New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Eldrith twerls the collar around his hand "checked and double checked shouldn't cause us problems"

Looking over the map Eldrith wracks his brain trying to absorb all the information. Eldrith wouldnt exactly call Tenga a friend but she had offered him a place to run his clinic when he really need it. She had given him a opportunity when he needed it most and for that he'd always owe her. He wasnt about to let the imps have her for free

If the imps had nationalized the CEC then that had bigger implications at large none of which he had time for.

"Trill, when i was looking over the security footage back at the bar i saw you also had some maps what, what are those about?"

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Truth check: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage

Just in case to.see if everything seems on the up and up anout their description

Applicable knowledge roll: 3eA 4 successes, 2 advantage

Also i want to make a investigation / knowledge roll to know anything pertinant to the discussion. All my knowledge skills are ranked the same so
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    There was a tracking device in that slave collar, although I would think you could have disabled it (with a hammer if nothing else!).

Chips grunts a little bit, then leans back, maybe thinking to his happier days back home. He continues grumbling in Sheriwook, before leaning quietly and watching the map.

At the mention of her map Trill immediately glances at Eldrith in alarm, and then calms herself. "Oh, yeah, you're not the people I need to keep quiet about that," she says. She reaches into her right breast pocket on her shirt and pulls out a sheet of paper, and unfolds it on top of one of the crates with the lid still on it. On it is a single large, slightly irregular circle, with three circles around it in an almost triangular configuration, and a large, shaded area around them, as well as a small square some ways away from the four circles. There are a few other smaller circles and somewhat irregular blobs around on the page as well, although they are less prominent. "So, the story goes that there is this farmer on Sidarin who can get anything to grow, which seems kinda strange from what I've heard about this planet," she continues, and then glances at the fruit. "I'm trying to fight a famine on Ryloth and a few other worlds, and those fruit you may notice come from Kashyyk." Unconsciously, she glances at Chips, who perks up looking at the fruit. "From what I've heard, the Empire is turning Kashyyk into a giant farming plantation, and the trees that those fruit come from may go extinct soon. I'm hoping that if I can find that farmer's farm and learn his secret, I may be able to help the people on Ryloth and maybe save this species of tree." After a pause, she then adds "Oh yeah, this is supposed to be a map of the farm. Please be careful whom you tell about it, though. I think the Imperial government would just as soon the famine on Ryloth continue, and I'd rather they not know what I'm trying to do."

Spoiler: For Eldrith
    Show
    Eldrith sees no reason to doubt anything Trill has said. He also has heard the story about the farmer somewhere on Sidarin, although he doesn't know the exact location or if the story is even true. He's pretty sure it's not close to Linko Sorisa, far enough away that he couldn't ever get there on his own... or couldn't have until today, that is, glancing at the ship...
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-11 at 07:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo comes out of his reverie where he had been sitting peacefully on the floor, and stands to refocus on the conversation as Trill speaks of her farmer.

"hrrrm, not something I can remember hearing of, though over indulgence in my youth makes my memory a little spotty at times."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Foresight: 1eF 2 Light Side

4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sharilyn pulls off padding from her shoulders, chest and arms to simply lounge in her techsuit, kama and greaves. "Don't burn out our guest. We need her fresh for the next steps, and I doubt the day has otherwise been kind to her." She warns, standing up enough to stretch. There's a series of pops before she tucks her hair into a hood meant to trap her body heat in order to sleep comfortably in cold weather and steps out from the shadows enough to immediately cause her to recoil away from the light, and continue this overly long gag. "I would seriously give up a month's pay to figure out how to polarize my eyes." She grumbles.

5. - Top - End - #245

Zo senses that there will be adventure and danger tomorrow if he does seek to rescue Tenga, but some aspect of his life can be restored if he does. The moment Zo looks at the map, however, his sense changes. Zo senses danger. He senses hope. Most of all, he senses the pull of destiny. There is a great deal more significance to this map than perhaps anybody else in this warehouse realizes.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, I've heard about something like that here on Sidarin but the way I heard it the farm is nowhere near Linko Sorisa and it would be really hard to get there, right now that is.

I think your heart is in the right place Trill and after Tenga is back safe and sound we can talk about saving trees and other planets but right now we have someone that we care about in Imperial hands. I can tell you from experience that the empire doesn't place a high premium on caring for those that they capture. That being said Tenga is well connected and respected around here she along with Tig here are probably your best bets for getting support and intel for what you're trying to do. So helping get Tenga out helps us, helps you, and is all around helpful in general.

Looking over to Sharilyn Eldrith gives her the Mandalorian thumbs up and nods his head "Yeah, you've got a good point. I feel like a bit of rest will do us all alot of good. Perhaps when we're rested we will be able to think up a more detailed ambush plan for getting Tenga out."

Once Eldrith finally heads over to cot or bed he will flop down on to it fully clothed face down exhausted from his very stressful day.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Pretty sure that Trill was going to help us anyway but this just drives it home a bit more.

Also Eldrith had a pretty stressful day too lol

Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-14 at 01:13 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #247

"Oh of course I'll help. Maybe Chips and I can create a distraction for you," Trill responds to Eldrith, closing her eyes. Shifting her weight, she lies down on her cot and closes her eyes.

8. - Top - End - #248

OrcBarbarianGuy

"If I know Tenga, she has dirt on all those who frequented the Blue Milk Jugs, including us. We need to hope they haven't started interrogating her yet or our lives may get very complicated."

Zo bends down, peering at the map.

"I...hmm. I've never been there but I know that place somehow. It's....it's important. I don't know why but it is."

9. - Top - End - #249

Trill is intrigued by Zo's answer, but decides that she doesn't have the energy to ask him about it, not now, at least.

The night passes uneventfully, and soon more-or-less everyone is ready for the next day, or as ready as they could be, anyway. Trill and Chips are sleepier than the others, having been traveling on starships with different clocks than the 22-hour rotational period of Sidarin. It is about 1000 standard time when they wake up, a little before noon Linko Sorisa time.

Skeeso sleeps the longest, in fits, but after a while Trill wheels him up into the ship where he makes some comments, before Trill then wheels him down to a safer place. Tigozan flips on the holoprojector.

"This is Butzer news for all of you here on Sidarin. Today's story is an Imperial law enforcement action in Linko Sorisa. Until yesterday, Imperial authorities have had little presence on Sidarin, leaving the planet alone in favor of decisions that affect the galaxy at large rather than our less-than-significant backwater planet. Reasons for the change in policy, as well as whether or not it will remain in effect, are uncertain, as Imperial law enforcement is still looking for potential suspects in yesterday's incident. Civilian reports indicate that the Linko Sorisa spaceport was shut down after an armed conflict there, where Imperial troops attempted to crack down on spacer criminals, but we have been instructed to withhold details as the investigation is ongoing. Among the suspects at large are a male Human and a Wookie, who evaded Imperial pursuit last night on a speeder bike. Law enforcement officials have informed us that they do not know if these two fugitives are connected with the reason they are here on Sidarin, but want the two for questioning and resisting arrest if nothing else. If you have information on the whereabouts of these two suspects, please contact Imperial law enforcement at frequency 240.12 GHz. Meanwhile, the citizenry of Sidarin is on edge over concern about what kind of criminal activity could have brought Imperial attention to Sidarin."

The news then goes into less relevant discussion elsewhere on Sidarin, and Tigozan flips off the channel, letting out a sigh.

"Looks like Butzer Corporation is doing its best to provide meaningful news without offending the Imps," Hazabar comments. "No more Imp patrols last night, though, although there was a TIE fighter that flew out of the city about an hour before sunrise. I wonder what they are doing," he adds. He then glances at Zo and Eldrith.

Trill stretches her legs. "Skeeso says the guns on the ship are working, but the aft guns will need somebody to man them and he can't automate them from the cockpit. Do we know why the Imperials would want this 'Tenga', by the way? Before we head out, well..." she pauses. "The Imperial presence here is led by a branch of the government whose very existence is secret. Just knowing about it could put your lives in jeopardy, but if you're planning to make a heist, the more you know is probably the better. I don't want to say it though unless you're willing to take on the risk that it entails," she warns.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith leans back calming himself that he's now officially wanted by the Empire unless somehow Chips previous owner was also chased by the empire. If he was going to wanted he might as well know who it was that was hunting him.

Well, it sounds like I'm already wanted so yeah I'm in. I think more information about who's after me can only help me. Ignorance won't save us when they find us anyway.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-24 at 04:45 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #251

BlackDragon

Over the course of the morning there were fleeting glimpses of Sharilyn, amusingly in her padding walking from the showers with a saturated towel draped over her arm, later still, leaving the break room with breakfast, having left baked tubers and peppers (think home-fries with space vegetables) in a pot for the others. She seemed to practically live in her plates with her sniper rifle grafted to her hand. While the others planned, she armed, checking pockets all over her armor for ammunition, doing charge counts and, despite being more of a warrior than a soldier, practicing loading power cells two at a time while they strategized, though she was cognizant of what was going on.

The trained eye would see that over the course of the evening she had rigged together a docking point for the blaster pistol she took, similar to the rigging on her backplate for her rifle. Though the rifle was definitely a centerpiece in the collection, probably the second oldest thing in the room at half a century with its age definitely showing, with a cracked scope and a grooved power cell receiver that appeared to have simply worn down in such a state from constant reloading, the barrel quite clearly not part of the original due to it being decidedly newer leaving it almost her height when fully unfolded and unpacked, and a brake the size of her armored fist.

"So what exactly do we need to know about this little shadow cabinet?" She finally asks, folding her weapon down and docking it on her back.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz wakes up groggy.. sobered from last night's excitement.

He shoves his hand ham fisted into his eye and rubs. Morn'nz gentz 'nd ladeez... Frell is my boozey, bezt to tozt-t-t-t za morn'nz!

He slips on his big over cloak on and his coat. And sits down to put on his combat ready gand sandals.

He pulls a throwing knife out and cleans the closest thing a gand has to teeth.

He slaps his list of items he wants and a crudly drawn map of the area on the grub room table.

13. - Top - End - #253

Show
    Don't know where Rattigan is...

Trill looks toward Zo as if expectantly, but then says "...you need to know this..." she remarks under her breath.

"The Imperial presence here is led by a member of the Inquisition. The Inquisitors are agents who answer to Darth Vader. I think their original purpose was to hunt down Jedi who survived the big purge, but as the Jedi have become pretty rare, now, they've turned their attention to other pursuits. They do have some of the same powers the Jedi did, though - you can watch holovids of Vader choking officers who fail him occasionally on the holonet, if you want proof that they are real," she says, glancing at Eldrith. "The pirates whom the Imps were fighting with yesterday when we snuck back into the starport had just come from the Stygian Caldera nebula. Legend has it that is where the ancient Sith Empire was, so I initially thought that the Inquisitor might have been here trying to collect any artifacts those pirates might have come up with. Seeing as their search of Linko Sorisa didn't end there, though, I now doubt that is the only reason why they are here. I still don't know the real reason, though."
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-25 at 10:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo had spent the night lying on the ground with his back up against one of the walls. His freshly rewrapped shield lay on top of him as makeshift covers, and a worn but well maintained fusion lantern on low illumination clutched to his torso provided enough heat for him to be comfortable.

He woke early, and spent some time going through gentle and graceful forms that flow from one into the other, that a observer with combat training might recognise as greatly slowed parries and blows. He also spent some time throwing his metal cup into the air, then closing his eyes and catching it before it falls to the ground.

Once his workout was complete, he retrieved a bowl of tubers and peppers with a grateful nod to Sharilyn, and ate in silence while the holonews plays and his friends chat.

However, when Trill drops her bombshell, he splutters and half-chokes on his mouthful, and his revealed crest flushes with a kaleidoscope of colours. Once he manages to swallow his mouthful he speaks.

"When you say other pursuits, do you mean they pursue other people with....abilities, not just Jedi? Or do they go after these Sith artifacts as you seem to think?"
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-08-25 at 11:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldriths eyes dart from trill to Zo as he chokes on his food. He had never seen Zo crest flash that many colors before even during a fight so Eldrith knew this was something serious. His eyes dart back and forth between the two waiting for trill to answer.

Comfirmation of the existence of the inquisition was startling to say the least. "Before I was booted from the imperial medical academy there were whispers that something like this must exsist. It wasn't based on any observed proof but just as a thought exercise. We always brushed it aside as fancy and nonsense but if what you're saying is true they have to be here for a reason especially if they are here in force."

Eldriths eyes dart back to Zo

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #256

Trill pauses as she considers. "They seem to go after a lot of things," she says, "but mainly other religions, from what I can tell. There is someone on Mandalore who is overseeing the reeducation from the Mandalorian religion whom I think is an Inquisitor." She glances at Sharilyn as she says this. There is a bit of sadness, or perhaps empathy, in her eyes. "As for Sith artifacts, my guess is that they don't want anybody learning too much about the Sith. The 'Darth' in front of Vader's name is a Sith title, so I'd guess the Inquisitors to be a Sith sect. As for people with 'abilities' as you put it, I don't know, but the Inquisition needs to get its members from somewhere," she finishes with a slight shiver, looking at Zo.

Hazabar and Tigozan watch quietly. They seem intrigued, and a bit worried, about what Trill is saying, as well.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-25 at 11:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith scratches his head. So they come here launch a occupation force and nab...Tenga of all people? She's not religious well not that I've seen. I just dont get how she fits into this puzzle. Do you two know anything? motioning over to the other two from the jug

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #258

BlackDragon

"Don't give me that look. Rite of conquest. They want liberation and they have to do something about it themselves." She taps her kama. "This isn't a mark of honor. It's a Vizla mark. It's a traitor's mark. And I'll have to be the one to do something about it. But for now, all I can do is break Imp installations, break their toys and break their troops." She shakes her head.

"We can do some serious damage if we can find a way to assassinate that Inquisitor." She adds, tapping the cracked scope of her rifle.
    Last edited by ShadilaySev; 2017-08-26 at 11:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Tenga... Tenga knows much of everyone. While she accepts credits, her primary currency is information, and she isn't shy about using any means to get it. Her girls engaged for...private dances report all they find out from patrons back to her. She regularly reviews camera footage and will ply rich customers with booze and drugs if she thinks they have information of value."

Zo looks down and his hands fidget.

"She's probably not been taken because of her "religion" but instead for all that she might know, about those in this city....

Zo speaks even more quietly, so that the others can barely feel the vibration of his voice in their bones.

"...secrets that should be hidden if I want to stay here..."

20. - Top - End - #260

Tigozan takes on a worried expression as she listens to Zo's explanation. "Well, the good news there is that she isn't the only one who was taken. They nabbed a number of prominent people around the city. So there is a good chance she hasn't been interrogated yet."

Trill glances at the map on the table, also obviously concerned by Zo's answer, but whatever she is thinking she leaves unsaid. Then she looks back at the others. "So what's the plan? And how can I best help? If you plan to ambush the convoy out of town, I could fly the ship. Alternatively I could try to sneak into the starport and try to sabotage any TIE fighter pursuit you may attract."
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-27 at 11:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

zpazey wizardz.... Theyz do-z exzizt-t-t-t! he excitedly whispers to himself. His father was a findsmen and spoke of them as myth to entertain a little gandling, or at least so he thought.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-08-28 at 10:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith nods

Yeah agreed Tenga doesn't strike me as the religious type.

It seemed to go without saying but information brokers acquire information for the purpose of using it so if there was any information worth saving herself over now would be when she would use it.

"Zo you've been very twitchy this whole conversation. I've never seen your crest as colorful as it has been in the last 5 minutes. Is there something that Tenga has on you that you don't want to be exposed? Is she blackmailing your with something? I care about her to but you seem outwardly scared for her to be interogated. We can help her but I think it would help us if we knew why it's so important.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-29 at 05:34 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #263

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo looks down and sighs.

"Yeah, she's got something on me all right. You never wonder why I worked my shifts in the mine then also worked as her bouncer in the evenings, or went off on odd jobs at all hours of the night without protest?"

Zo begins to slowly twirl his vibroknucklers round his index finger, seemingly without thinking about it.

"The dirt she has on me... If the Empire found out about it it would probably mean my death. I hear what you're saying Eldrith, but...*hrrrm* some of you I only met for the first time today, and while you all seem to have no love for the Empire, I can't help but wonder if you'd make an exception for the reward of credits or the promise of being left alone in exchange. Sorry if I cause offence, but caution is how I've stayed alive, especially after the accident that claimed my parents."

Zo leans forward and steeples his fingers.

"Tell you what. After we ambush the convoy to spring Tenga and the others, whether we are successful or not, I will tell you what she has on me. Fair enough?"

Zo gives a halfhearted chuckle and gentle friendly punch to Eldrith's shoulder, though his crest still pulses with the faint amber glow of stress.

"If anything it gives you an incentive to keep me alive! Mind you, if we play it safe and jam the convoy comms after they're a little way out of the city, and create a big enough distraction on the other side of town, we just might pull this off. And I for one would be happier if TIEs weren't coming after us!"

24. - Top - End - #264

Trill listens quietly while Zo rebuffs Eldrith. A Force-sensitive observer might guess that she has most of Zo's secrets already figured out. "So who shall make this distraction? Chips and me?" she suggests.

"Do you have a comm jammer? If not we can lend you one, but you'll have to be on their vehicles if it's going to be effective," Hazabar says. "I also suggest someone get a visual on the convoy vehicles so that you know what you're looking for..."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post

"Tell you what. After we ambush the convoy to spring Tenga and the others, whether we are successful or not, I will tell you what she has on me. Fair enough?"

Zo gives a halfhearted chuckle and gentle friendly punch to Eldrith's shoulder, though his crest still pulses with the faint amber glow of stress.

"If anything it gives you an incentive to keep me alive! Mind you, if we play it safe and jam the convoy comms after they're a little way out of the city, and create a big enough distraction on the other side of town, we just might pull this off. And I for one would be happier if TIEs weren't coming after us!"
    Eldrith chuckles as Zo punches his arm. He was sure that Zo thought it was gentle but the sheer mass of the fist still made it hurt.

Agreed I think taking out the TIES would be great. Chips is that something you could help with or are you more a direct approach kinda fella?

Now as for distractions...

Eldrith glances over to the mandalorian.

I feel like our one woman armory over here would be more than capable of being quite distracting if she put her mind to it

After that is settled Eldrith looks over at Haz and says "yeah we'll need eyes on it for sure. Do we have a way to confirm that shes on a specific convoy? If Tenga really did have dirt on everybody she'd have a friend maybe that can help us in exchange for us making sure Tenga doesn't spill
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-30 at 11:52 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #266

BlackDragon

"I could kick the hornet's nest while you guys move in with a jammer to conduct your raid. Force the Imps into a wild goose chase while I go on a rampage against their regulars and see how much damage I can do while you guys do what you gotta with the shipment." She folds her arms, rolling her neck. "Risky business, though. Hazabar, got anything handy I can keep myself topped off with, or should I just beeline for an Imperial medbay and swipe every Stimpack I can find?" There was a bitter laugh.

27. - Top - End - #267

Show
    I am amazed at how cheap/powerful stimpacks are!

Tigozan answers Eldrith and Sharilyn "There is going to be only one convoy with prisoners, based on what details I was able to dig up. So unless there is a decoy convoy, then there should be the only one. We can easily supply you with stimpacks, Red. You need five? I'm told it's a bad idea to use any more than five."

Chips grunts in Sheriwook. "Chips says he's not sure he could sneak in to where the TIEs are."

"I could help with the TIEs, if you don't need me flying the ship," Trill suggests.

"One more thing: if you're compromised, you can't come back to the warehouse, because the Imps will surely find it sooner or later."

"You can scramble the signatures if you jump," Skeeso suddenly says, still lying down but feeling much better from yesterday. "I can show you how."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Iz goez wherezever iz needz beez. Az longaz-i getz t-t-to kilzz impz. The silly lackadaisical attitude is gone. He gives those in the room a cold hard stare. Thoz baztardz wantzit-t-t allz... Enoughz we've had enoughzofit-t-t!! He seeths in an anger that has been long simmering and finally boiled over.

29. - Top - End - #269

BlackDragon

Sharilyn chortles a bit. "I could repaint my armor, take off my helmet and nobody would be the wiser, show up in two weeks and charge a less obnoxious rate and you would have trouble figuring out who I was." She rests her thumb and forefinger against her helmet's chinguard as though in thought. "Actually, do we have spare pads and a helmet lying around? Anything will do, it's all arrangement and footwork anyway."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith considers the situation regarding verifying the convoy.

He looks to Tig and Hazabar and assures them that if the team is compromised they won't return to the warehouse and that they'll do everything they can from having any trouble come back on Tig and Haz.

Eldrith will also agree with Skeeso that scrambling the signal sounds like a good idea and asks Skeeso to give him a proper run down of the ship.

Ok, yeah they could pull a decoy convoy but I'd bet they'll go for a more direct approach. Backwater planet and a sudden imperial incursion I bet they don't think anyone will be willing to try anything. It seems overly cautious. Trill taking out those ties will be a great help. If we can hamper their ability to chase us it'll help us to go the distance. Are you confident you can do it alright by yourself? I've seen you in action and I'd believe it with how you snuck on to the spaceport.

Eldrith turns to the group

Ok, review time. Sharilyn causes a big ruckus drawing the imps out which clears the way for us to hit the real target whichis the convoy. Zo, once we're on them your gonna be our big hitter which I know your excited about. Like Hazabar said we'll need someone to get a visual on the convoy since it most likely will be local vechiles and won't look overtly Imperial. Tig, Hazabar do you have a way of knowing where the convoy will leave from? If we could some how get a tracer on it we could track the convoy as it moves but I'm not sure we are that lucky.

I'll be flying the ship trying to make sure that we stay on track.

As for Yijz, I love that angry and I love even more that I get to point it somewhere. You're going to be with Zo on the convoy. Any imps pop thier heads up you make them regret it. Sound good?

With that Eldrith looks over to Chip the hulking Wookie.

Chip. It's up to you I'd love you on the convoy as extra muscle since that's the real objective of this whole thing but you could also help Sharilyn if you want to.

Show

ps I'm terrified of what those black dots are going to do to this plan.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC