New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [IC]

[Shiba-Kuchiki border]

"Fishing for information, so early into our exchange? How unlike you, Kuchiki! You haven't insulted my clan's ancestry and heritage once!" Kane Shiba barks a deep laugh to punctuate his statements. "We need to talk, and since you'd spurned my kind offer once before, it was time to gain your oh-so-precious audience another way. It seems to have sufficed."

To walk forward with only one guard, and not but a sword at his side... Kuchiki was much, but a reckless fool he was not.

Kane Shiba disappears from the wall above the gate, and moments later walks through the ranks of soldiers, who part at his passing. As he moves through them, they close ranks behind. "Care to come inside, then?"

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

"No", Lord Kuchiki replies flatly to Lord Shiba's invitation. "I did not come here to linger. Neither did I come here to hurl insults." He looks past Lord Shiba and his soldiers at the new fortress.

"The necromancer came to me also. It said a war between us would happen if I did not follow his advice. Said it was fated." He turns to look at Lord Shiba. "Divination, prophecy, fortune-telling are all gossip for old women. The only fate in this world is cause and effect. However, deceit and manipulation are very much possible. Certainly, the necromancer came to you, murmurring its lies to your ear so you would act to give credibility to its nonsense."

"Know, then, that I bear you no ill will. If there is someone I wish to war with, it is that vermin. Ally with me. Let us go to its swamp, you, me, this man by my side, and bring it to its knees. Then lets drag it in chains before the other Clans and make it grovel before them. What do you say?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Kane Shiba is silent for a moment. Then longer. Finally, he speaks, and his voice is quieter than Kuchiki thinks he has ever heard it. "He killed my father, you know? Or caused him to be killed - no difference, in truth. I want him dead, but I want a future for my... our... people more than that. There is truth in his words, truth at a cost, no doubt, but truth still. So let me ask you this, Lord Kuchiki - my father thought he could defeat this monster, and it cost him his life. What weapons do you have that could defeat the necromancer?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao remained silent and stoic, unless his Master spoke to him.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki looks around. Not finding anything suitable, he resumes looking Kane Shiba in the eye. "Have your men bring an anvil here. The biggest, sturdiest you can find."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

There is a raised eyebrow at the request, but with a bemused expression, Kane Shiba directs his men. It takes 10 men and 4 oxen to load the anvil, the same one used to forge the sword currently resting on Kane Shiba's back. The earth shakes when it is unloaded.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki raises an eyebrow as the anvil is lowered to the ground. It is bigger than he expected. Much bigger.

But, he has fresh in mind how Qiu Tao's blade changed its length according to its master's mood. Size, does not matter. Material composition, does not matter. For Lord Kuchiki's new sword is made with the iron of his heart, and it is exactly as hard and sharp as his resolve. And he has resolved to destroy this anvil - what is an inanimate object supposed to do about it?

"Stand back. I do not wish to injure anyone, by accident or otherwise." He slowly draws his sword and holds it straight to his side so all can see. Then he steps towards the anvil and swings. There is a silvery flash and a sound akin to a thunderclap. Lord Kuchiki stops his sword at the exact same position it started. The blade is unmarred. The anvil...

There is a scraping sound as the top half of it starts sliding down diagonally.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao groaned with a surprise.

He has trained himself, not to express his emotions on his face and eyes, but the excitment forced him to break his silence.

"You are even stronger than I have thought, Lord Kuchiki. I never imagined...that the swords can reach such potential." Qiu looked at his own sword, wondering.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

"Impossible." Kane Shiba says in almost a whisper, his tone one of awe. "What demon forged such a blade, that it can cut through solid iron without a scratch?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki sheathes his sword without further ado. He then turns and beckons towards Qiu Tao. "This man here."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao was surprised how easily his Master gave such information.
    Qiu used to serve kings who excutes artists and architects who did a masterpiece worthy of kings, so they won't copy the creation and give it to others.

Qiu looked at Kane Shiba. "I only have guided my master. A true warrior is the forge of his own weapon."

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "Impossible." Kane Shiba says in almost a whisper, his tone one of awe. "What demon forged such a blade, that it can cut through solid iron without a scratch?"
    "Your resolve falters Lord Shiba?" Yan Wao Shen whispers, a hand pulling from Lord Shiba's shadow as the Necromancer pulls itself from ground as shadowstuff clings to its form like cobwebs. "You see now, the tool to your defeat. As predicted. You see now, combat with the lord Kuchiki would lead only to defeat." The Necromancer turns its eyes finally to the men below the wall. "I trust you're well Lord Kuchiki. You've made me all the more interested in your friend and those blades of yours. They could well be instrumental in pacifying the Soul King."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

"My resolve is the same as it ever was - the good of my people. Throw wild accusations elsewhere. You know what is at stake for me and mine." At the signs of conflict and aggression Kane Shiba rallies his composure somewhat.

"You claim, have always claimed, to be the enemy of my enemy, Necromancer. But the enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy, nothing more, nothing less."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki gives a cool look to the necromancer. "I see some vermin came crawling from under some rock again upon hearing its name", he states. "Did it, perhaps, hear its own doom being settled and came to surrender?"

"Because if not, it is wasting everyone's time."

He turns back to Kane Shiba. "Lord Shiba. You have heard my offer and seen its warranty. I have nothing else to say to you today. I will leave you to ponder it... unless you wish to seize the opportunity and settle matter right here, right now?" Lord Kuchiki gives a subtle glance at the Necromancer and Lord Shiba can see his hand is resting on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it at his notice.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen chuckles, offering Lord Shiba a nod. "Indeed. You all may return to your attempts to slay me when our task is over. I look forward to it. But the deed is far from done and will not be finished without me. The other noble families will come in time. The longer this fort remains and grows, it will become a beacon of these alliances. There will be no room for the other feudal lords to scurry."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu touched the hilt of the sword, prepared to attack at command. He glared at the Necromancer.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

"Today is not that day Kuchiki. You will hear from me shortly."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

"Very well. I will then excuse myself." There is a hint of disappointment in Lord Kuchiki's voice, though his face remains stone-hewn.

He gives Lord Shiba a respectfull bow, then nods to Qiu Tao as he straightens. "Let us go."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: All Along the Watchtower

The Necromancer waits until the Lordling and his retainer leave, staring across the field with its implacable gaze. "They will not take no for an answer. I will prepare a defense. Prepare yourself Lord Shiba. We will speak again and soon. I am certain you have questions." With a motion to Kuang the Necromancer turns, its shadow cast against the wolf Hollow. "I trust in your ability to hold a fort for twenty four hours until then, Lord Shiba." With that, the Necromancer disappears into its own shadow dragging the wolf Hollow Kuang along with it.

Elsewhere

Where the two end up is dark. Darker than dark. As if the sun and moon both were swallowed up by some cosmic gloom and every star in the sky simply burned away like motes of ash. Only the Necromancer's eyes pierced this tenebrous waste, two pin pricks of red in the endless black. "We've work to do. Are you prepared for what is to come?" The Necromancer's voice comes from everywhere at once, crushing like waves and with a strange timber that reverberates in the murk.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; On the way back to Kuchiki Manor]

As Lord Kuchiki and Qiu Tao regroup with the others, the Lord glances up to the sky. It's clear they won't get all the way back before nightfall. When the sun begins nearing the horizon, he calls the company to halt. "We'll camp here. Set up the watch." He then turns to Qiu Tao. "We two will sleep in the same tent." He walks closer to the blacksmith and puts a hand on his shoulder. "We won't rest a lot tonight. Since Shiba did not give a clear answer, there's another thing we need to discuss. Royal matters." Then he lets go and goes to work to set up their shelter.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Afterlife; On the way back to Kuchiki Manor]

As Lord Kuchiki and Qiu Tao regroup with the others, the Lord glances up to the sky. It's clear they won't get all the way back before nightfall. When the sun begins nearing the horizon, he calls the company to halt. "We'll camp here. Set up the watch." He then turns to Qiu Tao. "We two will sleep in the same tent." He walks closer to the blacksmith and puts a hand on his shoulder. "We won't rest a lot tonight. Since Shiba did not give a clear answer, there's another thing we need to discuss. Royal matters." Then he lets go and goes to work to set up their shelter.
    Qiu, paused and gave a long glance, to make sure the soldiers can do this job on their own.
    "Very well." he said, and has entered the tent after Lord Kuchiki.
    ""What is the matter, you wanted to discuss Lord Kuchiki?"

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

"What do you think a King is for?", Lord Kuchiki asks.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kane Shiba: The Watch Fort]

Kane Shiba nods and sets immediately to the work of organizing defenses, rotating guard watches, and the soldiers and materials along the wall should an attack come. Once the Necromancer and his servant left, Lord Shiba set to his own work, as his commanders continued the preparations.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "What do you think a King is for?", Lord Kuchiki asks.
    Qiu sighed. He wasn't surprised that Lord Kuchiki was from the philosophical kind of leaders- he guessed it was actually a good thing in the long run.
    "King is the mightiest person, chosen by the celestial mandate, a god among mortals. He can do as he please, his words and commands are holy. Life and death of his people are nothing but his toys.' At least.. that what he learned after dieing seven times at the Warring States Age Of China.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kuchiki Camp - The Borderlands]

The two cloaked figures stole across the no-man's land between the Fortress and the Kuchiki encampment. They moved quickly, low to the ground, moving from shadow to shadow, still as stone when the moon shown through the clouds.

The perimeter guard was easy enough to circumvent, his night sight ruined by the torch he carried, too concerned with his pool of light to see the darkened shapes slip past him. A downed sentry caused an alarm when discovered - a sentry who believed his camp secure was an asset.

They strode through the camp, hoods, avoiding the campfires and tent-circles of most of the soldiers, skirting their light and warmth for the protective shawl of cold and shadow. They reach the heart of the camp, with its Lordly tent. The last thing the guards remembered was a stinging pain in their neck, and one, hardier than the other, manages to reach up and remove a tiny bone needle from his neck before the toxin overtakes him and he slumps soundlessly to the ground.

Kane Shiba bends over the two guards quickly, checking their pulse - alive, though deeply asleep. He takes one, and his companion the other, and rolls them under the edge of the tent, before ducking inside.

Hood still up, he and his companion stand and step forward. "Forgive the intrusion, Lord Kuchiki, but we needed to talk - alone." He gestures to the other present in the tent. "Only those you trust with your body and soul should hear this."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Though their faces are obscured, Kuchiki is likely to recognize the voice of the man speaking to him, however this is the first time he has seen Kane Shiba exercise subtlety.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-04-02 at 12:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu's body almost moved automatically- no king he has served before, would have forgiven such intrusion.

"He'l forgive you at hell, scum!" on one fast move he sheathed off his sword, which somehow grew to two handed sized sword. Second gesture he slashed at them both- normal soldoers would have sliced in two, before realizing what just happened.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Qiu's body almost moved automatically- no king he has served before, would have forgiven such intrusion.

"He'l forgive you at hell, scum!" on one fast move he sheathed off his sword, which somehow grew to two handed sized sword. Second gesture he slashed at them both- normal soldoers would have sliced in two, before realizing what just happened.
    As the man shouts, Kane Shiba is already moving. He bodily shoves the figure next to him to the side, drawing his sword in a single motion, low across his body to ward away the attack. The two blades collide, and for a moment it seems as though the Lord Shiba has blocked the stoke. Then there is a sound like the calving of an iceberg, and the zweihander shatters near the crossguard. Kane Shiba is already throwing himself backwards into a roll, and comes up in a crouch, sword hilt held in a reverse grip.

"Call off your dog, Kuchiki, or I will put him down. I need no sword."

In his youth, Kane Shiba had been famous for his hand to hand combat skills, and had taken down numerous armed opponents before with only his hands and his own strength.

Behind him, the cloaked figure has its hands drawn into the sleeves of its robes.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-04-03 at 11:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Yan Wao Shen: All Along the Watchtower

The Necromancer waits until the Lordling and his retainer leave, staring across the field with its implacable gaze. "They will not take no for an answer. I will prepare a defense. Prepare yourself Lord Shiba. We will speak again and soon. I am certain you have questions." With a motion to Kuang the Necromancer turns, its shadow cast against the wolf Hollow. "I trust in your ability to hold a fort for twenty four hours until then, Lord Shiba." With that, the Necromancer disappears into its own shadow dragging the wolf Hollow Kuang along with it.

Elsewhere

Where the two end up is dark. Darker than dark. As if the sun and moon both were swallowed up by some cosmic gloom and every star in the sky simply burned away like motes of ash. Only the Necromancer's eyes pierced this tenebrous waste, two pin pricks of red in the endless black. "We've work to do. Are you prepared for what is to come?" The Necromancer's voice comes from everywhere at once, crushing like waves and with a strange timber that reverberates in the murk.
    Kuang nods. "I most certainly am, Master."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I mean, it's not like he would say anything else.
    Last edited by King539; 2017-04-03 at 12:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: Roots of the World

The overwhelming darkness recedes quickly, pulling outward like a wave as large braziers burst to life with arcane flames that stretch far up towards the unseen ceiling above to reveal a massive cave. All along the walls of this cavern are massive bodies twisted in anguish, swords and spears the size of giants pinning them to the stone. Rivers of ichor run from where the blades pierce, reflecting the light of the torches in a dazzling rainbow hue. "Come then. Take a bowl and collect the blood. Time is short. The nobles will turn sure as the sun sets. Fools all, the ritual must begin if we are to aid them." The Necromancer holds out a large ornate bowl carved of bone, a rainbow residue shining within.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki encampment]

Lord Kuchiki rises up and gestures to Qiu Tao. "Stay your blade." Then he steps forward, his hand on the hilt of his own sword, though he does not draw it yet.

"Coming here like a thief in the night, what sort of reception did you expect?", he asks with a bored tone. Then his expression and voice hardens. "For your sake, I hope you have not harmed anyone. There are no dogs here, only men. Now... do spit out whatever it is you couldn't say earlier today."