New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Hallway

"Oh. Well. All right then. Your loss." Grace shrugs slightly. Douglas was welcome to say no. His choice.

The croissant is also absolutely amazing. Just the right amount of buttery goodness to puffy and flakiness that makes a croissant wonderful. They'd give the Heavens' own bakeries a run for their money.
    "That sounds fascinating and I would absolutely love to hear more!" Though Grace did have to stifle a bit of a giggle when Honey said the word 'dogma'. SHE HID IT PRETTY WELL TOO. GOSH.
    "Yeah, basically! Few nuance differences, but those are super minor. Though it, uh, looks like your friend here rather wants to get going. You should swing by the lab! I'd love to talk to you more!"
    [Hallways]

He's my employer, not my friend. Honey shakes her head side to side, which causes her ears to flop around. I'll be busy working for awhile, I think, but I'll try to stop by if I need a break. She's sure she can find Grace's lab. This place must have signs around somewhere, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Office]
    Khaari is also headed this way, either because she thinks Tobias had something to talk with her about, or because she might be in trouble again and she'd like to check how much. It's a hobby of hers.
    [Office]

The swordsman is still in Tobias' office, standing at parade rest off to the side of the desk. He doesn't move his head or even his eyes when she enters. The fox-eyed king, however, looks up from a manila folder. Khaari! I was just about to send for you. How are things? The way he says the word gives it a special significance, albeit one whose meaning is not readily apparent.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

((I might have forgotten Naku was even in here.))

Isaac will nod bashfully. After he make sure his room in fact stays his room, the elephant will go trundling through the halls looking for interaction. He doesn't want to go home until his transformation has worn off. He was expecting this whole process to take a lot longer.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Hallways]

He's my employer, not my friend. Honey shakes her head side to side, which causes her ears to flop around. I'll be busy working for awhile, I think, but I'll try to stop by if I need a break. She's sure she can find Grace's lab. This place must have signs around somewhere, right?
    Hallways

Grace is entirely sidetracked by the floppy ears flopping about. They're just. So. Scritchable . . .
    "Ooooh. I see. Well, I look forward to it! There are signs, or you could ask anyone if you need. It was good meeting you both!"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Tour

((I might have forgotten Naku was even in here.))

Isaac will nod bashfully. After he make sure his room in fact stays his room, the elephant will go trundling through the halls looking for interaction. He doesn't want to go home until his transformation has worn off. He was expecting this whole process to take a lot longer.
    Tour

((Truthfully, Naku isn't here. But that's never stopped Civvy before!))

Civvy does at least follow along a bit, skipping along with her new buddy IS. Grace would be easy to find, likely in the lab, but Naku'd have to be, uh, brought in. Which isn't a big deal, but Civvy is following along, just in case.

Though Civvy also remains with Quin. While also going with IS.
    Civvy works in mysterious ways.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-01-24 at 01:27 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallways

Well, the Lab it is! Civvy really didn't specify if it was a magic-lab or a Science!lab so he might as well take a peek.
    He must say that he's really impressed with how not-cramped he's feeling right now. Not being crowded in like at school might be the reason.

5. - Top - End - #35

Hallways

Well, the Lab it is! Civvy really didn't specify if it was a magic-lab or a Science!lab so he might as well take a peek.
    He must say that he's really impressed with how not-cramped he's feeling right now. Not being crowded in like at school might be the reason.
    Hallways -> Lab

"Ooooh. Labstuffs. Khavefun~" Civvy says, before waving happily and taking a different turn to rejoin at least one timeline and makes things a liiiiittle less crazy.

The lab is definitely a Science!Lab. At least this one is. All full of beakers and vials and bubbling liquids on one half, and machinery and robot things and armor things on the other half.
    Only person in the lab currently is a woman playing with chemicals and humming to herself. She's got vibrantly strawberry-red colored hair, emerald green eyes, and nearly bronze-levels of tan. She's also wearing a full length lab-coat that obstructs everything else, even height, as she's sitting down at her desk.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Isaac stops in his tracks, very much feeling his size. He's only a junior-level alchemist, and the last thing he wants to do is knock something over because he's too big for his own good.
    "Uh. Hi. Uh, I'm Isaac; I just joined. So uh, are you the base's lab technician?" he asks, hoping he isn't interrupting. And also trying to hide his giant war instrument as best he can. But he can't shrink it to mallet-mode when he's beefed up.

7. - Top - End - #37

Lab

Isaac stops in his tracks, very much feeling his size. He's only a junior-level alchemist, and the last thing he wants to do is knock something over because he's too big for his own good.
    "Uh. Hi. Uh, I'm Isaac; I just joined. So uh, are you the base's lab technician?" he asks, hoping he isn't interrupting. And also trying to hide his giant war instrument as best he can. But he can't shrink it to mallet-mode when he's beefed up.
    Lab

"Oh! Hello!" Grace says, turning around to face Isaac, after putting down the beakers and chemicals she was actively combining. "I'm Grace. I'd offer you a hand, but, um . . ." But he's rather big. And she likes having her hands. "Yeah, yeah. I work here. I mix the things and try not to make them explode." She informs him with a grin. "And you?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Isaac looks around at the lab, but suddenly something catches his eye.
    "Oh! If I'm a member, do I get any benefits? Like, you've got armor and stuff. Could I get a sweet set of battle-mage armor?" he asks, excited. Even if he's huge his age is probably apparent.

9. - Top - End - #39

Lab

Isaac looks around at the lab, but suddenly something catches his eye.
    "Oh! If I'm a member, do I get any benefits? Like, you've got armor and stuff. Could I get a sweet set of battle-mage armor?" he asks, excited. Even if he's huge his age is probably apparent.
    Lab

"Thaaaat I'm afraid I can't tell you. Not sure. I can hook you up with ointments, burn gels, flares, better oil or anti-freeze for that set of battle-armor if you want, but I caaan't actually get you the armor itself. I just play with chemicals. I can absolutely hook you up with whatever you need from my half of the lab," Grace grins a bit, but the possessive is most definite. "but nothing really from that half of the lab."

"Or glowsticks. Water purifiers." Grace continued, muttering somewhat. "Hot packs. Cold packs. A sweet lab coat."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-01-24 at 02:05 AM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Isaac deflates a little bit. But there's still hope!
    "I don't think my alchemy 2 course prepares me for stuff like that. Who runs the other half of the lab?" he asks of the chemist.

11. - Top - End - #41

Lab

Isaac deflates a little bit. But there's still hope!
    "I don't think my alchemy 2 course prepares me for stuff like that. Who runs the other half of the lab?" he asks of the chemist.
    Lab

"Oh! Are-are you learning about this? Because if you need some extra-curricular hands-on experience, playing with these is my entire job and I would love to share what I know. . .
    Also even if your class doesn't cover things you want, I'm here to make it for ya, so just let me know!

That half is. Uh. Ross. Floofy hair guy. Hasn't been around much lately."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

"Well a lot of alchemy is magical reagents and you seem to have a lot more of hard science. I'd be happy to stop by if something comes up. I ended up taking classes on three different kinds of magic, alchemy, and general combat and my brain can only really do one thing at a time." he explains, trying not to insult poor Grace.
    ((whose PC is Ross anyway?))

13. - Top - End - #43

Lab

"Well a lot of alchemy is magical reagents and you seem to have a lot more of hard science. I'd be happy to stop by if something comes up. I ended up taking classes on three different kinds of magic, alchemy, and general combat and my brain can only really do one thing at a time." he explains, trying not to insult poor Grace.
    ((whose PC is Ross anyway?))
    Lab

"Oh. Well, we've got the magical stuff around here somewhere too.
    Well!"
    Grace says, clapping her hands together once with a grin. She took no offense at all! "If you still need anything, by all means just let me know! Do you, uh, need anything?"
    ((Doom's!))
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shuttle Dock]
    Chryso smiles. "I like arranging flowers." Looking Civvy over again, she shrugs at her question. "Eh, kinda got kicked out of Hell?"

---

[Office]
    Khaari grins, amber eyes flicking. They dance from the swordsman to the folder to Tobias. "Oh, not bad. Another training dummy down, same old business. Anything you wanted to talk about?" She looks at Alex again. "Does it involve... that'd be our friend from Spec-Ops, no? Reinhardt, if I remember well enough?" She racks her memory, knowing a name and a face and little else.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Isaac scratches his head.
    "I don't think so right now? I might go find a soda but I wouldn't look for those in a lab." he tries to joke.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Shuttle Dock]
    Chryso smiles. "I like arranging flowers." Looking Civvy over again, she shrugs at her question. "Eh, kinda got kicked out of Hell?"
    Shuggle Dock

"That's great! Flowers are super pretty! I've got a garden of my own! You should take a look at some point if you want to!" Though the garden was mostly pink flowers. Some were white though. And some new ones were more orangy! And some new new ones were kinda purply! And some of the newest ones were orange and purply!
    But mostly pink.
    "Well they sound like a bunch of jerks for kicking you out! I'm sorry to hear that."

Lab

Isaac scratches his head.
    "I don't think so right now? I might go find a soda but I wouldn't look for those in a lab." he tries to joke.
    Lab

"Minifridge! Right over there." Grace gestures off to one of the back corners, kind of away from the various other chemicals. Better safe than not, right? Though the minifridge did have a collection of sodas, it also had some unlabeled bottles various chemicals that apparently needed to be kept cold. "So, uhh, what about you?" Grace isn't as good at this as Civvy is. But she's at least going to try. "Um. You mentioned classes? College, or like, the equivalent? And uh. What do you do for fun?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Isaac grabs a bottle that is definitely soda and not some horrible science experiment in a bottle. It's practically hidden in his hand as he struggles to open it. Most of it will be gone in seconds thanks to his big mouth. Well, it's cold and refreshing at least.
    "I go to Zaff's down in Inside. And uh, I'm an artist, sorta. Watch shows and stuff. Guess my skills and my hobbies don't really mesh..." he admits.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Range]

Quin steps into the range and inspects the targets and the backstops. Hopefully they should be strong enough to withstand hits from his weaponry.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Well, that- that's what they do, right? It's supposed to be cold?" Civvy sounds rather confused. If a fridge wasn't cold, it was probably broken. Did, did Dani want her to break the fridge? What had the fridge done to deserve that? D: Poor fridge!
    "But it won't let me innnnnn!" Dani complains (belatedly), scowling at the appliance in question. And giving it a kick for good measure. "I need my ice cream fix!"

Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    Without a long-unfamiliar hum, a certain snow-headed demon appeared in HALO, looking for a certain short redhead. He didn't really remember his way around - actually he had forgotten most of it - but he was still pretty sure the hallways twisted in new ways and, oh hey, the fish population was back up since he had basically destroyed it. Neat!
    Okay, uh, kitchen, maybe. If he could find his way there. Oh, or maybe the work out room... or the pool... hrm.
    ...and in the kitchen, Dani aims a weapons-grade glare of cuteness at the fridge once more. "HMPF!" she exclaims, loud enough to be heard over a good part of the base!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #50

Lab

Isaac grabs a bottle that is definitely soda and not some horrible science experiment in a bottle. It's practically hidden in his hand as he struggles to open it. Most of it will be gone in seconds thanks to his big mouth. Well, it's cold and refreshing at least.
    "I go to Zaff's down in Inside. And uh, I'm an artist, sorta. Watch shows and stuff. Guess my skills and my hobbies don't really mesh..." he admits.
    Lab

But chugging dangerously horrible Science is what makes life interesting! Or short. BUT MOSTLY INTERESTING!
    "Iiii've never heard of Zaff's." Grace admits, with a kind of half shrug. "But you're an artist?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Range]

Quin steps into the range and inspects the targets and the backstops. Hopefully they should be strong enough to withstand hits from his weaponry.
    Range

Civvy follows along, hop-skippin' her way along behind Quin. The good news is that the targets are definitely strong enough to withstand hits from him. Unless he was firing actual nukes down the range, anyway.
    "Sooo. What are thoooose?" Civvy asks, nodding at Quin's weaponry. She didn't use weapons, but it's always so neat to see what everyone has. They're all so unique!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "But it won't let me innnnnn!" Dani complains (belatedly), scowling at the appliance in question. And giving it a kick for good measure. "I need my ice cream fix!"

...and in the kitchen, Dani aims a weapons-grade glare of cuteness at the fridge once more. "HMPF!" she exclaims, loud enough to be heard over a good part of the base!
    "Well then let's get this ope-" Civvy starts to say, and starts to move to help open the door, before Dani's cuteness-bomb goes off, and fully blasts her out of the kitchen head over heels so that the other scene can continue with minimal interference!
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-01-24 at 10:56 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

Without getting lost all that many times on the way there, Esmock finally arrived at his destination, fully prepared after his talk with Grant not to see Dani... and paused, when he did see her, and only then realized he went to HALO sort of on a whim and didn't really know what he was going to say when he saw her.
    It had been so long, and, what with time distortion between dimensions, probably longer for him.
    And somebody else seemed to be in the kitchen and that made him self conscious about being nice without any pretenses. Like, y'know, or not.
    His tail flicked, and he knocked on the door frame. "'scuse me."
    Last edited by Siena; 2017-01-24 at 11:07 PM.

HALOです。

22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Range

Quin raises one hand, palm out towards a target, then blinks down at Civvy. His eyes actually wink out for a moment when he blinks. He lowers his hand.

"Well, they're cannons of a sort. When I was at home, they fired pieces of code that would could destroy or degrade other pieces of code. Now though, they're some kind of destructive beam weapon. I don't really understand it myself; the best I've been able to tell is that when I fell into the Nexus, it changed me substantially, making what were data manipulations into real phenomena. Some things work exactly like they did when I was just a program, others are...different." Quin isn't quite sure Civvy will understand all of that, since he barely understands it himself, but no sense in trying to hide the truth.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-01-24 at 11:01 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Well, Isaac could discover that that refreshing drink wasn't soda at all! Especially as he puts the bottle down on a nearby table in clear view of Grace. But right now all seems normal.
    "Yeah, you might be surprised but I have fairly dexterous hands." he says proudly.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Range

Quin raises one hand, palm out towards a target, then blinks down at Civvy. His eyes actually wink out for a moment when he blinks. He lowers his hand.

"Well, they're cannons of a sort. When I was at home, they fired pieces of code that would could destroy or degrade other pieces of code. Now though, they're some kind of destructive beam weapon. I don't really understand it myself; the best I've been able to tell is that when I fell into the Nexus, it changed me substantially, making what were data manipulations into real phenomena. Some things work exactly like they did when I was just a program, others are...different." Quin isn't quite sure Civvy will understand all of that, since he barely understands it himself, but no sense in trying to hide the truth.
    Range

"Like. Actual code? Or things full of syntax errors that just caused them to crash and stop working? Oooooh, or is it actual code written so poorly that the things just fall over and die because it's written that poorly?" Civvy how do you know tha- "Destructive beams are neat too though! Yeaaaah. That sounds like the Nexus. It'll do that to people.

Lab

Well, Isaac could discover that that refreshing drink wasn't soda at all! Especially as he puts the bottle down on a nearby table in clear view of Grace. But right now all seems normal.
    "Yeah, you might be surprised but I have fairly dexterous hands." he says proudly.
    Lab

The good news is that the soda was actual honest soda. The thing next to it might have turned all his fur red, but he chose wisely. "That's awesome! And I fully believe you, man." Grace said, holding her hands up a bit. "You know you far better than I do, so I will fully trust your word on this.
    Do you. Uh. Play video games? College students do that a lot, right?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

I don't think elephants have fur. Just mildly hairy skin. Besides, Isaac's technically immune to minor transfigurations as part of his elephant package.
    "I play a little bit. But comics and stuff cost money so I've never really had an up-to-date console." he stops, staring at the bottle.
    "Do you know if there's anything...bigger? I didn't see a bigger bottle in the fridge and I might need to order some if I stay here for a while." he says with an awkward grin.

26. - Top - End - #56

Lab

I don't think elephants have fur. Just mildly hairy skin. Besides, Isaac's technically immune to minor transfigurations as part of his elephant package.
    "I play a little bit. But comics and stuff cost money so I've never really had an up-to-date console." he stops, staring at the bottle.
    "Do you know if there's anything...bigger? I didn't see a bigger bottle in the fridge and I might need to order some if I stay here for a while." he says with an awkward grin.
    Lab

One-random-card-that-I-am-absolutely-not-cherry-picking-because-it-is-the-only-Loxodon-card-I-could-find-that-has-fur begs to differ! *flees while people are distracted by the only loxodon with fur I could find*

Well then the drink would have tasted refreshingly like strawberries!

"Oh, that, that's fair." Grace agreed with a bit of a nod. "I'm more of a PC person than a console, myself.
    But yeah, yeah, of course! Those are in the kitchen though. The ones I have down here are just the regular size. Do you want, we could go check?"
    Grace asks, already standing up.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab

Isaac seems surprised but enthusiastic.
    "Uh yeah, sure. We can do that. Let's go." he even says.

28. - Top - End - #58

Lab

Isaac seems surprised but enthusiastic.
    "Uh yeah, sure. We can do that. Let's go." he even says.
    Lab -> Kitchen B

"All right!" Grace undoes the jacket, folds it in half, and lays it across her chair. Taking off the jacket reveals that Grace has a slim, fit build, and is wearing just a loose t shirt and a pair of sweatpants.
    "I should check on my Crème brûlée anyway! It's been chilling for a handful of hours."

And then is off to Kitchen B (the one without a scene in it currently!)!
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen B

Isaac adjusts his glasses and lopes after Grace.
    "Sorry about the hassle. I'm not big like this all the time, but I kinda wanted to impress Civvy a little since she asked what I can do and all that. And one I'm up I'm like this for a few hours." he explains.

30. - Top - End - #60

Kitchen B

Isaac adjusts his glasses and lopes after Grace.
    "Sorry about the hassle. I'm not big like this all the time, but I kinda wanted to impress Civvy a little since she asked what I can do and all that. And one I'm up I'm like this for a few hours." he explains.
    Kitchin B

Grace stretches as they walk, honestly kind of glad for the excuse to get up and stretch her legs. "No hassle at all! Oh, reeeeally though?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at him over her shoulder. "That's really interesting! So, then normally youuuuu're . . . human?" Grace sounds honestly excited. She loves learning new things!
    Show