New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

In a calm tone, almost too calm like a person selling to another person that they should be more calm, Eldrith turns and with arms outstretched palms out as if to say let's all stay calm says "now I didn't say that. What I will say is that set a small fire then made it look like a big fire but not near anything you'd care about I'm sure friend.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Cort holds on for dear life, instinctively flinching at the passing cliff hangs and building corners flying by within arm's reach of the ship.

"You just let us know, mate, if the men in white start to pour blasta at you. I would just show some manners and repay them in kind."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

Ah-yezzz... Wellz wezz-wouldn't-t-t wantzta-beeez impolitelyzez atz allz! Yijz iz the trueztz gentlemanz... Wellz-maybezez morza gentleybugzez hahahzzhahzzz! Either-wayz, wez-willz beza moztez courtzeouz az pozziblez withzall za lazerz boltz!!

He says suddenly jerking the ship to the right as he almost drops his bottle. He durra-tapes it to the dash like a diy cup holder. He lights a death stick butt and concentrates.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-07-11 at 04:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nodoa seems to get the better idea than to fight the stormtroopers armed with only a vibroknife, and hides, just as Yijz' ship arrives. The troopers immediately turn and look up at the ship, wave at it, but then suddenly break for cover as they realize that it's not a normal Imperial shuttle. They grab their communicators and begin shouting into them. Interestingly, perhaps because Nodoa has been fiddling with the communications, they don't seem able to reach anybody.

Yijz is able to land the ship without issue, and the soldiers are in hiding, so it's no trouble for Eldrith, Tenga, and Carcon to make it aboard. Chips waves them in.

A minute later, the ship is lifting off from the town, with the bag of grain in the main cargo bay, and everybody who returned to the ship strapped in. The question now is where to go.

5. - Top - End - #635

SamuraiGuy

Cort ushers the group back into the ship together with Chip. He holds his blaster ready for any supressive fire if needed.

"Come on goiys, seems you just keep making friends where you." He says sarcastically, but with a smirk. "So where to now? We going to lay a trap for that odd frog imperial?"

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

Abzolutzlyz! Zhez gonnaz haz za-mozty horriblez-timez whenzwe-t-t-t-t-trapz zat-t-t evilz-ladez-frogz!

He grins, then frowns.

Starting far less enthusiastically, he looks back and asks slowly getting excited:

Zooooo..... Whatz-wez doingzingz? Hmmmzzzz? Whatza firzzzt-t-t-t ztepz? Whez goingz backz-toz townz? Hidingz outz inz za zecreteyz hidingzoutzyz? Pullingz-za hitz andza runz, zneakingzingz aroundza za wildz, zleepingza-roundza naturez underza ztarzzzz! Daringz raidzingz zonza evilz guyz andza ladyz of the zpaze wizardryz!?
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-07-13 at 07:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa Boards the ship quickly, settling down and cracking open the communications on the ship as she attempts to link up to the worm she planted

"I had manage to implant a worm into imperial communications. What they know will be things that we know. though, I suggest we start moving before they mobilize any tie Fighters. Perhaps to a safe house? One of youre friends perhaps. I can cross examine there communications along with what we recovered from the so called inquisitors ship""

8. - Top - End - #638

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Glad that you're back, Shadowflick!

"ladies of the space wizards?" I have to wonder what Yijz is talking about - or whom he may be talking about! :-D

For the moment, there are no TIES visible, and no radars illuminating the ship. Due to Nodoa's Trojan, she could prevent the Imps from calling anybody, in which case the ship would be long gone by the time any TIES could even be scrambled...

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Indeed, this gave Nodoa some sense of warmth in that cold heart of hers, a small smile on her lips "Indeed, Imperials seem to require better technicians. They will not be following us from what I can tell. All that is left is to go to our next location. Perhaps this farm you've spoken of. I can keep track of communications to make sure we are not followed" SHe says, continuing to scan the various imperial channels to chatter

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith put his face into his hands. Nothing had gone his way today. That's not true. Enough had gone right thst they weren't caught yet.

No,no there's too much heat around that farm and we don't even really know where it is.

No we've got to skip planet for the best here, let things die down.
    Eldriths voice quickens and he turns to Zo.

Zo work with tiger here to send a secure comm to Trill. Let her know what we're up to and coordinate a pick for her and Haz and his sister. Once we have them we can head off world, let this whole thing just wash away.

Cort, we'll be heading off into the rim. I think we can last on our supplies for a bit but we'llbe relying on you to keep us stocked. Could you rack your brain for good places to resupply once we pick a direction?

Eldrith breathes deep and looks toward the cockpit. Now came the hard part.

Yijz, I need you to keep us under the imperial radar ok bud? I know you've got an itch for speed and I'm going to give it to you but for now I need stealth yeah?
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

11. - Top - End - #641

OrcBarbarianGuy

"No Eldrith."

The voice comes out in the characteristic rumble, but now there is a note of steel in the tone.

"I know you're scared, but this farm is important. If we're not coming back to this hunk of rock, we need to go there after picking up the others. If it makes the decision easier, I'm sure Trill would pay you for transport there. Maybe enough to clear up the debt you keep talking about."

He relaxes his arm, letting the shield fall with a clunk to the deckplate.

"I say we don't leave till we've gone there. It's not much of a delay. If what Trill says about this place is true, it could change this whole planet for the better. And that has to be worth a look."

Zo looks over to Yijz as he flies the shuttle.

"Pretty sure that you want to see things change for the better, instead of through the bottom of a bottle, from what you mumble those times I had to carry you out of the bar sloshed and half-asleep."

He looks over to Cort and Nodoa.

"Don't know you as well, but if we're leaving for good, we might as well give it a look. Hell, we could get more rations and supplies for our trip if the guy's friendly like Trill says."

Zo stands there for a few more moments, seeming to have run out of words, then heads over to the comm panel next to Nodoa. He speaks in a much softer, slightly more hesitant tone, more in keeping with his normal speech.

"I'd be happy to help contact our allies. Can you make sure our comms are as secure as possible?"

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa raises one eyebrow "Are you doubting my abilities?" She asks, an insulted tone in her voice "I have little choice in the matter, and I do prefer to stay alive for I have more research to do. But yes, I can make sure our communications are secure. In trade, I simply require one of your bodies for testing cybernetics once I am given the opportunity"

13. - Top - End - #643

SamuraiGuy

Cort's mouth hangs open "Well... I errr... Agh! Ancestors-damnit, mate! Why did you have to bring courage into it, now I have to go to that sand mill. Bugger!"

He does a couple of circles on the spot to cool off "So? Let's pick this Trill up and head out there. You do realise this is what the frog wizard wants, right?"

14. - Top - End - #644
    Orc in the Playground

Yez, Zo iz zo verzyz right-t-t-t,
    wez muztz dooza rightztyziztz thingz! Za farmz itz iz! Butz dontz zu worryz yourz prettyz headyzlyz abptz its Edzy! Iz goz zlowz and za lowz, itz za tempozez!

15. - Top - End - #645
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz sets course for the farm before anyone can interject and slows the ship down keeping it low to the ground.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa continues to scan the communications, just in case she picks something up. She looks to Trill and HAzbar, as they seem to have more connections then the others "I Imagine you two being Businessman and Pirates would not be much incline dto join our..merry band of Miscreants. Thus, I have to ask, where would you go? Or do you have any sort of safehouse that may still be safe to go to? Perhaps somewhere to lead the Inquisitor into a trap"

17. - Top - End - #647

Nodoa notices that, by now, the troopers manning the communications tower in Linko Biris have figured out that there was nothing physically wrong with the tower - the fire was purely alcohol from a bottle of whiskey 'stolen' from the local store, and the smoke was from a smoke grenade. Evidently, Eldrith borrowed the hooch. The soldiers are now trying to call out, but will only be able to get a signal out if Nodoa lets them. Not letting them get a signal out will alert them to the presence of a worm in the system, but it will also delay whatever response they will be able to summon up. So far, nobody outside of Linko Biris knows what happened there, and nobody is scrambling TIE fighters yet.

Nodoa is also able to pick up chatter from disjointed military facilities around the planet. There is a squadron of about six TIES about two-hundred kilometers to the south of where Yijz is flying the ship, which is led by by the Fourth Sister. This squadron is transferring from a base east of Linko Sorisa - the one Nodoa was on the way to before she was rescued - to a different base southwest of the ship's current position. They do not seem to know where the ship's exact coordinates, but they are aware of the direction it flew in the previous night, so are patrolling the area.

A few seconds after Nodoa initiates the connection and the computer system routes a secure channel, Hazabar answers the comm. "Oh, that abandoned warehouse wasn't a safehouse enough?" Hazabar answers. "What happened? Did that frog alien track you down? You must be one of the people sprung from that convoy." Trill manages to gain a connection at this moment, and so hears the next half of the sentence. "I'm afraid I don't know what those Inquisitors can do, or what their procedures are, so I can't say how to lure one into a trap. I'm also not sure it would be a good idea. I'm sure there would be consequences!"

Then, Trill is able to join the conversation. "If you killed an Inquisitor, I'm sure there would be consequences! My thought was to create a diversion to make the Inquisitor think she'd completed her mission and then leave Sidarin alone," she replies. "We know the Inquisitor is interested in pirates who smuggle Sith artifacts, because she otherwise wouldn't have attacked the Linko Sorisa spaceport that started this mess. If she thought you were going to meet with them, that might throw her attention off of you and onto the pirates," she suggests.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa knows for a fact that wasting this tool like this would be a waste. Stopping them from reporting a fire? Let them, they're already long gone as of now. Especially in this village in the middle of no where.

As for the reports of this Fourth Sister? That is more troubling. SHe keeps note of this channel saved to memory, be sure to check back to it when needed. Better they know what this Inquisitor is up to at all times. "It seems teh Inquisitor still does not know where we went, but, They are patroling, as well as transfiring to a new base. Caution is advised"

The Chiss then responds to Hazbar "No, not anymore. We decided to move to the nearby village. Eldrith decided to make a ruckus which gave me time to install a worm in Imperial Communications. I Have acces to most of there networks from what I can see. Ah yes, Nodoa is my name. I beleive this is the First weve spoken.

Nodoa then Speaks to Trill "Well...That can be quite easy to perform. I could send a false report to her and her squadrons. Perhaps even a Direct message as to where t go. All we would need is the location of those pirates or those artifactes. Or a false expy in order to strike at her I suppose. I would still like her alive Though. The Potential for higher learning from her biology could prove vital."

19. - Top - End - #649

"Well, that ought to be possible," Hazabar says, listening to Nodoa's suggested plan. "The question becomes 'who do we want to get an unexpected, undeserved visit from the Inquisition?'"

"That probably won't work," Trill says grimly. "This Inquisitor said that she expected you to lead her to what she is looking for," she continues. "That means that she can probably track you through the Force. So wherever the decoy we're going to use, you're going to have to go there yourselves to convince her that it's the real thing. And, there is going to have to be something real that she will be interested in - or else she will just continue to track you and not stay behind with the decoy. So if it's going to be pirates, then it will have to be real pirates!" She then pauses. "Wait, what kind of higher learning from biology are you talking about?"
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-07-19 at 09:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, responding as if it were nothing of importance "Diceasction. And if that fails, Autopsy. You say she posses the Force I would like to see what this exactly is. I believe it could be quite educational to see what exactly lets her track us as you say. Perhaps we could even use it, if she is kept alive that is. Harder to do learn as much from a corpse."

Continuing, she decieds to plot her plan "Well, that's just it isn't it. She IS tracking us. We do not exactly know what we are leading her to..thus if she can believe that where we are going IS this goal of hers, then by all means, she should follow. Perhaps we could lead her to the pirates holding the artifacts. Perhaps we could lead her to some pirates who..might have some artifacts. Eiher way, bodies thrown to the fire. Then, when she is tired, she can claim her 'prize' and leave. Or we could ambush her and take ours. Besides, I doubt theres much a shortage of Pirates here in the outer rim"

21. - Top - End - #651

There is a silence emanating from the other side of the communication channel. Then, finally, Trill says "That is not going to work. You will not be able to duplicate the Inquisitors' powers. Be glad of that!" she finishes.

She then takes a few breaths that Nodoa can hear, before saying "Yesterday I plotted a route to a pirate-controlled planet about twenty parsecs from Sidarin. I know that the gang of pirates that the Inquisitor fought with in the spaceport two days ago have a presence there. I could give you those coordinates. It would be better, though, if you could find a decoy closer to home, though." Trill's voice is grim and grave as she says this, with a bit of uncertainty and concern. It is probably difficult for Nodoa to figure out what the Human voice she is listening to is concerned about.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa continues to flick through the channels of the comms computer "As Expected of a Human. Lacking ambition and drive. It is Fine though, I will not hold it against you. The inquisitors gifts are unique, perhaps I would need more of them to test further."

"Hmm, yes that could prove more than worthwhile. I would prefer time to prepare though. Perhaps we could draw the pirate's back to Sinadrin, then lure the Inquisitor to them Instead of flying all the way out there. if not though, taking the inquisitor to them can prove worthwhile. Perhaps we can even work alongside them in order to strike down the common foe"
    Last edited by Shadowflick; 2018-07-20 at 12:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653

Trill sighs audibly - so audibly, in fact, that it's like that she wants Nodoa to notice it. "You're going to have to set up that trap, then. I'll give you the planet's coordinates. Don't underestimate the Inquisitor. She is every bit as dangerous as a Jedi of fable, and I've learnt not to ignore fables."

The coordinates - as well as the course that Trill plotted - show up a few seconds later.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-07-20 at 04:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa Collects the information "Thank you Trill. Now then, we simply need a place to properly prepare. I still require a true weapon for this task after all" SHe stands, moving to the pilot's chair and looking to gank "I have our next possible location. We are to make a trap for this inquisitor on teh Pirate planet here. It is the saem gang she fought earlier, I can lead her hear through teh coms channel I have found. All I ask is time to prepare equipment and the like. Perhaps I'll be making some more Cybernetics"

25. - Top - End - #655

SamuraiGuy

Fort breaks the awkward silence "Sooo... Do any of you have such a... SITH? artifact lying around? I will tell you that I've neva see one, but I've heard they look just like any kinda old junk. Problem is, these Force blokes can sense the difference, I hear.

We are taking a massive chance trying to fool that witch"

26. - Top - End - #656

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo gives Nodoa a sidelong glance.

"I think I might be beginning to see why the Imperials wanted to lock you up."

He leans forward to talk into the comms

"Like what you're thinking Trill. There any way we could contact the pirates to maybe arrange a meet on Sidarin itself before we head off, leave her the breadcrumb trail of questioning them then heading to their base offworld to give us some breathing room? It'd stop us having to head offplanet so soon. But... I do feel bad about throwing them to the wolves."

Zo clenches a fist to stop it from shaking.

"If we can surprise her and have the chance to, we should take her out, and rid the galaxy of a font of darkness."

He looks down for a moment, then speaks again.

"Let us know where, and we can pick you up before heading to decoys or farms. I think you might want to be mobile and have the option of hightailing it offworld."

27. - Top - End - #657

"Linko Sorisa is under lockdown," Hazabar grumbles. "They've barricaded the main roads, and the space port where my ship is. They'll also have infrared snooper-scopes that could see if someone makes a break for it under cover of night. I think they realize that you're not working alone, and are expecting the people here in Linko Sorisa to come out at some point."

Suddenly, Tigozan breaks in. "Well, about that. I know there's more than a few spacers who want their ships back, too. If we could coordinate some kind of distraction, and then all storm the spaceport at once, probably most of us could get to our ships," she suggests. "Oh, and Eldrith, a heads-up: Gragst's goons were looking around the Blue Milk Jugs earlier."

"Get me a ship and I can fly it," Trill says. "'Course I'll bet Hazabar can, too." She pauses. "To address your questions: first, I don't know if these pirates have any holocrons or other really dangerous artifacts that a Force-wielder could actually use. The artifacts I know they stole were some figurines and other sculptures. Either way, the Inquisition would rather people not even know about the Sith, so even if the artifacts aren't directly useful to her, she will want them out of the pirates' hands."

"Second, while those pirates aren't as bad as the Inquisition, rumor has it they did massacre a whole village on Ord Mantell to kidnap somebody who knew how to get them into the Stygian Caldera."

"Oh, those pirates, the Marthro gang!" Carcon exclaims. "The rumors are exaggerated. They kidnapped a local elder, killed his daughter and her husband, and then set fire to the village hall, but most of the villagers lived. Still, they're a nasty piece of work."

"Like when you robbed the cargo ship in the Yavin system, Carcon?" Tenga interjects.

Carcon rolls his eyes and responds exasperatedly "The cargo ship was abandoned, the people I wasted were also pirates, and they shot first!"

"Sure, sure. Who's to say the elder's daughter didn't shoot first, hmmm...?" Tenga responds.

"They still kidnapped the elder," Carcon retorts.

"Didn't you kidnap Baris Omtova?" Tenga asks.

"I gave him back." Carcon shrugs.

"After the family paid the ransom," Tenga says, scowling.

"No, after Baris showed me where his brother hid the Arlonian ale shipment they stole."

"And suppose Baris' daughter had tried to rescue her father?" Tenga pointedly asks.

"I get it, I get it. Either way I didn't torture Baris, like the Marthro gang did this elder. I also didn't sell Baris to the Hutts afterwards, like the Marthros did," Carcon snarls back.

"Fine, but you're still a pirate. There are worse pirates, I'll give you that," Tenga says. "More importantly, I want to hear what else Trill has to say."

"The point I was trying to make is that I don't like throwing them to the wolves either, but at least if the ruse works there will be one fewer gangs of ruthless kidnappers plying the stars," Trill says. "Finally, I think we should try to set up a decoy before you pick me up. Remember, I still have the map, so if the Inquisitor can track you to me, then she could get the map. I don't know what is at this farm that she could be interested in, but I'm starting to suspect that whatever it may be, it is there."
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-07-21 at 10:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa shoots a look back to Zo "I would assume that it would be Hard to See if such a lack of Vision"

She turns her attention back to the coms "A Pirate gang being slaughtered by the Imperial? Nexu eating Gizka. It matters not I believ as long as the goal is achieved. Especially considering they seem to be such horrible people I doubt the universe at large would miss them. Though, we could have an easier way of making you a decoy. I have my worm still within the sysyem, I could report that you, Tril, Are headed directly to said pirate moon hauling another of said artifacts. Potentily achieving two of our goals with one swift action. Of course, this may be too good to be true as well. I believe I only have a single chance for this to work, thus, i suggest we be cautious with the use of it"

29. - Top - End - #659

Trill breathes quickly, obviously feeling some amount of trepidation, before calming herself. "I don't think they know about me yet, actually," Trill suggests. "If they did, and if my guess about the location of the Inquisitor's goal is right, then she wouldn't need to track you. My guess is that she's sensed that you are planning to go to what she is looking for. In fact she may not know what she's looking for herself, only that it's important." Her voice then takes on a much harsher edge. "I will not consent to vivisecting anybody, though, not even a Sith. Fables are very clear that people who use evil methods even in the name of good wind up becoming just as evil as those they fight!"

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa raises a brow "Fables are stories told to children and fools to keep them in line. Lies to control them. I simply seek knowledge Trill. To call that evil is quite naive. If people listened to the fables they were told we wouldnt have achieved fire, let alone space travel. Besides, leaving the vivisection out of it, We still need to be rid of such a nuisance. Do you know of any place we can restock before I send the signal? Or shall we make our way to the pirate base first?"