New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

Raaaange

"It was more like, code designed to disrupt and crash other code. I'm not too sure of the exact details myself, and in any case, the Nexus has certainly done its work to change it. Still, it works well now. Observe." He raises his arm once more, pointing his palm at one of the targets. There's the sound of an energy discharge, and a bright yellow bolt of energy streaks forth from his hand to drill a rather large scorched hole through the scoring ring of the target and put a new black mark on the backstop. He lowers his hand and looks down at Civvy, a smile evident in his eyes. "They're not my only weapons, but I think I should save the others on my body for a less enclosed area. I have others I can use, though." He demonstrates as the armored appendage on his back flips up, revealing hidden ports, from which, small, funnel-shaped metal objects fly out of, until there are five of them floating lazily in the air in front of him. Each is roughly the size of Civvy's fist, narrow ends pointing at the target. All at once they fire tiny, white energy beams that move almost too fast to see, making a higher pitched noise as they do so. Each beam burns a hole in the target roughly the size of a .45 caliber pistol bullet. After they fire, they zip up to float over his head as he looks back to Civvy. "Entertaining, no?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Kitchin B

Grace stretches as they walk, honestly kind of glad for the excuse to get up and stretch her legs. "No hassle at all! Oh, reeeeally though?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at him over her shoulder. "That's really interesting! So, then normally youuuuu're . . . human?" Grace sounds honestly excited. She loves learning new things!
    Isaac nods. "Uh, yeah. Good guess. But I suppose that is the most logical thing to guess." he admits.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Raaaange

"It was more like, code designed to disrupt and crash other code. I'm not too sure of the exact details myself, and in any case, the Nexus has certainly done its work to change it. Still, it works well now. Observe." He raises his arm once more, pointing his palm at one of the targets. There's the sound of an energy discharge, and a bright yellow bolt of energy streaks forth from his hand to drill a rather large scorched hole through the scoring ring of the target and put a new black mark on the backstop. He lowers his hand and looks down at Civvy, a smile evident in his eyes. "They're not my only weapons, but I think I should save the others on my body for a less enclosed area. I have others I can use, though." He demonstrates as the armored appendage on his back flips up, revealing hidden ports, from which, small, funnel-shaped metal objects fly out of, until there are five of them floating lazily in the air in front of him. Each is roughly the size of Civvy's fist, narrow ends pointing at the target. All at once they fire tiny, white energy beams that move almost too fast to see, making a higher pitched noise as they do so. Each beam burns a hole in the target roughly the size of a .45 caliber pistol bullet. After they fire, they zip up to float over his head as he looks back to Civvy. "Entertaining, no?"
    Range

"Oh my gosh you're a mega man!" Civvy, not all yellow arm lasers are Mega Ma- "You didn't tell me you're a mega man! I thought you were an armored core! That's super cool!
    Also the little mini men!

That's so cooooooool!"

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Isaac nods. "Uh, yeah. Good guess. But I suppose that is the most logical thing to guess." he admits.
    "Right on! Well," Grace starts, as they arrive in the kitchen. She goes to the fridge first, and pulls out a tray of small cups full of a pale, pale yellow substance. "the fridge is all yours!
    But tell me. Do youuuu, like fire?"
    She asks with a bit of an insane grin.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen B

Isaac's eyes go from Grace to the fridge to the cups.
    "Fire's a pretty useful tool in my arsenal. So yeah, I'd say that I like it." he answers blankly.

5. - Top - End - #65

Kitchen B

Isaac's eyes go from Grace to the fridge to the cups.
    "Fire's a pretty useful tool in my arsenal. So yeah, I'd say that I like it." he answers blankly.
    Kitchen B

"Oh good!" Grace puts the sheet down on the table, veeeery gently. She then hops over to the counter, grabs the bowl of sugar she set aside for this several hours ago, and begins sprinkling some of the sugar onto the tops of the stuff in the bowls.
    "But yeah, if you check the fridge, there should be something larger. I would, but then it'd be sized for me. It's all very confusing, as the fridge itself never seems to change."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #66

NinjaGuy

Range

Quin blinks in surprise at Civvy, surprised she knows about MegaMan.

"I am, or at least was, a NetNavi. I don't know MegaMan.EXE personally, but I've heard of him. One of my operator's friends apparently had something of a crush on his operator, though she only knew his operator by reputation, since he's never been to our city. How do you know of him? I've only met a couple of people who recognize what I am...or what I used to be, before I arrived here in the Nexus."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #67

Range

Quin blinks in surprise at Civvy, surprised she knows about MegaMan.

"I am, or at least was, a NetNavi. I don't know MegaMan.EXE personally, but I've heard of him. One of my operator's friends apparently had something of a crush on his operator, though she only knew his operator by reputation, since he's never been to our city. How do you know of him? I've only met a couple of people who recognize what I am...or what I used to be, before I arrived here in the Nexus."
    Range

Civvy is the most surprising of the surprisings!

"Oooooooh." Well, Civvy's never actually played a Mega Man game. "I have a few friends that know a lot about Mega Man stuffs. So I've heard a lot about it. But I don't know much about it myself, I have to admit."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    Esmock nodded. "Exactly." The demon's tail swayed, beginning to bore already, and he said "Well thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna go find the kitchen, we should get lunch sometime!" and tried to sidestep Grant to keep looking.
    Maybe later.

Grant's eyes narrow and looks at Esmock with an expression of pure ice.

Behave.

He then wanders off.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen B

"Oh good!" Grace puts the sheet down on the table, veeeery gently. She then hops over to the counter, grabs the bowl of sugar she set aside for this several hours ago, and begins sprinkling some of the sugar onto the tops of the stuff in the bowls.
    "But yeah, if you check the fridge, there should be something larger. I would, but then it'd be sized for me. It's all very confusing, as the fridge itself never seems to change."
    Isaac opens the fridge and indeed, there are soda cans that look at least half a gallon in side.
    "You know, I'm not even going to question that." he says, guzzling some of it.
    He does not drink any of it with his trunk, unfortunately.

10. - Top - End - #70

NinjaGuy

Range

"Ah, I see," Quin says, nodding. The little funnel-shaped blasters zip back around into his tail binder, and the appendage lowers. "Well, at this point, whatever anyone might know is probably only partially applicable anymore anyways. So, shall we wander a bit and see if anyone needs help with anything, or do you have other duties you need to attend to?"

11. - Top - End - #71

Isaac opens the fridge and indeed, there are soda cans that look at least half a gallon in side.
    "You know, I'm not even going to question that." he says, guzzling some of it.
    He does not drink any of it with his trunk, unfortunately.
    "Yeah. I just choose not to question many of HALO's oddities." Grace agrees, before clicking on a cooking torch, and melting the sugar on top of her Crème Brûlées.
    "Would you like one?" She offers, as she finishes caramelizing the sugar atop the third one.

Range

"Ah, I see," Quin says, nodding. The little funnel-shaped blasters zip back around into his tail binder, and the appendage lowers. "Well, at this point, whatever anyone might know is probably only partially applicable anymore anyways. So, shall we wander a bit and see if anyone needs help with anything, or do you have other duties you need to attend to?"
    Range

"Sure! I'm sure I've got some duties somewhere I'm forgetting, but that's fine. It's probably not life or death or anything. Where do you want to go?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Entrance Hall

From the shadows of the entrance hall, a Tiefling steps into the room eating BLT sandwich and holding a soda. Crumbs fall onto the floor behind him as he makes his way deeper into the base, looking for someone official to talk to.
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by HaltTheSlayer View Post
    Entrance Hall

From the shadows of the entrance hall, a Tiefling steps into the room eating BLT sandwich and holding a soda. Crumbs fall onto the floor behind him as he makes his way deeper into the base, looking for someone official to talk to.
    Entrance

And in to greet the newcomer is Civvy, once again! She's not in full dress though. This time just a loose, pink sweater, and some equally loose sweatpants.
    And fuzzy socks. Always fuzzy socks.

So likely Mr. Tiefling doesn't make it toooo far out of the entrance hall at all, before he's greeted.
    "Hi welcome to HALO! I'm Civvy who are you and what can I do for you?" She gasps out, all in one breath.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Kobold

Marlock holds up a finger as he is finishing his sandwich. Once he done he gives a rather toothy grin to Civvy.
    "My your full of energy, I like that. Who I am is Marlock Garrison, wander of the Nexus and trained scholar. What can you do is can you please direct me to the nearest official? I am looking to join this organization."
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

15. - Top - End - #75

Marlock holds up a finger as he is finishing his sandwich. Once he done he gives a rather toothy grin to Civvy.
    "My your full of energy, I like that. Who I am is Marlock Garrison, wander of the Nexus and trained scholar. What can you do is can you please direct me to the nearest official? I am looking to join this organization."
    "Oh, yeah, absolutely! Let me go get someone. Wait right here please!" Civvy says, before ducking back around the corner.
    She gives it a three count, quietly giggling to herself for the cleverness of this particular joke, before coming back out around the corner.
    "So, you would like to join, eh?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Kobold

wink Re: HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

Marlock smiles as he was reading Civvy's surface thoughts, however he wasn't the type to ruin someone's fun and plays along.
    "Yes and weren't you going to get an official?" He says, leaning against a wall.
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

17. - Top - End - #77

Marlock smiles as he was reading Civvy's surface thoughts, however he wasn't the type to ruin someone's fun and plays along.
    "Yes and weren't you going to get an official?" He says, leaning against a wall.
    Actually, any attempt to read Civvy's thoughts turns up blank.
    Well. Not blank. But just an absolute field of pink, roses, puppies, and clouds. Apparently she has quite a lot of blocks, but nice friendly ones. Like music in a waiting room, rather than just pure, eerie silence.
    "Yup. And I did."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Kobold

Marlock is not sure whether to be impressed or disturbed but either way he way he decided it's best not to go any further.
    "...Is it you?" Marlock just took a random guess.
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

19. - Top - End - #79

Marlock is not sure whether to be impressed or disturbed but either way he way he decided it's best not to go any further.
    "...Is it you?" Marlock just took a random guess.
    "Mmmhmmmmm." Civvy replies with a slow nod. "Soooo, again: You want to join HALO, yeah?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Kobold

Marlock smiles and nods.
    "Yes name's Marlock by the way...Is there anything I need to do? Anything I need to prove?"

Marlock pulls out muffin.
    "I've got muffins?"
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

21. - Top - End - #81

Marlock smiles and nods.
    "Yes name's Marlock by the way...Is there anything I need to do? Anything I need to prove?"

Marlock pulls out muffin.
    "I've got muffins?"
    ". . .
    . . .

Now. Normally I don't take bribes.
    But muffins are muffins . . .

Just a few questions though! Why do you want to join? What do you bring?"
    The way she asks these, it almost sounds like these are more questions that she's just really curious about, rather than any sort of requirement for joining.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Kobold

Marlock new this would come up either way. His smiles starts to disappear.
    "Well the reason I want to join is because while I try to dish out justice to those who do wrong, many fear what I am and what I can do. My hope is that by joining a group that is known for doing the right thing that maybe people will open up to me more...And I can finally have friends."
    Marlock pulls out a potato with googly eyes glued to it.
    "Not even Steve wants to be my friend anymore..." Puts Steve in pocket.
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

23. - Top - End - #83

Marlock new this would come up either way. His smiles starts to disappear.
    "Well the reason I want to join is because while I try to dish out justice to those who do wrong, many fear what I am and what I can do. My hope is that by joining a group that is known for doing the right thing that maybe people will open up to me more...And I can finally have friends."
    Marlock pulls out a potato with googly eyes glued to it.
    "Not even Steve wants to be my friend anymore..." Puts Steve in pocket.
    "OOoooooOooOOoooooooOOOOOOooooooh.
    Yeah! That'd be great! Welcome aboard! You are now memberified!"
    And then Civvy gasps at Steve. "Steve how dare you?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

NinjaGuy

Range

"Hmmm, I'm not sure, perhaps just the halls? Is there anyone specific that keeps track of missions or jobs that might need to be done? If so, that would probably be a good place to start, but I don't know who that would be." Quin rubs the back of his head nervously. If he had a mouth, he'd be giving Civvy a sheepish smile. "I mean, uh, I do enjoy your company, but if I'm to be a member, I ought to be helping out, not keeping you from your duties, you know."

25. - Top - End - #85

Kobold

Marlock smiles widely.
    "Great! So I've never been here so can you show me around?"
    Steve does not does not respond...He's kind of an ass. Marlock sighs.
    "He's been like that...I can't help but feel he's planning something."
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Office]
    Khaari grins, amber eyes flicking. They dance from the swordsman to the folder to Tobias. "Oh, not bad. Another training dummy down, same old business. Anything you wanted to talk about?" She looks at Alex again. "Does it involve... that'd be our friend from Spec-Ops, no? Reinhardt, if I remember well enough?" She racks her memory, knowing a name and a face and little else.
    The swordsman does have "Reinhardt" on the name tape over his right breast pocket. The rest of his combat uniform tells a whole story at a glance. Three matte black bars in the form of a triangle show he's reached the leadership pay grade of O-4, a remarkable commission for someone who looks like he's in his late twenties. The lack of an official branch insignia means he's in the Special Operations branch, as she remembers. His unit patch on his left sleeve is a stylized sword shaped like a 1, with the school tabs for Jump, Hike, and Dive above it as well as the Combat Philosopher rocker beneath it. Team One is Spec-Ops' legendary direct action force and the other patches show he's been thoroughly trained in methods mundane and esoteric. A patch shaped like a shield with the emblem of an anchor is sewn to the "favor" spot on his right sleeve, indicating that Holy Knights in the service of Civiron have recognized him for some deed. Favor patches are traditionally given from members of a unit in the Vulpanian military to a member in another unit that has helped them out somehow. Khaari should get the feeling that this man's dress uniform is covered with medals and more conspicuous insignia... and that he is a bit embarrassed by it.

Well, I've got this week's official complaint from the Royal Magic Agency here. Allow me to remind you yet again that they fulfill a vital service to my Kingdom and the effects of your continued harassment are felt as far and wide as from the Artillery running out of magic components to the children of Vulpania with sorcerous talents going, um, uncounseled or untaught or unclassified or whatever it was. So stop it. Tobias peers at her while he turns over to another report. More unusually, I have an official complaint against you from the Royal Clandestine Agency. I'd have rather expected them to sort you out themselves, but it looks like they either respect bureaucracy or the royal family more than I had thought. Quit bullying my intelligence analysts, dear. They've got enough to be stressed out about already. You're banned from the Black Wing's cafeteria for a week. Go find another dining hall in the Keep to eat at and leave the geeky spooks alone before they send the tough spooks after you. I'm sure you think you'd enjoy a visit from the Huntress' priestesses, but, like the boiled lobster said: "It's hot until it hurts." And it would hurt. Not in a hot way. Not even if you're into it. The fox-eyed king hesitates in the act of closing the folder with finality. You're not into that sort of thing, are you Khaari?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

27. - Top - End - #87

Marlock smiles widely.
    "Great! So I've never been here so can you show me around?"
    Steve does not does not respond...He's kind of an ass. Marlock sighs.
    "He's been like that...I can't help but feel he's planning something."
    "Yeah, of course! Tour!" Civvy cheers, before leading the way off on a tour! She leads him all over the place! The kitchen, the pool, the training areas, the dorms, and aaaall the places! He's welcome to stop them anywhere, and ask questions, or comment, or whatever he wants!
    "He probably is plotting something. Never turn your back on a googly-eyed potato. The great Googlypotato War taught us that."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Shuggle Dock

"That's great! Flowers are super pretty! I've got a garden of my own! You should take a look at some point if you want to!" Though the garden was mostly pink flowers. Some were white though. And some new ones were more orangy! And some new new ones were kinda purply! And some of the newest ones were orange and purply!
    But mostly pink.
    "Well they sound like a bunch of jerks for kicking you out! I'm sorry to hear that."
    Chryso grins excitedly, eyes bright. "Really? Well, you're sweet---I'll have to make you more arrangements." She thinks. "Also if you need an axe or anything."

-------

"I'm into it the 'scary' way, they aren't. That's why it didn't work out with Diane. Also I probably heard the other stuff you said." Nah. "Is our Boy Scout here as a stick, a carrot, a witness to my litany of heathenry, or some other fourth thing?" She regards Alex keenly, wondering what Tobias's game is.
    Last edited by Beans; 2017-01-29 at 12:08 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Kobold

(Quick question...it seems like Civvy is in multiple places. Can she do that?)
    Current characters:

Marlock Garrison

Pawn

Halt

Anne

Tik-Tik

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Chryso grins excitedly, eyes bright. "Really? Well, you're sweet---I'll have to make you more arrangements." She thinks. "Also if you need an axe or anything."
    "The only axes I need are questions!" Civvy quips with a doofy grin, and pistoling her fingers at her new best friend. "Get it? B-b-because y-you axe . . . questions?
    okay i'll stop i'm sorry Dx"

(Quick question...it seems like Civvy is in multiple places. Can she do that?)
    She is, and she can! The easiest way to do it is to just 'plotclone' a character. For example, if your character is in a slow plot that could take months to finish, but you still want to use that character, you can just make a copy of them outside of the plot thread, and keep playing them.
    Civvy can just actually legitly do it, though.

EDIT:
    Though it does lead to missing posts when you're tired.
    My apologies, Nova!

Range

"Hmmm, I'm not sure, perhaps just the halls? Is there anyone specific that keeps track of missions or jobs that might need to be done? If so, that would probably be a good place to start, but I don't know who that would be." Quin rubs the back of his head nervously. If he had a mouth, he'd be giving Civvy a sheepish smile. "I mean, uh, I do enjoy your company, but if I'm to be a member, I ought to be helping out, not keeping you from your duties, you know."
    Range

"Yeah, there's someone we could definitely go talk to about that. That'd be Toby. The Boss. Make sure to call him Big Boss, he likes that the most.
    Oh yeah, totally understand! I enjoy your company too, but if you want to get started, then I won't stop you! Also my duties to HALO iiis actually welcoming people, so you're not taking me from my duties here at all."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-01-29 at 04:52 PM.
    Show