The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    d6 The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    The Shadowlord (Specialist of Erevan Ilesere)

    Some Elven folk have always feared the starless night, barring themselves behind doors or comforting themselves with bonfires when the shadows grow long, rightfully wary of the creatures that prowl the darkness. Yet long ago, some Clerics of Erevan Ilesere learned that the best way to conquer an enemy in the shadows is to embrace it. These were the first Shadowlords. As a specialty Cleric of Erevan Ilesere, you gain the innate ability to feel the divine connection of Trickery, Chaos, and Shadows. She uses the weave of Faerun to access the Plane of Shadow directly. She is intimately familiar with the shadows around her and her divine connection to Erevan Ilesere. Her innate ability with shadows of Trickery, Luck and Chaos combine to grant her these special abilities. Shadowdlords exist in the boundary between light and darkness, where they weave together the shadows to become half-seen artists of deception. Your Trickery and Mischief are unequal as a Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere.

    Hit Die: d8.

    Requirements: To qualify to become a Shadowlord, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

    Race: Character must be a Elf or Half Elf.
    Special: Character must have some innate experience with shadow. Albeit as a Shadowdancer, or Shadowblade, or Shadow-Walker. You cannot gain this PrC without a special ritual of Erevan Ilesere during a Midnight Gambol. Once gained, you learn the powers of a Shadow Lord through time and adventure.
    Alignment: Any non Lawful.
    Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Disguise 5 ranks, Disable device 6 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Move silently 6 ranks, sleight of hand 5 ranks, Concentration 2 ranks, Spellcraft 1 rank, Escape Artist 2 ranks.
    Feats: Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative.

    Class Skills : Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Disable Device, Escape artist, Heal, Hide, Intuit direction, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move silently, Open lock, Sleight of hand, Profession, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, Use magic device, Use rope, Wilderness lore.

    Skill points at each level- 6 + Int mod.

    Class Features: Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Shadowlords are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

    Spells per day: A Shadowlord's training focuses on learning the appropriate spells to become one with the shadows. Thus, when a character gains a new level of Shadowlord, she gains spells from the Shadowlord list as described below. The spells are Charisma based and follow the Sorcerer base class.

    Erevan's Shadowsight (Ex) : At 1'st level you are Gifted with a mystical connection to shadow and trickery by Erevan Ilesere. The shadowlord gains a superior form of darkvision with a 120-foot range. He can see through any form of normal or magical darkness without hindrance. This ability is always active.

    Shadow Jump [Su): At 1'st level A shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere can travel between shadows as if by Divine means of a dimension door spell. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some shadow or darkness. The shadowlord can jump up to a total of 20 feet per class level per day in this way. This amount can be split up among many jumps, but each jump, no matter how small, counts as a 10-foot increment.

    Tricksters Shadow Blur (Su): At 2nd level, a shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere gains an unusual defense. Due to her innate connection to Trickery and Shadows, anytime she is not in daylight or the illuminated radius of a light source, the shadows cloak his every movement, conferring the benefits of a blur spell. The shadowlord can choose to activate or end this effect as a free action. This supernatural ability is always active and is cast at full divine caster level.

    Shadow Walk (Sp): Once per day starting at 3rd level, a shadowlord may use shadow walk as a caster whose level is equal to his shadowlord class level. If he previously possessed the ability to use shadow walk as a spell-like ability, he gains a second daily use of that power.

    Shadow Pounce (Ex): At 4th level, a shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere learns how to use her mastery of Trickery to attack swiftly from the shadows. Any time he uses an ability, spell, or effect with the teleportation descriptor (for example, his shadow jump ability), he may execute a full attack upon completion of the teleportation. The shadowlord must have line of sight on his intended target from his original location, and the spot to which he teleports must be a place from which he can launch a melee attack at the intended target with whatever weapon he has in hand at the beginning of his action. Furthermore, any Lawful opponent suffers a -2 penalty to all attacks and saves for the duration of that single attack.

    Shadow Discorporation (Su): At 5th level, a shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere learns how to use his mastery of Trickery and shadows to cheat death. If the shadowlord is in shadow or darkness (anything but direct daylight or the illuminated radius of a light source), any damage that would reduce him to 0 hit points or below instead has a chance to discorporate him. The shadowlord attempts a Reflex save (DC 5 + damage dealt); if successful, he simply breaks apart into dozens of flitting shadows and vanishes, alongwith anything he is holding or carrying. At the next sunset, the shadowlord reappears at a spot of his choosing within one mile of the place where he was forced to discorporate. While discorporated, the shadowlord simply does not exist, he can do nothing, nor can any of his enemies do anything to him/her.

    Code:
    CL	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special
    1st	+0	+0	+2	+0	Shadowsight, shadow jump
    2nd	+1	+0	+3	+0	Shadow blur
    3rd	+2	+1	+3	+1	Shadow walk
    4th	+3	+1	+4	+1	Shadow pounce	
    5th	+3	+1	+4	+1	Shadow discorporation
    Spell Casting:

    Code:
    Spells per Day
    Level;
    1st. 2nd. 3rd. 4th. 5th.
    4 3 2 1 
    5 4 3 2 1
    5 5 4 3 2
    5 5 5 4 2
    5 5 5 5 3
    Last edited by CopperElfCleric; 2019-10-07 at 08:00 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Question Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Do you think this PrC is under-powered or over-powered?

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Looking for someone to test play this PrC and let me know how it works out in an adventure.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    d6 Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    I've had some good reviews at the game table here in Atlanta, but I'd like some opinions from all of you.

    Thank you,
    CEC

  5. - Top - End - #5

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Shadows and Darkness don't really fit with Erevan Ilesere, who does not grant darkness or shadow domains. Erevan Ilesere is the god of fey like trickery, not hard core combat in shadows. A cleric of Erevan Ilesere would kill with a ''laughter of death'', not ''back stab out of a shadow.'' Saying it is all ''trickery of shadows'' is just odd.

    And all the abilities are just bland shadow attack ones. And they would be ok for Doom, the evlen god of surprise, shadows and death....but not Erevan Ilesere

    Like ''Trickery Step'' would work much better if it was ''can travel between containers as if by Divine means of a dimension door spell.'' The idea being they would be a ''jack in the box''.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    Shadows and Darkness don't really fit with Erevan Ilesere, who does not grant darkness or shadow domains. Erevan Ilesere is the god of fey like trickery, not hard core combat in shadows. A cleric of Erevan Ilesere would kill with a ''laughter of death'', not ''back stab out of a shadow.'' Saying it is all ''trickery of shadows'' is just odd.

    And all the abilities are just bland shadow attack ones. And they would be ok for Doom, the evlen god of surprise, shadows and death....but not Erevan Ilesere

    Like ''Trickery Step'' would work much better if it was ''can travel between containers as if by Divine means of a dimension door spell.'' The idea being they would be a ''jack in the box''.
    I've never heard of Doom, as that elven deity isn't in the Forgotten Realms. But Erevan Ilesere is the elven god of Rogues, mischief and Trickery in The Realms. So I see no reason why Shadows would not be utilized by a Cleric/ Rogue, or any Rogue based PC. A deity doesn't need to have the Darkness or Shadow domains for a Cleric of a god of Rogues, thieves, mischief and trickery to cast shadow spells and spell-like abilities. And Erevan Ilesere is a CN god, so I totally see a Cleric/ Rogue "back stab out of a shadow." But I'm glad to have your opinion Darth Ultron.

  7. - Top - End - #7

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by CopperElfCleric View Post
    I've never heard of Doom, as that elven deity isn't in the Forgotten Realms. But Erevan Ilesere is the elven god of Rogues, mischief and Trickery in The Realms. So I see no reason why Shadows would not be utilized by a Cleric/ Rogue, or any Rogue based PC. A deity doesn't need to have the Darkness or Shadow domains for a Cleric of a god of Rogues, thieves, mischief and trickery to cast shadow spells and spell-like abilities. And Erevan Ilesere is a CN god, so I totally see a Cleric/ Rogue "back stab out of a shadow." But I'm glad to have your opinion Darth Ultron.
    There are plenty of shadow classes for a cleric of Erevan Ilesere to take, they don't really need another one.

    I just made Doom up, as there is no ''evil killer rogue'' elf god.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    There are plenty of shadow classes for a cleric of Erevan Ilesere to take, they don't really need another one.

    I just made Doom up, as there is no ''evil killer rogue'' elf god.
    I have looked for several Shadow classes and came up with hardly anything. Can you list several for me please?

  9. - Top - End - #9

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by CopperElfCleric View Post
    I have looked for several Shadow classes and came up with hardly anything. Can you list several for me please?

    Sure:

    Shadowcraft Mage i
    Telflamar Shadowlord
    Shadowdancer
    Shadow Adept
    Shadowcrafter
    Crinti Shadow Marauder

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    Sure:

    Shadowcraft Mage i
    Telflamar Shadowlord
    Shadowdancer
    Shadow Adept
    Shadowcrafter
    Crinti Shadow Marauder
    Shadowcraft Mage can't be used with a Cleric of Erevan.
    The Telflamar Shadowlords follow and worship the god Mask
    Shadowdancer has no divine spell progression
    Shadow Adepts that are clerics can only worship the goddess Shar
    Shadowcrafters use mysteries I believe.
    Shadow Marauder has no divine spell progression.

    So that's why I created the Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere. Any and all help on making the PrC is welcomed.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Princess's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In another tower.

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by CopperElfCleric View Post
    Shadowcraft Mage can't be used with a Cleric of Erevan.
    The Telflamar Shadowlords follow and worship the god Mask
    Shadowdancer has no divine spell progression
    Shadow Adepts that are clerics can only worship the goddess Shar
    Shadowcrafters use mysteries I believe.
    Shadow Marauder has no divine spell progression.

    So that's why I created the Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere. Any and all help on making the PrC is welcomed.
    Most of those are fluff rules that have no bearing on your table unless you accept what "the man" tells you. Don't trust the opinions of humans on what clerics of Erevan Ilesere are and aren't allowed to do. Ditch the "Shar only" part of Shadow Adept, or the Mask requirement of Shadowlord, and you have a much easier starting point for what you want. Unless you want to tinker with mechanics further, of course.

    The flavor angle you are going for also lines up with Shevarash, God of Vengeance. There's no reason elves need worship only a single member of the Seldarine and the intersection of Mischief and Vengeance seems to be perfect for your divine sneak attack idea.
    Custom Avatar by Ceika
    Spoiler: Me as a Character... and Planeswalker
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-17
    Charisma-17
    But I'd definitely multi-class Druid with those stats.



    Spoiler: My D&D 5E Homebrews
    Show

    Rolling for PC Stats = Always a stupid idea.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    Most of those are fluff rules that have no bearing on your table unless you accept what "the man" tells you. Don't trust the opinions of humans on what clerics of Erevan Ilesere are and aren't allowed to do. Ditch the "Shar only" part of Shadow Adept, or the Mask requirement of Shadowlord, and you have a much easier starting point for what you want. Unless you want to tinker with mechanics further, of course.

    The flavor angle you are going for also lines up with Shevarash, God of Vengeance. There's no reason elves need worship only a single member of the Seldarine and the intersection of Mischief and Vengeance seems to be perfect for your divine sneak attack idea.
    I love the way you think.. That's exactly what I did with this class. I don't see why Erevan Ilesere, The elven god of Trickery, mischief, chaos and Rogues wouldn't have a PrC that utilizes Shadows.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Princess, you are right on and inspire me. Some people are just very limited on how they see elven gods and how they play their followers. I see no reason why Erevan Ilesere wouldn't grant his Cleric/Rogues a PrC that is based on shadows. It makes perfect sense. Thank you for your words.

    CEC

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    CL BAB Fort Ref Will Special Spells per Day
    1st +0 +0 +2 +0 Shadowsight, shadow jump 0 - -
    [td]2nd +1 +0 +3 +0 Shadow blur 1 - -
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +1 Shadow walk 1 0 - 4th +3 +1 +4 +1 Shadow pounce 2 1 - 4th +3 +1 +4 +1 Shadow pounce 2 1 -
    Last edited by CopperElfCleric; 2019-10-09 at 07:20 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by CopperElfCleric View Post
    The Shadowlord (Specialist of Erevan Ilesere)

    Some Elven folk have always feared the starless night, barring themselves behind doors or comforting themselves with bonfires when the shadows grow long, rightfully wary of the creatures that prowl the darkness. Yet long ago, some Clerics of Erevan Ilesere learned that the best way to conquer an enemy in the shadows is to embrace it. These were the first Shadowlords. As a specialty Cleric of Erevan Ilesere, you gain the innate ability to feel the divine connection of Trickery, Chaos, and Shadows. She uses the weave of Faerun to access the Plane of Shadow directly. She is intimately familiar with the shadows around her and her divine connection to Erevan Ilesere. Her innate ability with shadows of Trickery, Luck and Chaos combine to grant her these special abilities. Shadowdlords exist in the boundary between light and darkness, where they weave together the shadows to become half-seen artists of deception. Your Trickery and Mischief are unequal as a Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere.

    Hit Die: d8.

    Requirements: To qualify to become a Shadowlord, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

    Race: Character must be a Elf or Half Elf.
    Special: Character must have some innate experience with shadow. Albeit as a Shadowdancer, or Shadowblade, or Shadow-Walker. You cannot gain this PrC without a special ritual of Erevan Ilesere during a Midnight Gambol. Once gained, you learn the powers of a Shadow Lord through time and adventure.
    Alignment: Any non Lawful.
    Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Disguise 5 ranks, Disable device 6 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Move silently 6 ranks, sleight of hand 5 ranks, Concentration 2 ranks, Spellcraft 1 rank, Escape Artist 2 ranks.
    Feats: Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative.

    Class Skills : Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Disable Device, Escape artist, Heal, Hide, Intuit direction, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move silently, Open lock, Sleight of hand, Profession, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, Use magic device, Use rope, Wilderness lore.

    Skill points at each level- 6 + Int mod.

    Class Features: Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Shadowlords are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

    Spells per day: A Shadowlord's training focuses on learning the appropriate spells to become one with the shadows. Thus, when a character gains a new level of Shadowlord, she gains spells from the Shadowlord list as described below. The spells are Charisma based and follow the Sorcerer base class.

    Erevan's Shadowsight (Ex) : At 1'st level you are Gifted with a mystical connection to shadow and trickery by Erevan Ilesere. The shadowlord gains a superior form of darkvision with a 120-foot range. He can see through any form of normal or magical darkness without hindrance. This ability is always active.

    Shadow Jump [Su): At 1'st level A shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere can travel between shadows as if by Divine means of a dimension door spell. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some shadow or darkness. The shadowlord can jump up to a total of 20 feet per class level per day in this way. This amount can be split up among many jumps, but each jump, no matter how small, counts as a 10-foot increment.

    Tricksters Shadow Blur (Su): At 2nd level, a shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere gains an unusual defense. Due to her innate connection to Trickery and Shadows, anytime she is not in daylight or the illuminated radius of a light source, the shadows cloak his every movement, conferring the benefits of a blur spell. The shadowlord can choose to activate or end this effect as a free action. This supernatural ability is always active and is cast at full divine caster level.

    Shadow Walk (Sp): Once per day starting at 3rd level, a shadowlord may use shadow walk as a caster whose level is equal to his shadowlord class level. If he previously possessed the ability to use shadow walk as a spell-like ability, he gains a second daily use of that power.

    Shadow Pounce (Ex): At 4th level, a shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere learns how to use her mastery of Trickery to attack swiftly from the shadows. Any time he uses an ability, spell, or effect with the teleportation descriptor (for example, his shadow jump ability), he may execute a full attack upon completion of the teleportation. The shadowlord must have line of sight on his intended target from his original location, and the spot to which he teleports must be a place from which he can launch a melee attack at the intended target with whatever weapon he has in hand at the beginning of his action. Furthermore, any Lawful opponent suffers a -2 penalty to all attacks and saves for the duration of that single attack.

    Shadow Discorporation (Su): At 5th level, a shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere learns how to use his mastery of Trickery and shadows to cheat death. If the shadowlord is in shadow or darkness (anything but direct daylight or the illuminated radius of a light source), any damage that would reduce him to 0 hit points or below instead has a chance to discorporate him. The shadowlord attempts a Reflex save (DC 5 + damage dealt); if successful, he simply breaks apart into dozens of flitting shadows and vanishes, alongwith anything he is holding or carrying. At the next sunset, the shadowlord reappears at a spot of his choosing within one mile of the place where he was forced to discorporate. While discorporated, the shadowlord simply does not exist, he can do nothing, nor can any of his enemies do anything to him/her.

    Code:
    CL	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special
    1st	+0	+0	+2	+0	Shadowsight, shadow jump
    2nd	+1	+0	+3	+0	Shadow blur
    3rd	+2	+1	+3	+1	Shadow walk
    4th	+3	+1	+4	+1	Shadow pounce	
    5th	+3	+1	+4	+1	Shadow discorporation
    Spell Casting:

    Code:
    Spells per Day
    Level;
    1st. 2nd. 3rd. 4th. 5th.
    4 3 2 1 
    5 4 3 2 1
    5 5 4 3 2
    5 5 5 4 2
    5 5 5 5 3
    I need a better code. lol. I need to put this altogether.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Last edited by CopperElfCleric; 2019-10-09 at 07:15 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Maat Mons's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    There's a button for making tables. It's right below the one for bolding text.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hertford, North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Shadowlord of Erevan Ilesere

    Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    There's a button for making tables. It's right below the one for bolding text.
    Yes, I tried that but don't know how to cut copy and paste it properly into the format.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •