New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Good spell to put into an Enternal Wand

Quote Originally Posted by IlPazzo View Post
    That's were you're wrong […].
    It looks like (Spell Level)x(Caster Level)x(720)+100, with the usual 0th-level spells counting as 0.5

Being that we have 4 points and fitted that with only two parameters (as CLxSL is the usual variable) it is safe to assume that's the formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by CozJa View Post
    because the problem with eternal wands is that their formula (and the one described, in fact, is the right one!) is somewhat lost in the fluff of Eberron: the +100 comes from the price of the dragonshard used to create the wands.
    I have only two things to add to this.

One is an analysis of that number 720. It's 1800 gold pieces (for a command-activated item) divided by five and multiplied by two (the number of times per day you can activate the item).

The other is a bit of a mystery. According to page 282 of the DM's Guide, an item whose use is restricted by class or alignment should be 30% cheaper. Eternal Wands can be activated only by arcane spellcasters, which is an unusual restriction for a command-activated item. Therefore, Eternal Wands should cost 30% less than their given market price. My judgement is that these items are overpriced, unless of course that dragonshard costs significantly more than 100 gold pieces.

Thanks to CozJa for explaining that 100 gold-piece surcharge for me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Good spell to put into an Enternal Wand

Launch bolt. Then put that into a wand chamber on a crossbow!
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!