New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Confessions 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I constantly feel a bit pervy that my wife is 14 years younger than me.

The fact that she pursued me helps. Kinda.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm still in that waifu/hasubando stage and I'm 23. Help.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    I constantly feel a bit pervy that my wife is 14 years younger than me.

The fact that she pursued me helps. Kinda.
    Nah ... my 2nd wife was 10 year youngers than I, and pursued the **** out of her. Didn't feel a bit bad about it either.

Although, I must confess, the marriage only lasted 6 years (her family hated me and I hated them right back), it was a GREAT 6 years (for both of us). We still chat with each other now and then.
    Last edited by lylsyly; 2017-02-08 at 09:05 AM. Reason: fat fingers today
    Currently Playing: Aire Romaris Chaotic Good Male Half Celestial Gray Elf Duskblade 13 / Swiftblade 7 /// Elven Generallist Wizard 20

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I think that I might be hated by some people here
    To be honest I kind of disliked you, I mean does self-righteous ring a bell to self-proclaimed Lawful good paladin?

I also remember you wanting to close down a LGBT thread out of nowhere in one of your first posts since a support tread "Was offensive to you".

But after you got a snazzy new avatar and made like a thousand posts I kind of learned how to tolerate you as a constant presence in this forums.
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2017-02-08 at 09:15 AM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I seriously question the necessity of this thread.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    I seriously question the necessity of this thread.
    I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be necessary. You know, friendly banter and all that.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avianmosquito View Post
    I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be necessary. You know, friendly banter and all that.
    "Necessary" might be the wrong word. But we already have a random banter thread, which is what this thread effectively mostly comprises. I think at some point in the previous thread it was actually a place for genuine confessions which kind of served a purpose, but then it got overwhelmed by fake confessions and "confessions" that not only weren't true but weren't actually confessions at all, and would be more suitable in Random Banter, or elsewhere.

So I think there is a strong argument to be made that in substance, if not in title, this is a duplicate thread, and we have rules against that. And that otherwise it's consistently off-topic, and there are rules against that too. A mod actually remarked upon this towards the end of the last thread, but it didn't really change much about its nature.

I think the real reason this thread persists is, as I alluded to previously, because it's where certain posters come for random banter (rather than the random banter thread) - Bartmanhomer, 8BitNinja, 2d8HP and others I would recognise by avatar but can't remember off the top of my head. What purpose is therefore served by maintaining this as a separate thread rather than folding it into RB - I don't know.

But anyway, a confession: I still check this thread every time the green tick appears on the friendly banter main page, even though I am near-certain that nothing posted in here since the last time will be of any value
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    To be honest I kind of disliked you, I mean does self-righteous ring a bell to self-proclaimed Lawful good paladin?

I also remember you wanting to close down a LGBT thread out of nowhere in one of your first posts since a support tread "Was offensive to you".

But after you got a snazzy new avatar and made like a thousand posts I kind of learned how to tolerate you as a constant presence in this forums.
    I don't remember saying that. But if I did, It would've have to been a while ago. Remember that back when I made that, I was a very different person when it came to the expression of opinion. I do not believe that any thread should be shut down, regardless of anyone's feelings, including mine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, past me was a little... let's just say "spicy"

That's another confession, when I started out here, I was kind of arrogant and didn't exactly know when, where, or how to express something.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    "Necessary" might be the wrong word. But we already have a random banter thread, which is what this thread effectively mostly comprises. I think at some point in the previous thread it was actually a place for genuine confessions which kind of served a purpose, but then it got overwhelmed by fake confessions and "confessions" that not only weren't true but weren't actually confessions at all, and would be more suitable in Random Banter, or elsewhere.

So I think there is a strong argument to be made that in substance, if not in title, this is a duplicate thread, and we have rules against that. And that otherwise it's consistently off-topic, and there are rules against that too. A mod actually remarked upon this towards the end of the last thread, but it didn't really change much about its nature.

I think the real reason this thread persists is, as I alluded to previously, because it's where certain posters come for random banter (rather than the random banter thread) - Bartmanhomer, 8BitNinja, 2d8HP and others I would recognise by avatar but can't remember off the top of my head. What purpose is therefore served by maintaining this as a separate thread rather than folding it into RB - I don't know.

But anyway, a confession: I still check this thread every time the green tick appears on the friendly banter main page, even though I am near-certain that nothing posted in here since the last time will be of any value
    It's was my thread that started it. I was the one who started the confession. But I guess the Confession thread just went over the top.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to drop out of college because I don't have any work ethic and as soon as I can't handle something I get scared and back out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #41

I guess what I'm trying to say is, past me was a little... let's just say "spicy"
    I know that's why i said I USED to dislike you, but I'm over that now since you seem to have learned(dispite still having some mysoginistic ideas.)
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2017-02-08 at 05:12 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ghostshadow View Post
    Although, I must confess, the marriage only lasted 6 years (her family hated me and I hated them right back), it was a GREAT 6 years (for both of us). We still chat with each other now and then.
    Strangely, her family seems to love me.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

I know that's why i said I USED to dislike you, but I'm over that now since you seem to have learned(dispite still having some mysoginistic ideas.)
    Hey, I said in my sig that I was Lawful Good, not Lawful Perfect

But yeah, after that one thread I made, I can see why someone would think that.

I just want to also say that I apologize for that too. While I hold certain opinions about certain activists out there, and some may be controversial, I, in fact, do not hate women.

I hope this isn't sounding like a "politician's promise" and an actual apology.

Boy do I have a lot of skeletons in my closet, and these skeletons are more like revenants.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

When I was a teenager I work at the New York Aquarium, I scare the visitors with Horseshoe Crabs. Mostly the little kids.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    When I was a teenager I work at the New York Aquarium, I scare the visitors with Horseshoe Crabs. Mostly the little kids.
    Why would anyone be scared of a horseshoe crab? They look awesome

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

The reason why some people are afraid of horseshoe crabs because they think that horseshoe crabs are dangerous and poisonous. Which they aren't dangerous and poisonous at all. Horseshoe crabs are completely harmless. Think about it if horseshoe crabs were dangerous and poisonous and the aquarium allowed visitor to touch them well it obviously going to hurt the visitors and have the aquarium shut down for good. Also everybody who works at the aquarium would definately be arrested and go to prison. Let me assure you that the aquarium doesn't allowed visitor to touch dangerous and poisonous marine animals. We allow the visitors to touch harmless marine animals such as a horseshoe crab. I hope that explain everything the misconceptions of horseshoe crabs.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I hope that explain everything the misconceptions of horseshoe crabs.
    It certainly explains why they're used to shoe horses! Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #48

Awesome? That thing look like a F Xenomorph larvae!!!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome? That thing look like a F Xenomorph larvae!!!
    And that's not cool?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    It certainly explains why they're used to shoe horses! Thanks!
    You're thinking of horseshoe. Although the horseshoe crab body does shaped like a horseshoe.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

I wish that I could meet everyone I have had long conversations with, both good and bad, in real life.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I wish that I could meet everyone I have had long conversations with, both good and bad, in real life.
    I think you may have mention back in the old Confession thread.

Confession: I stuttered a lot.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Confession:
    I must be spending a lot of time at the Playground, because I just awoke from a dream where I was reading and writing posts to this Forum!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Confession:
    I must be spending a lot of time at the Playground, because I just awoke from a dream where I was reading and writing posts to this Forum!
    I had a dream like that once

But I never woke up

25. - Top - End - #55

I often get the feeling that people see me as an uneducated loudmouth, but I'm not sure if that's based on fact or my own insecurities stemming from getting a GED instead of a high school diploma.

I also worry I'm not a good partner to my significant other, despite being told otherwise quite frequently.

It upsets me greatly that I haven't picked a career path yet, 6 years after leaving school, but nothing I've considered has actually grabbed my interest when I tried it out.
    Last edited by Delicious Taffy; 2017-02-10 at 08:22 PM.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    It upsets me greatly that I haven't picked a career path yet, 6 years after leaving school, but nothing I've considered has actually grabbed my interest when I tried it out.
    Don't worry, you've still got several years of aimless drifting to go before you end up in my position That said, I did pick a career path, it's just that ended up not really working out before it even properly got going, and I've ended up back in career purgatory.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

I often get the feeling that people see me as an uneducated loudmouth, but I'm not sure if that's based on fact or my own insecurities stemming from getting a GED instead of a high school diploma.
    I for one do not see you as uneducated.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

I found a whole lot of something my boss and the police are supposed to be informed of and I am leaving it to the next employee, if anybody does it.

I am very rapidly realizing this day is beyond saving and I don't care.
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-02-12 at 03:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I also worry I'm not a good partner to my significant other, despite being told otherwise quite frequently.

You're very intelligent man. I'm sure you'll find a good career in your life. Good luck man.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Well, I guess this is the right place.
    I'm in a wheelchair. This often gets strange looks/questions from children.

Once, when I was 16, a young boy - probably five or so - asked why I was in a chair. I looked him dead in the eye, and told him "this is what happens when you don't eat your vegetables."
    I like you.