New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Brotrooper
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Who is Kira?!? (Mafia RPG: Round 1)

Isaac, I come here on good terms. The old man sat where he was directed to. He had no qualms with anyone here. But enough with the chit-chat and into the nitty-gritty. If you want me too, I can reveal what I am. I'll tell you what I know.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

((I'd do an in character post here but... my character is in jail so that wouldn't make much sense. I know I can take part in the regular vote. So if we're going to do the Judge vote (and by we I mean not me cuz... jail) for Anthony Medici (Brotrooper), who should we lynch for the regular one?

The following people are clear of being Kira: ThePhantom, aberratio ictus, GrayDeath, TBFProgrammer, Elenna. Lex-kat is slightly less likely than anyone else because of GrayDeath's protection.
    That leaves us with: Anthony Medici (Brotrooper), Loyal Paulsen (Duneyrr), Aloycius Castleroy (flat_footed), and Gabriel Mayes (Gray Mage).
    Duneyrr just auto-lynched in another game so he's not my first choice for a lynch.
    So I would suggest Gabriel Mayes (Gray Mage)

If people decide not to lynch Anthony Medici (Brotrooper) for the Judge vote, I guess I would suggest... Aloycius Castleroy (flat_footed).))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-03-11 at 03:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I don't recall us being on a first name basis, Mr Medici. But by any means, tell us."

((OOC: Hum. We might take a look at Gabriel Mayes. I`m not a fan of random voting, with Anthony Medici we at the very least have things being strange to go on, but since two people have to be lynched, and there are going to be two lynches this time around, I suppose we have little choice.))
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Brotrooper
    Guest in the Playground

I'm not Kira. I would never want to be that monster. Antony stated plainly. And I apologize for all the cloak and dagger, as that man has forced me to stay hidden since Ethan's passing. But allow me to properly introduce myself. Antony Medici. Some people call me Tony.

Antony briefly broke his vision to take a good look at a man's face covered in smoke, standing in the room. His face was obscure, but, he could tell it was Adam all the same. It matched the files he researched.

Nice cigar. Antony said. He wasn't one for smoking but could see good taste in a person. We don't know much of each other, but I've got my sources. I'll tell you information on Adam's specific role if you don't know already.

5. - Top - End - #155

"You understand we can't simply take your word for it?" Isaac had a bitter smile on his face.
    "Mr Doors? Everybody knows by now." For a second, he turned his gaze towards Adam. "No offence." He turned back to Antony, fumbling for a pack of cigarettes in his jacket`s inner pocket, first pulling out an Origami Owl, before putting it back and finding his cigarettes. "Or do you have any information that proves we're wrong?" Slowly, Isaac pulled out a lighter and put a flame to his cigarette.
    Last edited by aberratio ictus; 2017-03-11 at 02:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Brotrooper
    Guest in the Playground

If you're aware of the Adam Doors being the Bodyguard, that's fine. But now I want to make a gamble with you then. Its time for me to be clear. Antony began to sweat bullets. He took a deep breath. Antony began to speak solemnly.

I'm Detective Medici. I'll relay to everyone information on people as much as possible. It'll help with narrowing down names because we all know Kira is one of us. If Kira decides to kill me soon, then there's less suspicion to go around and the case will go on with out me. I'm prepared to meet my fate.

7. - Top - End - #157

"We were, yes. It was obvious by the manner in which he saved that little girl from Kobato and brought her down as well. Only a professional could have done that." he replied. Anyone knew that by now. Kira as well. With Miss Quirke being the Reporter, and Kobato... possibly being the jailer (even though Isaac himself was still convinced she was a serial killer) that was a lot of capable people Kira knew about by now...

"A detective?" Isaac blinked. "The police already confirmed Mr DeSoto being the undercover representative of the department on the task force. So you're saying... there were two of you?" ((OOC: I know there probably are multiple detectives in the game by the Kira Supporters Victory Condition: Kill All Detectives, but to Isaac, this comes as a surprise))
    Damn. Damn. If he spoke the truth, that was another revealed to Kira. However, it still was merely a claim he made.

"All right, so... what do you have for us, 'detective'?"

((I'm almost starting to like Isaac`s role as bumbling buffoon screwing up the task force' investigations and revealing town power roles to Kira if what you say is true, Brotrooper^^ This is almost uncanny.))
    Last edited by aberratio ictus; 2017-03-11 at 03:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam nods back at the Compliment. Good taste is even better if erecognized.

"Indeed. I have taken it upon myself to protect those that cannot do it themselves, if they seem deserving." For a Protector he sounds incredibly cultured ... and quite arrogant.

Of these I am most suspicious about Loyal paulson. I am assuming his official name to be a bad pun, but I also have at least some better feelings regarding Aloycius, as I tracked him twice and he seems .... uninteresting. Given the sometimes eccentric deaths I do assume Kira to be a person of Flair.... His eyes trac towards the newly claimed "Detective".
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

9. - Top - End - #159
    Brotrooper
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aberratio ictus View Post
    "All right, so... what do you have for us, 'detective'?"
    Ethan DeSoto never liked to talk about his private life, especially his own side-career as a detective. But he died for this cause. All I want you to do is sit tight and continue your own investigations. I'll see what I can put to the table whenever I succeed in an investigation. By process of elimination, we'll take care of the cancer destroying this town. Antony took out a file and placed it on top of the paper pile. Inside were documents and a list of names. These are the people I've conducted research on so far. I apologize if they're a bit dated:

Detective Antony Medici's Notes 28/2/20xx

My Crimes

Antony Medici - Detective, Stalking

Others

Lucy Quirke - News Reporter
    Aloycius Castleroy - No criminal record; perhaps KIRA or collaborateur
    Adam Doors - Bodyguard; Read up his records from a trusted source
    Loyal Paulsen - Currently investigating
    Ethan Desoto - Detective, Billionaire Soccer Star, Stock Car Racer, Conspiracy Theorist DECEASED
    Kobato Dairenji - Jailor(currently inside jail)
    Erik - Nothing, but recently kidnapped
    Rolias Neknurd - Possible mass-murderer, KIRA collaborateur, or KIRA
    Isaac Thornton - Unknown occupation, kidnapping(possibly Erik's?)

Understand its not much, but I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Of these I am most suspicious about Loyal paulson. I am assuming his official name to be a bad pun, but I also have at least some better feelings regarding Aloycius, as I tracked him twice and he seems .... uninteresting. Given the sometimes eccentric deaths I do assume Kira to be a person of Flair.... His eyes trac towards the newly claimed "Detective".
    Antony met his eyes. Loyal Paulsen is suspicious. His crime records include stalking and corruption. To what ends he is pursuing, I doubt that any of us know. But our fair Aloycius is also a topic of interest. In my research, nothing's been found on him. Clean record. Almost too clean for my book. Even I've got my own dirt. The old man then wiped off some dry clay off his shirt.

And there's one more thing we should talk about. Lets recall the billboard:

Snips, thimbles, and sewing needles!
    A corset made of the finest whale-bones.

I shall find your secrets, and string you up.
    You will break under sticks and stones.

This, this sounds off. It sounds like a twisted nursery rhyme for children or part of an operatic aria about interrogation. Maybe it was towards Kobato Dairenji given her eccentric fashion. None of us know anything at all, but what does it mean to you all?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

"Uninteresting? It may be to you, but research certainly interests me." Aloycius walks in the room and shakes his head. "I haven't been able to discover much, but I've been looking into the situation that we're stuck in. This Death Judge isn't in the same league as Kira, though could accurately be called her disciple. As far as my research shows, is they have no power of their own. Not really, in the common sense.
    "They can force this vote upon us, even if we try to avoid it, by uniting the evil inside. The Death Judge initiates a rite that looks at the darkness in our hearts, and who it is most concentrated towards. Whoever among us has the most darkness trained upon them would then die shortly thereafter."

Aloycius sighs and looks to the group. "Beyond that I wasn't able to find any specific evidence of this rite being used, or the person who could have used it."

((My investigation turned up nothing concrete.))

Aloycius's face reddens as Anthony places suspicion on him. "Just because I've not sunk to illegal activities does not mean I'm guilty of anything!" He swallows hard and continues. "In regards to actual evidence, your fashion comment made me rethink the billboard's message. The first three verses can easily be connected to the literal fashioning of clothes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

Week 3 -- Day 7 (Voting Phase)

Remember, today is the last day to vote (For both the standard vote and the Death Judge Vote).

Also, Kira I need a Kill Post ASAP for next week.
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, thats something at least. As far as I am concerned while a little bit of suspision might be enough to vote to jail Loyal, I do not see even remotely enough evidence to allow this so-called Death judge to murder anybody, and I for one am not going to be complicit in it. he might still be able to kill someone if your take on this ritual is true, and I am not saying I believe it, but will have to do so without me.

[OOC]
    Regular Vote to jail (if that is possible otherwise abstain) Loyal, Death jugde Vote abstain.

Adam is not going to vote to kill anybody until and unless he has some proof making them a likely Kira.

if I get this right one can abstain, but since there is no majority in it, a few malicious characters can kill whoever they want?

In that case Adam is still more adverse to actually killing innocents himself.

[/OOC]
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

13. - Top - End - #163

((The Death Judge Vote is forced, no way around voting on it. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzan View Post
    In addition a player cannot vote to abstain during a forced lynch.
    "I wish it were that easy. I've found no means on how to protect ourselves from such a thing."
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

{Hmmm, if one is really forced to do so, Adam is going to vote himself.

Yep.}

15. - Top - End - #165

Week 4 -- Day 1 (Action Phase)

Death Judge Lynch Vote Results: Duneyrr 1, Ramsus 4, Gray Mage 1, Brotrooper 1. (Ramsus gets lynched)

Normal Lynch Vote: Bro Trooper 1, Gray Mage 1. Stalemate, no one gets lynched (Probably for the best, honestly)

Ramsus, you can write your own death scenario if you so desire. You can continue to comment in the game, just make sure that your whole post is colored a different color from the jailed player color. If not, then I have a post ready to go.

Kobato's Role was: Jailor
    Last edited by Durzan; 2017-03-13 at 10:57 AM.

When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

((Considering my character was in jail when she died, I can't think up anything that isn't super depressing, so I think I'll pass. Thanks though. Normally I totally would.

My only game relevant comment is... yup town's basically already lost. If there's more than one or two actual townspeople left, they don't have the organizational skills to pull off a victory since we couldn't even get more than one vote any possible Kira targets.

Edit: Non-game relevant comment, we could really use more players for A Typical Were Game.))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-03-13 at 12:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

Kobato Dairenji, was shoved harshly back into the cell. She quickly leaps to her feet, spinning around and recites a curse at those who dare imprison her. She glares at them as they walk away, before flumping down onto her cot, which screeches like a tortured soul even under her light weight.

The sound frightens the young witch-wannabe, and she leaps away as if the cot was going to bite her. In doing so, she sees a pair of yellow eyes looking back at her from under the metal frame. Still frightened, she nonetheless moves forward out of curiosity? Or is it something more? "Mew!" Roars a mighty kitten.

Spoiler: WARNING: Cute Kitten Alert! Do not open, for your own safety.
    Show

Forgetting where she is, and smiling happily, Kobato pulls the little fluffball out. "Neko!" she says, hugging the adorable little familiar to herself. But as she does, the kitten scratches the little witches neck. Kobato holds out the kitten and frowns at her. But the cuteness staves all anger, and she forgives it. Deciding she needed to get some sleep, she lays back down on the evil cot, holding Neko to her chest. With tired eyes, she looks at the cot above her, finding a letter stuffed in the springs.

"Good night, sleep tight. Watch as the kitten bites."

Unable to stop her, Kobato watches as the cute kitten curls up and lays down to sleep on her. She thinks nothing of it, slowly drifting off to sleep, never to wake again.
    Kobato was given a dose of Lethal Injection while she was asleep.

18. - Top - End - #168

Week 4 -- Day 2 (Action Phase)

No new announcements... though I must say I am surprised that no one has sent me any actions yet...
    Last edited by Durzan; 2017-03-14 at 06:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Week 4 -- Day 3 (Action Phase)

No announcements given today. Sorry for not posting this earlier. Been busy.
    Last edited by Durzan; 2017-03-16 at 01:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Week 4 -- Day 4 (Action Phase)

A number of fliers left at the bus stops of the city: You are all still so blind. Are you too busy stuffing your faces with candy to do anything to end this?

21. - Top - End - #171

Week 4 -- Day 5 (Action Phase/Voting Phase)

The weekend is upon us. Now is the time to finish any investigations you have been making this week and to present any evidence you have yet to present already. I will be accepting votes all throughout the weekend.

Kira, as usual, I need your kill post in by Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

News Flash: The Death Judge strikes again, calling for another Emergency Lynch this weekend! Finish your investigations and get ready to present your evidence!

Note: I think its probably safe to say that the Emergency Lynch should take the place of the normal lynch on the weekends. It just gets confusing otherwise, and may probably effect the balance.

Note: Something I think i should probably mention is that you CAN investigate the calling of the Forced Lynch, to try to figure out who-dunnit... otherwise you guys don't have a chance against the Death Judge.

(RIP Town...)

(Also, if you die, stick around. I will be awarding achievements at the end of the game.)
    Last edited by Durzan; 2017-03-17 at 12:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Erik makes his way to the police station, a folder hold in his hand, looking worry. He makes his way to the conference room, in spite of the fact he was not invited to this meaning.

"Excuse me, but I found some evidence regarding certain decisions made. You know the somewhat questionable legal decisions? I have discovered something that might be useful to find out who that is. There have been only two people who has a connection to the voting devices, Castleroy & Loyal. One of them must be the one behind this."

23. - Top - End - #173

(Grabs Popcorn...)

24. - Top - End - #174

"Well, I've made no secret of my attempts to find out more regarding the forced vote. I'm happy you were able to find out more." Aloycius looks around in irritation at the distracted others at the meeting. "Ill be happy to clarify anything you need me to, so we can get to the real threats."
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #175

"So we... have a 50-50 chance of getting the right one?" Isaac asked. A 50-50 chance... that was about the chance they had had concerning Kuboto.
    He had felt some satisfaction when he had heard about her death by lethal injection, which turned to horror once it was undeniably proven she wasn't the serial killer Isaac was looking for. He couldn't help but feel guilty for her death, it was almost as if he had killed her personally - and this didn't help his overall disposition.

26. - Top - End - #176

Week 4 -- Day 6 (Voting Phase)

The Kira task force has convened to discuss whom to lynch...

The mayor may be forced to make a public appearance...
    Last edited by Durzan; 2017-03-18 at 01:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

So there IS evidenbce to be found? Enlighten me then, its about time someone figured out something...we do not want to repeat the horribly wrong decisions of last weekend......
    Adam does not smoke this time, and even if his suit remains impeccable, his hair is a little bit less than perfectly styled.

28. - Top - End - #178

Rapidly going through a large stack of paper, Isaac finally pulls out a file and opens it, a picture of Loyal Paulsen and other documents falling out.

"I... found some evidence that Loyal Paulsen is loyal to the mayor." he hesitantly mentioned. "So if we are to choose between Mr Paulsen and Mr Castleroy, for the time being, I'm leaning toward Mr Castleroy being the Death Judge, pending further evidence."

29. - Top - End - #179

Aloycius and Erik are huddled together, speaking in hushed voices when Aloycius hears his name again. "Proof that one person is loyal to another does not mark the third one as guilty. In fact," he straightens up,"is there any evidence against me beyond conjecture? If so, please share it so that we may refocus this group on actual evidence and facts!"
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #180

His face darkened. "Beyond conjecture, there is nothing. But if you aren't willing to share your evidence and facts with the rest of us, there sadly isn't anything else to go by."