New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Bumping threads?

Hi,

I've tried looking around but I couldn't find an answer for this.

I know that usually double posting is against forum rules, however, one of my threads has received no answers and is starting to slip under other threads. By not being in the first page the chances of getting an answer get smaller and within another day or two it might be too buried to be noticed.

What is the appropriate course of action for these cases? Am I allowed to bump a thread after a while has passed? If so, is there a fixed minimum time?

Granted, my thread question was perhaps a bit peculiar, but I've seen far more peculiar questions being answered. Perhaps by bumping the thred and trying to explain it a bit better might help. Being non-native English speaker a sentence that makes sense to me might not actually be correct :P

Thanks in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Bumping threads?

Short answer: Bumping a thread is strictly not allowed. Unfortunately, it means that there was no one around to answer your question or help with your enquiry.

Longer answer: Double posting of any sort is not allowed except for certain situations (which do not include bumping). These situations include posts that exceed or are likely to exceed the character limit, organising homebrew et. al., and when both at least a day has passed and you have new relevant information to add.

e.g. You post about season 2 of Attack on Titan but don't yet know the release date. You are still the last poster in the thread when:

A) Three hours later, you discover it. Edit your post.
    B) A day or more has passed, and you discover it. You may either edit or make a new reply with this new information.
    C) Any amount of time has passed, and you have not discovered it but wish to report that. Edit your post.

P.S. It's April 1, 2017.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak