New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Im trying to rack my brain i think trill gave me a bunch of chips and datapads as a down pay. Can I try those to see if they are what she's looking for? Or would I already have it or did i never have it?

I forgot to chot it downon my sheet but ill be more diligent in the future

I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eldrith remembers Trill gave him something - but reaching into his wallet, he finds that she gave him fifty credits, not actual goods.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith pats down his coat and pants but remembering that he snaps his fingers as if to say "oh shucks" and looks towards Skeeso expectantly.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #124

Skeeso, still being mostly carried by Zo, looks uncomfortable at Eldrith's gaze. "Wait what are you looking at me for? I don't have the key pad," he says.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks back at Skeeso incredulously well I certainly dont have it. Any of you have it looking back at his partners

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #126

Tigozan then asks Skeeso "Would you be able to tell us which the keypad was if you saw it?"

"I think so," Skeeso answers.

After a bit of searching, though not too much, Skeeso says "It was left out in plain sight. Somebody must have taken it."

"That leaves three possibilities," Tigozan responds. "Probably is that the Imps have it, which I hesitate to think of the implications of. Second is pirates at the space port may have stolen it that you mentioned. Third is one of your crewmembers had it, and we have to track them down. Eldrith, where there any other survivors that you know about?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

What-t-t about-t-tza ladyz zat drrrrr-oped half deadz Roh-dy at Doc-y anz left-t-t?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith pinches the bridge of his nose and audibly sighs

yeah Trill is still out there yeah.
    She definitely had time to grab it while we were at the port. She also grabbed a weird fruit from a panel in your cargo of mangos and fiddled with a panel under the ship i think

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

9. - Top - End - #129

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry for the delay - internet browser is giving me trouble

"Trill was our pilot," Skeeso contributes. "The doc here said she carried me to his clinic."

"Fruit?" Tigozan asks in a perplexed tone. Pausing, and thinking for a bit, she then says "I think you're going to need to find her. If she brought Skeeso to your clinic and took the keypad, she probably wanted to get the keypad to us and finish the job, but may not know where we are." Then, pausing, she adds "I'll see if I can look into your employer, Zo, find out where the Imps might have taken her, or why."
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-06-06 at 01:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Another delay to payday.

Ok ok ok so we find Trill get the keypad and then we're in business.

Eldrith will describe seeing Trill running toward the bar while he was busy liberating the ship from the port.

Fine, listen Skeeso do you have a way of getting in touch with her or know where she would go? Does she have friends or family or like a 3rd cousin twice removed her that she would run to?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Perhaps if we can't contact her by comm, you could go back to the bar Eldrith, and could see if she is there? You would be less likely to be noticed than either myself or Yijz."

Zo looks over to Tigozan.

"I would appreciate it if you could find my employer. She has dirt on pretty much all of us that I'm sure we wouldn't want the Imperials learning."

Show

Do I need to roll a check to try and seem calmer than I am? Because he is probably freaking out a little that she may spill his secret.

12. - Top - End - #132

Skeeso rubs his forehead. "There was a farmer named Pisarkh that Trill said was on the outskirts of town that she was taking the fruit to," he says. "Other than that, yah, if Trill would be going anywhere, I'd say it would have been to pick me up from your clinic, if she went to the trouble of bringing me there. Not that I object that she saved my life, but I'm still a little surprised she did that," he adds.

"Pisarkh?" Tigozan replies. "That name's familiar, but I've never met him. There's another farmer guy we've worked with who also works with someone named Pisarkh. You'll have to ask around. I'm sure somebody will know where he is." She then turns to Zo. "I'll look for here, if at least to find out where the Imps might be taking her. I can't promise I'll be able to rescue her for you, but I might at least be able to point you in the right direction," she says.

Show
    You could roll, but to be honest, I don't think it would matter as far as Tigozan is concerned.

13. - Top - End - #133

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I appreciate that Tigozan. Maybe I can get her out if we know where she is. Hell, if I don't, I'm not sure I can stay on this planet any more."

Zo looks to Yijz. "Maybe you could help me Yijz? After all, hers is one of the only bars that will still extend you a line of credit." He gives Yijz a slow good natured wink.

Zo then looks around the others.

"We should have someone keeping an eye on the bar too to see if Trill goes back there. I'd offer to go but they will probably notice me. Maybe I could help unload the ship?"

Show

EDIT: Thought might be good to chat to Yijz as well. Since a gunslinger would be handy if we do need to spring her

Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-06-11 at 11:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    "I appreciate that Tigozan. Maybe I can get her out if we know where she is. Hell, if I don't, I'm not sure I can stay on this planet any more."

Zo looks to Yijz. "Maybe you could help me Yijz? After all, hers is one of the only bars that will still extend you a line of credit." He gives Yijz a slow good natured wink.

Zo then looks around the others.

"We should have someone keeping an eye on the bar too to see if Trill goes back there. I'd offer to go but they will probably notice me. Maybe I could help unload the ship?"

Show

EDIT: Thought might be good to chat to Yijz as well. Since a gunslinger would be handy if we do need to spring her

I'm willing to go if I can have some company from Tiz. One or two of your guards should be fine correct

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #135

"That bad, huh?" Tigozan comments. "I don't know what your secrets are, friend, but I'd say it's looking likely that you may be leaving Sidarin on this very ship. She extends a clawed hand to the vessel, and then activates the antigrav on a crate and starts pulling it out, motioning to Zo where to help her take them. "If Lodon doesn't come back to claim it, and maybe even if he does, he's going to need a crew for it, and we're never short of business. Could be dangerous, of course, but then, so is being a bouncer."

At Eldrith's request for guards, she gives him an incredulous look. "What would you need guards for? If you're going back to the bar, not being noticed is probably better for your health than having a big, conspicuous Gammorean trailing you." Tigozan says something to one of the big thugs, who hands her a communicator, which she then tosses to Eldrith. "Here. You run into trouble, you call me while you lay low. That way, you can stay inconspicuous unless you need muscle. All right?" She pauses, then widens her eyes slightly as she remembers the Rodian. "Oh, what about Skeeso? Is it safe for him to lie on a bunk or something?" she then asks.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    "That bad, huh?" Tigozan comments. "I don't know what your secrets are, friend, but I'd say it's looking likely that you may be leaving Sidarin on this very ship. She extends a clawed hand to the vessel, and then activates the antigrav on a crate and starts pulling it out, motioning to Zo where to help her take them. "If Lodon doesn't come back to claim it, and maybe even if he does, he's going to need a crew for it, and we're never short of business. Could be dangerous, of course, but then, so is being a bouncer."

At Eldrith's request for guards, she gives him an incredulous look. "What would you need guards for? If you're going back to the bar, not being noticed is probably better for your health than having a big, conspicuous Gammorean trailing you." Tigozan says something to one of the big thugs, who hands her a communicator, which she then tosses to Eldrith. "Here. You run into trouble, you call me while you lay low. That way, you can stay inconspicuous unless you need muscle. All right?" She pauses, then widens her eyes slightly as she remembers the Rodian. "Oh, what about Skeeso? Is it safe for him to lie on a bunk or something?" she then asks.
    Eldrith inhales slightly nervously.

Shaking himself back to reality he looks over at Skeeso making sure none of the sutures and work had been ripped or disturbed and in general checking in on Skeeso. Once all is well Eldrith will wave his hand to

Dang it Tiz I'm a doctor not a commando! But you make a good point and it will have to do

He exhales and calms himself once more. He's no commando however more and more it was looking like he was a theif. Mehh he had been called worse on his expulsion from the academy.

Looking back to Tiz Eldrith thanks her for being there when he needed her.

I'm not used to people being reliable Tiz but you've really come through. We're not done yet but I just want to let you know that I apprecate what you've done do far.

Show

Would Tiz have any gear other than the communicator that would be beneficial to have going back to the bar? I'm not thinking weapons but like repeller rope or something mundane that might help?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Aye! Iza gamey gandz! But-t-t-t eh...

He opens his coat, you can see a series of dangling knives.

Wellz diz gandz haz maybez-z-z uh..

He looks down at his feet (which wiggly as he does) sheepishly.

uh... Pawnz the zapperz for boozez... Waz not-t-t,t inz thez rightz mindzez at-t-t-t da timez... Mighta killz zome onez, dez pointyz... Wellz thatz lez jailzzz...
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-06-13 at 02:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Tigozan laughs at Yijz comment, glancing at his array of knives. "Let me find out what I can. Then maybe you can decide whether you need a blaster or something. Just between you and me, if an Imp soldier were to, ah, lose a blaster, I'd be happy with you using it!" She then turns back to Eldrith. "You need anything? The sooner you find this Trill and get that keypad from... her? Did you Trill was a she? The sooner you get the keypad the sooner we can make use of this ship and its cargo..."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alright alright I'm going. Keep in touch though I don't want to be out of the loop if something goes south

Eldrith will grumble off towards the motor pool and grab a swoop or whatever transportation is available to head off to the bar

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #140

The better speeders are locked up, but Eldrith is able to get something that can transport him around the city somewhat. At least, nobody stops him.

Whizzing around the shantytowns Eldrith has to constantly dodge pedestrians running to and fro. News of the events of today have spread through the city like wildfire, and with nearly everyone on Sidarin having some kind of criminal record or at having engaged in some sort of criminal activity, the mere presence of Imperial troops or agents has caused thousands to take to the streets in the hopes of moving... somewhere? Or something?

The city streets are little better. Once or twice, Eldrith does see a small group of troopers looking for something or someone - evidently they haven't yet found what they are looking for. Still, the huge number of people in the streets frantically making preparations for what they assume to be Imperial occupation makes for some difficulty in traveling.

Spoiler: GM rulings for Eldrith
    Show
    Because of the sheer number of people in the streets, Eldrith may take longer to get back to the bar than he otherwise would. Eldrith is facing a difficulty 2 ground vehicles check with 2 disadvantage dice in order to get there in a timely fashion, if he is playing it safe. If he decides to drive more aggressively, the difficulty is only 1 but it's a challenge die, not a difficulty die, and if he gets a Despair result, he will hit and kill a pedestrian.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-06-16 at 05:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith decides to take a steady pacd toward the bar trying to endanger people less than if he was frantic
    Show

Pilot roll: 2eA+2eD 1 failure

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

22. - Top - End - #142

After having to slow down many times to avoid endangering the huge number of pedestrians, Eldrith arrives to find the bar closed. Using his key to get in, it looks like the front doors have been pounded on, and a great many footprints are on the floor. The cleaning droids are all deactivated, sitting in a neat little arrangement in the corner. The barkeep is nowhere to be seen, but a good number of bottles have been taken off the shelf. The door to Eldrith's clinic is ajar.

Inside of the clinic, several drawers and cabinets have been opened, but it's difficult to see what, if anything, was taken. There are no signs of a struggle. Then Eldrith notices something strange, a towel stuffed where it should not be. Lifting it out of the partially open drawer, Eldrith notices that something is written on it using what looks like one of his labeling dyes for ink. The writing reads:

"Ask Skeeso about his bar."

Show
    Eldrith can roll an Underworld check (difficulty 3) to try and figure out what the missing bottles were and what was special about them. The higher difficulty is because he is trying to figure it out by their omission rather than by presence.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-06-16 at 07:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith racks his mind trying to figure out what had been taken

After noticing the message he'll take out his pistol just to be safe then call his team on the Commlink

Guys I'm at the bar. Looks someone definitly tried to get in. Doesn't look like a fight happened but someone was definitely here. I think i may have missed her. But there is a message "Ask Skeeso about his bar." Does that mean anything to him?

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Streetwise: 2eA+1eP+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: sorry rolled the wrong stat
    Show

Underaworld: 3eA+3eD 1 success, 2 advantage

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #145

The missing bottles are a brand of hooch common along the outer rim and brewed on many different planets, and involve a (relatively mild) type of spice in the creation. This brand of hooch is contraband under the Empire. It looks like Imperial troops must have visited the bar in Eldrith's absence.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah yeah more im looking around the more it looks like the imps tossed the place. The Arlonian Ale is gone a bunch of the drawers are open. Looks too neat to thugs though

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Zooo Zo, wez gonnaz headz t-t-ta da barz? Could youz zomethingz to drink-k-k gandz gettingz parched!

He rubs his hands together gleefully!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-06-18 at 08:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After Eldrith goes over the bar he'll look over his clinic and see if anything there would be useful for their endeavor. Medical supplies or anything that he feels he could use to barter with other "less reputable" folks

Show

Would making a perception test in either the clinic or the bar yield any more information than I already have?

Just don't want to miss an opportunity here at the bar

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

29. - Top - End - #149

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo smiles down at the suddenly animated Gand.

"I'm sure we can find something to slake your thirst. Can't have you getting a hangover right before a daring rescue! Force knows we may need to try one..."

He collects himself and looks over to Skeeso.

"Eldrith says there was a message to ask about your bar. That mean anything to you? Some sort of meeting place maybe?"

30. - Top - End - #150

Skeeso rubs his forehead for a moment. "Yeah, one of the other crewmembers and I - Scarl, the gunner - he was going to show me a bar on this planet after the job was done. Oh what was it called... something Mandalorian. The Thirsty Mandalorian, maybe?" He reaches into his clothes, and looks for something. He breathes again. "It's gotta be something like that Thirsty Mandalorian, Hungry Mandalorian, something."