New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [IC]

Kane Shiba nods at the advice, his face a stoic mask. Then, at the suggestion, he laughs heartily. "It will prick him to no end. If you're looking to get him here - that will most certainly do it."

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

[Earth; along the Tiber river]

The woman follows Ezekiel with her eyes. "You are quite peculiar looking", she speaks while he's in hearing range again. "I have never seen someone with hair like yours. It is like flame. And your skin, it is so pale. Are you from the Northern barbarian tribes?"
    Ezekiel pauses. "Actually, I am. DOn't worry, though. I'm perfectly civilized." He then goes back to looking for firewood.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

A certain Blacksmith Workshop at the After Life.

"Good." Qiu said impressed. "You haven't fainted even once. You are stronger than me." He took the little bloody piece of blade, and turned his back to Lord Kuchiki.
    Qiu threw the broken bloody piece of blade into the forge.
    "Now that, you have passed the easy part comes a great challenge fear. Every man can find the rage and the bravery to overcome the pain during the battle- but dealing with the fear which is coming afterwards is the true challenge. Fight your fears, and come out as winner- or give up on your sanity"

Lord Kuchiki finding himself inside... Darkness. The person which he fear the most appear infront of him. (Who is that? It's up to you)

Sunyi-The Tao Mansion- World Of Living
    Dozens of thousands of hollows has squirmed, and devoured each other with blind hunger and anger.

On the roof of the biggest tower sat a big hollow- about the size of an elephant, with the general form of a seven tailed fox, on each tail were hanging an empty shell of human body, which each looked like one of her previous reiacrantions- a Chinese porcelain dolls.
    On her face were a canine mask, with a bone like structure.
    "Qiu...." She hissed repeatedly.
    "Qiu...."
    "Qiu...."
    Qiu was gone with the strangers. But he haven't gotten back.
    "Qiu..."
    "Qiu..."
    Sunyi loved him so much.
    "Qiu..."
    But Sunyi also hated him so much.
    "Qiu.... QIU!!!!!!" She roadzxdddssssdsssxxdsssdred, and had broken with a paw punch the roof, and jumped right into the bloody chaos of the hollows.

"QIU TAO IS GONE!!!!!" She roared. A moment of silence was thrown at the mansion.
    "Who care! I'll just kill and eat-" one Hollow dared to answer her, when she slashed his belly and then swallowed him whole.
    "Shut up! I can locate Qiu... But we are too weak, and now he has... Allies."
    Silence was thrown again.
    "I have a plan. But first- let" s take revenge on the last king which Qiu Tai has served- King Shen Han! We shall eat his souls, and the souls of his people! We will grow strong, and then destroy Qiu Tao and his new king!!!!"

An excited roars has answered.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Qiu Tao's workshop]

Lord Kuchiki stares dully at Qiu Tao. "What do you mean? Fears? It simply wouldn't do for such triffle concerns to weigh down a man like me..."

But before he can hear Qiu Tao's answer, he is consumed by darkness. Instead of the smith, a different figure now stands before him. "Father? What are you doing here?", Lord Kuchiki asks, confused. Why has the elder Kuchiki wandered to this part of the manor grounds?

"Oh, I simply wanted to see what new ways of dangering himself my reckless son has found", the greying man answers bitterly, his hands behind his back, his back turned to his son.

Lord Ichiro Takehiko Kuchiki feels a sting in their heart, right where the blade shard was just a moment ago. "I am merely doing my duty and trying to find ways to fullfill the role given to our house", he replies, "as I always do... Father."

"Yes, yes, you always seem to do that. Indeed, that is all you seem to do", the older man says back. "But when was the last time you stopped to think how it looks to others? How it looks to me?"

Takehiko lowers his head. "I apologize if I have stained the honour of our house."

The elder Kuchiki glances over his shoulder, sorrowfull grey eyes looking at his son. "Honour of our house? You think that is what this is about? Takehiko, I know you would slice open your own belly without a second thought, if you thought it would redeem some crime of yours. But do you think I would enjoy seeing my only son lying in a pool of blood? Do you think your mother would?"

Takehiko falls silent, not raising his eyes to meet his father's. He stares down to the ground, or rather, a bottomless pit of darkness which has replaced it, for a long while. Then, he meets his father's gaze, trying to work up a smile. "... of course not. You are only human. What sort of a parent would take pleasure in burying their own children, after all?"

Elder Kuchiki turns to face their son fully, lifting their hands up and beckoning at the surroundings. "And yet, you do things like this. Let some stranger into your home just so they can stab you in the heart. What sort of a child would take pleasure in making their parents bury them?"

Takehiko's smile falters. "I do not... that is..." He takes a deep breath, only to be caught off-guard by the pain of his wound. More blood spills from it as his grasp slips, before he can press the severed veins back together. Slowly, he straightens himself. "It is not my intent to cause sorrow to my parents. I find no pleasure in making you worry."

The elder Kuchiki marches to his son and grabs both of his shoulders. "Then why, Takehiko? Why do you act this way? Why do you have to do this?"

"Because", Takehiko begins, forcing a reassuring smile on their lips, "because if all good men stood aside at the mere threat of pain and death, who would stop evil from running rampant? Someone has to do what I do, and if I can't trust myself to do it, then who is there? Someone has to be the first among many."

But, elder Kuchiki is no longer there when he says that. Instead, the light has returned, and he stands in the forge again. Lord Ichiro Takehiko Kuchiki looks at Qiu Tao's back, confused. "... I'm sorry. Did you see where my father went?", he asks, his brain working poorly due to loss of blood.

---

[Earth; Tiber River]

"I find it fascinating", the woman continues. It is hard to say if she's talking to herself, to her baby, or to Ezekiel. "For a person of such far-away land and tribe to have come all the way to our Republic. I wonder, what sort of relations future has in store for our peoples? Do you think more barbarians will come to live in this city?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #95

NecromancerGuy

Ezekiel nods, finally finding a small stick that meets his exacting standards for firewood. "I don't really remember the trip. I was very young. As for peace... I'd honestly like that, but I'm afraid that peace may just remain a dream, especially with the current political turmoil."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This happens to be around the end of the Roman Rebublic, and an emperor taking over.
    Last edited by King539; 2017-02-11 at 07:11 PM.
    Show
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu's blacksmith workshop

Qiu has slammed the sword, giving it more and more shape with his hammer. It heated painfully, in beautiful yet eerie tune.
    Strangely Qiu with each slam switched the side of the hammer. If Lord Kuchiki's brain allowed him, he would see that on each side of the hammer there is a Chinese hiroglyph. One side meant:"Suffer" and the other 'hope"- Qiu has forged Kuchiki's sword with suffer and hope.

Qiu was now shirtless, sweaty and groaned stretching his muscles over and over.

"Your father?" Qiu has repeated questionably.
    "Ha. Interesting . He went to where ever you have sent him to. Even if it took you three days and three nights."
    Qiu paused, while keep forging the sword. "You have advanced well, Lord Kuchiki. A warrior can stand pain, and even the fear which born from it... And yet... Your sword lack something." Qiu said between the hammer's hits.
    "Agony. What we warriors are all about, is bringing destruction and agony to the world. You may call yourself savage, or a hero- it doesn't really matter. The naked truth is deaf to all the excuses. Once you feel the fruits of the agony that you have seeded- you will be a true honest warrior." Qiu explained.
    "Your garden of Agony waiting for you."
    Lord Kuchiki has only few seconds to say something, before darkness has engulfed him again inside his own bleeding heart.
    Now he sitting inside a beautiful, yet eerie garden. Trees, flowers... He has a cup of warm tea in his hands while sitting on bench.

Every agony he has brought to others turned into a seed of an agony plant which grew and grew.
    Maybe an insult which he said as child, scarred someone and made him close hearted and cold toward his family- making his parents unsure of themselves and more enraged and making more mistakes with their education.

It could grow into a little blossoming flower- or maybe even a tree. Stripping the reality from a single living being might even create a groove.

Beautiful silver-red strange fruits hanged from the branches of the trees. Eating the fruit would make him experience the agony he has brought on others as if he was the person getting attacked by his victims, who are exactly a little bit stronger than him, inside the garden.

Qiu's Garden was a whole never ending jungle- how did Kuchiki's garden looked like? What fruits he will decide to eat, and what victims he would face in switched roles?

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Rome; along the Tiber river]

The woman gives Ezekiel a half-smile. "Well. The future is what we make, is it not?" She looks at her infant son. "My husband's sister got married to a high-ranking general. My husband has high hopes for what this will do to his career . Who knows? Maybe my son will bring order back to the Republic..."

---

Lord Kuchiki is dumbfounded by the sudden change in scenery, sitting on an imaginary chair while sipping imaginary tree. The jungle twists and warps before him, with him not being sure what he is looking at.

Then, he hears... a bird singing. He turns to look over his shoulder, only catching sight of a grey flash as something breezes past him.

His head whips to see what it was. He sees it descend on the branch of a tall, leafless tree. A young stoat is limp in its grasp.

Then he remember. He was four. His father had taken him to Earth to see how the world of mortals works.

The older Kuchiki, suddenly standing next to Takehiko, places a hand on hos shoulder. "Do you see that, son? Do you know what it is?"

Takehiko, suddenly having regressed to his younger self, shakes his head.

"That is the watchful executioner. See how it perches there, looking over its terrain?"

Takehiko looks. A big grey bird, with small bright eyes looking amidst a black mask. It has impaled the young stoat on a thorny branch. Takehiko feels mild revulsion looking at it. "Why do I need to see this, father?"

The older Kuchiki smiles a mirthless smile. "Because we, our family, are like that of the bird's. Always keep that in mind, Takehiko."

"What do you mean, father?", young Takehiko asks, but the older Takehiko already knows the answer. He puts his tea down and walks to the corpse of the stoat, which has morphed into one of those ugly fruits. Without hesitation, he plucks it and takes a bite...

8. - Top - End - #98

NecromancerGuy

[Earth; Rome; along the Tiber river]

The woman gives Ezekiel a half-smile. "Well. The future is what we make, is it not?" She looks at her infant son. "My husband's sister got married to a high-ranking general. My husband has high hopes for what this will do to his career . Who knows? Maybe my son will bring order back to the Republic..."
    Ezekiel smiles, adding another stick to the not-quite bundle. "What's his name?"
    Last edited by King539; 2017-02-24 at 11:18 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmmm? Oh, we named him after his father. Gaius Julius Ceasar. I..." The woman blushes a bit. "Well, I'd hope you've heard of him, but truth be told, his family isn't very rich or influential right now. We live in Subura, of all places! I hope it won't leave a bad mark on my son."

Spoiler
    Show
    Extendes historical in-joke for the win.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Inside The Agony Fruit Of Kuchiki- the seed

Lord Kuchiki might still call himself that. He even still has his original em!lotions but pushed in the depth of his bleeding heart. Now he had the power, skills and emotions of someone else.

Now he shall experience the seed of agony he has planted.

Kuchiki has found himself running in terror. He was doomed!
    'You will pay for your treachery' he has heard a distant voice, cold.
    Kuchiki found himself panicked, changing his course again just to tackle into the big belly of a strong looking man. He looked in his mid-life age, muscuked with a square strong jaw. He held sword in his hand looking at Kuchiki coldly. 'There is only one way, which it could end. Your pathetic struggle just making it more shameful." Said the Captain who were in reality Kuchiki's victim.

Kuchiki's power was on average level. Just enough to pass as soldier. Originally he were a pig sheppered, but bad karma has forced him to join the army, to feed his family of wife, mother in law and five children.

He was peaceful by his nature and never had a killing intent inside him. But he was a good soldier for peaceful times- he was obidient, always switched his comrades on time for their duty, he cooked well and was a handy craftsman. But he was the slowest in the combat training, and mocked by the younger and stronger soldiers.

And still Chiwi kept trying- for the sake of his family if nothing else. Even when he has heard rumors that back at his village his brother tried to steal his wife... He kept his cool.
    But during guarding duty on the castle a group of armed bandits snekt to the castle's plaza.
    The guard has suddenly remembered his children, even his mother in law... And most of all his wife- is he really prepared to leave them in the hands of his backstabbing brother for... What? For a Lord who probably won't even frown at his death? For his brothers in arms who would mock his death by the hands of bandits as a weakling?
    Sure. He could raise the alarm. But he decided it's time to come back home, maybe to try grow rice or something.
    So he ran away.
    But cursed his karma! Other soldier raised the alarm and the lord in less than a minute slaughtered them all.

And now... He was next. Is there even a point to raise his sword against him?

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiba Encampment

"An impressive fortification. Now we need only wait for our 'guest' to come calling." Kane Shiba does not show his consternation at seeing a massive castle rise from the dust. The truth was, he felt incredibly uncomfortable. The necromancer was crossing from necessary evil, to terrifying necessary evil. It was not a feeling Kane Shiba enjoyed.

12. - Top - End - #102

NecromancerGuy

"Hmmm? Oh, we named him after his father. Gaius Julius Ceasar. I..." The woman blushes a bit. "Well, I'd hope you've heard of him, but truth be told, his family isn't very rich or influential right now. We live in Subura, of all places! I hope it won't leave a bad mark on my son."

Spoiler
    Show
    Extendes historical in-joke for the win.
    Ezekiel picks up another stick and thinks for a moment. He shrugs. "Never heard of him. Anyway, I think I've got enough firewood for now. May the gods smile upon you."" Ezekiel walks away, noticeably heading towards the new bridge upstream.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Shiba Encampment

"An impressive fortification. Now we need only wait for our 'guest' to come calling." Kane Shiba does not show his consternation at seeing a massive castle rise from the dust. The truth was, he felt incredibly uncomfortable. The necromancer was crossing from necessary evil, to terrifying necessary evil. It was not a feeling Kane Shiba enjoyed.
    "It will do. For now. I have other tasks to finish its work. You will need soldiers." The Necromancer turns slowly, folding its hands behind its back. "I would task it to you, to call your rival here. I will make certain it is ready for his arrival. I fear he will not come if it is I who wish it. Let us work together, so the blood you have spilt this morning is not in vain." The Necromancer turns its head to glance at the noble, baleful eyes glowing still within the lion's skull. "I have such wonderful things to show you. The bones of ancients lay beneath our feet."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    "It will do. For now. I have other tasks to finish its work. You will need soldiers." The Necromancer turns slowly, folding its hands behind its back. "I would task it to you, to call your rival here. I will make certain it is ready for his arrival. I fear he will not come if it is I who wish it. Let us work together, so the blood you have spilt this morning is not in vain." The Necromancer turns its head to glance at the noble, baleful eyes glowing still within the lion's skull. "I have such wonderful things to show you. The bones of ancients lay beneath our feet."
    "A fortification on his doorstep. A challenge to his honor that he will not be able to resist. He will come." Kane Shiba says matter-of-factly as he begins his walk back to camp. He would need to task soldiers to the fortification, those of stalwart mind and body. The common foot soldier would likely balk at going near to such a supernaturally charged structure, at least until it was proven to not be attempting to consume them whole, or some other nonsense.

"Send a messenger to Kuchiki. Tell him that while he gathered his courage, we have been building. We cordially invite him to tour our new fortifications."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Within the imaginary body of Chiwi the Guard, Lord Kuchiki steels his mind. Many of Chiwi's brothers-in-arms had wives and families too. To abandon them, to walk away from guard duty without even raising an alarm, is one of the greatest acts of selfishness. For those who selfishly run from danger while leaving others to die, the only just punishment is that from which they were running from in the first place.

Hence, Lord Kuchiki in the body of Chiwi does not raise his sword against his lord. Hence, the imaginary Lord Kuchiki decapitates the real one.

Takehiko wakes with a start. He's back in the forest again. The bird still perches on its branch, singing its song. Takehiko looks around with narrowed eyes, trying to peer through the veil of the world and see Qiu Tao in his work. "How long must this continue, blacksmith? What ordeals must I still pass before you are satisfied?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

[Takehiko]

"You just have tasted the seeds... you need to taste the whole tree!"

(I guess I'll make fast forward it, but if it was the anime, it would take 3-4 episodes at least...)

Next he exprience as Chiwi's wife, getting abused by men form the village, and forced to agree to marry Chiwi's brother, who is kicking out her children, and bringing his own children from previouse marriage instead of them.

Next he exprience as one Chiwi's sons- suffering from cold and starve alone, until the decide to rob people.

Next he exprience as a man being robbed and killed by them.

Next, he exprience as the family's robbed man- who are starving to death without the money he were supposed to bring hom.

if Takehiko fully take responsbility, and accepting his role as bringer of agony- he is done and return to Qiu's workshop

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Responsible? How? Takehiko couldn't have known how Chiwi's brother was going to react, nor was it a factor in his decision.

On the other hand, Takehiko is the appointed Lord-Ruler of this land. Had Chiwi's brother followed the rules the Kuchiki family has laid out, this wouldn't have happened. Clearly, something in those rules or how he's enforced them, has not worked out.

"You want me to take responsibility?", Takehiko shouts into the hallucinatory terrain. "Then give me power! Once I have the power to rule this land like a Noble should, I will happily accept any and all blame you can pin on me! Give me the power to change things - and then there will never again be a question of whether it's my fault if things do not change!"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Garden Of Agony

A voice is heard.
    You will get the power you want- but it's up to you to control it, and prove yourself worthy!'

Everything blacking out

Qiu's Workshop

"You sure don't waste time, Lord.' Said Qiu, breathing heavily and sweating.
    "your weapons.. is ready.' Qiu bowed and offered him the blade. The blade crafted from Takehiko's inner journey of a warrior,
    "Now you are a true warrior... but from now on, me and you are at the same phase. Our weapons haven't gotten to their full potential.. yet.' Qiu has explained.

(Your Zankupatu... describe it)

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Takehiko stares dully at a steel jian, then takes it with both hands. The handle yet lacks the decorative wrapping and tassel of a complete sword, but it is a fine weapon even as it is. "You have my thanks." And... then he passes out from exhaustion. Hopefully Qiu Tao knows how to explain this to Lord Kuchiki's servants.

20. - Top - End - #110

NecromancerGuy

Outside Shiba Encampment

The Hollow meets Kane Shiba on his way back to the Encampment and presents him with a scroll. "Your candidates for the position of commander."

"Sir."

Inside, the scrolls contains information on several men suitable for the position of commander. It also includes information on their life histories, personalities, and potential shortcomings and advantages for promoting them.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    Outside Shiba Encampment

The Hollow meets Kane Shiba on his way back to the Encampment and presents him with a scroll. "Your candidates for the position of commander."

"Sir."

Inside, the scrolls contains information on several men suitable for the position of commander. It also includes information on their life histories, personalities, and potential shortcomings and advantages for promoting them.
    "Let it never be said you aren't thorough. Disturbingly so." he mutters to himself as he peruses the dossiers. Most of the recommended men and women are promoted on the spot, and given command of their new units. Training begins immediately, as units are needed to garrison the fortress.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

After Life-Qiu

Qiu was exuasted, he wanted nothing but fall asleep for three days and platoon's worth of food. But even if deep inside he was coward and selfish- when he believed a certain person will please his primal urge for survival, he will be a zealot follower of him. Also, Qiu gave a promise. Qiu bowed deeply to the uncounciounse lord.
    "I swear my life and sword into your service." he has promised in simple words. Qiu putted his Lord's sword into his hands and carried him.
    He ran toward the castle. "Guards! Your Lord need an urgent treamtment! Now!" He has barked with auothrative tone,of someone who is used to get obeyed.

Mortal World- King Shen Han's Palace

King Shen Han sat on his throne, looking bored from the musicians's music. He has waited for news. Important news from the war.
    Shen Han wasn't a King from birth- he has earned at as Warlord, and now forced himself to stay in the capitol, to avoid the court to overthrow him with wishperes beyond the curtains. He felt nervouse entrusting the war to others- especially since his best General gotten murdered by his own wife.
    The doors to the throne hall have opened, when a soldier, injured bleeding without his right arm fell to his knees.
    "Y..y..your highness!" He panted.
    Shen Han has frowned.
    "What is the meaning of this? What have done to yourself? Where is your commander and brothers in arms?!" He demandsd to know coldly.

'All dead! All dead!" he sobbed.

Furiose Shen Han gotten up, raising his golden spear prepared to slay the weakling fool.
    "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! YOU WERE SENT TO CHECK NEWS FROM THE SEIGE ON KONPAKHAI! THE ROADS THERE ARE SAFE? AND KONPAKHAI WAS ABOUT TO FALL!" He roared angerly

"T..th..this is all true and well, oh mighy god in flash body! But when we gotten there, everyone were dead! Both Konpakhai ans both our army!" the soldier cried in horror.

A heavy silence covered the throne hall like a fog. Only King Shen Han's heavy steps were heard on the wooden floor. He pointed his spear to the soldier's throat. "You make no sense, you misrable excuse for man!" He hissed. "There were 15,000 of my best men, throwing a siege over one of the most fortifited cities of my kingdom. What force in the world could have killed them both?!"

The soldier was already to paniced, to be afraid of the king. And the real reason that Shen Han was furiouse.

'I... don't know! But when we came, we have heard wishpers, and then invisble beasts have devoures my commander and the others... and my arm... I think all of our army and the rebels of Konpakhai were...d..d..de...de..devoured by them... they only have letted me alive to give you a message."

The king turned pale. "What message?"

'We are coming for your soul"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki manor]

The guards rush in and take Takehiko to his chambers. They cast suspicuous looks at Qiu Tao, but don't say anything. They are near-certain this is the blacksmith's "fault", but who would attack a Lord in his own house and then call the guards himself? So they give him benefit of doubt for now.

Qiu Tao is offered a meal and a place to sleep in next to the workshop. He, too, can now get some well-deserved rest.

---

[Same place, next morning]

Lord Kuchiki opens his eyes, finding himself lying on his back on his bed, his wounds bandaged. His new sword has been given a sheath and is resting next to him. He stares at the ceiling for a while, then gets up and gets dressed, his traditional black-and-white outfit concealing any injuries.

He summons his adjudant. "Summon Qiu Tao and twenty of our best men. I have lain dormant long enough. There is a matter with another clan which must be solved as quickly as possible."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki manor]

The guards rush in and take Takehiko to his chambers. They cast suspicuous looks at Qiu Tao, but don't say anything. They are near-certain this is the blacksmith's "fault", but who would attack a Lord in his own house and then call the guards himself? So they give him benefit of doubt for now.

Qiu Tao is offered a meal and a place to sleep in next to the workshop. He, too, can now get some well-deserved rest.

---

[Same place, next morning]

Lord Kuchiki opens his eyes, finding himself lying on his back on his bed, his wounds bandaged. His new sword has been given a sheath and is resting next to him. He stares at the ceiling for a while, then gets up and gets dressed, his traditional black-and-white outfit concealing any injuries.

He summons his adjudant. "Summon Qiu Tao and twenty of our best men. I have lain dormant long enough. There is a matter with another clan which must be solved as quickly as possible."

Qiu wore his garbs and armor, he has prepared at his free time after a rest and some rice bowls.

He rose up, when he was summoned.
    "I'll come at once' he ran, as if he were chased by ten thoasand hollows. Now, his motivation to serve his Master, was fueled by his survival instincts.

To please Lord Kuchiki meant surviving. Simple as that.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki Manor]

"We will travel to the border of Shiba lands", Lord Kuchiki. He points out a messenger among the troops. "You. You will go ahead and tell them I wish to parley with the head of their house."

The messenger nods, then runs ahead. Lord Kuchiki, accompanied by Qiu Tao and the rest of the men, march out of the gates in his wake. In but half a day, they will be withing sight of the new garrison constructions.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao
    Qiu was many things, but chatty he weren't.
    If the Lord will choose to share information, only then it means Qiu has the need to know. He walked by his side, a bit behind. Like a shadow.
    Or like a dog, some may say.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; The Palace on the Border]

Kane Shiba is waiting on the walls. Surrounding him are units of archers, and in front of the open gates, swordsmen and spears. "It took you long enough. I thought I would have to start building a road to your front door to get your attention."

28. - Top - End - #118

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "Let it never be said you aren't thorough. Disturbingly so." he mutters to himself as he peruses the dossiers. Most of the recommended men and women are promoted on the spot, and given command of their new units. Training begins immediately, as units are needed to garrison the fortress.
    The Hollow smiles and walks past Kane Shiba. He pauses next to Yan Wao Shen. "Anything else, sir?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

[Shiba-Kuchiki border]

The Kuchiki unit stops just beyond arrow range. Lord Kuchiki turns to look at his men. "You. Stay here." His men look hesitant. "But, my Lord...!", his adjudant starts.

"No buts", Lord Kuchiki says non-chalantly, gesturing for the adjudant to be silent. He grips the hilt of his new sword. "With what I've been through recently... mere spears and arrows hardly seem threatening."

He takes a step forward, glancing at Qiu Tao. "You have been through the same. You can walk with me if you wish."

He then walks close enough to the new fortifications to be heard by Kane Shiba. "What a big wall you have put up, almost overnight! I wonder what is the reason for such. Did the necromancer prompt you?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

[Shiba-Kuchiki border]

Life. Afterlife. Fancier and stronger swords- but in the end, it seems everything remained the same.
    "I would be honored to walk in your shade.' Qiu said flatly, but meant it.
    Qiu holding his hand over the hilt of his sword, prepared.

------
    My previouse Avater