New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default PTU Hex Error: Missing Information

The morning had come. After many years of expectant waiting, buying clothes, staring at pokemon, and.....putting baseballs through windows, the day had arrived for the three aspiring trainers to head out. No longer would they only be able to stare at the city below them and the first gym/contest hall that awaited them. No longer would they have to wait for adventure to come to them. Today was the day that they could break the tyrannical rules set by their parents about when was a reasonable time to go to bed, because no, I can stay up past 10 pm Mom!

It was a notable day for the small secluded mountain town of Hanami. Not just because it was the first official day of spring after a relatively long winter and the weather couldn't be better. But also because the town would see the young three trainers off at the gate. And it started much the same way for all three of the youngsters.

"You're gonna be late!"

For one reason or another, all three of them ended up running the risk of being late. Auspicious beginnings indeed for the trio.
    "A difficult hares accurately transcribe."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: PTU Hex Error: Missing Information

Elizabeth snorts as she pulls her face up from the computer. "CRAP!" She spent too long studying again. She rushes to the bathroom and gets cleaned up before grabbing Lucy's pokeball and nudging the eevee gently to wake her. "C'mon Lucy, time to get up! it's the big day!
    She makes her way downstairs with the pokemon on her shoulder and grabs toast as it pops from the toaster.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Renko Hexanna was happy. There was so much to do, and she'd planned it all. Notepad to record her adventures, keep track of finances, to-do lists. Items to wrassle up pokemon, practicing the capturing tactics, and her acting skills both with her Theme, but also with her Con Artistry. Adventure time. Time to become the god-queen of the world. … okay maybe just the Region's empress of Spooks and Science. Gotta smart small and work your way up the ladder, after all.

Litwick seemed happy about this. The two always spent time together on pranks, but usually couldn't set things on fire. Property damage, not very profitable, or secluded. Now, though? There was nobody to stop them. Fiire. Fiiiire. Fiiiiiirrreeee~

Renko took up her backpack and baseball helmet, yelled a surprisingly pleasant goodbye to her mother despite her cocksure attitude, and hopped out the window to race to the gate.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Coordinator is preceded by the sound of her heels clicking. She hurries, her makeup smudged in her rush, something she'll have to fix before she reaches the contest hall. Luckily for her, she's just as good at human grooming as she is with Pokemon, so it won't be a problem once she arrives. If she can just get there on time, that is.

She fusses while she jogs, she wouldn't be so uncouth as to actually run in heels, and looks down at the young Vulpix keeping pace with her.

"Oh, Opal... It would be nothing short of scandalous if we were to arrive late! Could you imagine the looks on everyone's faces? What a terrible first impression we're going to make."

She sighs dramatically, and picks up the pace. While she walks, she pulls out a pocket mirror and makes sure that her hair is perfectly coiffed, her curls and ringlets cascading down from her head. With that done, she puts more determination into her stride.

"That simply won't do, darling. I'll not let this dreadful day make a fool out of Tabitha Merveille!"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

As the three youngsters approached the gate they were ahead of the majority of the crowd which probably meant they were on time. Albeit crowd was a bit generous. Hanami was often toured during winter but at this time of year, it sat with only a few hundred residents. Still the vast majority of them, both young and old were here to see the three youngsters off. Albeit some may have only wanted to make sure that they didn't have to worry about adding to their confiscated baseball collection.

The crowd applauded and waved the three over as they approached the gates, words flew into one ear and out the other, not due to negligence, but due to volume. Ahead of the youngsters their path winded down the mountain side. Each knew roughly how it wound, as well as the side routes that could be taken in search of more pokemon. The city lay below them and their eventual goal in the far distance, the mountain barely jutting up on the horizon. A crisp wind picked up, swirling around the youngsters as the sun warmed and welcomed them.

"I better not see any of you kids back here without some stories to tell." The mayor spoke up from the crowd. Always a bit of a crusty elderly man but he'd have opened his door to any of them in a heartbeat had they needed it. "And there better be lots of stories too. Could use some good tales for the young'ns that they can aspire to."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes sir!" The young girl smiles. "And cool pokemon, we'll bring those back too."

7. - Top - End - #7

It was a wonderful day out. Of course, by wonderful, she meant cloudy, cold and extremely windy, but that didn't mean she was sarcastic when calling it a wonderful day. Turbulence was always a blast, especially the part where everyone else complained. At least that's how the weather was hen she was out on her last trip around the town several hours ago. The weather was much more… boring now.

She'd needed to nap after the early bird stroll, of course, which led to her mom needing to give the wake up call. But getting one last look around the town for all the fond memories before she left for a year or more was worth it. And if we're ignoring the sentimentality excuse, she had to engineer some… parting gifts for springing later in the day.

"Oh I promise, I'll come back with as many great stories as I can muster." Litwick flickered happily, cradled in her arms. "But in seriousness, thank you. I've… really had a good time growing up with y'all. I'll try to do the town proud. Already have a list of pokemon I wanna capture. We'll try to stick together too, not only is it safe, but I might go a little nuts with only my little buddy to talk to. … more nuts."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

Tabitha smiles when her turn comes, the whole town looking at her. Her moment in the spotlight has finally arrived, just as she always knew it would. The first of many, to be sure, and her heart soared with confidence. She looked stunning, to put it mildly, and would soon be off to the big city she'd dreamed of ever since she was a small child.

"Yes, yes, it's true."

She sighed.

"Alas, I must leave you. We all knew this day would come, that I was destined for bigger and better things than this provincial life. No offense meant, of course, darlings. You all have a certain rustic chic about you. What the people of Kalos call Je ne sais quois."

She flashed her most dazzling smile, and winked.

"Soon enough, I'm sure, you'll be hearing about my exploits! My name will be up in lights all over the Region! Everyone will have heard of the fabulosity that is Tabitha!"

Tabitha flipped her hair dramatically, while Opal sent up a small flurry of snow behind her, for added effect.

Once that was done, Tabitha giggled delightedly, and turned around to rub Opal's belly.

"I didn't even tell you to do that! Who's mama's clever girl? We'll be stars very soon, darling, with that attitude."
    Last edited by josienoms; 2017-01-26 at 10:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

The village clapped and cheered, especially in regards to the starlet as the three turned and began their walk down the mountain.

As soon as the village was out of sight their choices were evident. The weather looked like it would remain pleasant and it was still early enough in the day that they could search the trails for pokemon. They were each familiar enough with this area to know what could be found and roughly where to find it. Or they could head straight to the city below and begin scoping out their first major task.

10. - Top - End - #10

"Alright, the first thing on my list is to capture me my giant metal dinosaur. I've been at their watering hole at least twice a month for the past year. I suggest we stick together completely, for safety. Totally not cause I'm gonna do something reckless. Hell, I feel like we might be able to find what y'all want down that little valley too."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Liz smiles. "I like that idea, though I have six pokeballs on me, so I'm interested in whatever we can find. I heard mankey can be found nearby!"

She smiles. "I think we're gonna find all kinds of neat things!"

She looks to her pokemon. "Isn't that right Lucy?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Oh, that's a simply splendid idea, darlings. The last thing I'd want is to see one of you get hurt."

She puts on her best sympathetic face.

"And who knows, I might be able to find a Cleffa out here, I've heard they've been sighted occasionally. And of course I'd want to pick up a Lilipup if I could. Imagine when I've got a Stoutland, with a perfectly groomed coat and immaculate mustaches. He'd look so dashing!"

She clutches her hands together over her chest, sighing wistfully.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Liz grins. "They are also really strong"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

With their course determined the trio set off, allowing Renko to take the lead towards the aforementioned watering hole. Despite the beautiful day it is to the fault of their memories and not the inherently dull nature of travelling with a destination in mind that there is no in depth description of the landscape.

Within a short time, the group crested a hill and looked down at the pond it would seem that to some extent luck was with them. Many various pokemon of the region were at the gathering, including but not limited to, several Aron, Mankeys and Lillipups.

15. - Top - End - #15

"Alright. So, we've got the high ground. Everyone h ave your pokemon ready? We should begin our attack and focus fire several of them down. I'm not… quite sure if we want to approach and try to cute them into being our friends, or perhaps provoke them into attacking us and getting caught off guard."

"…not like it'd be very hard to provoke mankey. I'll be ready to launch the assault, in any case."
    She wanted to do a pose awfully badly and use her flair, but they were hiding. Even Litwick was on good behavior and not sputtering fireworks. They were so close to the fun part.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Liz squints out at the mankey. "Well I wouldn't mind catching one of those." She looks at her pokedex. "Good fighting type." She looks at the Aron.

"That's one of the ones you wanted right Renko?"

"Lucy doesn't have a type advantage against anything. But I can help your litwick start some fires."

Spoiler: For syn
    Show
    I have ravagers orders from the Command class, i also have leadership, if you let me I can put my orders onto your pokemon thus allowing Litwick to attack twice in that round if you wanna start with a heavy hit.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Come now, darling."

Tabitha says, smiling softly.

"These are Pokemon we're talking about. You're acting like we're in some kind of war zone."

She reaches into her fashionable bag, and takes out a small handful of PokePuffs.

"You simply need to have the right touch."

She crouches down, keeping herself as low as she dares to in order to avoid dirtying her clothes, and approaches one of the Lilipups slowly, and carefully.

"Hello there, little one! Shhh... don't fret now, I don't want to hurt you..."

She holds out the Pokepuff, offering it to the small creature while keeping her voice soft and soothing.

"It's yummy, trust me!"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Liz blinks.

"I suppose i could offer something to the mankey and you could to the Aron."

19. - Top - End - #19

"Ahah… yes. Just out catching pokemon. Not a war zone at all..." Renko wasn't sure what to offer. She certainly was not very good at this. So she hesitantly knelt down near an Aron, albeit with litwick in her arm ready to poof flame incase it even looked like it was gonna try something funny.

Spoiler: Kell
    Show
    I'd be willing to get the help, but… that's if we get an actual combat. 'Might' be able to charm it.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-01-31 at 04:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Liz reached into her bag and pulled out some fruit. Mankey like fruit right? She very cautiously approached, not wanting to rile it up. She looked at it but not in its eyes. That would be a problem. "Hey there.... you... hungry?" She set the fruit down a few feet away from it and stepped back to let it come and get the food. She knew they wanted space at first, and would get violent if they still didn't like you. She wasn't the most charming, but she knew pokemon behaviors and this one was actually somewhat predictable contrary to what people tell you.

She waits for it to start eating before she attempts to approach with an outstretched hand. It would let her know if it didn't want her present. Hopefully the presence of a friendly eevee would also indicate non hostility.

Spoiler: using knowledge instead of charm
    Show
    I have an ability that lets me use pokemon education instead of charm for raising disposition. 4d6
    (4d6)[3][6][3][5](17)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

The reactions to the novice trainer's charm attempts ran the spectrum. Tabitha had at first a very enthusiastic Lillipup eating out of her hands and then a pack of them jumping around her eagerly, either looking for food or attention, a chorus of small barks filling the air.

Liz had a slightly cautious Mankey eyeing her but not acting aggressively by some small miracle. It began eating the food while staring her down carefully, unsure of what to make of the trainer.

Renko had no luck at all, not aided by the fire in her arms. The Aron's didn't move to attack but showed absolutely no interest outside of a glance and shuffling slightly away from the girl and her bouncy candle.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Oh, ah... ahem. Not quite so many of you... please. I can only take one of you with me!"

She tries not to be overwhelmed by the horde of tiny dog monsters, but alas, her efforts are for naught! She's swarmed with the Lilipups.

"Opal, help!"

The young Vulpix dashes into action, and begins to beg for treats too.

"Oh goodness!"

Tabitha sighs, and just enjoys being surrounded by the fuzzy cuteness. She showers the Lilipups with affection and kindness, letting them give her little puppy kisses, while she makes soft cooing noises and baby talk.
    Last edited by josienoms; 2017-02-01 at 01:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

And… nothing. Okay, she tried, KILL IT WI-
    Renko blinked. The others sure were having a better go at this, though. It would be awfully rude of her to cause a scene until they had at least made some captures. Until then… she could make another go.

Now what were they doing different… food. It must be food. She reached back into her backpack for her packed snacks. Packing stacks of snacks into her hat to hand back to the Aron pack. Or at least to the one in front of her. uttering something under her breath, wordlessly.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Liz takes a deep breath and smiles. Mankey had egos. She would play on that. "Look at you, you are a strong one aren't you?"

She got a little closer and sits nearby. Maybe she could coax it into a battle on its own.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Tabitha's Success

As the swarm began to die down with play wrestling among the puppies, a single Lillipup sits on Tabitha's lap looking up at her. While she can't read minds, it seems pretty ready to go on an adventure with Tabitha, who it might believe is a food fairy.

Liz's Ploy

The Mankey kept eyeing her, seemingly trying to determine how strong she was and completely baffled by the gentle approach. She had a distinct lack of kung-fu. Which it knew. Obviously.

Renko's....Attempt.

The Aron looked at the food, at her, the food, the Litwick, the food. And immediately tried to pick up some food and retreat with it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

Tabitha looks the Lilipup in the eyes, and carefully takes a Pokeball from her bag. She taps it gently against the small Pokemon on her lap, and watches with glee as the ball does what it does best. She's a little startled when the ball starts to shake in her hand, but it soon falls still, and gives the soft clicking sound of success that every Trainer loves to hear.

"Yes! Oh, how wonderful. Opal, come say hello to your new friend!"

She lets the Lilipup out of its ball, and watches as Opal comes over and sniffs it. The two start to chase each other in circles around Tabitha's feet, barking and yipping as they play.

"How precious! I'll have to come up with a name for you, little one."

She starts to ponder!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Liz stands up and steps away from the mankey. She whistles for lucy to get into a battle position. She waits to see how the mankey responds. She may not have advantage but she would give advantage.

28. - Top - End - #28

Welp. Looked like Aron wasn't gonna come willingly. Time for a fight, then. Looked like the other two had their own pokemon handled in such a state that fire wouldn't significantly scare them off. Her own charm was highly insufficient for this task. That's what poke battles were for, though.

That said… lighting something on fire and forcibly capturing it might not be the best way to make it like you, but hey, that's how most caught their pokemon, right?

"Littywick, embaaaar." Renko kept the cutie to her chest snug, moving forwards and launching the flaming assault, poke ball in hand and ready to throw.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Time for the Funky Monkey

The Mankey looked at Liz and the Eevee before hopping around, stomping its foot to psych itself up and assuming an aggressive posture. The other mankeys watched but didn't join into the sudden fight.

WHY IS EVERYTHING BUUUURNING

The sudden fire caught the Aron only somewhat by surprised, it hopping back at the heat, narrowing its eyes at the cheap shot and steeling itself as combat truly began.

30. - Top - End - #30

The battle had begun, and Renko was staring down her future pride and joy with glee. It barely seemed scratched, by a super effective attack from kitty litty. Least… steel was weak to fire, right?

No time for that. "Alright, wear 'er down again! Really pour on the juice this time. Litwick obliged, and SO MUCH FIRE. Thankfully, they'd practiced their sneak attacks well, and Litwick being sent into battle gave her a speed advantage. Those Juggling lessons paid off well for a pokemon with no hands.

Renko wasn't too far behind, and wasn't too scorched for a girl in the backwind of a literal flamethrower. The hand not cradling Litwick had fresh poke ball in hand, ready for the capture. She took just a second to size up how Aron looked, the pokemon looked defiant but damaged. Right then, capture first.

Through the billowing flames crashed a poke ball, right onto Aron's head. Feint Attack made the ball have unerring accuracy as it honed in onto Aron. Victory seemed assured.