New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I often don't read entire threads
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    But also stuff like "The Market should decide" is just so alien to how I think I just can't follow any of the rest of some arguments, which shows me how ridgid I and closed minded my am.

I feel like Captain Picard at the beginning of the Darmok episode.
    The great God Market knows best, just don't make him angry or you'll lose your job.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    The great God Market knows best, just don't make him angry or you'll lose your job.
    Thank you for enlightening us in extrapalanar economics.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

4. - Top - End - #1384

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I often don't read entire threads
    I’m not reading entire threads right now.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm apparently about to publish an article on the website of a 62-year-old periodical with a print circulation of ~150,000.

I have never published anything before in my life.

It's basically just 2 pages of me being a condescending **** about what games I think you should play.
    "...one may smile, and smile, and be a villain..."

JB: I don't get this at all. I thought Lo Pan...
    LP: Shut up, Mr. Burton! You are not put upon this world to "get it"!

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

In other news, an update to:

[....]On Tuesday and Wednesday I had previously signed out for vacation days, so I could visit my father, who is dying of a brain tumor at a hospital Psych ward, where he had been placed against his will because the staff at the hospice he was at say he was violent.

I had seen just how removed from reality my father has become, and when I last saw him he told me that "I don't ever wan to see you again", so I stayed away for a month, but the Physicians caring for him say he is very likely to die soon, so I had resolved to visit him anyway, but both days, I couldn't bring myself to leave my car, which I stayed in for almost ten hours on Tuesday, and over eleven hours yesterday, because I just couldn't have the courage to face again the descent of my father into madness and death.

I"m back at work, and unlike Monday, when I closed seven Service Orders, today I've only repaired one sink for the DA's, and the usual drains up in the Jail, which needs still more repairs, but instead of going back up to the Jail, I'm hiding and writing this post.

I signed out for a vacation day last Thursday with an intention of visiting my father before he dies, despite him saying "I never want to see you again", but my cowardice and some extreme back pain that's been getting worse this past month kept me away.

I went to work on Friday, causing more debilatating pain as did lifting my 21 month son today.

I had also signed out for vacation days next Monday and Wednesday, with plans to see my father, but I just spoke to me brother who told me the news that "He's past".

My brother lives in Maryland not California, but unlike me he's allowed to take personal calls (I mostly work in the Jail where cellphones are forbidden), so he gets the news, but he can't physically be here so I will have to decide what to do with my fathers body and his things.

The body is "still on the floor" of the hospital "if you want to say goodbye", but I can't think of a reason to visit a lifeless body (I've seen enough of them unclogging drains at the autopsy room at work).

There is no "At least he had a good life" condolences to be had, as he really didn't, and since he didn't believe that he's "Going to a better place", there isn't that either.

I feel damned, but my tears were already shed months ago, but I suspect I'll shed some more when I clear out his apartment.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

I signed out for a vacation day last Thursday with an intention of visiting my father before he dies, despite him saying "I never want to see you again", but my cowardice and some extreme back pain that's been getting worse this past month kept me away.

I went to work on Friday, causing more debilatating pain as did lifting my 21 month son today.

I had also signed out for vacation days next Monday and Wednesday, with plans to see my father, but I just spoke to me brother who told me the news that "He's past".

My brother lives in Maryland not California, but unlike me he's allowed to take personal calls (I mostly work in the Jail where cellphones are forbidden), so he gets the news, but he can't physically be here so I will have to decide what to do with my fathers body and his things.

The body is "still on the floor" of the hospital "if you want to say goodbye", but I can't think of a reason to visit a lifeless body (I've seen enough of them unclogging drains at the autopsy room at work).

There is no "At least he had a good life" condolences to be had, as he really didn't, and since he didn't believe that he's "Going to a better place", there isn't that either.

I feel damned, but my tears were already shed months ago, but I suspect I'll shed some more when I clear out his apartment.
    I'm sorry about that, 2D8HP. Hang in there.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I'm sorry about that, 2D8HP. Hang in there.

Your very kind @8BitNinja.

Thanks very much.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Barbarian in the Playground

That’s awful. I’m so sorry for your loss.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    That’s awful. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your kind words @kinglinus1

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

erm...
    Spoiler: hugs?
    Show

Sorry, that's all I got.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2018-03-14 at 05:22 AM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    erm...
    Spoiler: hugs?
    Show

Sorry, that's all I got.

Thanks for the pic.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for the pic.
    I suppose "I go for cute pics when I have no idea what to say" counts for this thread?

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    I suppose "I go for cute pics when I have no idea what to say" counts for this thread?

I"d say so, but @Bartmanhomer (who now mostly posts at "Random Banter" and PbP's) was the creator of the first "Confessions" thread, so I defer to him.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

It annoys me to see all these D&D threads in anywhere but the D&D section. It's like seeing all of your stuff street about your house.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

I just watched Event horizon with some friends, I'm not a fan of gore so I'm feelign quite disgusted.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-03-15 at 07:39 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    I just watched Event horizon with some friends, I'm not a fan of gore so I'm feelign quite disgusted.
    According to the reviews I found online, you are far from alone.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2018-03-23 at 12:11 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

I seem to have gotten myself banned from a Facebook page for the first time.

Oh well, I had already deleted my account with OKCupid anyway, so it's not like being unable to comment on their Facebook posts is any great hardship in my life.
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I seem to have gotten myself banned from a Facebook page for the first time.

Oh well, I had already deleted my account with OKCupid anyway, so it's not like being unable to comment on their Facebook posts is any great hardship in my life.
    I demand context!
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    I demand context!
    Ask Demand and ye shall receive.

OKCupid (a free online dating website, for anyone who is unfamiliar) recently made some changes to their website that were poorly received by a lot of users (if the comments on OKCupid's blog are any indication, anyway).

Spoiler: summary of the changes
    Show
    They got rid of usernames, and required a first and last name (though there's nothing stopping you from putting an obviously fake name, I suppose). I'm a firm believer in privacy, so trying to require real names is not okay with me.

The bigger change though is that they eliminated open messaging. The way it used to be was open messaging - you could send a message to anyone, unless they blocked you of course, and it would notify you when you get messages, just like Facebook does. In a (misguided IMO) attempt to curb harassment on the site, they changed it so that now, you don't even see that someone sent you a message unless you have already liked their profile. Gone are the days when you could send a thoughtful message that shows you read their profile, and ask a question or two about their interests to try and get a conversation going. Well, not entirely gone, but unless they've already looked at your profile and liked it, they will never know you tried to contact them.

It's worth pointing out at this point that OKCupid does not tell you who has liked your profile unless you pay for the premium membership.

I strongly dislike these changes, so I liked their Facebook page so I could see other users' opinions about them and leave some comments voicing unhappiness and asking them to reconsider. Pretty much all comments I noticed on their page were pretty similar to mine - unhappy, but not trolling or being rude or anything like that. The only response from the OKCupid FB page was the occasional link to the blog post I linked above... which is also full of people voicing disapproval for said changes.

What probably got me blocked was commenting on a couple status updates that, if anyone was so unhappy that they were going to drop OKCupid and switch to a different dating service, it was worth pointing out that many of their "competitors" including Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish, and a bunch of others are actually owned by the same company. So if you leave the free service and join one of their paid services instead... you're actually rewarding them for killing off OKC.

Honestly, while I was a little annoyed at first, I mostly think it's funny. I'm not that disappointed because I haven't really been able to find any potential matches who seemed that interesting to me lately anyway. I think it's maybe just not a very popular service where I live now.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Ask Demand and ye shall receive.

OKCupid (a free online dating website, for anyone who is unfamiliar) recently made some changes to their website that were poorly received by a lot of users (if the comments on OKCupid's blog are any indication, anyway).

Spoiler: summary of the changes
    Show
    They got rid of usernames, and required a first and last name (though there's nothing stopping you from putting an obviously fake name, I suppose). I'm a firm believer in privacy, so trying to require real names is not okay with me.

The bigger change though is that they eliminated open messaging. The way it used to be was open messaging - you could send a message to anyone, unless they blocked you of course, and it would notify you when you get messages, just like Facebook does. In a (misguided IMO) attempt to curb harassment on the site, they changed it so that now, you don't even see that someone sent you a message unless you have already liked their profile. Gone are the days when you could send a thoughtful message that shows you read their profile, and ask a question or two about their interests to try and get a conversation going. Well, not entirely gone, but unless they've already looked at your profile and liked it, they will never know you tried to contact them.

It's worth pointing out at this point that OKCupid does not tell you who has liked your profile unless you pay for the premium membership.

I strongly dislike these changes, so I liked their Facebook page so I could see other users' opinions about them and leave some comments voicing unhappiness and asking them to reconsider. Pretty much all comments I noticed on their page were pretty similar to mine - unhappy, but not trolling or being rude or anything like that. The only response from the OKCupid FB page was the occasional link to the blog post I linked above... which is also full of people voicing disapproval for said changes.

What probably got me blocked was commenting on a couple status updates that, if anyone was so unhappy that they were going to drop OKCupid and switch to a different dating service, it was worth pointing out that many of their "competitors" including Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish, and a bunch of others are actually owned by the same company. So if you leave the free service and join one of their paid services instead... you're actually rewarding them for killing off OKC.

Honestly, while I was a little annoyed at first, I mostly think it's funny. I'm not that disappointed because I haven't really been able to find any potential matches who seemed that interesting to me lately anyway. I think it's maybe just not a very popular service where I live now.
    A wise man once said that if you rebuke a foolish man, he will hate you, but if you rebuke a wise man, he will love you.

I guess you can tell what kind of people run OKCupid (unless you took that quote with a grain of salt)

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I love ugly people.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I love ugly people.
    Mai'q thinks all people are beautiful

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

Comming up on 50 pages. I confess that my vote goes out to Confessions 3: Rise of the Machines.
    Or maybe Machinery, if rhyming is preferred.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Comming up on 50 pages. I confess that my vote goes out to Confessions 3: Rise of the Machines.

"Confessions 3: Rise of the Machinery"?

I confess to having no problems with that moniker.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure the next Confessions thread will be more entertaining than the film from which your proposed title is taken. I'm okay with that one, but just for fun I'm gonna throw out a few alternates:

Confessions 3: Indiana Jones and the Last Confession
    Confessions 3: the Search for Spock
    Confessions Episode 3: Revenge of the Confession
    Confessions 3 Beyond Thunderdome

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure the next Confessions thread will be more entertaining than the film from which your proposed title is taken. I'm okay with that one, but just for fun I'm gonna throw out a few alternates:

Confessions 3: Indiana Jones and the Last Confession
    Confessions 3: the Search for Spock
    Confessions Episode 3: Revenge of the Confession
    Confessions 3: Buncha Nerds

You know it's true!

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Those are some hardcore confessions.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Those are some hardcore confessions.
    True, but all the good bits are in the first third or so, and after that it gets pretty dull.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I feel like that this thread is living in a movie.