Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default (D&D 3.5) Don't feel like recreating a sheet lost on Myth-Weavers? This is your game!

Why is this your game?

Because in trying to homebrew the set of rules for the races of the setting that made me satisfied as a GM I ended up with something so complicated and half-finished I initially was thinking it would be completely impossible that anyone would want to sort through it. It turns out I was wrong in the cases of several of my past prospective players. Never-the-less I am quite willing to make characters based on descriptions and show the drafts to people until we get to something they can work with. I MIGHT require that players handle the small fiddling items (whetstone, soap, needle, crowbar, etc), but those can be handled after you have some roleplay under your belt if you like.

One big feature of this campaign (as with most of my campaigns) is that this is a thinking person's campaign. Now it won't be philosophical/moral like one of my prior campaigns was, but it is still going to be the sort of campaign where you might find yourself having to reread everything in the current adventure periodically to make sure you aren't misremembering or forgetting anything. This goes so far that "my character isn't smart enough to think of that" and such things that trade away puzzle solving effectiveness* is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. That being said, I do appreciate good roleplay, it is simply that I enjoy not having to reduce the difficulty of the "brain" part of the game to accommodate it.

*Although a loss of efficiency, IE the speed at which the solution is arrived at is acceptable, provided it doesn't cause people to lose track of what is going on. It is loss of probability of arriving at the solution that I am trying to avoid.

The general description of the lead up to the current mission is that an advanced civilization is settling a particularly desirable area that is probably big enough for 4 towns or so. The soil is very fertile, there is iron nearby, etc. Oh... and the natives of the only town in the area are friendly! Well, at least they WERE initially. See, the one drawback to this place is that there is a species of fire-breathing Huge creature that lives there. Now the natives said that the mega-predator actually tended to leave the natives alone for the most part. So the newcomers built a village. But these mega-predators won't leave the newcomers alone, and the natives are taking this as an omen that the newcomers must be driven out. The newcomer's military forces could win such a conflict, but it would be bloody and have other disadvantages, not least of which the moral ones. So they have called in the PCs to try to figure out a way to avoid this conflict.

Now, this is a particular setting that this is in that has a very rich lore behind it. A lore that you DO NOT have to worry about for the most part, because most of it hasn't happened yet at this point in the timeline... your fellow players and myself would be able to get you up to speed quickly and easily. Also, this is "the bad old days" although after the "the REALLY bad old days", which should help with certain problems that some people might have with the setting.

If it helps, be aware that the player characters can be thought of as being nature spirits, like the Grecoroman naiads. Of course, they also have homes and jobs, most of which DON'T involve manually operating the ecosystem, but everyone pitches in when it comes time to change the seasons.
    Spoiler: So with that disclaimer, here it is.
    Show
    The newcomers are comprised a single species made up of three VERY biologically divergent races/phenotypes who up until a few decades ago were at eachothers throats before creatures that fed on hatred and produced localized ice-ages forced them to make nice with each-other to avoid freezing to death and/or starving:
    -The militaristic fliers who crush their enemies with "carpet bombing" of lightning and hailstones the size of basketballs. Favored Class: Warblade.
    -The magical ones who who when they aren't moving the sun, moon, and stars on their daily journeys tell the laws of physics to sit down and shut up... no seriously, their racial abilities consist of "The only race who can really be full-casters, and, among other perks, they don't require verbal, somatic, or divine focus components".
    -The race that has an affinity with animals and plants. This means they are also the race who does almost all of the farming. Also get +6 Strength, +6 Constitution. Yes, those numbers are BIG, but when you are getting flight or spellcasting as your other options... Favored Class: Swordsage (Yes, I know it seems like this should be switched with the fliers for mechanical synergy, but there are thematic reasons to have it this way).

So, for the ones of you who haven't figured it out yet, this is set in the nascent land of Equestria, populated with Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth Ponies.

FYI the natives of the particular area the first mission takes place in are Sheep.

And because the feel of play can vary a lot with level, I will state: ECL 7.

See sig for links.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-09 at 12:08 AM.
    Running: Ruceeglaelsktinag IC OOC (Now accepting applications via PM for anyone interested when/if I start this up again)
    Equestria Begins (Post Hearth's-Warming era My Little Pony game): New Recruiting, Original Recruiting, OOC, IC, Previous Map
    For everything else (including my extensive homebrew) see: Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (D&D 3.5) Don't feel like recreating a sheet lost on Myth-Weavers? This is your g

Post Week-End Bump!
    Running: Ruceeglaelsktinag IC OOC (Now accepting applications via PM for anyone interested when/if I start this up again)
    Equestria Begins (Post Hearth's-Warming era My Little Pony game): New Recruiting, Original Recruiting, OOC, IC, Previous Map

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: (D&D 3.5) Don't feel like recreating a sheet lost on Myth-Weavers? This is your g

Much of this confuses me, though I do like doing horse games.
    Russle of the bustle rev my motor everyday, gotta keep on going push my engine all the way.
    Singing Nah nah nananah nah nah nananah

A kickstarter I found Intresting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm not too familiar with MLP but you said lore wasn't such a big deal for this and this seems really fun, I'll think over what I want to play and make a description for you soon

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

So, I'm considering making an Earth Pony, because why not? I do like the idea of Earth Ponies getting Swordsage as their favored class, though, since they have more latent magic in their bodies (Represented as well by innane Str and Con mods). I'm probably gonna try for a Warblade anyways, since I want to go for White Raven and Stone Dragon, with a dash of Tiger Claw and maybe some Iron Heart.

Since we're still early into the founding of Equestria, presumably a martial pony isn't unheard of. Maybe a Stalwart Knight who's got a Shield for a Cutie mark. I'm Actually... I'm gonna look into Crusader, since I've never tried one out.

Also, into the show, but first MLP game. One of the few times it's been presented in a system I already know. I assume Barding costs normal. Can I get +1 Horseshoes to supplement Natural Weapons? Also, how are we handling manufactured weapons?

Edit: So I assume we use the extended character creation given in the other game's threads?
    So we all take a commoner level at level 2?

And it looks like you don't like the Crusader class because you removed a huge chunk of their only unique discipline, so there's a 95% chance that I'll be moving back to Warblade.

Edit: Are we considered our own mounts for the Twin Spirit Discipline?
    Last edited by supernerd; 2017-02-13 at 06:56 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Much of this confuses me, though I do like doing horse games.
    Well, literally Rule Number One of my games is "If you have a question ask it, if at any time you do not have a question be actively thinking of one!"

I am surprised by the number of people who seem unable to think of questions to ask despite feeling 'lost'.

Please prove you are not one of them by asking some now. [Fluttershy]If it isn't too much trouble I mean.[/Fluttershy]
    Quote Originally Posted by neriractor View Post
    I'm not too familiar with MLP but you said lore wasn't such a big deal for this and this seems really fun, I'll think over what I want to play and make a description for you soon
    I will mention that we have no Pegasi at the moment, and the only Unicorn in the party is the GMNPC Healbot.

Feel free to play whatever though...
    Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    So, I'm considering making an Earth Pony, because why not? I do like the idea of Earth Ponies getting Swordsage as their favored class, though, since they have more latent magic in their bodies (Represented as well by innane Str and Con mods). I'm probably gonna try for a Warblade anyways, since I want to go for White Raven and Stone Dragon, with a dash of Tiger Claw and maybe some Iron Heart.

Since we're still early into the founding of Equestria, presumably a martial pony isn't unheard of. Maybe a Stalwart Knight who's got a Shield for a Cutie mark. I'm Actually... I'm gonna look into Crusader, since I've never tried one out.
    You mean "Knight" as a class? I'd probably allow that even in the modern era from what I remember of that class.

[EDIT]
    "Knight" as a social class (although probably not a LANDED knight)? We already had one of those. The player in question is currently switching to another character. So, yes, that is perfectly acceptable, although now that I think of it, that particular title might be mostly a Unicorn thing. The Pegasi OTOH are the ones who outfit themselves like stereotypical knights most frequently (lance + armor). Whatever you want to do is fine.

Also, feel free to consider Scarlet Bravura as a substitute for White Raven if you prefer. I am just offering options, not really recommending anything.
    [/EDIT]

Also, into the show, but first MLP game. One of the few times it's been presented in a system I already know. I assume Barding costs normal.
    Well, normal for a "humanoid" creature of that size. In other words the cost is not multiplied.
    Can I get +1 Horseshoes to supplement Natural Weapons?
    Shortest answer: Yes.
    Short answer: For almost every practical purpose you can get those, and could even actually get them, although it would be a bad idea unless you got the party artificer (if they actually end up playing) to make them. Basically, tell me WHY you want that, and I will take care of the details.
    Spoiler: Long Answer
    Show
    By ECL 7 everyone's hooves count as magical weapons for penetrating DR, dealing with incorporeality, and all the other little perks that being a magical weapon gets you except for the actual to-hit and damage bonuses. You can, however enchant your hooves with your natural magic. This costs the same as a single magical weapon (so 2,000 GP for +1, 8,000 for +2 equivalent). This doesn't represent actually having had and spent that money, just that you are noticeably more magical than some Ponies of your BAB. It also lets you swap out between cold iron and alchemical silver horseshoes without worrying about keeping 2 different sets of magical weapons (let alone 8).

Also, how are we handling manufactured weapons?
    They are available.
    I recommend a light slashing melee weapon in case you run into something with Swallow Whole eventually.
    A one handed slashing melee weapon could have some niche application depending on your BAB... but you would be losing the flurry option
    At any given point in time you can EITHER treat your mouth as a hand, your TK as 2 hands (obviously requires you to be a unicorn)*, OR treat your forehooves as hands. While treating your forehooves as hands you are reduced to half speed just for carrying stuff, and only 5' steps if you are actually using the stuff in your forehooves.
    Lances are acceptable and actually don't require any "hands" to wield although combining their attacks with other manufactured weapons might be nerfed if I find it creates a problem.
    You can get what are basically shot-puts to kick like AJ did the apples in "Dragonshy". The base damage die is bad, but they get 1.5 strength bonus I believe, and you can get at least 2 attacks with them provided you start the round with two in your mouth and then full-attack. There are ways of getting more attacks and/or not having to start with the buck-balls in your mouth, but I'll reserve that for if you show a
    If you want to go for a ranged fighter Earth Pony with a range increment longer than 40' I can probably homebrew up a class or ACF that gets around the problems with it.
    Edit: So I assume we use the extended character creation given in the other game's threads?
    Eeyep, or rather a given player CAN use it, but I still marvel that anyone would willingly subject themselves to it, rather than giving me the description and letting me come up with a first draft.

I guess people really like to understand how their characters' work and/or be the masters of their own fate.
    So we all take a commoner level at level 2?
    Or any other order in the progression of 7 levels. Might need to so something other than 2nd to get the feats you want or something.
    And it looks like you don't like the Crusader class because you removed a huge chunk of their only unique discipline, so there's a 95% chance that I'll be moving back to Warblade.
    It doesn't change the end result, but I actually like Crusaders just fine in general. It is simply that for this particular campaign I nerfed the rate of healing in general such that in-combat healing beyond stabilizing somepony become basically worthless.
    Edit: Are we considered our own mounts for the Twin Spirit Discipline?
    Naturally!
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-14 at 11:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

[QUOTE=DracoDei;21706615]I will mention that we have no Pegasi at the moment, and the only Unicorn in the party is the GMNPC Healbot.

Feel free to play whatever though...[QUOTE]
    I see. Well, I think that may have to do with their racial bonuses. However, I was looking into an Earth Pony because I figured they might be under represented. I think I'll look for a Pegasus.
    You mean "Knight" as a class? I'd probably allow that even in the modern era from what I remember of that class.

[EDIT]
    "Knight" as a social class (although probably not a LANDED knight)? We already had one of those. The player in question is currently switching to another character. So, yes, that is perfectly acceptable, although now that I think of it, that particular title might be mostly a Unicorn thing. The Pegasi OTOH are the ones who outfit themselves like stereotypical knights most frequently (lance + armor). Whatever you want to do is fine.

Also, feel free to consider Scarlet Bravura as a substitute for White Raven if you prefer. I am just offering options, not really recommending anything.
    [/EDIT]
    Knight as a character trope, so not the class, the class is meh. Discipline looks neat, tho, but the Pegasus looks like it'll be a rogue, so I'll be much better with Swordsage.
    [QUOTE]Well, normal for a "humanoid" creature of that size. In other words the cost is not multiplied.[QUOTE]
    Cool. Mithril Chainshirt is likely to make its way in.
    Shortest answer: Yes.
    Short answer: For almost every practical purpose you can get those, and could even actually get them, although it would be a bad idea unless you got the party artificer (if they actually end up playing) to make them. Basically, tell me WHY you want that, and I will take care of the details.
    Spoiler: Long Answer
    Show
    By ECL 7 everyone's hooves count as magical weapons for penetrating DR, dealing with incorporeality, and all the other little perks that being a magical weapon gets you except for the actual to-hit and damage bonuses. You can, however enchant your hooves with your natural magic. This costs the same as a single magical weapon (so 2,000 GP for +1, 8,000 for +2 equivalent). This doesn't represent actually having had and spent that money, just that you are noticeably more magical than some Ponies of your BAB. It also lets you swap out between cold iron and alchemical silver horseshoes without worrying about keeping 2 different sets of magical weapons (let alone 8).
    Probs just gonna get materials for horseshoes then and keep enhancement to innate wealth. I didn't realize that the Monk table was as a racial feature. whoops.
    They are available.
    I recommend a light slashing melee weapon in case you run into something with Swallow Whole eventually.
    A one handed slashing melee weapon could have some niche application depending on your BAB... but you would be losing the flurry option
    At any given point in time you can EITHER treat your mouth as a hand, your TK as 2 hands (obviously requires you to be a unicorn)*, OR treat your forehooves as hands. While treating your forehooves as hands you are reduced to half speed just for carrying stuff, and only 5' steps if you are actually using the stuff in your forehooves.
    Lances are acceptable and actually don't require any "hands" to wield although combining their attacks with other manufactured weapons might be nerfed if I find it creates a problem.
    You can get what are basically shot-puts to kick like AJ did the apples in "Dragonshy". The base damage die is bad, but they get 1.5 strength bonus I believe, and you can get at least 2 attacks with them provided you start the round with two in your mouth and then full-attack. There are ways of getting more attacks and/or not having to start with the buck-balls in your mouth, but I'll reserve that for if you show a
    If you want to go for a ranged fighter Earth Pony with a range increment longer than 40' I can probably homebrew up a class or ACF that gets around the problems with it.
    Dagger sidearm it is. I was planning on melee anyways. this was also caught up in Unarmed Strike vs Natural Weapons.
    Eeyep, or rather a given player CAN use it, but I still marvel that anyone would willingly subject themselves to it, rather than giving me the description and letting me come up with a first draft.

I guess people really like to understand how their characters' work and/or be the masters of their own fate.
    I usually prefer to make my sheet, since I usually start sheet first and then draw out what kind of person gets to that point, rather than create a character idea that's vague enough to leave room for statting, especially by someone else. Tbh, the idea of having someone else make my sheet is a little uncomfortable.
    Or any other order in the progression of 7 levels. Might need to so something other than 2nd to get the feats you want or something.
    Probs 6 or 7.
    It doesn't change the end result, but I actually like Crusaders just fine in general. It is simply that for this particular campaign I nerfed the rate of healing in general such that in-combat healing beyond stabilizing somepony become basically worthless.
    Without Healing or the Alignment maneuvers, the only thing Crusaders have to offer is it's delayed damage and corresponding boost.

Also, may I ask why in combat healing is a no go? And how, as I've not found it in the recruitment thread.
    Naturally!
    Quite! I'll be ending up with some initiator levels regardless of what I do, so I may pick up one or two manuevers from there.

Current go is Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 2/Commoner 1/Swordsage 1. How do you feel about the Shadow hand maneuver that makes you invisible for a single round. I could flavor it with clouds/wind, or have it be just a supernatural hide. It only lasts for a round at a time, so it's not too flavor breaking.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

What about a Warlock Unicorn?
    Russle of the bustle rev my motor everyday, gotta keep on going push my engine all the way.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Dagger sidearm it is. I was planning on melee anyways. this was also caught up in Unarmed Strike vs Natural Weapons.
    Ponies hooves count as both in case it matters? Also they can take Improved Natural Attack and Superior Unarmed Strike without worrying about pre-requisites.

EDIT: Just a flavor decision not to go for a sickle or short-sword?
    I usually prefer to make my sheet, since I usually start sheet first and then draw out what kind of person gets to that point, rather than create a character idea that's vague enough to leave room for statting, especially by someone else.
    I find that the less vague a character is the easier they are for ME to stat. Then again I am relatively quick to resort to character-specific homebrew.
    Tbh, the idea of having someone else make my sheet is a little uncomfortable.
    Understandable.

Probs 6 or 7.

Without Healing or the Alignment maneuvers, the only thing Crusaders have to offer is it's delayed damage and corresponding boost.
    I take your point.

Also, may I ask why in combat healing is a no go? And how, as I've not found it in the recruitment thread.
    No mention of healing in general? Maybe I left it out since it isn't part of character creation strictly speaking... If so, my mistake.

In any case, here it is: Healing of hitpoint and ability damage occurs naturally at a certain rate by vanilla RAW. Magical healing and heal checks can speed that up. But since a Pony game is one that benefits by thinking twice before you get into combat and we have actually seen hospital stays longer than one minute in the show I decided that healing will normally occur at one quarter the PHB rate. Casting the appropriate spells requires ranks in Heal, and doubles that rate. Having a friendly Earth Pony in the general vicinity also doubles it. In this case a doubled doubling is a quadrupaling, getting you back to the PHB rates for non-magical healing. Heal checks, magic bedrolls, and bedrest have their normal effects subject to those divisions.

Now there is two exceptions to this as far as magical healing goes.
    The first is stabilization.
    The second is that magical healing is counted as having an instantaneous effect for purposed of the difference between "alive" and "dead". It doesn't allow diehard to keep you conscious below -9, it certainly doesn't let you remain conscious without that feat below 0 hitpoints, and it just now occurred to me that someone who is only above Con 0 due to magical healing is laying on the ground without the breath to even move voluntarily. And yes, this means you need to keep track of two different hitpoint/constitution scores for anypony in such a situation.

Quite! I'll be ending up with some initiator levels regardless of what I do, so I may pick up one or two manuevers from there.

Current go is Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 2/Commoner 1/Swordsage 1. How do you feel about the Shadow hand maneuver that makes you invisible for a single round. I could flavor it with clouds/wind, or have it be just a supernatural hide. It only lasts for a round at a time, so it's not too flavor breaking.
    Well, wrapping yourself in a cloud that you can see through briefly would be a reasonable way to flavor it. Note that that DOES mean that it isn't nearly as good for sneaking from one piece of cover to another and such things.
    What about a Warlock Unicorn?
    Certainly! You even get a bonus invocation and no alignment restrictions for class (still have to be Good because of the campaign restrictions). In case you care, here are your choices for Invocation:
    1.) Eldritch Spear
    2.) Split Blast ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172121 ) Pro Tip: Don't bother with this for hitpoint damage (although there is a niche case where it can be worth it for that), this is mostly about having a chance to land a debuff on multiple targets before you get Eldritch Chain or such.
    3.) Eldritch Claws (homebrew version that reduces land speed by 10', counts as BOTH an eldritch essence AND a blast shape (and thus can't be combined with other eldritch essences), and negates increased hoof damage but NOT flurry, created or dismissed as a move action).

Incidentally, if you picked Warlock because you are afraid of the secret twist to the Vancian full-caster class for unicorns (yes, singular), then you should probably reconsider.

((Note to self: Need to rebuild Hippocrates Leech! ))
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-14 at 07:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Ponies hooves count as both in case it matters? Also they can take Improved Natural Attack and Superior Unarmed Strike without worrying about pre-requisites.

EDIT: Just a flavor decision not to go for a sickle or short-sword?
    Cool. I'll keep that in mind. Though it's likely that TWF > Rapidstrike.

And iirc, Shortswords are piercing and sickles aren't Shadow Hand weapons.
    No mention of healing in general? Maybe I left it out since it isn't part of character creation strictly speaking... If so, my mistake.

In any case, here it is: Healing of hitpoint and ability damage occurs naturally at a certain rate by vanilla RAW. Magical healing and heal checks can speed that up. But since a Pony game is one that benefits by thinking twice before you get into combat and we have actually seen hospital stays longer than one minute in the show I decided that healing will normally occur at one quarter the PHB rate. Casting the appropriate spells requires ranks in Heal, and doubles that rate. Having a friendly Earth Pony in the general vicinity also doubles it. In this case a doubled doubling is a quadrupaling, getting you back to the PHB rates for non-magical healing. Heal checks, magic bedrolls, and bedrest have their normal effects subject to those divisions.

Now there is two exceptions to this as far as magical healing goes.
    The first is stabilization.
    The second is that magical healing is counted as having an instantaneous effect for purposed of the difference between "alive" and "dead". It doesn't allow diehard to keep you conscious below -9, it certainly doesn't let you remain conscious without that feat below 0 hitpoints, and it just now occurred to me that someone who is only above Con 0 due to magical healing is laying on the ground without the breath to even move voluntarily. And yes, this means you need to keep track of two different hitpoint/constitution scores for anypony in such a situation.
    I see. Glad we have a healbot
    Well, wrapping yourself in a cloud that you can see through briefly would be a reasonable way to flavor it. Note that that DOES mean that it isn't nearly as good for sneaking from one piece of cover to another and such things.
    Quite. Well, I'll be able to just sneak like normal for that.

Edit: Traits and Flaws? it seems players have used them but I can't ctrl+F the ruling.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2017-02-14 at 09:27 PM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

On tablet. Please point out any errors I make.
    Sorry for not acknowledging you earlier, if you care about that sort of thing.

I look forward to your description.

Don't let our Brony-babble get to you.
    Cool. I'll keep that in mind. Though it's likely that TWF > Rapidstrike.
    You mean flurry of blows?

Possibly, if you can afford the feats for TWF. Never really did the comparison.
    And iirc, Shortswords are piercing and sickles aren't Shadow Hand weapons.
    I thought I checked shortswords way back when, but you are correct.
    I see. Glad we have a healbot.
    Yeah, it is even more of a "thankless" role than in vanilla D&D.
    Quite. Well, I'll be able to just sneak like normal for that.
    Go ahead and put some ranks into Craft(Cloud) if you would, just to make me feel better about that minor flavor issue you alluded to earlier. Actually, make it 10 ranks if that is a third level maneuver (which I think it is, and thus I don't think you can take it yet?

Edit: Traits and Flaws? it seems players have used them but I can't ctrl+F the ruling.
    A Trait should be fine.

A Flaw has to actually hurt the character. No taking a penalty to ranged attacks for melee focused characters, that sort of thing.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-15 at 07:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

You mean flurry of blows?

Possibly, if you can afford the feats for TWF. Never really did the comparison.
    Unlike in Pathfinder, Monks don't forfeit the right to TWF when they flurry. So I'll be making 3 attacks per round with a -3 penalty, or two with a -1 if there's accuracy problems. I can there are only so many level 1 rogue feats.
    Yeah, it is even more of a "thankless" role than in vanilla D&D.
    Honestly, this is the first game I'd be in where I think that being a healbot would actually be thankless. Whenever I've played a support, it's always been appreciated.
    Go ahead and put some ranks into Craft(Cloud) if you would, just to make me feel better about that minor flavor issue you alluded to earlier. Actually, make it 10 ranks if that is a third level maneuver (which I think it is, and thus I don't think you can take it yet?
    1: so Craft(Cloud) and Weatherworking are in fact two separate skills? Well, looks like I'm not going to afford any social skills.
    2: Cloak of Deception is a 2nd Level maneuver, so I'm using it to qualify for Island of Blades. I'll be taking a second swordsage level ~level 10 to pick up Assassin Stance, when my Dex mod is 5.75 and I can fit the .75 BAB
    A Trait should be fine.

A Flaw has to actually hurt the character. No taking a penalty to ranged attacks for melee focused characters, that sort of thing.
    It's a good thing Vulnerable is my favorite flaw.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Unlike in Pathfinder, Monks don't forfeit the right to TWF when they flurry. So I'll be making 3 attacks per round with a -3 penalty, or two with a -1 if there's accuracy problems. I can there are only so many level 1 rogue feats.
    Ah, gotcha.
    Honestly, this is the first game I'd be in where I think that being a healbot would actually be thankless. Whenever I've played a support, it's always been appreciated.
    I couldn't think of a better word, so I just put "thankless" in quotes.

1: so Craft(Cloud) and Weatherworking are in fact two separate skills? Well, looks like I'm not going to afford any social skills.
    Same skill. Told you these rules were a mess...
    Also, there is a nifty thing you can make with that, but since the raw materials are free, I may decide a longer crafting time is required. Eh... And you probably start with some for free too.

Basically they are very small stormclouds you stick one your hooves so your next 4 hits deal some electricity damage on top of everything else.

Still need to figure out the details... Might even add back in the material costs on ones stable enough to put in a box so you have spares.
    2: Cloak of Deception is a 2nd Level maneuver,
    In that case you only need 7 ranks (and even if it was 3rd it would only be 9... Bleh... I'm not normally this bad!)
    so I'm using it to qualify for Island of Blades. I'll be taking a second swordsage level ~level 10 to pick up Assassin Stance, when my Dex mod is 5.75 and I can fit the .75 BAB
    Uh... How do you get a 3/4 fraction on an ability mod?

It's a good thing Vulnerable is my favorite flaw.
    *Nods*

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Same skill. Told you these rules were a mess...
    Also, there is a nifty thing you can make with that, but since the raw materials are free, I may decide a longer crafting time is required. Eh... And you probably start with some for free too.

Basically they are very small stormclouds you stick one your hooves so your next 4 hits deal some electricity damage on top of everything else.

Still need to figure out the details... Might even add back in the material costs on ones stable enough to put in a box so you have spares.
    So it's considered a craft skill, then? Cool. Let me know if I do get free ranks.

Well, I already have something like that, since I took Shocking Blade (Burning Blade).
    In that case you only need 7 ranks (and even if it was 3rd it would only be 9... Bleh... I'm not normally this bad!)
    Well, I'm probably just gonna take max ranks anyways.
    Uh... How do you get a 3/4 fraction on an ability mod?
    Well, Since you said fractional everything, I figured that Dex 19.5 would give +5.75.

Also, here's a first pass. I'll be swapping out some ranks for skill tricks in a bit.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Certainly! You even get a bonus invocation and no alignment restrictions for class (still have to be Good because of the campaign restrictions). In case you care, here are your choices for Invocation:
    1.) Eldritch Spear
    2.) Split Blast ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172121 ) Pro Tip: Don't bother with this for hitpoint damage (although there is a niche case where it can be worth it for that), this is mostly about having a chance to land a debuff on multiple targets before you get Eldritch Chain or such.
    3.) Eldritch Claws (homebrew version that reduces land speed by 10', counts as BOTH an eldritch essence AND a blast shape (and thus can't be combined with other eldritch essences), and negates increased hoof damage but NOT flurry, created or dismissed as a move action).

Incidentally, if you picked Warlock because you are afraid of the secret twist to the Vancian full-caster class for unicorns (yes, singular), then you should probably reconsider.

((Note to self: Need to rebuild Hippocrates Leech! ))
    uh.. what?

I guess we'd just roll.. 1) sprear 2) split 3) something else

(1d3)[1]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

*Crosses claws and hopes for fewer derps this time around.*

For all new characters: My current plans for inserting you into the campaign involve your having been junior members of a Windigo hunting group that was investigating an suspiciously blizzard-y area directly west of the valley where the party currently is. You found no Windigoes. You went back via the valley and stopped off at the Sheep city since it was closer than Oatsburough(sp?).

And here is where it gets to the part that some people might object to: The Sheep King sort of captured you because he had, from his perspective, reason to think that the Windigoes were a farce created by the Ponies to disguise a different cause to the Great Winter. Your commanding officer decided to go along with it to try to de-escalate the situation. You were all separated and interrogated (think "good cop/bad cop" level stuff, not red hot irons). You considered your words carefully, but since what they were asking was stuff you had specific orders they were allowed to know you PROBABLY told them without too much trouble. When your stories matched up, you were released, perhaps with the Sheep King owing you a reparation, especially one in the form of him answering questions he would not normally answer.

EDIT: In case it was not clear I am asking if I need to consider refining/changing this due to clashes with player/character personalities.

neriractor: Still working on that description I take it? Not trying to rush you, just making sure you haven't dropped off the face of the earth...

So it's considered a craft skill, then? Cool. Let me know if I do get free ranks.
    I meant free clouds, not free ranks.
    Well, I already have something like that, since I took Shocking Blade (Burning Blade).
    Well, it stacks FWIW.

Well, I'm probably just gonna take max ranks anyways.
    *Nods*
    Well, Since you said fractional everything, I figured that Dex 19.5 would give +5.75.
    Ah, Okay. That works.
    Also, here's a first pass. I'll be swapping out some ranks for skill tricks in a bit.
    Things I notice (because this IS a first pass):
    • Where did you get penetrating strike and what does it do? Or did you mean Insightful Strike (Except that is at Swashbuckler 3)?
    • It is worth mentioning that Virtual equipment still provides the same types of bonus, it just can't be taken away, sundered, dispelled, or disenchanted. Nor can it be loaned or sold. It also is unslotted. But technically speaking you have a +2 Resistance bonus to saves, not an untyped +2 to saves. Your notation is fine (despite not being what I myself use), I just wanted to be clear that it wouldn't stack if, say, Hippocrates Leech casts Resistance on you.
    • Speaking of equipment, you might want to combine stuff onto fewer lines since you may end up with a lot of equipment (I 'sweat the small stuff' sometimes). Also note that if you are going to max Craft(Cloud) then spending 55 GP for a masterwork tea-kettle (and maybe some other things that I just can't think of right now) is probably well worth the price.
    • I'm afraid that if you want to TWF I am going to require you do it with an actual weapon for the extra attack. One possibility I never got around to writing down was a light flail head tied to the end of your tail*. Treat this as a light mace mechanically. The advantage to this is that it leaves your mouth free for SOME purposes (will elaborate at another time). Of course your Virtual bonuses only apply to your hooves so you might want to at least make it masterwork.
      *This has actually appeared as a weapon on the show, once in "Luna Eclipsed" and once in the suits of armor in "Castle Mania", plus any I missed).
    • Where did the third die of Sneak Attack come from?
    • Your +1 armor enhancement actually goes on the armor. It is not Virtual. You may or may not have realized this.
    • As a pegasus (Favored Class:Warblade) with three levels in one class (Rogue), and one in another (Swordsage, Commoner doesn't count!), you saddled yourself with an XP penalty the last time you leveled up. Not that is likely matters since most on-line campaigns don't last long enough for level-up, but I thought I would mention it...

uh.. what?

I guess we'd just roll.. 1) spear 2) split 3) something else

[roll0]
    So... tell me about your character's personality and abilities? Just because I am handling the mechanics of character creation doesn't mean you don't have to imagine the character for me to build.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-16 at 01:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

neriractor: Still working on that description I take it? Not trying to rush you, just making sure you haven't dropped off the face of the earth...
    yeah, just having a bit of a busy week
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

human ranger substitution levels

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

[QUOTE=DracoDei;21713461]I meant free clouds, not free ranks.

Well, it stacks FWIW.
    Cool. I'll be looking forward to using both maybe, depending on how things work out.
    Things I notice (because this IS a first pass):
    • Where did you get penetrating strike and what does it do? Or did you mean Insightful Strike (Except that is at Swashbuckler 3)?
    • It is worth mentioning that Virtual equipment still provides the same types of bonus, it just can't be taken away, sundered, dispelled, or disenchanted. Nor can it be loaned or sold. It also is unslotted. But technically speaking you have a +2 Resistance bonus to saves, not an untyped +2 to saves. Your notation is fine (despite not being what I myself use), I just wanted to be clear that it wouldn't stack if, say, Hippocrates Leech casts Resistance on you.
    • Speaking of equipment, you might want to combine stuff onto fewer lines since you may end up with a lot of equipment (I 'sweat the small stuff' sometimes). Also note that if you are going to max Craft(Cloud) then spending 55 GP for a masterwork tea-kettle (and maybe some other things that I just can't think of right now) is probably well worth the price.
    • I'm afraid that if you want to TWF I am going to require you do it with an actual weapon for the extra attack. One possibility I never got around to writing down was a light flail head tied to the end of your tail*. Treat this as a light mace mechanically. The advantage to this is that it leaves your mouth free for SOME purposes (will elaborate at another time). Of course your Virtual bonuses only apply to your hooves so you might want to at least make it masterwork.
      *This has actually appeared as a weapon on the show, once in "Luna Eclipsed" and once in the suits of armor in "Castle Mania", plus any I missed).
    • Where did the third die of Sneak Attack come from?
    • Your +1 armor enhancement actually goes on the armor. It is not Virtual. You may or may not have realized this.
    • As a pegasus (Favored Class:Warblade) with three levels in one class (Rogue), and one in another (Swordsage, Commoner doesn't count!), you saddled yourself with an XP penalty the last time you leveled up. Not that is likely matters since most on-line campaigns don't last long enough for level-up, but I thought I would mention it...
    Okay:
    -Penetrating Strike is an ACF from Dungeonscape that trades Trap Sense for: Whenever you fl ank a creature that is immune to extra damage from sneak attacks, you still deal extra damage equal to half your normal sneak attack dice. This benefit does not apply against creatures that cannot be flanked, nor against foes that are otherwise denied their Dexterity bonus to AC or flat-footed but not flanked.
    -Right. Why wouldn't it?
    -Oh. I see. Well then that's something I'll have to look into, then. Also, why the Tea Kettle? Is it necessary to create condensed water vapor?
    -Well that's garbage. I guess I'm better off not making a rogue.
    -Daring Outlaw.
    -Cool, I have a friend that uses Virtual WBL because he usually has low magic settings, so he does a similar thing where we put any magical enhancements/items in the ether so that it fits better and so we don't get upset about stuff getting taken away/not given enough. I just assumed it worked similarly.
    -Oh. Well then I'm 100% better off not being a rogue. Because I think this is the first time I've seen someone take a look at the multiclass EXP penalty and not say "Well that's stupid." Also, Does Swashbuckler count as warblade, then?
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Okay:
    -Penetrating Strike is an ACF from Dungeonscape that trades Trap Sense for: Whenever you fl ank a creature that is immune to extra damage from sneak attacks, you still deal extra damage equal to half your normal sneak attack dice. This benefit does not apply against creatures that cannot be flanked, nor against foes that are otherwise denied their Dexterity bonus to AC or flat-footed but not flanked.
    Okay. Good choice.
    -Right. Why wouldn't it?
    Just making sure a difference in notation was only that, rather than a miscommunication.
    -Oh. I see. Well then that's something I'll have to look into, then. Also, why the Tea Kettle? Is it necessary to create condensed water vapor?
    Not NECESSARY but it sure helps. Your average frying pan is probably be a normal-quality tool, while doing it out of normal air would be -2 or worse, depending on humidity.
    -Well that's garbage. I guess I'm better off not making a rogue.
    Okay. *Shrugs* (Edit: see other edit at end of this post.)
    -Daring Outlaw.
    Ah.
    -Cool, I have a friend that uses Virtual WBL because he usually has low magic settings, so he does a similar thing where we put any magical enhancements/items in the ether so that it fits better and so we don't get upset about stuff getting taken away/not given enough. I just assumed it worked similarly.
    Glad I checked then.
    -Oh. Well then I'm 100% better off not being a rogue. Because I think this is the first time I've seen someone take a look at the multiclass EXP penalty and not say "Well that's stupid." Also, Does Swashbuckler count as warblade, then?
    No, Swashbuckler doesn't count as Warblade, but as long as all your class levels, not counting favored class (+commoner in this case), are within 1 of all the rest, there is no penalty. So 2/2/2 would work(probably not attractive), as would turning the Swashbuckler levels into Swordsage levels, or replacing Swordsage with Warblade(I think I might have even allowed the lightning subbed Desert Wind to be traded in for one or two disciplines, but I can't remember), or Rogue 6. Or other variations. Not saying any of those would necessarily appeal to you, just trying to help you make an informed decision.

EDIT: And then there is the Snap-Kick feat, which I need to decide how far I am reducing the requirements on. It makes a good substitute for TWF.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-16 at 03:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay. Good choice.
    IKR
    Just making sure a difference in notation was only that, rather than a miscommunication.
    You're good!
    Not NECESSARY but it sure helps. Your average frying pan is probably be a normal-quality tool, while doing it out of normal air would be -2 or worse, depending on humidity.
    Ah, well I have some spare money, so it might be worthwhile
    No, Swashbuckler doesn't count as Warblade, but as long as all your class levels, not counting favored class (+commoner in this case), are within 1 of all the rest, there is no penalty. So 2/2/2 would work(probably not attractive), as would turning the Swashbuckler levels into Swordsage levels, or replacing Swordsage with Warblade(I think I might have even allowed the lightning subbed Desert Wind to be traded in for one or two disciplines, but I can't remember), or Rogue 6. Or other variations. Not saying any of those would necessarily appeal to you, just trying to help you make an informed decision.
    I see. Well, the options are: Solve the problem of multiclassing too much with more multiclassing - adding a level of Rogukan Ninja in place of Rogue 3; Try again.
    EDIT: And then there is the Snap-Kick feat, which I need to decide how far I am reducing the requirements on. It makes a good substitute for TWF.
    I see. That's fair. Seems like a good alternative.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

He is a wild guy who aggressively loves fey while maintaining the freedom of candlestick makers. For they bring in the light where there is darkness, warmth where there is cold, and he'll light thier wax sticks with the fires of tartarus itself if he needs to

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I see. Well, the options are: Solve the problem of multiclassing too much with more multiclassing - adding a level of Rogukan Ninja in place of Rogue 3; Try again.
    I need to talk to another of the players before I decide on if I would allow Rogukan Ninja.

Does anyone else who is building a character in this thread have any opinion on the matter?

He is a wild guy who aggressively loves fey while maintaining the freedom of candlestick makers. For they bring in the light where there is darkness, warmth where there is cold, and he'll light thier wax sticks with the fires of tartarus itself if he needs to
    Uh... still a little brief, and it seems like a bit of a random mishmash to me so far, but if it isn't to you then I suspect that you can tie it all together with a little more explanation?

Now for some of the individual elements:
    1.) Fey - Well, Ponies are very close to being Fey themselves, so that works. The one thing I am worried about is if you meant this to give me an idea of your power source, and thus perhaps, Invocations. Firstly because I only have Complete Arcane (that is where Warlock appears, right?), and whatever homebrew you can point me towards. The other is that Unicorns, regardless of class, don't have an external power source in the same sense that Warlocks could be said to have one (although to a lesser extent than Clerics).
    2.)Candlestick Makers - This makes me think that the character may run into problems with being TOO random. While "random" fits the setting (See also: Pinkie Pie), it has to be something that won't get in the way of your contributing to tactics or embarrass the party too strongly/too often. I just got done with a long run of dealing with someone else who had that problem in this campaign*.

*Igordragonian, who decided to make a new character due to having trouble roleplaying "mildly nutsy" rather than "nutsy to the point of being unable to contribute to the party's progress". He might actually drop I think, due to being a new father. Now, to be very frank, part of his problem may have been the result of falling into the Stormwind Fallacy, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

EDIT: What is your level of knowledge/experience with 3.X Warlocks? Do I need to keep things extra-simple? I ask because in your first post on this thread you said you were a mite confused.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-17 at 05:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: (D&D 3.5) Don't feel like recreating a sheet lost on Myth-Weavers? This is your g

supernerd:
    Okay, I've talked to Cloudy_daze and he says that he has no real objection to Rokugan Ninja. You can go with that if you really want to.

That being said, I have a few other suggestion and comments:
    1. Upon consideration, -20% XPs is a really big thing. OTOH I do like Favored Classes actually having some weight and so I think I will go to -10% XPs.
    2. Remember that, realistically, this game is unlikely to last long enough for level-up. Sad but true.
    3. Going to Earth Pony, and then probably moving some Point-Buy from Dex to Str and/or changing the Swashbuckler levels to rogue levels (and then replacing Daring Outlaw or dropping the flaw) could work?

Triskavanski:
    I feel a need to go into this with a realistic assessment your ability to contribute, rather than over- or underestimating you. As a secondary concern it would be encouraging if you were to demonstrate that you have the staying power to not flake out on us without warning*. For these reasons I need you to take a read through the IC Thread and either ask some half-way cogent questions about what is going on OR summarize what the PCs know to-date. If you feel the need to reference the OOC thread as well, HERE it is.

*You did start to join this campaign when it first started. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you PMed me a notice that I then deleted that you were quitting instead of just going silent. You were going to play "Tim" with an emphasis on Luck.

((Note to self: Cloudy_daze will be out of "internet signal" Sunday and Monday.))
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-17 at 06:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

@DracoDei: alright chief, finally got some time. Im thinking for the character I want a unicorn, a veteran that has seen his fair share of battles and just wont give it up. Im seeing a focus on blasty spells with some combat-minded utility, something like druid (trading the wildshape for something else, and perhaps the familiar since it wont scale) or cleric into stormcaster (from stormwrack) but Ill be fine with anything else if those are too changed in your system, as long as it is a magical class with some potential for blasting and mild utility.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

@DracoDei: alright chief, finally got some time. Im thinking for the character I want a unicorn, a veteran that has seen his fair share of battles and just wont give it up. Im seeing a focus on blasty spells with some combat-minded utility, something like druid (trading the wildshape for something else, and perhaps the familiar since it wont scale) or cleric into stormcaster (from stormwrack) but Ill be fine with anything else if those are too changed in your system, as long as it is a magical class with some potential for blasting and mild utility.
    I can probably do most of what you want.

I don't have Stormwrack, and it sounds like it could be a class for alicorns only, since it combines casting with weather... then again Magical Mystery Cure Rarity...
    But I suspect you can't get into it just yet, at least not while being both blasty and utilitarian.

Never the less can you give me some idea of the first level abilities of it?

Regarding the requirements for that PrC:
    How many total skill ranks (If any)?
    What feats (If any)?
    What spells or spell levels?

Moving on to other matters about this character.
    I assume you want your casting stat to be wisdom (you get to pick freely, it doesn't effect what class you end up in)?
    Since you mentioned cleric and druid despite saying "blasty", I assume you want some curative stuff?

Give me 3 2nd level spells you would like to be able to cast in combat (don't worry about what you might need out of combat right now), that do NOT deal Electricity or Fire damage? How much worse would you feel if it was only 2 of those and which 2 would you want?

As above, but 4 or 5 1st level spells.

Triskavanski:
    I have come of with a character idea. I don't have time to write down the personality I thought of to go with it, but here are two versions (both partially completely, but probably enough for you to get the idea). The custom skill trick I put on there along with the Int and Cha scores gives a hint though....
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1116165 Warblade based
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1116462 Fighter based

Do you think you could have fun playing him/her?
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-19 at 09:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I can probably do most of what you want.

I don't have Stormwrack, and it sounds like it could be a class for alicorns only, since it combines casting with weather... then again Magical Mystery Cure Rarity...
    But I suspect you can't get into it just yet, at least not while being both blasty and utilitarian.
    Im not too sure from a fluff standpoint, but I think with 7 level (1 in commoner) you can get insi de the class

Never the less can you give me some idea of the first level abilities of it?
    on the first level of the class you lose a level of spellcasting and gain:
    Storm Spell Power (Ex): You are truly skilled in the use of spells that wield the power of the stormy seas. Any spell you cast that has the air, electricity, sonic, or water descriptor is cast at +2 caster level.
    Thunderclap (Su): You can channel stored spell energy into pure sonic energy. You can lose any prepared spell or spell slot in order to generate a 30-foot-radius burst of sonic energy. The burst deals 1d4 points of sonic damage per level of the spell slot to all targets in the area; any creature damaged by this effect is stunned for 1 round. A Fortitude save halves this damage and negates the stun effect. You are immune to your own thunderclap power. This otherwise functions like the cleric's spontaneous casting class feature (see page 32 of the Player's Handbook).
    Regarding the requirements for that PrC:
    How many total skill ranks (If any)?
    What feats (If any)?
    What spells or spell levels?

Moving on to other matters about this character.
    I assume you want your casting stat to be wisdom (you get to pick freely, it doesn't effect what class you end up in)?
    Since you mentioned cleric and druid despite saying "blasty", I assume you want some curative stuff?

Give me 3 2nd level spells you would like to be able to cast in combat (don't worry about what you might need out of combat right now), that do NOT deal Electricity or Fire damage? How much worse would you feel if it was only 2 of those and which 2 would you want?

As above, but 4 or 5 1st level spells.
    Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks and Knowledge (nature) 4 ranks, no feats.

spells are: gust of wind and call lighting or lighting bolt.

I actually would prefer to cast from intelligence if I can, Im mostly going cleric or druid because I like the idea of armor on a battle mage, but cures are still useful to have around.

The spells are kind of tricky as Im away from my library right now and I cant remember any must haves, so Ill get back to you on that later.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2017-02-19 at 09:39 PM.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I'll see what I can work up with an Intelligence based druid. You aren't going to have a lot of the more iconic druid spells and abilities (they would fall under the Earth Pony schtick) but you actually ARE going to be getting Wild Shape I think.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

neriractor:
    First Draft of your character. Look at the start of the Spell's section and tell me if the spell-preparation mechanic is too complicated for you.

Will you be able to finish out the sheet when the time comes for your level of Stormcaster, or do you need to tell me if they have good fortitude saves, what their HD, BAB progression rate (not just what their first level BAB is), skill-points, & maybe a few other things are?
    [EDIT]
    Are there any particular druid spells that aren't in core (or 3rd level spells from Spell Compendium) that you would like me to rule on if they make it onto your list of spells known?

Remember, you can request or make changes to anything you like on the sheet, subject to the usual things about respecting the GM. In other words, just because I am making the sheet up to a certain point doesn't mean you don't have creative control. It is just a work-around for my house rules being such a terrible mess (and a way of drawing people to the campaign as seen in the thread title!).
    [/EDIT]

Triskavanski:
    Do you still have an interest in this campaign?

[EDIT]
    *Reads Response*
    Okay, great. I thought that might be the case, but it seemed prudent to check.
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-20 at 04:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Currently working at reading the threads

EDIT:

Reviewing stuff here.

Neither of those two sheets you posted were a warlock or unicorn.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

1.) Eldritch Spear
    My knowledge of Warlocks is pretty strong when it comes to First Party non-home brew. Its when you start throwing in homebrew that I start to become confused especially when it does seem to have half the wording needed. And while I won't particularly try to be mean, I recognize I might need to just be blunt here.

What exactly does your homebrew of Eldritch Claws do? At the moment it gives me nothing but negatives and pain. My speed is reduced, It prevents me from using essences, amongst a few other things.

I'll edit more or post more here soon.
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2017-02-20 at 05:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

redface Re: (D&D 3.5) Don't feel like recreating a sheet lost on Myth-Weavers? This is your g

Currently working at reading the threads

EDIT:

Reviewing stuff here.

Neither of those two sheets you posted were a warlock or unicorn.

Spoiler: Image
    Show
    Oops! I forgot who had asked for what. Very sorry!

My knowledge of Warlocks is pretty strong when it comes to First Party non-home brew. Its when you start throwing in homebrew that I start to become confused especially when it does seem to have half the wording needed. And while I won't particularly try to be mean, I recognize I might need to just be blunt here.

What exactly does your homebrew of Eldritch Claws do? At the moment it gives me nothing but negatives and pain. My speed is reduced, It prevents me from using essences, amongst a few other things.

I'll edit more or post more here soon.
    Eldritch claws adds your Eldritch Blast damage to each of your hoof attacks while changing the type to slashing. Given that Ponies are basically gestalted with Monk for purposes of their hoof attack bonuses, that is nothing to sneeze at... the idea with negating the damage progression from pseudo-monk was so that the rogues aren't crying themselves to sleep at night.

Warlock actually doesn't change much. I gave it the bonus Invocation to try to make it worth the commoner level that comes with being a unicorn. If you really wanted to I could just let you build the character yourself (and then let me review it).

Elsewise, just tell me what invocations you want and if you will be multi-classing (Warlock counts as your favored class), what your ability score priorities are, and anything else you think would be useful.

FWIW, note that items that need spellcasting to activate (Scrolls, Wands, Staves etc) are rare in this setting, so UMD isn't nearly as likely to come up...

Supernerd:
    I noticed a while back that you had gone to Earth Pony Rogue 5/Swordsage 1. This is good.

There is one of your maneuvers that if I were to be strict in my vision I wouldn't allow to an earth-pony, but I've given you enough problems already I'm going to ignore that. I'm only noting this for the record to prevent future confusion. See below for why I had to ponder for all of 1 second before allowing this.

What I will say is that Distracting Ember is refluffed to become Distracting Flatulence (Earth Pony powers over life to super-charge your gut flora and go all "silent but deadly" on your target)*. Still causes them to count as flanked, and they don't even need to have a free square for you to put an elemental in, but it won't work on anything without a sense of smell.

*Yes, it is very silly. Earth Ponies have that as one of their possible schticks because Pinkie Pie & Cheese Sandwich. I even gave Earthpony Swordsages access to my Falling Anvil discipline (based on Looney Toons). No, I am NOT suggesting in any way that you should change your maneuver selections.

In a similar way, Cloak of Deception now works by the same mysterious force that let's Pinkie Pie sneak up on people she shouldn't be able to. This is, naturally, minus the implied teleportation aspects, which Earthponies can get via Shadow Hand if they wish, with Falling Anvil maneuvers counting towards their pre-requites if necessary. Actually, you could take Leaping Flame under the same theory if you wished. FWIW, a lot of the fire-damage maneuvers are good to go for Earth Ponies as well (given a cheap magic item for the ignition source), it is just I wouldn't normally allow sticking fart-gas to your weapons to add fire damage to them. As I said, I feel you have already been through enough with making this character.

I haven't looked at your sheet for a few days, so I don't know how thoroughly you managed the change-over (last I checked it was in-progress). I'll probably look later today.

[EDIT]Just took a very quick glance. You need minor equipment. and to note down your 26 strength after the +2 enhancement bonus from the virtual item. You are also still showing a fly speed and have the abilities for Swashbuckler listed in the same area as your feats... which you now have one left blank.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-02-20 at 06:14 PM.