New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [IC]

[Afterlife; Kuchiki Encampment]

"Your guards outside will wake up with a nasty headache and a fair bit of embarrassment - nothing more. I came to find common ground, not further conflict."

The figure next to Kane Shiba removes its hood, revealing the face of a woman. Her face is the sort of quiet perfection that draws no attention until it is studied, and is all the more beautiful for it. Her eyes are hard, however, and there is a deep blush in her cheeks from the recent exertion. "My wife, Ana. I don't believe the two of you have been formally introduced, given our... previous relationship."

"As to the why of my visit - the Necromancer has spies in my camp, men and women he has surely twisted to his will, even a watchdog who openly walks among us. For fear of my family, I could not speak openly. I am certain he has soldiers among you, as well." No chair is proffered, and Lord Shiba does not take one. Ana stands next to him, her face like carved stone, and her hands deep in her robes. "I want the Necromancer dead. I also want the future of our people secured. I mean to use him to that effect, then discard him once his purpose is served."

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

"If I find any of mine conspiring with such vermin, they will pay due price for their treachery", Lord Kuchiki says plainly. "I believe this plan will leave you much more open to deception than you'd like. But very well. Now, you mentioned something about a watchdog? Who or what do you mean?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu remained cold and stoic. He kept his hand on the sword, prepared to act at sudden moves or commands.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

"One of His Hollows - among my camp!" Kane Shiba's face is screwed up in disgust.

"I know this plan is dangerous, Kuchiki. I know what's at stake. I am given reason, however, to believe that the Necromancer is not entirely lying, at least about the Soul King." The Lord Shiba motions his wife forward.

Lady Ana Shiba is a strong woman, of great will and tenacity - she would not have caught the eye of Kane any other way. She looks Lord Kuchiki directly in the eyes. "Sometimes I see glimpses of what may come to pass. All of these visions are in flux, and the more connected the outcome is to my family and myself, the more often I see them." She pauses for a moment to let this sink in, then continues. "I have not had a dreamless night for over 2 years, and every night has been consumed by one, singular outcome. If the Soul King is not stopped, he will consume us all."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki looks at Ana. "And what is the supposed mechanism? What is the cause for our King to act this way and to do that?"

He turns to look at Kane. "I believe I said to you already: there is no fate in this world other than cause and effect. Deception and manipulation, however, are real. I do not place my trust in any prophecy or vision, because staging such and setting people to act in a superficially similar manner is easier than actually seeing the future."

"This said, I do acknowledge our King is dangerous. That is why we Kuchiki have tried our utmost to make the residents of this land follow the Will of the King. But that's because acting against His Majesty's Will is synonymous to seeking to end the world. I admit to not always knowing Our Majesty's desires, but you'll be hard-pressed to convince me some ver... the necromancer knows any better."

Lord Kuchiki glanced at Qiu Tao. Is this a hint to what they were supposed to talk about before the Shibas barged in?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu nodded.
    "Treason, is more than merely sin- it's a suicide. I were blamed for many sins- but cowardice isn't one of them.' Qiu said grimly.
    "As far, as I see it, this suspicious supposedly, necromancer want us to die- want us to go against the king. And even if I wrong- it's more honorable to die, at the hands of the king as innocent, than as traitor... however..' he looked at Lord Kuchiki. "I have sworn my loyalty to Lord Kuchiki, and for all that matters... he is my king.'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

"Blind loyalty is the mark of a dog, not a man." Kane Shiba looks at Qui, disgust written on every line of his face. "King or Peasant, Sorcerer or Swordsman, no one should be defined by their station. It is the actions of a man that define him." Lord Shiba turns away from the swordsman.

"You need not believe me, Kuchiki Lord. I see only outcomes. The King will return, and with him he will herald the destruction of all. You are a man of action, are you not? When death and destruction come to your doorstep, will you stop and ask the monster why it chooses to kill, or strike it down?" Ana Shiba looks at the man across from her, something akin to pity in her eyes, tempered with no small bit of hatred. She clearly neither wishes to be here, nor to speak with them.

Kane Shiba turns back to Lord Kuchiki. "Do you feel that our King cares for us? Do you feel he serves our best interest?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu's veins on his forehead getting swollen with rage.

[COLOR="#00FF00"]"Then it seems, any dog is much more noble creature than you. You are a barbarian with no respect to authority. People like you, making humanity crumble back to being lawless beasts. When you defy the celestial order, that it means nothing limits you. You don't seem to feel any shame crawling here like a rat, and beg for the assistance of your enemy against your king for your personal selfish agenda"[/COLOR The usually silent Qiu, couldn't help but getting into a speech.

"If the decision was my to make, the heads of you and your wife were thrown into your city, and then I would raze it, and salt- so everyone would know what happens to lawless barbarians, who deny the celestoal order.'] he tightened his hold over the sword.

"Luckily for you, the decision is up to Lord Kuchiki the merciful.' he said more calmly.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuchiki looks into Ana's eyes as she speaks to him. "Of course would ask why, from myself if no-one else", he says firmly, "for it is why which sets man apart from monster. You and the necromancer speak as if his Majesty is a misfortune of which we are but victims. But such is nonsense. Everyone in this land is responsible before the Law of His Will. How do you know this death and destruction isn't a just retribution for our sins?"

He glances at Kane. "And that should be answer to your question also. Every criminal, from petty thief to high treasoner, would have claim it i their 'best interests' to dodge the Law, but that cannot be used as measure of anything. I will seek counsel with my King, to bring clarity this issue. But as the King's man, I cannot tolerate you speaking ill of my Lord because of feeble claims by some necromancer."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Kane Shiba looks at his wife, and the two share a moment of silence. An entire discussion is had in moments. Finally, after a pause, Kane Shiba sighs deeply. He raises a hand, a conceding gesture.

"You are a man of rules and order, of laws and codes. I have always respected that about you, even if I did not agree. I can see that your mind is made up on this matter - you will need to see for yourself before you will be convinced. I hope this does not cost you more than you wish - should you find that I am correct, and you have need of me, you need only call. Nobility must always strive to remain noble, and prove itself thusly, again and again. We have not always seen eye to eye, you and I, but it is in times like these that there must be unity. If you truly find beyond a shadow of a doubt that what I have said is false, then return to me, and we will bring the Necromancer low, together. If you find my words true... I hope you live long enough for me to say that I told you so."

The Lord Shiba nods his head as a gesture of respect to his peer, then once more dons his hood, turning to leave.

Lady Ana Shiba turns to Qui. She raises her right hand slowly. In it is a single metal needle, long and slim. It glints in the firelight. "You are playing a game amongst your betters. Do not make the mistake of thinking your newfound familiarity with Lord Kuchiki protects you. And never-" Her arm comes down, and the needle buries itself into the post of the Kuchiki tent "presume to threaten that which you do not comprehend. My ascendancy was earned in blood. The next time you make the mistake of thinking me harmless, it will be your last." Ana turns without another word, raising her hood and following her husband into the night.

If the needle was examined, it would be seen to have pinned the wings of a fly, the body of the insect still struggling to escape.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Yan Wao Shen: Roots of the World

The overwhelming darkness recedes quickly, pulling outward like a wave as large braziers burst to life with arcane flames that stretch far up towards the unseen ceiling above to reveal a massive cave. All along the walls of this cavern are massive bodies twisted in anguish, swords and spears the size of giants pinning them to the stone. Rivers of ichor run from where the blades pierce, reflecting the light of the torches in a dazzling rainbow hue. "Come then. Take a bowl and collect the blood. Time is short. The nobles will turn sure as the sun sets. Fools all, the ritual must begin if we are to aid them." The Necromancer holds out a large ornate bowl carved of bone, a rainbow residue shining within.
    Kuang takes the bowl and walks over to one of the rivers of blood. He kneels, and begins to fill the bowl.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki encampment]

Lord Kuchiki watches silently as the Shibas vanish into the night, holding his hand up as a sign for Qiu Tao to stay put. "We'll let them go. For now." He plucks the needle from the tent pole, looks at the dying insect, and then flicks it away.

"Instead, we will go to Earth. After we've returned our soldiers and restocked. We need to resume the matter I was about to talk of before those two interfered."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Afterlife; Kuchiki encampment]

Lord Kuchiki watches silently as the Shibas vanish into the night, holding his hand up as a sign for Qiu Tao to stay put. "We'll let them go. For now." He plucks the needle from the tent pole, looks at the dying insect, and then flicks it away.

"Instead, we will go to Earth. After we've returned our soldiers and restocked. We need to resume the matter I was about to talk of before those two interfered."
    Qiu Tao, smiled. Amused. He couldn't help but to remember his only love from his seven lives. Such beauty, and such deadliness.. mixture of emotions were finally seen over his usually stoic face.

"To earth? What buisness do you have there?' Qiu dared... to question Lord Kuchiki's will?

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki looks pensive. "As I said, I am the King's man. And I said we exist to uphold the Law of His Will. And I said I would seek counsel with His Majesty to bring clarity to the issue of what His Will is."

He takes a deep breath and looks away from Qiu Tao. "... the root of the problem is that His Majesty has withdrawn from His people. He has left it unclear what His Will is, and He is not easy to reach."

Lord Kuchiki sighs and sits down. "I will tell more, later, when we are on our way. I will share with you one of the greatest secrets my family has been tasked to carry. But more about that tomorrow. My wounds still have not healed fully, and this discussion has taken more out of me than I expected. I must rest. I recommend you do the same, after sharing the situation with our guards and making sure they are all up again."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: The Roots of the World

The Necromancer moves to follow suit, stepping towards the center of the massive cave where the largest of the figures stands as if holding up the entire cavity on the weight of mighty shoulders. Its body is more like that of some great porcupine with the spears and blades stuck into its rock like skin and as Yan Wao Shen, the Necromancer, steps forth the blood that seeps from its wounds begins to weep like rivers. The Necromancer says something in a long forgotten tongue and all about the cavern begins to glow a pale light, illuminating the other statuesque figures.

"We take only what is required." Yan Wao Shen seems to say to no one in particular, smearing some of the collected blood upon its skull mask where it glows with bright illumination before its rainbow hues sink into the bleached bone. "Now come, ancient hollows that yet roam among the bones of the fallen." The words boom across the cavern, rattling the very ground and at its bidding a host of pitiable Hollows begin to stalk from the shadows, some moving to try and take the bowl from Kaung though the majority of the host swarm the Necromancer until it all but disappears under their weight. Globs of rainbow blood fly into the air, absorbing once they hit the hollows which begin to fuse and before long all that remains is a vast tapestry of tattered black cloth and the Necromancer. Those Hollows that remain flee once more to the darkness, the light within the cave receding to plunge the pair into darkness.

When Kaung next opens his eyes, he is back at the Shiba camp, alone, with a message etched into the dust. "Follow the Kuichiki. Learn of their weapons. Then return to me."
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-12 at 11:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Lord Kuchiki looks pensive. "As I said, I am the King's man. And I said we exist to uphold the Law of His Will. And I said I would seek counsel with His Majesty to bring clarity to the issue of what His Will is."

He takes a deep breath and looks away from Qiu Tao. "... the root of the problem is that His Majesty has withdrawn from His people. He has left it unclear what His Will is, and He is not easy to reach."

Lord Kuchiki sighs and sits down. "I will tell more, later, when we are on our way. I will share with you one of the greatest secrets my family has been tasked to carry. But more about that tomorrow. My wounds still have not healed fully, and this discussion has taken more out of me than I expected. I must rest. I recommend you do the same, after sharing the situation with our guards and making sure they are all up again."

Qiu remained silent for a minute, struggling back to his stoic attitude.
    "As you see fit, Lord Kuchiki. How harshly may I punish the soldiers?"

At the armies he led, such shameful fail would sentence his soldiers and their families to painful and creative death.
    But he has guessed, that Lord Kuchiki won't do that. And honestly... Qiu Tao never wanted to those things, and now he hoped not to dirt his hands again needlessly with blood of innocents.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

"They were bested by a superior enemy. Let their shame be their punishment. If some of them want to take their own lives due to that, let them. They will answer to me personally once... *yawn*... once we are back... home..."

And just like that, Lord Kuchiki falls asleep.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao

Qiu was amazed, but said nothing. He made sure everything in place, and then let himself, take a nap, but gotten awakened by the slightest moves.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki manor, the next day]

After reaching home, the soldiers clean their equipment. Those who were at watch duty when the Shiba attacked are made to publicly apologize to their Lord and families. Some of the men look very pale and downtrodden at this - it is as if living with the shame is as bad or worse than death.

Lord Kuchiki himself withdraws to his quarters to switch his bandages. There is still a scar where the blade pierced his heart. The wound has not healed in full yet, so the coming trip is dangerous - but even more dangerous still would it be to not act.

When ready, Lord Kuchiki approaches Qiu Tao. He has nothing but his own weapon and armor and a backpack for his supplies. "We travel light. Are you ready, to return to the land of mortals?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Right before dawn, Qiu stopped his restless naps right before dawn.

Lord Kuchiki easily enough find him, sitting on his knees staring at his sword mediating.

"No. But my wars never wait for mw to be ready. Let's go."

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki blinks. "In the future, I expect you to be ready. Always."

They make a quick detour through the dwellings of the soldiers. Lord Kuchiki asks one of them to surrender their backpack and they do, pulling it from under their bed and handing it to Qiu Tao.

Then their way goes out of the gates again. A chilly wind blows against the faces of the two men as they follow an old road created by stomping feet of thousands.

The road, seemingly, ends between to weather-beaten stone pylons, standing high as five men each. Qiu Tao has been here once before, when arriving to this otherworld.

"These stones mark the border of worlds. It is here where us of the Heavenly realm can cross back into the realm of the living. Once you cross the treshold, keep your gaze straight ahead. Do not look to the sides. Do not stray from the path. If you do, there is no telling where and when you will end up."

"Brace yourself."

Lord Kuchiki takes a deep breath and then sprints between the stones, vanishing from the afterlife as he plunges into the world-between-worlds.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao was ashamed to dissapoint his master. But how could he explain his feelings to someone- especially his Master.
    Admitting and facing his sins inside his blade heart was one thing.. but admitting them to other? That was entierly a diffrent thing.

How could he explain the pain, butchery and blood he spred over seven life times?

Those hollows... all of his creation.
    Qiu sighed deeply, and obdiently followed the path.
    The path to earth- his own hell.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: Shiba Camp

The Necromancer took its leave of its apprentice, walking through the shadows of the large walls it had called up from the heart of the Afterlife. It moved slowly along the perimeter, tracing arcane sigils against the pale yellow stone with glowing paint which soon leeched into the porous earth where the light died away.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth]

The trip through the world-between-worlds is harrowing but mercifully short. The dark, cave-like environment is soon replaced by cool night of the Eurasian continent. Qiu Tao finds Lord Kuchiki waiting for him on a nearby rock. "From here, we will travel to a distant city the mortals call 'Rome' ", Lord Kuchiki speaks when Qiu Tao catches up with him. "I must warn you: you may experience feelings such as hunger or exhaustion now that we're here again. But as we are of the Heavenly realm, the food of this world will provide us no sustenance, nor will mortal dwellings provide shelter. Eat only what you have in your backpack and keep your wits about."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Just outside the Kuchiki encampment

About a minute after Qiu Tao and Lord Kuchiki enter, a dark shape follows them through. The Hollow Kuang is following orders, staying a distance from the Balancers.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu Tao

Rome? Qiu Tao was thankfull. He might have heard this name before as refrence for a westren mythological kingdom, but nothing more than that.

So... they weren't in China. Very well. They might go fast enough avoid meeting... his sins.
    As usual Qiu hasn't asked questions. He nodded. "Your will is my command, Lord Kuchiki." he said stoicly.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Yan Wao Shen: Shiba Camp

The Necromancer took its leave of its apprentice, walking through the shadows of the large walls it had called up from the heart of the Afterlife. It moved slowly along the perimeter, tracing arcane sigils against the pale yellow stone with glowing paint which soon leeched into the porous earth where the light died away.
    "H-Hey! You there! What in the name of the Balance are you doing?!" The Guard leans over the wall, an arrow nocked and pointed at the Necromancer. He clearly could not see who he was addressing, or was too stupid to know the futility of the arrow.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; on the way to Rome]

With peternatural fleetness, the two spirits run through the wilderness and countryside of the mortal realm. As they move, Lord Kuchiki changes his pace to run parallel to Qiu Tao. "Something is following us", he whispers. "Man or beast, I know not, but it can't be of this world. The living cannot see us. Let's put some distance between ourselves, see if it favors pursuing one over the other. If it does, the second of us can try to circle behind it and ambush it."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "H-Hey! You there! What in the name of the Balance are you doing?!" The Guard leans over the wall, an arrow nocked and pointed at the Necromancer. He clearly could not see who he was addressing, or was too stupid to know the futility of the arrow.
    Two pin pricks of red light gleam from the darkness below at the voice, a dry voice issuing up soon after. "I am making the walls stronger than iron and lighter than air. I am whispering to the roots of this world to anchor your defenses so they will stand for a thousand years and more. With the blood of Gods I am aiding you, soon your weapons will be of no worth to the might of what you defend. Come, witness glory."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

"What? Uhhhh.... Stop whatever that is! And... uhhh... stay right there!" The Guard takes out a small tube and lights the end with the brazier next to him. Moments later, an incandescent rocket streaks into the sky. It is stark white.

The two have to wait only seconds before a cadre of guardsmen and women come storming around the walls, weapons drawn. Upon seeing the walls and the Necromancer, hurried whispers of "get the Lord. quick!" begin circling through the guards, who keep their weapons trained on the figure in front of them. Moments later, a runner, seeming to be overjoyed at having permission to leave, runs off in the direction of the camp.