"Qiu..."
    "Qiuuu...."
    "Qi-"
    "Uuuuu."

"Qi-"
    "Uuuuuu"

the mass of hollows chanted. They were fixated on Qiu alone.

Qiu drawn his sword- still in it's sheath. He sensed the slightest movement.
    How much assassins have tried to slay him in his seven life times?
    A lot.
    He tried to block the club, but wasn't fast enough- however, it didn't knocked him out, but it did made him bleed.
    'Foolish girls. I have no time for you. Begone, before you die.' he said coldly attempting to wack them both with his unsheathed sword.

'Lord Kuchiki! This my personal matter! Please, don't get invol-"
    the hollows seems too enraged to mind the arrows- even if they do get hit.
    One of the braver hollows sent a tentacle like shadow, stabbing Qiu's back.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

"And neither do you," Tasnim points out gently as Buakuya sips his tea.

"Nobody is perfect elder but that does not mean that we shouldn't continue to strive towards that impossible peak as best we can, something that many do not realize or don't want to. Justice is a goal that we both share but for too long Kuchiki justice has lost the temper of compassion and maybe that is a product of the times but it does not need to be," the mystic turns and looks at the circle when he points to it and pauses for a long moment. A storm briefly passes over her eyes as Tasnim takes a deep breath and lets out a slow exhale. "...I don't know anymore. At one time it meant the promise of something better elder, something that would protect more than just the people of the afterlife but the world living and dead. Now I fear the Will has become something malevolent."

"Your son...do you worry about him?" comes the sudden question. "Do you know where he is?"
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2017-06-21 at 10:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

The elder smiles at Tasnim. "Of course I worry. That is why my son opts to not tell me a damn thing." He takes a moment to finish his tea, then sets his cup down.

"Balance. That is the King's Will. But not in the sense that the King merely wishes for there to be balance. That is the error of those who think of our King as akin to an Earthly ruler who merely has the Mandate of Heavens."

The elder stands up and walks past Tasnim, his eyes fixed on the engraved circle, hands behind his back.

"But this is not Earth, this is Heaven. Our King does not possess the Mandate of Heavens, it is he who grants it. To know the Will is to know the Path. To walk the Path is to find Balance. To find Balance is to achieve Perfection."

Buakuya turns back to Tasnim. "Unfortunately, we are the same in that we do not know the Will. When we do not know the Will, we stray from the Path. When we stray from the Path, we lose Balance. And when we lose Balance, we create Chaos."

The elder walks back towards his spot at the end of the table. "It's not the Will that has changed. It is us. All the evils you list, from feuding nobles to Hungry Ghosts who plague this land... they are born from the Chaos at the hearts of men. You can ask for my compassion, but my compassion has not done a thing to stop any of that. I possess no tricks by which my compassion can turn a man from crime, or turn a Hungry Ghost back to a man. But maybe you do."

((OOC: letting Raziere post before me on Earth.))

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Ana Shiba, Nanami, Spec Ops - The Real World

"Go after the swordsman. I will see to the Lord Kuchiki myself. If he is not loyal - I will do what needs to be done. Go."

Ana draws her daggers. Taking a moment in the shadows to uncork a vial and carefully dipping the blades in them, she returns the concoction to her belt, and sneaks silently by. By now, the majority of Hollows had taken off after the foolish swordsman, leaving Kuchiki and his ward facing down a small army of Hollows.

To the two standing before the horde, it would appear as though the front ranks had simply keeled over, fading to ash. As their bodies decomposed, the faint clink of metal is heard as metal needles fall to the ground with no flesh to hold them up.

"Lord Kuchiki. It seems you find yourself in somewhat of a bind. May I render assistance to you and...?" In her own haunting way, much like the ghosts before them, Ana Shiba stands behind the two. She leaves the sentence unfinished to allow an introduction, as though they were not facing down a horde of ravenous monsters intent on rending their souls apart.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-06-22 at 02:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    [Rome-Tiber River]

"Qiu..."
    "Qiuuu...."
    "Qi-"
    "Uuuuu."

"Qi-"
    "Uuuuuu"

the mass of hollows chanted. They were fixated on Qiu alone.

Qiu drawn his sword- still in it's sheath. He sensed the slightest movement.
    How much assassins have tried to slay him in his seven life times?
    A lot.
    He tried to block the club, but wasn't fast enough- however, it didn't knocked him out, but it did made him bleed.
    'Foolish girls. I have no time for you. Begone, before you die.' he said coldly attempting to wack them both with his unsheathed sword.
    The Crazy Eight
    "We can't do that. You come with us, before YOU die. You are more important alive to many people than dead."
    They withstand the wacks and try to grab him regardless, and the other six leap down and train their drugged arrows on him.
    "Cease this foolishness before we knock you out. You need to be alive."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"Do not speak about what you cannot understand. I'll atone to my sins. My Master doesn't like bloodshed, unless it absolutely necessary- don't force me, to slaughter you!"
    Qiu Tao spinning in place parrying the arrows with his sheathed sword.
    Again- he gotten stabbed by the same Hollow. Another Hollows charging at the crazy eight, groaning with rage like wolves charging at them.

Qiu Tao spit blood.
    "Don't harm the hollows!"

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Crazy Eight
    One of the Crazy Eight leaps on top of Qiu to grab him with his entire body and stab him with an arrow head to try and put him to sleep, sacrificing his life on Qiu's blade if necessary to make sure the job is done with his dying breath. The others ignore Qiu and shoot arrows to hold the Hollows back but the two of the women of the group get overwhelmed and eaten by Hollows.
    "We lost two! Sure hope we like getting called the Crazy Six from now on!"
    "Keep firing!"

Nanami waits for the right moment.