The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1002
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith hears voices going back and forth on the other end of the communicator clearly talking back and forth to one another.

    Looking around at the aftermath of search he'll turn over a couple of items trying to find anything worth taking but then a thought comes to him.

    Perhaps there is a security system like cameras or anything else that might have recorded the entrance.

    "Hey, Zo second question...do you know where the security footage would be stored?"
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    should I go and do a perception roll to find the

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith finds the camera without any trouble at all, but the recording drive is not located inside of the camera. He'll need to access a computer in order to record who entered the building.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    roll difficulty would be zero...

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The security camera itself has no drive inside of it that stores memory. It must be connected to a computer... somewhere.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: Eldrith question
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by cybric View Post
    Eldrith hears voices going back and forth on the other end of the communicator clearly talking back and forth to one another.

    Looking around at the aftermath of search he'll turn over a couple of items trying to find anything worth taking but then a thought comes to him.

    Perhaps there is a security system like cameras or anything else that might have recorded the entrance.

    "Hey, Zo second question...do you know where the security footage would be stored?"
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    should I go and do a perception roll to find the



    "Not sure. I just watched the door when I wasn't mining, made sure patrons took the fighting outside and kept the dancers safe. Now from what Skeeso is saying I think it might be the Parched Mandalorian bar downtown. Might be a good place for us to go since it's close to the meet Skeeso's former captain said he was headed to. Seems to me that Trill is trying to get back in touch with us, since she knows where Skeeso was and where the meet was."

    Zo looks over Skeeso to see how he is doing.

    "We need to move quickly. I need to get Tenga out as soon as we know where she is, so meeting with Trill as soon as we can to clear up this ship business sounds like a plan to me."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Medicine check to see if a stimpack could give him the vitality to move better (will roll difficulty dice separately once you assign them), then Foresee (if not allowed to do both, disregard roll) to try and get a sense of how dangerous going to the bar might be. Zo is desperate for any guidance the Force can provide, hence doing it a lot

    Medicine: 1eA+1eP 1 success, 1 advantage


    Foresee for the Bar: 1eF 2 Light Side



  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Why would I not allow you to use both skills?


    Zo's medical knowledge gives him the impression that Skeeso is probably best off staying put and not trying to go to the bar - moving around too much might re-open some of his wounds, stimpack or no.

    There will be perhaps minor danger at the bar - indeed, danger that Zo has seen before, a bar fight. It should be nothing that he cannot keep everyone safe from, except maybe Skeeso. Yet, there is something more: going to the bar will set in motion a chain of events that may lead to great peril farther in the future.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Hrrrm... It might be best if Skeeso stays here. You have already been of great aid to us Tigozan, but I wondered if we could impose on you a little further and ask that you find a place where Skeeso can lie down in comfort and be kept watch over. We will do all we can to get this padd for you, but a bar like the Parched Mandalorian is not the safest place for him in his condition."

    Zo smiles and looks down at the Gand.

    "Besides, me and Yijz should be able to manage it, and keep Eldrith mostly out of trouble. So Yijz, feel like going to a bar?"

    Zo grins as he anticipates Yijz's response, though his crest continues to flush with the colours of concern and mild apprehension beneath his hood.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Frellz yez!!!

    Yijdz makes a motion of blasters, with a wide eyed inquisitive look of anticipation.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-06-27 at 01:27 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    minor character dictation on Zo's part


    Zo finds Tigozan talking with another Lasat, a male, in the front hangar. "Skeeso?" he asks.

    "That is the name of the Rodian mechanic of this ship," Tigozan answers.

    "Ah, one of Lodon's crew. And you say Eldrith is looking for the other one?" asks the male. After hearing that Zo and Yijz are about to set out to help find Trill, the male Lasat - Hazabar, of course - nods. "Sure Skeeso can stay here for now. You're helping us get that shipment, remember? Besides, Lodon was a good client of ours, maybe Skeeso will be again when he heals up."

    *

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    I rolled two failures and two threats for Eldrith, so he winds up with one success, one triumph, and two threat.


    Eldrith easily locates the computer, manages to identify the security files, and watches the relevant moments.

    The security footage sees Trill walking cautiously into the bar, looking around and clearly noticing the drag-marks on the floor where Zo helped carry Skeeso out, and then walking briskly toward the clinic. There is no security camera inside of the clinic, so Eldrith does not see what she does in there, but she emerges very soon thereafter. She reaches into her vest over her right breast and pulls out a sheet of paper, then starts suddenly, puts the paper away and enters the womens' toilet, and does not re-emerge. Before she disappears, Eldrith can make out what looks like a geometric design or maybe an insignia on the paper: one large, black disk, with three smaller disks around it, and what looks like maybe writing on one side.

    Seconds afterward, a troop of Imperial white-suits enters the bar led by a 40s-ish man in a gray uniform, looking like some kind of officer. The recording does not include sound, so Eldrith can't be certain what is being said. He motions to the troopers, including pointing at the drinks behind the bar, before pulling out a datapad and taking notes on it. The troopers remove the Arlonian ale from the bar, check out Eldrith's clinic, one bringing out some medicines. The officer then goes into the clinic, several minutes pass, and he comes back out, and shrugs at the sergeant of the troopers. After about three more minutes of milling back and forth and standing around talking, they leave. Notably, the troopers do not go into the toilets, but when they leave, Trill does not reemerge, either.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith watches the video of Trill ducking into the bathroom and the imps storming the bar. He knew they had taken the Ale but it was still hard breaking to watch it go. He was no where near the drinker that Yijz was but many a fine evening was had over a glass of Arlonian Ale.

    He watches with annoyance as the officer shrugs like goof and then sends his squad away. A couple seconds go by on the video, a few more go by, a couple mintues now and Trill still hasn't come out of the restroom.

    Eldrith thinks for a second "...she never left bathroom" not the way she came in anyway.

    Eldrith downloads the video footage to his datapad before leaving the office and heads in the direction of the womans restroom.

    It probably wasn't anything but Eldrith taps his pistol against his thigh contemplatively as a nervous tick.

    He opens the door and looks inside
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The toilet room is empty, as far as Eldrith can tell, but the window is wide open, curtains flapping in the breeze. He can see the featureless wall of another building in the twilight, but no sign of anybody, at least, not unless he opens the stalls.

    Eldrith at first doesn't recognize the drawing, but then it hits him: there were other details around the four circles, other dots and shading around on the paper, and the circles themselves were a little irregular. He realizes that the drawing is a map, and indeed the rocks remind him of some of the rock formations on Sidarin. Given enough time and patience and enough satellite maps of the planet he might find the place, but still he has no idea of its significance, or why Trill might care about it.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The window seemed to tell the story. Trill got out of dodge when the imps showed up through the window after leaving a message on where to meet.

    Just to be thorough Eldrith with open the stalls just to make sure that she really left through the window and isn't really hanging out in the bathroom or something even though that seemed unlikely to him.

    After he makes sure everything is fine he'll communicate his findings about the mountain range to the group and leave the bar to meet up with them.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    sorry for the delay my kid has been sick the past two days.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Either I am badly misunderstanding the rules, or falling causes way more damage than it should...


    As expected, the stalls are empty. Trill must have opted for the the eight-meter drop into the fenced-off alleyway, unless she climbed down the drainage pipe, that is.

    *

    The trip to the Parched Mandalorian involves even more driving around hordes of pedestrians. Additionally, as Eldrith gets closer and closer to the core of the city, near the spaceport, the imperial presence increases. Occasional troops of stormtroopers walk purposely here and there, each troop led by an officer not unlike the one that Eldrith saw in the security camera footage. They are obviously looking for something, or someone, not merely patrolling the streets. They also obviously have not found it.

    Night is falling as Eldrith nears the doors of the Parched Mandalorian. Standing at the doorway are two bouncers dressed in what at first glance is authentic Mandalorian armor, but a closer inspection reveals the metal helmets to be plastic replicas. Any Mandalorian of the old ways would have considered this portrayal an unbearable insult and an an incitement to violence, but apparently with Mandalore being more than a thousand parsecs away, largely taken over by the pacifistic movement back during the days of the Republic, and now under Imperial occupation in addition to all that, the owners of the bar must be content to flaunt fate.

    At the moment of Eldrith's arrival, a storm trooper with an orange sash is speaking to one of the bouncers, but then the trooper walks away. Two tough-looking Human men walk in, followed by a Wookie in a slave collar. From outside of the bar, Eldrith sees no sign of Trill, although between the time he took driving around pedestrians and playing it safe, and Trill's own demonstrated athletic fitness, she easily could have gotten here before him and be waiting inside by now.

    Spoiler: question for Eldrith
    Show
    How is Eldrith communicating his realizations about the map? If he sends footage to Zo and Yijz via electronic transfer, there is the possibility that someone may intercept it, and Eldrith seems paranoid enough to be worried about that On the other hand, it will be hard for him to describe the map in detail without sending the footage.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-07-01 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typo

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith takes in the sound and sites of the streets.

    Like everyone else in the city, the imperial presence had him on edge. The Imps were out of place here and it definitely showed. Looking across the street while biting his nails and making sure that he wasn't obviously spotted by any of the stormtroopers he'll cross the street and enter the bar.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Night has fallen by the time Zo arrives at the Parched Mandalorian. With a smile and a low nod of his crested head he greets the bouncers as he walks between them into the bar.

    "Evening chaps. Busy in there tonight?

    Once inside, he scans the bar for anyone he recognises.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Dice pool is 2 green, 1 setback for shield (-1 for racial skill) and 1 difficulty.

    Charm the Bouncers: 2eA+1eD 3 successes, 1 threat



  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As Eldrith walks into the bar, his eyes adjust to the brighter light inside from the deepening twilight outside. All heads turn toward him as he enters, although most then turn back to their drinks or conversations, or to the dancers at the front of the bar. Maybe they were watching for Imp troopers. Also, the Arlonian Ale is missing from the shelf, and there is a lot of extra room on said shelf, so maybe they've been here already. The mass of dancers on the main floor, all tactfully dressed oddly enough, with the dimmed lights everywhere else are distracting and make finding anybody else difficult, but Eldrith does find Trill sitting at one of the tables to the side, with her back to a corner. How long she has been watching him is difficult to say, but just as finding her was a challenge with all the dancers, spotting him might not have been easy either.

    "Well," she says as Eldrith comes over, and she pushes a chair out from under the table with her feet for Eldrith to sit in. "I'm guessing Skeeso is awake, if you could find my note. How is he? And where is he?" she asks.

    *

    Zo arrives maybe a few minutes after Eldrith, being able to take an easier route with fewer roads blocked off to foot traffic. The false-Mandalorian bouncers look him up and down as he approaches. "Busier than ever," the bouncer answers from behind his plastic mask. "Parched Mandalorian is one of the few bars that isn't closed with all of the you know what tonight," he adds. He nods to his companion, and they make way for the Anx. "I'm sure I don't need to tell you the rules. You've probably said them many times yourself."

    Zo's towering figure enters the bar, and thinks he can make out Eldrith talking to someone in the corner. They have no trouble singling him out, however.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-07-09 at 05:26 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As he enters the bar the first thing he notices is the lack of Arlonian Ale. Eldrith wasn't known for his drunkenness but when he needed to unwind Arlonian Ale was the thing that did it and it was sorely missed.

    Noticing Trill Eldrith heads towards the table where she is sitting. He resists the urge to order the closest thing to Arlonian Ale they have here from a passing waitress knowing that today of all days he'd need his wits about him.

    Eldrith takes the chair and sits down with Trill. As he does so he places his hand on his thigh. Not close enough to be perceived as a threat but it is closer to his holster than if his hands were on the table. He had seen too any deals go south at a bar table to not be a little prepared.

    Eldrith meets her gaze with calm eyes and brushes his blond hair to the side.

    "Right on the money as usual Trill. Skeeso is fine thanks to my care. As for where he is...he's in probably one of the safer places on this planet right now with a couple friends of mine looking after him making sure he's just fine. I don't have any love for the imps Trill and it's clear they are looking for someone, and it's very clear that you and your crew are more than just your average smugglers. What's going on here Trill. I think I'm owed something for saving Skeeso and a explaination is the least you could do."
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Ambiance

    Spoiler: OOC for Zo and Yijz
    Show
    I'm going to let Zo and Yijz decide what to do when the get in and roll any relevant dice before posting what happens.


    Trill exhales at Eldrith's semi-deduction-semi-accusation. She glances behind him for a second. "I'm sorry, but I really don't know why the Empire is here," she says. She looks at first like she might say something more, but then decides against it. "And I don't know how 'unusual' we are, or why you think that. Does my caring enough about someone to try to save his life make me so strange to you? I thought that you of all people would understand that, what with you being a doctor and all."

    Trill pauses, then leans across the table, in close. "This isn't a safe place to tell you more than that. I'm not sure there is a safe place, but it sure isn't here." Leaning back, she then adds "Besides, you just said Skeeso is somewhere safe. That might be a better place to talk."

    Trill glances behind Eldrith - at Zo, as he enters the doorway. With the Anx wearing his hood, it is unlikely that Trill would recognize him in the different lighting, although he is awfully large.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-07-10 at 09:28 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Picking up on the fact that the bar might not be the best location to have a sensitive talk like their's Eldrith's eyes narrow and look at Trill knowingly while checking slightly over shoulder to scan the room for anyone that might be ease dropping.

    He leans in towards Trill. "My friends from the Blue Milk Jugs, a Anx and a Gand, are on their way here. Once we meet up with them we can all leave together and head to Skeeso."

    After finishing Eldrith leans back in his chair making a show of putting his arms up in a defensive fashion playing along with the act and adding to the story hoping she'll play along until his friends can arrive.

    "Don't get me wrong sweet heart I've seen all kinds of people come through Linko Sorsia I've treated alot of them but someone that can handle the amount of Arlonian Ale that you and your crew put back the other night is just not normal. That makes you more than smugglers that makes you my kind of scum haha."


    He keeps bantering and chewing the story hopefully long enough. However he is trying to be aware of his surroundings and keeping a eye peeled for trouble.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo glances around the bar, which is both new to him and at the same time very familiar.

    "Try not to drain the bar dry Yijz. We'll probably be leaving shortly after finding Trill."

    He starts walking to where he thinks he saw Eldrith, and watches out for any storms or arguments that may soon break.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Hope it is ok to chat to Yijz. Though it made sense we would travel over together.

    My Vigilance roll, adding a force dice with my Enhance force power:

    Vigilance: 1eA+1eP+1eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side


    I can turn the Light Side points into successes/advantages. Didn't know what the difficulty was, so can add that in later. Probably will do two successes, but could I wait and see what difficulty gives? If no difficulty, will get an extra success and advantage.

    Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-07-11 at 10:05 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Trill smiles at Eldrith's attempts to turn his incriminating comment into a little more levity. "Oh, we like to party, although, I gotta be honest, I think I had more to drink that night than is good for me!" she replies. "But we sure needed it then, after cleaning all the bantha dung out of our ship the previous day. You wouldn't believe how much those beasts can stink up your ship. I'm just glad we smelled well enough to come to the bar!" Trill picks up a glass off of the table and takes a sip - Eldrith realizes that it's Corellian peach juice, which is nonalcoholic, although who knows what (if anything) Trill may have (had it) spiked with.

    Meanwhile, Yijz spots them first while making his rounds - well, Eldrith had seen them before, the two thuggish-looking Human men with the Wookie in the slave collar. The three of them are walking toward the table next to where Eldrith and Trill are sitting. Sitting at this table are a two Human men and a woman, a female Twilek, and a brownish-skinned Rodian. One of the five seated, the Twilek, seems to have noticed the thee approaching them. One of the seated Human men, however, has started looking over at Trill with an unhealthy smirk developing on his face, and the Twilek is taking a glance at Eldrith.

    At about this time, Zo believes he recognizes Trill as the person Eldrith is talking to.

    And yet, simultaneously, on the other side of the bar, an off-duty and out-of-uniform Imperial officer unwinding with a fellow have attracted some unwanted attention of their own...

    Spoiler: Notes
    Show

    Yijz has two rounds to take actions, because of the number of successes he rolled. Zo and Eldrith have one round. If any of them decide to take any hostile actions (such as drawing a weapon), that character will get to act and then we will roll for initiative (see OOC thread).

    The two Human men and the Wookie are fixated on the five people seated at the table and have not noticed the player characters yet, although they may take somewhat inebriated action.

    The Human man staring at Trill is motivated by lust (he's also a bit drunk). He may take an action as appropriate once the shooting/swinging starts. You may act on this information with an appropriate check.

    The Twilek looking at Eldrith has realized that Eldrith's bluffing is an act, although she does not know why. She may assume he is hostile if hostilities between the seated people and the standing people erupt.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-07-12 at 09:09 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    He walks through the door with a loping relaxed gate. His eyes taking in the scene as an expert could. The sideways glances, lazy eyelids, furrowed brows and bowed tired heads.

    He spots the out of townies quickly, their manner of dress, starched and crisp ain't exactly blending in at a bar like this. Their were always freighter captains or those drawn in for a bit of fun from nearby sectors, however they were from here, from the same hard lives, and scrappy humble origins. Even if being from here still was a place parsecs away.

    No, these were from somewhere else, not the callused hands of working men, the shifty eyes of freighters and smugglers keeping watch, nor the false dandies blowing cash for the thrill of momentarily seeming bigger then they are...

    These were men of stark halls, bureaucratic manners, military rigour, of black space, stars and obedience. They were from way out of town.

    He also finds the doctor at the bar with the women. The one they were wondering about, the doc already chatting her up.

    Yidz continues to size up the room... scanning it with his large black eyes for possible escape routes and places of defense, tables to turnover or pillars to duck around. That's when he sees the boozy stare of lust aimed at the doc's companion. Another complication...

    ...and the wookie slave, maybe an advantage?

    Go-onna 'edz... Eh, I'm gonnaz hangzbak 'er... Grabz zom t-t-t'ing froma za way-trazzz... Watchyz doz frelling impzers atz da bar-r-r...

    He gives a subtle nod in the direction of the off duty imperials and slinks into a darkened corner booth, keeping his hat low, collar of his coat high, his eyes wide and watching. He places his knapsack next to him, rolling the gun out of his pocket he perches it on top, a secret gun rest hidden in the dark. The barrel waves eagerly from just below the table top, judging what group might be the first to get it.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-07-13 at 11:28 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo's hand goes to his pocket, fingers curling round his vibroknucklers. He doesn't slip them on, but it's comforting to know they are there close to hand should things kick off.

    He makes his way through the crowd towards the humans and the Wookie, ready to knock some heads together in the confusion when the brewing rumble kicks off, and "accidentally" freeing the Wookie as a result.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Is that OK? I presume it would be a Brawl roll to bash heads together, or is it easier to just punch them?


  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    In the lighting of the bar, Eldrith catches eyes with the female Twi-lek at the next table. He could tell from the confused look in her eyes that she wasn't buying his story but things could be worse.

    Eldrith keeps his hands hovering near his pistol just in case anything dicey happens at the bar.

    He gives the Twilek his most charming wink and glances over his shoulder looking for his friends and instead notices a couple of humans and a Wookie on their way over.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    I couldn't tell after reviewing the thread whether or not Eldrith had noticed these guys making their way toward the other table. I'm trying to throw the female Twi leks attention towards the approaching thugs.

    If I had noticed them then it's intentional however if he hadn't already noticed them then maybe his surprise is enough to make her take notice?

    Also subnote sorry for holding up the game. I got a little frozen with so many options and I was trying to finagle a way to have Trill like charm the drunk guy and try to have him cause a commotion as cover for leaving the bar but wasn't sure what to roll for to notice his intentions and didn't want to hold up the game anymore than I already have.

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Twilek gives an exasperated look at Eldrith and then glances at the two men with the Wookie when suddenly gets a more fearful look in her eyes. She grabs the arm of one of the men next to her, and they both stare at the imposing-looking trio as they approach. Hands reach underneath the table. More hands reach into coat pockets. A short dialogue begins between them.

    "Why are you here? How much trouble have you caused?" asks one of the men standing next to the captive Wookie. "Chips, I think you should start pulling arms off." The man makes a gesture inside of his coat, and the Wookie - Chips presumably - grunts in pain. The Wookie strides forward toward the table and looms over it, reaching out with an arm.

    At this moment, a flutter of movement in front of him catches Eldrith's attention. Trill has shifted her weight and her chair, and now has her hands underneath the table, in her lap. Eldrith can guess that she has a blaster or something like it down there. She glances at him and gives him a smile, although her attention for the moment seems to be on the Wookie.

    *

    Meanwhile, across the bar, the pair of relaxing Imperials are approached by a group of creatures of mixed races. "Enjoying the drinks on us, huh?" one of the creatures, a Quarren, stutters. His voice boils with anger, tainted with alcohol.

    The non-uniformed officer turns toward the newcomer. "You had better not be insinuating something, citizen?", reaching down toward his belt and fondling a communication device. The other Imperial reaches for his blaster rifle holster, and then realizes that it's not there, since he's not in uniform.

    "Well, I'm glad your pals are somewhere else, 'cause this bar's a thermal detonator with a... thing on the button." says the Quarren, before making a lunge.

    Spoiler: Game mechanics
    Show

    It is now time to roll for initiative. As the characters have had the option to prepare, you may use Cool instead of Vigilance to make your initiative check.

    You must beat two advantage with no successes to act before the NPCs. Once you have you have made your initiative roll, you may post your actions. I am providing the defensive stats of all of the relevant NPCs so you can determine the effects of attacking them in your post (i.e. you do not need to wait for me to adjudicate the results of your actions).

    ~~~Round 1~~~

    Party #1: Trill
    Trill (soak 3, wound threshold 12, strain threshold 13)

    Party #2: humans with the Wookie slave
    Human thug (soak 3, wound threshold 5, minion)
    Human slaver (soak 3, wound threshold 10, strain threshold 10)
    Chip the Wookie slave (soak 5, wound threshold 13, strain threshold 10)

    Party #3: people sitting at the table next to Eldrith and Trill
    Twilek woman (soak 2, wound threshold 4, minion)
    Human male lusting for Trill (soak 3, wound threshold 5, minion)
    Human male captain (soak 3, wound threshold 10, strain threshold 10)
    Space human woman (soak 3, wound threshold 5, minion)
    Rodian (soak 2, wound threshold 4, minion)

    Party #4: Drunk Quarren and friends
    Inebriated Quarren male (soak 3, wound threshold 10, strain threshold 10)
    Inebriated Rodian female (soak 2, wound threshold 5, minion)
    Inebriated Twilek male (soak 2, wound threshold 4, minion)
    Inebriated Aqualish male (soak 3, wound threshold 6, minion)

    Party #5: Off-duty Imperials
    Imperial officer (soak 3, wound threshold 11, strain threshold 11)
    Imperial soldier (soak 3, wound threshold 6, minion)

    Party #6: Bouncers
    Fake Mandalorian bouncer 1 (soak 5, wound threshold 6, minion)
    Fake Mandalorian bouncer 2 (soak 5, wound threshold 6, minion)

    Other bar goers - not currently involved in conflict, but do you really want to attack them?



  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo unslings his shield from it's resting place atop his pack and steps towards the group, anger creeping into his low rumbling voice as he raises himself up to his full height and looms over them.

    "It's not nice to force others to do your dirty work."

    He waits till his low voice from behind prompts the human to turn, then his unoccupied hand jabs out in a powerful blow into the gut of the human who just "motivated" Chips.

    "Don't tear any arms just yet please Chips. The bar's going to get messy as it is!"

    He smiles at the Wookie, before readying himself for a return attack.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Maneuver: draw Shield.

    If I'm not in engaged range with Party #2, will suffer 2 strain to use another maneuver and Engage. If I'm still too far away, will just use Change Range Increment maneuver and hopefully get close enough to melee next turn.

    Action: attack the guy who just shocked Chips. Using Enhance to improve my Brawl roll.

    Punching a Slaver: 3eA+1eP+1eF+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Dark Side


    Will not be using that Dark Side point, no matter how tempting it is

    Using Vibroknucklers, which are Damage +1 (Brawn +1 damage each time plus successes on attack roll), Crit 2 (2 advantage needed to spend to crit). Pierce 1 (ignores 1 soak), Vicious 1 (+10 when critting). So damage is 5 7 total, ignoring 1 soak for 5 damage after soak, and I will spend my 2 advantage to Crit him.

    EDIT: forgot to add my successes to damage too.

    Crit Roll: (1d100+10)[36] so that is Stunned: the target is staggered until the end of his next turn. Staggered means he loses his action, though he can do maneuvers. Somewhat appropriate for a gut blow


    Zo stats. WT: 0/17 ST: 2/13
    Soak: 5
    Defense (melee/ranged): 3/3

    Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-07-21 at 08:35 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    A pair of heavy boots came down from a bar stool. While it was true Mandalorians were not usually seen far from their armor, this was taken to the logical extreme, clad from head to toe in gleaming white and red, the traditional kama showing that this was no mere pretender like the lot out front. The antenna on her helmet did a very quick sweep before her movement became far more sudden. She spun off her seat, blaster raised. Time slowed as the crack of a blaster rifle sang the ancient Mandalorian song of peace.

    [FREE MANEUVER] Draw HBt-4 Hunting Blaster

    [2 STRAIN - 2ND MANEUVER] Aim at Slaver

    [ACTION] Ruin that Slaver's Day ((my post count is insufficient to post images and links, but Walnut has my initial initiative count, he can verify my roll plus the crit. Adjusted the pool to shoot him but forgot to change the name from "Wrap that barstool around his head" or something)

    2eP+1eB+2eD: 1 success, 2 advantage [2eP=S/S, A/A] [1eB=A] [2eD=Th, F]

    Base damage is 10, plus 1 from success, -3 from his soak that's 8. He exceeds his wounds That's one crit gonna use those two advantages to regain that Strain I suffered for the second maneuver. Pretty sure he's dead, though the crit result is 40 (Stinger)))

    Her voice came from the enunciator which was that of a hardened, if young Mandalorian. "He can't hurt you anymore, Chip." She quips, hitting the slider to cycle another charge. Her visor fixed on the Imps. Her enunciator amplifying her stagewhisper. "I think you left your guns in your other purse." She taunted.
    Last edited by ShadilaySev; 2017-07-21 at 11:57 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Slaver or imp... He couldn't decide, till one of the slavers dropped.

    He smiled.

    ...Oh, 'etz evenz doz oth-er oddyz t-t-tooz... Pow pow

    He fires the blaster at the back of the lead imperial officer. Years of drinking, to bury the pain under torrent of booze was broken... It shot to the surface, his whole body quivering in excitement. The pain gave way to a sweet feeling of vengeance.

    His shot away, his realized the implications of his action, and ducks behind the table. Hoping to go unnoticed amongst the poor lightening and the chaos that threatens to ensue.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-07-21 at 08:41 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As the blaster goes off Eldriths heart skips a beat good old life affirming fear kicked in letting out a resounding and heroic "Ahhhghfrazll!!".

    Out of sheer shock he turns over the table and half flips half stumbles behind it.

    The bar is roaring as he hears what sounds like a second blast going off but farther away and notices smoke coming from a blaster in Yidz's hand, where did he even get that and Zo shield out and ready to wreck someones day.

    Seeing his friends in action Eldrith becomes enboldened yelling at the remaining slaver

    You don't have to die here friend you can run away and never turn back and no one would blame you. Up against Zo the basher and Yidz the gunner ahhh man indeed no one would blame you at all. Is any of this really worth dying over?

    Once he finished yelling a resounding *shink* sound echos as both of he deploys both of his vamblades extending out from their gauntlets and a bead of sweat rolls down Eldriths brow from his blond hair.
    .
    Spoiler: question
    Show

    I'd love to just persude this guy to leave not really intimitate him. Can I use the charm or deceive skill for this roll or do I have to us coercion?

    my action is basically trying to roleplay this guy out of the fight.

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Star Wars has beautiful bar ambiance music, but despite its diverse soundtrack I'm having a hard time finding good bar-fight music.


    As Eldrith takes cover and taunts the remaining slaver, Trill steps up from behind the table and aims her blaster at him, giving him a wink. The man screams in terror as the imposing Chips turns on him, and then bolts for the door. However, in his terror and somewhat befuddled state, he trips over his own feet, sprawling him out onto the floor. Chips turns toward the man and snarls, then looks at Zo, with a look of equal part bewilderment and thanks.

    The drunken man at the table near Eldrith gets up, and begins shambling over towards Eldrith and Trill, with a bit of an angry look at Eldrith. "Yu... yu girl purty. I wanna," he says. Trill reaims her blaster, and fires a stun blast at the man's chest, causing him to stagger for a few feet before collapsing in a heap, audibly snoring.

    Trill then ducks behind the cover of the table. "We should get out of here. I'm sure - " she is interrupted by events happening at the bar.

    The Quarren, looking for the blaster bolt that Yijz shot at the Imperial officer, starts stamping angrily in his direction. "Hey, you, he was mine... wherever you are..." he says, obviously not noticing where Yijz disappeared to. Meanwhile, behind him, the Aqualish in the Quarren's party dives at the wounded Imperial officer and with a bloodcurdling roar goes for the man's throat with his tusks. Aqualish tusks aren't exactly well-suited for combat, but the savage ferocity of the drunkard thug is sufficient to silence the officer's frenzied screams.

    The remaining thugs, the Rodian and Twilek, lunge on the remaining Imperial with vibroblades. Neither of them manage to land a blow on him in their alcohol-befuddled states, but they do bowl him over and knock his communicator skittering across the floor, right next to Yijz...

    At this moment, the false-Mandalorian bouncers bust in the door, force-pikes in hand, and run, shouting, at the bloody-tusked Aqualish.

    Spoiler: Game mechanics
    Show

    ~~~Round 2~~~

    Party #1: Trill
    Trill (soak 3, wound threshold 12, strain threshold 13) Under cover

    Party #2: former slavers
    Human thug (soak 3, wound threshold 5, minion) Prone
    Human slaver (soak 3, wound threshold 10, strain threshold 10) Dead

    Party #3: people sitting at the table next to Eldrith and Trill
    Twilek woman (soak 2, wound threshold 4, minion)
    Human male lusting for Trill (soak 3, wound threshold 5, minion) Stunned
    Human male captain (soak 3, wound threshold 10, strain threshold 10)
    Space human woman (soak 3, wound threshold 5, minion)
    Rodian (soak 2, wound threshold 4, minion)

    Party #4: Drunk Quarren and friends
    Inebriated Quarren male (soak 3, wound threshold 10, strain threshold 10) presently looking for Yijz and not seeing him
    Inebriated Rodian female (soak 2, wound threshold 5, minion) engaged with off-duty imperial soldier
    Inebriated Twilek male (soak 2, wound threshold 4, minion) engaged with off-duty imperial soldier
    Inebriated Aqualish male (soak 3, wound threshold 6, minion) teeth embedded in imperial officer's neck

    Party #5: Off-duty Imperials
    Imperial officer (soak 3, wound threshold 11, strain threshold 11) deceased
    Imperial soldier (soak 3, wound threshold 6, minion)

    Party #6: Bouncers
    Fake Mandalorian bouncer 1 (soak 5, wound threshold 6, minion)
    Fake Mandalorian bouncer 2 (soak 5, wound threshold 6, minion)

    Party #7: Chips the former Wookie slave
    Chips (soak 5, wound threshold 13, strain threshold 10)

    Other bar goers - not currently involved in conflict, but do you really want to attack them?
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-07-22 at 12:27 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Sharilyn adjusted her mic as she lowered her gun, though her antenna betrayed that she was scanning the surviving Imp as her visored visage looked to the "Mandalorians." There was a sharp whistle to get their attention. "Slaver sicced his wookie on my client. So I dealt with him. Plasteel Pig trying to stiff the proprietor and steal free drinks and get goonish about it when he gets called on it. So by that point I'd already cycled a new charge, and I thought for a minute 'You know, I might as well empty the cell.'" The antenna did another sweep as she corrected her aim for a center of mass shot on the survivor. She didn't trust him to not spring for his fallen boss' commlink. "We have a problem, Vode? Because I think it would be to our mutual benefit if you just let it ride, and we settle this up my mess all sportsman-like." Crisp, pure Concordian accent.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    2 Strain for extra maneuver, double aim on the Imp.

    Blam: 2eP+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph


    10 Base + 2 from successes - 3 from Soak, 9 total, pretty sure "Blam" is apt.
    I want to use my Triumph to do something vital. Is it possible that killing the Imp maybe calmed down the aliens enough that she can talk things down with the Mandos? I figure we now have officially killed the biggest belligerents. At least, the ones that aren't me.


    She offhandedly raises the rifle enough, as though shrugging before firing right at the surrounded Imp. "And look. I even dealt with your vermin problem. You want to talk or something now, maybe?"
    Last edited by ShadilaySev; 2017-07-23 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Clarity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •