The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1002
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The Rodian groans, listening to Eldrith's exasperated answer. It's not my ship. It's Lodon's ship," he says grimly. He takes a few breaths, while lying on the bunk that Zo managed to find for him. He pauses. "Look, I don't know who else is alive, but I can tell you Trill's not joking about danger," he continues. "The Imps at the starport are led by a floppy-eared alien woman with what the Anx here tells me was a lightsaber. I don't know why she wanted to kill everyone in the spaceport, but that seemed to be her plan. Guess she wasn't totally successful, if Trill lived to get me out.

    "I don't know why those fruit are worth so much to Trill, but I can tell you where she's going with them. There is a farmer guy named Pisarckh she was taking fruit to. Look, I don't know what she told you, and she's got secrets she didn't tell us. But it doesn't add up, her just running away, after she brought me to you. And, gotta be honest, 'friend', if Lodon is still alive, let's just say he's gonna want his ship back.

    "Wait... did you say Lasat?"


    Tigozan and her goons move around to the back and underneath the shuttle, around where the landing ramp would come down. They're obviously waiting for you.
    So what I'm hearing is you don't have a better offer and don't have a good reason why I should stop. Well then friend seems like what's about to happen is on you.

    As for your precious Capt Lodon. I think I'll get rid of the problem that knows where I live and who I owe money to and roll the dice on this fella of yours.

    I'm not heartless though friend I'm just looking after me and mine. After we're done here we can go follow up looking for Trill and see that she's taken care of and you both sent on your way.


    Turning towards his compatriots.

    Drunkie mc'bottle you watch this guy ok? He tries anything just I don't know flop on him or something but he doesn't reach for anything without you knowing got it?

    With that Eldrith goes back to the pilots chair and finds the control for the external speaker.

    Yeah you better believe I said Lasat. My good friend Tigozan's waiting for us outside.

    After saying that he flips the speaker switch and addresses the crowd outside and with his most charming smooth voice he addresses the Lasat.

    Tigozan, how is my favorite Lasat doing today? You're looking much better than the last time I saw you while I was patching you up. Why don't you have you goons back away from the ship.

    I've got a opportunity for you and Hazabar.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-04-17 at 02:26 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Struggling to keep track of all of these colors:
    Trill = indigo
    The Rodian = pale turquoise
    Tigozan = gold

    Have I missed anybody?


    The Rodian sighs as Eldrith leaves the ship to talk to Tigozan. He breaths out a curse in his home language. "Can't say I know whether to trust him or not," he grumbles.

    After a few moments, the a screeching whine of a spacecraft can be heard, wavering around some distance outside. The Rodian is visibly startled as he hears and recognizes it. "They're looking for us!" he hisses at Zo and Yijz. "That doctor fool! I don't know who this loan shark is, but he can't be as bad as that floppy-eared woman with the lightsaber!"

    *

    Meanwhile, Eldrith meets Tigozan and her goons as he exits the shuttle. Tigozan immediately stows her electrostaff, and her Gammorean thugs lower their weapons as well. "Eldrith?" she exclaims in surprise. "Why didn't you say you were coming? And what's with this ship of yours? It looks like an Imperial shuttle, but it looks like it's seen better days. Since when have you flown starships, anyway?"

    You are interrupted by a noise that sounds like the ship that flew over the bar earlier, while Eldrith was working in his clinic, although it's not as close and sounds like it's wheeling around. Tigozan looks over in the direction. "That's a TIE fighter," she says to one of her guards. "Go and monitor the entrance in case we get company."

    She then turns back to Eldrith. "I'm afraid Hazabar is out meeting with a client and won't be back 'till this evening. We may need you to clear out of the warehouse if the shipment comes in, or is this an emergency..." suddenly she trails off and furrows her brow. "Waaait... this deal of yours, and this ship... wouldn't have anything to do with that TIE fighter, would it?"
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-17 at 03:44 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith grins and shrugs his shoulders What can I say I've lived quite the life and I'm full of surprises when I need to be. Well then I think that I have a opportunity for you then friend.

    Eldrith looks over his shoulder towards the direction of the Tie fighter.

    I won't lie to you Tigozan there is some wild things happening right now. This Rodian patient of my was saying how the imps have seized control of the space port and got into a fight with some shady folks down there. I think they're also fighting a fire that happened down there as well.

    All the while some rumors are flying around about space wizards and a whole bunch of other mumbo jumbo that would make your head spin. Next we'll have a rumor about a giant 5 headed dragon worm tromping around the city. The imps don't need wizards to come in and take what they want so it's ridiculous.

    What they want I don't know but honestly it doesn't concern or impact me so I don't really care. The imps haven't done much here for a reason and I can't imagine that changing anytime soon.

    But enough about current events lets talk shop here. It sounds like you've got shipments coming in and going out and I have a shuttle here that could be loaded up with quite a bit to help with that. Could be an opportunity for us both.

    I recently acquired it but since I'm running a clinic and not a ambulance service I thought I could find people that need it more than I

    So what do you say Tigozan, I think there's room for both of us to come out a head here.

    Last edited by cybric; 2017-04-17 at 11:12 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Tigozan is at first skeptical of the term "space wizards", which she mouths silently as Eldrith tells her his abbreviated story. She listens to the explanation, then puzzles around for a few moments, and then smirks. "Ah, so you stole an Imperial shuttle, and now you want to pawn it off? Have I got it right?" she says in an amused way. "I knew you were a good doctor. I didn't know you were a master thief as well!"

    Then she turns serious. "I heard something about the spaceport, and if the Imps have seized it for some reason, then we don't want them knowing that you have a stolen starship. Is there anything on board? Anything the Imps might be interested in? And why does an Imp shuttle have the Seinar logo on it?" she asks, somewhat more curious. "I'll have to move it into a part of the warehouse where it'll be less obvious if anybody comes in looking for it. Do you know who it belonged to before you, ah, appropriated it? I'm guessing it wasn't the Empire, what with the logo..."

    "Oh, and we'll have to wait until Hazabar gets back before we talk nuna about buying your ship. How much are you looking for?"
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-18 at 11:04 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Gand stares at the patient-prisoner... Or is it glares? He puts down his bag and rests both hands on his knees, the 3 fingered hands contemplativey fidgeting.

    A moment later he suddenly launches into him:

    'Eh!!! Youuuuuuu'der yez, youz! Mrz Rooo-de-ianz youz juztyz gunnaz looze yourz zhip-p-p-p? Whyz itz 'ere? Who youz? Frell youz doo'z-n-n-n 'ere? Fragz da spazy wizardz bullshizzzzz youza bez all cauz'n talka 'bout-t-t-t...

    Yidjz looks very irritated.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-04-18 at 08:27 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian looks at the formidable looking insectoid, trying to puzzle what the creature is saying. "Can you help me keep the ship?" he finally asks. "I was the mechanic. Guess I could try to fly, but wouldn't get far with those TIEs out there..." he trails off. "What's a 'spaze wizardz'? Don't think I've ever heard of them before. Is that what that floppy-eared alien is called?"
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-19 at 08:05 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Wellz.... Myz dadderyz wazzzz-z-z eh grrrr-eh-tz anz rezpected-d-d Gand, findzmenz hez waaaz. Toldz uzzz when wez waa-zzzz buttz tinyz Gandz muchatooo youngz tooz 'azz nametz... Ztoryz of za zapper zwords of 'ightz wit der thinkerz headyz magiczzzzzz....

    His eyes have that far away look, his attention drifts off to another time.

    I 'ontz knowerz about-t-t anyz floppyz earz doz...

    He looks him over and suddenly remembers he is the watchmen of his conversion partner.

    Whyz youz beeez 'ere? Wherez diz zhip-p-p fromz?

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    Tigozan is at first skeptical of the term "space wizards", which she mouths silently as Eldrith tells her his abbreviated story. She listens to the explanation, then puzzles around for a few moments, and then smirks. "Ah, so you stole an Imperial shuttle, and now you want to pawn it off? Have I got it right?" she says in an amused way. "I knew you were a good doctor. I didn't know you were a master thief as well!"

    Then she turns serious. "I heard something about the spaceport, and if the Imps have seized it for some reason, then we don't want them knowing that you have a stolen starship. Is there anything on board? Anything the Imps might be interested in? And why does an Imp shuttle have the Seinar logo on it?" she asks, somewhat more curious. "I'll have to move it into a part of the warehouse where it'll be less obvious if anybody comes in looking for it. Do you know who it belonged to before you, ah, appropriated it? I'm guessing it wasn't the Empire, what with the logo..."

    "Oh, and we'll have to wait until Hazabar gets back before we talk nuna about buying your ship. How much are you looking for?"
    Feigning modesty Eldrith continues his chat with his good friend.

    Haha no nothing so daring I assure you. The imperials use this type of shuttle alot I'll grant you but this belonged to a private individual so them empire's not looking for it or anything so you can put that to rest right there. The imps hadn't seized it the thing was parked at the space port. No one was giving it a second glance you think if they were actually paying attention to the thing that we would be having this conversation right now? No no this ship while in great condition isn't on the radar for the empire right now. They are chasing something bigger it would seem so you can go ahead and take that scowl off your lovely face.

    A mischievous smile crosses his face.

    Yes I do know who it belonged to...an inattentive captain. If you feel the ship would be better in the warehouse I have no objections. he says relieved that she brought up the idea on her own.

    Hazabar is a wise Lasat to be sure but I feel like you and I can work something out here don't you think?

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show


    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lambd...huttle/Legends

    So I'm not entirely sure what the current evaluation of the Lamdba shuttle would be. I found the link above on the legends section of wookiepedia which says it's most likely valued at 240,000.

    I quess I'll take 30% off as my offer?

    Ideally Eldrith would have sense for what the approximate value of the shuttle is. I don't want to bog us down in negotiating though.

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ofmossandmoose View Post
    Wellz.... Myz dadderyz wazzzz-z-z eh grrrr-eh-tz anz rezpected-d-d Gand, findzmenz hez waaaz. Toldz uzzz when wez waa-zzzz buttz tinyz Gandz muchatooo youngz tooz 'azz nametz... Ztoryz of za zapper zwords of 'ightz wit der thinkerz headyz magiczzzzzz....

    His eyes have that far away look, his attention drifts off to another time.

    I 'ontz knowerz about-t-t anyz floppyz earz doz...

    He looks him over and suddenly remembers he is the watchmen of his conversion partner.

    Whyz youz beeez 'ere? Wherez diz zhip-p-p fromz?
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The Rodian looks at the formidable looking insectoid, trying to puzzle what the creature is saying. "Can you help me keep the ship?" he finally asks. "I was the mechanic. Guess I could try to fly, but wouldn't get far with those TIEs out there..." he trails off. "What's a 'spaze wizardz'? Don't think I've ever heard of them before. Is that what that floppy-eared alien is called?"
    Zo lets out a low rumbling sigh, massaging his temples with one long fingered hand.

    "Yijz speaks of those who learned to sense and wield the Force. The Empire hunted them down, like dogs......" He drifts off a little before continuing. "It seems they are now using them for their abilities."

    Zo looks down at the Rodian, tone and posture now interrogative and inquisitive.

    "Did she do anything that struck you as strange? Did she make anything float through the air, jump impossible distances, sense things she couldn't know about, start moving before things happened? Anything like that?"

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian grimaces, although more of pain than of anger. "This ship... well, Lodon said he'd gotten it from Sienar a few years ago, but I don't know all of the details of how he 'acquired' it. I don't remember ever running from Sienar, though, so I don't think he stole it." He pauses, trying to remember everything that he can. "Oh yeah, you want to know why we're here. I don't know all about it, because I was just the mechanic. We had data pads that we were going to sell the data on to a Lasat on Sidarin. I don't think I caught his name. I wonder if that's who Eldrith's talking to, though. There can't be many Lasats on Sidarin. Then there was Trill. We hired her to fly the ship since our last pilot left. She had her own cargo, some kind of fruit, and I think some of the datapads, too. I think the fruit was from Kashyyyk? Don't know why she was bringing it here, but maybe this Pisarckh guy does."

    After rubbing his forehead, the Rodian squints at Zo. "Now that you mention it, yeah, the floppy-eared woman could jump really far. I never seen her species before, though, but it's a lot farther than any Rodian could. And that lightsaber she had, she could throw it around and seemed to control it while it was in the air. I guess I thought it was just antigravity... is the Force real?"

    *

    Tigozan smiles wryly as Eldrith gives his explanation. It's hard to say what, but he still gets the feeling that Tigozan knows or figures out more of the truth than Eldrith is saying. Eventually, she agrees. "Well, just in case let's get your shuttle deeper into cover. The Imperials might not be looking for you or the ship per se, but they might think what they want is on this ship when it isn't. After all, you did fly it over here. That's gonna get someone's attention." Tigozan then makes a faint scowl, although not at Eldrith as she thinks. "Now you say that the Imps shut down the spaceport? That could explain why Hazabar and the client aren't back yet. In fact," she says, now taking on more of a suspicious tone, "this ship does resemble the description that Hazabar told me about. If it is, I don't think you'll need to worry. The client will owe you for liberating his ship from the Imps. It might not be quite as much money as you might have wanted, but I'm sure it will be a good cut of the ship's worth. What are you so desperate for creds that you're turning to stealing starships for, incidentally? This doesn't have to do with one of your loan shark pals, does it?"

    As Tigozan speaks, several more Gammoreans and other assorted aliens show up with antigrav forklifts, and set themselves up around the shuttle's landing struts. "Ready to move into the back hangar? Like I said, don't worry, I'll make sure you get a good cut of the profits if this turns out to be the client's ship, and I don't even know if it is the same ship, yet, anyway."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The EotE main rulebook (pp. 256-7) says it's worth 140k credits, or would be if it were the standard model. This one's gonna be a bit more because it's been customized as a smuggler's ship, though, and even that's not counting the cargo that you still haven't appraised. Still, a starship is going to be worth a heck of a lot more than Eldrith's back-door clinic, so you should still be sufficient to pay off Gragst and then some. And that's just assuming that you don't have a way to keep the ship after all (what if the Rodian and Trill are the only survivors of the former crew? They'd need a new crew to fly the ship!).
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-21 at 08:30 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The Rodian grimaces, although more of pain than of anger. "This ship... well, Lodon said he'd gotten it from Sienar a few years ago, but I don't know all of the details of how he 'acquired' it. I don't remember ever running from Sienar, though, so I don't think he stole it." He pauses, trying to remember everything that he can. "Oh yeah, you want to know why we're here. I don't know all about it, because I was just the mechanic. We had data pads that we were going to sell the data on to a Lasat on Sidarin. I don't think I caught his name. I wonder if that's who Eldrith's talking to, though. There can't be many Lasats on Sidarin. Then there was Trill. We hired her to fly the ship since our last pilot left. She had her own cargo, some kind of fruit, and I think some of the datapads, too. I think the fruit was from Kashyyyk? Don't know why she was bringing it here, but maybe this Pisarckh guy does."

    After rubbing his forehead, the Rodian squints at Zo. "Now that you mention it, yeah, the floppy-eared woman could jump really far. I never seen her species before, though, but it's a lot farther than any Rodian could. And that lightsaber she had, she could throw it around and seemed to control it while it was in the air. I guess I thought it was just antigravity... is the Force real?"

    *
    "Hrrm. The Force is very real. It surrounds us and binds the universe together. Seems she has learned very specific skills."

    Zo looks down at the Rodian.

    "Do you have any way for Trill to get hold of you? She might find it strange to come back to the stripclub and find no-one there but the bartender, given she left you in our care. I'm sorry you lost Lodon. I shall do all I can to help you move on from the losses you have suffered, and are suffering now."

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian's eyes begin to glaze over in noncomprehension as he responds to Zo very slowly. "Let me see if I get this... the Empire hunted down the Jedi, told us their powers weren't real, and are now... recruiting them? And that floppy-eared woman was one of the ones they recruited, which is why she strange powers?" The Rodian's voice fluctuates with disbelief, either at Zo's story, or at what he saw in the spaceport.

    Sighing, the Rodian then says "I don't remember more about where Trill was going other than to meet a farmer named Pisarkh, who lives on the outskirts of town. Unless she brought in a communicator with me, I don't know where. I think Lodon said that our client was a Lasat, though. Maybe I could get something to him? There can't be many Lasats in this town. Maybe even Trill will be there."

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith lets out a long sigh. Tig knew him well enough to know that he owed to some dangerous people.

    "I owe big Tigozan. I've been able to stall for a while but...either way yeah let's get this thing inside regardless. It couldn't hurt right."

    Eldrith feels a brief and fleeting moment of relief as Tigozan's associates start moving the ship into the hanger. At least he had gotten the ship to someone that could help him. That part was over and done with now all he had to do was make sure he gets the enough to cover his debt and if he played his cards well maybe he'd even have some walking around money left over.

    "You said this ship might belong to client of yours perhaps?"
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Tigozan rolls her eyes as Eldrith mentions owing people big. "Well, I guess I can't say we've kept our noses clean, have we?" she replies, harkening back to the step that she owed Gragst - the reason why they owe Eldrith the favor. She also shrugs at the possibility that this might be her client's ship. "All I know is that we were expecting a captain with a formerly Imperial shuttle. It was going to be carrying datapads and other computer equipment - what that was I'm sorry to say is proprietary for our other clients. Besides, if this is our client's ship, we'll know right away because it will have his cargo on board, right?

    The workmen and goons activate the forklifts and move the ship into the back of the warehouse, and through a large door in the back leading to another section of the warehouse that is not open to the outside. The skylight is frosted to prevent inspectors from looking in from above, casting a sepia light over the ship. The forklifts disengage, setting the ship down, and the inner doors on the warehouse clang shut to hide the ship from any eyes that might try to pry. As if on cue, the whine of a TIE fighter soars nearby and then continues around the slum area.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The Rodian's eyes begin to glaze over in noncomprehension as he responds to Zo very slowly. "Let me see if I get this... the Empire hunted down the Jedi, told us their powers weren't real, and are now... recruiting them? And that floppy-eared woman was one of the ones they recruited, which is why she strange powers?" The Rodian's voice fluctuates with disbelief, either at Zo's story, or at what he saw in the spaceport.

    Sighing, the Rodian then says "I don't remember more about where Trill was going other than to meet a farmer named Pisarkh, who lives on the outskirts of town. Unless she brought in a communicator with me, I don't know where. I think Lodon said that our client was a Lasat, though. Maybe I could get something to him? There can't be many Lasats in this town. Maybe even Trill will be there."
    Zo sighs, and braces himself as the ship lurches into the warehouse.

    It's a little more complicated than that....never mind. You said your contact was a Lasat? Eldrith is trying to flog this ship to one outside."

    As the ship comes to a halt, Zo holds out his hand to the Rodian.

    "We can go and see if it's your client. If so, at least you'll get paid. Are you well enough to move if Yijz and I carry you....? I'm sorry but I seem to have forgotten your name. Do forgive my terrible memory. I did a lot of drugs in my wilder days!"

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Skeeso," the Rodian finally says. "I'm Skeeso. I'm not sure I told you my name yet either, but maybe I did," he continues. He groans as he shifts his weight. "Yeah I guess I could be carried. My back is stitched up, right?" he adds. Then "oh yeah, Lodon knows who the contact is. I don't think he ever told us his name, though. Wasn't supposed to be that big a deal." The Rodian then looks at Yijz.

    Yijz, for his part, is starting to sober up, and feels thirsty from all of the alcohol that he's imbibed. He's still a little shaky on what must have happened at the spaceport, although it looks like more Imperials ruining peoples' day. And to think he was safe from that, here, on Sidarin.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-05-05 at 10:31 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yijz is starting to sulk a bit as his head starts hurting. Bored with baby sitting he still can't believe this Rodian is just gonna give up his ship so easily. He wasn't really paying attention to the " just a mechanic part".

    Slunk back on the uncomfortable metal bench he day dreams of the farm he once had and how his life once held promise.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo puts a large comforting hand on Yijz's shoulder, and offers him a flask.

    "This should take the edge off. Feeling up to helping carry him out? We need to see if this Lasat is his Captain's contact. If so, maybe they can help him since it appears he does not have much of a crew any longer."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    I'm thinking I got some booze from the club before we left? Is that ok?

    Do I need to roll Athletics to pick up the Rodian and carry him out gently?


  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Having some booze is such a minor thing I'm not going to use a destiny point for it

    Given Zo's size, he could easily carry Skeeso. If there's a check to move him, it would be medicine (and difficulty 1, because he's been stabilized)

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo tries to pick Skeeso up as gently as possible, and makes his way out down the ramp.

    He tries to stoop as low as possible, so that his tall form is as nonthreatening as possible. He can't do much about the large clothwrapped shield on his back, but his vibroknucklers are hidden in one of the pockets of his mining gear. Easily accessible, but hopefully out of sight. He doesn't want to tick off people he doesn't have to. Especially these sort of people... He smiles, and inclines his head in a friendly manner, hoping the flushes of tension on his crest are not too noticeable.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Medicine: 1eA+1eP+1eD 3 successes



  21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yijz waddles down behind Zo, giving a half-assed attempt to assist in carrying the Rodian. He slowly drifts out of his reverie, and blinks his eyes and looks around puzzled.

    Zoooo, wherez weez beez
    at-t-t-t Zo? Whatz Doc-y doinz?

    ...he chitters.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ofmossandmoose View Post
    Yijz waddles down behind Zo, giving a half-assed attempt to assist in carrying the Rodian. He slowly drifts out of his reverie, and blinks his eyes and looks around puzzled.

    Zoooo, wherez weez beez
    at-t-t-t Zo? Whatz Doc-y doinz?

    ...he chitters.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Haha "doc-y" lol
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Tigozan watches with surprise and curiosity as the massive Anx carries the Rodian out of the ship. She takes a step back and motions to her guards to remain alert, but looks Zo up and down, then back and forth between Zo and Eldrith. "Oh, you're the bouncer for the bar where Eldrith works," she says, placing him. "Who's the Rodian? And... what happened to him?" she adds. There is a bit of concern and a bit of curiosity in her voice, as she glances back and forth between Eldrith, Zo, Yijz, and Skeeso. Her eyes fixate on Yijz for a moment, with another questioning look, but she is if anything more puzzled by Skeeso.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    Tigozan watches with surprise and curiosity as the massive Anx carries the Rodian out of the ship. She takes a step back and motions to her guards to remain alert, but looks Zo up and down, then back and forth between Zo and Eldrith. "Oh, you're the bouncer for the bar where Eldrith works," she says, placing him. "Who's the Rodian? And... what happened to him?" she adds. There is a bit of concern and a bit of curiosity in her voice, as she glances back and forth between Eldrith, Zo, Yijz, and Skeeso. Her eyes fixate on Yijz for a moment, with another questioning look, but she is if anything more puzzled by Skeeso.
    "This is Skeeso. He was the mechanic for this vessel. His captain was to meet a Lasat like yourself," Zo inclines his head gracefully at Tigozan, "but regrettably the good Captain Lodon was slain in the attack that wounded Skeeso. Do you know this name, or is it another Lasat we seek? There cannot be too many out this way."

    Zo's apparent calm betrays his inner search for the Force, seeking any hints of the future that should indicate he should be ready to fight.

    Spoiler: OOc
    Show


    Foresight Roll (danger?): 1eF 2 Light Side



  25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Skeeso looks around at the hangar. Belatedly, he tries to speak."I... don't know if Lodon died or not, I didn't see... I know Trill lived. She brought me to..." he glances toward Eldrith, "That Human's operating..." he wheezes, not mustering the energy to finish the sentence, continuing to breathe.

    "Lodon..." Tigozan says softly, in confirmation. "I think Hazabar did mention a Lodon," she continues. "That means this is his ship. Skeeso, was that your name? I'm Tigozan. It looks like I'm your captain's client." She then reaches into her vest and draws out a communicator. "Hi Hazabar, how's it going?" she asks.

    A muffled male voice comes through the communicator. With the volume turned down, it is difficult for anyone but Tigozan to make out what is being said. A minute or more passes while she listens. "No show? Well, here's the thing: Eldrith - you know him? The doc who sewed me up after the accident? He's brought a ship in and it seems to be the one that the client had. Something happened at the spaceport, sounds like Imps killing people, and at least two of the ship's crew survived. Anyway, we've got the ship. I'd kinda like you to be- what was that?" At the words what was that, there is a loud noise, sounding like an explosion from the communicator. A couple of seconds later, there is a reverberating boom that echoes through the warehouse and the rest of the city. "Hazabar?" There is no response, but more muffled noises can be heard from the communicator. After another heart-pounding minute, the muffled sound of Hazabar's voice can be heard again. "Get back here as soon as you can!"

    Putting the communicator away, Tigozan looks back to Zo. "The Imps just busted the tavern where Hazabar was going to meet, well, Lodon I guess his name is. Nabbed some important-looking Twilek woman, he said. Hazabar's on his way back. Now, let's try to salvage what we can of this. Who else of the crew is still alive? And what about the cargo?"

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    If you want to know what Hazabar is saying, roll a check


    Spoiler: For Zo
    Show
    Zo senses that he should indeed be ready to fight, although not against Tigozan. Someone close to him may need to his help, however.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-05-29 at 11:47 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: roll
    Show

    [IMG]Perception: 2eA+1eP+2eD , b]2 successes, 1 threat[/b] [/IMG]


    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: roll
    Show


    Perception check: 2eD+1eA+1eP 3 successes, 3 threat





  28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    OOC: I was waiting for Rattigan

    Spoiler: For Eldrith and Yijz
    Show
    The conversation went something like this (intentional errors introduced due to the threat signs):

    Tigozan: Hi Hazabar, how's it going?

    Hazabar: Not the best. Everybody here is scurrying around like it's hid the plan. The captain is nowhere to be found. Is something the matter bacta vase?

    Tigozan: No show? Well, here's the thing: Eldrith - you know him? The doc who sewed me up after the accident? He's brought a ship in and it seems to be the one that the client had. Something happened at the spaceport, sounds like Imps killing people, and at least two of the ship's crew survived. Anyway, we've got the ship. I'd kinda like you to be-what was that?

    (sound of an explosion, with cracking wood and plastic. The communicator is flung some distance before Hazabar picks it up again. Muffled shouts of storm troopers can be heard in the background)

    Tigozan: Hazabar?

    (more chaos, difficult to make out any meaningful sounds other than the scampering of many feet)

    Hazabar: Yeah, I'm here. Imps just barged in and nabbed some Sith-looking Twilek lady with bodyguards. Think it may have been that moonshine maroon essence.

    Tigozan: Get back here as soon as you can!
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-05-29 at 09:59 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Apart from Trill, I know not. Skeeso said many of them fell. There are cargo containers but I know not what they contain, nor if they are truly your future property."

    Zo frowns with worry and his crest flushes vivid purple as a thought comes to him suddenly. "Did your brother get a good look at the Twilek woman? If she is who I think....there could be real problems in our future."

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Tigozan pauses, trying to figure out what to say. "Well, let's look at the cargo. There was going to be a key datapad for most of it," she says, looking at the Skeeso and at Eldrith.

    "The Twilek woman?" Tigozan asks. "Hazabar just said she looked rich. You looking for someone in particular? Wait, the owner of the Blue Milk Jugs is a Twilek, isn't she? I hope they're not the same - what would the Imps want her for?"

    "And who is 'Trill'? Where is he? she?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •