New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: After 3 years...

I like my hair short, and get it cut every 2-3 weeks, mostly because of my "Military buzz."

When I was a normal civilian, the only time I didn't get a haircut was to either prove a point, or because I was too cheap or lazy to get it done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I get a cut every 7 days. I have to cut the naps and straighten my hairline.

My hair hasn't been over an inch in 10 years (when I had cornrows/afro).
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had long hair for ages, looking something like Princess Diana after being stuck in the wilderness for five weeks. Then I got a haircut for the play I'm in, which makes me look just a tad like Ellen De'generous. Why do I always have feminine hair? Girls seem to like it, but not in the "Oh, he's so cute!" way, more like the "Oh, he's so cute, like a squirrell!" way. Long hair still rocks though.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

I've been trying for about 7 months now to grow out my hair from short. The problem however is that it isn't working out like I would have thought. The top seems to want to grow faster than any other part, and my hair is absolutely straight. (As in, I had a friend of a friend who asked when we first met if I had used a straightener on my hair, and when I told her no, she told me that girls would kill for my hair.)

I'm about to break down and go back to short. At least then it wouldn't get in my face all the time.
    Thanks ben101 for the awesome avatar!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vuzzmop View Post
    I had long hair for ages, looking something like Princess Diana after being stuck in the wilderness for five weeks. Then I got a haircut for the play I'm in, which makes me look just a tad like Ellen De'generous. Why do I always have feminine hair? Girls seem to like it, but not in the "Oh, he's so cute!" way, more like the "Oh, he's so cute, like a squirrell!" way. Long hair still rocks though.
    animal names: they stick, you know you have problems when women give you them...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Fellithor View Post
    ...I finnally get a Haircut....

Discuss.
    Dude you rock. I just shaved my head after 2 years of hair from an already long point. I feel so free!
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Three years? I'm going on five. I've gone from "long hair for a guy" to "long hair, period." Thing is, I don't think it's getting any longer at this point.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis Bladewing View Post
    Funny, because I think long hair makes men look a lot better and no less masculine.
    Well said

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Three years? I'm going on five. I've gone from "long hair for a guy" to "long hair, period." Thing is, I don't think it's getting any longer at this point.
    Just cut an inch of the ends on those parts you want to grow longer.
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

when i stand up, my hair reaches a few(3-4) inches away from my legs...have'nt cut it since 1996 july 17

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

I grew my hair out for two years, then cut it. Since then I average about one hair cut a year and that is in spring, right before summer. I am a hippie-geek @ heart. What can I say?
    We thinkers may appear distant. Though, if you look closely, then you will find we are thoughtful.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

From Feb 2000(when I finished active service) till November 2003(when I was called back), I didn't get a haircut. My hair went till around my waist and could even sweep my feet if I leaned back far enough.

Sadly, due to my reservist service being at least once a year(and smaller bursts in between making it twice), I haven't had more than 3 months' growth for much of the year this last half decade.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

i used to have hair down to my mid back, but i had to get it cut for football. i wound up donating an 8 in ponytail to the place that makes wigs for kids w/ cancer. so somewhere out in this world there is a chick running around in my hair.since i'm not playing football next year, i'm growing it back out, but no where near as far, i'm getting it to a little above my shoulders, and right now its like halfway down my neck. it sucks cause the length i really want (like right at my shoulders) i cant get, b/c my hair is perfectly straight, until it gets to my shoulders, where it curls, then when it gets REALLY long it'll pull back to straight. so if i let it grow much farther, i look like a chick.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

It was about 3 years for me (maybe 2 and a half, I can't remember) when I had my hair cut again a few months ago. Since then, I've been keeping it short, but with longer bangs (not so long they get in my eyes though... the haircut was based on David Byrne's in Stop Making Sense).

My hair is really curly, so it gets to be too much work when it's long. I've always wanted it to be really long (at least mid-back-length), but once it grows to just past my shoulders it really doesn't get any longer... it tangles, and the longer strands break off when I try to tame it. I think the only way for me to have really long hair would be to get dreadlocks. And maybe I'm being racist (against my own race, no less) but I have a hard time accepting dreadlocks on white guys.

15. - Top - End - #45

I do like long hair on guys. Especially long black hair, for some reason.

Dreadlocks on white guys--I've only seen one ever actually pull it off and it just not make him look unwashed vagrant. I'm fact with the sideburns he had going and the blond streakes, he looked rather lion-esque.

I cut my hair all the time. The most recent has been to where it's short enough so I can spike it into a mohawk, but seeing as I haven't had long hair since high school I'm attempting to grow it back out....I dunno some things about long hair on women bugs me. I'm not feminist by any sense (I'm more of an equalist, one could say) but it bugs me that some people think women 'should' have long hair. In fact I think the only reason I'm growing it back out is because I'm now in a stable relationship with a guy who's happy with my hair no matter what I decide to do with it.

Wow that's a lot of reasoning over some hair. Ah well *shrugs*

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    *snip*
    I dunno some things about long hair on women bugs me. I'm not feminist by any sense (I'm more of an equalist, one could say) but it bugs me that some people think women 'should' have long hair. In fact I think the only reason I'm growing it back out is because I'm now in a stable relationship with a guy who's happy with my hair no matter what I decide to do with it.

Wow that's a lot of reasoning over some hair. Ah well *shrugs*
    I think it's mostly because most of us think long hair is pretty

Seriously, someone with the right bearing who takes a bit of care can make virtually any length of hair look good, whether you go for the flowing tresses or the short-cropped intense look, either can be very attractive.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

My hair grows to about shoulder length and stays perfectly straight, I rarely groom it, other than the occasional cleaning. It's rather popular, and I think I'd get the tar beaten out of me by some of my female friends if I cut it.
    Custom avatar by Vael
    Nexus-R.C. Mina gives the best compliments ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

To read a text that "Methodical Meat" has writ
    Is no easy feat, but it shall be well worth it
    For the flames of his spectacled genius
    Delve deep into you and many neurons it hews
    And asunder them rends
    And once more mends
    Methodically he arrays them again
    His readers' brains,
    From meaty stains
    New seeming, and better than before
    He leaves his readers better than before!